Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by C Roy    (Dubai)

Flown VS-400 to Heathrow in the summer for our annual trip back and we were amazed how friendly and helpful the cabin crew were. I couldn't fault a single thing. Happy staff and great food for aeroplane standard. Always offered us drinks and asking about our welfare. Everything about it was great!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by L Vierneisel    (USA)

Chicago to Heathrow, July 10, Flight VS040. Flight from Heathrow back to Chicago, July 20, Flight VS039. Our experience with this airline was fabulous. The flight attendants seemed happy, focused, and enthused about the job they were doing. Our crew always kept us up to date on what was going on. We were also offered a beverage many times throughout the flight. We really enjoyed our time on board the aircraft.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Joe Stevens    (UK)

I went from Manchester to Orlando, when we boarded the crew helped us with our baggage. All crew were very nice, food lovely, everything was excellent. Seats comfortable, there was a nervous flyer seated next to me and the crew did a very good job of keeping her calm and reassuring her.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Darnbrough Simon    (UK)

MAN-LHR-DEL return. Little Red from Manchester to Heathrow efficient and friendly service followed by simple bus transfer to terminal 3 without need to go through security again. Night flight to Delhi on A330 very uncomfortable with cabin temperature very cool, with seemingly less legroom and less seat padding than on earlier Little Red flight. Very quick food service, although no choice of food by the time it reached us in the middle of economy, and then left in peace until breakfast. Return flights all in daylight and an excellent cabin service from the crew who seemed to never stop working either on food or drinks services (the ice lolly service is a nice touch). Seats however still very uncomfortable!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Quentin Clothier    (UK)

This was my first time with Virgin and I will not fly with them again. I recently flew return London to South Africa (Jo'burg). I have travelled many long haul flights on both business and pleasure and I can unequivocally say that on a score of 1-10 this rated as a 1. On my outward flight the experience was, well, cattle class at its absolute worse. The return trip however was far worse and just dire! So starting with little things, the aircraft was really tatty with the pouch in front of me containing all the brochures falling forward because the stitching was broken - this on observation was the case with many seats around me ensuring that the pouch was resting against my legs for 11 hours - tatty! The films were old - out of date and the food was awful. The return flight was staffed by stroppy staff - no smiles at all. I've been flying over 25 years and I've never even reviewed a flight before because from BA to Singapore Airlines to cheap Russian / African airlines, all have been reasonably ok to excellent but this was just a poor experience. On the return flight crew were far worse.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Johnstone Colin    (UK)

We will never fly with Virgin again. This year on our annual Florida holiday we decided to take a direct flight back, usually we like a break and fly via another US city. However for speed we thought we'd fly with Virgin. Our disappointment was almost immediate as we stepped on the plane and found our seats, we expected a nice friendly welcome from the inflight staff but the surly stewardess couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge us. When I sat down I discovered that we were actually on a chartered flight as I'd never been on a scheduled flight with such a tight seat pitch. Inflight safety was almost criminal neglect as no one onboard would be able to stomach what passed for a safety video. Food was next and it was sparse and terrible. So here is my message to anyone thinking of flying with Virgin to Florida - do not do it - you can have a much better experience by booking a one stopper through a US airline. We have done Delta, US Airlines and United in the past few years and whilst the staff are surprising mature they are extremely attentive, provide great service and know how to feed you. They also have enough between their ears to have a sensible conversation with. An added bonus we had was a delayed flight from Florida to New York which gave us a free day in the Big Apple a few years back.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Graham Mills    (UK)

VS010, JFK to LHR on 27 July 2014. Finally took off 2 hours late, an hour plus on the tarmac waiting to leave. The PA system was so bad you could not hear what was being said. Did not try the inflight entertainment where the screen is usually so bad you may as well not bother. Big no no was the evening meal, I ordered Chicken Korma and it was disgusting. I told the steward and he offered me an alternative but I declined. Positive point was the crew are always helpful and professional. Pity about the rest.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Hansen    (Denmark)

Flew from Manchester to Orlando and Miami to London Heathrow. On both flights everything was top class. Ok seats and food. Very nice entertainment system with lots of movies, music and games. Helpful crew. Both flights were on time which is especially convenient when having connecting flights.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Gilbert Schwartz    (USA)

MIA-LHR r.t. in Upper Class - July 20 - July 27 - service by flight attendants was outstanding. However, the overall experience was disappointing. Seats have three positions: upright, slight recline and flat bed. Upon request, the flight attendant will reposition the seat into a bed and provide a duvet and coverlet with pillow. The bed is satisfactory for sleeping but it is not possible to readjust to a seating position without vacating the seat and removing the linen. The entire configuration is uncomfortable and impractical. When the seat is configured to a flat bed, reading and watching TV is near impossible. A far better seat would allow the passenger to readjust the bed to a comfortable recline which would permit reading, watching TV, or eating which is the case with most other carriers. People with some limited mobility should avoid Upper Class at all cost.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by C Henshaw    (UK)

LHR-JFK, 747, Upper Deck, economy class. Great selection of inflight entertainment. Food service ok, 3 choices of main - chicken, chilli con carne and vegetarian pasta dish, I had the chicken and whilst the fillet was small it was tasty. Passion fruit mousse desert was better. Love heart candy is a great touch. Flight arrived 10 mins early. Be aware if looking for somewhere to sleep upper deck is not for you as there is a large gap between your seat and the window/bulkhead - however it is perfect for those needing a space to put more stuff in flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Henshaw    (UK)

Little Red, EDI-LHR, 19 June. Service more or less on par with British Airways (Except that I note that the BA flight 10 mins later had a 30 min delay). Snack service with Drink, Baggage included to 23KG which is nice. Seemed to take some time for baggage return in Heathrow. Entertainment on board consists of old school flight safety demo, and a few sheets of glossy paper masquerading as an inflight magazine. In all, if you're going to fly, worthwhile to fly with them, but personally I prefer the train service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Sarga Kumar    (UK)

I travelled from Heathrow to Los Angeles and I found that the seating was cramped for such a long journey and with very little padding on the seats it was a very uncomfortable journey. The stewards ignored calls and refused to meet the eye. They also lost my luggage and it was more than 24 hours before I got it back. The food was good, and can't complain about the service on the return flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by R Wieland    (Hong Kong)

HKG-LHR-HKG in Upper Class, "Dancing Queen" into LHR and "Bubbles" into HKG. This was our first flight with Virgin and the three of us (2 adults and 1 seven year old) enjoyed it. The staff went out of their way to treat every one as if you are their only passengers. Their friendly and jovial attitude as well as the flexible dining options are something to be commended. I have bad memories of the old CX herringbone layout who based it on Virgin's, but in the a340-600 at least, the cabin was light and airy and the walls of your cubicle are not as high. The lounge in HK is great, but the clubhouse in Heathrow is fantastic. It appears as if every member of staff, from check-in to cabin like their job and are happy to do it. The only negative is the somewhat limited IFE with very limited choices of movies and tv shows. CX is far superior in that respect.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Eriksson Anders    (UK)

Flew from LHR to JFK in May 2014 and opted for extra legroom rather than premium economy. Can't fault it. Both me and my wife are over 6 ft and had a really comfy flight. Food was ok. It's after all airline food which is never going to overwhelm you. We normally fly with budget airlines around Europe, so for us it was like luxury. I would recommend getting extra legroom if you're over 5 ft 11.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Van Page    (USA)

The baggage size was extremely limited. Normal overhead bags would not fit in the size checker. I travel a great deal, and have never encountered such restrictions. So, we wound up paying $80 to check one bag beyond our limit. When we boarded, we found that the flight was only 1/2 full and the overhead compartments were the normal size. They would have fit our luggage easily.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Perman    (UK)

EI3026, ABZ-LHR, return EI3023, LHR-ABZ. Excellent domestic flights, which really put the joy back into domestic flying. Online check-in was a breeze, and then straight through security to the plane. Outward flight was fantastic. Complimentary bacon roll and cup of tea were really nice and greatly appreciated after a long drive to the airport early in the morning! Seats were pretty standard for domestic flying and suitable for a short flight, although if the person in front reclines their chair it does feel lightly cramped. Flight crew were fantastic and really friendly, punctual landing into LHR. And free love hearts - quirky, fun, and really give the airline a character. Return flight was slightly marred prior to boarding when I was asked to put my hand baggage into the hold as it was large (not over the limits) and the flight was very busy. In fact, there was plenty of space on the plane for my bag, so this did little more than delay my departure from Aberdeen. But again, a really nice flight and very quick. Friendly crew again, and a complimentary drinks service (including alcoholic, but unfortunately I was driving). Overall, great value. Slightly more expensive than the low cost competition, but you do get value for money, and for Heathrow it is usually cheaper than BA. Would fly again in an instant. Frequent flier scheme is excellent for domestic flights.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by A Gilbert    (USA)

I recently travelled from LAX to LHR round-trip. The seats were uncomfortable for such long flights. The food was not good but the service was good. The planes seemed old for such a trendy airline, I would have expected more modern and up to date facilities. The in flight entertainment uses a wired controller which was very worn and awkward to get to. I felt like washing my hands every time I touched it.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by A Finister    (UK)

Went from Manchester to Orlando and back both premium economy. Bulkhead seats had TV's that came out of the seat only for them not to stay upright had to hold it to watch it, air con not working, it was hotter than Florida itself. Lost one of our cases. Staff clocked off a good hour before landing and just chatted between themselves ignoring all the passengers. Wrote a letter of complaint and got 40 in vouchers between three of us, would have preferred a nice flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

LGW-UVF, 25 May. UVF-LGW, 2/3 June. Arrived 3 hours and 45 mins before 10.00 departure. Bag drop was ok. Several free upper class check in agents and 1 occupied economy agent. We where told to drop of bags at upper class. A quite nice start. Boarding began 78 mins before departure. We where on GWAG an A330. LGW-UVF only. We left (airborne) at 09.54, 6 mins early. GWAG has no remotes. So IFE whilst good has got room for improvement on this aircraft. Meals where OK. Movie treat nice and drinks where served 3 times (improved over 2-3 years ago). We landed 30 mins early and beat the BA (777) and the AA (JFK757) so we got though immigration OK. On the way back a bit worse in some cases. Check in 2 hours 50 mins before flight. Quick and easy. We where late by 1 hour (not as bad as Orlando when we where delayed 1 hour in Tarmac). Boarding began 25 mins before we where airborne and we were off quickly. This aircraft GVGEM was operating VS90 from GND-UVF-LGW. GVGEM has got remotes and IFS was better. We landed 50mjns early and the arrival was uneventful. I didn't have meals as I ate at airport.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Try    (UK)

Took a Virgin flight from Hong Kong to London. Never again. Huge aircraft, jammed full to overflowing, economy seats very uncomfortable, the food was inedible, the restrooms filthy with no paper towels and no refills. The seating area, pull down tray etc unclean. Pre-flight, the customer service was very unhelpful with my questions about upgrading. The online check in was 'unavailable' for some reason. The most unpleasant flying experience of my life.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by King Paul    (UK)

We recently flew Heathrow to New York in June 2014 and booked Virgin. I know my wife and I chose economy, but the seats were small and cramped for a long flight. Just like Ryanair seats, we were constantly having the back of our seats kicked as people had no room to change positions. The controls for the entertainment were in the arm rest which as you were squashed in your seat were very difficult to reach. My wife is a size 8 and I'm 13 stone so were by no means obese! The TV screen reflected the light and wasn't easy to view and they served dinner instead of breakfast at around 8am which I couldn't stomach that early but was then hungry later. The food was poor even when I could face it on the way back. No choice, small meals and butter just covered one side of the roll. The plane and entertainment system, both ways felt old, the seating was cramped and uncomfortable, the food was not nice although the service was fine. I was excited to use Virgin before hand but Emirates far outshines them followed secondly by BA. Sorry but my first Virgin experience was a big disappointment and they are the most expensive and least impressive of the 3.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Nick White    (USA)

VS 19/20, June 20-27. First of all I think one has to determine whether the rating is absolute or compared to other airlines. They all have poor food, personally I think Virgin is better than most. They all have limited space. Virgin's cost of flying premium is much better than most others upgrade to Business. Premium isn't Business but its perfectly OK and to me the pricing of $1500 West Coast to London for Economy and $2500 or so for premium makes more sense that most airlines charging substantially more for Business.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Ronald Castille    (USA)

Orlando to Gatwick Airport London on May 28th, flight VSO28 returned to Orlando on June 23rd, flight VSO15. I did a lot of research on airlines to London, and even though I saw a lot of complaints on Virgin Atlantic, I decided to give them a try. Well, just as always you should try things for yourself before you judge, this was by far the best flight that we have been on. I have to say from the time we checked in to boarding it was like clockwork, once on the plane we were treated like First Class (flying economy with exit seat area) drinks, food and almost one on one service. I might say to that the crew was most impressive bunch we have seen, they worked at it for seven of the eight to nine hour flight. We will fly again no questions asked.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Reynolds Malcolm    (UK)

GLA to MCO. We flew from Glasgow to Orlando on one of the Virgin 747's. No issues at all at check in, the aircraft boarded on time. We has booked the extra legroom seats for our party and were delighted with the additional leg room. Inflight entertainment was great and kept our 7 year old entertained throughout. A little slow at passport control but overall a great flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Emma Curran    (UK)

When coming to book our honeymoon, I pushed for us to book Virgin Atlantic as I had fond memories of travelling with them as a child, unfortunately, my most recent experience has somewhat dashed this memory. I rarely write reviews and it is regrettable that I should have to write this one. Firstly, I would like to say however, that the airline crew were a delight, unfortunately the food they were serving was not. I appreciate I have gone straight to the food, however, when you are on a long haul flight this is a significant factor in your journey. We travelled with Virgin twice whilst on our honeymoon and both times the menu did not match what we were served - once is a mistake, twice is not goo enough. The 'starter' was bland and the 'main course' contained so much salt that I felt dehydrated after every bite. The snacks were far beyond creative. Whilst the entertainment was diverse, I felt for the chap sat in front of me due to the weight I had to put behind my film selection causing his head seat to bounce back and forth. I could continue down this road but I think it is important to reach an early conclusion - I was disappointed with this journey. The years have not been kind to Virgin Atlantic.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Helen Sadler    (UK)

Virgin Atlantic Little Red, MAN-LHR, 6th June. Flight was delayed due to a lot of traffic on the airfield at Manchester which had me and my mother panicking a bit. Once we boarded the crew could not be more accommodating. They assured everyone connecting at LHR that they had already called ahead and would hold flights for us, this was a huge relief as we had to catch another flight immediately. The cabin crew was lead by a very friendly steward who noticed immediately I was a nervous flyer and checked if I was alright as soon as he was allowed out of his seat, I have never had this happen on a flight before. The seats were very comfortable and roomy for the type of aircraft being used, an A320. The complimentary bacon roll was delicious and a very nice little touch to a domestic flight. This was our first experience of Virgin Atlantic and I would definitely recommend them.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Graham Chase    (UK)

Flew LHR to Chicago, 2/6 then back from LA to LHR 19/6. Flights booked with Virgin because of very impressive Atlantic flight some years ago from which I never stopped praising Virgin for their excellent service, I also paid extra to be able to fly Virgin this time, however that is now out of the window completely and they will be way down the list of recommends now. The outbound flight was not pleasant with a seat that was about on par with the general charter 2 hour holiday flights, probably the seat on the inbound did not seem so bad but still uncomfortable in comparison with what is generally available now days. There was generally a number of things that are not now acceptable eg main meal that was decidedly mediocre with rubbish box of claggy breakfast come tea, a menu on outbound that had no relation at all to what was served with just a brief apology, a cheap drinks regime of pouring from a large bottle but generally just substandard. The worst thing however was the entertainment screen, for me and many other travellers I suspect this is one of the most important items as I do not sleep on aircraft's so I look forward to relaxing and watching films etc throughout the flight and I was disgusted that the screens on both flights were so dark that in many of the screens all you could see was a few flashing lights, this was made worse when the person in front put the seat back and the screen could not be pulled out sufficiently to get the best view available, in fact on the outbound flight it not only would not pull out sufficiently but as soon as you let go it sprang back into the seat. The selection of films was also rubbish with not much choice except that didn't matter in end as they were impossible to follow and on the outbound the films all started at set times and could not be paused or re-started. In general I would say that Virgin have paired down their service to a minimum which is now not anything like acceptable I have flown in several carriers in the last year and found eg Emirates, Air New Zealand, BA etc vastly superior. Both were safe and on time flights which is the main requirement of course and that could not be bettered.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by D Jack    (UK)

09/05/2014, GLA-MCO-GLA, (24/05/2014) - Flew this route in Upper Class. Could not fault the service from start to finish. Staff were very attentive and anything which we asked for/requested on the flight was not a problem. The onboard bar was fantastic as usual! The B747 was almost full, as was the Upper cabin with all 14 seats being occupied. Even with the Upper cabin being full, we were made to feel that we were the only people being looked after (we know everyone was also) but it's the attention to detail with things like the service which make such a difference. Contrary to what others have posted, our aircraft was exceptionally clean and had a modern cabin. Already booked Upper for Grenada over new year!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Arnold    (UK)

During my flight I was very disappointed! I pre-ordered the food online (vegetarian option) but when it arrived it was cold pasta as a side snack and as a main meal it was hot pasta in tomato sauce. The menu gave to us was out of date and the air hostesses apologised for the wrong menu they gave out to us all. I know I am a vegetarian but it would be nice to have variation of food and not just pasta, pasta and more pasta. Vegetarians eat other foods as well. During flight V93 to Mexico they gave us no wash bag (with toothbrush and toothpaste). We had this on the return flight but not going. On the return flight V94 the vegetarian lasagne was disgusting, and the breakfast was just a hard cob roll with jam. We were given no butter or nice breakfast pastry as it said on the menu. Drink wise for the night flight there were no hot chocolate or nice crackers and cheese. I really feel the food has taken a turn for the worse and the food needs looking into especially the vegetarian options and breakfast meals.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by K Russell    (Canada)

I flew out of YVR to LHR two weeks ago. Being a nervous flyer, I always hate flying and reading the recent reviews I was even more nervous to fly with Virgin! At the check-in desk however, my worries began to be lessened. One of the Virgin Flight check-in staff listened as I told him I was nervous about flying and helped find my children and I a seat in the bulkhead. At the gate, the staff allowed "people who need a little more time to board" on first and we settled easily into VS96, on that night a really modern looking plane. Couldn't fault it - it looked clean and colourful. The flight itself was smooth and even though the air stewards were not perhaps as proactive as on British Airways, when I asked for help with getting a drink for the kids or something along those lines, they helped straight away and without complaint. The only less than stellar thing was the kids' meal - which looked like the adult version of a meal, but it was a late flight and the kids had already eaten, so I didn't care too much about that and neither did they. No kids flight pack either - but to be honest, that didn't bother me either - less junk to carry around post flight. When the plane landed 9 hours later at LHR my son had an epic meltdown. One of the Virgin Angels came out and asked if I needed a hand with my bags (I had one child under each arm and was kicking my bag along with my foot): I gladly took her up on her offer and she accompanied us all the way to customs, bless her, chatting all of the way. My experience with Virgin was absolutely terrific this time. Would definitely fly them again!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Kolesnikov Alexander    (UK)

I had two different impressions of two flights with VA. The first flight was from London Heathrow to Los Angeles, Premium Economy, and it was great even though the seat I had wasn't the most convenient, in term of its location. I didn't sleep and for the whole flight stewards were always there, asking if I need something else, offering drinks, snacks, ice creams. The second flight was back home, from Los Angeles to London Heathrow, Premium Economy, and that was a totally different story. It all started from the delayed main meal. In the Economy, they were already finishing their meal but ours wasn't even served. Then the meal was served, eaten, and we had our dirty dishes in front of us for like an eternity. Nobody seemed to care about collecting the dishes, the stewards seemed to be hectically busy with something behind the closed curtains - but with what? At some point, a lady in front of me decided to recline her chair, and doing that she squeezed my dirty dishes, so I had to call the stewards and request to remove them. Then we were waiting for a coffee - for more than an hour. I reminded about a coffee a couple of times, but again the stewards were just too busy with something, not related to serving the passengers. Then there was another lengthy period, more than an hour, of waiting for liquors. The light was already switched off and most passengers were asleep when at last some brandy was offered. And then the Premium Economy stewards simply disappeared and didn't show up until closer to the end of the flight. Nobody was offering drinks, nobody was asking if passengers need anything, there was simply no service in Premium Economy. On the way back from the toilet I met Economy stewards who were serving drinks, they offered a drink to me. Were Premium Economy stewards on strike, or something? I have no idea. My rates below will reflect my experience of the return flight. I will fly with VA again in July, to San Francisco, Premium Economy, and I hope I will never meet again the team that I was unlucky to meet on my return from Los Angeles.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Phillips    (UK)

Flew recently Gatwick-Grenada-Gatwick. Flew out Premium, returned Upper Class. Excellent flights, excellent service, every thing on time. V-Room at Gatwick excellent value. New lounge at Grenada very comfortable and plenty of attention from staff. We will be going back to Grenada and definitely flying VA. Looking through other reviews it would seem that most of the criticism centres around VA Heathrow/Manchester Long haul flights. We have regularly flown VA out of Gatwick and have never been dissatisfied. VA please note.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by J Scott    (USA)

We flew flight VS 10 from JFK to London Heathrow mid March. We called the airline three times before traveling, and waited on hold for 2 hours each time. The desk agent at JFK was extremely unpleasant, and borderline rude. We had booked seats on the upper level of the plane, one of the calls was to confirm that this was allowed with a child also traveling in the party. We were told to go to the desk at the gate prior to the flight to have her seat assigned with ours. The gate attendant gave us a glare, and informed us that this was not allowed. After being spoken to condescendingly several more times, we were eventually reassigned to our original seats. Once on board service was sub-par. Drinks (including water) were not offered for over 1.5 hours into the flight, and we sat at the gate for an hour prior to taking off due to a "minor" problem with the fuel pump. When the man sitting in our aisle asked for a glass of water about 1 hour into the flight he was given a look and told that he would need to be patient as they are busy. I understand that they are busy, but he was extremely polite when asking and a simple response with the same polite manner would have been more appropriate. Dinner was served with the drink cart trailing behind, a drink was offered shortly after dinner arrived and then the drink cart was not seen again. The meal was standard economy fare, the roll was frozen solid but the main meal was edible if not 90% rice. They came through to clear meal trays and offer hot chocolate or tea, then the lights were turned off. They never came through to offer water during the flight, which would have been nice (and was done on flights with another carrier). I could have hit my call light (as I had a sleeping toddler on my lap), but really didn't care to interact with the staff any more than absolutely necessary. The staff never smiled, or looked even slightly pleasant. I was extremely disappointed in the service. They should be less concerned about their attractive uniforms and more concerned with providing standard pleasant service to all of their customers - including economy. We did arrive safely - which is their first priority - and I respect that.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by David Hansen    (USA)

I have flown this airline due to the fact that Delta Airlines now gives miles flown. I used to fly this airline over 10 years ago. I must say the service and standards have deteriorated considerably since then. The FA's don't seem friendly, very perfunctory. It is a 16 hour flight (2 segments) from NYC-LHR, LHR-JNB (South Africa). I got a coach class ticket but unlike KLM they don't upgrade you for the paltry 3 inch legroom for free for Platinum Medallion Members! KLM and others do. Wish South African Airlines was a partner. Then all the nickel and diming me, cost for advance seating etc. Wont be using them anymore.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

Virgin Red: EDI to LGW. Free inflight drink (bar) and snack (mini crisps) service. I asked for two drinks and was chastised by the cabin manager. Told they had to serve all passengers first. Considering I was the second last row to be served, this made no sense. Obviously nothing ensued. They presumably hae a one drink per passenger policy but nobody would state this. Free hold luggage included in price. Only flew for the convenience of flight times. Don't think I could recommend however.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Andy Barker    (UK)

Haven't flown with Virgin for a while but am a flying club member so use miles to upgrade. Flew out to Barbados and back in New Upper Class suite on A330. I've flown both and think both have merits, but new design seems slightly more cramped than older version so interested to see what they do for Dreamliner. Both flights were good, Gatwick lounge is much more relaxed but still offers a lot pre-flight. Onboard food pretty good and beverages both ways, staff good too, better on return and new Vera entertainment has a lot of options to keep you busy. Overall same high standard as usual, so happy to fly again with Virgin.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Paul Mackie    (UK)

This is the second time I have used Virgin Atlantic to go to the US and it will certainly be the last. I opted to try VA out again thinking my first experience couldn't reflect all flights but it did. There was only one bar service prior to dinner and wine with dinner and that was it for an 11 hour flight, when the bar service was being operated you would think the drinks were coming out of the crew's own pockets, as it was the smallest measure I have seen in a long time. The afternoon / evening tea prior to landing was dire. I would rather pay extra for decent service when I am going on holiday!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Jonathan Henly    (UK)

Flew to Boston. Crew were friendly and co-operative, but didn't always make sense, and there were countless silly rules which kept applying. Seat wasn't that comfortable. Food was forgettable, was by the bulkhead so leg room excellent. IFE was good and the blankets and amenity packs were the best I've ever had. Return journey slept soundly.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Rose Thomason    (Mauritius)

My husband and I flew upper class from London to Los Angeles. The flight was full so we were not expecting everything to be perfect. The flight attendants seemed preoccupied with themselves and if you called them they were very abrupt and short. So I decided not to bother them but waited to see if they came around to offer a drink which was twice when they served lunch and tea. The food was served in rations. The cheese tray came around but before I knew it, it was over. Staff hardly smiled and left most of our empty cups behind. The toilets were dirty and by the end of the flight I actually felt relieved to leave the aircraft . For what you pay I don't think it's a good service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 June 2014 by William Abernathy    (USA)

We flew Upper Class to London and Economy Premium back to New York. The service and food were excellent. The seats were comfortable, especially in Economy Premium where the seats were much nicer than in domestic American airlines in the same class of service. The service at the airports was excellent. I highly recommend this airline.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Matheson Ian    (UK)

Have previously flown Premium Economy with this airline and been delighted with experience. Flew VS19 (14/05/14) and VS20 (28/05/14), return trip LHR to SFO and was bitterly disappointed with quality. Advertised as something special and certainly was for the wrong reasons. Not that much extra room provided by seats in main cabin on 747. Had to endure economy passengers coming through the cabin, often with all their worldly goods, whilst trying to enjoy the welcome glass of sparkling wine (not Champagne) as given previously. Two of the four dedicated toilets out of use on VS20 and other two were used by economy passengers as there was no segregation of seating classes. Menu offered a choice of 3 main courses. My wife and I had only two options by the time we were served and the one we chose was of extremely poor quality. I have enjoyed many better meals in Economy sections of other airlines. Those in the seats behind us were reduced to a single option of, take it or leave it, as there was only one option, the vegetarian, left. Stingy on the measure of wine offered and coffee served whilst still eating main course. Disappointment at service compounded at Heathrow when economy passengers allowed off before us. Having paid roughly twice as much for Premium Economy as for Economy tickets we felt badly let down and feel sure this was not Sir Richard Branson's vision for his airline. Will certainly not travel with this airline again as there are many better value for money options available elsewhere now.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by J Pettitt    (UK)

LHR-to Shanghai. Flew out on 3rd April on a codeshare with Air New Zealand (ticket having been booked with Air New Zealand). Cabin crew have to be the rudest and most unpleasant I have ever met. Paid for extra leg room seats but they split me up from my daughter and husband - the ground staff and cabin crew couldn't care less. Seats were comfortable but only for a few hours NOT for a 12 hour flight. Food was poor, drinks ok but not enough service - 4 I believe in a 12 hour flight and only came through the cabin a few times with water. The inbound service from Shanghai to LHR on 22nd April was even worse - 3 trolley services in 12 hours. At hour 7 I had to ask for a cup of tea, which when it arrived was coffee, so I had to ring again only for the rude hostess to ask "what". The staff were more interested in sorting their rest time. Will never use Virgin again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by M Clegg    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Cancun and return, 22/5/14-29/5/14. Seats were comfortable, with plenty of leg room, entertainment very good, although the touch screens a bit difficult to control. On outbound and inbound flights staff appeared disinterested, and unhelpful, rarely came around with any drinks. The food I can describe as appalling. We were given a menu, on the outbound flight there was nothing which resembled anything on it. On the inbound flight we given "breakfast" this consisted of a dried up croissant which was inedible. This was first and last time I will fly with Virgin and would not recommend them.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by L Whittall    (Australia)

This review is for Upper Class. Very comfortable seats and bed but difficult to see out of the window. Food service was too fast, no sooner had you put the coffee cup to your lips and it was whisked away! Same for the food, and I am not a slow eater. Flight attendant very friendly but forgetful (forgot my breakfast). Other airlines have a much better business class product.

Flew both PE and Upper class so will write PE review here first. Not worth the money as, when the seat in front of you is reclined it is almost impossible to get out of your seat. All of the window seats where we were sitting were broken and would not stay upright. The lovely flight attendant attempted to fix them to no avail. There was not enough time in Hong Kong for them to fix the seats so it was a very uncomfortable 23 hours in the air. As others have said, do not waste your money on premium economy.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Suvajit Mandal    (India)

We flew BOM-LHR-EWR this May. I have an infant with me. Honestly I was very dissatisfied and disappointed with the airline service and seat arrangement. Cramped front row economy seat. Food quality horrible. I requested for baby food prior unfortunately the crew says no baby food available. Normal food service also very ordinary and when asked for spare the crew was not at all supportive. Even when asked to refrigerate baby milk they were very uncooperative.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by J Cropley    (UK)

We have just returned from visiting friends for a month in Orlando. We flew from Glasgow. The whole experience was excellent. My wife is disabled and was well looked after. The food was yummy, the flight attendants both ways were helpful, polite and attentive. Both flights were faultless despite a measure of turbulence on both. Well done Virgin hope to go with you next year!

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax