Vueling Airlines Customer Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Kathleen White    (The Gambia)

I flew from The Gambia to Barcelona and then was meant to fly on to London Gatwick. In Banjul they could not give me the Vueling boarding pass from Barcelona to London Gatwick and said I should get it when I arrived in Barcelona. The plane was late arriving and I raised this with the steward on the flight who said that if I missed the flight Vueling would put me on the Iberia flight at 10.15 am. I did miss the flight but when I went to the Vueling desk they refused to put me on the Iberia flight. I then had to spend approx 2 hours trying to locate my luggage in Barcelona airport. The Vueling staff were very unhelpful. When I eventually got my luggage I had at the last minute to buy an airticket myself on the Iberia flight. I would never fly on this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Tabb    (USA)

My wife and I flew Vueling from Barcelona to Amsterdam on an A320-200 in July. I paid the extra 12 euros each for exit row seats as I am 6'4" and need the extra leg room. Online ticket purchase was easy including seat selection. Our flight was delayed because the plane was late, but once it arrived we boarded quickly and arrived Amsterdam almost on time. The seats were fine for a 2 hour flight with the extra legroom. Flight attendants were efficient, but not friendly. The plane was clean and in good repair and there was plenty of room in the overhead for our carry-ons. For about $120 each ow, I thought it was a good value and would fly them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J West    (South Africa)

I recently had a flight with Vueling and had a stop over in Rome. The flight was initially delayed 6 hours, and then moved forward after 2 hours without any warning of any sort. Subsequently we missed our flight. Regardless of the missed flight, the customer service we received afterwards from Vueling was horrific. Nobody made any effort to assist us in any possible way. It has now been more than two weeks after the incident, and our luggage is still missing. My experience with Vueling on the day of our flight was bad, but the assistance we received afterwards even worse.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Haitham    (Egypt)

I had a multi-leg itinerary with Alitalia, Aug 2014. I picked Vueling from BCN-FCO due to availability. Check in takes a long time to due to the huge traffic for Vueling at El Prat airport, apart from that, I didn't have any problems. Plane was a new Airbus A320-200, very clean inside and leg room was very good for me. I purchased the Optima fare for 23Kg for one bag, which was 110EUR. Chairs are good even for reasonably overweight passengers, no complaints about luggage handling as Alitalia lost mine 5 days earlier FCO-BCN. Overall more than good for what it's worth, would definitely try again if the same plane model.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Hermoso    (Switzerland)

I used 2 Vueling flights yesterday between Seville-Barcelona and Barcelona-Zurich. The first flight was of a good standard, as good or better than easyJet but the second leg of the flight was not what one would expect from a established serious airline. The boarding at Barcelona into a sub-contracted plane from Orbest (grupo Barcelo) was badly organized by unmotivated/poorly trained ground staff, the leg room between seats was smaller that in the Seville flight, the cabin staff could not cope with the overall services provided (printed prices for food/drinks were for Orbest passengers), they could not provide cold Cava and instead of published Orbest prices, higher Vueling prices were charged. Flight left 15 mins late and docking gate at Zurich was at the far end of the runway (20 min walk to the exit. The whole flight was a very poor experience and poor value for money. I believe passengers should be refunded part of their original Vueling ticket cost when a sub-optimum alternative flight arrangement is provided. I shall give Vueling flights a rest for a while and will continue using easyJet which is run in a more professional manner.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Campbell Lloyd    (UK)

We were due to fly from Florence to Gatwick. We were informed half an hour before takeoff that there was a delay due to a late takeoff somewhere else. Then hours later a staff member shouted out a message but as we were at the back of the queue we couldn't hear, someone fainted. A fellow passenger told us that we were being diverted to Bologna because of the 'wind', this despite the fact that other flights were landing and taking off. So, from arriving at the airport at 1pm two hours before take off at 15.20pm we were finally getting on the bus at 8pm and boarded the flight at 9pm. Almost six hour delay. I was with my partner and three children aged under seven. This was an awful experience.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by P Paxson    (USA)

We had our worst airline experience ever with Vueling, and we are experienced international travelers. We were changing planes in Barcelona, flying to Milan. The departure board initially indicated that our boarding gate would be announced in an hour. That message was later deleted, but no gate was listed. My wife checked the Vueling mobile application which listed a gate. However, at the gate, the sign read Copenhagen, not Milan. We found out that this was indeed our flight, but the gate personnel would not let us board because the door of the plane had been closed. To repeat: no gate listed on the departures board, wrong city listed at the gate, so we missed our flight. We'll never fly Vueling again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by J Cain    (USA)

Buyer beware. Booked a round-trip flight from Florence, Italy to Split, Croatia. The day I was leaving from the US, received an e-mail that my flights were moved forward three days. Problem was the return flight got me back to Florence two days after my return flight to the US. Unable to confirm if the original flights were cancelled or if I and my daughter were bumped because we had a low fare. Could not get through on any of their phone lines (even though I was willing to pay the ridiculous per minute and set up fees) nor receive an online response as to what happens. If this airline merely wants to cater to backpackers with no schedules, good luck.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by K Cullen    (UK)

I decided to book my holiday flights with Vueling as the price was so much cheaper than any other airline at the time (half the price). I was travelling with my husband and 2 small children, another family of 4 and a family of 2. After booking, I read the reviews and thought, "oh dear, what have I done"?? I couldn't of been more pleased with Vueling services, the flight was on time, the queue was non existent, the bags have good baggage allowance, able to take buggy to the gate, good hand baggage size/weight allowed, the bags arrived safely at the other end, no damage, coffee snacks on board, good seats, clean plane etc. Will definitely price compare with Vueling again as I have not one single complaint or moan against them.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2014 by Daryl Farry    (Australia)

Barcelona to Venice on Wednesday 16th July 2014, Flight VY6404. This is the worst airline I have travelled on. Now I understand what sardines must feel like jammed into the same tin as many of their mates. It's hopeless for anyone 5ft 7ins or over and if anyone reclines their seat heaven forbid.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by W Parker    (The Netherlands)

BRU-BCN. Flight departed from Brussels on time. Cabin crew was very friendly. I was initially concerned about the flight having read a lot of negative reviews, however my journey was very pleasant and I have no complaints. Being 5'8" I had no problem with leg room. Baggage arrived safely in Barcelona.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Warwick Edwards    (New Zealand)

On August 1st we were booked on a Flight from Gatwick to Barcelona. I paid extra for a space plus seat and to find when we boarded that we were dumped on a Charter flight with an airline called Privilege operating an old 757 that was in bad state of repair. There was no leg room and when this was brought to there attention as normal no one wanted to know. The check in service at Gatwick was terrible and it took over two hours to clear the waiting queue. If you are desperate for a flight do not book with them.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Flight from Rome to Alicante, I only fly with Vueling if I cannot find another alternative and there was no other choice which tied in with the time we arrived in Rome. We paid the Optima tariff which allows hold baggage and seat selection, thus meaning we only has small carry on bags which we placed in the overhead locker. These bags were then removed by one of the cabin crew and we were told to place them under the seat leaving no room for our feet. When I asked why I was told that room had to be made for larger bags which would not fit under the seats. So having paid the extra for a more comfortable flight, we ended up with less comfort passengers who had not paid for hold luggage. A petty quibble I know, but it is so typical of Vueling.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Mary White    (UK)

We were booked on a flight from Florence to Gatwick leaving Florence at 16.05, arriving Gatwick at 17.25 (July 26th). We were checked in and luggage was sent through, despite the fact that rumours were circulating that the flight would be delayed. We then went through security only to be told that the flight had been diverted to Pisa due to weather conditions. The announcement was shouted out - no intercom or information on the airport information screen. We were told that we would be taken to Pisa where the airplane was waiting for us. We then had to collect our luggage, get on a bus and were driven to Pisa. On arrival at Pisa (5.30 approx), there was no announcement or information but by word of mouth amongst passengers, we realised that they were checking in luggage. There then followed a wait of 2-3 hours with no communication from Vueling staff about when or if the flight would be taking off or if we should go through security. Consequently when the flight was ready to board at 8.15 (announced minutes before), there was another delay while we waited for passengers to be checked through. There was hardly an apology, no snacks or drinks provided and there were families with young children and babies.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R Delboe    (Australia)

On 30 June 2014, we arrived at Orly Airport only to be told that our flight was cancelled. Vueling offered us a flight to Barcelona the next day but we would have had to stay there that night! We were scheduled to fly to Florence and had our accommodation booked. They didn't try to assist us in any other way. We finally went to Orly Sud and had to buy a ticket with Easyjet to Pisa and then catch a bus to Florence. This experience has left a sour taste in our mouths and I will never recommend Vueling!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Dianne Baker    (Australia)

We arrived at Rome airport at 6.45am, 21 July 2014 to fly with Vueling to Paris. The flight was scheduled for 9.25 am. Next thing we saw the departures board add an hour to departure. Then an hour later the flight was changed to a 12.30 departure. So a three hour delay without explanation. We waited an hour in the boarding queue with no further movement or information. We were them told that the plane was cancelled and that we would be given our luggage back and after collecting luggage - which took another hour, we should go to the ticket office. When we arrived at the ticket office it was swamped so we had to stand in the queue for another hour to be given a choice of a flight at 7am the next morning and overnight accommodation. Which we accepted. We were told to wait near the ticket office with the other going to accept the alternative offer. So 50 people gathered for the bus that was to arrive shortly to take us to our accommodation. We had to stand for nearly 3 hrs until our bus arrived. The airline did not offer any explanation or say that the bus would be that long so we could have found somewhere to sit. I am in my 60s and am a post cancer patient so I had to sit on the tiled floor as I could not stand any longer. We were afraid to move from the area as we did not know when the bus was coming. We finally got to Paris the next day. The airline did not even offer us a coffee or water voucher let alone a meal voucher for the whole day of arriving at 6.30 am and finally getting bussed out at 5.15 pm. Staff seemed to be very unsympathetic about the whole situation.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Michael Jürgen    (Austria)

July 7 allegedly was a day of heavy weather - almost all Vueling flights from Barcelona were cancelled or late. Curiously, no other airline seemed to be affected, and all I observed was some rain in the morning and cloudy but otherwise fine weather in the afternoon. My flight (with 2 kids) back to Vienna was scheduled at 12.05, then postponed by an hour (without notice at the gate), then by another hour, finally, in the very second that people began boarding the plane, it was cancelled, and passengers were told to fetch their luggage (a wrong belt number was announced and displayed). The waiting line for rebooking stood at the Vueling desk all night through (I myself waited for 5 hours). I was offered the choice of having my booking changed to another Vueling flight to Vienna, for which I would have to wait for 2 days, or cancel and try another airline at my own cost. In the end we were booked on a flight to Zurich the next morning, from where we took the train to Vienna. We had to spend the night in a seat at the airport. A hotel for the night was not offered, for "weather conditions are outside the airline's control." I can only warn everybody to avoid this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by S Fernandez    (Finland)

