Vueling Airlines Customer Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  24 July 2013 by Maureen Boyce    (Australia)

Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela was cancelled 45 min before it was due to fly on 30 June 2013. At no time was there any sign of assistance from Vueling staff. Stood in line for over 60 mins after seeing our flight had been cancelled on the board only to be told to go to another desk where we again queued for 90 min only to again be told we were at the wrong desk. We protested loudly and only then were we given the paperwork to take to a hotel in Barcelona. We were woken at 3.30am to get on the 6am flight however on arrival to Santiago de Compostela our luggage was missing.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by P James    (UK)

Our flight from Bilbao to Barcelona was delayed and then cancelled. We were standing around for hours not knowing what to do and hearing different stories, eg no more flights to Barcelona that day etc. No one working for Vueling came up to us to tell us what to do so we had to split up and queue up for the Vueling information desk and also Vueling check in queue in case we could get another ticket. They are the cons but pros are that they were very accommodating for us all who were stranded and we stayed at a 4 star hotel in Bilbao that night followed by a new flight the next morning!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Marc Lucas    (UK)

Cardiff to Malaga and back to Cardiff, 11/7. For a budget airline - that's what it is, no more, no less! It was actually very good. Check in opens 2 hours before, there is no point going earlier as you will just be waiting in a queue with the desk not open. Seat pitch is ok, its a short enough flight and you can get comfortable enough. The seat does actually recline but the person behind may not thank you. Very pleasant crew - food and drinks to be bought reasonably priced. Both flights on time and AGP-CWL in only 2.10 hrs is brilliant. Nice bright cabin.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by C Mckinley    (Australia)

Flight from Barcelona to Rome delayed 5 hours then cancelled without notice. Queue to get service was 3 hours long. I eventually gave up and caught the ferry. No comments from Vueling when I complained. Would never fly with them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Steve Pollard    (UK)

We queued for over 90 minutes in chaotic conditions: desks 8 and 10 were for LHR and desk 9 was for Berlin. The same queue was used for both destinations. Despite arriving two hours before our flight, we checked in 3 minutes before departure. Needless to say, both flights were badly delayed.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by J Wallace    (USA)

Flew from Barcelona to Alicante round trip. Everything was fine from Barcelona to Alicante, however, on the return flight I was told that my carry on bag was 10.5 kilos. The checked bag can only be 10 kilos. I was then told that the bag was to large and would not fit in the overhead binds. The bag fit fine on the first flight. When I purchased this carry on bag it said it was approved for cabin carry on. I was told that I would have to pay 35 Euros and have the bag checked. Very rude check in staff. Next time I will take a train and bus to Alicante.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by G O'Neill    (UK)

Recently flew from Cardiff to Malaga with Vueling. I was a little apprehensive due to some of the reviews I have seen but I have to say it was a really good experience. The flight was the best price of all the low cost airlines and included 23 kgs hold luggage. The staff were great and the whole process from start to end was very positive. I would definitely recommend them and just wish they flew to more locations from my part of the country.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2013 by P Becker    (Sweden)

3rd June with return 13 of June, Stockholm-Barcelona-Stockholm. The seat comfort is so poor that a tall man as I, doesn't have enough space for the legs. It's really terrible to fly a couple of hours with Vueling. Some of the staff are also unfriendly, but mostly they are helpful and nice.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by C McKim    (Australia)

Flying from Barcelona to Rome 12th June, our plane was delayed for 6 hours, despite reassurances was then cancelled without announcement. Just told to pick up our luggage and queue for another 2 to 3 hours for service. Gave up and caught the overnight ferry. Will never fly with them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2013 by B Dejan    (Croatia)

Zagreb Croatia to Barcelona Spain. Waited for the plane from Barcelona for a whole day at the airport, they just kept delaying the plane, which at one point flew from Barcelona just to be downed because of the malfunction on the plane. Plane came with 12hrs delay, without any explanation and information from Vueling except info on the webpage. In the end, we tried to change the tickets to another day, but we had to pay full price!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Igor Nus    (Israel)

Flight Barcelona to Tel Aviv. Good service in the airport. Pre-flight phone service was bad, couldn't check-in the luggage, calls were disconnected by operators while asking for personal details for further communication. On- board service was minimal and unfriendly. Seats are to small event for 1.70m high person. No water was offered on board. Very negative experience.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Bruce Jurgens    (USA)

