V Australia Passenger Reviews and V Australia Customer Trip Reports

V Australia Passenger seat tips

V Australia Economy Class seat reviews

V Australia Aircraft Seat Plans

Destinations & Aircraft Fleet Guide

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  19 May 2011 by B Smithson    (Australia)

MEL-LAX, LAX-SYD. Flight over almost 100% full but staff professional and energetic. There are little touches uses (doing water runs with the water' lit up' by a torch so the darkened cabin can see what is on offer). Flight back only about 75% full so most people had a spare seat next to them. Legroom excellent. Check in LA opens 10 hours before departure which is terrific when you are coming in early from a domestic flight. IFE outstanding. My complaint would be that there are far too many announcements, both over PA and interrupting the IFE.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  8 May 2011 by L Quartermain    (Australia)

Sydney-Abu Dhabi, was upgraded to Business Class on flight over, and on return flight there was only 4 of us in Premium Economy. Excellent from food to seating, service, entertainment. Same could not be said for our connections with Etihad to Milan - will never fly Etihad ever again!

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  25 April 2011 by J Castello    (USA)

Prior to purchasing my ticket, I spoke to a V Australia representative who told me that my fare would allow seat selection prior to the flight. However, when I called back to make my seat selection, I was informed that I could not. When I politely and calmly asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told the supervisor would not speak to me. This is unacceptable customer service.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  20 April 2011 by K White    (Australia)

BNA-LAX-BNE Economy. Flights and onboard service excellent - cannot say the same for LA staff. 12 hour delay without any direct communication beforehand. Placed at hotel at midnight, due back at airport 6.30am. no meal arrangements. Staff must be aware they are dealing with strangers to LA when advising of relocation to hotels etc. Completely spoiled an otherwise top experience.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  11 April 2011 by Jane Strange    (Australia)

Brisbane - LAX - Brisbane - Premium Economy. Enjoyed both flights. B777 very quiet, noise cancelling headphones and great selection of movies. Seats reclined enough to get to sleep. Food was ok. Bar service good idea but as the bar is between the 2 toilets it is difficult to access or walk through, especially when food service is on. Staff excellent. Loved the coloured strip lighting too.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  11 April 2011 by Rob Patterson    (Australia)

SYD-LAX-SYD Economy. The food and cabin crew were very good, both ways. The seats are comfortable and inflight entertainment is brilliant. LAX-SYD we had a pair of seats in row 52 at the rear where my wife had a window seat and I had an aisle.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  4 April 2011 by C Parry    (USA)

The cabin crew and ground crew are anti-children. Neither would allow us access to an infant bassinet. The crew manager said that I was being disruptive for asking. During the flight the crew invented rules about standing and sitting zones, but only enforced them for the toddlers.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  3 April 2011 by Terry Annan    (Australia)

Melbourne-LA, found entertainment and leg room fantastic, service what you would expect in any service industry. Return we also found consistency with the service, and food to be good.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  1 April 2011 by A Jacob    (Australia)

SYD- LAX was ok. Seat was uncomfortable, food disappointing (I'm not a fussy eater when it comes to airplane food). LAX to SYD very disappointing! Once again the food was poor. My seat would not recline back. I asked one of the attendants to look into it, but she never came back to assist or offer to move me in another seat - on the way to the toilets found a person who had 3 seats all to himself. So the entire 14 hour flight my seat was reclined up while the seat in front of me was reclined forward. Very uncomfortable! In addition, my blanket wrapped in plastic was dirty. I think V Australia is focussed too much on giving a 'cool' impression to their customers. But really they should focus on serving the needs of their customers.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  1 April 2011 by L Nancarrow    (Australia)

Brisbane to Los Angeles return. Fantastic service, friendly crew. More legroom than other airlines. Great service in Los Angeles prior to departure. Would fly them again, no question.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  28 March 2011 by T Fisher    (Australia)

Abu Dhabi to Sydney on V Australia in Business Class. I was very disappointed with the Business seat configuration for lack of privacy. Food was great however limited free dining options and some wines were claimed to not be served on the sector despite no indication of that in the menu. Waited 20 minutes after getting on board to even be asked if I wanted a drink! Waited and waited for another despite there only being 16 people in the cabin. This was an Etihad Airways codeshare, but it should not mean reduction in quality or service!

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  20 March 2011 by Tony Adams    (USA)

Business Class LAX-Brisbane-LAX. 2x3x2 seating, seat/bed comfortable, with excellent IFE. Inflight service and food is excellent and superior to other carriers on this route. The menu is extensive. Wonderful presentation and taste. There is a non stop bar. Staff seem to love their job.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  27 February 2011 by S Benjamin    (USA)

Flying to Christchurch New Zealand following the earthquake. The government has issued no non essential travel warnings, there are shortages of water, sewage problems and many wounded souls - we asked to re-route to another NZ city. Our hotel is no longer standing. All other hotels anywhere near that area are full and much needed for emergency workers and victims. V Australia is refusing to re-route us - unless we want to pay $3,700 to change our two tickets. Unbelievable. It appears that V Australia is encouraging people to go into a disaster zone. The customer service people on the phone have been insensitive.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  27 February 2011 by Jessie Bendavid    (Australia)

They changed my flight from LAX to Melbourne and never let me know. I had just arrived in LA after a 6 hour flight, went to check in and the people at the counter just laughed and said "that flight doesn't exist". I gave them the Eticket and they said " just this week they changed the schedule, your flight doesn't leave until tomorrow". They never sent an email, called or even apologised. So now I'm being re-routed through Brisbane and my 27 hour trip has just blown out to 33 hours, with an extra stop! If you want to get to where you're going on schedule, do not fly this airline.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  26 February 2011 by P McLeod    (Australia)

Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi on Etihad was great but then got surprise of V Australia from Abu Dhabi to Sydney. The crew were fantastic and V Australia have lifted their game. Cannot speak highly enough of this carrier.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  15 February 2011 by Phil McElrath    (USA)

LAX-SYD-LAX. Business Class both ways. Best flights I've had. Virgin Blue domestic legs were in Premium Economy, and exceeded my expectations. US carriers (Domestic) could learn a thing or two from Blue.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  3 February 2011 by W Ross    (Australia)

Phuket to Brisbane and was upgraded from Premium Economy to Business. Excellent from the champagne offered after boarding to the superb menu. They have a bar where you can sit and have drinks whilst the staff made up the bed. I am just sorry they are discontinuing this route - all in all this was a terrific flight.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  30 January 2011 by C Ring    (Australia)

MEL-SYD-LAX, easy transfer with Virgin Blue. great new aircraft, wonderful staff, food and entertainment. Flew Emirates later on, VAustralia a clear winner.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  28 January 2011 by Joseph Kaufman    (Australia)

Business Class Melbourne-Phuket. We liked the cabin crew and food was quite good. Found the seats comfortable and appreciated the noise cancelling headphones. My family of two children and grandchildren were allowed to share the Business class lounge prior to departure. We were shocked to find on our return that we had been downgraded from Business Class to Premium economy. The seating was awful. We do not know how we could travel with this airline again since there is no guarantee that the same will not happen in the future.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  25 January 2011 by A Course    (Australia)

My family and I flew to Phuket from Melbourne. My wife and I had lounge passes due to flying business class and they were nice enough to provide a lounge pass to my father who was on the same flight flying economy. Once we boarded we were impressed with the layout and provided a glass of Moet. We were also travelling with an 18 month old and they provided a seat for her after take off. The food was amazing as well as the service.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  25 January 2011 by H Kelly    (Australia)

BNE to Phuket Business class. My partner and I have flown this route with V 3 times in 12 months and been in Business Class, Row 5 (very private single Business VIP row with own partition for privacy) and Premium Economy. We both hold Silver so we are supporters of the Virgin group but not fanatics. IF the new CEO wants to drag V group into a full service carrier, then the Business Class service training must be improved. The cabin is fine, seats pretty good but bit narrow, food actually reasonable too (unlike other reviewers I thought it compared OK). But the cabin crew are treating the Business cabin as an extension of Economy. We had to press the call button 3 times on one occasion. Very little close attention to passenger wishes or pre-empting them, we felt the crew were controlling the cabin to suit their work flow rather than serve us. The work related noise the crew make the whole night is appalling. I suggest they train up Business crew only. Yes you can get cheaper Business seats on V Australia, but then don’t call it Business Class or raise the standard and price.

1 2 3 4