Nice, new aircraft. Quiet and clean but this airline discriminates based on your physical condition. This means that they sell you (for extra ) an "XL Seat" which is nothing more than the normal emergency exit seats. I tried to sit in a normal seat but I simply wouldn't fit (and I'm not that tall, 194 cms). The friendly crew relocated me to the emergency exit row, but what would I have done if the plane was full. Miss my flight? And why must I travel apart from my wife, whom wasn't allowed to join me in the emergency exit row (which was mostly empty). At the airport when I inquired about booking the emergency exit row seats they tried to charge me €60! And that's per seat! Needless to say I'll never fly with this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Robert Cleland    (Australia)

My wife and I recently travelled with Vueling from Amsterdam to Barcelona and later from Barcelona to London. We found them to be efficient and at least equal to other low cost airlines such as Jetstar Australia. The flights were on time, no baggage worries, efficient (especially at the chaotic Barcelona terminal) and courteous. Criticism of the airline seems unfounded and we would fly with them again without hesitation.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by J Evans    (UK)

2 July, Gatwick to Barcelona and return supposed be July, Barcelona to Gatwick (this was cancelled) and we ended up travelling back on the Tuesday at 12.50, Barcelona to Gatwick. Very disappointing airline. Flight cancelled due to bad weather, even though they advertise compensation, nothing provided, no food voucher, hotel discount, nothing. So beware you pay for what you get absolutely nothing! Even from Spain to UK people did not get a confirmed flight back next day. Flights booked by my partner but I won't be travelling with this airline ever again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by J Muller    (Australia)

I flew Palermo to Paris last week, and Paris to Rome today. I was expecting the worst after reading these reviews, but both flights were perfect. Check-in on both days was efficient and friendly. Both flights left on time with no problems, no delays. Staff were great. I would fly with them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Ralph Ghazal    (USA)

On July 7 2014 my wife and I along with my two sons, sister and brother-in-law were booked on flight VY8100 from Barcelona to Athens. The flight was scheduled to depart Barcelona at 10.20. We did not take off until about 15.30. Announcement to go to gate was made at about 12.05. We get to gate and are told that the plane was at the gate but because of the delay a fresh crew was to replace the original crew which had exceeded its permitted hours on duty and that it would be about 10 minutes. One hour later an announcement was made that a gate change was necessary. The original gate area was blocked off and US bound passengers were allowed to enter the original gate area for security reasons, not as Vueling said operational reasons. After the change to the second gate, the ground staff announced that boarding would begin in 15 minutes. We heard nothing more until we finally boarded at around 15.00. So besides the original ten minutes and second 15 minutes delay announcements we heard nothing, no explanation, no apology,…nothing. We then board, and while inflight the crew/captain had the audacity to charge for snacks/meals. No one had anything to eat while waiting to take off about 5 hours behind schedule. This delay caused us to miss the 16.30 and 19.30 ferries to Hydra from Pireaus. New ferry tickets had to be purchased for a total of 150 Euros.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Andrew Inman    (Australia)

I've flown a lot of budget airlines but I never thought it was possible for an airline to be this bad. Our first leg was Dusseldorf to Barcelona and I was staggered at how cramped the seats were but we got there on time. The next flight was unbelievable. We got to check in 35 mins before closing. Lines barely moved and as it got closer to closing they announced the last minute check in at a counter number that didn't exist. They announced the last minute checkout again for other flights but the queue was so long there (and almost impossible to get to in the crush) that we waited where we were. We did asked Vueling staff near the queues what we should do and they ignored us. When we got to an assistant about 1 minute too late they told us to go to the ticketing office as the flight had closed. At the ticketing office they told us they could put us on another flight to a nearby city for $600. I told them that this was unreasonable, as their check in imploded and got nowhere. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they weren't going to be there for another 3 hours. When I was insisted they passed me on to the manager who was at the next desk. I still got nowhere and was offered a complaint form which would be answered within 3 months. When I asked for a pen to fill it in, they wouldn't lend me one. Had to rebook. Will never fly with Vueling / Iberia / BA again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by A Perry    (UK)

Flew out 4/7/14. Flight out from Gatwick to Barcelona was an hour late with no explanation. 07/07/14 - Big storm at Barcelona which meant delays on other carriers but the Vueling flights were mainly cancelled. Our flight was showing as still going but delayed so we checked in a kept an eye on the information boards. When suddenly the flight disappeared from the board, no announcement, nothing on the board to say what had happen. We asked a member of staff (after finally finding one) and were told that our flight had been cancelled, to go to the baggage collection, pick up our bags and go back out and queue up at the Vueling desk to book another flight. The queue was very long at least 200 people in front of us and at least 400 behind us. We were offered a flight back home the following afternoon, with no compensation for additional hotel or food costs. An absolutely terribly airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Todarello Angela    (Australia)

Flight was cancelled from Malaga to Rome literally as we were lined up to board the flight. It was due to the French Air Strike but a little bit more notice would have be appreciated as other airlines had given 24 hours notice. Another flight the next day was offered but we lost our connecting flight from Rome.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by P Lynch    (USA)

Sunday June 15th 2014. Flight VY6004. We had same issue flying out of Florence to Barcelona as person going to England. People kicked off the plane because of 'weight' and 'high winds' We boarded on the tarmac, didn't feel any wind. No luggage when arriving in Barcelona. It took 5 days to get the luggage. Again, no help from Vueling. One person in their 'Baggage Tracking' center said after 2 days that no luggage was coming out of Florence. A complete breakdown of their system. No one could say why. So if you fly this airline, don't check your bag, carry on only. There is a reason they are inexpensive.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Thomas Brown    (UK)

I had to book my family party of 5 onto their flight from Florence to London Gatwick on Sunday last week (29th June 2014) at 3.15pm. They advertise themselves as a low cost airline but the £1800 I spent on tickets for this single way fare seems to suggest otherwise. I tried to check in a week in advance to be organised and found that they only had single seats available nothing together. This was a problem for me as I have 8 and 6 year old children who would not have been happy sitting alone for the flight and even to book these tickets in advance I had to pay another £14 per seat and added this to the luggage which we needed which cost another £50 for just 3 sui cases. I called their customer service team to discuss this issue of which they said they could do nothing about it. I asked them how they could allow family groups to be separated and they told me that was the airlines policy, I should have read the confirmation and terms before booking and I should try and ask people to move seats when I boarded - very helpful. On the day of travel we arrived at the airport early to try and resolve this issue and were offered - by the airport staff running check in not the airline staff - 3 seats together at the very back and 2 seats together at the front with no talk of compensation. A thoroughly unpleasant company, providing a horrendous service with no thought for there customers, never again!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Greg Smith    (South Africa)

My wife and I were booked on flight ODV22U out of Florence Italy to Gatwick London. The flight opened for check in at 12.30 with a departure time of 14.35. By 12.30 the entire flight was waiting to check-in and there were no lanes guiding the passengers, it was a complete mess with people pushing in etc. To aggravate things even more there were only two check in clerks for this entire flight. We managed to get our luggage booked on by 14.00 with a sizeable queue still to go. Needless to say by the time we were due to leave passengers were still being booked in. Due to this inefficiency it lead to our flight losing it's take off position, so we sat on the apron for an hour waiting our turn, with not a peep out of the cockpit. No communication whatsoever, a wonderful demonstration of good customer service. Eventually we left, once we reached the necessary altitude the drinks trolley came out with two air hostesses servicing the entire plane. Sitting in row 23 we did not get any service because we had started the descend by the time these air hostesses got to row 19. A fellow traveller mentioned to us that every time she had used Vueling she had never arrived on time. Never again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by J Marshall    (Australia)

29 June, 2014 flight from Barcelona to Malaga. We had checked in online and arrived in plenty of time to check in our luggage, the lines for baggage drop off were very congested and moving very slowly and with 40 minutes to go it was obvious that we were not going make it. We spoke to a ground staff member as we were concerned about missing the flight and was told by her that we could use any line. After another 10 minutes we spoke to her again and was told then to go to last minute check-in counter 464. By this time the flight had been closed. We then went to the ticket office to arrange a transfer but were told that we had to buy another ticket and it would cost us 248 euro but if we paid cash it would cost us 211 euro. We were upset about this and left to consider our options. We did not know that Vueling had cheaper fares if you paid cash. The person at the ticket office was very indigent and unhelpful stating that the check-in counters open at 4.00am! When we returned to purchase the ticket which was the only way that we could get to Malaga we were told by another person at the check-in that the offer was no longer valid as we only had an hour to accept her offer the ticket. We could not believe the response because under no circumstances were we told this information by the previous check-in person and because we did not go back within the hour we had to pay a much higher fare. We asked to speak to the supervisor but were told that she did not want to speak to us.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by L Macdonald    (Jersey Channel Islands)

We flew from Florence to Gatwick on the 16th June 2014. After waiting two hours, we were told that 20 people would be bumped off the flight, as there was some wind and they thought they wouldn't be able to get over the mountains otherwise! That didn't exactly inspire confidence. We found out from some other passengers that the exact same thing had happened the day before and they had been amongst the 20 people bumped off the plane. So after another hour we (the lucky ones) were boarded and arrived in Gatwick. After waiting for luggage we were told that Vueling had not brought anyone's luggage to Gatwick. Apparently they did the same the day before. I missed my onward connection and had to stay the night at Gatwick, as did many others. I rang Vueling but was told there was no help to contribute towards either the stay in the hotel or the extra flight the following morning. I was without my luggage for five days and the person I was travelling with, still hasn't received theirs. I rang Vueling every day and the staff were unhelpful and uncaring. They couldn't even tell me if our luggage had left Florence yesterday, four days after the flight! Terrible service.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Deborah Chen    (USA)

My partner and I and another couple were traveling from Barcelona to Granada on May 29, 2014. We looked for airline reservations in February and were a little dismayed by the Vueling airline reviews. Since Vueling was the only option we decided to book anyway. Our 2 friends - the other couple also tried to book 2 excellence fares - but only our sale for 2 Excellence fares went through (there are only 4 Excellence seats total) - and then the Excellence fare doubled in price - so our 2 other friends purchased optima fares. Our 5pm flight was on time - no problems checking in baggage - no extra charge although our friends each had a large suitcase. With the Excellence far we used the lounge with snacks and drinks and on board received complimentary food and drinks as well. The seating is arranged with 2 seats an aisle and 2 seats so the other 2 seats for the Excellence fare (at the bulkhead) were empty as double the cost was crazy! Our luggage arrived with the plane - all went smoothly! We would fly Vueling another time!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by C Phillips    (UK)

Returned from Florence to Gatwick yesterday. Flight delayed by 2 hours due to: Adverse weather conditions forcing switch to shorter runway resulting in 20 passengers being identified who had to move to next door boarding desk to be told they would not be flying that night as weight had to be reduced on plane to allow safe take off on the shorter runway. Luggage for those passengers had to be removed before we could fly and those selected included a split in couples and groups of friends, leaving one husband flying but his wife not! We arrived in Gatwick and waited 2 hours in luggage reclaim before having to use passenger power to get information about our luggage. It was only then we were informed by ground staff (not Vueling) that our luggage was never onboard! It appears Vueling outsource luggage logistics to Swissport who have a reputation for being totally inefficient with Customers at Gatwick experiencing 4-5 hours delays in luggage reclaim. All in all an inefficient experience with appalling communication to their customers. I should also mention that on their on-board crew supplying beverages operated in a very slow inefficient way which I have never experienced with any other airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Steven Cao    (China)

Paris Orly-Lisbon on brand new A320-200, ground staff extremely rude and only 3 counters opened for 4 flights checked in, that caused long queues, no counter for on-line check in baggage drop-off. Flight on time, cabin crew friendly.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Edwards    (UK)

We flew with Vueling for the first time recently from Cardiff to Alicante. We were happy with our experience both ways. The flights left and arrived on time, the planes were clean, the crews were pleasant and the seats were a bit bigger than average (eg Thomson, Thomas Cook, Easyjet). We never purchase any food or drink on any flights - we always buy water at the airport and eat either before or after the flight so can't comment on the service or the prices. The only criticism I have is the speed at which the announcements are made both at the airport and on board. The people making them talk so fast that they don't finish one word before saying the next word.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by G Arnold    (UK)

Flew from Florence to Gatwick. 30 minutes before boarding off they announced the flight would be diverted to Bologna because of adverse weather conditions. Looking outside the sun was shining with a gentle breeze on the trees by the runway. Cue almighty scrum to get on a coach. No organisation meant chaos. Arrived at Bologna and they were not expecting us! Finally got on the plane an hour later and sat on the tarmac for 90 minutes whilst they took some baggage off. I was at the back of the plane and they took nothing off! Got a small glass of water from the cabin crew before they sold extortionate food to hungry passengers. Landed five hours late. Seems this is a regular occurrence. Never again. At least Ryanair have learnt they cant treat passengers like this.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Lorraine Cogen    (USA)

Very good experience. We flew from Barcelona to Jerez in April and then from Seville to Milan in May. All flights were on time and smooth. We had no complaints.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by J Dick    (Canada)

Vueling provided the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. After making my booking from Paris to Bilbao through a third party I received communication from Vueling that they had changed my flight to the day before I actually arrived in Europe. When I spoke with an agent my original booking was confirmed. I arrived in Paris only to be told that my original flight did not exist. My only recourse was to book a full fare ticket to my destination. To add insult to injury, they will not deal with customer complaints by phone only online. But they don't actually respond to your complaints. I would never recommend this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by A Maynard    (UK)

On time departure for a very short flight from San Sebastian to Barcelona. Clean aircraft and friendly onboard crew. However, after parking at Barcelona, it was a 15 minute wait for steps. Baggage wait 50 minutes- which was longer than the flight. Missed ground connection as a result. Flight good - but ground handling at BCN abysmal.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Colleen Chellis    (USA)

We had a very comfortable flight from Marseilles to Rome via Barcelona. The flight from MRS-BCN pulling into the same terminal we needed to be 90 minutes later to fly to Rome. That took away a great deal of stress trying to find our way around a foreign airport. The flights were good, the staff excellent and should I ever have the opportunity to fly Vueling again I will jump at the chance.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by K Jacek    (Poland)

I have never seen so many seats crammed into an A320. Basically, there is no leg room - I'm over 180 cm and if it wasn't for the empty seat next to me, I just don't know how I would make the flight. It was the most uncomfortable airline experience in my whole life. Also, I understand that it's a cheap airline ("cheapskate" would be more fitting), but you have to pay even for the drinking water. All in all, a horrible experience. Never again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  26 April 2014 by C Rocha    (Portugal)

LIS-BCN return. Both flights departed with less than a 10minutes delay and arrived more or less on time. The leg LIS-BCN in a plane that have the magazine holder at the top so we have a reasonable leg room. The return flight on a plane with the old style of seating and less comfort. Both planes from the airbus 320-318 family. Flight personnel strict on security manners and very efficient on embarking the passengers, I think that they managed to do the job in less than 20 minutes on both legs. A low cost company with no hidden extras, who at that least don't make you pay for the boarding card if you don't manage to print it.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by G Watson    (UK)

Never again. 4 flights in four days and all delayed. One 2 hour delay caused a further 5 hour delay due to a missed connection. Customer service dreadful. They charge callers 77p a minute and cut you off after 4 minutes asking you to call back. This happened repeatedly. Owned by Iberia - enough said?

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R Johnson    (UK)

EDI-BCN-IBZ return. Outgoing flight was delayed by an hour, which left less than an hour for my connection. They did not give me my onward ticket and had to check in again at BCN, despite booking it as a single travel. They tried to take my hand luggage to the hold, since there was no room for it on a half empty flight (be warned, there are issues with bags and lack of space on every flight). I'd like to add that the customer who did have to place their luggage in the hold, did not get it back for their entire trip. Extremely poor leg room. Very over priced snacks, even for an airline. Complaints department do not respond. Do not fly with Vueling!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Ralf Möller    (Germany)

Complete mess. Plane took off almost one hour late from Barcelona without any reasons given. Pilot obviously did not try to recover lost time during the flight, plane arrived an hour late, which was really bad given the late hour - trains were all gone. Staff very unfriendly to passengers during boarding procedure. No apology whatsoever on arrival. No service people available to document delay. Phone hotline not reachable. Flight quality also bad. I fly a lot, and seldom had I less room for my legs. Some airlines charge you for food on board, Vueling even charges for drinks.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Spearman    (UK)

We have just returned from a short holiday to Florence. We flew LHR-FLR and returned FLT-LHR. (This route is switching to LGW on 31-03-14). Airbus A319. We booked the Optima fare as we knew we would not want to be restricted to cabin luggage and this also enabled us to select our seats towards the front of the aircraft when booking. Firstly I was impressed with the prompt embarkation of the flight at Heathrow. No last minute rush and no scrum! Secondly, I am 6 ft and was very pleased with the amount of leg room. On our return flight we were in a different row but there was still adequate leg room. I actually tried comparing it to leg room in economy on Transatlantic flights we have taken and decided it was no less. The flight crew were friendly, efficient and presentable. The flight deck also kept us fully informed particularly when we hit a nasty bit of turbulence over mountains. There was a glitch on our return flight but it was not the airline's fault. The luggage loading equipment failed and back up had to be called. This resulted in take off being about 30-40 minutes late. Once again we were kept informed of the situation. The Captain was visible and clearly doing all he could to get the issue resolved. To the airline's credit we landed at LHR only 5 minutes behind schedule so time must have been made up by the Captain. Overall then, for a budget airline I was impressed and would not hesitate to book Vueling again if the schedule and prices were right.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by A Powers    (Canada)

We travelled Madrid-Barcelona at the beginning of March. Due to computer inability to check-in on-line (it seems I may not have been able to anyway as I am not an EU citizen) and some transportation issues, we arrived 2 minutes after 'check-in' time. We did not have luggage to check-in. We were treated rather rudely. We were refused check-in. When I tried to re-book, we were informed that we had to pay for another flight (at a significantly higher price). I may have mis-understood the airline info (but there is so much of it) and had understood that if we missed our flight we could re-book with a penalty fee. Apparently, this only works if you check in. Well, if one misses their flight, they likely haven't had a chance to check-in. What is the point of all this check-in etc on domestic flights. I bought a ticket of course, I want to use it. This isn't a cheap or efficient airline. My recommendation take the train!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by J Jong    (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Malaga. Pretty new Airbus A320. Seat pitch extremely small - made 2 hours very uncomfortable. Luggage policy is forcing passengers to take as much as possible hand luggage - this is making boarding of the plane very chaotic as there is no sufficient space for all suitcases. Service on the board fair. Because of the small seat pitch I would not recommend using this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by A Maier    (Canada)

I had a generally positive experience from FLR to LHR. The flight itself was comfortable, the seat pitch not as bad as I feared as they put the magazine holder at the top above your knee level. The staff were friendly, flight smooth, airplane clean. Low-frills service with everything at cost, even drinks. My only real complaint is if you book your flight via codeshare, there is very little if anything you can to your booking on Vueling website. My flight was booked via BA with Iberia flight number, operated by Vueling, which prevented me from doing anything like seat requests. Also, without an EU passport I could not do online check-in either which I had not experienced before.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by A Davidson    (Canada)

Flight 3001 - Las Palmas (LPA) to Barcelona (BCN) on Feb 16th 2014: Overhead bins directly above seats in rows 2 and 3 not available for those of us seated in these seats but reserved for guests seated in row 1 - regardless of whether or not there is anyone seated in that row. The very first overhead bin is obviously reserved for crew luggage which apparently takes precedence over paying passengers carry on luggage. Seats in 2a and 2c as well as in 3 f occupied by Vueling employees traveling from LPA back to BCN - along with the dog accompanying the two seated directly in front of us in row 2. Following take off, all 3 of the above mentioned "passengers" disappeared behind the closed curtain into the forward galley area where they remained throughout the flight up to the landing announcement being made. The above mentioned dog did not remain under the seat where it should have been, but had also disappeared into the forward galley area. There was absolutely no sign of a flight attendant following take- off from Las Palmas until nearly 2 hours into the flight. At this point, we finally managed to get some service from the two young female attendants who were positioned at the rear of the aircraft who were not part of the "party" up front. There was no coffee, tea or soft drinks being served to those of us in the forward portion of the cabin. Iberia was bad enough but this airline is even worse and we would not recommend them to anyone if they can at all avoid flying with Vueling. Our mistake was taking a chance on Iberia's subsidiary in order to give Iberia another chance. We now know we made a poor choice.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by A Davidson    (Canada)

Flight 3000 - Barcelona (BCN) to Las Palmas (LPA) taken on Jan 31st 2014. In general, we were more than satisfied with the flight itself which actually left the "gate" (a spot where the plane was parked on the tarmac) a few minutes ahead of schedule. On boarding the aircraft, we proceeded to store out luggage in the overhead bin above our seats in row 3 only to be promptly told this bin was for "Excellence" guests (ie: those sitting in row 1 of the aircraft) and that we would have to move our carry on back to the next bin. Funny thing was, no one sat in row 1 on this flight so the whole exercise was a bit stupid. The aircraft itself was in the Iberia livery as Vueling appears to be a subsidiary of Iberia. An older Airbus 319, it was obviously in need of a bit of tender loving care. The seats we were seated in sagged almost to the floor which provided for a rather uncomfortable four hour ride to say the least. Furthermore, the aircraft had not been groomed prior to our boarding and as a result, we found used tissues stuffed in with the flight safety card and magazines. Not a great start. The on-board service was no more than satisfactory to say the least and we will leave it at that. For our comments on the return flight from Las Palmas (LPA) to Barcelona (BCN) on February 16th, you can refer to the separate entry.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Congalides    (Greece)

Flight on 2/2 Barcelona to Athens. Whilst everything was in order, the flight itself was exceptionally rough, lots of turbulence. Despite all this, no announcement was made by the captain to calm certain passengers. This is normal in bad weather conditions the soothing voice of the captain, likewise, when approaching destination, details are given on ground temp etc. On this flight nothing was mentioned, we just landed and I must admit that the landing despite bad weather conditions was absolutely professional. In fact since take off until landing, pilots failed to give us any single announcement. Last but not least, they separated me from my partner at seat allocation.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Garcia    (Australia)

