Virgin Australia Passenger Reviews and Virgin Australia Customer Trip Reports

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Colleen Wilson    (Australia)

Flew Brisbane to LA 8/10/14. The food was inedible. The cabin crew were okay. The flight back from LA was much better. The food was edible and the cabin crew were professional and helpful. I'd definitely fly Virgin again if the price was right, on the proviso that the flight back was better than our flight out this time. If it's as second rate, I'd rethink.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 November 2014 by M Hay    (France)

SYD-PER return. I bid $400 for an upgrade in each direction and got both - obviously I paid a bit much - but considering the flights were retailing for $2399 one way I still felt I was getting a bit of a bargain. Sydney airport premium entry is excellent - pull up at the kerb and walk straight into premium check in and premium security screening - so easy, and then straight to the lounge. The A330 cabin is a very pleasant, comfortable place to spend 4 hours - the seat recline is excellent and would be fine for sleeping, although I didn't actually sleep on this short hop. Champagne (Ayala) /beverage selection was excellent and the food was pretty good - I got my first choice each time - the starters were a bit lacklustre (some sort of tuna on chickpeas - virtually tasteless), but the mains were pretty good (lamb cutlets - slightly overcooked but delicious). Service was attentive and friendly - just spot on - these guys definitely know what they're doing and no request was too much. I only just started flying virgin recently and as you can see I've been very impressed - they represent a worthy and competitive alternative to Qantas in every aspect of the experience and I have no hesitation strongly recommending them.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 November 2014 by P Swinburne    (USA)

In a word, appalling. LAX to SYD - we turned back after three hours because the toilets were overflowing into the cabin. Whilst walking around the cabin (in my socks) I inadvertently walked through the 'wet patch' as there was no warning notice or cover put down on the cabin floor. On return to LAX complete chaos as only two ground staff attempted to deal with 300 passengers who needed hotel rooms, advice etc - it took hours. The next day was a triumph of disorganization as Virgin Australia staff gave us either misinformation, disinformation, no information or downright lies about our ongoing flight situation. When we turned back we were informed that it was "for the safety and security go passengers" - later it was announced that it was for "the comfort of the passengers and at no time was the safety of the passengers compromised". We missed an important day at an expensive conference because of this. I understand that maintenance issues arise from time to time - my complaint is with the VA staff and the way the situation was handled. As for compensation: a robotic "Guest Relations Co-ordinator" offered us Velocity points that added insult to injury. I should have listened to more experienced fliers and used Qantas.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 November 2014 by G Williams    (Australia)

Flew Business Class from Sydney to LAX and had a very good flight. The FA's in business were very good and I found the seats and bed comfortable. Food was fine but the entertainment system was poor. Will be much better next year with the new seats. Overall probably as good as Qantas minus the A380.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Joanne Bartley    (Australia)

I returned to Brisbane, Australia from America on Virgin Australia VA8 on 7th November 2014, travelling with 2 other friends. We arrived at the airport 4 hours before the flight and immediately booked in together. We did not check our tickets until we had been through customs, presuming we would all be seated together. We realised that none of us were seated together and I was seated in another zone. All I could do was let the flight attendant know at the boarding station. She said to let the flight attendant in my section know. I informed her and she basically said the plane was full and there was really nothing she could do. Later she came up and asked where my friends were and I told her, and she basically said the plane was full and that was that. To top it off, I asked for a vodka and orange and she gave me a very strong tasting drink. She later came and informed me that she had given me gin by mistake and replaced the drink. I was unwell for most of the trip. Not sure whether it was the drink or the food, but I felt very uncomfortable for the remainder of the journey.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  6 November 2014 by G Bemrose    (Australia)

Sydney - Perth. A330 morning service. Near new aircraft. Business class via "Click to bid" upgrade. Cabin half full and able to move seats. Service faultless and friendly. Nothing too much trouble. Was hoping for the lunch service - but we got breakfast which I thought was quite late in the morning for - close to 11am. Only disappointment was the entertainment system. Although the screen is larger than economy, the range and choices was very limited. I think the Qantas economy entertainment is much better.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  6 November 2014 by S Jones    (Australia)

Flew Virgin Australia AKL-MEL-AKL after a hiatus of about four or five years following some bad experiences with them. What I can say is that the flight was perfectly fine, for a low cost airline, although VA now position themselves at similar costs to full service airlines. The good - the crew on both flights (NZ based crew) were lovely and came through the cabin regularly to offer water. Complimentary tea and coffee was a nicer touch than what they used to offer (nothing for free). Straight to a check in counter at AKL this morning and the lady there was lovely. Both flights left on time and the flight crew gave us clear and helpful updates. Exit row seat purchased at a very reasonable price, so happy to have the legroom. The bad - huge queue to check in at MEL due to 3 flights departing at similar times. I was travelling with cabin baggage only, but since there was no online check in I was in a queue for close to an hour. I booked the light fare and thought I would like to add baggage. Couldn't be done unless I paid $120 at the airport or booked an entirely new flight. With a 7kg allowance I was fine for a quick trip, but the laptop and other things I would have liked to take stayed at home. Some flexibility is desirable. They didn't have the gate number on any of the screens at AKL on departure, despite the flight boarding. Advised the ground crew and he didn't care much for my advice. The inflight menu is poor quite frankly. I always eat on planes and am not afraid to hit the user pays menu. I took my own lunch from the airport on the way back to AKL. Just not appealing. All in all, I got a cheap flight but for someone marketing themselves as being above a budget airline VA won't be getting me onboard again soon.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  3 November 2014 by C Dave    (Australia)

Flew fully flex economy fare that was very poor value for money. Aircraft SYD-BNE very tired old Virgin Blue coloured 737, toilets filthy bins overflowing. Flight left 25 min late despite boarding on time! 2 passengers arrived 10 min after departure. A lot of flight crew for other VA flights onboard. Flight late to leave and late to destination. Stairs used to unload instead of aerobridge. Entertainment, non-existent unless to wi-fi. Snack that came with fare made QF's legendary stinginess look actually good. Drinks limited despite what was in the menu, not cold. Cabin crew more interested in appearance and seemed bothered by passengers actually asking for things, often ignored call attendant buttons. My second leg just as forgettable, if not worse. IMO VA still very much a no frills airline albeit more pricy than before that has flashy advertising. I wil l be certainly avoiding them in the future for cheaper options where I get what I pay for!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Fraser Steve    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled on the direct flight from Phuket to Perth on 29 October with Virgin flight VA192 and we have travelled with Virgin before and had no problems. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before departure and were waiting in the departure lounge when we found out that the flight had been delayed because of weather in Perth. Apparently the Captain had decided that there may be a chance of fog and that waiting two hours was the better option. We ended up boarding about 1am in the morning onto a 737-800. It had a little pretend business class up the front which I think had about seating for 12. The business class seats looked very poor for business, but my seat of torture was further down the aisle. A wing exit seat, no entertainment, no recline on the seat, and how skinny can they make a seat? We were extremely lucky to have the pleasure of the stewardess tell us of our responsibilities of sitting in an exit seat, and yes I know this is a requirement of sitting here, but the attitude of the stewardess was appalling. Not friendly and helpful, but bossy, bordering on rude, she appeared to enjoy listening to herself assert her authority. Once we took off it was the usual farce of roping off the business class section and restricting the rest of the entire passenger list to 2 toilets at the rear of the plane. As we approached Perth the flight attendants came down the aisle with the rubbish bags and proceeded to tell everyone to clean up any rubbish under our seat, and any from the back of the seats. The complete disregard for customer comfort, connecting flights and delays was breathtaking. It goes without saying (like many other passengers) I will never fly with this dreadful airline again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by D Waldron    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney to Denpasar with Virgin and will never fly with them again. Reason plane was a 737 800 seats extremely uncomfortable no leg room for entertainment we had to watch movies on our phones. This plane is good for 3 hour trips not 6 hour trips.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Vagg    (Australia)

I was travelling from Nadi to Brisbane on Friday 24th October 2014, flight VA176, in one of their premium economy seats. Not only was this flight delayed 2 hours - the message Virgin sent did not specify the delay time - but the premium economy seats on the B737-800 were actually economy seats with a drop down table in the centre seat. What a difference to flight VA175 5 days earlier where the seats were proper premium economy seats with a delineation between this section and the economy section, slightly more leg room, and the crew were much better organised. Why use these old planes with inferior seating when one is paying quite a premium for the supposed premium economy seat. This is certainly not satisfactory. In addition something has to be done about the toilet situation as there was a constant queue of people during the entire flight for the toilet situated in the front of the aircraft. Obviously this needs addressing. The crew on VA176 were frazzled and the service not up to the usual Virgin standard. It is not the passenger's problem that the flight is delayed and I think all passengers were well behaved despite the long delay. Virgin are doing themselves a disservice by using these old planes and I for one will not use them again for this leg. I realise these flights originate in New Zealand so perhaps scheduling needs to be addressed due to the curfew in Wellington.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Marley Stephen    (Australia)

Sydney - Perth in Business class. Booked on the A330 service which Virgin has been advertising only to be told of a plane change to a 737. The service and experience cannot be described as business class. You have to hang your own jacket behind the seat. The seat only has limited recline and no foot rest. The front seat reclines right into your space so you can barely get the table out. There is only limited galaxy tablets available so I missed out. No seat power to charge your phone. There was no choice of meal as not enough where loaded and did not receive main meal until 2 and half hours into the trip. There was only one cabin crew to serve and was nowhere to be seen for most of the flight. No tea or coffee service. After paying a full business class fare I would have been better off in economy as effectively it was economy service with a little extra leg room. This is not a business class product.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

Melbourne to Canberra. Flight delayed in Melbourne because of weather. We were kept informed about the delay. Cabin crew were friendly and managed to provide a light snack on this short flight. Both Cabin and toilet were clean. Helpful check in staff who gave me the seat I wanted. No problems with a slightly overweight bag (problem coming from International Business to Domestic Economy as far as weight is concerned). Flight slightly late in landing (because of late departure but this was beyond the control of the Airline).

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Paul Creamer    (UK)

We travelled business class from Perth to Brisbane and return. The outward trip was very good but the return trip was premium economy and not business for which we had paid. The seat in front came back into your space your own seat would only go back a few inches there was no foot rest. There was no TV, only a portable ipad so you could not watch it whilst eating as it had to sit on your table and there were only ear plugs to listen with not ear phones. Virgin are conning people by describing this as business class and should downgrade it to premium economy and charge accordingly. Australians should make more of a noise and stop this airline from conning people!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Alex Taberner    (Australia)

SYD-LAX-SYD in Y. Just swapped over to Velocity from QFF so was my first time flying VA to the USA, which I do once a year. The 777-300 is a very comfortable aircraft, and the 3x3x3 layout is very much appreciated compared to some airlines who squish 10 across on the same aircraft. The cabin was nice and spacious, mood lighting adding to the comfort. Cabin crew were fantastic on both legs - all had huge smiles, very helpful and cheery, and genuinely looked like they cared. In this respect, they're better than Qantas. Where they fall down is in the food and IFE. Dinner was nothing spectacular and breakfast options were limited. IFE was worst I've experienced on any long haul airline. There were probably only around 40 or so movies, many of which were either kids or foreign language. The few TV series also only featured two or three episodes. QF's IFE is one of the best. I would fly Virgin Australia again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Young    (Australia)

Having recently flown BNE-PER on Virgin Australia and loving it we treated ourselves Business BNE-MEL return as we normally only fly economy on a route this short. Flight down was great with a personable and helpful crew member looking after the small business class 737 cabin and we really enjoyed the flight. Wine was great and the snack was fine. On the way back the flight was delayed for two hours as two staff didn't turn up for work, causing confusion in the lounge and the gate. We had to rush to the plane as the board changed from delayed to flight closed, given this rush when on board I asked to use the bathroom and was told "No". When seated I was offered water, my wife asked for water but got none but she got wine when in the air. The crew member was surly and we only saw her once after take off. I didn't get offered wine. I asked for a food ingredient list as Virgin Australia don't do domestic special meals and was told there wasn't one and it was "too bad" so nothing to eat for me as well. The only consolation was I saw the crew member who was roughly treating meals dropped several meals in the galley from the oven so only one person got their choice in any case. It was as poor a business class flight as we can recall, particularly for me with a glass of water and a scowl my memories of the trip home. The crew member did not want to be on board and we felt was punishing us for being there.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Jeanne Carpenter    (Australia)

VA 171 to Port Vila. We all realise weather can interrupt travel plans but this was an absolute joke. 13 hours of flying in the South Pacific to arrive back in Brisbane with the banal comment from the Captain and Lead Flight Attendant of "Hope you make it to Vila tomorrow". A flight full of families with young children and one sandwich and a cup of juice for them. We all know you pay for what you get, but this is well below substandard. I have had better service of Aeroflot. No wonder it has been 8 years since I have given Virgin Australia my money for the exact same reason of poor customer care.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Aaron Eisenberg    (Australia)

Perth to Sydney on a brand new a330-200. Seat and legroom are good. IFE excellent! Had both on demand and live air channels with a large touch screen. The food not the best but the service is great. Arrive before the scheduled time. All together better than what Qantas offer on their not yet refurbished a330-300 and some 200s.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Chris Churchill    (Australia)

