Virgin America  Passenger Reviews and Virgin America Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Virgin America Customer review :  27 August 2013 by L Alexander (USA)

LAX-EWR on 22/6/13 for a red-eye and returned 19/7/13 with an EWR-LAX flight in the late afternoon. Overall, Virgin has proved to have better service, better planes, and an overall better atmosphere than the likes of American Airlines and United when I have flown in the past. Their fee policy wasn't bad compared to other airlines. For the most part, at least water and soda were free. The cabin crews had no problem on either flight providing me these at all. From baggage drop-off to disembarkation, Virgin provided a quality service. The one caveat I had was having to use the rear-lavatory each flight because the front is reserved for First Class only. Because I paid $30 for Main Cabin Express (it's worth it, despite this), I feel it to be a slap in the face to exclusively use the read one when the front is less of a hassle. As far as the seats go, they are the most comfortable I have ever sat in for an aircraft. I always had smelly or worn fabric when flying American. Plus, I wasn't scrunched up in Economy with Virgin, coming from a 6ft guy. All that really mattered to me is that I was able to get free drinks (with no hassle from stewards), my baggage came back in one piece, I could actually recline a little and sleep comfortably and I didn't miss my favourite primetime shows while in the air!

Virgin America Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Bargas Darlene (USA)

First time on this airline, but am very impressed, clean customer friendly plane and the crew were very friendly, interactive with passengers and let you know they appreciated your business. Flew from Vegas to Frisco then on to Portland, OR. At all 3 places there was always a VA staff member to see if they could help or get you something. Had a 2 hour layover in SF and I was in a wheelchair, someone came about every 15 to 20 mins to see if I needed to go anywhere or get anything.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Michael Thompson (USA)

Economy Select

Return flight from Los Angeles to Orlando. Checked in very early and upgraded to Main Cabin Select. Upgrade includes a checked bag, a free head set, and unlimited food, drinks, and movies on demand onboard. The extra leg space was a God send / see previous review. Flight was not completely full but still slight delay in departure, plus a very long drive around LAX to a runway on the other side of the airport. All female inflight staff were efficient but lacked the warmth of the crew on my outbound flight. Capt. came on early to discuss weather issues en route, which was greatly appreciated as the flight took a long strange journey to Orlando and arrived about 15 minutes late. The crew on this flight did not make an announcement for last calls before they shut down the ordering system, and unlike the first crew at some points gathered in the rear galley to chit chat. Crews on both flights did not tidy up the restrooms, which were always in great demand. I highly recommend upgrading to Main Cabin Select especially for cross country flights on Virgin America.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2013 by A Smithee (USA)

LAX-SFO: Simple flight made easier by a relaxed crew. Great entertainment system, blankets and pillows and a nice flow of a small meal and after-meal snack plus plenty to drink. Flight crew was very attentive from the moment of boarding, and remained friendly throughout. Never had a grumpy flight crew with Virgin, which cannot be said for other domestic carriers. Really great if you're a fan of the SF Giants on this particular route as they show World Series highlights on the SF Giants channel.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2013 by G Coupland (USA)

Traveled from Newark to LAX. I don't particularly enjoy flying, but was comforted by the soft lighting and happy faces on the attendants. The service was great. The seats were definitely roomier than any other airline that I've been on. Captain's updates timely and comforting. Food - no complaint. Also took Virgin back from LAX 2 weeks later. Same great service, seats, attendants, cleanliness.

Virgin America Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Michael Thompson (USA)

Orlando-Los Angeles. I arrived early at the airport, plenty of staff on hand and baggage was accepted without a wait. Flight was packed without a single empty seat. Boarding is done by Cabin, Special needs, and zones and quickly turned into a scrum. The seats, while stylish looking, are very close together. They are much more narrow than they look. I'm a big guy at 6'2" 235lbs and just getting into my seat I found it an impossibly small space. With a small personal item under the seat there is zero space. Thankfully during flight I could take it out from under the seat and it was not so bad. The crew for this flight mostly male with a single female serving were on top of their game. The Red inflight system for entertainment and ordering was brilliant. First service is rather awkward traditional front to back, then it's all on demand. The food I purchased was a great Pastrami Sandwich. Nothing seemed too much trouble for this crew. They politely advised in advance when they would shut down the ordering service so people could get last requests in. Flight was only a few minutes delayed in departure and landing. Virgins Terminal in LAX is almost exactly as it was when it belonged to TWA and Eastern. Baggage claim was noisy, crowded, and of limited space. Overall very happy with Virgin America and looking forward to my trip home.

