Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by John R Montgomery (UK)

We found ourselves on VS028 from MCO to LGW on 23 Dec after being let down by BA who had cancelled their flight the previous day. The aircraft, a refitted 747 was in top notch condition and the IFE was excellent with plenty of choice. A complete contrast to the somewhat tatty BA 777 we had experienced on our outward flight from LGW. The VS cabin crew have their own unique style which fits well with what is essentially a "bucket and spade" holiday route, but I can understand that those who like a more formal style being irritated. They got the job done well enough and served up a reasonable meal with none of the reported stinginess on drinks. Breakfast in a box was the anticipated let down but 30 mins early into LGW and overall I was impressed.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by S Neoh (Malaysia)

DEL-LHR-DEL. Flew the outbound leg in Y and the return leg in PY, an arrangement which cost about as much as flying both legs in Y with many other European carriers. VS is definitely a 'cool' airline, and I'm a big fan of the branding, but the food in Y is worse than you'd get at Tesco's - if they haven't run out of the non-veggie options before they get to you. 4 toilets for the entire rear (Y) section of an A333 isn't funny either, especially after meals/before descent. They have one of the best PY products are out there, which even resembles C of yore, although serving the second meal with Y packaging and quality is a definite anti-climax.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by A Davies (UK)

I took a flight from Las Vegas to London 3 months ago. Virgin is on a clear downhill path. The cabin and seating configuration is very much style over substance, it just does not work ergonomically. Too cramped and irritating 'intelligent' lighting. The seat remains far too clever for its own good, resulting in electronic and mechanical glitches on almost every flight I have taken over the past 18 months or so. Main problem though is the cabin crew who for some reason behave these days as if they are doing you a favour. The one exceptional element of this airline at present is the departure lounge at Heathrow, which is peerless in my view.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by R Barton (UK)

Travelled to Vegas over New Year. Paid for extra legroom seats but could only be used if you had 1 leg due to metal boxes that seem to have been added to seats for the inflight entertainment. New inflight system with touch screen means you have to touch/tap or hit the screen which is on the person in-front's headrest - playing any games means multiple hits to the screen and the person in front stressed as their seat gets hit multiple times. I would not recommend - next time I will pay extra and go with another airline if at all possible.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Dave Potter (UK)

Flew Brussels - Johannesburg - Cape Town - Heathrow, 10 December, return 28 December. Virgin cabin crew excellent. Booked in February for 640 pounds so good price. Great flight, seats A 62 and K 62 were very good. Pity the food was so poor but had a big steak at Cape Town before returning. Normally do not fly Virgin due to it being one of the most expensive airlines but at this price they were the cheapest and good value for money. Thanks again to the great cabin crew and the pilots for a safe and pleasant journey.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by O Thompson (UK)

VS 250, LHR-PVG. Virgin's premium economy is a great way to fly. Very comfortable, large seats, friendly service, ok food. Better than EVA Air and BA's premium economy offering. It's good value for money.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Gill (UK)

Flew non-stop from London to Orlando and back. Reserved my seat and did online check-in, used bag-drop facility at airport, no problems at all. Flights departed and arrived on time, in-flight service was great, food was okay. Would definitely fly with this airline again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Warren (UK)

LGW-UVF-LGW. Both flights serviced by Virgin's brand new A330s. Boarding for both flights was well handled by gate staff in both LGW and UVF and both flights departed and arrived on time with very little turbulence en route. Contrary to many comments, I was very impressed with Virgin's new long haul economy seating as it was very comfortable with a good amount of legroom. In addition, I even managed to sleep for 6 of the 8 hours on the inbound flight to LGW, which was great as I usually never manage to sleep on long haul flights. Amenity kits were also given out on the UVF-LGW night flight which was a nice touch. I especially liked the new IFE system offered on the new A330s as it is touch screen operated and is also very simple and quick to navigate with a good variety of films and music to choose from. Throughout both flights, the cabin crew were friendly and were eager to go out of their way for you. Furthermore, call bells were answered promptly and the service felt more personal than on previous airlines that I have flown with. However, the only thing that is letting Virgin down is the quality of their catering. On both flights, the food portions were far too small for long 8-9 hour sectors so I'd suggest bringing extra food with you if possible. In addition, there was very little to choose from on both flights unlike other four star airlines such as BA and the snack service offered on board was very limited. All in all, our first experience with Virgin Atlantic was by no means disappointing and we would certainly consider flying with them again. The new A330 is an excellent aircraft to fly on, as it offers Virgin's latest long haul product and is also extremely quiet compared to similar long haul aircraft.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Green (UK)