HBA-MEL-CNS return. These flights were as I expected: They got me from origin to destination. Booked by my employer, I was a little disappointed that I was unable to check-in before arriving at the airport. In-flight service was quite satisfactory, although I think many passengers would prefer a better selection of food for purchase. This would possibly make fares a little higher, and thus could be an unpopular move. I like the idea of passenger-supplied electronic entertainment; it saves complaints regarding the size, quality and condition of seatback screen units. I can recommend VA flights and will be happy to fly with them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Geoff Ward    (Australia)

I would like to share my experience of how determined the wonderful Virgin Australia was to ensure myself and my partner would never fly them again. We arrived at Melbourne to begin our journey to Fiji, VA185 on the 4th August this year. At check in, the staff member told us that a staff member had failed to turn up and they were short of crew - under aviation regulations the flight could not carry all customers. I asked for further details, to which came none, other than we were moved off the flight and it was flying with only a half load of passengers. Many thanks to the Virgin check-in staff for this enlightening explanation - we were impressed he could even be bothered raising his finger and pointing to the domestic queue, which was a mile long and had to join as we were being re-routed to Sydney. We had an hour and 20 minutes once in Sydney to find Fiji Airways, which Virgin had now booked us on. Most of the Virgin Staff that we spoke to seemed to be of the opinion we would struggle to make it from the domestic to international terminal in Sydney in time to get the Fiji Airways flight. Once we arrived in Sydney, it turned out that the journey time between the Domestic and International Airports was a third of the time the Virgin staff had told us in Melbourne - with 10 minutes to spare before closing the flight. Apparently their flight was fully booked courtesy of the missing staff member, so they offered us Business Class at an upgrade cost of $370. We took the upgrade - what's an extra $740 stacked on to our holiday expenses anyway. So we boarded Fiji Airways - business class, brand new plane - friendly staff interested in our well being.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  23 September 2014 by N Brown    (New Zealand)

My favoured airline does not fly to Denpasar from AKL, does not connect with VA in Sydney so ended up on VA whole trip. Huge mistake! Budget airline but prices are similar to Emirates on sale which is full service. Stupid tiered fare system. Asked for meal, entertainment system, tea, coffee, glass of wine when I booked my ticket. Issued ticket with only tea, but could not tell from e-ticket that I had no services. Later told it was my fault for asking for the services I wanted, I should have researched the tiered fares and requested the correct fare tier. Ridiculous. AKL-Sydney nearly missed flight because code shared Air NZ and they took 1 hr 15 min to check me in. Travelled 5 hours to catch plane, hoping to check in, grab a bite, but check in debacle ruined that plan. Just caught plane, about to close doors, told my fault, should have made my way to gate earlier, that's rich given they caused the delay. Looked forward to meal, movie, relax, told no meal, argued for cup of tea, given movie access out of pity, bought sandwich $10. 3 days later flew SYD-Denpasar, uncomfortable seat, cabin, seats barely recline, had to use tray table for iPad to use entertainment system, cramped. Return trip via Brisbane, Denpasar-Bris worst 6.5 hours ever. Faulty air con, unbearably hot, suffocating in front where I was. It was freezing in back of plane, passengers asked for blankets. Brisbane airport I had the worst customer service experience in years. Sleep deprived from trip, 05.30am, sought to change seat, encountered young belligerent man. Nearby FA apologised for his behaviour. Returned home determined to never fly VA again. Rather than try to resolve problems at every leg VA staff simply told me to write in and complain. Would rate zero for everything if scoring went that low.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 September 2014 by B Smithson    (Australia)

MEL-PER-MEL A330 Coast to Coast Business Class. What a brilliant domestic business class. We were fortunate enough to have the new 2-2-2 configuration both ways and both flights were flawless. Fantastic food, excellent seat with plenty of storage, fun yet professional crew, great IFE and just a really pleasant ambience in the cabin. Everyone was happy to be there both pax and crew. Crew happily suggested opening a bottle of champagne despite a 9am flight which was a great start to our holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. The dinner main course I had on the return flight was probably the best dish I have ever had on a plane. This much luxury might be overkill for a domestic flight but gosh its a comfortable way to travel!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Brown Nyree    (New Zealand)

VA is considered a budget airline but I regularly fly Emirates to Sydney on an A380, meal, ICE entertainment system etc for a similar price. Emirates do not fly to Denpasar and do not connect with VA so I booked VA from AKL. Dopey tiered fare structure, poor communication, appalling customer service. I asked for same service as Emirates, meal, tea, coffee, movies. Received tea only. Later told it was my fault for asking for the services I wanted, not researching and booking the correct fare tier. Ridiculous. 6.5 hour flight Denpasar to Brisbane, horrendous, air con not working properly, stifling hot, suffocating at front where I sat. Cabin freezing at rear, passengers asked for blankets. Arrived Brisbane, tried to change seat, worst customer service experience. I will be flying to Denpasar but I will travel via another Asian country rather than direct with VA.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 September 2014 by S Morgan    (UK)

We recently travelled Virgin Australia, Brisbane-Cairns-Sydney. The flights were fine, but we did have emergency exit seats. Sydney to Fiji - flight was 1 hr late going out. Toilet in economy had problems on previous flight and was therefore closed. On nearing our destination flight attendant announced crew would be coming through he cabin with cleaning cloths for passengers to clean their tables! I don't think so!! Return journey from Fiji-Sydney - departure was approx. 2 1/4hrs late, Virgin did offer $15 food voucher. To make matters worse the flight that was scheduled after our flight left before ours. Inflight food, vegetarian option was Pasta, other food option was pasta / meatballs - what choice was that if you don't like pasta? The attendant did everything she could to provide us with something to eat, while I accept it's not cabin crews fault what food is provided, unfortunately she had to take the criticism. Would I fly Virgin Australia or recommend them - never!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Roxanne Hughes    (Australia)

VA 193, PER-HKT, 1 Sep, 4 hour delay with no explanation apart from Operational. Old plane, no inflight entertainment unless you download. Not every one has a tablet or want to take a laptop on holidays. Really cramped seating in row 23. VA 192, HKT-PER, 10 Sep, sat further forward and better leg room, inflight service good. Plane nothing special. Not what I was expecting from the looks of their website. Would much rather fly on Air Asia. You know what you are getting then. Not able to purchase Duty Free at Phuket airport as VA have all sorts of extra bag checks, even after you and your bags have been through X-rays twice.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEL-SYD-ADL-MEL. Once again VA were very good in all areas from Check-in to in flight service. Flew MEL-SYD for the day and then to Adelaide that night and was checked in at Melbourne for both legs in a very efficient manner. Seating was good with a snack and water/tea/coffee or juice offered on all flights. Flight from Adelaide to Melbourne was on an Embraer 190 and this is a great plane to fly in. Was moved back from front row of economy due to a passenger traveling with her "seeing eye" dog which of course was fine and the staff were fantastic with her and her companion. All flights on time and very pleasant.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne - Sydney - Melbourne over the weekend and on their 737 800 services. I enjoy flying VA and service is always excellent. However, I have mentioned this before. The airline is starting to recruit male flight attendants with attitude. Reminds me of a competitor and hence why I regularly boycott them. VA has certainly changed it's formula when it comes to their recruitment. Despite this, comfortable flight, adequate snacks for a short flight and good safe landings.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Greensmith    (Australia)

Useless. Cancelled flight to Brisbane, put us on another 4 hours later, then put down wrong gate on ticket and sent us miles away from the correct gate so we missed that flight, went to Virgin desk and they gave us nothing. On way home flight got cancelled again, shifted us to a flight 3 hours which for us was about as useless as Virgin Australia call center assistant. Finally asked if we could wait in the Virgin lounge so I could get some work done on what Virgin had made a useless day, but all I got was a price to become a member of an airline which I won't ever fly with again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne - Perth and return on A330s in Business. Two very enjoyable flights, up to international business standard on a domestic service. The VA lounges were comfortable, the seat on board was very nice to sit in, and the service in both directions was excellent. Both flights arrived slightly ahead of schedule. Only two small complaints: the menu was the same in both directions. From Melbourne, I was transferring to an international service in Perth (having a South African Airways codeshare flight on VA). VA needs clearer and more prominent signage to help passengers find the Business Class international check-in counter. Even staff didn't seem to know where it was.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Terry Marriott    (Australia)

My wife and I got a good price Melbourne to Denpasar but we flew there and back on a 737 with no inflight entertainment whatsoever. The plane was full and cramped. This plane should be on local flights - it's very cheap of Virgin to use then for longer International flights. Back to Garuda for us!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melb-Canberra-return. Both flights on Embraer 190 which I think are great to fly in. Melb-Canberra leg was a most pleasant experience given the flight was only 44 minutes. Departed on time and provided with "snack" and water before landing in Canberra. return flight was also very good with an early departure and again offered a snack with a water. Held up by Melbourne traffic control and were in holding pattern over Mt Buller with some spectacular views. Flight crew kept us informed and we landed only minutes late. Both flights were very good. WiFi streaming was also available on both aircraft.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  29 August 2014 by G Spalding    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney to Perth last night. Firstly the flight was over 4.5 hours late, to make matters worse the plane had been downgraded which meant I couldn't have the seats I had chosen. The flight was full, we were made to board by the rear door, while waiting in the freezing cold on the tarmac. I always feel living in WA we are the poor cousins who are never considered. I was unwell, so this amount of delay and standing in the freezing cold did nothing to make me feel any better. I told the check in girl but her answer was there was nothing she could do and gave me a meal voucher which really didn't help. I won't be flying Virgin again in a hurry.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Wilson    (Australia)

OOL-MEL, Flight cancelled, no reason given why, initially told next flight I could get on was the next day but as I had to go to work following day I had to fight hard to be put on a spare seat to MEL via SYD, so a 2hr flight turned into a 7 hr horrendous journey. Onboard the live satellite TV has now been turned off and some stupid streaming service now used which requires people to use their own tablet, personally I don't own a tablet and walking down the aircraft, not one person was viewing their streaming service. Flight attendants announced at start of SYD-MEL flight that a free snack would be offered to each passenger, going by the inflight magazine I was expecting a muffin and a coffee, we were all issued with 4 Ritz crackers and a lump of cheese, I thought I was in North Korea! Virgin is a low cost, low service airline which is in fact not low cost, so it is just low service with high prices.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melb-Gold Coast-Brisbane-Melb. All flights were excellent with some minor delays due to air traffic control. Melb- Gold Coast flight was seated in 3A in economy with the extra leg room and no one sitting in the middle it was almost like a business class seat. Cabin crew were great with water or juice offered during the flight. Brisbane- Melbourne much the same though flight was delayed by about 35 mins but kept well informed by flight crew about Brisbane airport traffic delays. Was served a very nice lettuce and egg sandwich and water on the flight and the cabin crew also did another water run before landing in Melbourne. Overall another couple of great flights with VA. WiFi streaming of movies is also a bonus.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Phil McConnell    (Australia)

SYD-LAX-MEL in Y. Here is a tip. Best Y seats in the house: Row 40 D,F,G. Bulkhead seats with no bassinet position and not premium charged. Most websites appear to show row 39 as the centre bulkhead seat. Only the VA seat assignment chart gets it right as row 40 centre. As usual, friendly and engaging service from the great crew. OK to good food. If you must endure the 15 hours to/from LA then this is a great choice.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 August 2014 by L Wagner    (Australia)

VA509, SYD-OOL, Boeing 737-800. Great service, got to pick seats for free at time of booking and the leather seats were comfortable. Received a complimentary drink after take off and the crew were pretty friendly. Inflight entertainment was also pleasing.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 August 2014 by T White    (Australia)

ADL-MEL-LAX. Easy check in as always. Good flight from Adelaide to Melbourne - on time. Comfortable seats and very polite cabin staff. Melbourne to LAX left on time. The service in business class is very good and the staff are wonderful, but the seats are not the most comfortable when compared to other airlines in that class. The seats aren't much wider than economy seats and are a little hard on a 14+ hour flight. I was in a window seat and was trapped when the person on the outside went to sleep. They squeeze a third seat into the middle group which I'd never seen on other international business class flights. Your pay more for business class to get comfort and privacy and unfortunately, the seat configuration doesn't give you this. The inflight entertainment system could do with a revamp as there aren't many choices. The lunch services was great, but the breakfast food was most odd and everything seemed to taste of five spice which was a little off putting - sometimes, plain and normal is better than over the top. I like that they have a ladies only bathroom!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 July 2014 by T White    (Australia)

Very happy with the service on Virgin. Flew BQB (Busselton) - PER (Perth). Got an orange juice and cookie, which I was not expecting. I was greeted with a huge smile as I walked on board. After we took off, one of the FA's made a point of sitting in the vacant seat next to me and talking about my love for aviation. I was alone and after we landed, she walked me through the terminal, to my parents, making sure I arrived in one piece! I am flying with them again very soon, and hope the service is much the same!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Dilys Budd    (Australia)

On 5 July my daughter and I flew Sydney to Queenstown NZ on Virgin 7406 operated by Air New Zealand. Even though the ticket said 'no meal service' we were offered a meal and later enjoyed a choice of movies. The return flight from Christchurch to Sydney Virgin 7533, was also operated by Air New Zealand. What a difference! No refreshment offered and movies carried a $10 charge. Didn't see an attendant unless you wanted to buy. This was not a cheap flight and after all it was 'International'. I didn't enjoy the return flight and would be loathed to recommend Virgin and their affiliates.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Daniel    (Australia)

Travelled Business Class Melbourne-Hamilton Island return in the last 2 weeks. 3 hour flight at $1600 return. Whilst the Cabin Manager was friendly, efficient and professional, the overall product is really substandard for Business. Seats with no footrest, limited recline, dirty and scuffed, nil storage. No pillow or blanket available anywhere on the aircraft. They don't stock them, even for Business. Refreshment on the way up consisted on a small tart, tub of yoghurt and a roll. Nothing else. Lunch on the return, no pre lunch drink, a small hot meal, bread roll and small cake. Not even a salad. No sparkling available and no bloody mary mix for a bloody mary drink. No hot towel. No amenities at all. IFE consisted of a portable tablet, which is annoying to place on a small tray table. Again, couldn't fault the Crew, who were fantastic. Just a shame they have such a basic product to work with.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Sunil Bhambhani    (Australia)

Traveled to Fiji and back. I won't hesitate to say that was my worst ever flight experience. Aircraft didn't had built in entertainment system for 6 hour flight from Melbourne to Nadi. Aircraft's seats were very small and aircraft lavatory was too small. I would say it was my most uncomfortable 11 hours of my life.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Flew to Adelaide for business and have to report two excellent flights with Virgin Australia. Both flights were comfortable and with friendly and smiling cabin crew. I absolutely love the Embraer 190 aircraft and it's nice to see a few of them lined up at Adelaide Airport, instead of the usual 737 collection. I will continue to use VA for business travel and I enjoy their excellent on-ground and in the air service. Well done Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Mullinar Liz    (Australia)

My sister warned me against flying Virgin Australia but unfortunately it was booked as an Etihad flight. The cabin was clean modern and with good leg room, that's where the compliments cease. The entertainment system was not nearly as good as Etihad, very few interesting movies. The earphones were awful, scratchy and hard to hear, sadly I was so used to Etihad I hadn't bothered to bring my own. The food was awful, the service non existent, we only saw the attendants when they served food, no walking through the cabin offering drinks during the night or the other attentiveness one enjoys on Etihad, Singapore Airlines or any of the other great airlines. I would never under any circumstances travel Virgin Australia again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Lau    (Australia)

VA 43, Brisbane - Denpasar on 29th June, 2014. To be fair, the flight was not so bad but I have to agree with other passengers that Virgin should really consider using a larger aircraft for this popular route as the whole journey took 6hours or so. Otherwise, it was not bad at all. The seat felt big despite the standard 737 3x3 configuration. There was no inflight entertainment but most passengers had iPad/iPhone/Laptop etc to keep themselves occupied. The inflight magazine was actually quite a good read. The food was mediocre but I was not expecting 5 stars treatment after all, so it was OK. FAs were fine. All in all, a pleasant flight and will consider booking Virgin again in the future for other routes.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Ken Duffin    (New Zealand)

VA164 - AKL to Coolangatta, 25 June. I wasn't aware VA was a 'budget' airline and 700 bucks constituted 'budget' tickets, but clearly they did. Booked through WebJet, some sort of cock up led to us being charged $260 to take a couple of bags onboard. Upon trying to pre-pay luggage for the return trip, advised this was completely impossible by VA. However, went to the airport on the return leg expecting another huge bill and baggage checked in without a murmur! Go figure. On the plus side, no delays and got us there and back just fine. Don't much like budget airlines however with stupid complex booking tiers and inflexible attitude, especially not for a 4hr flight, so doubt I'd ever use VA again unless forced to.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by W Ross    (Australia)

MEL-OOL, 3 July: Worst flight ever, I think it was an old Ryanair aircraft, seats did not recline, there was no legroom, my knees were diagonal to the floor, seats are narrower compared to Jetstar or Tiger and there was no inflight live2air, rather some silly streaming service which required people to use their own devices. I can't understand Virgin, their seats and aircraft are horrendous but then they give people free wine and beer (imported Italian Peroni!). I tell you what Virgin, keep your alcohol and take a row of seats out, 30 rows in a 737 plus two rows of business class does not work, I am still in pain from this horrible flight, added to this it was an hour delayed and even while loading the aircraft none of the ground staff seemed concerned and loading was slow and non rushed, really disappointed. I don't understand how Virgin thinks this is acceptable.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Johnson    (UK)

Travelled on VA 29 to Abu Dhabi on 24/6/2014. This was a code share with Etihad. I was booked business class. I have been flying business class from UK to Sydney up to 5 times a year for over 10 years, this flight can only be described as horrendous. Seats are premium economy and although they claim to be flat bed they are like sleeping on a plank! 7 seats per row in cabin, if you are in the middle of 3 seats you are trapped. My flight was code share with Etihad how can their be such a difference. The best advice I can give is make sure your flight is not a code share. Cabin crew unwilling to accept complaint re the standard of seating, I am unwilling to say more other than beware. It is worthy of note that a number of passengers complained all ignored.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 June 2014 by A Guiver    (Australia)

VA 43, Brisbane to Bali, June 6. Flight delayed by approx 30 minutes due to crewing. Flight 90% full. We were fortunate to have purchased exit row seats, so had a reasonable amount of space for the 6+ hour flight. Crew performed well under difficult circumstances (only 2 toilets at rear of the 787-800 - hence long queues and galley at rear of the aircraft). Food average and some beverages ran out. In-flight wifi entertainment adequate Due to the flying time and therefore comfort, this route may be better served by VA with a larger aircraft, as Jetstar now operates the 787 to this destination out of Brisbane.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Recently flew Athens-Abu Dhabi-Sydney with Etihad. We had pre-allocated our seating (2 seats down the back A&C) as my wife and I wanted to avoid people climbing over us at night. We got shunted to BC seats with A also occupied and Etihad would not change it or offered a reason. Exactly what we did not want. Unbelievable. The plane was only 60% full and there was no need to cram us into ABC seats. Unbelievable? We checked our original seat allocation and found a 5 year old occupying AC spots with parents in middle section with spare seating alongside. Pretty Poor. When I moved after takeoff into a spare aisle seat with no one beside me the flight attendant moved 2 people beside me in the middle of the night. Unbelievable again when there were spare seats around. Never again with Etihad.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Belinda Stevenson    (Australia)

VA 867, 20th May 2014. VA 898, 30th May 2014. Flying VA from Melb to Sydney we were treated as people, with kindness beyond expected, staff from managers to check in to wheelchair and luggage assistance to meals. They deserve the award for compassion, care and efficiency.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 June 2014 by R Dobson    (Australia)

Travelled ADL-MEL-AKL on 5/6/14. Flight was late leaving Adelaide, we had to run to our next gate after passport control, we were the last people on the flight. We did not get our exit row seats which had been paid for at time of booking, staff were miserable, food average, our luggage did not arrive until 27 hours later. Very poor service, we will not travel with this airline again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  5 June 2014 by N De Guzman    (Australia)

Perth-Sydney-Perth. They didn't even provide a pillow and a blanket for these flights unlike Qantas who provided a pillow and blanket. The complimentary food from Perth to SYD was not that good, there was just quiche and a muffin. When flying back to Perth, the flight attendant saw me with lots of luggage but didn't manage to help me. I would fly Qantas next time.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Sullivan James    (Australia)

Brisbane-Sydney-Brisbane in the last week. Great service all round including opportunity to check luggage 3 hours before flights. Delay with return flight fully explained by the cockpit.( no fault of Virgin). Cabin crew friendly and professional both ways and ground staff excellent.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Williams    (Australia)

BNE-ADL, checked in 90 mins before flight time, my eldest son was row 13, my youngest son row 14 and myself row 22. They did manage to get me sitting next to my eldest prior to takeoff. What's with the rope across business class? Two crew members for the whole of economy, serving a choice of tea, coffee, juice or water. No food provided, $7 for dreadful beer, $4 for chips. Last time with VA.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 May 2014 by H Spud    (Australia)

LAX to Brisbane last week. Fantastic service. Great crew comfort and meals were great. Boeing 777 presented in a beautiful clean and well fitted out. I will never fly Qantas to the USA again. Virgin offer a fantastic service at a much cheaper price.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEL-BNE and MEL-SYD return. All flights pretty well on time. Priority boarding a bonus for frequent flyers and lounges in all airports were excellent. All flights in economy and served a snack with tea, coffee, water or juice. WiFi streaming for entertainment is a bonus, though when you fly a lot the choice is somewhat limited. SYD-MEL leg arrived at airport 2 hours before flight and was offered a seat on a flight just about to depart which made life a lot easier. Check in staff very good and efficient. Cabin crew pleasant on all fights and they seem to enjoy their work.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  26 May 2014 by J Wyatt    (Australia)

I recently had a trip booked and paid for with this airline from Rockhampton to Brisbane. We had plenty of time to get from Rockhampton to Brisbane for our connecting flight to Bangkok. The afternoon before our planned flight Virgin sent a TEXT message stating our flight was changed with no further details provided. When I called Virgin I discovered they had placed us on a much, much later flight meaning we would miss our flight to Bangkok by several hours. Virgin made no attempt to rectify this issue. I then had to drive 8 hours to Brisbane and was initially told I would not receive a refund! After over 2 weeks the airline finally contacted me back and told me I was lucky to receive a refund and it would take up to 12 weeks to process this. It has been over 3 weeks since the flight was cancelled (by Virgin) and I am still yet to receive a refund for this flight. Virgin customer service is the worst I have ever come across - their attitude towards customer satisfaction is disgraceful.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by B Cockel    (USA)

Beware of this airlines baggage fee practices! Their on line policy states that you may "pay a higher rate" if. You don't purchase an extra bag in advance. What they actually mean is 120 AUD versus 48. They also tried to charge us an extra 120 AUD on top of the 120 because one bag was 2KG overweight. 2KG - until we brought a manager in and told him this was outrageous. We were traveling to Fiji from Brisbane with scuba gear, a common practice. I don't mind paying extra bag fees per se, only the way they tried to triple them in a deceptive manner at the gate. Beyond that, the food was the worst I've had in a long time, the food service disorganized and the scheduled departure 20 minutes late with no alert or explanation.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by John Kneijber    (Australia)

OOL-SYD-OOL on B737-800. Virgin lounge at Gold Coast was very busy. Usual selection of food & drinks available. Lounge in Sydney very spacious and not busy. The premium entry facility at Sydney is brilliant. So convenient if you only have carry- on. Priority boarding was a breeze. Seats on board are standard domestic business class seats and comfortable for a short flight. The stand out for this airline is the staff. The attendants serving in the business class cabin on both legs were excellent. Good to see the quality of the food has improved since our last flight.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Alan Coles    (New Zealand)

My wife and I flew Virgin Australia VA 149 Boeing 737 800 Auckland to Melbourne on Anzac day April 25th. Plane clean, flight left on time, arrived on time. Cabin crew good, in Melbourne the attendant got our bags out of overhead lockers, then stood in aisle holding back other passengers so we could exit our seats. Plenty of room in seats, only two used out of three, Second time we have flown Virgin, both flights were good, will use them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 May 2014 by B Vincent    (Australia)

I flew Perth - Albany over the Easter break. I was looking forward to spending 2 full days with friends, but a few days before departure Virgin informed me that instead of the evening flight I would need to take the lunchtime flight. OK these things happen, but when I actually checked in the attendant told me the evening flight was operating and had plenty of spare seats! Apparently quite a few other pax were bumped that day too. When I lodged an inquiry with "Customer Care" I was told "After further investigation, I can confirm that your flight was revised due to operational requirements and we regrettably had no other option but to reschedule your service." What a load. I couldn't complain about the actual flights, the Fokker 50s are ageing but in good condition, and flights were on time. Virgin's policy on in-flight refreshments is confusing to say the least - some routes get a free meal, others not, in Western Australia "some flights" get one but they don't say which. We got light refreshments, but any extras had to be paid in cash (not credit card as stated in the menu). It's like they want to be seen as a full-service carrier but can't fully let go of the budget airline ethos - I just wish they'd get their story clear.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Plug    (Australia)

Travelled from Launceston to Perth via Melbourne, May 6 2014. As usual, email and text reminders re departure were spot-on. Check-in and boarding at LST were smooth and efficient, announcements clear and accurate. Departure was exactly on time, flight uneventful, until flight got stuck in a holding pattern for 40+ minutes before landing at Melbourne due to runway incident. Departure from Melbourne was also delayed, relevant announcements were clear, accurate and informative. Flight to Perth in older B737, no seatback screens and the seatback/headrest adjustment was not working properly (essential for taller passengers), which made for uncomfortable flight (not my usual experience, BTW). Bags were waiting by the time we reached the baggage claim area - incredibly quick, even by Virgin's standards. All staff were very professional - efficient, friendly and extremely helpful. All round, not quite up to Virgin Australia's usual high standards, but by no means unsatisfactory.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 May 2014 by L Carter    (Australia)

VA23, MEL-LAX, Premium (11 H) connecting from OOL. Luggage checked entire way through, had to pick up express boarding pass in MEL (not sure if comes with premium or not, I'm a Platinum FF). Cabin was practically full, with only a couple of seats spare. Plenty of legroom, although the 2 heights that the footrest sits at doesn't make it overly comfortable, the seat width difference is definitely noticeable vs domestic economy. Amenities bag comes with socks, eye mask, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, tissues and a pen (which is more than I can say for SQ business). Headphones provided are noise blocking - and they definitely work. Every meal had tomato and cheese in it, which was not only a little disappointing but seriously lacking in originality, the chicken was nice and tender though once I scraped the tomato off! Breakfast (scrambled eggs) was so/so, the bacon the only redeeming factor in a pretty lacklustre meal. Inflight entertainment (RED) didn't have a massive choice. The best bit would have to be the service. From the FA's to the pilots keeping us up to date on delays, could not have asked for better - the staff are definitely what make flying Virgin Australia a happy experience! I used points to upgrade, not sure if I'd pay for Premium outright, but using points, or paying for an upgrade last minute on a return leg is worth it.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  25 April 2014 by J Miles    (Australia)

VA824, 22 April, SYD-MEL on 737-800 and return on VA849, 24 April also on 737-800. Both flights on time. Check in at Sydney was quite long, I had arrived only 45 minutes prior to departure but had checked in on mobile and received my boarding pass at the Guest Service Desk in no time. Plane OK in cleanliness. Excellent legroom and recline. Included tea/coffee/water/juice and muffin as snack. Return flight was on a refurbished 737 with wireless in flight entertainment. I did not use so cannot comment. Seats possibly the most comfortable I have ever experienced on any airline, domestic and international. Could not ask for more legroom or recline. Crew excellent, combination of youthful and older cabin crew. Flight down to Melbourne were all 40/50+ and could have been more hospitable. Another great flight with my preferred airline. Again booked within 7 days of departure and was the same rate as if I had booked 6 months earlier.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melbourne-Brisbane on 737-800. Flight to Brisbane left ahead of schedule from the gate however hampered by Melbourne traffic control took off about 10 mins behind schedule. Kept informed by flight crew as to the situation but arrived in Brisbane on time, Seat 4D was fine and no one on middle seat. Used WIFI streaming to watch a movie and served a "snack" which was fine. Bris-Melb was a totally different flight when upgraded to Business Class and was the only passenger in the cabin but not surprising as it was Easter Sunday. Was offered juice or water prior to take off and after we had levelled out an excellent lamb curry and a decent red wine were served. Landed in Melbourne on time and luggage was delivered promptly. I might add the service at check in was great at Brisbane, friendly and cheerful.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Michael Brien    (Australia)

Darwin to Melbourne. The problems started when our flight was rescheduled (not cancelled) from 21st April to 22nd April. This was after we had spent the afternoon at the airport. Told to be back at the airport on 22nd and that check-in would open at 11am for our 2pm flight. We were then put up at the airport hotel. We were given $50 per person to cover dinner and breakfast at an airport hotel! Arrived back at the airport on 22nd at 10am due, we waited until 11am but no staff members arrived. Contacted Virgin via the customer relations number only to be told that our fight was leaving at 3.30 pm and that we wouldn't be able to check our bags until 90 minutes before the flight. Customer relations were no help. When staff finally returned at 12pm they were rude and refused to deal with any of the issues. They made no attempt to make any enquiries and stated that we were not entitled to food vouchers as the flight had not be cancelled but only rescheduled (24 hours). I understand that aircraft faults occur but the lack of communication and rudeness was unacceptable.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne-Sydney-Townsville-Brisbane and Melbourne over the Easter break on their Embraer 190 and 737-800 services. All flights were excellent and with friendly and hard working crews. We had engineering problems with an Embraer jet from Townsville to Brisbane and was transferred to another jet on the tarmac. Unfortunately, our connections to Melbourne from Brisbane was not smooth, but we did gladly wait 3 hours in the Virgin Lounge to await our 3 delay. Overall, was well handled and especially with the Easter rush to get everybody home safely. Well Done Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  22 April 2014 by W Coulton    (Australia)

PER-SYD-PER Easter long weekend. Both flights A330-200. A330 for the flight to Sydney had a broken APU, so had no ground air conditioning until engines started. It was a sauna until 20 minutes into the flight. Obviously old video system, individual screens, but continuous loop (not AVOD) with poor vision and sound. Food OK and complimentary beer/wine. Return flight much newer A330 with good AVOD. Once again food fine and sufficient, along with beer/wine. Significantly less legroom on this aircraft. Check-in for both flights was OK despite being busy days, but check-in staff could show some enthusiasm for the job or find another one. The biggest disappointment was the lack of even a casual smile from any of the cabin crew, except when first entering each aircraft. After that it was glum faces for the entire flight. The odd smile makes the journey go so much better for both passengers and crew. I normally fly QF, but gave VA a go this time based not only on price/schedule, but also looking for an alternative to QF for regular travel needs. VA did not stand out as any better than QF I'm afraid. All they proved was that either airline is the same, so price and schedule will be all that determines my loyalty now, rather than having a true preference.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Graham Brown    (Australia)

Sydney to Gold Coast. Early afternoon flight mid week. Quick check in. Long queue to board aircraft, only one staff member scanning boarding passes. People impatient, some queue jumpers caused arguments amongst passengers. All in all just poor form from VA when they should be managing their customers better. Staff on board robotic but friendly. My first time with VA. I would recommend VA only if QF flight not available.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 April 2014 by J Flitton    (Australia)

11th April, Sydney to Melbourne, VA9900. Return: Melbourne to Sydney, VA883. I am absolutely appalled at how bad this airline is. Flights are cancelled and rescheduled all the time. You cannot rely on them at all. The check in queues are ridiculously long, they must be understaffed. You need to allow at least 2 hours to check in for a domestic flight. I would advise using any other airline but this one for internal flights in Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 April 2014 by D Scott    (Australia)

Attempt at service falls short. Flying ATR 72 from Moranbah to Brisbane. Staff made no acknowledgement of me boarding and during flight, snack was tiny, toilet was filthy, really stank with yellow stains. Compared with rival, seats are not comfortable and the flight is slow.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Warren Stanborough    (Australia)

We flew business class from Sydney to Denpasar, 14 April. The cabin supervisor looked after the business class section (5 passengers). She was very professional and friendly, the lunch was adequate (2 choices, hot or cold) and the wines satisfactory. Then cabin supervisor also ensured that the forward toilet was used by business class passengers only. Although some previous posters complained about the lack of a foot rest, for a 6 hour daylight flight the Virgin business class product is quite acceptable and well priced.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Mark Ferguson    (Australia)