Virgin America Customer review :  14 August 2013 by A Smithee (USA)

Virgin America Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Leland Tang (USA)

On a 4 hour flight from DC to Los Angeles, there was no complimentary snacks just sodas and water. 2 restrooms served a full plane and there was always a line of 4-5 people. First class had a restroom but no one could use it. Flight attendants were less than compassionate. The monitors in the head rest were not working for 3 of the 4 hour trip. I will never use this airline again!

Virgin America Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Irene Hernandez (USA)

Economy Select

We flew back from LA to DFW on 7/9/13 and we absolutely loved VA. One of the best flights out of the 10 flights that we flew the prior week. They have music, headphones and TV's behind every seat. I am someone that is scared of flying but I felt really at ease when flying Virgin. I would recommend it.

Virgin America Customer review :  9 July 2013 by R Wildwooder (USA)

Uncomfortable seats and tardy planes. The economy seats from San Francisco to Anchorage were the worst we have ever encountered in the USA. They only moved slightly in position without actually reclining. My companion found this intolerable and insisted we pay a lot extra to return in first class which was very comfortable. I survived the economy seats only because I had three seats across from the aisle to the window. The outbound fight was over two hours late and arrived in Anchorage at almost three a.m. The return flight was over an hour late. If I have alternatives, I would not fly this airline again.

Virgin America Customer review :  4 July 2013 by S Sullivan (New Zealand)

LAX-NYC return. Check-in a mess and overcrowded at LAX, but so is everything. Tried to use the kiosks for checking in but international Mastercard and Visa cards not accepted for baggage or upgrades. Seems odd at JFK separately hauling your bags to a luggage belt after checking in - that's not communicated very well and it's something I haven't seen elsewhere. Flights delayed but nothing too bad. Cabin crew on all a bit sullen/unfriendly seeming but okay when talking to you. In-air food and movie purchases thwarted by international credit card issues. Was told off a little for bringing it up until the food cart came to my row and they could see the issue - charge for remaining choices was waived, which was appreciated. Otherwise nice cabin with comfy seats and decent IFE options with directTV and wifi available. Lounge greeter at the Virgin lounge at LAX was really lovely - food options could be a little more filling as the bar is open and a few people seemed to be a little drunk.

Virgin America Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Andrew R Kostelnik (USA)

I fly 2-3 times a year and usually have used other airlines. This time I decided to give Virgin America a try. The flight was from SEA-SFO-LAS and return the same way. All 4 flights were delayed. The first by 2 hours, the second by 1.5, the third by 45 minutes, and the final 2.5 hours. We were told different reasons each time, and none of them matched up with each other. One said weather, one said construction, another said mechanical problems, and even one said they had to find a pilot. Seats are terrible. Crew rude. And yes this happened on each part of our journey. For being my first experience with Virgin America, I was more than unimpressed. I will not be flying with them again.

Virgin America Customer review :  25 June 2013 by J Ingham (UK)

Los Angeles to Las Vegas, 15/06 outbound and inbound is 20/06. Poor service despite only having 10 passengers onboard, no soft drinks offered, only beer wine and water. Staff more interested in talking to colleagues and organising their social life. On checking in for return flight staff unsure what to do, were only able to give boarding cards for 1st out of 3 flights. Forgot to give us the luggage tags on check in so this caused no end of trouble with other flights.

Virgin America Customer review :  22 June 2013 by H Ysil (USA)

DCA-SFO-DCA. One of the better cross-country flights that I've taken and added bonus of being non-stop. Boarding is a bit weird-front to back but airplane was new and clean. Young flight attendants were pleasant and a nice change from the surly FAs of the legacy carriers. Direct TV and audio free but movies, headphones, are extra. I'm a petite person(5 ft) and leg room and leather seat were roomy enough. Yes, there is no free snacks but I brought food with me and ordered free drinks from the TV menu. All in all, Virgin America is a great cross country airlines and I would fly with them again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7