Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by K Kirschbaum (Ireland)

We travelled from Dublin to Cancun on 21st September. The experience was so bad that I don't even know where to start. We travelled with infant and 4 year old. Firstly on check in they put my 4 year old child sitting on her own. Then we were left sitting on the plane for hour and half before it took off. No explanations. While we were waiting to take off no water was served. It was very hot onboard. When we finally took off the service started. We just wanted to sleep. So they gave us the menus and served the drink. I asked the girl could I get 2 drinks and she said no problem. When my partner asked for 2 drinks he was told they are only allowed to serve 1 at a time. We only asked for 2 drinks and that was it. After an argument she finally gave my partner another drink. The food was disgusting. Since I was travelling with an infant we got a so called bassinet. It was more like cardboard box with straps around it. It was very unsafe. I will never fly with them again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by James Griffin (UK)

This trip in 2013 (October) was the first time I have redeemed any of my flying club miles. I found the customer service staff on the phone very helpful when looking to book my flight. I originally only upgraded on the return flight due to the number of miles I had. When I enquired as to the cost of upgrading on the outward flight he did try to sell me a one way upgrade for 1400 GBP. He made no mention of purchasing additional flying club miles. The only negative I found with the customer services. On arrival at the airport I enquired again about purchasing an upgrade. This time the very helpful check in assistant did mention it. I then purchased an additional 10000 flying club miles for 165GBP and upgraded to upper class. The clubhouse was fantastic. As soon as I had finished my drink I was asked if I would like another. Staff taking my food order were very friendly, helpful and attentive. Upon boarding the cabin crew were very welcoming and provided me with a glass of champagne straight away. They were very helpful and friendly. There were numerous cabin crew members that I encountered, they even knew my name and regularly referred to me as Mr (surname). On returning to my seat I made a request to a cabin crew member and asked for a plaster, without even asking my seat number etc she provided a selection of plasters for me to keep, finding me at my seat without any issues. The food on board was better quality than I have received at many restaurants. I only have two areas for improvement and these, to some extent are out of the control of VA. 1) The age of the entertainment system. I flew on an airbus A340-600 and the entertainment system resembled something out of the 1980's. A controller on a wire with a very ancient appearance. The films and programmes however were up to date. 2) The lack of a power point for charging a device. I had read up prior to my flight and found the website to say that there were power pints for charging. This was not the case on the aircraft. Nothing the crew could have done about either of these. I have the return flight tomorrow (5/11/13). Hope it's just as good. I had pre booked by seat upstairs on the 747 in the sleep zone. Bit disappointed that the aircraft has had a last minute change to an A340-600. Hopefully it will be just as good and quiet.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by R Brown (UK)

Flew LHR-JFK return mid October with Virgin, premium economy. I've used Virgin a bit over the last few years in Upper but this was my first experience of the premium economy cabin. As a bit of a caveat, absolutely love some of the upper class gripes, ultimately this is a unique product with the herringbone seating, for heavens sake do your research before flying guys, if you like regular business seating use someone else! Outbound on slightly tired 747 (Tinkerbell), cabin crew however very good, food good and entertainment also had a decent amount of choices even if the screens themselves were slightly behind the times. Return flight delayed almost 2 hours, after having arrived at the airport early anyway this wasn't ideal. Spoke to Virgin ground staff who immediately moved me to the earlier flight without charge - fantastic service. Return was on an a340-600 (Miss Behavin') and although I have my reservations, this felt a slightly enhanced overall product with a better partition between premium and regular economy including separate toilets. Food and entertainment much the same again which was good. Didn't fancy the cooked breakfast option before landing so they brought a yoghurt, fruit and warmed pastry item all of which were perfect. Overall for what was a 7hr outbound and 6hr return flight premium economy felt adequate. Seats wide and comfortable with a decent amount of recline. In my opinion not worth the large % increase to upper on this route unless of course using air miles to bridge the gap. Will be travelling the same route in a couple of months and will be glad to use Virgin Atlantic again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by T Nevill (UK)

Flew premium economy from LHR to JFK. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Very amenable and attentive cabin crew, good food and a comfortable seat. I would highly recommend.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Anne Eddy (UK)

I travelled Premium Economy to Tokyo from Heathrow and back. I have used Virgin before and been fairly happy so made a deliberate choice to do so again. I thought Premium Economy would be a better experience but how wrong I was. The seat was quite comfortable but the man in front chose to recline his seat throughout the flight. This gave me very little space and meant that the magazine holder was bumping into my legs. Also the holder was too narrow to hold much. The food was really awful. On the outward flight the starter was smoked mackerel. I took a bite and had a mouthful of bones. The chicken dish was ok but very small. Dessert chocolate gateau was nice . Entertainment was a waste of time: The only thing that worked properly was the route we were taking so I looked at that for 11 hours. Sky News would have been good but that didn't work either. I remembered Virgin cabin crew being really friendly and helpful but both outward and inward flights they were offhand and disinterested and made me feel passengers were bit of a nuisance to be dealt with as quickly as possible. This was the worst part of the flight for me. Just one more little thing: The courtesy bag of goodies I remember as being useful but it was in a peculiar grey cloth bag and contained a pen, toothbrush and a small white stick labelled "toothpaste". I hoped for a better experience with the inward flight but it was much the same and left me feeling angry that I had chosen Virgin for the trip. The extra I paid from Economy class is not worth the money. I would not fly with Virgin again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by A Hennessy (UK)

I booked my flight to Singapore with Virgin in March, as they were a code share partner with Singapore Airlines. Never again! Their customer service was bordering on rude and were very unhelpful, and failed to let me know of a schedule change they had been aware of since July, until 8 days before my trip. This caused hasty re arranged travel plans and extra expense. I couldn't check in online because it was code share, and was given probably the worst seats on the plane despite arriving at check in before it opened on both flights. Despite assurances from customer services at the time of booking, I was refused entry to their Club House at Heathrow. I was so disappointed, stressed and upset at the service I received from Virgin. I would not recommend them or use again on code share.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by A Pitchford (USA)

I flew JFK to London in Upper Class, on a business trip. Firstly, I must say that every staff member I encountered was absolutely fantastic. I've never met a nicer group, so I must say, "Well done, Virgin." My disappointment came when I got onboard, and saw the upper class seating. They were so tight, and cramped. Once you get into your seat, there is very little room on either side of the seat. There is no privacy either, with a clear partition separating the seats. In my opinion, it was an economy-sized seat. I could not really get comfortable. I have flown business class on other airlines, and the seating was roomy, comfortable, much like a Lazy-Boy. The Upper Class seats on Virgin are not worth the ridiculously-high price. Not in the least.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Andrea Tunney (UK)

Flew Manchester to Las Vegas in August this year. Could not fault the flight out. Very rapid check in. Plane clean, service impeccable, IFE very good, lots of choice and all working. Flight home was not as good but that's because the cabin crew around our section were only interested in entertaining off duty cabin crew sat in front of us. Was a night flight and had to tell them on more than one occasion to keep the noise down as passengers were trying to sleep. Also the cabin guy on this flight sat himself in the aisle to chat to his friend which was very unprofessional and annoying. Apart from that was an emptyish flight so plenty of room to spread out and took under 9 hours to get back to Manchester after being stuck on the runway in Vegas because of a storm, which was a bonus. Would definitely fly with Virgin again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Trevor Wilson (USA)

Flew VS 20 from San Francisco to London on Friday October 4, 2013, ,the flight crew were superb, one of the best flights to London I have had and I have done a lot! Lounge in San Francisco was exceptional, great service and really good food which is more than can be said for the food on the flight, it was the only down side. The pea and risotto starter was dry and starchy and the chicken was still pink inside, unable to eat it. The cheese course though was excellent. Will fly Virgin Atlantic again when I go back to England next June, wish I had tried you earlier, it really was a great flight. Keep up the great work.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by D Hodson (UK)

LHR-ORD return. Outbound flight on A330-300. Excellent IFE with many options. Food average and drinks service adequate. Inbound on A340-300. IFE poor with no AVOD, although a night flight so not too noticeable. Seats reasonably comfortable but plane showing its age. Staff on both sectors perfunctory at best. Overall a reasonable experience which doesn't quite match the professionalism/sophistication of similar flights on BA/Air France.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Merlo (USA)

On Sep 18 and Oct 7 2013 I flew with Virgin Atlantic (flights VS23 and VS24, to and from London Heathrow from Los Angeles, both Airbus A340-600). I was looking forward to flying with them, because I previously flew with Virgin America and loved the experience. Well, it wasn't quite like that. Although the onboard staff was great, the food very decent and flights smooth, my seat was not comfortable at all. Not only I didn't have enough legroom (when compared with the much shorter BA flights I took internally in Europe), but on top of that the magazine compartment in front of me (made of a rigid metal frame covered in fabric) had a really bad design, which made it hang loose in front of my knees, so I spent my flight fighting with it trying to stretch my legs somehow. Additionally, the in-flight entertainment had a nice variety of shows and movies, which unfortunately couldn't really be enjoyed because the image and sound kept freezing every few seconds (I noticed this was pretty much everyone's problem), even after it had been reset by an attendant. Not a great experience overall.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Leigh Hardwick (UK)

Premium Economy, London to New York, 1st June 2013. This is a clever concept by Virgin, it is marketed as business, its not but the next step up is hugely more expensive. So, you are getting a little more than economy but paying nearly business class fares. If you were unlucky, as I was and get seats near the barrier they do not give you the legroom as the other premium economy seats do so you lose out just that little bit more. The food and seat comfort were ok but nothing special the entertainment was adequate. What really prompts me to write this review is the service. A passenger who, having made a perfectly polite request for a diet coke who has to make it again after ten minutes because it still has not arrived should get attitude form the cabin staff. I don't expect sulking and glaring and flouncing off from professional air crew! Worse, on the return flight five days later, one of the male members of aircrew who clearly loved his own voice far too much was never off the public address system. It seemed to be used as a platform for his self promotion and to show off to passengers who just want to be left alone. If the Captain could hear what was going on I was disappointed he or she did not put a stop to it. Its not entertaining and most of all annoying when one is trying to watch a film. I won't fly with Virgin again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by A Lamb (UK)

We travelled last week to Las Vegas. We were an hour stuck on the plane whilst they sorted an issue with the cargo hold! This made our plane arrive into LV over an hour late. The outward trip was the most horrible experience, small cramped seats, rubbish not taken away enough times so you had to sit with tray open until they decided to remove it. The inflight entertainment was great if you were make and wanted to watch action and gory films! As I am not a male, the only other choice was a chick flick, and some awful comedy. On the return we boarded the plane 30 mins late and were told this was due to the crew arriving late! Mind you they had a 2 day stay to get over the flight there! We were again in cramped small seats, the service a bit better, but no change in movies! We would never fly by Virgin again and would not recommend them to anyone. Last time we went by BA and they were far superior.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by M Austin (UK)

Flew out on Airbus A340-600 from LHR to JFK and although the seats were a bit tight in economy and the plane felt full up and slightly claustrophobic. It was a good flight - all the crew were efficient and everything went smoothly from beginning to end - really pleased by the experience. Coming back from JFK to LHR it was a night flight - plane had quite a few empty seats so it didn't feel so full which was nice and again all went very smoothly and crew were friendly and efficient.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax