Virgin Australia Passenger Reviews and Virgin Australia Customer Trip Reports

Virgin Australia Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Ethan Raadley    (Australia)

SYD-LAX. Staff didn't look properly trained, but they were nice and funny! My food was excellent, especially the desert! I had upgraded the day before and it was great! We got headsets, more recline, more legroom. A tidy and good looking cabin! Thanks a lot Virgin Australia!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Melbourne - Canberra. Excellent service on an E190. Check in staff were particularly helpful and friendly and allowed me a free of charge last minute change when I told them that I had come from Europe at 04.30. (I had a non refundable non changeable ticket), I had left glasses on the previous flight and they were prepared to change back if that was what I needed to recover the glasses free of charge. The flight left on time and landed about 10 minutes early. I had seat 3A so had plenty of legroom. They managed to serve a basic snack and for such a short flight there was no inflight entertainment (this was as expected). The seat was comfortable and passengers were disembarked quickly. Despite being one of the first off the plane my luggage was waiting for me on the carousal. All in all an excellent experience from check in to luggage collection.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEL-SYD return. 737-800 aircraft which were clean and tidy. Flight to Sydney left right on time and the aircraft featured the new wi-fi entertainment system which worked brilliantly on my IPad. Had pre-booked seat 3D in the front row of economy so plenty of leg-room and enjoyed a Luke Mangan sandwich which was very good. Return flight was delayed due late arrival of aircraft from Melbourne and the staff kept us well informed as to the new departure time. Sydney can be chaotic and we actually took off 1 hour behind schedule after sitting on the taxi- way for a good 20 mins however flight crew kept us informed as to where we were in the queue for take-off. Served a salad and water which were very good and landed nearly 50 mins later than scheduled. Overall very good flights!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by P Haddon    (Australia)

BNE-MEL return, 11 and 14 Sep on 737-800. Both flights were excellent (slight take off delay in BNE due to air traffic build up). Flight down, good service, friendly smiles and personal AVOD. Everyone in good spirits and very friendly. Strange that on return no AVOD or iPods offered, no big deal but thought it was same plane configuration. Return trip was fabulous. FA's heard it was my birthday and made a fuss. Flight left and arrived on time - clean and tidy plane, comfortable seats and leg room OK on these short flights. Am heading to Hobart soon via Virgin. Stars for Entertainment could not be scored higher as there was none on the return leg.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  14 September 2013 by J Corby    (Australia)

We flew on 4th September, left Brisbane at 7.25am flying direct to Queenstown NZ. We booked a direct flight as flying with a 6 and 7 year old can be challenging expecting to land at 1pm. With weather becoming a problem when landing we were diverted to Christchurch. Thinking at this stage we would refuel (as the pilot said fuel was low) and attempt landing later as we were informed that planes were landing only 1 hour after. Virgin put the passengers on what was like a school bus for 7 hours and drove to Queenstown. Conditions were poor as weather was not any better. The bus was cold no food was offered we had 1 stop and could only get small amounts of food. Which was at our expense also a taxi to our apartment at our expense. Arrived in our apartment at 10pm that night. Would never fly with Virgin again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  13 September 2013 by K Kirkwood    (Australia)

Arrived back from Bali to Brisbane, 13 September 2013 on VA 4198. Honestly the cabin crew made this the flight from hell. From the surly looks all night to the announcement that Passport Control Arrival Cards will be distributed shortly - the cards that never came, to the never ending line of 240 people going to the only two toilets available in economy class - I've had it with Virgin. If you run out of arrival cards, make another announcement that you made a mistake and didn't collect enough of them when you left Brisbane. When a passenger asks "I didn't receive the card", don't blame the people of Bali "We asked for more, but Bali wouldn't give us any". Pick up your act Virgin Australia, nobody likes night shift, smile, you're lucky it's only a short flight.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  10 September 2013 by L Cook    (Australia)

BNE-DPS. Cabin crew were rude. Hired Ipads were useless as the headphones didn't really work so you couldn't hear a thing. Staff only interested in Business customers. Couldn't get a drink of water or purchase bottled water, I had to ask a few times to refill my cup of water and the crews seemed really annoyed that I asked for a few refills so I ended up going to thirsty for the last few hours of the trip. Lines to the toilets went half way up the cabin as there is only two toilets on the aircraft which is a disaster if your traveling with little kids and unsympathetic and rude cabin crew. You do get a meal on board which is good but if your a vegetarian it's first in best dressed. I'd say take your own water, food and entertainment on board. The crew are incredibly rude but if you don't need to ask anything of them you should be fine. It's a cheap flight, you get what you pay for I guess.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 August 2013 by G Wilson    (Australia)

Melbourne - Phuket via Perth flying Business class. What a rip off! In saying that though the Melbourne to Perth leg was excellent. No complaints at all. Everything a business class should be. Perth to Phuket was horrible. There was nothing business class about it. The seats had no leg rests and the recline was minimal. The food was average and this was the first time we have ever been on a business class flight without champagne! It must also be pointed out that the entertainment system was useless. Not only was the movie selection poor but it was impossible to watch a movie because the audio was so poor.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Went on a 2 day business trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and back to Melbourne and flew VA's 737-800 services. The crew on both sectors were excellent. Aircraft interiors are comfortable and the mood lighting is relaxed and easy on the eye. Both departures and arrivals were on time and with informative and up to date announcements from the cockpit. I have more interstate travel to the west over the coming weeks and will definitely return to VA. Well Done.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  30 August 2013 by M Brien    (Australia)

