Virgin America  Passenger Reviews and Virgin America Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Virgin America Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Smith (USA)

Flight 805 and 136 on August 16 2014. My first time on Virgin America. I only had a 35 min. layover in San Francisco. We all know what that means, or usually means: missed connecting flight, long layover into wee hours of the night, bags on different plane. The gate attendant told me "not to worry". The flight from Portland was 30 min. late leaving, we arrived in San Francisco just as my flight was scheduled to leave. To my amazement, an airport attendant was doing down the ramp and called out my name. When I answered, she said: "Follow Me. Your flight is waiting for you!" Sure enough she walked me to my gate and on I went. Seat was still available (amazing). A place for my overhead bag right by my seat (even more amazing). As I buckled in I noticed there was not only a place to plug in my iPod but a screen at each seat with a remote so you weren't poking the person in front of you all the time! I was able through the programs to select a beverage any time I wished and they brought it asap! The icing on the cake was that my bag was transferred to my plane in that short window of time and it was one of the first to pop out of the chute! I will be booking on Virgin American for all possible future flights.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Judy Hively (USA)

First class LAX to PHL: The flight attendant was in the front of the plane for about 30 minutes of the entire 5 hour flight. We did not get a drink until 20 minutes into the flight. This is the 6th first class flight with Virgin and this will be the last. I had to push my call button to get a drink and my dirty dishes cleaned up! Never once did they show they were happy to have you on board. If this had been a one time event I could over look it but there seems to be a theme here.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2014 by V Aly (USA)

Sound be called Nickel and Dime Airlines. I had flown Virgin Atlantic to London from LAX and thought Virgin America would be just as good. Was I wrong! Surly staff and charge upon charge for everything. Disorganized boarding in Los Angeles with a very rude ticket agent. There was a 3 hour delay to NY because of the weather, not their fault. When we landed in NY, some Delta passengers who had taken the same route (LAX-JFK) and also been delayed told us they were given free headphones, food and drinks to compensate. Virgin America didn't give us anything. Never again.

Virgin America Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Phil McConnell (Australia)

SEA-LAX in Y on an A319. Good inflight service from the crew and an early arrival into LAX. Inflight safety video certainly got our attention.

Virgin America Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Jeanne Mercado-Catalan (USA)

Economy Select

LAX-PHL, October 2013. Hawaiian Air booked our flight since they don't fly to Philadelphia, they did the leg LAX- PHL on Virgin America. We upgraded and paid I believe an extra $129 for the one way upgrade for a flight that would be 5 hours and a little more. This was one of the best things we spent money on, we got to pick the very first row after first class, its separated by a see through partition. We also, got more leg space, early boarding, lots of entertainment to pick from. Prior to the flight spoke to several CSR on the phone, and everyone I spoke to was very nice and professional. Since we upgraded we got unlimited food and drinks, you just order on the screen in front and its delivered to your seat in a timely manner. The selections were very good. The flight attendants were pleasant.

Virgin America Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Brett Kerrison (Australia)

Sydney, Australia to Philadelphia, USA via Hilo and Maui, Hawaii. My trip started at Sydney business class on Hawaiian airlines, I'm a Platinum member and have been for countless years I was met in the business line by the always attentive and friendly station manager who made sure I had no hiccups in checking in and off and had a good meal and few drinks in Air NZ lounge. Flight was nice, wasn't the best crew but they were professional and consistent. Arrive Honolulu get through customs quickly and managed to transfer to an early inter island flight, a perk for being platinum. 1st class Hilo to Maui, quick 49min flight, all on time. LAX to Philadelphia - this was my first time in first class and it will not be my last - great crew and food. The staff were all polite, professional and helpful. My return trip was quick, smooth check-in at Philadelphia. I took main cabin select as first was full, this too is a great product, food and drinks included and delivered via an order system built into your TV screen. Wifi was very cheap - 11 dollars for 3 hours.

