Virgin America  Passenger Reviews and Virgin America Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Virgin America Customer review :  14 December 2012 by S Alama (USA)

Economy Select

San Francisco to Washington DC in main cabin select Row 5 and back on same route 5 days later. The Red touch screen is far advanced over other US airlines. The ability to open a tab for meals, snacks, and entertainment selections make Virgin in a century beyond their domestic competitors. The service was excellent and on time departures and arrivals made the trip even better.

Virgin America Customer review :  29 November 2012 by S Fordham (USA)

The only way you could enjoy flying this airline is in the few first class seats. Regular seats are miserable and with three seats across, terribly inconvenient for bathroom breaks. Only two bathroom locations - one in front for first class only and one in back for everyone else. When first class is "fed", the entire plane fills with the smell of their food and the only food everyone else can get is overpriced and unhealthy. The most miserable flight I've ever taken. I will not be a repeat customer.

Virgin America Customer review :  9 November 2012 by J Malherbe (Australia)

Main cabin select (front row economy) from LAX to Seattle. Full flight but handled well by crew. Like the touch screen ordering of snack type food and drinks. Plenty available. Economy select are emergency exit and front economy seats resulting on more leg room. Worth the money if you get a good deal. Seat comfort okay.

Virgin America Customer review :  9 November 2012 by J Teoh (Australia)

Economy Select

SAN-SFO-SAN in Main Cabin Select. Flight out was on A319 and flight back was on A320. Both planes were new and clean. Check-in at both airports was fast and easy with priority lanes. Priority lanes for security at both airports provided. Priority boarding honoured. Cabin crew generally friendly. Ample legroom in MCS with free AVOD, food and beverages. No hot meals available on short flights. Mood lighting upon boarding was interesting but definitely made it harder to see seat numbers, especially on evening or night flights. Both flights generally on time. Can't comment on luggage delivery as I only had carry-on. Overall, a great product and definitely the best domestic US airline out there. It's a shame they don't have their own lounges but they'll probably be my first choice for flights in the US and they offer great value for money too.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 November 2012 by J Humphrey (USA)

SFO-IAD-SFO on November 2 and 4. Great service from the staff both on the ground and in the air. While there is food for purchase in the main cabin, there is a good selection. The roast beef sandwich is really quite good.

Virgin America Customer review :  3 November 2012 by Antonis Asprakis (USA)

PHL-SEA return via LAX. Pleasant flight attendants, calming mood lighting, and easy-listening music in the lavatories during flight. Although some of the hi-tech features on their seat-back entertainment system are not available yet, there is certainly enough to keep one occupied and I can no longer accept doing a cross- country flight on any of the other "greyhound of the skies" US domestic services.

Virgin America Customer review :  8 October 2012 by R Marks (USA)

I flew round trip on Virgin America from IAD to SFO. What truly pleasurable trip. Love the comfortable seats, the entertainment system and the staff. After the abuse I have suffered on several other airlines recently, Virgin America is going to be my first choice from now on.

Virgin America Customer review :  18 September 2012 by M Sun    (Hong Kong)

SFO-JFK. First class on A320. The check-in time was fast and efficient. The clubhouse lounge was nice and clean. Good selection of food and drinks. Flight attendants were OK for the flight. Seat was soft and comfortable. Entertainment system was a little complicated but had a good choice of movies. I slept for a bit but felt a little hard to sleep because it is a cradle seat. Food was good and their was a nice selection of drinks. I would recommend VA but I would suggest that they lower the price for First class a bit.

Virgin America Customer review :  5 September 2012 by R Tan    (USA)

LAX-SFO. The best airline for domestic flights. The IFE is expansive which includes the local channels and WiFi. Highly recommend.

Virgin America Customer review :  4 September 2012 by S Walter    (USA)

Boston to Los Angeles with my two boys. One has a peanut allergy and although I don't expect accommodation just for him, I was surprised that I was basically ignored, yet other airlines always provide a "buffer zone" as well as a peanut-free environment. We were not informed our seats did not recline. Having a medical implant in my neck, and a head rest that couldn't be adjusted, I was in pain. There were 3 empty seats behind us. My boys moved to them, because they were so uncomfortable. I was about to join them, but they were told by one of the flight attendants that they couldn't sit there. Apparently they each cost $129 more, and I would need to pay $387 to have seats that reclined. The seats were empty but still, given my situation, I wasn't allowed to sit there with my boys, who were very upset. What I cannot accept is the fact that a man in my row sneaked to the same row across the aisle and sat there the whole flight for no additional fee. In my 60 years of flying, I have never encountered such a rude flight team. I will say the plane was upscale and clean, but who cares when it severely lacks in humanity.

Virgin America Customer review :  25 August 2012 by Robert Eberhart    (USA)

Economy Select

Very good airline and my favorite for domestic travel. I am a 2 million mile flier on United and I have now switched to Virgin America. I have flown seven round trips this year on Virgin. The food is very good compared to any other US domestic airline. The entertainment is fantastic. There is WiFi. The seats are reasonably comfortable. Although it does suffer from the same horrifically small legroom in economy class, it is better than the majors.

Virgin America Customer review :  17 August 2012 by I Lim    (Australia)

Economy Select

LAX-MCO-LAX. The planes are new, crew friendly and the seats wide. This trip was the second time flying with them and have been impressed with the service.

Virgin America Customer review :  8 August 2012 by A Barnes    (USA)

Four members of our family used Virgin America for our return flight from San Francisco to Chicago. Included in our party was our 81 year old mother who uses a walker. She always gets a window seat for the least possibility of the need to move. The flight became unbearable when 5 passengers from the back, came to visit with the 3 passengers seating directly in the row in front of us. As they ordered several rounds of alcohol, they begin cursing. What made matters worse, is that when we complained to the steward, they suggest that we move to the back of the plane and that there was nothing they could do. Due to our mother's condition, we were unable to move, but they continued to bring the rounds of alcohol to the party in front of us. We felt like we were in a bar, our fight was from 7.45pm to midnight central time and our mother had to endure 3 hours of torture. We will never use this airline again.

Virgin America Customer review :  8 August 2012 by M Park    (USA)

Trip from IAD to SFO was canceled, resulting in missing all connecting flights with a partner airline. The partner airline (Air New Zealand) was a good deal more helpful in sorting out the mess than VA was - clearly staff are not trained for unforeseen circumstances, for though they seemed to keep it together when things were running smoothly, they fell apart as soon as things weren't. Faced with an angry, stressed-out mob of people, staff couldn't project the kind of authority and knowledge necessary to calm nerves. The agents on the phone were worse. It took me five tries to get the documentation I needed for my insurance claim, which has yet to arrive. A canceled flight is bad enough; incompetent handling afterwards is worse.

Virgin America Customer review :  8 August 2012 by J Douglas    (Scotland)

Short flight Las Vegas to San Francisco. Very comfortable seats in Economy. I enjoyed being able to watch ESPN coverage of the Open during the flight. Very short check-in queue at Las Vegas (other airlines nearby has long lines). A pleasant experience.

Virgin America Customer review :  1 August 2012 by A Thom    (USA)

Quick flight from Portland OR to San Francisco and back. Excellent staff, they were genuinely nice but not overly scripted. Plane was very comfortable and entertainment is the best I've experienced.

Virgin America Customer review :  27 July 2012 by J Humphrey    (USA)

Flight from IAD to SFO on July 26. Baggage check-in was efficient. Counter staff were friendly. Aircraft was clean. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful. I was particularly impressed by their attentiveness to the unaccompanied minor (about 11 years old) who was seated on my row. Food was good (had a roast beef wrap). Seats were comfortable for me (I am not particularly tall). My one gripe was with the "red system" satellite TV - it had spotty reception and then no reception. The rest of the system (music, movie, etc.) worked fine, so must have be a Dish Network issue.

Virgin America Customer review :  27 July 2012 by J Kenner    (USA)

Checked baggage, three pieces, for two people were sent to Chicago instead of to Manchester UK resulting in three days of vacation without clothes. We had no carry on baggage. In SFO we booked baggage through Las Vegas on to Virgin Atlantic. Plane was clean and on time going and coming. Ticketing agent in Las Vegas on the 19th was rude and wrong. She said one bag was 10 lbs over. That bag had been weighed by Virgin Atlantic and our personal scale and was not. Finally a man came to our aid and re-weighed it and found that it was not overweight, so we did not have to pay for it.

Virgin America Customer review :  20 July 2012 by Barbara Miller    (USA)

First time on Virgin. Cabin was attractive, seats comfortable and real time TV. In addition, the poorest selection of flight attendants - no one smiled. They looked like they didn't want to be there. On a 4 hour flight, beverages offered once which must be mandatory or else nothing would have been served. The worst of the two flights was from SFO to ORD. The movie offering was unique until I see a movie that was for mature audiences being viewed in my aisle. I could never risk that when flying with my whole family. I will not be a repeat flier with Virgin America.

Virgin America Customer review :  18 July 2012 by J Aberdeen    (USA)

SFO-PHL direct flight. Checking-in is a breeze using their kiosks and staff were proactive in helping everyone check-in (but watch out for those baggage fees). Seats were ok being they were a little cramped, but they are made of comfortable leather. IFE gives you free music, satellite TV (20 channels), as well as movies and TV episodes to purchase (but they were very limited). There are also various games for the kids, and you could even chat with other passengers through your TV. My biggest complaint was that my IFE unit kept freezing and crashing during the flight plus the buttons are hard to press as well as very small. There is WiFi, however it can cost as much as $20. Staff were friendly and helpful and offered to charge my iPad when our power socket did not work. I didn't purchase any food or alcohol but non-alcohol drinks are free. In short: Pros: Leather seats, satellite TV, music, helpful staff, relaxing cabin lighting, fast check in. Cons: IFE crashes, power sockets don't work, lots of fees for wifi, food, alcohol, and baggage.

Virgin America Customer review :  16 July 2012 by A Skidmore    (UK)

MCO-SFO 7/11/12. Not sure what I was expecting from this flight, I guess being English I expect a 5+ hr flight to be treated as long haul and the service to match. Surprised when I saw they were using an A320 on this route, by the end of this flight I struggled to straighten out. If you're over 6 feet tall I'd recommend paying for additional leg-room. Other than the leg room the seats were comfortable and the interior of the plane was very trendy. Mood lighting and condensation keeping the cabin relaxed with music whilst boarding gave a relaxing ambience. Entertainment system was impressive with a large range of on demand TV and movies (albeit at a charge). Being able to use the entertainment system throughout taxi, take off and landing is a nice, sensible approach. WiFi is pretty good and fast, seems a little overpriced but it is a very fast service compared to other airlines carrying this feature. Main disappointment was that nowhere on my reservation did it mention there was no meal or snack provided during the flight, so having boarded hungry I only managed to last 3 hours before purchasing a meal. Meals come as a large snack box which is very competitively priced at 7 dollars. Free soft drinks is a nice touch but alcohol is overpriced and being able to order drinks on demand from your seat is also handy when you're settled. Generally cabin crew were friendly and the pilot giving his announcement stood in the cabin adds to the edgy nature of end airline. Dressed down uniforms and a relaxed approach is a little different to other airlines but I think Virgin have found a good balance. All in all I would use them again but I wish they'd make a few of the inflight charges more obvious prior to ticket purchase. And 5 hours is a bit too long to be in such a small seat!

Virgin America Customer review :  6 July 2012 by A Weinberg    (Australia)

JFK to LAX in Main Cabin Select (Premium Economy). Flight time 6 hours. Priority check-in and boarding which is standard for PE, however the added bonus of priority security was great. The cabin has purple mood lighting and leather seats - a nice change from the standard aircraft interiors of other US domestic carriers. Drinks and food can be ordered on your individual entertainment screens. Being Main Cabin Select, all food and drink is free. I had a turkey sandwich which was very nice, followed by pringles. Drink selection was very good - wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Impressed to see Glenlivet scotch whiskey on the menu. Cabin staff were friendly and attentive. Entertainment options were solid. Overall, a very positive flying experience - V America are a step above US and Australian domestic airlines.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7