V Australia Passenger Reviews and V Australia Customer Trip Reports

V Australia Passenger seat tips

V Australia Economy Class seat reviews

V Australia Aircraft Seat Plans

Destinations & Aircraft Fleet Guide

V Australia customer review :  21 October 2011 by Gary Lemmon    (Australia)

BNE-LAX-BNE. Chose V mainly to avoid the Brisbane-Sydney connection that most airlines wanted to send me on. Flight out leaves mid-morning (10-ish) and 3 hours in they are trying to get you off to sleep - quite bizarre really but plenty of people looked like they were getting some shut-eye - I got none all trip. However, I was quite happy to watch and play with the RED entertainment system which was magic - loads of new films, doco's games and music. Flight back much better, leave midnight, quick food service and off to sleep for a few hours at least. Seats on the 777-300 seemed quite wide compared to other planes I have flown internationally. We chose middle section (3 across) so we wouldn't need to climb over strangers to get to the loo. Seat cushions were a little solid to sit on and I used a cushion to alleviate the (literal) pain in the bum. Food both ways was OK at best, nothing special. The highly promoted snack bar was a poor joke. A few packs of chips, cans of Pepsi and a bottle or two of water. It actually took me a few trips around the galley area to work out where it was. Service from crew was efficient-ish without being overly friendly or even mildly attentive. They seemed to be around when needed - meal times, landing, seat belts on time etc but disappeared outside those times. Getting a coffee on the return leg was one challenge too far... All in all, I would fly V again if the price was right. Pros - new planes, entertainment system, seat width. Cons - food, attention to detail by staff and seat base comfort.

V Australia customer review :  18 September 2011 by C Hodges    (Australia)

Recently flew V Australia to Dublin (with Etihad from Abu Dhabi) in Premium Economy. I was surprised at the price, very inexpensive compared to other premium options. Flew SYD to AUH in 777-300, nice cabin with access to two toilets, pretty amazing for only 40 pax. The staff were exceptional, possibly some of the best inflight staff I have experienced for some time. Could not do enough for you and were attentive for the whole 14 hours (was the same for return leg). The seat was particularly comfortable and was able to manage 8 hours sleep. The food was ok, not as good as Qantas premium and the inflight entertainment was great, good choice and a plus with the noise cancelling headphones. Overall would rate this product very highly and have no hesitation in flying with them again.

V Australia customer review :  9 September 2011 by M Augerinos    (Australia)

Melbourne-New York-Melbourne. I flew Premium Economy and was happy with the seat width, pitch and comfort. Good amount of recline so I managed some sleep. LA to NY leg was with Virgin America - in Economy. Seated in exit rows as part of Premium Economy fare. Flight NY to LA on return leg was with Delta - poor service, cramped seats. VA crew attentive although tend to disappear after meals are served. However, when requested service was treated courteously and respectfully.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  2 September 2011 by L Frances    (Australia)

Dublin-Sydney (Abu Dhabi-Sydney) with V Australia. Had booked through Etihad so it was a codeshare arrangement. The difference between the first leg (Etihad) and second (V) was huge, with V Australia winning all the way. Staff were more professional, large Economy seat in the Boeing 777. A somewhat enjoyable 14 hour flight compared to the cramped 7 hour flight from Dublin. The only real drawbacks - I ordered a vegetarian meal and the dinner and breakfast were exactly the same, bags/duty free parcels were incredibly slow to reach the baggage carousel.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  1 September 2011 by T Bishop    (USA)

LAX-MEL-LAX. I arrived at check-in 3 hrs early, at MEL, the seat I was supposed to have not only changed, but ended up in the middle section. After a lot of time at the service desk I was accommodated to a window seat. Ground staff make everything happen in a hurry to move passengers as quickly as possible through the lines. At the beginning of the trip, the pilots announced that Melbourne’s runways didn't open until 6am causing the airline to delay boarding at LAX and then also have us sit on the plane for 45 mins prior to takeoff. As previously stated here by another customer, extensive announcements during the ride were constantly being made. The seats are decent and the food edible. Neither of those were anything above budget airline standards.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  12 August 2011 by S Webb    (Australia)

SYD-LAX - flight was delayed over 2 hours waiting for 4 passengers to arrive from Melbourne. Many passengers missed their connecting flights in the US. There was a lack of communication, waiting around without updates. Cabin crew were grumpy and didn't respond to call button. Food average. Arriving in LAX, we waited 30 mins for bags, with one missing. Flight from LAX-SYD was delayed 2 hours, flight attendants were much nicer although food still average. Only positive was the in-flight entertainment.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  30 July 2011 by Phil Gordon    (Australia)

SYD-LAX Premium Economy, and Business class coming back. Seats were fine in Premium Economy, food quite good. Service ok, but when I pressed my attendant button no one came. Not good. Return flight in Business. Not the best Business class I have flown. When fully reclined, people have to step over your seat, which meant my feet got kicked a few times. Annoying. Service rubbish. Not offered drinks - actually had to ask for wine with my meal! Maybe I was just unlucky with the staff serving me.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  29 July 2011 by Andrew Smith    (Australia)

SYD-LAX-SYD Economy. On time, good quality (and tasty) meals, great service from flight attendants who were very friendly and helpful. Nice modern plane (B777-300ER) which felt very roomy, seats were comfy with plenty of legroom, RED entertainment system was excellent with lots of movies, music and TV shows. Coloured LED mood lighting made it a very pleasant experience too.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  25 July 2011 by M Cymbalak    (Australia)

MEL to LAX Premium Economy. Priority check in and boarding are great. Cabin crew very friendly and attentive to needs but could spend more time visible and in/around the cabin. Seats were hard and very uncomfortable. They must fix this asap. But in PE there is lots of leg room and space to stand and stretch. I didn't get my preferred seat which was disappointing (defeats the purpose of selecting a seat at booking time). Food was average – I couldn't see any difference in an Economy meal to what was served to us, so I'm doubting the value for money if you cannot get a decent quality feed in this cabin. Bar service was a bit confusing about whether spirits were self serve and it's difficult to get to the bar if you're not sitting in an aisle seat. IFE touch screen did not work on outbound so I had to use the remote control very difficult to navigate. No WIFI.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  25 July 2011 by S Schuetz    (Australia)

Travelled SYD-LAX return. Best Business Class I have traveled in. Lots of space in Buss Cabin, Flat beds with mattress overlay, doona and pyjamas, extremely comfortable. Excellent attentive but relaxed service, and best airline food yet tasted. Staff young and attentive. Bar works well even with silly congregating restrictions. Initially dreaded entry of two families with 4 kids under 12 on return journey. Children well supervised by parents, and staff provided appropriate support and assistance throughout flight. V Australia now my preferred airline to USA.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  21 July 2011 by R Johanson    (Australia)

Flew BNE-LAX in Premium Economy and returned LAX-BNE. Outbound staff were friendly and food was very good. The only downside was that half the toilets on the plane were broken so we were asked to go before we left. Return crew were far less helpful we didn't see anyone for most of the flight and maybe it was the difference between Premium vs standard Economy, we slept most of the leg anyway. Seats are comfortable with a good amount of width and leg room, tray tables are too small and flimsy. Food in both classes was good, RED- Entertainment system is excellent with plenty to keep you occupied. A lack of online check-in is frustrating, especially when you cannot guarantee a seat when booking.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  18 July 2011 by Nelson Yap    (Australia)

Sydney-Paris with Sydney-Abu Dhabi in Premium Economy and Etihad from Abu Dhabi-Paris. London-Sydney with Abu Dhabi-Sydney in PE. V Australia seats are new and feel roomier than Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy. It is 38 inch pitch and even when the person in front fully reclines, there is still enough leg room. The PE cabin has dedicated staff and cabin and 2 bathrooms for 40 passengers, no queue! Compared to 7 toilets for 288 passengers in Economy. The food was good, but it is an Economy main course with different entree and dessert. However you are served first, so there is no chance of running out of your preferred choice and your meal tray is collected as soon as you finish your meal, whereas in Economy you have to wait. I really loved the staff both flights, they were enthusiastic, lovely and friendly and they came through the cabin through the flight, I lost count how many times they came through with water or other drinks, snacks, more snacks. Very attentive staff! Could not fault them. If you were not too lazy to get out of your seat, there was also the self service bar which was full stocked, and was restocked throughout the 14hr flight, with roast beef/chicken sandwiches, soft drinks, alcohol, potato chips, nuts etc. The entertainment was good because you can start watching TV shows or movies as soon as you sit down, you don't need to wait until the plane is at cruising altitude. I would fly them again!

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  12 July 2011 by Jason Moodey    (Australia)

SYD-LAX-SYD. Best airline to LA. Much better than Qantas. Leg room was reasonable, seat width was very good but the seat bottom was hard which caused a lot of 'pins n needles'. Cabin crew did a fantastic job with constant smiles and they did not stop working hard the whole flight. I travel often to LAX but as I cant select my seat paying a sale fare, I will not travel with them again. This is very important to me. Food could also be better with 2 small meals on a 15 hour flight and the snack bar that's advertised only has 1 type of snack (when they bothered to fill it).

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  7 July 2011 by Leonard Kerr    (Australia)

Sydney-Brisbane-Phiket then Phuket-Melbourne-Sydney. On each flight I found the ground staff excellent and extremely helpful. Cabin crew were the best I have encountered with any airline. In Brisbane, I was given customs priority pass yet did not expect this. Granted pass to the lounge and found it adequate. I have flown with many airlines throughout the world as well as Australia. V Australia will always be my preferred airline if they fly to the destination I am travelling to.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  4 July 2011 by M Jones    (Australia)

I know Economy is the bottom of the rung so I accept the cramped seating and so so food. It is what I paid for. In saying that, the seating and food is better than Qantas. IFE is fantastic. The problem I have is the customer service. Very rude cabin staff and ground crew. My seat would not recline and when I asked for assistance I was told "there is nothing I can do about it at 30 thousand feet." A simple sorry would have been fine. Anytime I asked an attendant something I was spoken to like I was a naughty child annoying his parent. Not being able to choose your seat because you paid the sale fare is totally stupid. If you choose to fly Economy of course you will pay the cheapest fare. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars more for the same class. This totally undid any of the good things about the airline. On customer service and not being able to select your seat, I would not recommend this airline.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  27 June 2011 by J Chalabi    (USA)

I flew from LAX-BNE and well as SYD-LAX without any issues. The flight itself was very pleasant and the on board entertainment was great. However, customer service is horrendous. Aside from not being able to reserve a seat if you buy a promotional fare, V Australia offers no help if calling about flight changes or concerns. I was going to fly from LAX-MLB, but 3 weeks before the flight, a V Australia representative called my home and told me they had to make flight changes, which did not suit my schedule. Customer service does not offer any leeway, even if it is not your fault. They are in fact unhelpful and rude and will not connect you to a supervisor if there are problems with your flight. I would only recommend V Australia if you know for certain that no changes will occur in your schedule or that the time of your arrival is not important and can be changed last minute.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  24 June 2011 by S Griffin    (Australia)

Flew SYD-LAX LAX-SYD in Premium Economy. Outbound staff were great and food was surprisingly edible. Return crew were far less helpful (didn’t see anyone for most of the flight) and food was pretty appalling. Seats are comfortable with plenty of width and leg room, tray tables are too small and flimsy. On board amenities are good but only 2 toilets in the cabin meant a lot of queuing in the last hour of the flight. Entertainment system is excellent - plenty of movies, TV, documentary and music to choose from, however, I could not get any connectivity through USB. Headphones are of poor quality but acceptable. Lack of online check-in is frustrating, especially when you cannot guarantee your seat when booking. Overall a very good experience for the price paid, would consider again.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  17 June 2011 by B Johnson    (Australia)

Flew business from SYD-LAX-LAX-SYD. Bed is fully flat, there are power outlets and USB ports. Staff are friendly and food is great (for airline food). There is a full doona with the lie flat beds and entertainment system with hours of movies. Only slight negative is that their head rests do not go up a great deal so when the seat is in a full upright position my head clears the headrest, however in fairness I am 6'3, and the flat bed is more than enough for me to sleep on without my feel hanging off the end.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  27 May 2011 by Paul Atkins    (Australia)

Probably the best airline across the Pacific, but not having online check in and not being able to choose your seats if you paid a sale price for the ticket sadly undo most of the good things about the airline. Inflight entertainment is one of the best, however food is of the usual economy style and portions. Bring food with you, as it is such a long flight!

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  22 May 2011 by L Walton    (Australia)

Brisbane to LA return in Premium Economy. The food was great and service excellent. Leg room great and seat very comfortable. Great selection of movie entertainment.

V AUSTRALIA customer review :  22 May 2011 by B Chua    (Australia)

AUH-SYD, only one flight as part of a codeshare with Etihad (which I would not recommend). B777 cabin seemed roomy, with good seats and excellent inflight entertainment. Reasonable food and friendly service. It was only perhaps 30% full in economy, so maybe this put all the staff in a happier mood. Main gripe is that headphones are cheap and nasty, lots of background noise.

1 2 3 4