Virgin Australia Passenger Reviews and Virgin Australia Customer Trip Reports

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 July 2014 by T White    (Australia)

Very happy with the service on Virgin. Flew BQB (Busselton) - PER (Perth). Got an orange juice and cookie, which I was not expecting. I was greeted with a huge smile as I walked on board. After we took off, one of the FA's made a point of sitting in the vacant seat next to me and talking about my love for aviation. I was alone and after we landed, she walked me through the terminal, to my parents, making sure I arrived in one piece! I am flying with them again very soon, and hope the service is much the same!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Dilys Budd    (Australia)

On 5 July my daughter and I flew Sydney to Queenstown NZ on Virgin 7406 operated by Air New Zealand. Even though the ticket said 'no meal service' we were offered a meal and later enjoyed a choice of movies. The return flight from Christchurch to Sydney Virgin 7533, was also operated by Air New Zealand. What a difference! No refreshment offered and movies carried a $10 charge. Didn't see an attendant unless you wanted to buy. This was not a cheap flight and after all it was 'International'. I didn't enjoy the return flight and would be loathed to recommend Virgin and their affiliates.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Daniel    (Australia)

Travelled Business Class Melbourne-Hamilton Island return in the last 2 weeks. 3 hour flight at $1600 return. Whilst the Cabin Manager was friendly, efficient and professional, the overall product is really substandard for Business. Seats with no footrest, limited recline, dirty and scuffed, nil storage. No pillow or blanket available anywhere on the aircraft. They don't stock them, even for Business. Refreshment on the way up consisted on a small tart, tub of yoghurt and a roll. Nothing else. Lunch on the return, no pre lunch drink, a small hot meal, bread roll and small cake. Not even a salad. No sparkling available and no bloody mary mix for a bloody mary drink. No hot towel. No amenities at all. IFE consisted of a portable tablet, which is annoying to place on a small tray table. Again, couldn't fault the Crew, who were fantastic. Just a shame they have such a basic product to work with.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Sunil Bhambhani    (Australia)

Traveled to Fiji and back. I won't hesitate to say that was my worst ever flight experience. Aircraft didn't had built in entertainment system for 6 hour flight from Melbourne to Nadi. Aircraft's seats were very small and aircraft lavatory was too small. I would say it was my most uncomfortable 11 hours of my life.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Flew to Adelaide for business and have to report two excellent flights with Virgin Australia. Both flights were comfortable and with friendly and smiling cabin crew. I absolutely love the Embraer 190 aircraft and it's nice to see a few of them lined up at Adelaide Airport, instead of the usual 737 collection. I will continue to use VA for business travel and I enjoy their excellent on-ground and in the air service. Well done Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Mullinar Liz    (Australia)

My sister warned me against flying Virgin Australia but unfortunately it was booked as an Etihad flight. The cabin was clean modern and with good leg room, that's where the compliments cease. The entertainment system was not nearly as good as Etihad, very few interesting movies. The earphones were awful, scratchy and hard to hear, sadly I was so used to Etihad I hadn't bothered to bring my own. The food was awful, the service non existent, we only saw the attendants when they served food, no walking through the cabin offering drinks during the night or the other attentiveness one enjoys on Etihad, Singapore Airlines or any of the other great airlines. I would never under any circumstances travel Virgin Australia again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Lau    (Australia)

VA 43, Brisbane - Denpasar on 29th June, 2014. To be fair, the flight was not so bad but I have to agree with other passengers that Virgin should really consider using a larger aircraft for this popular route as the whole journey took 6hours or so. Otherwise, it was not bad at all. The seat felt big despite the standard 737 3x3 configuration. There was no inflight entertainment but most passengers had iPad/iPhone/Laptop etc to keep themselves occupied. The inflight magazine was actually quite a good read. The food was mediocre but I was not expecting 5 stars treatment after all, so it was OK. FAs were fine. All in all, a pleasant flight and will consider booking Virgin again in the future for other routes.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Ken Duffin    (New Zealand)

VA164 - AKL to Coolangatta, 25 June. I wasn't aware VA was a 'budget' airline and 700 bucks constituted 'budget' tickets, but clearly they did. Booked through WebJet, some sort of cock up led to us being charged $260 to take a couple of bags onboard. Upon trying to pre-pay luggage for the return trip, advised this was completely impossible by VA. However, went to the airport on the return leg expecting another huge bill and baggage checked in without a murmur! Go figure. On the plus side, no delays and got us there and back just fine. Don't much like budget airlines however with stupid complex booking tiers and inflexible attitude, especially not for a 4hr flight, so doubt I'd ever use VA again unless forced to.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by W Ross    (Australia)

MEL-OOL, 3 July: Worst flight ever, I think it was an old Ryanair aircraft, seats did not recline, there was no legroom, my knees were diagonal to the floor, seats are narrower compared to Jetstar or Tiger and there was no inflight live2air, rather some silly streaming service which required people to use their own devices. I can't understand Virgin, their seats and aircraft are horrendous but then they give people free wine and beer (imported Italian Peroni!). I tell you what Virgin, keep your alcohol and take a row of seats out, 30 rows in a 737 plus two rows of business class does not work, I am still in pain from this horrible flight, added to this it was an hour delayed and even while loading the aircraft none of the ground staff seemed concerned and loading was slow and non rushed, really disappointed. I don't understand how Virgin thinks this is acceptable.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Johnson    (UK)

Travelled on VA 29 to Abu Dhabi on 24/6/2014. This was a code share with Etihad. I was booked business class. I have been flying business class from UK to Sydney up to 5 times a year for over 10 years, this flight can only be described as horrendous. Seats are premium economy and although they claim to be flat bed they are like sleeping on a plank! 7 seats per row in cabin, if you are in the middle of 3 seats you are trapped. My flight was code share with Etihad how can their be such a difference. The best advice I can give is make sure your flight is not a code share. Cabin crew unwilling to accept complaint re the standard of seating, I am unwilling to say more other than beware. It is worthy of note that a number of passengers complained all ignored.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 June 2014 by A Guiver    (Australia)

VA 43, Brisbane to Bali, June 6. Flight delayed by approx 30 minutes due to crewing. Flight 90% full. We were fortunate to have purchased exit row seats, so had a reasonable amount of space for the 6+ hour flight. Crew performed well under difficult circumstances (only 2 toilets at rear of the 787-800 - hence long queues and galley at rear of the aircraft). Food average and some beverages ran out. In-flight wifi entertainment adequate Due to the flying time and therefore comfort, this route may be better served by VA with a larger aircraft, as Jetstar now operates the 787 to this destination out of Brisbane.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Recently flew Athens-Abu Dhabi-Sydney with Etihad. We had pre-allocated our seating (2 seats down the back A&C) as my wife and I wanted to avoid people climbing over us at night. We got shunted to BC seats with A also occupied and Etihad would not change it or offered a reason. Exactly what we did not want. Unbelievable. The plane was only 60% full and there was no need to cram us into ABC seats. Unbelievable? We checked our original seat allocation and found a 5 year old occupying AC spots with parents in middle section with spare seating alongside. Pretty Poor. When I moved after takeoff into a spare aisle seat with no one beside me the flight attendant moved 2 people beside me in the middle of the night. Unbelievable again when there were spare seats around. Never again with Etihad.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Belinda Stevenson    (Australia)

VA 867, 20th May 2014. VA 898, 30th May 2014. Flying VA from Melb to Sydney we were treated as people, with kindness beyond expected, staff from managers to check in to wheelchair and luggage assistance to meals. They deserve the award for compassion, care and efficiency.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 June 2014 by R Dobson    (Australia)

Travelled ADL-MEL-AKL on 5/6/14. Flight was late leaving Adelaide, we had to run to our next gate after passport control, we were the last people on the flight. We did not get our exit row seats which had been paid for at time of booking, staff were miserable, food average, our luggage did not arrive until 27 hours later. Very poor service, we will not travel with this airline again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  5 June 2014 by N De Guzman    (Australia)

Perth-Sydney-Perth. They didn't even provide a pillow and a blanket for these flights unlike Qantas who provided a pillow and blanket. The complimentary food from Perth to SYD was not that good, there was just quiche and a muffin. When flying back to Perth, the flight attendant saw me with lots of luggage but didn't manage to help me. I would fly Qantas next time.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Sullivan James    (Australia)

Brisbane-Sydney-Brisbane in the last week. Great service all round including opportunity to check luggage 3 hours before flights. Delay with return flight fully explained by the cockpit.( no fault of Virgin). Cabin crew friendly and professional both ways and ground staff excellent.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Williams    (Australia)

BNE-ADL, checked in 90 mins before flight time, my eldest son was row 13, my youngest son row 14 and myself row 22. They did manage to get me sitting next to my eldest prior to takeoff. What's with the rope across business class? Two crew members for the whole of economy, serving a choice of tea, coffee, juice or water. No food provided, $7 for dreadful beer, $4 for chips. Last time with VA.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 May 2014 by H Spud    (Australia)

LAX to Brisbane last week. Fantastic service. Great crew comfort and meals were great. Boeing 777 presented in a beautiful clean and well fitted out. I will never fly Qantas to the USA again. Virgin offer a fantastic service at a much cheaper price.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEL-BNE and MEL-SYD return. All flights pretty well on time. Priority boarding a bonus for frequent flyers and lounges in all airports were excellent. All flights in economy and served a snack with tea, coffee, water or juice. WiFi streaming for entertainment is a bonus, though when you fly a lot the choice is somewhat limited. SYD-MEL leg arrived at airport 2 hours before flight and was offered a seat on a flight just about to depart which made life a lot easier. Check in staff very good and efficient. Cabin crew pleasant on all fights and they seem to enjoy their work.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  26 May 2014 by J Wyatt    (Australia)

I recently had a trip booked and paid for with this airline from Rockhampton to Brisbane. We had plenty of time to get from Rockhampton to Brisbane for our connecting flight to Bangkok. The afternoon before our planned flight Virgin sent a TEXT message stating our flight was changed with no further details provided. When I called Virgin I discovered they had placed us on a much, much later flight meaning we would miss our flight to Bangkok by several hours. Virgin made no attempt to rectify this issue. I then had to drive 8 hours to Brisbane and was initially told I would not receive a refund! After over 2 weeks the airline finally contacted me back and told me I was lucky to receive a refund and it would take up to 12 weeks to process this. It has been over 3 weeks since the flight was cancelled (by Virgin) and I am still yet to receive a refund for this flight. Virgin customer service is the worst I have ever come across - their attitude towards customer satisfaction is disgraceful.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by B Cockel    (USA)

Beware of this airlines baggage fee practices! Their on line policy states that you may "pay a higher rate" if. You don't purchase an extra bag in advance. What they actually mean is 120 AUD versus 48. They also tried to charge us an extra 120 AUD on top of the 120 because one bag was 2KG overweight. 2KG - until we brought a manager in and told him this was outrageous. We were traveling to Fiji from Brisbane with scuba gear, a common practice. I don't mind paying extra bag fees per se, only the way they tried to triple them in a deceptive manner at the gate. Beyond that, the food was the worst I've had in a long time, the food service disorganized and the scheduled departure 20 minutes late with no alert or explanation.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by John Kneijber    (Australia)

OOL-SYD-OOL on B737-800. Virgin lounge at Gold Coast was very busy. Usual selection of food & drinks available. Lounge in Sydney very spacious and not busy. The premium entry facility at Sydney is brilliant. So convenient if you only have carry- on. Priority boarding was a breeze. Seats on board are standard domestic business class seats and comfortable for a short flight. The stand out for this airline is the staff. The attendants serving in the business class cabin on both legs were excellent. Good to see the quality of the food has improved since our last flight.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Alan Coles    (New Zealand)

My wife and I flew Virgin Australia VA 149 Boeing 737 800 Auckland to Melbourne on Anzac day April 25th. Plane clean, flight left on time, arrived on time. Cabin crew good, in Melbourne the attendant got our bags out of overhead lockers, then stood in aisle holding back other passengers so we could exit our seats. Plenty of room in seats, only two used out of three, Second time we have flown Virgin, both flights were good, will use them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 May 2014 by B Vincent    (Australia)

I flew Perth - Albany over the Easter break. I was looking forward to spending 2 full days with friends, but a few days before departure Virgin informed me that instead of the evening flight I would need to take the lunchtime flight. OK these things happen, but when I actually checked in the attendant told me the evening flight was operating and had plenty of spare seats! Apparently quite a few other pax were bumped that day too. When I lodged an inquiry with "Customer Care" I was told "After further investigation, I can confirm that your flight was revised due to operational requirements and we regrettably had no other option but to reschedule your service." What a load. I couldn't complain about the actual flights, the Fokker 50s are ageing but in good condition, and flights were on time. Virgin's policy on in-flight refreshments is confusing to say the least - some routes get a free meal, others not, in Western Australia "some flights" get one but they don't say which. We got light refreshments, but any extras had to be paid in cash (not credit card as stated in the menu). It's like they want to be seen as a full-service carrier but can't fully let go of the budget airline ethos - I just wish they'd get their story clear.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Plug    (Australia)

Travelled from Launceston to Perth via Melbourne, May 6 2014. As usual, email and text reminders re departure were spot-on. Check-in and boarding at LST were smooth and efficient, announcements clear and accurate. Departure was exactly on time, flight uneventful, until flight got stuck in a holding pattern for 40+ minutes before landing at Melbourne due to runway incident. Departure from Melbourne was also delayed, relevant announcements were clear, accurate and informative. Flight to Perth in older B737, no seatback screens and the seatback/headrest adjustment was not working properly (essential for taller passengers), which made for uncomfortable flight (not my usual experience, BTW). Bags were waiting by the time we reached the baggage claim area - incredibly quick, even by Virgin's standards. All staff were very professional - efficient, friendly and extremely helpful. All round, not quite up to Virgin Australia's usual high standards, but by no means unsatisfactory.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 May 2014 by L Carter    (Australia)

VA23, MEL-LAX, Premium (11 H) connecting from OOL. Luggage checked entire way through, had to pick up express boarding pass in MEL (not sure if comes with premium or not, I'm a Platinum FF). Cabin was practically full, with only a couple of seats spare. Plenty of legroom, although the 2 heights that the footrest sits at doesn't make it overly comfortable, the seat width difference is definitely noticeable vs domestic economy. Amenities bag comes with socks, eye mask, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, tissues and a pen (which is more than I can say for SQ business). Headphones provided are noise blocking - and they definitely work. Every meal had tomato and cheese in it, which was not only a little disappointing but seriously lacking in originality, the chicken was nice and tender though once I scraped the tomato off! Breakfast (scrambled eggs) was so/so, the bacon the only redeeming factor in a pretty lacklustre meal. Inflight entertainment (RED) didn't have a massive choice. The best bit would have to be the service. From the FA's to the pilots keeping us up to date on delays, could not have asked for better - the staff are definitely what make flying Virgin Australia a happy experience! I used points to upgrade, not sure if I'd pay for Premium outright, but using points, or paying for an upgrade last minute on a return leg is worth it.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  25 April 2014 by J Miles    (Australia)

VA824, 22 April, SYD-MEL on 737-800 and return on VA849, 24 April also on 737-800. Both flights on time. Check in at Sydney was quite long, I had arrived only 45 minutes prior to departure but had checked in on mobile and received my boarding pass at the Guest Service Desk in no time. Plane OK in cleanliness. Excellent legroom and recline. Included tea/coffee/water/juice and muffin as snack. Return flight was on a refurbished 737 with wireless in flight entertainment. I did not use so cannot comment. Seats possibly the most comfortable I have ever experienced on any airline, domestic and international. Could not ask for more legroom or recline. Crew excellent, combination of youthful and older cabin crew. Flight down to Melbourne were all 40/50+ and could have been more hospitable. Another great flight with my preferred airline. Again booked within 7 days of departure and was the same rate as if I had booked 6 months earlier.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melbourne-Brisbane on 737-800. Flight to Brisbane left ahead of schedule from the gate however hampered by Melbourne traffic control took off about 10 mins behind schedule. Kept informed by flight crew as to the situation but arrived in Brisbane on time, Seat 4D was fine and no one on middle seat. Used WIFI streaming to watch a movie and served a "snack" which was fine. Bris-Melb was a totally different flight when upgraded to Business Class and was the only passenger in the cabin but not surprising as it was Easter Sunday. Was offered juice or water prior to take off and after we had levelled out an excellent lamb curry and a decent red wine were served. Landed in Melbourne on time and luggage was delivered promptly. I might add the service at check in was great at Brisbane, friendly and cheerful.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Michael Brien    (Australia)

Darwin to Melbourne. The problems started when our flight was rescheduled (not cancelled) from 21st April to 22nd April. This was after we had spent the afternoon at the airport. Told to be back at the airport on 22nd and that check-in would open at 11am for our 2pm flight. We were then put up at the airport hotel. We were given $50 per person to cover dinner and breakfast at an airport hotel! Arrived back at the airport on 22nd at 10am due, we waited until 11am but no staff members arrived. Contacted Virgin via the customer relations number only to be told that our fight was leaving at 3.30 pm and that we wouldn't be able to check our bags until 90 minutes before the flight. Customer relations were no help. When staff finally returned at 12pm they were rude and refused to deal with any of the issues. They made no attempt to make any enquiries and stated that we were not entitled to food vouchers as the flight had not be cancelled but only rescheduled (24 hours). I understand that aircraft faults occur but the lack of communication and rudeness was unacceptable.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne-Sydney-Townsville-Brisbane and Melbourne over the Easter break on their Embraer 190 and 737-800 services. All flights were excellent and with friendly and hard working crews. We had engineering problems with an Embraer jet from Townsville to Brisbane and was transferred to another jet on the tarmac. Unfortunately, our connections to Melbourne from Brisbane was not smooth, but we did gladly wait 3 hours in the Virgin Lounge to await our 3 delay. Overall, was well handled and especially with the Easter rush to get everybody home safely. Well Done Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  22 April 2014 by W Coulton    (Australia)

PER-SYD-PER Easter long weekend. Both flights A330-200. A330 for the flight to Sydney had a broken APU, so had no ground air conditioning until engines started. It was a sauna until 20 minutes into the flight. Obviously old video system, individual screens, but continuous loop (not AVOD) with poor vision and sound. Food OK and complimentary beer/wine. Return flight much newer A330 with good AVOD. Once again food fine and sufficient, along with beer/wine. Significantly less legroom on this aircraft. Check-in for both flights was OK despite being busy days, but check-in staff could show some enthusiasm for the job or find another one. The biggest disappointment was the lack of even a casual smile from any of the cabin crew, except when first entering each aircraft. After that it was glum faces for the entire flight. The odd smile makes the journey go so much better for both passengers and crew. I normally fly QF, but gave VA a go this time based not only on price/schedule, but also looking for an alternative to QF for regular travel needs. VA did not stand out as any better than QF I'm afraid. All they proved was that either airline is the same, so price and schedule will be all that determines my loyalty now, rather than having a true preference.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Graham Brown    (Australia)

Sydney to Gold Coast. Early afternoon flight mid week. Quick check in. Long queue to board aircraft, only one staff member scanning boarding passes. People impatient, some queue jumpers caused arguments amongst passengers. All in all just poor form from VA when they should be managing their customers better. Staff on board robotic but friendly. My first time with VA. I would recommend VA only if QF flight not available.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 April 2014 by J Flitton    (Australia)

11th April, Sydney to Melbourne, VA9900. Return: Melbourne to Sydney, VA883. I am absolutely appalled at how bad this airline is. Flights are cancelled and rescheduled all the time. You cannot rely on them at all. The check in queues are ridiculously long, they must be understaffed. You need to allow at least 2 hours to check in for a domestic flight. I would advise using any other airline but this one for internal flights in Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 April 2014 by D Scott    (Australia)

Attempt at service falls short. Flying ATR 72 from Moranbah to Brisbane. Staff made no acknowledgement of me boarding and during flight, snack was tiny, toilet was filthy, really stank with yellow stains. Compared with rival, seats are not comfortable and the flight is slow.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Warren Stanborough    (Australia)

We flew business class from Sydney to Denpasar, 14 April. The cabin supervisor looked after the business class section (5 passengers). She was very professional and friendly, the lunch was adequate (2 choices, hot or cold) and the wines satisfactory. Then cabin supervisor also ensured that the forward toilet was used by business class passengers only. Although some previous posters complained about the lack of a foot rest, for a 6 hour daylight flight the Virgin business class product is quite acceptable and well priced.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Mark Ferguson    (Australia)

LAX-BNE-MEL Business cabin flight from LAX to MEL via BNE, Cabin crew on both legs of the flight were excellent, couldn't have been more attentive or helpful. Long Haul business class is comfortable and entertainment options are good. A real contrast to the Virgin America BOS-LAX flight which preceded it, which featured the most unhelpful and rude cabin crew ever experienced. Overall I would highly recommend VA for the trip to LA and beyond.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 April 2014 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

On a recent from between MEL and BNE return (on VA 333 and VA 354 respectively), I found that Virgin Australia met all the expectations of a good domestic airline. These included, an on-time service, good IFE (using their 'wireless in-flight entertainment' system), helpful FAs' and a clean interior. Hence, as a regular passenger on this Virgin Australia, I do not hesitate in recommending it to others.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 April 2014 by S Ball    (New Zealand)

This is the second very negative experience I've been part of with this airline. The Dunedin to Brisbane (on both counts) flight, the staff are appalling, far from helpful and polite. Treatment received is horrible and generally makes flying difficult. I do not recommend this flight to anyone. I would rather pay extra to fly with anyone else!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  10 April 2014 by J Graham    (USA)

My wife and I will never fly with Virgin Australia again. We have always found Virgin Atlantic to be great so we decided to fly to Bali with Virgin Australia. I noticed straight away as we sat down that there were no inseat entertainment systems. When I asked a crew member they said we needed to bring an iphone or iPad to watch their inflight entertainment. This policy is ridiculous. So if you have children you may need to bring 3 of 4 iPads for each member of your family for a 9 hour flight? Ridiculous. This airline was cheaper but I'm happy to pay extra for entertainment and better service. This is a budget airline with rude staff.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Bronwyn Hughs    (Australia)

SYD-CNS, 30/3/14. Once again happy with the flight and service. I found the seats and leg room a tad better than Qantas which I flew down on. The cabin crew were friendly and did well with the overseas tourists who had trouble understanding the meaning of the seatbelt sign! The menu has improved since my last flight with more options/variety. Overall happy with the flight and the standard of service is what I have come to expect from this airline.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melbourne to Adelaide and return in one day. Efficient and pleasant check-in in Melbourne and offered boarding pass for return journey that evening. Flight to Adelaide left right on time and the aircraft offered the wi-fi entertainment system. Landed just ahead of schedule and crew were very good. Return flight delayed due a crewing issue but advised by text and email. Arrived at airport and settled into the lounge. Flight called and departed a little later than we thought but we were kept informed whilst waiting and on board again the tech crew apologised for the delay. Served a "snack" which was very good and crew again were on the ball.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Julie Horwood    (Australia)

Traveled 26th March, Brisbane to Proserpine impossible to land, returned to Brisbane. Staff handled situation with great concern for our welfare. Virgins choice of accommodation - Ibis hotel, transfers and meals - great job. First time flyers with Virgin and will fly them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Alan Bone    (Australia)

Flight 482, MCY-SYD. 27th March 2014. Flight was cancelled over an hour after scheduled departure. Poor communication. No food vouchers. After the diverted flight had gone to an alternate airport we were told we had to take a flight the following day. No compensation at all. Had to find a hotel at great expense. Jetstar flights continued to arrive and take off. I was told that was due to superior airbus Aircraft, Apparently 737s can't operate into airports in bad weather. Their communication with passengers was poor. Well we will now will go back to Qantas/Jetstar.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Liam Murphy    (USA)

LAX-MEL Boeing 777-300ER JET. In the airport they said we were flying out of Terminal 3, but it turned out we were leaving from Tom Bradley International Terminal. At the gate, they put us on a bus, and when it got moving, they turned off the lights which made the bus completely dark. The bus took us to Terminal 3 were we had to wait in a line for 30 minutes on a concrete ramp with no were to sit down. Then we went in the thing that takes you onto the plane. The crew was very friendly, the set quality good, and free in-flight entertainment. They served dinner very soon, but I didn't have any. They had a self service snack bar with water, soda, and chips. Then they dimmed the lights so everyone could sleep, which lasted until breakfast time. I didn't have the hot breakfast, but I saw it looked terrible. It was some cakey thing with baked beans. The rest of the breakfast was good, though. When we landed everything was fine. I would rather fly Qantas because of the thing in LAX, but would fly with Virgin Australia if I had to. I have to admit, I liked Virgin Australia's cabin quality better than Qantas's cabin.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 March 2014 by C Miller    (Australia)

BNE-PER. A330-200. Seat 1K. Travelled in the newer 2x2x2 seating configuration with the upgraded seats. Everything top notch, great selection on the IFE. Business cabin half full - service was pretty exceptional.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by O Handyside    (Fiji)

NAN-BNE-NAN was a pleasant experience indeed. Clean aircraft, great service and excellent food out of NAN. Friendly crew and safety before OTP.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  12 March 2014 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

SYD-MEL, (VA 834). The flight was great, from the attentive service to the comfortable seating to the on-time arrival. Even though we flew in an Embraer 190 which is smaller than the commonly used 737-800 for this route, the service was not compromised.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne-Hobart return on B737s. Both flights were smooth and pleasant. The online check-in and airport bag drop were easy and quick; the seat was comfortable (a little tighter on the return flight) and the service was friendly. The flight to Hobart left 20 mins late and arrived 10 mins late; the return flight left 15 mins late and arrived 5 mins late. Our case appeared on the carousel quite quickly at both ends.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melb-Adel-Melb-Brisbane-Melb. 3 flights on 737-800 aircraft and 1 flight on Embraer 190. All flights on time and very comfortable. Service was great with very good cabin crew. Snack served in flight was either cheese and biscuits or a spicy salsa dip with chips. Offered juice or water on all flights. Embraer 190 remains a favourite as I was allocated front row of economy which almost has as much leg room as business class. Overall another very satisfactory series of flights and the streaming wifi on the 737 aircraft is great.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  5 March 2014 by E McDaniel    (Australia)

SYD-PER. 21st Feb. Plane used was probably the oldest and dirtiest 737 I had ever seen. Plane completely packed, why was an Airbus not used instead? No point boasting about coast-to-coast A330 services when we had to spend 5 very long hours in packed plane with no working seatback IFE. Luckily I had downloaded the wireless streaming app but plenty of other disgruntled passengers did not. Could not upgrade to Business cabin despite the load being 4/8. Sydney lounge was very nice however.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 March 2014 by L McNamara    (Australia)

Flying from Launceston to Canberra connecting via Melbourne we were very surprised at not being able to purchase any food on the flight - only option was chic chip cookies which when arriving in Canberra for meetings so after lunch time was not considered a suitable option! Why are healthy substantive food choices not available for purchase?