Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Karen Gonzalez (USA)

I recently flew from LAX (Los Angeles) to LHR (London). The crew going were very upbeat and nice. The food was disgusting to say the least. Coming home checking in was not available online. My first thought should have been this won't be good because the girl at the check in desk was very unfriendly. The crew on the flight had no personality to speak of. The food was so gross they actually served a diet ice cream bar. We were in our seats like sardines. There was no leg room to speak of. I would never fly this airline again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Smith (UK)

Online check in not available. Check in with Delta who were running my Virgin flight at Seattle/Tacoma in good time, not given boarding pass for JFK to LHR leg of my journey, told I will be able to collect my boarding pass at JFK gate. Assured that my bag is checked all the way through to LHR. Arrive at gate in JFK, told there was no seat for me, told that I have a choice of flying the next day or downgrading to economy. I choose an economy seat. They did take the trouble to find me a front of cabin window seat with extra leg room –- not bad at all. Treatment by the staff was frankly comical and amateur. When the dated video-tape based entertainment system jammed on some channels after being paused by an announcement. I was told to press play (there is no play button). Eventually the system was re-started, but some of the channels had continued and some stuck in pause. The young lady next to me was to told 'Yes there is a choice, you either have it or you don't have it', in a very sarcastic tone when she enquired about breakfast options. The breakfast, by the way, contained only a small muffin and a biscuit. After 24 hours, I get a call from the bag handling department. They have still not found my bag, which did not get onto the JFK to LHR segment.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Jenkinson Ross (UK)

Was on flight VS93 to Cancun on 1st June 2013 which got re-routed to Cozumel because of bad weather. The entire passengers had a very bad experience trying to disembark for the night at Cozumel and the local authorities kept us in a small area (400+ passengers) until 2am. Because of this Virgin wrote to us and advised they would compensate us with free flight tickets. You try getting them to issue you the tickets, its a nightmare. You get directed between departments and I wonder if there are any other passenger on that flight which are having the same problem.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by S Dixon (UK)

We flew VS094 back from Cancun to Gatwick. The flight left at 7.30pm to arrive at Gatwick at 10.00am the next day including a 6 hour time difference. The moment we boarded the crew could not get us to go to sleep fast enough. Dinner, if you can call that awful mess dinner, was served immediately followed by the pre-dinner drink, (singular as no more was offered). No coffee was offered as that might keep up awake. No sooner had the plates been removed than all the lights were turned out and the crew disappeared not to be seen again until about 2 hours before we landed. I don't know what you would call what we were then served - certainly not breakfast anyway- but it was inedible. Lovely aeroplane, newly refurbished and entertainment very good - but customer service was truly awful. Never again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Scandrett (New Zealand)

A friend and I flew LAX to Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic and upgraded to exit row seats to have extra leg room. This was our 2nd of 4 long haul flights, the experience was hideous! The staff ignored us, took our carry on luggage and stowed it at the back of the plane, it may as well been checked luggage for its accessibility. The food was pathetic and not at all appealing or satisfying! The seats were narrow and uncomfortable. I will be recommending to friends and family that they don't entertain flying with Virgin Atlantic at any price as it was such a terrible experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Jennings (Australia)

My last trip with Virgin was 7 years ago and I was not impressed but thought I would give them another try thinking they must have improved - big mistake! This is the most uncomfortable trip I have had from Australia to Heathrow, UK. As a celiac I ordered a specific diet which was entirely inedible. The entertainment crashed 4 hours into the 13 hour leg and staff were completely unconcerned. They just stood around chatting. Due to no entertainment we were given a 20 voucher towards another trip only valid for UK bookings. Wish I'd read these reviews before booking. The worse part for me is that I have to return with them and am dreading it! I usually travel with either Cathay, Malaysia, Singapore or JAL and even the one China Airlines flight I took knocked huge spots off Virgin.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Gary Jackson (UK)

My experience - and certainly of some of the reviews I've read here - is that Virgin customer service is inconsistent. I've flown LHR to SFO and back 3 times now with Virgin. This time round, on VS019 outward on Sept 22 the flight itself was fine but our stewardess came across like she hated her job. Curt, abrupt and a "square peg in a round hole" I thought. I don't remember being offered a selection menu before but it all became pointless when only the vegetarian option was left. When I politely declined she said loudly "its pasta!" To avoid any issue I took it, and upon opening it, I found that whilst it may have been pasta when placed in the oven two weeks ago, the gloopy mess in front of me certainly didn't qualify for that description. The rest of the food was fine though. The return flight VS020 yesterday (Oct 9th) or 8th if you're counting departure time - was probably the best flight I've had on Virgin. The staff were all bright cheerful and made you feel that they really wanted you on board. The only stressful part was checking in at SFO where a problem with a passenger's documents held everyone up, but the lady who dealt with us was so pleasant you could feel the tension easing. Another plus was arriving an hour earlier than scheduled. One thing I don't understand. Coming back, we had the seats in front of the two we had going out, so they were to all intents and purposes identical. So why when we arrived at SFO did I almost need a wheelchair my legs hurt, but coming home I felt great? Very odd.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Tracey Steen (Australia)

The worst economy seats I have ever travelled on! My husband and I are not enormous people and we literally could have used a lubricant to 'squeeze' into our seats! We made sure we had the bulkhead seats for extra leg room, as hubby is 6 foot 3 inches tall, but unfortunately this meant the seats were minuscule. Most uncomfortable 31 hours ever spent on an airline. Staff were inattentive and we watched a single mum struggle to get her meal eaten with no help from the cabin staff at all. Other passengers had to assist her! The cleanliness of the cabin left a lot to be desired. On our return journey, we upgraded to premium economy but were place right beside the toilets! The cabin staff allowed economy passengers as well as premium economy passengers to use them, so there was a constant stream of noise all night long! All together a very disappointing trip with Virgin Atlantic! I would not recommend them to anyone! Will definitely go business class or not at all in future.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by D Moir (UK)

I am a Frequent Flyer with Virgin Atlantic Airways and always fly with them when possible. Flights always tend to be on time as scheduled. Blankets and pillows are always provided on long haul flights. Entertainment packs are also provided for kids on long haul flights. Usually I travel Premium economy when possible and the experience is great. A glass of champagne before departure, a warm towel is provided to clean your face before take off, food is of a high standard. Gigantic seats with more than enough leg room, also a foot rest. Plenty of entertainment is provided on long haul flights with various channels and games to play. the staff are also very friendly and helpful. Virgin Atlantic in my opinion is far superior to British Airways.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by G Spearman (UK)

I was somewhat apprehensive about our flight to YVR on an Airbus 340-300. OK so we only fly for vacations and so perhaps our expectations are not as high as business travellers. First impressions were favourable with boarding commencing quite early and in a most orderly fashion. We had managed to book seats 44A &C. I was immediately impressed with the amount of leg room I had and I am 6 foot! So the entertainment system wasn't on-demand but there was sufficient content to keep one occupied for the almost 10 hour flight. Food was perfectly adequate and we were fed a mid flight snack as well as lunch and tea. Couldn't really complain. Crew - very personable, helpful and cheerful. I had no complaints. Our return flight was in Premium Economy and I did manage to sleep for much of the overnight flight. All my previous comments apply and the overall experience was far better than had been anticipated reading the reviews on this site.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Y Weston (UK)

Flew MAN to LAS on 12th Sep on flight VS85. I thought the seats were surprisingly comfortable after reading all the bad reviews. We were at the back of the plane and they ran out of meal options, only curry left, which my husband doesn't like. On the way back, before the meal was served, I asked if they could reserve him a beef meal and sure enough one turned up for him before everybody else got served. But the portions were small. The entertainment system was quite good. Overall, a good experience, would fly with Virgin Atlantic again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Jonathan Bailey (UK)

Flew LGW-MCO-LGW April 2013 and overall a very good experience. Booked seat online 90 days before, however at twilight check-in at LGW told seats couldn't honoured (party of 10) but check-in staff did manage to get us all together (although it was the last row of aircraft). Twilight check in is a real bonus, as the following morning meant we just had to clear passport control/security. The outbound flight was good, and although at the back of the aircraft except for a bit of a whiff from the toilets, there was more that enough room and were able to get up and chat to others in party without disturbing anyone. The upgraded 747's at LGW are superb, and the seatback entertainment is amazing, it kept 4 kids quiet the whole way there :) The meals aren't great, but it breaks up the flight. On the return 4 of the party upgraded to Premium Economy which they were really impressed with, some nice touches as well such as co italics and toiletry set. The other 6 were in economy upstairs, which if you can get this cabin in great. Same seats as downstairs, but a quieter cosy cabin. All in all couldn't fault Virgin from LGW especially with the upgraded aircraft.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax