Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by L Gainsford (UK)

LGW - Barbados, 16th March. Check in and boarding at Gatwick fantastic with no crowds. Seat comfort and legroom fantastic in an extra legroom seat for only 20 on airbus A330. Inflight service very good from an enthusiastic young crew, bar service available for the whole flight with no problems, food more than acceptable for economy class. All in all a very good experience from start to finish, would recommend.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 March 2014 by A Beswick (UK)

LGW-BGI return (747 + A330) in Economy. Both trips were very good indeed. Staff were really in to their jobs, friendly, helpful, attentive. Entertainment, food and seats a lot better than the competition. Took extra legroom seats on return and well worth 20 pp supplement.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 March 2014 by A Proschel (UK)

We always fly with virgin, in premium economy. The whole experience depends mainly on which crew are onboard. Some crews are excellent others leave much to be desired. On our last return from Orlando we were in the front half of the 'bubble' with economy behind. This is really not good as toilets only at front so the whole flight children were running up and down and people queuing, constantly blocking the aisle. On departing cabin, economy passengers were allowed to depart before premium, this is only a problem because premium passengers pay a lot more for this privilege so apart from more seat width and extra luggage there is no difference any more between economy and premium. The crew on this flight were dreadful. Having said this other crews have been fabulous, it is a pity this is not consistent. We are flying Upper Class in a few weeks time, hope we have a good crew.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by D Collins (UK)

MAN-MCO. Virgin are in the process of changing their seat reservation system and have well and truly messed up, they didn't advise all customers when they shortened the booking leadtime and equally didn't when they extended it - the problem now is that we fly in 3 weeks in Premium Economy and though no fault of our own we aren't guaranteed to sit together which is unnerving for my small children - repeated calls to Virgin customer service has got me absolutely no where - they simply say try again at the airport? They are not the airline they used to be.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Glyn Spencer (UK)

I flew Manchester - Jo'burg with Virgin and found the long haul leg well below what their reputation would lead you to expect. The food was poor, the seat uncomfortable and leg room minimal when you recline the seat (made worse by the fact that the seat in front was broke to the magazine rack dangled down) and no foot-rest - almost standard these days. The cabin service was awful - a 90min wait after departure for even a glass of water. Worse still was the fact that my bag was left at Manchester for two days. They were telling me the bag was at Jo'burg when it was still in Manchester. All airlines lose the odd bag but I have never met such an unhelpful operation when I contacted them.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Cunliffe (UK)

VS200, LHR-HKG-SYD, Airbus 340 600. Leg room very poor in the middle 4 seats which were some of the most uncomfortable I have experienced, the IFE had to be rebooted on several occasions as a result we were without it for 4-5 hours and when it was on all options were not available (simply not acceptable on a flight of this length). Crew on the LHR-HKG were in the main poor and in some cases rude the HKG-SYD crew were no better especially the male crew member who was only interested in chatting up the young girls on the flight. Food was ok but no little extra's you get with other airlines. All in all very disappointing.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Cunliffe (UK)

SYD-HKG-LHR, VS201, 25th March. What a contrast to the outbound flight this time, had a window seat which had much better leg room than the centre seats on the outbound, the comfort of the seat was still poor. IFE worked a treat with plenty of options the only issue is the screen resolution which is barely visible when viewing dark scenes in a movie. SYD-HKG cabin crew were first rate very efficient pleasant and could not do enough to help. Food was also good, the crew for the second part of the trip were also a credit to the airline. A pity the outbound could not match the high standard of the return but my faith has been restored and Virgin will get another chance.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by P Horton (UK)

VS76, MCO-MAN. Previously allocated seats of 16H & K on the lower deck changed by Virgin to 24H & K on upper deck. Check in at Orlando like organised chaos. Boarding on time and efficient. Welcome drink provided. IFE magazine provided for March, shame entertainment available on system was from February! Crew disinterested. One alcoholic drink provided with dinner which only comprises of salad, main course, tiny dessert and bread roll. No cheese, biscuits or chocolate. Coffee served in paper cup. Baileys or brandy offered. Additional request for another bottle of wine resulted in 1 bottle for 2 of us served in plastic cup! No juice with breakfast, lukewarm tea/coffee. Crew disinterested. Total opposite to VS75, MAN-MCO service 1 week earlier.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by R Jackson (UK)

Virgin Little Red. I am having to fly up to Edinburgh from London regularly for family reasons. I have tried all the airlines on that route and by far Virgin little red is the best. The price is always reasonable, the flights always on time and the cabin crew are some of the best I have encountered without exception on every trip. I am very hard to please but I cannot fault Virgin little red. Highly recommend.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by A Hein (UK)

We travel each year to St Lucia and booked Premium Economy both ways this time. Previously we had seats upstairs in the 'bubble' but with the new aircraft on this route this is not available. The new arrangements are not a patch on the previous ones. Apart from the main cabin being much less quiet and peaceful, the seats are less comfortable and the storage facilities very basic. It will be BA next year.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by J Andrews (UK)

Return trip LHR to DXB in Upper Class. All on time smooth and efficient, food pleasant and good quality wines. IFE worked well. Lounge still one of the best if not too crowded. Seating on A330 much too cramped for a premium cabin, the aisle is so narrow the cabin crew cannot use a trolley. Crew were generally pleasant and helpful. Seat itself is also very tight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by J Green (UK)

As a party of 12 travelling together we were so disappointed with check in service at Gatwick and return check in at Downtown Disney. After pre booking our seats we were allocated on arrival different seats meaning we were all split up for 9 hr journey. On return same thing happened leaving our 3 yr old grandson to sit on his own, when pointing this out to them we were told to sort it out ourselves. Meals offered were disgusting, over cooked and rock hard rolls all inedible. Would never travel with them again. Ruined a fantastic holiday.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Jennifer Rolfe (UK)

First time flying with Virgin Atlantic, and despite leaving over 2.5 hours early for a 45 minute journey, I was delayed so badly by traffic that I knew I would not make the baggage drop. I called ahead, warning them I was behind, and although the lady on the phone was sympathetic, she said there was little I could do but get there and do my best. When I arrived, 15 minutes after baggage closure, I begged the lady working to help me. She went above and beyond, booking my baggage in quickly, giving me directions and calling the airplane staff to let them know I was on my way. Despite another hold up in customs due to a family in front, when I arrived at the gate, the staff were friendly and relaxed, helping me get in and get seated as quickly as possible, all the time with a smile and a laugh. They got me water since I had been running, joked with me about the traffic and then continued with what I assume is their standard outstanding service. I have flown to America twice before with a different airline each time. This was by far the most comfortable, and most looked after I have ever felt and I hope I get to fly again with them soon.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 February 2014 by N Collard (UK)

LGW - Cancun return. My wife and I flew out to Cancun in Sep 2013. The 747 fleet had just been refurbished on this route, and our travel agent had a great last-minute upgrade deal for us (outbound and return) - which doubled our luggage allowance to two suitcases apiece. Priority check-in was great, and the staff were fantastic. As luck would have it, the morning we were flying out my wife had had a tumble and a mobility vehicle was laid on to take us directly to the gate. The Premium economy cabin was intimate - around 20-25 seats only, and we easily boarded and disembarked along with upper class. We were welcomed with champagne and shown to our seats. The seats were fantastic - very comfortable - and the inflight entertainment system made time fly by. The movie and music choices were top-rate and menu easy to navigate! The cabin crew were very attentive and service was excellent.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Max Chenery (UK)

LGW-MCO and inbound: MIA-LHR, so was able to experience the improved leisure economy and the Heathrow standard I have become used to after several previous trips. In my opinion, Virgin are flawless, still innovative, modern and sophisticated. Used their complimentary 'Twilight Check-in' the night before we flew - extremely convenient, and an excellent way of avoiding the additional queue's. Here we parted with our luggage, selected our seats and obtained our boarding passes, all in 20-25 minutes. Flight out was a 747-400, old livery however the inside was refurbished. Onboard, we were welcomed by a polite crew and directed to our seats. Inflight entertainment was simple with a variety of films, televisions programmes and other useful aspects that made the flight enjoyable. Menu offered: Lasagne, Coq au Vin and a vegetarian curry. I chose the Coq Au Vin and it was surprisingly tasty. Drinks services were regular, desert was handed out shortly after main was removed and afternoon tea was well presented and very appetising. Landed on-time at Orlando International airport and cleared immigration within 10 minutes, with a 15 minute wait for our bags to appear. Return journey home was on an older 747-400, beginning to show it's age in my opinion. Boarded to yet another smartly presented crew who directed everyone to their seats with a welcoming smile. When seated the entertainment system began after the safety demonstration and we pushed back on time. Meal service offered Beef and Vegetables, Chicken Tikka and a vegetarian Pasta dish. Again, relatively enjoyable. Drinks service was frequent and staff very attentive. I managed to sleep for around 4.5 hours and awoke to breakfast. I avoided the blueberry muffin as it looked absolutely revolting, I ate the breakfast bar and the fresh orange juice. Arrived in Heathrow 1 hour early, bags delivered as soon as we cleared customs.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Tyler Teresa (UK)

LHR to CPT and return. Night flights both ways. The Heathrow lounge a delight as always. The cabins crews both ways were professional and on our return flight created a very happy atmosphere. IFE on our outward flight was old fashioned but we were given IPads as well. On the return it was the Vera system which was OK. Seats/beds fine and meals good. The lounge in Cape Town was better than expected. The arrivals lounge at Heathrow is very good and the cooked breakfast is great if you missed it on the flight Generally we have always been pleased with our Virgin experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Stephen Smith (UK)

After finally shipping-off the children to various universities, my wife and I booked a 'Cancun' holiday. This was the first flight with 'Virgin', and we were both looking forward to it immensely. Check-in at Gatwick was very organised. We were bitterly disappointed with the in-flight meal, the only option being 'Sausage and mash', this was compounded by the problem of being unable to have a third alcoholic drink. Please don't think that we expected to become intoxicated, but, we were going on holiday, and a third drink, or even a fourth, small can of lukewarm beer would have been welcome.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Perrin Susan (UK)

LHR-CPT-JNB-LHR. February flight out was excellent great crew, comfortable bed, although Virgin do seem to be trying to cut costs in upper class. Lounge still excellent, return from Jo'burg lounge is great if a little small but we were bussed to the plane there was no airbridge, no priority boarding a complete shambles, not what you pay upper class fares for. Flight and crew faultless, although I do not know how airlines can overcome the issue of young children in a business class cabin on a night flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by S Dobbs (UK)

Flew VS77, MAN-BGI in PE 747. Good flights both ways, newer entertainment system, FAs good, food and drink good. Nice experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by James Mooney (UK)

I recently took a party of 6 people to Cape Town with Virgin Atlantic and will definitely never fly with them again. We paid for extra leg room and then found that for 3 of us sat together none of us had any internal inflight entertainment screens that worked. I asked if my client from the party could be upgraded to a seat with a working screen - the FSM said that a 30 additional payment for leg room entitled her to nothing and that he could offer her a seat directly in front of the toilet door. The plane appeared to have seats with the same problem all over the show. Added to this the food was poor and as for drinks - half a glass and then fend for yourself! The number of cabin staff was so few that service again was the worst I've experienced.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax