Virgin America  Passenger Reviews and Virgin America Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  18 August 2011 by Richard Connett   (New Zealand)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX to DFW. The plane a new A320 was pretty full. The crew were very good. Great entertainment system, with wifi and satellite TV. You could order snacks and drinks from your seat via the IFE system. Nothing was too much bother for the staff. A nice touch was the Pilots coming out of the cockpit at the end of the flight to thank everyone for flying with them.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  27 July 2011 by Andrew Smirh   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SEA-LAX Economy. Nice new plane (A320), pink and blue lighting made for a very pleasant ambience. Flight attendants were very friendly. Great value product.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  25 July 2011 by George Oslobanu   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Flight from Orlando to San Francisco. First time flying with Virgin America. The aircraft was an A320. Well maintained, extremely clean, not a single piece of trash or anything on the ground. I love the IFE, you can just select a movie and watch it. You also have music, games and live TV available. Food was great, and the flight attendants were fantastic. I especially like the RED system where you can select something that you want to eat or drink, and a couple of minutes later, one of the flight attendants brings it to you. It's great value for money and I definitely recommend it to anybody who considers flying with them. I am 100% positive I will be flying them again.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 July 2011 by C Ellis   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

MCO-SFO-MCO. Great flight and great service. Love the wi-fi and that you can order food/drink from your seat. Virgin America bring back the enjoyment of flying. Look out legacy carriers.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 July 2011 by Tony Locantro   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Fantastic experience on both legs A319 Las Vegas-NYC, and NYC-LAX on A320. Clean, newish planes, mood lighting, comfortable leather sets and decent legroom on a domestic route. Was very impressed with the captains speech in full view of passengers, solid service and the ability to order snacks throughout the seat through the RED system. The IFE was more than generous with numerous free programs, and fairly recent movies to purchase. Friendly ground crew at all locations and the male FA's were far more restrained than the Australian FAs we get with Virgin Australia. Americans finally get a domestic service that Australians have had for years.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  1 July 2011 by R Chang   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SFO-LAX-SFO. First time flying Virgin America and it was a great experience. The website was simple and easy to use. The FA's were extremely courteous and polite and the pilots were funny. The A320 had great legroom, the cabin was well maintained, and the IFE was had lots of music, movies, games, and live TV. On the way back I asked to be put on standby for an earlier flight and the gate agent did it for me in a polite and respectful manner, none of the nonsense you get from United or American. And considering the price they offer, I definitely will fly Virgin America in the future.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  28 June 2011 by Sally Holliday   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

What a great experience! I flew from SFO-Orlando, Florida. My seat ended up being between two rather large women, and the one on the aisle was unable to stand up to let me get to my seat. The steward, decided with me that rather than embarrass the aisle passenger, we would wait until the plane was loaded and change my seat. I was moved to the front bulkhead seat, given a free sandwich for the inconvenience I experienced (which to me was not an inconvenience at all). Well done, Virgin America! You took me back to a time when an airline passenger was important and treated very well!

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  26 June 2011 by M Cymbalak   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 9/10

JFK-LAX Main Cabin Select, one way. Allowed two checked bags as it was booked on the same ticket as my international flight on V Australia. Loved what Virgin America offer, especially the ability to order food and drink (free on this fare) from the IFE and then it magically comes to you soon after. IFE was also packed with plenty of music and movies etc. Very good experience, they offer and present an excellent product.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  11 June 2011 by C O'Bryant   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

SEA-SFO A319/320. Check in and boarding efficient. Flight attendants courteous and professional. I found economy seats comfortable for a 90 minute flight - good leg room. Cabin clean and well maintained. Virgin is a unique product in the US vs the main line carriers.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  1 June 2011 by E Mabley   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-FLL-LAX round trip. Service was top notch, with boarding efficiency, inflight service, food and IFE well above US standards. Virgin America is the only US airline whose premium economy and first class products are enough of an upgrade over economy to be actually worth the extra money on all flights.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  1 June 2011 by J O'Sullivan   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Virgin America just started flying out of ORD, so I expected glitches. Not too many tho. Two major things to work on. The system for pre-printing boarding passes kept locking up. Going to SFO was fine, returning it was impossible to print out. System kept locking up. Cost me money each time I tried, but was never able to do it. Had to have an agent do it at the ticket counter. Seats were roomy enough, planes clean.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  20 May 2011 by J Feldman   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SFO to FLL travelling with infants. Plane new and clean. Flight attendants professional, pleasantly surprised at good amount of leg room. Loved the individual screen for shows, and ability to order a beverage from my seat. I'm most grateful for the flight attendant that opened the bathroom door for me and pulled down the infant changing table - as my arms were full of a baby and a diaper bag.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  19 May 2011 by B Smithson   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 7/10

LAX-JFK return. Virgin America straddles a weird and fairly confusing space between full- service and budget, but is surely the most innovative airline in the US. So many simple touches - playing music at check-in, captain farewelling passengers and explaining delays at the boarding gate instead of check-in staff, ordering food from seat-back screen. The legroom is fine by domestic standards but would be tight internationally. My flight over was without incident but the flight back was cancelled. This is where Virgin America completely fell apart. They could not handle the mess of 180 angry passengers trying to get out of New York. Despite sprinting back to the check-in desk it took them 3 hours to get me a hotel and food voucher and they couldn't tell me when I could fly next but said they would call. They never did and it was up to me to contact them to try and get to LAX. There was no communication - we were not told the ticketing system was down - to us it appeared that they were just incredibly slow, taking an hour to process each passenger. The airport hotel was excellent and they were able to get me to LAX via SFO less than 24 hours later.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  26 April 2011 by E Izzard   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

Flew from Las Vegas and loved the fact I could upgrade for less than $500. The plane was a bit worn but very comfortable. The attendants were very nice. The only complaint I have is the food was by far the worst I've been served on any airline. I pretty much starved, as I could not eat what was served. Even the bread rolls were stale and not good. So please whoever is in charge of food service do something about it.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 April 2011 by Jason Stevens   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 10/10

My partner and I were blown away by the friendliness, professionalism and dedication of the cabin crew on this flight. Not only did they present us with a bottle of red wine (signed by the entire crew) to congratulate us on our recent wedding but the head attendant came to the baggage claim to return my jacket which I stupidly left on board.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  14 March 2011 by Jonathan Guerra   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

JFK to SFO round trip, staff professional and friendly. The flight on the way to SFO was only about 70% full which was nice, and the flight attendants seemed to take extra time to make sure passengers were happy and were enjoying the flight. I enjoyed the satellite TV and the reasonably priced wifi. On the return flight (a red eye), the check in staff were especially friendly and helpful, enjoyed the snack served, and managed to get some sleep. The mood lighting is actually helpful. I would even pay a bit more to fly them over other carriers out of JFK.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  17 February 2011 by Mike Palmer   (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

JFK to SFO. Booked main cabin select for extra leg room (+ one free case, priority boarding, priority check in and some free food / drink) - 6 hours before (in the middle of the night) we upgraded to first for $160 each. The money was well worth it due to the luxury of 2x2 seating for the first two rows only. However, like a lot of flights you're at the mercy of your neighbours - in our case a mother and child who were loud. 1 hour delay announced at the gate at JFK where staff were indifferent beyond belief. They didn't really know what was going on and in the end we left over two hours late. There were some nice touches- lighting in the cabin, music in the rest rooms, pilot doing his briefing from the cabin. The flight attendants were very pleasant, quite informal and helpful. The food in first wasn't really up to scratch. A salad, main, dessert. (and free drinks on request) followed by nothing - I'd expect a second snack at least. Although the seat was roomy, there were no obvious instructions for the seat, and it was trial and error to work out the best config to rest in. WiFi was NOT free and cost $11.95 for a laptop - good value, with pretty good speed for 39000 feet. The negative comment really was on safety. A mediocre briefing, poor checks of the cabin, and lead flight attendant despite making the PA for all electronic items to be switched off, continued to use his iphone! Main Cabin select seemed worth the money at the time of booking (and the people in our original seats looked comfy). The upgrade to first was worth every cent for the space though I think labelling the service first (other than the seat) is probably pushing it a bit!

