Virgin America  Passenger Reviews and Virgin America Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Virgin America Customer review :  5 June 2013 by C Elizabeth (USA)

SFO-EWR (round trip), 4/24-4/28. One of the better airlines I've flown for domestic. The seats were more comfortable than the other airlines I have been on (Delta, American). Staff were pretty friendly, although at times were not as available as I would have liked. The food I would order did come almost instantly, which I was very impressed about. Overall, nothing to really complain about the flight and airline itself. The only thing was the delay I had, but it was made up for in the air, and I actually arrived about 20 minutes earlier even with a 30 minute delay.

Virgin America Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Hesser (USA)

Virgin America does many things well. They are usually on-time, boarding is very organized, they provide great on-demand in-flight entertainment, wifi, power/usb ports and generally clean planes. Satellite TV is complimentary, but movies are not free, and actually quite expensive. However, there are areas for improvement. Economy seating is very cramped. On the near 6 hour trip from JFK-SFO, my knees were jammed against the seat in front of me. IFE screen was also uncomfortably close to my face with the seat in front of me reclined. If you want more legroom, you have to pay extra for "main cabin select." Furthermore, there are no complimentary snacks. The "buy on board" food is not a good value. There is no hot food available for purchase, and the sandwiches and salads are small, and snacks are overpriced. Flight attendants are sometimes friendly, and other times aloof. When I order a beverage from the seatback screen, they sometimes completely ignore the request if it is a "complimentary" beverage. Yet, if I pay for a cocktail, it mysteriously shows up much faster. Overall, Virgin America is a reliable and stylish carrier with great IFE, but for the high prices they are charging, the in-flight service could be better.

Virgin America Customer review :  17 May 2013 by K Ellwood (USA)

Flew LAX to PHL with Virgin America for first time. Was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the flight was. I was not expecting Virgin to be such a great airline to fly with. I came equipped with plenty to entertain myself for these flights and found that I was not checking the time and waiting impatiently for arrival since I was comfortable and there was plenty to hold my attention with TV and WiFi. I always look for most economical flights and am disappointed when Virgin America is not one of them. I will fly Virgin to FT Lauderdale from LA this June and very happy about this. They will be my first choice from now on.

Virgin America Customer review :  16 May 2013 by Kim Michelle Pendley (USA)

Portland, Or to LAX to ORL and it was one of the best economy flights I've taken in the US. The attendants were more than accommodating, seats very comfortable, and the aircraft was clean and seemed to be larger than other airlines. The flight crew, were very nice. I will fly Virgin every chance I get.

Virgin America Customer review :  8 May 2013 by J Mincy (USA)

LAX to Las Vegas. Flight to Las Vegas delayed 2 hours due to 'mechanical problems'. On the return, the flight was delayed 2 hours, again. I was told, again, that it was mechanical problems. I called customer service and was told that the delay was due to weather. Asked if I would be refunded my fare if I decided to drive home because I could not be home as late as my new departure would put me at. I was told no refund but they would agree to waive the $100 cancellation fee. When we landed in LAX and the pilot apologized for the delay and told us that all flights had been delayed that day.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 May 2013 by Elizabeth Taratibu (USA)

I thought American and Delta were bad, but Virgin America took the winning cup as of May 5th, 2013. First, flights were delayed for more than 2-hours with no clear explanation, no compensation, no remorse! I had to wait over an hour for my luggage? VA decided to mix all the luggage for passengers from SFO, LAS and Boston! In order to find your luggage, one had to go from one carousel to another. No announcements were made as the employees themselves did not know were the bags would be. My husband and I were on 2 different flights, I did not leave the airport until 10pm Los Angeles time. For someone that should have arrived at 6pm! My husband's flight arrived at 1.45am, for someone that should have arrived at 10:30pm.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 May 2013 by D Krank (USA)

We had significant delays on both legs of our round trip. We paid more money for an earlier flight which ended up becoming the last flight out. We flew round trip from Las Vegas to Seattle with stop in San Francisco each time. They would not accommodate us with transfers to another flight. A few of the members of the terminal crew were boldly rude. This doesn't speak for all members as one nice crew member consoled us and apologized for her co-worker's behaviour. We had a very lousy travel experience.

Virgin America Customer review :  23 April 2013 by F Massa (USA)

Flew IAD to LAX in economy. Good seat size, wider than other airlines at 19.7, however seat pitch was 31 which is about average. It's slightly different than other airlines in that you have to use the touchscreen to order food or drinks and the FA would come in to your seat with your order. The plane A320 was modern. The IFE system included excellent channels and wide variety of music. Compared to other major carriers like United, American and Delta, Virgin is superior when it comes to in-flight services.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 April 2013 by E Mabley (USA)

LAX-SEA roundtrip. I travel to Seattle on business 3-4 times a year and ever since Virgin America began nonstop service on this route it's been my preferred airline. The service is professional, seats are comfortable, food and IFE are superior and when things do go wrong the staff are much more forthcoming than Alaska or United.

Virgin America Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Jun Fang (China)

From San Francisco to Las Vegas. Flight was very smooth. Served soft drinks. No delay at all. Cabin crew were helpful and hardworking. Nice journey for me. Flying time was only 1hr and 20 mins. Cabin design was very modern.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Ron Kuhlmann (USA)

First experience with VX and I was pleasantly surprised. I only flew between SFO and LAX but the staff and cabin ambience was decidedly different from others and when I needed to change my return, the counter staff was delightful. The product is a notch above and the welcomes seemed far more genuine than I have experienced on other US carriers. A good choice.

Virgin America Customer review :  21 March 2013 by C Overman (USA)

Very disappointed with Virgin. Our second flight with them and it was not very good. Flight was from LAX to SEA, seats did not adjust, credit card sliders did not work on TV so we could not purchase food or movie, flight attendants were not responsive. Asked for a headset and was told they'd bring one several times and never did. Never said why, just didn't come back.

Virgin America Customer review :  25 February 2013 by S Saunders (USA)

The plane was clean and in good condition, but on both legs, the flight attendants seemed annoyed when you asked them for something. They seemed like they wanted to do the least they could for you and were surprisingly unfriendly. The flight was on time and otherwise smooth.

Virgin America Customer review :  20 February 2013 by G Randhawa (USA)

I have been flying the SAN-SFO route for over a year now. Compared to the other options I have, VA is the best I have flown. Staff are great, the terminal (in SFO) is better than most 5 star hotel lobbies in terms of available eateries, cleanliness, and overall ambience. I have had a couple late flights into SFO - but that can be chalked up to the ridiculous fog cover during the winter months.

Virgin America Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Carol Baer (USA)

We flew from Ft Lauderdale to SFO. Our seats were at the very back and that was fine. We were delighted there was no one in the third seat until I discovered the arm rests between the seats didn't go all the way up. The steward took a look but was totally indifferent. The beverage cart was passed once in a 5 hr flight. The seats were uncomfortable. That was the most miserable flight I have ever taken. First and last on Virgin.

Virgin America Customer review :  15 February 2013 by John Humphrey (USA)

SFO-IAD-SFO on 2/6/13 and 2/13/13. Great flights both ways. Early arrivals at both Dulles and SFO. Flight attendants were courteous, positive and helpful. Seats were comfortable. Baggage came out on carousel at SFO quicker than I expected, or had experienced in the past.

Virgin America Customer review :  11 January 2013 by G Katz (USA)

SAN-SFO. Admittedly, this is an incredibly brief (under 2 hour) flight, but everything about Virgin America impressed. Flight was cheap but the experience was better than first class in other airlines. Numerous entertainment options (with excellent satellite reception), comfortable seats, very attentive staff, and, in SFO, a terminal almost exclusively for the airline. The most pleasant flying experience in as long as I can recall.

Virgin America Customer review :  10 January 2013 by R Tan (USA)

JFK-LAX. Flight delayed by almost 4 hours due to late arrival of the incoming aircraft (due to bad weather). Virgin compensated each passenger with a $50 credit for future travels with Virgin. I was quite impressed as the delay wasn't exactly their fault. I've flown with different domestic airlines and I found that Virgin has the friendliest and most helpful flight attendants. IFE is ahead of other airlines. I also love the cabin ambience and mood lightning. Highly recommended.

Virgin America Customer review :  10 January 2013 by Leon J Makasjian (USA)

We flew to Fort Lauderdale in December from Los Angeles round-trip. The new A320 aircraft's are very nice although a little small for a 5-6 hour journey. Return flight delayed extensively as staff were shuffling luggage from the aircraft belly to the overhead bins all in the name of aircraft balance and safe takeoff. The ritual lasted over an hour and not called for at all. The staff and attendants seemed cranky. Flights should not be overbooked and luggage balance issues should be solved outside the aircraft. Furthermore, attendants and crew should be less cranky on a four star airline.

Virgin America Customer review :  7 January 2013 by Shampa Banerjee (USA)

Flew from SFO to Orlando with family including my disabled parents. Crew on flight from SFO to Orlando were excellent. However I was very disappointed with the entertainment, options were very narrow and you had to buy everything, false advertisement when they say you can watch Youtube. You can't, they only have a very select videos and you have to buy every film you want to watch. On return from Orlando, the crew were rude. Expected to pay for blankets, however they didn't come to ask if we wanted to buy them or not.

Virgin America Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Steve Berez (USA)

New York (JFK) to Vegas. Best airline I've flown on (domestic or international). Very comfortable seats. Onboard has a nice modern look to it. Great entertainment system. You can order your snacks on a screen in front of you. You can pull out your laptop, pay for satellite Internet (which works), and be connected the whole flight. Overall a fantastic airline.

Virgin America Customer review :  23 December 2012 by Elijah Cole (USA)

Flew ORD-SFO-LAX going out, LAX-SFO-ORD going back. Longest layover was 3 hours. Seats were very comfortable, on an A330, very nice, retro look to the plane. Excellent customer service, good value for the money. Both on the ground and on the plane, VA staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely fly again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7