LHR-BOS. I have been a loyal Virgin Atlantic PAX for the last 10 years with all my Business and Pleasure flights flown with VS. These last 5 years I managed to join the top tier of UNIQ status which does give a more personalised service. However I have taken all I can with this new Upper Class Dream Suite offering on their A330 aircraft. The seat is much narrower than the suites on the B747 and A340-3/6 aircraft, the cabin feels congested, the isles are not wide enough which means crew and fellow PAX hit your feet on the ottoman when moving around. The bar area seats 3 + maybe 3 standing, and although visually appealing in practice is used by the crew to complete admin or serve food from. The food is OK but lacks consistency. The VERA on-demand entertainment system is very good and seems more stable than the older versions. The amenity kit for a business class product is embarrassing and should be removed or upgraded. The LHR clubhouse is always a great place to start a journey with great food and drink offerings. The inflight crew on this flight were great with a proactive FSM who kept things going like clockwork. The flight was a very quick 5 hours and 45 mins, I didn't bother turning my seat into a bed as it's not as comfortable as the UCS in the tried and tested and loved older configuration. VS please ditch this UCDS as you are loosing so many of your top tier and loyal customers to other airlines.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Robbertze (UK)

Gatwick to Las Vegas return. Economy. Bought the extra legroom seats. Retrofitted 747 is clean, modern and very comfortable. Cabin crew amazingly friendly. For an economy class flight it was a 5 star experience. both flights were fantastic. Keep up the good work. Loved inflight wifi!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by A Souter (UK)

This airline seems to get worse with every flight I take. Have been loyally using Virgin for 23 years, especially London to Tokyo, for both business and pleasure. Upper Class on last two journeys has been appalling with old fleets to Cape Town and Tokyo. Not even On Demand system, running the old style looping system instead. Upper Class get tablets but cumbersome to use and limited selections. Food poor and generally falling behind peers. Shame as I used to evangelise to all about Virgin's qualities but now I tend to recommend avoiding.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Griffin (UK)

VS93, Gatwick to Cancun, Upper class, November 2013. Check in: Unfortunately staff at Gatwick were not only rude and curt but unsuited to meeting and greeting passengers. The lounge experience: We were served a freshly made full English breakfast by lovely attentive staff who exuded relaxation and warmth. Good choices of drinks hot or cold, good WiFi connection plenty of comfy soft seats and any additional food/drinks were plentiful and served with a smile. Boarding and Cabin: Somehow we ended up half way back down the boarding queue mixed in with economy and had to stand for quite some time whilst they boarded the aircraft. There should be a separate area to board us like Emirates have! Once on board things for the most part improved, we had 2 attendants looking after the upper class section throughout the flight, they were all friendly and attentive without being intrusive. One negative though I was asked twice if I would be prepared to change my choice of main meal! At these prices I should not be made to feel in any way guilty for having what I asked for! Virgin needs to address this issue as we were taking off from our home base they should carry enough choices on board! Enjoyed 3 movies on the way and always had plenty to drink. Flight landed on time in Cancun.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 December 2013 by D Redford (UK)

The worst business class flights we have ever had. Sloppy service, the poorest food ever and served with some parts cold. I have had better service on EasyJet. I was served tea in a mug with the tea bag left in and no spoon to retrieve it or anywhere to put the sopping tea bag. I was served cheesecake with nothing to eat it with no spoon or fork. My breakfast that was the worst I have experienced on any airline was part warm part cold and partly hot, I did not eat it and it stayed on my tray for over twenty minutes before a stewardess removed it. On my return flight from Delhi I was served cold chicken tikka. There was an empty seat opposite that was hot bedded by numerous people, don't know who they were or where they came from. I wrote to Virgin 4 times before I got a response, sloppy on the planes and sloppy after service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Kathryn Bretherton (UK)

Travelled economy class from London Heathrow to JFK on 7th December returning on the 12th. No problems checking in, food was average, entertainment system very good, seats as in most economy classes not the most spacious, but my main point for this review was without doubt the excellent service "with a smile" from the cabin crew on both these flights. The crew without exception were polite, very friendly and attentive at all times, even during the return flight which was a night flight they were on hand at all times and nothing was too much trouble.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by W Gemmill (UK)

VS200 to Sydney and back. VS201. Having read reviews on premium economy and seeing some negatives I wonder what people expect. Ok food not over the top but to me I paid for the space. I'm 6 3 and after travelling to west coast USA in cattle several times, I will always pay extra for more space. PE cabin was kept curtain off so did not have heavy use on toilets. 23hrs each way and arrived early both ways. I would use again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Slade (Spain)

My partner and I flew from Heathrow to LA, the inflight entertainment was not working, good job we both had books as an 11 hour flight with nothing to do isn't great. The staff gave us a leaflet to get 20 refund or points, to be fair I would have gladly paid the 20 to have the entertainment. Internal flight from LA to Vegas was delayed, they sent our driver to the wrong terminal so we had to wait ages for another one, on the return journey the food was terrible, the dinner was described as chicken curry and was just gristle, the desert was just dried up, no idea what it was other than horrible.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax