Virgin Australia Passenger Reviews and Virgin Australia Customer Trip Reports

Virgin Australia Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Liz Ritchie    (Australia)

I just flew with Virgin Australia from Brisbane to Los Angeles. It was my first time flying international with Virgin and I have to admit I was a little worried. Turns out I was very impressed with Virgin and they are now the best airline I have flown with international. The plane was nice, new and very comfortable. There seemed to be a little more leg room than the other airlines I have flown with. The food was lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The seats were very comfortable and the onboard entertainment was great. I would recommend flying with them to anyone and I will have no hesitation in booking an international flight with them again.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 December 2013 by J Miles    (Australia)

Sydney to Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore), and return four days later. Check in staff excellent, very speedy, ignored my overweight cabin baggage. Left on time, free tea/coffee/water and seat selection. Clean aircraft, screen on seatback with 20 live Foxtel channels. Cabin crew good. Return check in staff were excellent, fast and didn't weigh my bags, cabin crew excellent, clean plane again with Foxtel on seatback. I didn't realise you couldn't pay with a debit card, only credit card, after ordering sandwich and chocolate, I said never mind, ordered tea instead. Received the tea and then given the chocolate bar for free. At their price, for in flight entertainment, free refreshment and cheaper than Qantas, it is no wonder Virgin is the preferred choice. Would fly again in a heartbeat. Cannot fault. Plus lots of legroom, and I am tall!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  21 December 2013 by P Paterson    (USA)

Our flight from LAX to SYD was great, but after we connected, our bags did not arrive in Auckland. And since them, Virgin Australia has been just terrible. We landed over four days ago, but still don't have our bags. They've actually been found in Sydney, but still not "processed" to be sent to Auckland. Terrible customer service from their baggage department.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Steph Hunter    (Australia)

The crew were excellent! Due to storms, the flight was cancelled as the plane had not left Auckland and there were no other available flights that day to Auckland. Virgin Australia dealt with the situation very well, they were updating us frequently and handing out refreshment vouchers. They quickly taxied us all down to Brisbane (there was no available accommodation in Coolangatta) and booked us into a hotel and gave us a free $50 voucher for hotel food. We were flown from Coolangatta airport the next day after being bussed down to Coolangatta. Would definitely recommend. Virgin were easy to deal with, very polite and even though there were delays, flying with virgin was an enjoyable experience.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Melb-Sunshine Coast Return. Both flights on 737 aircraft. Was lucky enough to travel Business Class on both legs and found the experience outstanding. Flight from Melbourne was delayed due late inbound aircraft but was turned around very quickly. Greeted by name when seated and offered juice or water prior to take-off and after we had reached cruise was offered an excellent "snack" of a toasted sandwich along with tea or coffee. Flight landed about 20 mins behind schedule but we were on holidays so no fuss. Return flight was just as good with excellent service both on the ground and in the air. The WiFi streaming was available on both flights and offered a great array of movies and music. In all terrific flights with great crew.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  16 December 2013 by A Kattula    (Australia)

Booked connecting flights MEL-SYD-OOL and OOL-ADL-MEL with 3-4 hour stopovers in Sydney and Adelaide via Virgins website as flights were actually cheaper than direct non-stop. Had plans to do things in Sydney and Adelaide. Trip was a disaster! At check-in in Melbourne, was given another persons boarding pass despite girl checking my ID. Baggage labelled with other passengers name. I had to point error out and girl attempted to get bag retrieved. Promised it had been fixed. Luckily other passenger also going to Gold Coast as on arrival bag not on carousel. Found it at baggage services still with other passengers name on it. Meant I spent 45 minutes waiting for bag. Flight to Sydney delayed nearly an hour by fog but no delay information. No entertainment on any flight and food very poor! Has anybody actually been on a Virgin aircraft that has their mysterious entertainment system? A very small cold chicken pasta salad with a revolting chocolate mousse is not what I would call a Gourmet meal as Virgin describes it. Email then sent to my home address whilst away rebooking my flight home as direct at different time with arrival into Melbourne 5 hours before connecting bus home to regional Victoria. No phone call despite Virgin having my mobile number. Had to ring them to get flights changed. Would not put me back on flights I had booked and very insistent I flew on flight they wanted me to! Ended up being rebooked on flight via Sydney but still had to wait over 2 hours for bus. No way would they offer any compensation such as an upgrade to business class. Made to feel that it was all my fault. Sorry Virgin but you have a long way to go in Customer Service!

Virgin Australia Customer review :  13 December 2013 by T Mourgo    (Australia)

SYD-MEL, Economy. One of the worst experiences I have had. Had a death in the family and needed an earlier flight home. Got to the airport 3 hours before my flight and explained the situation. I was happy to pay any $$ difference whatever it costs to get an earlier flight. They rudely refused. They sent me to the virgin lounge to see if they could help me. They looked me up and down and realised I was a Red member only so told me sorry can't help you. I found someone else at the departure area who told me I have to call the call centre to change my flight. Here I was on hold for 25 minutes trying to get through to a Philippine call centre while I had 4 Virgin ground crew watching me and no one could change my flight. Virgin might be great in the air but their ground services are hopeless. Australia needs a full service airline that cares about its customers and offers value for money.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Overall    (Australia)

Had two economy seats booked on flight VA519 from Sydney to Gold Coast. After check in went to departure lounge and waited almost 4 hours before being advised that the flight was cancelled. We were told 4 conflicting reasons by Virgin staff why the flight was cancelled. Lies, lies and more lies. We were to attend a wedding in Byron Bay, I was due that Friday afternoon. Virgin gave us 2 choices, an 8pm flight to Brisbane or a 9.10am flight the next day to GC and no apology. We took the 9.10am flight and arrived in Byron Bay at midday. Please note Virgin Australia is completely unreliable, totally irresponsible and care nothing for their clients.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  9 December 2013 by G Boselli    (Italy)

Flew MEL-ADL, ADL-SYD, SYD-AYQ, SYD-AUH. Domestic legs: the ground staff were polite and willing to help, planes were pretty new, seats comfortable, flights on time. Flight attendants were ok. If the price is right then they are value for money. International leg: ground staff just ok, they totally lacked of knowledge on why they could check our bags only to Rome and not Florence. In the air it is a mixed bag, the hard product in economy is one of the best and our 14hrs flight to Abu Dhabi was nice, food was ok, they even had 3 options, they give you a bottle of water which you can refill throughout the flight. The flight attendants/stewards ranged from very cheery to downright rude.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  7 December 2013 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

MEK-SYD return MEL-SYD, 737-800, SYD-MEL, Embraer 190. Arrived at airport well within time for flight and was offered a seat on an earlier flight which suited me as I only had carry-on luggage. Seated in Row 3 aisle and was offered newspaper and a tablet after take-off. Service was very good and was offered tea, coffee or water from the trolley. Flight landed on time in Sydney and we were given a thorough rundown by the captain of our arrival and what views those near a window could expect. A nice touch! Return to Melbourne on a 190, love these aircraft with their 2x2 seats. Again arrived at Sydney airport early and without even asking was offered an earlier flight with an aisle seat which I accepted. With no luggage I then used the Premium Entry at Sydney airport and breezed through security in time for a quick coffee prior to boarding. Seated in Row 4. Service was great and crew very efficient.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Thomas Cunningham    (Australia)

On 9th of September, I flew on VA942 between Brisbane and Sydney. On a Boeing 737-8FE with the BSI. This was my first and last time flying VA, I was expecting the premium product like that of Qantas that VA had been advertising. I was severely disappointed. Upon check-in I discovered that VA charges extra for checked luggage. Since VA consider themselves a premium airline, I expected them to offer an all inclusive fare. Everything went downhill from the moment I boarded the aircraft, the staff were rude and condescending towards me, I was not offered the complementary Tea, Coffee of water, the steward pushed the trolley straight passed my row. Overall I was severely disappointed in the product of Virgin Australia.

Virgin Australia Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Ethan Raadley    (Australia)

The check-in was fast, the check-in staff were so polite. I was in Business and my bag was 28kg, I couldn't carry it properly so the check-in lady picked it up for me. Since we were in the curve side entrance we got direct access to the lounge and it was beautiful. The drinks and food were excellent. Onboard, the flight attendant was doing many jobs but as soon as I walked on she said 'Hello' with a smile! After take off I was instantly served delicious food and an orange-juice. I bought my laptop on-board with me and I used the WiFi service. The aircraft was modern and we had a beautiful new VA livery. This was a 2.5 hour flight from TSV to SYD.