My wife and I flew return economy from Melbourne to Auckland in August 2013. Very comfortable and clean aircraft. More legroom then Qantas or Jetstar. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout the flight. Check in was easy with no issues at either Melbourne or Auckland.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  29 August 2013 by P Lavery    (Australia)

On 6 August 2013, Virgin Australia experienced their second major system malfunction in four weeks. I was flying for work, and had two flights cancelled, meaning I hung around at the airport about 4 hours, eventually having to take a flight the next morning. Being stuck overnight away from home, Virgin Australia refused to book me a hotel or give me vouchers for a taxi to get to a place to stay. They told me to my face 'you are not a highly valued customer'. When I asked if I did not matter at all, the member of ground staff told me that she didn't know how to explain their policy. The loss of about 6 hours of my time should have been avoidable. The booking system had gone down, surely a major airline should have an efficient backup - but no, they don't. They really don't seem to care about their customers at all. Avoid if possible.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  29 August 2013 by H Hagen    (Australia)

We have travelled with Virgin domestic extensively, but last week chose to travel Brisbane to Auckland. Did not realise that unlike domestic, fare structure is different. Saver means just that. 7kg carry-on. No food on the haul across the Tasman. We were offered tea/coffee. We were told there was no food to purchase. My husband is a diabetic and it was fortunate that we had pre-purchased a sandwich at the airport due to delay in embarking. Left home 9am for flight 12.30. Lift-off was late, and arrival a little late. 9 hours with just a pre-purchased sandwich between us. To put it bluntly, this did not leave a good taste in our mouths. During the previous 3 months we had travelled extensively with Emirates and British Airways, and were always fed and watered, whether a couple of hours in the air or longer. There was always food to purchase. Come on Virgin - you can do better than that across the Tasman.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne - Hobart & vv. On the outward journey the E190 operated about 30 mins late, and the return B737 operated on time. The departure gate in Melbourne was changed but passengers in the original lounge were not notified until 10 mins before boarding time. Otherwise the flights were smooth. Both seats were comfortable and the crews were pleasant.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Sarah Yap    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney to Nadi (Fiji). The flight left on time and arrived on time. Cabin crew were excellent, tablets were available for added cost and had good choice of TV shows/movies. Seats were comfortable and complimentary head seats were given. In my humble opinion, virgin is the preferred choice of airline especially for short international to the pacific and domestic.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  22 August 2013 by L Lacis    (Australia)

I recently flew return with Virgin to Denpasar, cost was definitely not cut rate but service and their flight offer was very low rate! Not impressed at all, no in flight entertainment available for purchase or otherwise-was told they are doing a trial on in-flight entertainment (ie must mean none). Staff were very focused on the few business class passengers but we got stilted dis-interested service. On my return flight which was in the night meal was stodgy beef and not enough water offered-saw crew busy dosing with eye masks on. Will never willingly fly Virgin again!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 August 2013 by John Kirkbride    (Australia)

Sydney to Perth and onto Phuket via business class. Plane and flight to Perth was very good, food and service excellent and seat very good. From Perth to Phuket, may as well have gone with an upgraded economy seat on Air Asia and saved money. Seats are small, no business area, just a rod across the seats. Service ok, food average. Return was the same with exception that the flight was cancelled with little notice and no help whatsoever to find accommodation or rebook anything. On the way home small plane to Perth then big one so Sydney, 9 passengers and ran out of entrees, no inflight TV screens worked in business class. Overall wasted money in this class.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEL-BNE-MEL. Both flights on 737 aircraft which were clean and well presented. MEL-BNE delayed slightly due late arrival of aircraft from Brisbane but they turned it around very quickly and we left around 20 mins late. Was assigned seat 3A with plenty of leg-room. Was on a felxi-fare so was offered a sandwich and water. For return flight used one of my upgrades as was assigned seat 1A. Service was outstanding with excellent food and seating. Cabin crew were on the ball for the whole flight. 2 areas which do need addressing. The Virgin lounge in Brisbane was full to overflowing, but the dress standards of some of the people leave a lot to be desired. At times I felt I was in a portable building at a building site!! And the silly earpieces which are provided with the Samsung tablet are virtually useless, they need better earpieces of noise-cancelling headsets. Next time I will bring my own. Overall a great couple of flights.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Raymond D'Lima    (Australia)

Sydney to Los Angeles on 22nd July 2013 with my wife and 10 year old son who has Downs Syndrome. We were seated in seats 43 A,B and C. The check in procedure was fantastic and the flight left on time. We were served a round of refreshments and soon after that dinner. The two choices were both tasty and filling. We asked for a child's meal for my son and even though we had not pre-ordered it, were given one. While it didn't look very appetizing (and my son is very fussy), he ate it all without complaint. The in-flight entertainment was fantastic and kept us all occupied. The seats were adequate and we were content. Despite our itinerary showing only dinner served on the flight, we were served snacks (chicken/egg wraps) midway through the trip and they were delicious. The snack bar was well stocked with soft drinks and chips for those wishing for a nibble en route. 2 hours before landing we were served with breakfast which was again tasty and filling. The cabin crew were extremely helpful all the way through and helped make the flight a real pleasure. The flight arrived early and we were totally satisfied with our experience. Will always choose Virgin Australia for our future flights.