PAGE loading ... please wait!

Viking Airlines Passenger Reviews and Viking Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking

Viking Airlines no longer operating

Viking Airlines Unclassified Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Viking Airlines
2.7 out of 10  2.7 out of 10

1 2 3 4 5 6

Viking Airlines customer review :  9 December 2011 by G Gregoriou   (UK)

I had booked a ticket to fly from Athens to Manchester. The e-ticket gave 7.30am as the departure time. I arrived at the airport at 5.30am. However the flight was planned for 8.30am as - this was the flight's normal time. Went to Viking desk, it was closed. Went to the check-in desk and noticed more people waiting there. Apparently, half of the printed tickets had 7.30am as the departure time and the rest had an 8.30am departure time! We boarded and, as I am 6ft tall, I needed some extra space, so, I had booked a safety exit seat, as the company advertised these seats as having more space, which was why they were charging extra for these seats. That was a joke, the seat had no more space than any of the ones behind it or in front of it. As I was on the seat next to the exit, I noticed that the panel above my head seemed like it was falling apart and there were cables all over the place behind it.

Viking Airlines customer review :  1 October 2011 by J Law   (UK)

We were meant to travel to Rhodes return on an Olympic package holiday. We were 5.5 hrs late outbound from Gatwick - were put on presumably a standby air carrier, Tor Air, a very old and tatty 737-300 with less than 12 inch legroom. No information or apology given regarding the switch and delay. The return was worse, the night before we were due to return, were told our flight was cancelled. A 15 hr delay ensued - returned this morning again by Tor.

Viking Airlines customer review :  1 October 2011 by N Cork   (UK)

Just returned from a week in Crete, where we were supposed to fly out with Viking Airlines. We were delayed at Birmingham Airport for 15 hrs with very little information given to us. Some people went home and abandoned their holiday. Eventually we were flown out with Skyway and lost a day of our holiday. Our return flight was rescheduled and we were flown home by Airtor. We were told that Viking had not paid for their airspace and were therefore unable to leave Crete.

Viking Airlines customer review :  17 August 2011 by Bob Edwards   (UK)

A week in Cyprus with Olympic holidays, who use Viking Airlines from Stansted to Larnaca. Our plane arrived 40 mins late. The plane was an A320 which had been converted to fit more passengers. It was very cramped, a section of the overhead lockers were held together with gaffer tape, many of the seat belt lights did not work, and the lockers themselves had hand prints all over them. The return trip was on the same plane, we sat for 1 hr whilst various crew and ground staff attempted to fix a technical problem. If Olympic holidays want anymore of my business they need to improve their carrier or find a new one.

Viking Airlines customer review :  11 August 2011 by K Brettell   (UK)

Olympic holidays used this airline to take us to Crete from Humberside return. I have never had so little room to move on a plane before, it was too hot and service was poor. On the return was a 6.5 hr delay, they did not care people were left on shuttle bus waiting and no explanation was given. Ended up getting home 9 hrs later than scheduled.

Viking Airlines customer review :  30 November 2010 by G Lawton   (UK)

Manchester - Rhodes return. 24 hour delay at Manchester, 24 hour delay on return in Rhodes. Eventually got proof of delay for insurance claim, but no compensation from Viking. A totally unreliable and unethical company. They charge just less than Thomson/Thomas Cook but cost you more in delays and trouble.

18 November 2010

Viking Airlines AB has suspended trading.

Viking Airlines customer review :  17 November 2010 by S Siner   (UK)

I got to Athens airport for a return flight to Manchester and was told there would be no flight for at least 24 hours - even then it could not be guaranteed (it was eventually cancelled altogether). I took the cheapest flight back to London (Olympic Air) and was told that Viking would reimburse the cost of the flights. They have now done a U-turn and are refusing to pay up. As someone else said, they don't care at all about customer relations, in fact they seem to delight in winding people up. This unethical and charlatan company should not be allowed to trade.

Viking Airlines customer review :  11 November 2010 by C Cheetham   (Sweden)

Had booked to go to Stockholm from Gatwick. Initially wasn't emailed an itinerary so had no flight details, even when I searched the Viking website. Eventually got through to customer services and was told just to bring my passport to the check in desk on arrival. However, did this and the very rude lady on the desk demanded to see my itinerary and told me without it I was 'wasting everybody's time'. We were due to take off at 1.25pm but boarding was delayed by over an hour. We eventually got on the plane, only to be told that there was no oxygen tank in the cockpit and we were waiting for some to be delivered. Waited for a further half an hour, only for them to deliver an empty one! We were then taken off the aircraft, with no info as to how long we would be delayed. Were eventually given a food voucher and told we would board at 5pm, which then became 6pm. Eventually took off at 8.15pm. Nearly a 7 hour delay with only a shrug of the shoulders by way of apology. First time flying with Viking and will never fly with them again.

Viking Airlines customer review :  11 November 2010 by Sabina Sanzio   (UK)

Gatwick to Banjul. Stuck on aircraft at Gatwick for 2hrs. Unscheduled stop at Malaga, again stuck on aircraft for 2hrs. No food or drink onboar - total delay 6hrs. 26th October,. Viking unable to fly out of Banjul due to outstanding debts, so transferred to Strategic Airlines. Another re-fuelling stop at Malaga. No water onboard, not even in the toilet! Total delay was 7hrs. Never again!

Viking Airlines customer review :  8 November 2010 by Ian Mackenzie   (UK)

Hurgadha - Gatwick. For a budget charter airline Viking provided an on time flight, swift check-in, pleasant air crew and a relatively modern A320 plane. Certainly a better all round experience than a number of other budget airlines. There is a but though - seat pitch is possibly the smallest I have ever experienced. I am 6'1" and my son 6'3". The only saving grace here was that the flight was not full and we had a seat between us. I can't think how we would have coped on the 5 hour flight if it had been full.

Viking Airlines customer review :  31 October 2010 by A Wright   (UK)

Flew LGW to Erbil, Iraq for the second time with this airline. Delays on both outward and return. No information from anyone. The Gatwick information staff in the departures lounge tried to help but could contact no-one. The Swedish cabin crew were rude and aggressive to many passengers - not just one member of cabin crew but all of them. It must be part of their training as it's surely not the Swedish way to act. The agents at Arlanda airport were also lacking in manners being arrogant and ignorant. On a positive note, the British cabin crews were polite and helpful. Will be paying 200 more and travel with other airlines.

Viking Airlines customer review :  26 October 2010 by L Piggott   (UK)

Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh return. Outbound flight fine, food & drink could be purchased on the flight. My main gripe was with the return flight. It was already a late flight, but was delayed by a couple of hours -not a problem in itself, but once in the air the cabin crew would not turn the lights down to allow very tired people to sleep. They insisted on running a full service - food & drink I can understand, but going up and down (90%+ of passengers were asleep or trying to get to sleep) with PSPs, duty free etc was unnecessary. Even after suggesting to one of the cabin crew that it might be prudent to ask if those requiring any duty free to press their 'call attendant' button and help speed the job up and turn the lights down, I was told very firmly that when they've finished, which will be as long as it takes, they would dim the lighting.

Viking Airlines customer review :  23 October 2010 by J Fasler   (UK)

Due to leave Sharm El Sheikh at 1540 - got delayed to 1700, then 1800. Eventually get on the Gatwick-Pula, charter flight operated by Viking Hellas A320. Departed on time and arrived early. UK cabin crew friendly and efficient. Food and drink reasonably priced and plane clean and fairly comfortable, allowing for limited seat pitch.

Viking Airlines customer review :  22 October 2010 by Emma Mclean   (UK)

Due to leave Sharm El Sheikh at 1540 - got delayed to 1700, then 1800. Eventually get on the plane and as far as the runway, and end up with a technical fault. After 20 minutes told that the flight will be rescheduled for 8-12 hours time, due to the fault and we would be put up in hotels. It was 2 hours from then before we even left the airport and there was nobody who would tell you anything. After arriving at the hotel, told we can have dinner and 1 soft drink per person. Pickup the next morning was due to be 5am, got a call about 1am to say it had changed to 7am. Coaches arrived at 7 to collect everyone and we were given breakfast boxes, no vegetarian option. Flight due to leave at 9am but did not leave till 1045. The flight itself was awful, no entertainment or anything. On arrival back at Gatwick the airline didn't even have enough letters to give people regarding the delay so we were waiting 20 minutes for them to print some more off - even though they had had 18 hours to get it all ready and would have known how many people were on the flight. I will never ever fly Viking Airlines ever again and would never recommend for other people to fly with them. Throughout the whole of this there was never any explanations by staff or anything.

Viking Airlines customer review :  14 October 2010 by D Johnson   (UK)

Kalamata to Gatwick did not fly. We were left stranded at Kalamata and had to buy tickets from Thos Cook to leave next day. Had to find and pay for a hotel in Kalamata. No explanation or apology was ever given. Can an airline really treat passengers like this and survive?

Viking Airlines customer review :  9 October 2010 by Amanda Guizot   (UK)

Booked a return flight to Greece - Heraklion on 27th August and the return on the 3rd September. A week before the flight I received an email indicating that they are cancelling the flight and will be refunding our money. I have been unable to contact them as the sales office indicate that they cannot help me, and you can only complain on their website if you have actually flown with them. I want my refund - it is October now and still nothing. Do not use this airline at all, customer relationships are not important to Viking.

1 2 3 4 5 6

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking| Airport Ranking | Advertise| Surveys| Site Map | Contact Us| Links |

1999-2013 Copyright Skytrax