BCN-PMI. Easy and fast check-in by using the kiosk. Flight departed 30 minutes late due to technical problems, designated plane have to be replaced. Last minute gate change. Service and seats were good.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by N Simonis    (Greece)

Check in was fast, attendants seemed to be excellent. As you know you have to pay for a coffee. I booked this flight BCN-ATH 3 months ago, and at check in no two seats next to each other were available hence my wife in row 18 and myself in row 26. This was the first time an airline separates passengers. I know I could have bought seats, but I hate these airline tricks. On the positive side, landing was excellent. This airline is not my choice only because of the above seat assignments.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C Isaac    (UK)

VY1240, 17/10/13 and returned VY1241, 30/11/13. I have flown with Vueling three times in the past year. They are the best airline I have used from Cardiff to Spain, and am thankful that they not only stepped in to fill the void after bmi baby pulled out, but improved the standards at the same time. Please keep flying from Cardiff.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by G Scherer   (USA)

We traveled to Europe from the US in October 2013 and for a couple of our flights within Europe I decided to try Vueling, with their lower prices and seemingly decent reputation. The first flight from Amsterdam to Barcelona was canceled and we never received notice that it was to be cancelled, until arriving at the airport. Another flight was not available, and they did absolutely nothing to provide any support or help. A long line of angry and displeased customers got the same "we can't help you" position after 45-60 minutes in line. Then, we had already booked another flight with them, from Barcelona to Naples, a week later. I checked in advance and it was on schedule before we left to the airport. We arrived at the airport and sat waiting. The intercom announcement to go to the gate was heard by us and other passengers about 4 minutes before the departure time, now maybe 30 minutes late. A long line of passengers stood in line until past the departure time only to learn from one of the passengers who called Vueling that the flight had been cancelled. They actually called the passengers to the gate and then left them there, without telling them the flight was cancelled or anything, nothing, no word. This is one of the most ridiculous airline experiences I've ever had. Then, the airline could not help us get out of Barcelona to Naples for another few days, no offer of a refund or anything. One of the clerks for the airline even had the audacity to tell me that I shouldn't expect more as it is a discount airline. I will never fly this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by U Federico    (France)

FCO-ORY. Excellence Class - I purchased the ticket 2 hours before departure - Internet procedure was quick and efficient, dedicated check in counter at FCO airport. The Business lounge is old style, but there's everything you need, from WiFi to catering. Excellence seats guarantee you an empty seat next to you for working, dedicated carry on space, so zero stress. Carpet old and worn out, but no major problem. Staff very friendly, asked me several times throughout the flight if I'd enjoy anything from the catering tray (for free since I was in Excellence). Plane landed 20 mins early - all this for 200 euros. Will definitely fly with them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

BCN-DUS on 7 December. A320 direct flight was fine. Online check-in worked perfect and the bag drop took a minute from when I got to the counter. Seats are tight - and I always have knee-room in coach. Luckily the flight was 40% full so had a full row of 3 seats to myself. If the flight was packed or was longer than 2 hours it ould be pretty bad. Flight Attendants were great - super friendly. Bought a sandwich and drink and was decent tasting and quantity. Arrived on time and bags were out fast. I'd recommend Vueling for 2 hour flights or less - you get what you pay for and the flight was only Euro 60 including checked bag and assigned seat.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

My flight MUC to BCN made me realise how low-cost carriers should not be managed. I accept that no free drinks are served and I understand that space is very limited because as many passenger as possible need to be squeezed into the A320. It was somewhat unpleasant that staff was so rushed without time for friendliness. Really annoying however was the two hour delay on a Friday night, due to the fact that the plane arrived late, presumably due to the fact that the Vuelings schedule is too tight.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Craig Anderson    (New Zealand)

Flew Venice to Barcelona - 29/11/2013. Flight was shambolic and a disgrace. The cabin smelt of stale body odour, passengers were incorrectly seated and staff seem at best disinterested. Seats and leg room unacceptable and whilst being told hand luggage ok for flight was charged EUR35 when boarding despite bag fitting into weight and size indicator. Would never fly this airline again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by R Artes    (Netherlands)

Good service, great attendants from Brussels to Barcelona. But legroom is terrible, if you are taller than 180 cm then fly with another airline. 2 hours sitting bolt upright is not much fun.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by T Ortega    (USA)

I would caution you of flying Vueling (now merged with Iberia). They overbook by 20+% and they don't tell you this when you have purchased and confirmed your ticket. You need to obtain a seat at lease 3-4 days prior, even the same day of booking, try to obtain a seat. If not you are put on a standby list and typically have to fly on the next flight available. We are now in Seville, Spain and our flight we had tickets for the 9.25am flight, now we are on the 3.10pm flight because we couldn't get seats 24 hours prior online!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Lawrence Braun    (Israel)

I am 5 ft 10 and have never been so uncomfortable on a flight before. There is no leg room and my legs were pushed into the seat in front of me. Also I have knee problems and am on crutches, it is hard for me to stand. Long check in line. No one from Vueling even noticed that I was on crutches and offered to have me come to the front of the line as I stood in pain. Unfortunately, I have another flight on Vueling from Barcelona to Tel Aviv on Monday November 11th. It will be my last flight with them.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by D Wynne    (UK)

I arrived at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday for a flight to Barcelona only to be told by email that same day that my flight had been cancelled. I had to arrange at very short notice another flight. I think it was terrible for the cancellation to be at such short notice.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Rainer    (Germany)