Virgin America Customer review :  1 August 2014 by K Rooney (USA)

SFO to JFK on 7/24/14 and JFK to SFO on 7/28/14. Check-in (baggage drop) was uneventful and went quickly. Counter staff were courteous. Both flights went well. Pleasant, attentive flight crew. Seats were comfortable for me, but I am not particularly tall or overweight. There was enough free content on the seat back entertainment system to keep me occupied on the cross country flights. Having a dedicated AC electrical outlet ensured that my I-Pad stayed functional.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M O'Loughlin (New Zealand)

We flew with Virgin America on our return flight from JFK New York to LAX. The plane was near new and well appointed. We were most disappointed with the flight crew on the flight. We were seated near the rear of the plane close to the galley and toilets and had to put up with crew talking amongst themselves quite loudly for lengthy times during the flight which was annoying when we were trying to sleep. We would try to avoid using them again if we can.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Albert (USA)

I flew on Virgin America flight #89 at 9.15am today from IAD to LAX in First Class. Other than asking me which breakfast dish I would like, the flight attendant did not offer me anything to drink or ask if I needed anything for the five+ hour long flight. Not only that, but I had a hard time getting her attention the entire flight. With 40 minutes left in the flight, I finally waved her down and asked her for water. I have flown over 5 million miles on American Airlines alone and I have been considering Virgin as an ideal alternative until I spent as much as I did for first class and literally had to track down our flight attendant for a glass of water. My experiences with the positive attitude of Southwest Airlines' and American Airlines' flight attendants have been exceptional compared to today with Virgin.

Virgin America Customer review :  26 June 2014 by G Knott (UK)

Flew from JFK to Vegas on 16th June 2014. The check in experience at JFK was absolutely horrific with snarling aggressive staff who took great delight in seating 4 of us in totally separate areas of the plane. Perhaps it was because it was early on Monday morning or perhaps it was because when they found out we had already paid the $25 baggage tariff, whatever the reason, we appeared to have completely ruined their day such was their complete and utter contempt towards us. There was no eye contact, no communication whatsoever, just the faintest of a wry smile when she saw our shock at the seating arrangements we had been given. When challenged the response was "that's the best I could do". They have lost 4 passengers.

Virgin America Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Russell Greenstone (USA)

Flight from LAX, flight number 781, 6/21/14-6/25/14. My first time on this aircraft and I loved it. The seats were comfortable and the TV sets were excellent! The flight attendants were friendly and attentive. I would recommend.

Virgin America Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J McNeill (USA)

June 13th, VX321, FLL-LAX. June 18th,VX334,LAX-FLL. We heard so much about Virgin America and how they are the best to fly. When we departed, the staff at the gate were not friendly. When we got on the plane to LA there was one very friendly flight attendant. The rest seemed annoyed. I ordered a Coke for my son and it never came, so I asked a flight attendant, she never came back with it, then it was I guess 45 min. before landing and another attendant came around and when asked she said I need to order it on the screen and the ordering time was up, I told her I ordered it on the screen over an hour ago and she acted like she didn't believe me so she checked my screen, then went and got the drink. When going back home to Ft. Laud the ticket counter girl in LA was rude didn't tell us what gate to go to, then the flight attendants were very rude - again, as if they were annoyed to be there and the remote controls and TV screens were sticky and filthy. The good thing is that the pilot got us there and back on time as scheduled and it was a non-stop flight. I think Virgin America needs some serious Customer Service training implemented.

Virgin America Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Bill Hourigan (Australia)

Economy Select

Flew SFO-DCA and EWK-LAX in Main cabin Select. Very comfortable seats with additional legroom. The cabin crew were friendly on both sectors. I consider VA to be one of the best airlines I have flown with.

Virgin America Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Edward Valderrama (USA)

Virgin trip from Las Vegas to NYC was the worst flight I've ever had. The staff (a supervisor and her sidekick) at the terminal was crude and unprofessional. This will be my last trip on Virgin and I suspect they will continue to lose customers given the quality of their staff.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 May 2014 by J Humphrey (USA)

SFO-LAX-MCO on 4/24/14 and return on 4/30/14. Overall good flights. Friendly, attentive in-flight crews. Seats are comfortable enough for me. I believe they are slightly larger than on many other airlines. There are enough free entertainment options (Direct TV, music) to keep me happy. The only problem encountered was not Virgin's fault - the Air Traffic Control system went down in Los Angeles on 4/30 and screwed up everything. Our 9.30pm departure from LAX to SFO ended up leaving at 1.35am. It would be nice if the FAA would get their act together.

Virgin America Customer review :  28 April 2014 by T Clemens (USA)

Paid for the main cabin select upgrade, not really worth the extra money. Flew from SFO-FLL. This was the most unfriendly flight crew I have ever flown with. No smiles, no real interaction. Made me feel guilty for asking for a soda. Virgin really needs to make improvements with their staff.

Virgin America Customer review :  24 April 2014 by I Hall (USA)

Be prepared to pay for everything. Additional costs you don't think of when booking your flight added $90 more dollars to my trip: Check baggage, meal and a movie. The seats are cramped and I'm a petite person. I flew to DC from San Diego, changed planes in San Francisco. All day internet pass was 16$ from San Diego to San Francisco, same all day internet pass from San Francisco to DC was 36$. You would think an all day pass would be the same price, The days don't get longer, only the flights. Greedy, very Greedy. I will never fly Virgin again.

Virgin America Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Lidia Sabljic (USA)

Who designed the seats? It reclines about 1/2 inch and feels like 1/4. When it's in it's upright position, I actually felt like I was leaning forward. "Put your seats in an upright position before landing?" The seat is upright when it's fully reclined! My elbow kept going into the armrest channel / volume control, which was carefully positioned to maximum discomfort. My red eye flight from LAX to FLL left me with a mangled spine and crooked neck. I won't even mention the embarrassing prices to watch an in flight movie or TV show.

Virgin America Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Mark Ferguson (Australia)

Boston - LAX, April 9. Possibly the worst cabin attendants I have ever experienced, no communication skills, almost threw the food at us, were of no other assistance (even though we were in cabin select). The cabin crew spent most of the flight watching movies or reading magazines at the rear of the plane. Cabin select was of no value at all. Travelling cabin select was a worse experience than travelling economy with Delta.

Virgin America Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Gilbert Schwartz (USA)

Flew SFO-FLL on 3/17/14, first class (seats 1 A,B). Check-in at SFO was fast and efficient and took only a few minutes with no one in front of us. The lounge at SFO is futuristic but unattractive with an overdose of reds and blacks and uncomfortable seating. Boarding was quick with no problem. The flight crew was aloof and seemed preoccupied. They all wear street clothes. Although well attired - no uniforms? It appears very unprofessional and exudes little confidence. There is no closet for garments. I was told to store my jacket in the overhead bin - really? In first class? Food service was mediocre at best. A choice of two appetizers and two entrees. We ordered the rice noodles main course and as I don't expect anything close to gourmet food, the food was cold and inedible. The flight attendant was nowhere to be found although seen frequently during the flight sitting in the jump seat in the galley. Although dessert was included as part of the meal service, none was provided. I emailed customer service with my comments and received no reply which I find inexcusable.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 April 2014 by G Nishihira (USA)

SAN-SFO-SAN. Apr 5, return Apr 6. Flights 961 there, 960 back. Very pleased with our trip on VA. Nice little hummus / mozzarella / vegetable tray along with a snack basket selection on both flights. Comfortable seats and friendly cabin attendants. Both flights arrived early. Pilots gave first PA greeting on both flights - nice touch. Love the whole Virgin America ambience on board.

Virgin America Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Liam Murphy (USA)

EWR-LAX. Airbus Industrie A320 JET. The Ground Crew was fine. When we got on the plane, the seats were very crammed in, but the cabin crew was good. You had to pay for basically anything you want on a plane, food, movies $8.00, but the juice was free. We didn't reserve seat so they put us at the back of the plane, where you heard the flight attendants talking loudly. In the bathroom the sink was odd, and they didn't announce how to use it. Eventually figured it out. I ended up watching TV shows on my computer. I'll never fly with them again if I don't have to.

Virgin America Customer review :  24 March 2014 by G Schwartz (USA)

Flew LAX-FLL, Flt 330 on Mar 17 2014 - seat 1A-1B. The check-in process was efficient, quick and courteous. Upon boarding, I asked the flight attendant for a place to hang my suit jacket. I was advised that there is no closet and to place it flat in the overhead bin. The flight attendants were very inattentive. Most of the time spent in the jump seat reading. Meal service included a meagre salad and a choice of two entrees. I choose the rice noodles. The food was not heated properly. Although dessert was included on the menu, none was offered. Seats do not fully recline to flat bed but were reasonably comfortable for the 5 hour flight. In-flight entertainment was good and included various selections in addition to satellite live broadcasts.

Virgin America Customer review :  14 March 2014 by E Bayard (USA)

Economy Select

Seat rows are jammed together, cramped and seats have a bulky, non-removable head "rest" which compelled me to tip my head forward and down, pushing my face even closer to the already too-close seat in front of me. This was unendurable in an overnight flight when I longed to recline as much as possible but was forced into this forward- head position. Aisle was so narrow that it was impossible to avoid knocking into seated passengers when navigating to the restroom (I am slim and small). Horrible experience. Hard to imaging ever flying VA again.

Virgin America Customer review :  3 March 2014 by C Morgan (USA)

Flew an evening flight from DFW to SFO on A320 non-stop. First time on Virgin, overall pleased with the flight. Amble leg room seating good, food good, service great, IFE was very good, compared to others which had none. Highly recommend and would fly again, fare hard to beat.

Virgin America Customer review :  28 February 2014 by N Miller (USA)

Economy Select

Disappointed with a round-trip SFO-LAX-SFO in Main Cabin Select - food selection is pretty pathetic - the 'Hearty Meal' is a box containing a tiny bag of some kind of chips/crisps, about 4 slices of salami and a little pot of something else. Service was generally very good on both flights - but again my unfortunate neighbor tried to order a snack on the menu that apparently was not available - the flight attendant said 'only what's on the menu on the screen' - his choice was included in the on-screen menu! It was a long day and so the lighting did nothing for me, but the general atmosphere is much better than UA and I would probably choose them again. Thankfully they have upgraded their sparkling wine since my last flight with them a few years ago!

Virgin America Customer review :  25 February 2014 by T Morris (USA)

I flew from Las Vegas to San Fran, with a connecting flight from San Fran to Philadelphia. After flying with Spirit from Philly to Las Vegas, this was a welcoming experience. First time flying with Virgin, I got a really good deal. Wanted to change my flight at the last min, but prices were outrageous. A $900 difference. But other than that I would definitely recommend this airline to travelers. Traveled with elderly father and the wheelchair assistance and their employees were great with the airline and the employees at Las Vegas and San Fran. Philly was not overly friendly, but that was to be expected.

Virgin America Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Paul Eveloff (USA)

Economy Select

Outgoing, SFO-JFK. Return, JFK-SFO. The seating comfort, legroom, food quality and selection and entertainment on Virgin America has declined over the last year from my personal rating of Very Good to Great to Disappointing at Best and Very Uncomfortable. Seat size and legroom as a standard have declined markedly and steadily. Both of my recent flights on American and United have had better seats, more leg room and much better food. The selection of videos and entertainment has decreased. Lastly is the food - it is cheap. The choice of entrees are worse than you can find in a gas station. Regardless of the abysmal conditions currently on VA, the people are uniformly very nice and do the best they can. I paid an extra $399 on this trip to upgrade to first class after I boarded the plane and found that I could not turn my shoulders in a standard exit row seat with a seat mate of normal weight and size as am I. A big price to pay just to be able to have room for my laptop. Food was OK but nothing close to the many other first class meals I've had.

Virgin America Customer review :  15 February 2014 by J Culver (USA)

LAX to Dulles, October 2013. This was my first trip on Virgin America, and I will save the additionally money to fly with them next time. I love being able to order food/drinks on the interactive screen and watch the news as well, credit card automatically charged for any expenditures and the information is deleted after the flight hits close to your destination. The seat I had was an aisle one and very comfortable really, it seemed like just after we took off, it was time to buckle down for landing. The only thing I can find to criticize has nothing to do with Virgin, it has to do with Dulles, it's quite a trip from the main lobby where Virgin is located to the actual gate involving elevators and a subway train ride.

Virgin America Customer review :  12 February 2014 by J Humphrey (USA)

IAD to SFO on 2/11/14. Friendly, courteous and attentive cabin crew and staff at check-in counter. Everything went well. Baggage claim at SFO seemed to take a bit longer than usual.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 January 2014 by J Humphrey (USA)

SFO to IAD on 2/6/14. Check-in was quick. Friendly agent at check-in counter. Boarding went quickly. Attentive and friendly cabin crew. Flight arrived early (tail winds). Bags were already in baggage claim by the time we got there from the aircraft. Great experience from start to finish.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 January 2014 by B Greenhill (USA)

San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale and back via Los Angeles. 1/25/14 and 2/2/14. Never ever again VA. You can't recline the seats. The arm rest is super uncomfortable since the remote control is on top of it. You don't even get a bag of nuts on a 6 hour flight, you have to pay for it, which means you need to get you cc out of the overhead compartment but everything is so tight. The airplane kitchen is almost in the tiny bathroom. The stewards have hardly room to manage anything. But they have a rap song to tell you how to put on your seat belt. You have to pay for movies, ear phones and no pillow or blanket.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Goldsmith (USA)

First and last trip on Virgin America. I had flown Virgin Atlantic to London years ago and had a bad experience. Uncomfortable seats, no legroom. This time, round trip LAX / JFK. Really not good. The worst terminal at LAX. Bad food. Flight was late. Seat terribly uncomfortable. Still No Legroom. Bad TV choices. No free movies you've heard of. On the return flight my seat was broken and didn't recline. Staff was unconcerned. They charge $25 per bag and don't provide a meal - I guess this is common but on Jet Blue they don't charge for a bag and the seats are comfortable. Nothing to recommend this airline except nice lighting and music.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Watson (Australia)

Flew in Sept 2013 from LAX to JFK. My mother and I were very impressed and we felt at home after flying Virgin Australia domestically within Australia. The 2 airlines are very similar. Nice new plane, clean interior with mood lighting. Wide selection of food available to purchase at a reasonable price. Nice smooth flight across the country. Whizzed through check-in early morning flight in LA. We love that the planes all have quirky, funny names!

Virgin America Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Batra (USA)

Flight 187 from Newark to San Francisco Dec 20 2013. The aircraft was cold when we boarded and we were told the heating would be turned on once the door was closed and there was nothing they could do in the interim. So we all actually went into our bags and pulled out our jackets to put them on. When I was offered a beverage before takeoff, I asked for a hot tea, I was told there would be no hot beverages before takeoff. I was offered the lunch menu for our flight, however they insisted on serving lunch at 11 am (origin time) which was 8 am at our destination. There was no question or flexibility of serving the meal even an hour later even though it was a 6 hour flight. As is customary, a few minutes before the plane began the initial descent for landing there was an announcement to facilitate those who need to go to the restroom or access the overhead bins before the fasten seatbelt light comes on. However, immediately after the stewardess made the PA announcement she went into the only first class restroom there was and stayed in there for 20 mins. No one in first class could use the restroom because the fasten seatbelt light was switched on by the time the stewardess came out. She apologized as she walked by us with her make-up bag under her arm. Given I paid $3600 for this first class round-trip to NY, I have to confess that for the first time in my experience with Virgin America did I find it to to be an inferior airline to United. Additionally it seems that Virgin America has lost it's "cool" factor. Case in point is the new safety video, which is stylistically a cross between a badly choreographed low budget broadway musical and a 90's jingle from a supermarket detergent ad.

Virgin America Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Seth Sipe (USA)

Arrived at SFO from SEA for a connecting flight to Las Vegas. Flight was delayed first one hour then two hours and then 3 hrs. The gate crew kept reassuring that a part was being installed in the plane and it would be ready for loading. The flight was cancelled after 4 hours. I was booked on another flight and not compensated for anything. I had to take the last seat available and missed all my connections for ground transportation to Utah. This is my second and last bad experience with Virgin America.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Ned Hopkins (USA)

Economy Select

SFO-SJD-SFO, main cabin going, main cabin select return. Both flights left on time and arrived 15-30 minutes early. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful, despite grumbling from some passengers on the fully booked flights. The extra legroom in main cabin select was well worth the additional cost.

Virgin America Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Jerry Morrison (USA)

This is my first experience with Virgin America and unfortunately it will be my last. Just set up two tickets to LAX from DFW. On one ticket the online system allowed me to select a seat next to the other ticket but as I proceeded to check out it declared I had not selected a seat. On the 4th try, the seat selection still did not work and the fare increased another $40+. I called for assistance and was told seat was available and that they handled it. When I asked about the increase in fare, they said yes that is the way it works sometimes if you are on the system for 15 minutes the fares can increase. This is not the consumers fault that Virgin's online system did not work properly but they penalize the consumer. DFW is extremely competitive and this cost Virgin two customers.

Virgin America Customer review :  15 November 2013 by T Nienow (USA)

Main Cabin Select is comfortable and they throw in enough amenities, including priority TSA lines, to make it worth the extra price. Main Cabin is not a good experience. The seats are really small and close together and they make you pay for everything. The DISH Network TV is free, but the programming is very mediocre, and, on my flight, the sound kept going out. They also constantly interrupt your viewing with announcements, which get pretty grating when it's pumped directly into your head. Southwest's regular seats are significantly more comfortable than Virgin America's Main Cabin, and JetBlue give you free snacks. The flight crew were courteous, but there's far too much activity in the cabin with the flight attendants bringing snacks and drinks to passengers on almost a continual basis, because everyone can place orders on their TV screens.

Virgin America Customer review :  15 November 2013 by P Peter (USA)

SF Vegas LA. Two short but great flights in first class. Light delicious snacks, extremely comfortable seats and eager to please staff on the ground and in the air. This is how it should be done up front.

Virgin America Customer review :  29 October 2013 by T Wain (USA)

I was so disappointed. I had a 4 hour flight in a very tight uncomfortable space. The couple behind me had 2 small children that were uncontrollable. They kicked my seat the whole flight and cried the whole trip. The TV wasn't working, and I really doubt that headphones would have helped the situation. My flight back was not much better. I was so excited for my trip and had heard great things about Virgin Airlines, but I was completely let down.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Randy Torres (USA)

I flew on flight 720 from Dallas to San Francisco and I had a great experience. The flight attendants were excellent, check-in was great and the flight left on time! Satisfied customer.

Virgin America Customer review :  14 October 2013 by W Huang (USA)

Flew from BOS-SFO-BOS and continue to be impressed, it's definitely a cut above the competition. Nice, new planes with comfortable leather seats and cool lighting. Crews are always friendly. Good selection of both free satellite TV and pay per view. Also love the online ordering on the seatback TV, but wish they stocked just a few more fresh food options (usually you get a choice of a couple of light options such as wraps and salads, but wish they would have more substantial choices to choose from). Also, the powerports at every seat really makes a difference. One small detail that is easily overlooked but which I greatly appreciate is the Google Maps feature that tracks where your plane is. Unlike other airlines (JetBlue and Frontier) who keep on interrupting the Map View every few seconds with their annoying ads, the Virgin version is ad-free.

Virgin America Customer review :  11 October 2013 by L Nichols (UK)

Flew on their 09.50 service from JFK to Las Vegas on 5th October. This was my first experience of VA and they were brilliant. The flight attendants were friendly, helpful and polite. The cabin was pristine and the mood lighting added to the whole ambience of calm. If this is typical of the airline then what a fantastic product and I look forward to flying with them again.

Virgin America Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Emery Robin (USA)

Economy Select

BOS-SFO. Inbound flight was great. Traveling Main Cabin Select was worth the extra money. All entertainment, food, drinks and baggage was included. I loved the priority security. My one complaint was that on the return flight they turned off the ordering system about 2 hours prior to landing. It really negated the free food and drinks. They did offer a bottle of water though.

Virgin America Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Zachary Ho (Singapore)

VA 752 from LAX to SFO was scheduled to depart at 11.20pm but was delayed because the clouds were below 2000ft which it can't, so SFO close the airport. Departure was pushed back to 12.30pm and Virgin did not inform us until we reached the gate. We boarded the plane finally and right back into the delay segment again, same problem with SFO. However, the captain and the crew was excellent and displayed true professionalism and great service. Captain went about and personally informed passengers of the problem and the FA made jokes which cheered us up. Delays continued as we sat on the tarmac for another 1 hr before we finally took off at 3.20pm. Without the positive attitude from its FA, this flight would be miserable but luckily it was not.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Stephanie White (USA)

Flew JFK to SFO. A small plane six seats wide. Three on either side. Seats were crammed in. I paid extra for an express seat but don't see what value actually received for that other than getting on board second to the last calling. In the front it was terribly warm with little air circulation. The flights were longer than that of a larger plane which I would fly on American Airlines. I was so miserable and so uncomfortable. Would never fly this airline again. Never.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7