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  15 February 2011 by C Meyer   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SFO-DFW return - the best bargain out there. Booked economy, and upgraded to main cabin select, then upgraded to first class. The upgrade included free meals, free baggage, wi-fi, as well as TV and movies. The most inexpensive upgrade of any airline I've flown. The service was excellent. Since we flew with a handicapped passenger, Virgin America made sure wheelchair accomodations were waiting for us at the arrival gates.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  31 January 2011 by P Vaden   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

They canceled my return flight from Canada and then acted as if they were doing me a monumental favor by not charging me to change my flight to one that was not canceled. The customer service representative was smarmy and seemed to take some pleasure in my inconvenience. Then they advertised that flight on their website as "sold out" to make themselves look good. The prices are great, but only if your flight actually happens.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  31 January 2011 by L Johnston   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-MCO. We originally had booked Main Cabin Select, but once we boarded we noticed there were available seats in first class. We asked the flight attendant if we could upgrade, and he immediately went to the ticket counter and arranged the upgrade. Within 5 minutes we moved to first class. Needless to say it was one of the best flights we have taken. flight attendant was very attentive to our needs and extremely friendly. They were having an internet promotion at that time, so internet was free for everyone, not just first class.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  29 January 2011 by B Magarik   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

LAX-IAD Red eye. Check-in is terrific, security was awful. New plane, leather seats. Good food, innovative ordering system. Didn't really sleep much. Slightly more pleasant than the United flight, though rather be on a 767. Redeyes are all pretty bad.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  14 January 2011 by T Bolor   (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

LAX-JFK flight. Two of us travelled and paid just under $400 for two for the tickets. When we got to LAX: they charged $25 for each checked in bag. $2 for each in-flight entertainment headphones, $8 for each in flight film, $10 for the wireless internet, $8 for a sandwich. The seats were comfortable and the cabin was great but the corporate policy of this airline is questionable to say the least. I for one shall not be flying Virgin America next time. They pretend to be a major carrier but act like a low cost airline.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  9 January 2011 by H Macdonald   (USA)

Trip Rating : 8/10

JFK-LAX return, and required a wheelchair for the return flight. Personnel at both ends couldn't have been more accommodating - perfect help and service, including a stop in LAX to buy food and water for the trip. Seats were comfy enough, especially for the very good price, legroom could have been better but then it always could, and the chicken salad sandwich I ordered in flight was excellent. I would fly with Virgin America again - Virgin Atlantic is another story.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  30 November 2010 by J Taylor   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

New York Kennedy to San Francisco, economy. Boarding the aircraft, I was told that my IFE would not work and I would be compensated. To my surprise it worked perfectly. The cabin was clean, meal, snack, and drink options were a pricey let-down. Because it was the holidays, (few days after thanksgiving) there was free wireless, as opposed to the usual 8 dollars/month. My seat was comfortable and roomy - cabin had awesome lighting.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  3 November 2010 by R Dunigan   (Canada)

Trip Rating : 8/10

YYZ-LAX First Class. It was Halloween, and cabin crew were dressed in costume and quite jovial. Appearance of cabin very clean and crisp. Seat very roomy and electronic controls were great. Cushion on the firm side but quite nice overall. Dinner fine, though being in row 2 and having only one choice of meal left was a bit disappointing. Entertainment system great with movies and live satellite TV available. On time departure, early arrival. Bags out relatively quickly. Good trip, I would fly with them again.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  3 November 2010 by Stacey Frimerman   (Canada)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-YYZ. One of the best experiences I have had with an airline in a long time. The staff was extremely friendly, the flight attendants were young and happy to help. The baggage allowance is amazing. The flight left on time and arrived on time if not a little bit early. Large variety of food and drinks on flight. I would definitely recommend this airline and I will choose Virgin America as my first choice in airline to LAX.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  28 October 2010 by Meredith Lahmann   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

SFO to JFk and back. The staff friendly, professional and efficient. The whole process from purchasing tickets, to online boarding passes, simple food ordering on board, was excellent and easy. I was most impressed that the cabin staff was constantly walking through the cabin to relieve passengers of any refuse, so the cabin remained clean and there was no juggling of used cups, food containers, etc. My only difficulty is that while slightly more roomy than some other airlines, the leg room is still uncomfortable for anyone with long legs.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  1 October 2010 by B Deal   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-JFK return. Would recommend Virgin America to anyone - they were great (the only thing I could complain about is the $25 baggage fee, but the fares were cheap so it didn't matter too much). New planes with unique mood lighting made for a pleasant flight. Both flights left on time and one arrived considerably early. The service and the food I bought were both good.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  28 September 2010 by E Mabley   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

LAX-Seattle round trip the same day. I was seated in the bulkhead premium economy row. Legroom was ample, the inflight entertainment worked reasonably well except when the satellite cut out for about 20 minutes on the outbound, the food was tasty and the cabin staff were much more engaging and professional than the unionised drones on United or Alaska. The only gripe I have is that the cabin interior has too much white, which causes problems with glare when the windows are open. They need to add more contrasting colour to reduce glare.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  18 September 2010 by J Huff   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

IAD-LAX-IAD. Check-in efficient and personable. Cabin crew on both flights helpful and friendly. The RED entertainment system charged $8 to watch on-demand movies on one's little screen - very overpriced, but at least this is made up for with extensive free TV, music and games options (especially the music - top-notch). Meal options are similarly pricey and sometimes disappointingly small, although I can't fault them on taste. Lavatories are slightly roomier than the norm and each seat comes with the great convenience of an AC power jack. For a ticket that was only $20 more than the usual cross-continental cattle cars, I had a fab flight with Virgin and will consider them again.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  13 August 2010 by Michael Burg   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

BOS-SFO-LAX and back. Upbeat staff, new aircraft, and good service. I think their success right now is the crews are young - it will be interesting to see how the airline does in the coming years as the company ages.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  13 August 2010 by L Strom   (USA)

Trip Rating : 8/10

I have recently flown VA three times FLL-SFO. Check-in is cheerful. The airplanes are new and comfortable, non-stop flights and great in-flight entertainment, tasty food for sale on board. The flighty attendant service is very spotty and sometimes FA's are quirky.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  11 August 2010 by Lance Smith   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

BOS-LAX, flew Virgin for the second time. Great comfortable leather seats new A320 and tv screens and entertainment on each seat. One problem, the cabin crew, I flew on a night flight and asked the cabin attendant for a pillow and a blanket. She replied very rudely "Sorry but pillows and blankets are for first class passengers only!" Although I had this experience I will fly Virgin again and bring my own blanket next time.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  22 July 2010 by M Gorczynski   (Poland)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-SFO-LAX with new A320. Everything on time, clean and nice plane, friendly staff. I hadn't seen such a good IFE, especially in low cost airlines. Easy boarding, self-checkin and flight. Price was really low - 100 USD bought 4 weeks before.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  20 July 2010 by D Ingemann   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SFO-SEA and return. Virgin America leaves the US legacy airlines in the dust. Clean, new A319. Fast check in both trips, but shame about the check-in baggage fee. Friendly professional crew. The Captain came into the cabin before the flight departed to make his announcements and was waiting again while passengers left the plane. Very good AVOD entertainment system, with very wide range of music and good range of free satellite TV stations and with a standard headphone jack). Comfortable seats with reasonable seat pitch in economy (compared to Qantas or American Airlines). Nice mood lighting in the cabin. Free coffee and soft drinks.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  18 July 2010 by John Gezoff   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

FLL-LAX and return last week. Everything went smoothly on both flights (return was a red-eye). Operation at FLL very smooth since only 2 LAX and 2 SFO trips operate from there. Even at LAX which appears to be a hub for them, everything went smoothly. Cabin staff was attentive to passengers needs and very pleasant. At LAX my baggage actually beat me to the baggage carousel. Would fly them anywhere they go.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  21 June 2010 by A Futeran   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX to Washington (IAD) return as our feeder service from Australia. The service was superb, staff friendly and flights ran on schedule. The planes are new, mood lighting very pleasant. The touch screen video system is fabulous, no need to buy movies as the free music and TV provide plenty of entertainment. Great also to find an airline that still provides free tea, coffee and soft drinks which you can simply order from your seat using the inflight entertaimment system.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  7 June 2010 by C Roe   (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAS-SFO return. Fabulous experience, even though we were delayed in both directions. Ground staff kept us fully informed when delayed and one enterprising ground agent at SFO started a trivia quiz at the gate to keep us entertained while we were waiting for the aircraft to arrive. I like the violet mood lighting inside the aircraft and both cabin and cockpit crew were brilliant. The free IFE is fantastic on a short flight and if you want to pay for a film, you have the choice. Alcoholic drinks and snacks are ordered via your seatback screen, but soft drinks are free. Great product, great staff and great service.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  20 April 2010 by Brent Burney   (New Zealand)

Trip Rating : 9/10

LAX-SFO and SFO-JFK. Upgraded Main Cabin to First Class (a pity that you can only do that 6 hours before departure now). The food really isn't up to much, but the comfort on a long flight makes it worth the upgrade cost. Both flights left on time and arrived early. Crew were attentive and professional. Boarding was speedy and efficient. This might be a low cost airline, but they offer better service than some of the 'full service' companies. For best fares, book early.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  1 April 2010 by A Siew   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

I have been both Main Cabin and First Class and yet to try Main Cabin Select. Both products are great. The only problem is that they need to lower the baggage fees for Main Cabin fares.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  11 March 2010 by E Mabley   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-SEA round trip, our first flight with our 3 1/2 month old son. We booked 2 premium economy bulkhead seats (Virgin America markets its exit row and bulkhead economy seats as premium economy). The premium economy fare was comparable to standard economy fares on competing United and Alaska. Unlike some US airlines Virgin America does not require babies under 2 to have their own seat. There is a level of courtesy and engagement with the customer among the cabin and ground staff that is not seen among the US legacy airlines. Cabin crew made sure we were comfortable. Flights on time and the bulkhead left just enough space to change a nappy (diaper in USA) on the floor in front of the seats. Virgin America's "Red" inflight entertainment/food ordering system works much better now than it did the first year or so the airline was in existence.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 March 2010 by E Mabley   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

LAX-IAD-LAX roundtrip, first class. Virgin America's domestic first class on its A319/320s is the best among US airlines, with the exception of American's LAX/SFO-JFK premium service. The fare was comparable to the competition but superior service makes it better value for the money. The seats don't recline completely flat, but go back about 150 degrees. The 58" pitch is generous and in-seat massage function a nice touch. IFE is the best among US airlines with satelite TV programming, a selection of 10-15 movies and a nice selection of audio tracks and the ability to customise your playlist and save it for future Virgin America flights. The mood lighting is very good for night flights. Food and beverage service is on demand and the food, while in small portions, is superior to most other airlines. The flight attendants and ground crew seem to want to please the customer more than those with other US airlines.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  11 February 2010 by Douglas Cohen   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

I arranged for my 83 year old Mother to visit me in Los Angeles last week. She is suffering from severe memory loss and needs to be assisted I was taken back in the manner that all the Virgin America staff assisted her needs. From the time she left Fort Lauderdale Florida to her return the Virgin staff was amazing. They kept in touch with me via cell phone to alert me of her arrival here in Los Angels as well as her return to Florida. Beyond just handing her off to a porter to wheel her out, the ground personal escorted her personally to her caretaker in Florida at the luggage carousel due to some confusion caused by my mother that caused the airline to be unsure of where the caretaker was. The respect care and humanity showed to my mother was incredible.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  8 February 2010 by D Harding   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

SFO-LAX return. Easy, quick, and enjoyable. It is refreshing to see this standard of service in the US and on short haul flights.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  29 January 2010 by J Buuck   (usa)

Trip Rating : 10/10

I was surprised how convenient and friendly the experience was for us. Although we encountered holiday crowds, we were so thankful we weren’t stuck on another airline. The service was exceptional, the lines were manageable; and the plane was very comfortable! Virgin America is definitely turning us into loyal customers.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  24 January 2010 by Con Murphy   (Ireland)

Trip Rating : 9/10

LAX-JFK was very impressed from start to finish. Check in at LAX was quick and friendly. Boarding was quick. The red-purple lighting on board was a nice change from the usually bright white. Cabin crew were friendly and attentive, and the legroom was excellent (we were at an emergency exit).

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  23 January 2010 by Graham Fairclough   (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

FLL to SFO economy. Very good value for money. Great entertainment system, no fuss check in, pleasant and friendly flight and crew and an impressive system for ordering food and drink on board. By some margin, the best domestic flight I've taken in the USA.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  19 January 2010 by J Monroe   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

LAX-SFO-LAX. Quick boarding friendly staff. I upgraded to Main Cabin Select both ways and was pleased. Great legroom in MCS and priority boarding with MCS. Although they say on their web site that MCS and First Class get priority security screening this is not true - no separate lines at SFO nor at LAX for priority security screening. Is the upgrade fee worth the price? You do get more legroom and priority boarding - otherwise economy is just as fine for I have flown both classes.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  13 December 2009 : by R Malsbury   (Canada)

Trip Rating : 9/10

SEA-LAX-SEA in November. Boarding a breeze. Captain came out and gave his spiel before departure. Flight attendant very friendly and prompt with meal (quite tasty) and drink service. Nice wide seats and IFE kept me occupied the rest of the flight. Return flight check in LAX much better than Seattle. Again no complaints with service in First. Another attentive FA and good meal. Tried the free wi-fi promo with my Netbook and it was pretty slick. Will definitely fly Virgin America again.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 December 2009 : by David Harrington   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 1/10

SFO-LAX-JFK. I had high hopes for this carrier and I even flew them an extra leg as part of a connection to see what they were like. The problem with Virgin America is Cabin crew. There was nothing friendly about the flight. I smiled to one of the crew on boarding and he just looked away. There are only 3 members on each flight, 2 in economy and the lead flight attendant spends most time in First class. The flight to LAX left 40mins late and just made the connection. Paying $20 for a 10kg bag is a joke, and the way the ground crew were witnessed to be treating out luggage will further refrain me from using this carrier. Virgin America were also in no means cheap, especially after baggage fees. I flew another Low cost carrier on the return and the difference was amazing. Will not be going near this airline again.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  4 December 2009 : by P Dolman   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 9/10

FLL-LAX. Although the crew were not quite as vibrant as on previous flights, they were friendly and efficient. A circumstance which exceeded my expectation was my choice of food ordered on board was unavailable although showed available on the RED ordering system. My order was refunded plus I was offered my choice of menu item at no cost. The refund was expected the offer of a free alternative choice was not expected but greatly appreciated.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  30 November 2009 : by J Taylor   (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

JFK-SFO one way. I flew jetBlue out to Boston, drove up to Albany, then down to JFK. As you can imagine, I was tired. Takeoff was scary, I could see the end of the runway while we were still rolling, but otherwise pretty good. Plane not so clean, found gum on my armrest. Cabin crew did nothing about it. Inflight entertainment good, only it kept freezing. Seven bucks for internet access was steep, so I decided to watch TV instead. It was OK, only signal a little corrupt and couldn't see well. Also, not a whole lot of channels. Don't be fooled by their low fares. Once you board, you should be prepared to spend about fifty extra for a decent flight.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  23 November 2009 : by C Whelan   (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

SEA-SFO-LAS. I had high hopes for this carrier. Segment to SFO was apparently staffed by an Award Winning Crew, but they were not remarkable in any sense and perhaps tired, as they weren't particularly cheerful. By the time flight landed in SFO, LAS flight had already boarded, but connecting gate was nearby. Return trip was extremely unpleasant on both segments. Very loud person in back row talked the entire way to SFO, at times using crude and vulgar language. Crew did nothing to quiet the individual and also served him alcohol. At SFO, landed at international gate and our connecting flight was far away at the very end of a domestic terminal concourse, forcing us to once again go through security. SFO-SEA was noisy as well, this time because of the non-stop chatter of the flight attendants in the back. Arrived in Seattle to be greeted by a sign stating that VA had been voted "quietest passenger airline." Though that refers to the noise from the jet itself, my traveling companion and I got our first laugh of the evening. I will avoid this airline in the future.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  21 November 2009 : by Martin Matousek   (Ireland)

Trip Rating : 10/10

First class San Francisco to Las Vegas return. And just 100 USD extra! Very modern and fast check-in. Priority boarding, take off on time, snacks and drinks, massage chair and very friendly and efficient staff. Personal feel and great value for money.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  26 October 2009 : by P O'Rourke   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

JFK-SFO. Not one person at JFK knew how to handle a cancelled flight! Spent 6 hours trying to rebook! No one could do anything without approval of the supervisor who kept disappearing despite the fact that approximately 100 people were standing on line after 3 hours. In the end I was booked on a different flight than my boyfriend and had to cancel the trip after being told they couldn't do anything about the different flights!

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  24 October 2009 : by Richard McCartney   (Estonia)

Trip Rating : 9/10

SAN-SFO. Great check in and upgraded for small cost. Almost the same price to pay for my 2 bags in economy. Seat excellent, staff excellent, service excellent and entertainment excellent. Selection of snacks not excellent. Captain made an introduction speech from the cabin which I felt was also an excellent touch. Definitely a notch above Jet Blue and Southwest

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  19 October 2009 : by D Barker   (USA)

Trip Rating : 6/10

SEA-LAX and back. Flying with two toddlers was a pleasure on the way down to LA. Flight crew were friendly and helpful. Return flight was another matter. Woman at check-in not very friendly, and seemed to be upset when I inquired about early boarding for children. Flight attendants on the plane not smiling the entire trip or helpful.

VIRGIN AMERICA customer review :  19 October 2009 : by F Hinton   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

JFK-LAS. The staff were okay, not Southwest style of cheerful. I didn't know that I had to pay for food - so $3.50 later, for a half can of Pringles, I enjoyed the seatback entertainment. I would fly with Virgin again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7