Booked flights from Stuttgart to Barcelona and back for me and my wife as the schedule was perfect for our trip, the price was equivalent to LH or Germanwings. Check-in service in STR was quick and friendly (although they did not announce the delay of 35 mins as the incoming aircraft was late). The pain started when I tried to get into my seat, I'm about 192cm and the legroom was so small that I could not find a comfortable position. Vuelings says they have a seat spacing of 31", but I I think it's something around 28" or they use old seats with thicker backrests so the space gets lost. Never had this problem on LH with the same 31". The flight crew on both flights was quite unfriendly, the announcements in Spanish and English were not understandable, a major issue for safety reasons. Ground service in BCN was bad, waiting time for luggage was 50 minutes, and the baggage check-in for the flight back took nearly an hour as Vueling had 13 open counters for app. 40 flights within two hours, each with 150+ passengers, even the last minute counter was overcrowded. Best thing was that they closed 4 counters in between for a break - unbelievable! Another major point in Vueling's cabin luggage checks, nobody cares about size and weight of the luggage, and the bins are already full when just the half of the passengers has boarded. So passengers need to stow their luggage into the non-existent legroom, another security issue if an emergency evacuation might be needed. Conclusion: this was my first and last trip with Vueling, you'll get much better service and professional handling for exactly the same price at other carriers with better ratings.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Hen Broon    (UK)

Travelled from SVQ to BIO. The flight schedule was on time, the staff service was acceptable. The leg room on this aircraft, however, was ridiculous. I am not tall (5ft 9in) yet my knees were squeezed right up against the seat in front. I pity anyone 5ft 10in or taller on these flights. Clearly, Vueling are trying to squeeze in more and more passengers on the flight - understandable, but I have never been so uncomfortable on a flight. For the reason of leg room alone, I will not choose to fly with Vueling again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Willy Verwoerd    (Norway)

After several pleasant flights with Vueling providing fair value I have now left them. The reason for this is their new luggage policy since last time: Be aware that Vueling now has a total luggage allowance of 23 kg per passenger. No, not per suitcase, per passenger. No matter how many cases you bring you'll have to pay for excess luggage if your total is more than 23 kg. As an example I was on the point of booking a flight from Prague to Alicante (which goes via Barcelona) when fortunately I discovered this in time. I was going to bring two cases at 20 kg each. This would have cost me 60 euros for the two cases plus 17 kilos of excess luggage at 12 euros per kilo, giving a total of 264 euros! As many here will know, Ryanair tried a similar scheme some years ago and abandoned it after massive customer dissatisfaction. It is very hard to understand exactly in which way Vueling feels it is a good business idea to repeat the mistakes of other airlines.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by B Jacobsen    (Norway)

Took a flight from Oslo to Barcelona to Menorca. I am 6'5" (196cm) and I could not fit into the seats at all (worst leg room I have ever experienced). No food or beverages or entertainment. Flight staff was nice and helpful. The biggest problem is that the Customer Service. My luggage was delayed for 2.5 days so I had to buy some new clothes and bathroom essentials. When I have enquired both by email and phone regarding this situation, I receive no response at all. They do not even bother to answer my questions at all. I will never use Vueling again as they appear to have very little regard for their clients.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Abdel Rodriguez    (Canada)

BCN-LPA and LPA-BCN a week after. Seats very uncomfortable, little leg room. Flight crew rude and not very accommodating. We have never experienced such an unfriendly crew. In general I believe that when someone decides to become a flight attendant, there are 3 very important things they need to be. 1) Affable, friendly, accommodating. 2) Able to speak fluently in at least 2 languages. 3) Be able to orchestrate passengers through an emergency and succeed. Number 1 and 2 were failures for this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by O Connor    (USA)

This was my first flight on Vueling. Wonderful flight and Service. I traveled from Paris to Rome October 3, 2013. The flight was on time, comfortable and very reasonable. Will travel with Vueling again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Donald McKelvie    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Paris to Barcelona and Barcelona to Rome recently and I too was very concerned having read some of the comments made, however each of our flights were great. On time and I think in both cases we arrived early at our destination. Check in was no problem.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by H Melikian    (USA)

My husband is a professional saxophonist and we travel all over the US and abroad for his performances. He always carries his horn on board with him. He counts that as his carrying item and it stows just fine in the overhead compartment. Today we took a Vueling flight from Paris to Barcelona, and we're told he couldn't bring it on board as a carry on, and that he would have to either check it, or purchase a seat for it and keep it on the seat. We had no choice other than buy the horn a ticket at premium rate (255 Euros), which was about twice what the combined cost of both of our tickets. We were furious, particularly when we boarded and saw it was a typical Airbus 320 with loads if overhead storage. We will never fly with them again, and will certainly check in the future whether other airlines are instilling similar policies.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Robin Palmes    (Spain)

We had a very good flight with Vueling from Menorca via Barcelona to Vienna. But the return, we arrived at Vienna airport nearly 2 hours before take off to be directed to some remote terminal to check in as the online check in was not functioning. We queued for 40 mins, only to be told by a terse official our cabin bags were going in the hold, despite me protesting I needed medicines in my bag. I asked why we could not take them in the cabin as normal and she said the plane was too full. So we had a tense flight wondering if we would see our personal bags again! Flown millions of miles and never had this happen before. Problem I guess is Vueling had the seats so close together, there were more seats than overhead locker spaces, but this is cheating the public!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Glen Walker    (New Zealand)

I booked this Barcelona - Dubrovnik flight several months ago from New Zealand. I too had read many terrible reviews and I was really worried about this leg of a once In a lifetime trip for my wife and me. Well I needn't have worried because the day was flawless and their online service leading up to the day was also exemplary. Barcelona Airport and Vueling check-in was smooth, the boarding, flight and luggage were spot on. Could not fault the airline. I'm tall so I paid a little extra for legroom. Brilliant.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

VUELING AIRLINES customer reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Opinions about Vueling Airlines standards