WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  25 September 2013 by John Attersley    (Canada)

Flew from Halifax (YHZ) to St. John's (YYT) with Westjet on 22 September. Check in online was smooth, baggage drop at the airport was swift with friendly staff. At the gate was upgraded to Economy Plus seating, the extra room was nice, flight crew were good and service was very pleasant. Flight was smooth and on time, baggage service good. I would not hesitate to fly with Westjet again.

WestJet Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Eduardo Tuason    (Canada)

I Was on flight from Winnipeg to Calgary on Sep 19th at 7.15 am. I dozed off, I woke up later and noticed that everyone was having snacks. I approached an attendant and asked if I could get my snack. Told that they would bring me a glass of tomato juice which I asked for. This was the second flight where I encountered not so friendly staff members. Funny though is that as we landed the crew all had smiles.

WestJet Customer review :  14 September 2013 by S Nakamura    (Canada)

Despite Westjet's incredibly high self appraisal, the services I received was remarkably poor. No TV screen on the seat. If you want to watch anything, you have to pay to obtain portable TV. For a 5.5 hour flight, they only offered beverages twice with a tiny package of cookies or corn chips. Too much air conditioning but no blanket offered for night time flight. The most offensive service was the fact they put garbage magazines such as People, or Star in the front pocket. I guess they assume all the passengers have very low IQ's to enjoy such a tasteless entertainment. This is actually 100 times worse than no entertainment. I recommend Air Canada over Westjet.

WestJet Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Caroline Choy    (Canada)

I was flying a short flight from Montreal to Toronto and paid to pre-book my seat. Onboard, the flight attendant told me he gave my seat to the family who had to sit together and he'd find me another seat. I had to stand at the washroom and wait for everyone to board. Finally got a seat 11 rows back from what I had booked. When I asked to move back upfront, he gave me an option to pay $45 for the plus seat! He never apologised during this time but said "thank you for your co-operation" when I was leaving the plane! If they'd ask me prior and I agreed, not a problem. In this case, they did not tell you and give you no option.

WestJet Customer review :  21 August 2013 by Judith Edmison    (Canada)

Fly from Calgary to Nanaimo on the new Q400's propeller planes. Seat are far too small and I am a little person. Seats felt like they were made of concrete, so hard! Arm rest only about 1/25 inches wide.

WestJet Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Shaw Parent    (Canada)

We sent our daughter, a minor on a flight from Fort McMurray to Toronto, to meet her Grandmother. We as parents didn't want our daughter to be alone at anytime in Toronto airport, so we asked that someone from WestJet meet and assist her to the arrivals area, where her grandmother was to meet her, as she was flying in from saint John NB to meet her, and they would fly back to saint John NB together. The problem, we not only called twice to have a note put on her flight info we went directly to the airport, spoke to someone at WestJet to make sure it was all there for someone to assist and meet her grandmother and they assured us it was there and someone would assist her. Well someone did assist her to arrivals which is not a secure area, and left her alone. Can you imagine your minor child, standing in Toronto Airport by themselves. All did end well for us.

WestJet Customer review :  6 August 2013 by R Allen    (Canada)

Toronto to Cayo Coco, and Cayo Coco to Toronto. 2504 and 2505 July 6th and August 3rd. Everything was very good on the flight except the entertainment system but it being a very short flight, it did not bother me. Flight crew extremely friendly and accommodating. The seat could be a little wider and being seated in the aisle seat, my arm was bumped several times from people walking by. There just wasn't enough room. This happened when I was using the armrest console for entertainment selections, etc. Other than this, they were both great flights.

WestJet Customer review :  2 August 2013 by A Yu    (Canada)

LA to Vancouver in premium economy. Due to a hand injury, I asked a flight attendant to assist me with lifting my carry-on luggage to the overhead bin. The flight attendant was unwilling to help and replied that she also had a hand injury. When I asked her again, she offered to check my luggage. I declined her offered and explain that my luggage is not heavy, but due to a hand injury, I have limited range of hand motion and showed her the hand with the hand brace on. She replied again that she also had a hand injury and just stood there. It wasn't until I asked her for another flight attendant to help me that she suggested that we put the luggage up together. I was polite and respectful throughout the entire conversation was surprised at the level of service I was receiving. I will not fly with them again.

WestJet Customer review :  2 August 2013 by D Callender    (Canada)

Outbound, Toronto (YYZ) - Liberia (LIR), July 19 2013, Flight 2742, Boeing 737-700. Return, Liberia (LIR) - Toronto (YYZ), July 26, 2013, Flight 2743. West Jet has One of our worst experiences yet. Firstly, they noted we had to upgrade our seating to sit next to each other, having to pay more because only front seats were available. Rather than just being seated in any back row, told not a single seat was left but the front ones, even though we had booked our flight months in advance. Had to pay almost an extra hundred for our seats. Also, they do not offer any earphones for use, and they offer very little channels to watch during flight. They also don't offer any meals, you have to buy everything. You are only offered, a drink (water, pop or coffee/tea) and a biscuit. We were extremely disappointed having to pay the extra hundred for our flight!

WestJet Customer review :  1 August 2013 by Stewart Walford    (Canada)

YEG-YYZ, July 30 2013. Flew Air Canada from Toronto to Edmonton and returned with Westjet. Both flights were full. AC flight on time and the crew business like and professional. Return flight with Westjet was delayed a half hour because they could not get a ramp to the departure gate. No apology - just a curt comment from the first officer that 'we hope that your travel plans were not disrupted'. The in flight entertainment system on AC was better and the food for purchase on AC was better. In short, our Westjet experience was nothing special.

WestJet Customer review :  30 July 2013 by B Bierwirth    (Canada)

Found customer service staff friendly and helpful. However, plane comfort and seating were poor. Not only is the seat pitch as close to as small as it can be, but seat depth is short and feels like you are sitting on a hockey bench, not on an airplane. Armrests are so short, your elbows will hardly touch. Satellite TV was provided but half the channels did not come through clearly or were static and the screens were very tiny.

WestJet Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Christine Lohr    (Canada)

Toronto to Victoria on July 10, 2013. Only TV on the plane that didn't work was mine! Attendant came and tapped it a few times and nothing but showed no real concern its only a 5 hour flight!! We were row 5, I had specifically picked those seats and paid extra for them but at the time they were not deemed 'undesirable' unfortunately now they were and when the row in front reclined we lost use of our trays and the only 1 TV that was working which we were sharing! It was a bad situation and a horrible flight. When the food and beverage services started I passed the attendant my visa and asked to run a tab the other attendant said it wouldn't be any charge for my cheese platter due to the problems we were having, with that the attendant said 'now are you happy'. I fly regularly on Westjet and have noticed a change from before, certainly not going to be my go to airline anymore, getting the poor service is one thing, upsetting my daughter due to complete ignorance is another.

WestJet Customer review :  18 July 2013 by T Hondan    (Canada)

Vancouver to Los Angeles. If you ever decide to fly with WestJet, expect flight delays and paying for your food onboard. Make sure you bring some warm clothes because you will have to pay $3 for a blanket. The only positive thing about them is that they don't charge you for your first piece of luggage. No inflight entertainment unless again (you pay for it). Basically, nothing for free except coffee and drinks.

WestJet Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Colby Louse    (Canada)

Traveled to Fort Lauderdale from Toronto to take a cruise, flight down was ok, coming back though our flight was suppose to leave at 11.55am. At 12.55pm there was still no ground crew, no announcements and not a single person in sight to ask what was going on. At 1.45pm I found another Westjet ground crew at a different gate, they had no idea what was happening. We finally boarded over 2 hours late - no explanation - no apologies and when I emailed Westjet about it the response was that they source out ground crews - so they are not really responsible.

WestJet Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Randy Millar    (Canada)

4 hour flight to Hamilton from Calgary and no TV or entertainment system. Paid $900 round trip. Will be flying Air Canada from now on.

WestJet Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Di Leo Lorene    (Canada)

Round-trip from Toronto to New York City on June 28/13 returning July 1/2013. WJ 1216 on June 28 and WJ 1217 on July 1st. We experienced flight delays on both our arrival and departure. This had nothing to do with WestJet as the delay was initiated by the airport. The flight crew made every effort to make the delay as comfortable as possible. Given food vouchers without even requesting it. Flight crew had been working over 12 hours and were still friendly and cheerful. Despite the 6.5 hour delay for a 1.5 hour flight, it was still an overall pleasant experience.

WestJet Customer review :  4 July 2013 by W Jesse    (Canada)

Was booked Victoria to Calgary leaving at 7am. Got to airport to find flight delayed by one hour and my connecting flight cancelled until following day. Later found out I had received an email notification at home at 6.27am. I was supposed to be at the airport by 6. Fortunately a very good ticket agent rescheduled me with a partner carrier but through different routing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7