Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Gill (UK)

Flew non-stop from London to Orlando and back. Reserved my seat and did online check-in, used bag-drop facility at airport, no problems at all. Flights departed and arrived on time, in-flight service was great, food was okay. Would definitely fly with this airline again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Warren (UK)

LGW-UVF-LGW. Both flights serviced by Virgin's brand new A330s. Boarding for both flights was well handled by gate staff in both LGW and UVF and both flights departed and arrived on time with very little turbulence en route. Contrary to many comments, I was very impressed with Virgin's new long haul economy seating as it was very comfortable with a good amount of legroom. In addition, I even managed to sleep for 6 of the 8 hours on the inbound flight to LGW, which was great as I usually never manage to sleep on long haul flights. Amenity kits were also given out on the UVF-LGW night flight which was a nice touch. I especially liked the new IFE system offered on the new A330s as it is touch screen operated and is also very simple and quick to navigate with a good variety of films and music to choose from. Throughout both flights, the cabin crew were friendly and were eager to go out of their way for you. Furthermore, call bells were answered promptly and the service felt more personal than on previous airlines that I have flown with. However, the only thing that is letting Virgin down is the quality of their catering. On both flights, the food portions were far too small for long 8-9 hour sectors so I'd suggest bringing extra food with you if possible. In addition, there was very little to choose from on both flights unlike other four star airlines such as BA and the snack service offered on board was very limited. All in all, our first experience with Virgin Atlantic was by no means disappointing and we would certainly consider flying with them again. The new A330 is an excellent aircraft to fly on, as it offers Virgin's latest long haul product and is also extremely quiet compared to similar long haul aircraft.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Green (UK)

LHR-BOS. I have been a loyal Virgin Atlantic PAX for the last 10 years with all my Business and Pleasure flights flown with VS. These last 5 years I managed to join the top tier of UNIQ status which does give a more personalised service. However I have taken all I can with this new Upper Class Dream Suite offering on their A330 aircraft. The seat is much narrower than the suites on the B747 and A340-3/6 aircraft, the cabin feels congested, the isles are not wide enough which means crew and fellow PAX hit your feet on the ottoman when moving around. The bar area seats 3 + maybe 3 standing, and although visually appealing in practice is used by the crew to complete admin or serve food from. The food is OK but lacks consistency. The VERA on-demand entertainment system is very good and seems more stable than the older versions. The amenity kit for a business class product is embarrassing and should be removed or upgraded. The LHR clubhouse is always a great place to start a journey with great food and drink offerings. The inflight crew on this flight were great with a proactive FSM who kept things going like clockwork. The flight was a very quick 5 hours and 45 mins, I didn't bother turning my seat into a bed as it's not as comfortable as the UCS in the tried and tested and loved older configuration. VS please ditch this UCDS as you are loosing so many of your top tier and loyal customers to other airlines.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Robbertze (UK)

Gatwick to Las Vegas return. Economy. Bought the extra legroom seats. Retrofitted 747 is clean, modern and very comfortable. Cabin crew amazingly friendly. For an economy class flight it was a 5 star experience. both flights were fantastic. Keep up the good work. Loved inflight wifi!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by A Souter (UK)

This airline seems to get worse with every flight I take. Have been loyally using Virgin for 23 years, especially London to Tokyo, for both business and pleasure. Upper Class on last two journeys has been appalling with old fleets to Cape Town and Tokyo. Not even On Demand system, running the old style looping system instead. Upper Class get tablets but cumbersome to use and limited selections. Food poor and generally falling behind peers. Shame as I used to evangelise to all about Virgin's qualities but now I tend to recommend avoiding.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Griffin (UK)

VS93, Gatwick to Cancun, Upper class, November 2013. Check in: Unfortunately staff at Gatwick were not only rude and curt but unsuited to meeting and greeting passengers. The lounge experience: We were served a freshly made full English breakfast by lovely attentive staff who exuded relaxation and warmth. Good choices of drinks hot or cold, good WiFi connection plenty of comfy soft seats and any additional food/drinks were plentiful and served with a smile. Boarding and Cabin: Somehow we ended up half way back down the boarding queue mixed in with economy and had to stand for quite some time whilst they boarded the aircraft. There should be a separate area to board us like Emirates have! Once on board things for the most part improved, we had 2 attendants looking after the upper class section throughout the flight, they were all friendly and attentive without being intrusive. One negative though I was asked twice if I would be prepared to change my choice of main meal! At these prices I should not be made to feel in any way guilty for having what I asked for! Virgin needs to address this issue as we were taking off from our home base they should carry enough choices on board! Enjoyed 3 movies on the way and always had plenty to drink. Flight landed on time in Cancun.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 December 2013 by D Redford (UK)

The worst business class flights we have ever had. Sloppy service, the poorest food ever and served with some parts cold. I have had better service on EasyJet. I was served tea in a mug with the tea bag left in and no spoon to retrieve it or anywhere to put the sopping tea bag. I was served cheesecake with nothing to eat it with no spoon or fork. My breakfast that was the worst I have experienced on any airline was part warm part cold and partly hot, I did not eat it and it stayed on my tray for over twenty minutes before a stewardess removed it. On my return flight from Delhi I was served cold chicken tikka. There was an empty seat opposite that was hot bedded by numerous people, don't know who they were or where they came from. I wrote to Virgin 4 times before I got a response, sloppy on the planes and sloppy after service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Kathryn Bretherton (UK)

Travelled economy class from London Heathrow to JFK on 7th December returning on the 12th. No problems checking in, food was average, entertainment system very good, seats as in most economy classes not the most spacious, but my main point for this review was without doubt the excellent service "with a smile" from the cabin crew on both these flights. The crew without exception were polite, very friendly and attentive at all times, even during the return flight which was a night flight they were on hand at all times and nothing was too much trouble.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by W Gemmill (UK)

VS200 to Sydney and back. VS201. Having read reviews on premium economy and seeing some negatives I wonder what people expect. Ok food not over the top but to me I paid for the space. I'm 6 3 and after travelling to west coast USA in cattle several times, I will always pay extra for more space. PE cabin was kept curtain off so did not have heavy use on toilets. 23hrs each way and arrived early both ways. I would use again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Slade (Spain)

My partner and I flew from Heathrow to LA, the inflight entertainment was not working, good job we both had books as an 11 hour flight with nothing to do isn't great. The staff gave us a leaflet to get 20 refund or points, to be fair I would have gladly paid the 20 to have the entertainment. Internal flight from LA to Vegas was delayed, they sent our driver to the wrong terminal so we had to wait ages for another one, on the return journey the food was terrible, the dinner was described as chicken curry and was just gristle, the desert was just dried up, no idea what it was other than horrible.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by I Bagwell (USA)

3 of us travelled JFK-LHR, 11/23, VS 26, LHR-JFK, 11/30, VS009. 340-600 outbound, 330-300 inbound. Seats great for sitting, plenty of room, nice entertainment etc. One complaint is you have to actually get out of seat to turn into a bed, unlike Delta which slides into a bed. Apart from that the service both ways was great. Plenty of attention from FA's, plenty of refills etc. Food great for Airline etc. overall a great experience and would definitely consider over Delta, especially the AM flight out of NY and the late flight out of LHR.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Ian Underhay (UK)

London - Hong Kong Return. As someone with a high level of Virgin brand loyalty I was hoping and expecting a good experience but left sadly disappointed. This was the most uncomfortable long haul experience I have ever had. On paper the seat pitch is the same as Singapore Airlines at 32 inches but this does not translate into real space. Sitting normally my knees touched the seat in front and when the person in front reclined, the tray table was rendered virtually unusable, the TV screen could not be seen properly and my shins were cramped against the seat underside. Getting out of the seat from this position was an undignified affair, almost falling into the aisle. The meal menu read like a Michelin starred restaurant but arrived in a tacky sealed plastic tray, which when opened revealed a pile of mush. The "seasonal" salad was 80% lettuce with a slice of cucumber and a tomato. Portions were very small and we then had to endure an 8 hour gap between meals with virtually nothing. Good economy class travel is about doing many small things well, Virgin currently do nothing well and should send staff on a flight with Singapore, Emirates or Etihad to see how it can be done. I pity the poor people who had to carry on to Australia on that plane, it's incredulous that Virgin think their current offering is a suitable product for the London Australia route. If they were transporting sheep the RSPCA would be called in!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Ann Peters (USA)

Nov 30th, my husband, daughter and I were on a returning flight to Los Angeles from London Heathrow. Flight VS007. Departing 11.25am and arriving in LA at 2.55pm. On this flight every seat was taken. There was a lady and her two children who yelled and screamed for 11 hours. We were 4 or 5 rows back from them and as far as I could tell the little girl was lying on the floor having a tantrum during take off. Not in a seat belted in like everyone else. No one made any effort to calm them down. We, and I'm sure everyone else on that flight were exhausted when we arrived in Los Angeles. It's hard for me to understand why someone with authority on board did not do something. Our flight to London VS008 was a wonderful experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by M Grice (UK)

MAN to Orlando. Left early. Great seats upstairs on 747. Vera entertainment system fantastic, food and drinks ok. Had friends in economy who also thought it was good. Cabin crew so friendly and attentive.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by S Khan (USA)

I flew from NYC-Heathrow and back in late November/early December in Upper Class. One of the worst business class experiences I've had. The flight over was fine. Nothing special. Mediocre food for business. And really poor lighting (I use the time to work). The seats lie flat, and the curve gives some extra room so you can lay on your side. On the return flight, however, my seat was broken; it wouldn't return to an upright position and was very uncomfortable (the break meant there was a large lump in the back). Worst of all, Virgin knew it was broken and hadn't fixed it. To solve the problem they asked another passenger to trade seats with me, demanding that that person moved because they were in a lower fare class than I was. I simply refused to do that to the other passenger. And it was outrageous that the attendants suggested that that was alright. I'll never fly Virgin again. If you pay that much, they should have seats you can actually sit in. I'd only take them as a last resort. Even then, it might be worth staying home. Finally, for upper class customers: their clubhouses look nice, but there is nowhere to do any work. No proper desks/chairs with a place to plug in. So if you actually work, they're useless.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax