Vueling Airlines Customer Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R Johnson    (UK)

EDI-BCN-IBZ return. Outgoing flight was delayed by an hour, which left less than an hour for my connection. They did not give me my onward ticket and had to check in again at BCN, despite booking it as a single travel. They tried to take my hand luggage to the hold, since there was no room for it on a half empty flight (be warned, there are issues with bags and lack of space on every flight). I'd like to add that the customer who did have to place their luggage in the hold, did not get it back for their entire trip. Extremely poor leg room. Very over priced snacks, even for an airline. Complaints department do not respond. Do not fly with Vueling!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Ralf Möller    (Germany)

Complete mess. Plane took off almost one hour late from Barcelona without any reasons given. Pilot obviously did not try to recover lost time during the flight, plane arrived an hour late, which was really bad given the late hour - trains were all gone. Staff very unfriendly to passengers during boarding procedure. No apology whatsoever on arrival. No service people available to document delay. Phone hotline not reachable. Flight quality also bad. I fly a lot, and seldom had I less room for my legs. Some airlines charge you for food on board, Vueling even charges for drinks.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Spearman    (UK)

We have just returned from a short holiday to Florence. We flew LHR-FLR and returned FLT-LHR. (This route is switching to LGW on 31-03-14). Airbus A319. We booked the Optima fare as we knew we would not want to be restricted to cabin luggage and this also enabled us to select our seats towards the front of the aircraft when booking. Firstly I was impressed with the prompt embarkation of the flight at Heathrow. No last minute rush and no scrum! Secondly, I am 6 ft and was very pleased with the amount of leg room. On our return flight we were in a different row but there was still adequate leg room. I actually tried comparing it to leg room in economy on Transatlantic flights we have taken and decided it was no less. The flight crew were friendly, efficient and presentable. The flight deck also kept us fully informed particularly when we hit a nasty bit of turbulence over mountains. There was a glitch on our return flight but it was not the airline's fault. The luggage loading equipment failed and back up had to be called. This resulted in take off being about 30-40 minutes late. Once again we were kept informed of the situation. The Captain was visible and clearly doing all he could to get the issue resolved. To the airline's credit we landed at LHR only 5 minutes behind schedule so time must have been made up by the Captain. Overall then, for a budget airline I was impressed and would not hesitate to book Vueling again if the schedule and prices were right.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by A Powers    (Canada)

We travelled Madrid-Barcelona at the beginning of March. Due to computer inability to check-in on-line (it seems I may not have been able to anyway as I am not an EU citizen) and some transportation issues, we arrived 2 minutes after 'check-in' time. We did not have luggage to check-in. We were treated rather rudely. We were refused check-in. When I tried to re-book, we were informed that we had to pay for another flight (at a significantly higher price). I may have mis-understood the airline info (but there is so much of it) and had understood that if we missed our flight we could re-book with a penalty fee. Apparently, this only works if you check in. Well, if one misses their flight, they likely haven't had a chance to check-in. What is the point of all this check-in etc on domestic flights. I bought a ticket of course, I want to use it. This isn't a cheap or efficient airline. My recommendation take the train!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by J Jong    (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Malaga. Pretty new Airbus A320. Seat pitch extremely small - made 2 hours very uncomfortable. Luggage policy is forcing passengers to take as much as possible hand luggage - this is making boarding of the plane very chaotic as there is no sufficient space for all suitcases. Service on the board fair. Because of the small seat pitch I would not recommend using this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by A Maier    (Canada)

I had a generally positive experience from FLR to LHR. The flight itself was comfortable, the seat pitch not as bad as I feared as they put the magazine holder at the top above your knee level. The staff were friendly, flight smooth, airplane clean. Low-frills service with everything at cost, even drinks. My only real complaint is if you book your flight via codeshare, there is very little if anything you can to your booking on Vueling website. My flight was booked via BA with Iberia flight number, operated by Vueling, which prevented me from doing anything like seat requests. Also, without an EU passport I could not do online check-in either which I had not experienced before.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by A Davidson    (Canada)

Flight 3001 - Las Palmas (LPA) to Barcelona (BCN) on Feb 16th 2014: Overhead bins directly above seats in rows 2 and 3 not available for those of us seated in these seats but reserved for guests seated in row 1 - regardless of whether or not there is anyone seated in that row. The very first overhead bin is obviously reserved for crew luggage which apparently takes precedence over paying passengers carry on luggage. Seats in 2a and 2c as well as in 3 f occupied by Vueling employees traveling from LPA back to BCN - along with the dog accompanying the two seated directly in front of us in row 2. Following take off, all 3 of the above mentioned "passengers" disappeared behind the closed curtain into the forward galley area where they remained throughout the flight up to the landing announcement being made. The above mentioned dog did not remain under the seat where it should have been, but had also disappeared into the forward galley area. There was absolutely no sign of a flight attendant following take- off from Las Palmas until nearly 2 hours into the flight. At this point, we finally managed to get some service from the two young female attendants who were positioned at the rear of the aircraft who were not part of the "party" up front. There was no coffee, tea or soft drinks being served to those of us in the forward portion of the cabin. Iberia was bad enough but this airline is even worse and we would not recommend them to anyone if they can at all avoid flying with Vueling. Our mistake was taking a chance on Iberia's subsidiary in order to give Iberia another chance. We now know we made a poor choice.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by A Davidson    (Canada)

Flight 3000 - Barcelona (BCN) to Las Palmas (LPA) taken on Jan 31st 2014. In general, we were more than satisfied with the flight itself which actually left the "gate" (a spot where the plane was parked on the tarmac) a few minutes ahead of schedule. On boarding the aircraft, we proceeded to store out luggage in the overhead bin above our seats in row 3 only to be promptly told this bin was for "Excellence" guests (ie: those sitting in row 1 of the aircraft) and that we would have to move our carry on back to the next bin. Funny thing was, no one sat in row 1 on this flight so the whole exercise was a bit stupid. The aircraft itself was in the Iberia livery as Vueling appears to be a subsidiary of Iberia. An older Airbus 319, it was obviously in need of a bit of tender loving care. The seats we were seated in sagged almost to the floor which provided for a rather uncomfortable four hour ride to say the least. Furthermore, the aircraft had not been groomed prior to our boarding and as a result, we found used tissues stuffed in with the flight safety card and magazines. Not a great start. The on-board service was no more than satisfactory to say the least and we will leave it at that. For our comments on the return flight from Las Palmas (LPA) to Barcelona (BCN) on February 16th, you can refer to the separate entry.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Congalides    (Greece)

Flight on 2/2 Barcelona to Athens. Whilst everything was in order, the flight itself was exceptionally rough, lots of turbulence. Despite all this, no announcement was made by the captain to calm certain passengers. This is normal in bad weather conditions the soothing voice of the captain, likewise, when approaching destination, details are given on ground temp etc. On this flight nothing was mentioned, we just landed and I must admit that the landing despite bad weather conditions was absolutely professional. In fact since take off until landing, pilots failed to give us any single announcement. Last but not least, they separated me from my partner at seat allocation.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Garcia    (Australia)

BCN-PMI. Easy and fast check-in by using the kiosk. Flight departed 30 minutes late due to technical problems, designated plane have to be replaced. Last minute gate change. Service and seats were good.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by N Simonis    (Greece)

Check in was fast, attendants seemed to be excellent. As you know you have to pay for a coffee. I booked this flight BCN-ATH 3 months ago, and at check in no two seats next to each other were available hence my wife in row 18 and myself in row 26. This was the first time an airline separates passengers. I know I could have bought seats, but I hate these airline tricks. On the positive side, landing was excellent. This airline is not my choice only because of the above seat assignments.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C Isaac    (UK)

VY1240, 17/10/13 and returned VY1241, 30/11/13. I have flown with Vueling three times in the past year. They are the best airline I have used from Cardiff to Spain, and am thankful that they not only stepped in to fill the void after bmi baby pulled out, but improved the standards at the same time. Please keep flying from Cardiff.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by G Scherer   (USA)

We traveled to Europe from the US in October 2013 and for a couple of our flights within Europe I decided to try Vueling, with their lower prices and seemingly decent reputation. The first flight from Amsterdam to Barcelona was canceled and we never received notice that it was to be cancelled, until arriving at the airport. Another flight was not available, and they did absolutely nothing to provide any support or help. A long line of angry and displeased customers got the same "we can't help you" position after 45-60 minutes in line. Then, we had already booked another flight with them, from Barcelona to Naples, a week later. I checked in advance and it was on schedule before we left to the airport. We arrived at the airport and sat waiting. The intercom announcement to go to the gate was heard by us and other passengers about 4 minutes before the departure time, now maybe 30 minutes late. A long line of passengers stood in line until past the departure time only to learn from one of the passengers who called Vueling that the flight had been cancelled. They actually called the passengers to the gate and then left them there, without telling them the flight was cancelled or anything, nothing, no word. This is one of the most ridiculous airline experiences I've ever had. Then, the airline could not help us get out of Barcelona to Naples for another few days, no offer of a refund or anything. One of the clerks for the airline even had the audacity to tell me that I shouldn't expect more as it is a discount airline. I will never fly this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by U Federico    (France)

FCO-ORY. Excellence Class - I purchased the ticket 2 hours before departure - Internet procedure was quick and efficient, dedicated check in counter at FCO airport. The Business lounge is old style, but there's everything you need, from WiFi to catering. Excellence seats guarantee you an empty seat next to you for working, dedicated carry on space, so zero stress. Carpet old and worn out, but no major problem. Staff very friendly, asked me several times throughout the flight if I'd enjoy anything from the catering tray (for free since I was in Excellence). Plane landed 20 mins early - all this for 200 euros. Will definitely fly with them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

BCN-DUS on 7 December. A320 direct flight was fine. Online check-in worked perfect and the bag drop took a minute from when I got to the counter. Seats are tight - and I always have knee-room in coach. Luckily the flight was 40% full so had a full row of 3 seats to myself. If the flight was packed or was longer than 2 hours it ould be pretty bad. Flight Attendants were great - super friendly. Bought a sandwich and drink and was decent tasting and quantity. Arrived on time and bags were out fast. I'd recommend Vueling for 2 hour flights or less - you get what you pay for and the flight was only Euro 60 including checked bag and assigned seat.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

My flight MUC to BCN made me realise how low-cost carriers should not be managed. I accept that no free drinks are served and I understand that space is very limited because as many passenger as possible need to be squeezed into the A320. It was somewhat unpleasant that staff was so rushed without time for friendliness. Really annoying however was the two hour delay on a Friday night, due to the fact that the plane arrived late, presumably due to the fact that the Vuelings schedule is too tight.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Craig Anderson    (New Zealand)

Flew Venice to Barcelona - 29/11/2013. Flight was shambolic and a disgrace. The cabin smelt of stale body odour, passengers were incorrectly seated and staff seem at best disinterested. Seats and leg room unacceptable and whilst being told hand luggage ok for flight was charged EUR35 when boarding despite bag fitting into weight and size indicator. Would never fly this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by R Artes    (Netherlands)

Good service, great attendants from Brussels to Barcelona. But legroom is terrible, if you are taller than 180 cm then fly with another airline. 2 hours sitting bolt upright is not much fun.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by T Ortega    (USA)

I would caution you of flying Vueling (now merged with Iberia). They overbook by 20+% and they don't tell you this when you have purchased and confirmed your ticket. You need to obtain a seat at lease 3-4 days prior, even the same day of booking, try to obtain a seat. If not you are put on a standby list and typically have to fly on the next flight available. We are now in Seville, Spain and our flight we had tickets for the 9.25am flight, now we are on the 3.10pm flight because we couldn't get seats 24 hours prior online!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Lawrence Braun    (Israel)

I am 5 ft 10 and have never been so uncomfortable on a flight before. There is no leg room and my legs were pushed into the seat in front of me. Also I have knee problems and am on crutches, it is hard for me to stand. Long check in line. No one from Vueling even noticed that I was on crutches and offered to have me come to the front of the line as I stood in pain. Unfortunately, I have another flight on Vueling from Barcelona to Tel Aviv on Monday November 11th. It will be my last flight with them.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by D Wynne    (UK)

I arrived at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday for a flight to Barcelona only to be told by email that same day that my flight had been cancelled. I had to arrange at very short notice another flight. I think it was terrible for the cancellation to be at such short notice.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Rainer    (Germany)

Booked flights from Stuttgart to Barcelona and back for me and my wife as the schedule was perfect for our trip, the price was equivalent to LH or Germanwings. Check-in service in STR was quick and friendly (although they did not announce the delay of 35 mins as the incoming aircraft was late). The pain started when I tried to get into my seat, I'm about 192cm and the legroom was so small that I could not find a comfortable position. Vuelings says they have a seat spacing of 31", but I I think it's something around 28" or they use old seats with thicker backrests so the space gets lost. Never had this problem on LH with the same 31". The flight crew on both flights was quite unfriendly, the announcements in Spanish and English were not understandable, a major issue for safety reasons. Ground service in BCN was bad, waiting time for luggage was 50 minutes, and the baggage check-in for the flight back took nearly an hour as Vueling had 13 open counters for app. 40 flights within two hours, each with 150+ passengers, even the last minute counter was overcrowded. Best thing was that they closed 4 counters in between for a break - unbelievable! Another major point in Vueling's cabin luggage checks, nobody cares about size and weight of the luggage, and the bins are already full when just the half of the passengers has boarded. So passengers need to stow their luggage into the non-existent legroom, another security issue if an emergency evacuation might be needed. Conclusion: this was my first and last trip with Vueling, you'll get much better service and professional handling for exactly the same price at other carriers with better ratings.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Hen Broon    (UK)

Travelled from SVQ to BIO. The flight schedule was on time, the staff service was acceptable. The leg room on this aircraft, however, was ridiculous. I am not tall (5ft 9in) yet my knees were squeezed right up against the seat in front. I pity anyone 5ft 10in or taller on these flights. Clearly, Vueling are trying to squeeze in more and more passengers on the flight - understandable, but I have never been so uncomfortable on a flight. For the reason of leg room alone, I will not choose to fly with Vueling again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Willy Verwoerd    (Norway)

After several pleasant flights with Vueling providing fair value I have now left them. The reason for this is their new luggage policy since last time: Be aware that Vueling now has a total luggage allowance of 23 kg per passenger. No, not per suitcase, per passenger. No matter how many cases you bring you'll have to pay for excess luggage if your total is more than 23 kg. As an example I was on the point of booking a flight from Prague to Alicante (which goes via Barcelona) when fortunately I discovered this in time. I was going to bring two cases at 20 kg each. This would have cost me 60 euros for the two cases plus 17 kilos of excess luggage at 12 euros per kilo, giving a total of 264 euros! As many here will know, Ryanair tried a similar scheme some years ago and abandoned it after massive customer dissatisfaction. It is very hard to understand exactly in which way Vueling feels it is a good business idea to repeat the mistakes of other airlines.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by B Jacobsen    (Norway)

Took a flight from Oslo to Barcelona to Menorca. I am 6'5" (196cm) and I could not fit into the seats at all (worst leg room I have ever experienced). No food or beverages or entertainment. Flight staff was nice and helpful. The biggest problem is that the Customer Service. My luggage was delayed for 2.5 days so I had to buy some new clothes and bathroom essentials. When I have enquired both by email and phone regarding this situation, I receive no response at all. They do not even bother to answer my questions at all. I will never use Vueling again as they appear to have very little regard for their clients.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Abdel Rodriguez    (Canada)

BCN-LPA and LPA-BCN a week after. Seats very uncomfortable, little leg room. Flight crew rude and not very accommodating. We have never experienced such an unfriendly crew. In general I believe that when someone decides to become a flight attendant, there are 3 very important things they need to be. 1) Affable, friendly, accommodating. 2) Able to speak fluently in at least 2 languages. 3) Be able to orchestrate passengers through an emergency and succeed. Number 1 and 2 were failures for this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by O Connor    (USA)

This was my first flight on Vueling. Wonderful flight and Service. I traveled from Paris to Rome October 3, 2013. The flight was on time, comfortable and very reasonable. Will travel with Vueling again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Donald McKelvie    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Paris to Barcelona and Barcelona to Rome recently and I too was very concerned having read some of the comments made, however each of our flights were great. On time and I think in both cases we arrived early at our destination. Check in was no problem.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by H Melikian    (USA)

My husband is a professional saxophonist and we travel all over the US and abroad for his performances. He always carries his horn on board with him. He counts that as his carrying item and it stows just fine in the overhead compartment. Today we took a Vueling flight from Paris to Barcelona, and we're told he couldn't bring it on board as a carry on, and that he would have to either check it, or purchase a seat for it and keep it on the seat. We had no choice other than buy the horn a ticket at premium rate (255 Euros), which was about twice what the combined cost of both of our tickets. We were furious, particularly when we boarded and saw it was a typical Airbus 320 with loads if overhead storage. We will never fly with them again, and will certainly check in the future whether other airlines are instilling similar policies.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Robin Palmes    (Spain)

We had a very good flight with Vueling from Menorca via Barcelona to Vienna. But the return, we arrived at Vienna airport nearly 2 hours before take off to be directed to some remote terminal to check in as the online check in was not functioning. We queued for 40 mins, only to be told by a terse official our cabin bags were going in the hold, despite me protesting I needed medicines in my bag. I asked why we could not take them in the cabin as normal and she said the plane was too full. So we had a tense flight wondering if we would see our personal bags again! Flown millions of miles and never had this happen before. Problem I guess is Vueling had the seats so close together, there were more seats than overhead locker spaces, but this is cheating the public!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Glen Walker    (New Zealand)

I booked this Barcelona - Dubrovnik flight several months ago from New Zealand. I too had read many terrible reviews and I was really worried about this leg of a once In a lifetime trip for my wife and me. Well I needn't have worried because the day was flawless and their online service leading up to the day was also exemplary. Barcelona Airport and Vueling check-in was smooth, the boarding, flight and luggage were spot on. Could not fault the airline. I'm tall so I paid a little extra for legroom. Brilliant.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

VUELING AIRLINES customer reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Opinions about Vueling Airlines standards