During check in on a flight from Madrid to Barcelona, our carry on luggage was checked in without measurement or weight checks. The cost was 35 Euro per bag, while our tickets showed the price to be 25 Euro. On purchasing the tickets, all the "free" seats were taken and we were required to pay and additional 4 Euro per seat. Once on the Airbus 320-200 empty seats were available throughout the entire cabin. Why this airlines is rated anything other than 1 star is bewildering.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2013 by H Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

Flight from BCN to DTM was on time, Check-in machine at the airport in Barcelona saves a lot of time, legroom could be a lot better, my seat was non-reclinable.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2013 by H Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

Flight was from DTM to BCN, good flight and friendly service but legroom could be better.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by J Blanca    (UK)

Paid to pre assign a seat upfront (3C) so I can get out first, only to get on board and not be able to have my hand baggage above me due to the storage above rows 1, 2 and 3 being reserved for their so called 'Excellence' 1st row seat passengers. The cabin crew insisted that I have to place in the nearest available space (over row 10) even though the space directly above me was empty! Ridiculous as it meant I had to either fight my way to row 10 once the seat belt sign came off after landing or wait until passengers disembarked, then get my bag, totally defeated the object!

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Peter Calum    (Denmark)

CPH-FLR-CPH. April 2013, Flight (A319) was on time both ways, not so many people, so was placed in good seats, crew and service OK. Aircraft clean. Good value for money.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Palle Nilsson    (Sweden)

How is it possible that you have to pay extra for getting a seat? If you choose to buy a ticket with no seat- reservation, you still would expect to get a seat and to be able to fly with the flight you booked. But not at Vueling. The "free" seats were sold out, so we had to pay for seats and getting on board on check-in even though we had a ticket! This is an outrage and not a serious airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  19 April 2013 by J Rodwell    (UK)

Flight was more than half an hour late, with no explanation. The cabin crew were reading magazines for most of the flight and brought out the refreshment trolley just 20 minutes before landing. As a result only a quarter of the passengers got served, the rest went two hours without refreshment of any kind. We complained and the stewardess appeared not to understand English. Flying Vueling was not an experience we want to repeat.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Alan Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-FLR-CPH. April 2013. Vueling has recently (Dec 2012) introduced direct flights between Florence and Copenhagen. I had expected an Airbus 320, as they have a large fleet of that type, however the aircraft used was an A319. The craft was fairly new, with Recaro slim-line seats – very comfortable. Although the flights were very good: on time/early, with very light loads, a lot of Spanish was used for announcements despite not flying a Spanish route, and some very irritating music played during takeoff and landing – however, overall one of the best low cost airlines.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by A Cosham    (Netherlands)

VLC-AMS. Flight was on time, staff were friendly and efficient, cabin was bright, clean, well presented. The seat was better than expected with the pocket for magazines higher up behind the tray table giving a couple of cm extra legroom making it perfectly acceptable for a flight of a couple of hours. A comfort level comparable or better than Transavia and Easyjet. For the price paid an excellent flight and I would not hesitate to use them again.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2013 by T Charles    (UK)

LPA-BCN, Feb 2013. Vueling operate most of the former Iberia domestic routes from Barcelona, including Balearics and Canary Islands, the fleet is all Airbus320's from Barcelona's (newer) Terminal 1 which is pleasant and well designed. The seat pitch on board is minimal and very cramped, I would say even more so than Ryanair or EasyJet. Their 'Excellence' premium fare with seating in Row 1 is a complete waste of time and money, because the leg room is even more restricted owing to the bulk-head at the front so you cannot stretch your legs anywhere. Cabin staff are usually young and well presented, all are Catalan/Spanish and speak English, but the poor legroom makes even a short flight uncomfortable (and I am average height) so I cannot recommend this airline.

Vueling Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Ian Jones    (Spain)

I travelled economy BCN - Malaga - BCN with extra legroom as I knew the pitch was very narrow. Boarding was slow both ways and very disorganised on the way back. I had paid for extra legroom but it was taken away from me on the way back as they changed the aircraft. However, the airline did refund the extra I paid for both ways. When you pay extra legroom, you get what would be considered a normal pitch on other short- haul flights. Normal seats on Vueling have an extremely narrow pitch. I must say it was my worst trip on a plane in a while. The only positive point is that the cabin crew were friendly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Opinions about Vueling Airlines standards