LAX-BNE-MEL Business cabin flight from LAX to MEL via BNE, Cabin crew on both legs of the flight were excellent, couldn't have been more attentive or helpful. Long Haul business class is comfortable and entertainment options are good. A real contrast to the Virgin America BOS-LAX flight which preceded it, which featured the most unhelpful and rude cabin crew ever experienced. Overall I would highly recommend VA for the trip to LA and beyond.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

On a recent from between MEL and BNE return (on VA 333 and VA 354 respectively), I found that Virgin Australia met all the expectations of a good domestic airline. These included, an on-time service, good IFE (using their 'wireless in-flight entertainment' system), helpful FAs' and a clean interior. Hence, as a regular passenger on this Virgin Australia, I do not hesitate in recommending it to others.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 April 2014 by S Ball    (New Zealand)

This is the second very negative experience I've been part of with this airline. The Dunedin to Brisbane (on both counts) flight, the staff are appalling, far from helpful and polite. Treatment received is horrible and generally makes flying difficult. I do not recommend this flight to anyone. I would rather pay extra to fly with anyone else!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  10 April 2014 by J Graham    (USA)

My wife and I will never fly with Virgin Australia again. We have always found Virgin Atlantic to be great so we decided to fly to Bali with Virgin Australia. I noticed straight away as we sat down that there were no inseat entertainment systems. When I asked a crew member they said we needed to bring an iphone or iPad to watch their inflight entertainment. This policy is ridiculous. So if you have children you may need to bring 3 of 4 iPads for each member of your family for a 9 hour flight? Ridiculous. This airline was cheaper but I'm happy to pay extra for entertainment and better service. This is a budget airline with rude staff.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Bronwyn Hughs    (Australia)

SYD-CNS, 30/3/14. Once again happy with the flight and service. I found the seats and leg room a tad better than Qantas which I flew down on. The cabin crew were friendly and did well with the overseas tourists who had trouble understanding the meaning of the seatbelt sign! The menu has improved since my last flight with more options/variety. Overall happy with the flight and the standard of service is what I have come to expect from this airline.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melbourne to Adelaide and return in one day. Efficient and pleasant check-in in Melbourne and offered boarding pass for return journey that evening. Flight to Adelaide left right on time and the aircraft offered the wi-fi entertainment system. Landed just ahead of schedule and crew were very good. Return flight delayed due a crewing issue but advised by text and email. Arrived at airport and settled into the lounge. Flight called and departed a little later than we thought but we were kept informed whilst waiting and on board again the tech crew apologised for the delay. Served a "snack" which was very good and crew again were on the ball.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Julie Horwood    (Australia)

Traveled 26th March, Brisbane to Proserpine impossible to land, returned to Brisbane. Staff handled situation with great concern for our welfare. Virgins choice of accommodation - Ibis hotel, transfers and meals - great job. First time flyers with Virgin and will fly them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Alan Bone    (Australia)

Flight 482, MCY-SYD. 27th March 2014. Flight was cancelled over an hour after scheduled departure. Poor communication. No food vouchers. After the diverted flight had gone to an alternate airport we were told we had to take a flight the following day. No compensation at all. Had to find a hotel at great expense. Jetstar flights continued to arrive and take off. I was told that was due to superior airbus Aircraft, Apparently 737s can't operate into airports in bad weather. Their communication with passengers was poor. Well we will now will go back to Qantas/Jetstar.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Liam Murphy    (USA)

LAX-MEL Boeing 777-300ER JET. In the airport they said we were flying out of Terminal 3, but it turned out we were leaving from Tom Bradley International Terminal. At the gate, they put us on a bus, and when it got moving, they turned off the lights which made the bus completely dark. The bus took us to Terminal 3 were we had to wait in a line for 30 minutes on a concrete ramp with no were to sit down. Then we went in the thing that takes you onto the plane. The crew was very friendly, the set quality good, and free in-flight entertainment. They served dinner very soon, but I didn't have any. They had a self service snack bar with water, soda, and chips. Then they dimmed the lights so everyone could sleep, which lasted until breakfast time. I didn't have the hot breakfast, but I saw it looked terrible. It was some cakey thing with baked beans. The rest of the breakfast was good, though. When we landed everything was fine. I would rather fly Qantas because of the thing in LAX, but would fly with Virgin Australia if I had to. I have to admit, I liked Virgin Australia's cabin quality better than Qantas's cabin.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 March 2014 by C Miller    (Australia)

BNE-PER. A330-200. Seat 1K. Travelled in the newer 2x2x2 seating configuration with the upgraded seats. Everything top notch, great selection on the IFE. Business cabin half full - service was pretty exceptional.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by O Handyside    (Fiji)

NAN-BNE-NAN was a pleasant experience indeed. Clean aircraft, great service and excellent food out of NAN. Friendly crew and safety before OTP.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 March 2014 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

SYD-MEL, (VA 834). The flight was great, from the attentive service to the comfortable seating to the on-time arrival. Even though we flew in an Embraer 190 which is smaller than the commonly used 737-800 for this route, the service was not compromised.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne-Hobart return on B737s. Both flights were smooth and pleasant. The online check-in and airport bag drop were easy and quick; the seat was comfortable (a little tighter on the return flight) and the service was friendly. The flight to Hobart left 20 mins late and arrived 10 mins late; the return flight left 15 mins late and arrived 5 mins late. Our case appeared on the carousel quite quickly at both ends.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melb-Adel-Melb-Brisbane-Melb. 3 flights on 737-800 aircraft and 1 flight on Embraer 190. All flights on time and very comfortable. Service was great with very good cabin crew. Snack served in flight was either cheese and biscuits or a spicy salsa dip with chips. Offered juice or water on all flights. Embraer 190 remains a favourite as I was allocated front row of economy which almost has as much leg room as business class. Overall another very satisfactory series of flights and the streaming wifi on the 737 aircraft is great.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  5 March 2014 by E McDaniel    (Australia)

SYD-PER. 21st Feb. Plane used was probably the oldest and dirtiest 737 I had ever seen. Plane completely packed, why was an Airbus not used instead? No point boasting about coast-to-coast A330 services when we had to spend 5 very long hours in packed plane with no working seatback IFE. Luckily I had downloaded the wireless streaming app but plenty of other disgruntled passengers did not. Could not upgrade to Business cabin despite the load being 4/8. Sydney lounge was very nice however.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 March 2014 by L McNamara    (Australia)

Flying from Launceston to Canberra connecting via Melbourne we were very surprised at not being able to purchase any food on the flight - only option was chic chip cookies which when arriving in Canberra for meetings so after lunch time was not considered a suitable option! Why are healthy substantive food choices not available for purchase?