Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Tyler Teresa (UK)

LHR to CPT and return. Night flights both ways. The Heathrow lounge a delight as always. The cabins crews both ways were professional and on our return flight created a very happy atmosphere. IFE on our outward flight was old fashioned but we were given IPads as well. On the return it was the Vera system which was OK. Seats/beds fine and meals good. The lounge in Cape Town was better than expected. The arrivals lounge at Heathrow is very good and the cooked breakfast is great if you missed it on the flight Generally we have always been pleased with our Virgin experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Stephen Smith (UK)

After finally shipping-off the children to various universities, my wife and I booked a 'Cancun' holiday. This was the first flight with 'Virgin', and we were both looking forward to it immensely. Check-in at Gatwick was very organised. We were bitterly disappointed with the in-flight meal, the only option being 'Sausage and mash', this was compounded by the problem of being unable to have a third alcoholic drink. Please don't think that we expected to become intoxicated, but, we were going on holiday, and a third drink, or even a fourth, small can of lukewarm beer would have been welcome.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Perrin Susan (UK)

LHR-CPT-JNB-LHR. February flight out was excellent great crew, comfortable bed, although Virgin do seem to be trying to cut costs in upper class. Lounge still excellent, return from Jo'burg lounge is great if a little small but we were bussed to the plane there was no airbridge, no priority boarding a complete shambles, not what you pay upper class fares for. Flight and crew faultless, although I do not know how airlines can overcome the issue of young children in a business class cabin on a night flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by S Dobbs (UK)

Flew VS77, MAN-BGI in PE 747. Good flights both ways, newer entertainment system, FAs good, food and drink good. Nice experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by James Mooney (UK)

I recently took a party of 6 people to Cape Town with Virgin Atlantic and will definitely never fly with them again. We paid for extra leg room and then found that for 3 of us sat together none of us had any internal inflight entertainment screens that worked. I asked if my client from the party could be upgraded to a seat with a working screen - the FSM said that a 30 additional payment for leg room entitled her to nothing and that he could offer her a seat directly in front of the toilet door. The plane appeared to have seats with the same problem all over the show. Added to this the food was poor and as for drinks - half a glass and then fend for yourself! The number of cabin staff was so few that service again was the worst I've experienced.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Dale (UK)

We were put on a Virgin Atlantic flight from LAX as our Delta flight to LHR via Atlanta was cancelled due to storm last week. Have only flown Virgin once in the past (PE) and I have to say I was very impressed. Upper Class full but the crew were excellent. Like the layout and being only 5' 2" the bed was great for me. Food very acceptable both dinner and breakfast.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jean Jones (UK)

Travelled on VS076 from Manchester to Orlando. Had booked seats in upper cabin Premium Economy but seat numbers were located in lower cabin. Should not have been too much of an issue except a couple of very loud passengers kept up relentless conversations throughout flight. Complained to customer services who did not respond for 28 days. Lousy service. Response was full of it must have been my fault, and after June 2014 I can pay 25 for the privilege of Virgin getting it wrong. Virgin have published an incorrect seat plan and are not admitting it.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  15 February 2014 by B Swire (UK)

Just returned from Miami (Sunday) had super flight attendants. Have had to put 1 star for inflight entertainment as my earphones could not be used (fault with arm console). The flight attendant did everything she could but to no avail, and the way she dealt with it was first rate.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Shah Noor (UK)

VS01, DXB-LHR. First time with Virgin Atlantic. Half empty plane, very poor customer service from flight attendants, most of whom were miserable with not even a smile. Seats were not comfortable and the meal was below international standards. I am making judgement and comparison as I have flown with many other airlines and this is the worst one for me.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by P Crusher (UK)

VS603, Heathrow to Cape Town return. Great flights both ways, premium out, upper class return. Fantastic crew on outbound flight, worked so hard, meals were very tasty and drinks were plentiful. Return, slept in upper class bed for good 9 hrs,crew very friendly and good meals served without delay. Both flights were full to capacity, this must be a very popular route for Virgin, we will book flights with them again without doubt.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Rodder (UK)

New York JFK to Heathrow on A340-600. We expected terminal 4 at JFK to have some breakfast facilities for the 07.30 flight but the choice was McDonald's or a coffee stand. Chaotic boarding but a friendly crew and an OK daylight flight to London, apart from being very hungry. We were served a cereal bar, a muffin and tea or coffee after take off and then a small hot meal (chicken tikka) 2hrs before we arrived into Heathrow. Many passengers asked for food mid-flight as the limited breakfast options at JFK, together with a sugary snack after take off didn't really match up to Virgin's advertised "dining" experience. We accept that we travelled economy but I'd rate the catering service and quality on this flight as poor. Anyone taking the morning flight from New York should consider taking their own food as you won't get much on board. The entertainment worked well and the crew were friendly but the meal service was extremely disappointing and certainly doesn't match the website adverts. I can't recommend Virgin from New York to London, I'd expected them to be ahead of the competition, not way behind.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Berisford (UK)

VS19, LHR to SFO, 21st Dec 2013. Returning, VS20, SFO to LHR, 2nd Jan 2014. Economy seats very narrow, no room for arms and if the person in front of you puts their seat back you can't see your TV. Was disappointed with Virgin in general. Has a good reputation but was a letdown.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Rodder (UK)

Heathrow to JFK on a 747 in economy. Messy boarding at Terminal 3 from a gate area which could not accommodate 300+ passengers. A pleasant surprise to find we could sit on the upper deck which is very civilised compared to the busy economy section on the main deck. Friendly crew and some OK food and drinks with a generous selection of pretzels with the first drink round. The service was quite messy, the starter and main were handed to us first and then the crew cleared the trays before offering dessert but no one had any spoons; maybe easier if VS presented the tray in one piece. Mid flight ice creams offered followed by a light afternoon tea before we arrived. The entertainment worked well and plenty of choice was available. All in all a good flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by G Newman (UK)

30th Jan 2014, flight from Dubai to Heathrow on VS401. Boarding was chaotic at Dubai and during the flight they really know how to treat economy passengers like third class citizens. Seat uncomfortable and leg room was minimal. They could only provide my wife and myself with two seats in the middle of the middle row of four. The food was extremely disappointing with very small amounts of unappetising fare. Overall the experience was unpleasant and I would not travel with them again unless unavoidable.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by G Greenwood (Australia)

VS 200, HKG-SYD, A340-600. Cabin staff were quite quick to respond when the button was pressed but were hard to 'flag down' if simply present along the aisles. Food although generally good on previous flights was terrible this time because the main dish was identical for both dinner and breakfast and the appetiser comprised of a ration of saltine biscuits, assorted jam and meaningless mini paper cups and condiments. Movie selection was bland and I was disappointed that most of what was offered was already shown the previous month. TV screen was very dim and one of the earmuff covers for my headset disintegrated mid-flight. Seat could have been wider because the passenger next door could not keep their elbow and knee within their boundary given the 'shared' centre armrest.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Phillip Cook (UK)

JFK-LHR on VS004, 26th Jan. Excellent friendly check in process. Flight departed a tad late due to de-icing, frequent updating announcements by the skipper. Lovely quiet A330 seemingly new as everything was bright and clean. Crew were confident and professional, with smart new uniform on test. As a loyal BA customer this was my first venture with VA and as such was a pleasant surprise. I have minor health issue which the cabin crew were made aware of they could not have been more thoughtful and considerate. IFE is never a priority for me, but VA's was delight to explore, BA could learn much from it. Aircraft was about fifty percent capacity so those that wished could stretch out. Excellent food and cabin service. Stacked at LHR due to density and early arrival. I would certainly fly VA again.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax