US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by F Sena    (Germany)

Not only are US Airways employees rude, they also are simply not willing to provide any sort of customer service and are not responsible for people missing their flights. I flew to San Juan from PHL and a return flight over PHL to NYC. My 4-year-old and I were seated 15 rows apart on a flight from PHL to San Juan and I had to wait in the aisle for 30 minutes until somebody was kind enough to let my daughter and I sit next to each other. On our flight back from San Juan to PHL, the lady at the desk seated my daughter and I 5 rows apart on the connecting flight from PHL to LaGuardia. I did not realize this until 5 minutes later and went back to the same lady. Her answer - "Oh, just ask one of the passengers, they'll switch seats with you." The flight from San Juan to PHL was delayed because of "bad weather conditions". When we got to PHL an hour late, our connecting flight to LA Guardia in NYC had already left. Another rude US Airways employee gave us tickets for a flight the next morning, and, as already mentioned above, told us they would neither help find transportation, nor a hotel. Because of their guidelines, they would not release our luggage, so now we are in NYC, where we got at 4 am. US Airways have no customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N Giesenhagen    (USA)

We were on our way home from San Francisco to Salt Lake City, and we had a one hour layover in Phoenix. When we got to San Francisco we had already got the call that our flight was delayed 35 minutes. We tried to get on another flight but none were available. When we were checking in it was very hard to get some help, because for some reason the kiosk let myself check my bag, but not my friend. It took a good 10 minutes to get any help, and we just kept getting walked past. Got to the gate and the plane ended up being delayed for 50 minutes now. When we got to Phoenix we had 5 minutes to get to our next flight. Turns out they changed the gate last minute and instead of only having to go from gate A10 to A12 we had to go from about A20 to B2, in 5 minutes. My friend and I sprinted from our gate to get to the next one and we arrived with one minute before they close the doors (since they close them 10 minutes before departure) The door was closed and there wasn't a sole around. I went to the next gate and I explained our flight was delayed twice and there was a last minute gate change. Very rudely she told me she was aware and then went back to talking to her friend. The customer service agent was not helpful at all as well, and was very rude. No one apologized, and we had to stay in Phoenix that night, because no more flights were going out until 7am then next morning. I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

ORD-PHL-YQB (Quebec City). A320 to PHL - maybe only 45 people on the plane so boarding was quick and we departed the gate early. Flight Attendants were very personable and not what I usually get on US Airways. Maybe the merger with AA is a good thing. Drink service was offered and otherwise FA's walked the aisle a few times for trash. Landing was smooth and great views of Philadelphia. Bus transfer to commuter gates - its strange that if you want to walk to that concourse you have to recheck through TSA but they have a bus transfer that keeps you within security. YQB flight was a CR7 and packed - but FA was nice. Left 20 min late but arrived just 1-2 min late. Overall a nice flight. I know they don't offer inflight entertainment but so many people have their own Ipads and Ipods and such - its not that big of a deal. Keep up the good work.

US Airways Customer review :  18 April 2014 by Brian Keane    (USA)

US Airways is the worst. Their flights out of New Orleans are oversold so if you don't check in at least 30 minutes before your flight, you will be bumped. I tried to get my boarding pass from the computer about 28 minutes before departure time, and it could not be done. I spoke to the agent and they said that I had to rebook to another flight. I begged and they said no. They put me on a later flight and I go through security and my original flight was still at the gate for 20 minutes! They had already given away my seat and I couldn't board. Zero customer service. Horrible for business travel. I will go out of my way to avoid US Air.

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by P Feil    (USA)

I was on a trip with my 5 year old son from NY to AL. We arrived at the gate of our connecting flight in Charlotte NC just as they were closing the gate, although we were there 10 min prior to takeoff. I explained that we were flying down for a funeral which we would miss if we were delayed. The gate attendant told me I was 30 seconds late and not getting on the flight. My return flight was delayed 1.5 hours and the connecting return flight sat on the runway for 45 minutes. It appears that exceptions to delay are only made when it is to benefit their company and not for their paying customers. I will never again fly US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by D Mackmin    (USA)

Flew to the Dominican Republic from Detroit 4/4 with a stop in Philadelphia. First flight 40 minutes late, had to literally run with 2 kids through the airport to make our connection in Philly. Didn't realize there was no need to run because that flight was delayed also. Boarded 45 minutes late, sat on the plane for 30 minutes at which time they made everyone get off the plane. Sat in the waiting are for another hour while they attended to 'broken seats'. Flew home on 4/10 - flight delayed in DR for 1.5 hours with no explanation. Only had a 2 hour lay over in Philly where we also had to go through immigration and customs. Again, we managed to make our connection only because the flight from Philly to Detroit was late again. That's 4 flights - all delayed. Don't you think if you have 20-30 passengers who are on the verge of missing their connecting flights that they would have those people get off the plane first? They couldn't have cared one iota. I will never fly US Air again nor would I recommend it to anyone. I can't rate the Inflight Entertainment because there wasn't any. A 4 hours flight and no entertainment of wi-fi?

US Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by M Valerio    (USA)

US Airways Express: They decided to cancel an express flight from Philadelphia to Newark due to a lack of people and have the next one 3 hours later. I have completely lost all confidence in US Express and recommend no one to fly this airline again. They also refuse to compensate travelers due to their incompetence.

US Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Fills Finis    (USA)

Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to Honolulu, Hawaii and returning from HNL to PHX. US 690 and US 693. March 24 2014 from PHX to HNL. April 1 2014 return to PHX from HNL. Having read the most recent reviews for March and April flights thought I would add mine. US Airways has been calling themselves American Airlines for many years. This time there was a 1.5 hr delay going to Hawaii due to mechanical problems. Every time I have flown with US Air there has been long delays, flight cancellations, you name it. Why did we fly again? They were the cheapest.

US Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Auerbach    (USA)

I flew RT last week BDL-CLT-RSW. On-time flights, courteous gate agents and flight attendants, and helpful ticket counter people. I was surprised, as the (for me) usual mediocre experience was actually much improved.

US Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Anthony Acosta    (USA)

Flew US Air A330-300 from Rome (FCO) to Charlotte (CLT). Honestly, I wasn't excited about having been assigned to this flight/carrier. Once on the aircraft there was a noticeable change from its US domestic counterpart, there was personal AVOD at each seat head with ample choices for the long flight, the seats had ample leg room and appeared wide and comfy. The flight crew were friendly and quick to please and even did a walk through picking up trash that had accumulated on the deck (rare for a US carrier). The international product that US Airways offers has left a positive impression and I won't be hesitant to fly this airline in the future. The A330-300 was spacious and smooth in flight.

US Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Ian Cade    (UK)

Flew overnight from LAX to Philadelphia. Despite logging in on-line and assigning seats together a week or so beforehand, and checking on the day of the flight my wife and I ended up at different ends of the cabin, which wasn't really how we wanted to spend our honeymoon. The check-in staff were essentially useless fobbing us off onto the gate staff. At the gate they were friendly but it was too late to be able to sort anything out by that stage. Eventually we were able to swap seats with the person next to my wife after she took pity on us. The actual flight was rather miserable, with no entertainment, food and uncomfortable seats, essentially like doing a long haul flight but on a budget European carrier. Certainly will avoid them in US Airways in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by N Mahmoodi    (USA)

I have never experienced such rudeness as I did with the US Airways personnel at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. I had booked my redeye flight from PHX to EWR nearly 3 weeks in advance. I chose a window seat. After checking in to my flight at the airport I realized I was assigned a middle seat. Since I had arrived 4 hours before departure, I was the first person at my gate. The gate agent was curt. It was almost time to board, there was still no gate agent to be found. 80% of my fellow passengers, myself included, found out through word-of-mouth of a gate change. I grabbed my belongings and ran from A18 to A25, eager to restore my original seat assignment. However, I had hardly introduced my situation before the new gate agent cut me off and said, "Sorry, no room." The customer service agent could not have been more indifferent and reluctant to do her job. I went back to my gate, where my flight had been delayed more than 2 hours. There was yet another unannounced gate change. Finally, it was time to board. Despite sitting in the 13th row, I was in the last boarding group and thus was forced to gate-check my bag, which now reassured that I would be late to work in the morning. This experience ruined the weekend.

US Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Lee Daum    (USA)

Probably the worst airline I have travelled on in 10 years. Service was bad. Connecting flights didn't connect and uncaring employees. They don't get that it is all about the customer.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Gomes    (USA)

Terrible service, terrible equipment, semi-friendly staff who can't help because of terrible organization. Baggage charges are ridiculous. Check-in procedures worse, they have to have attendants at the self check-in. They claim to be the New American Airlines, but when you go to check-in, they send you to the Disaster that used to be USAir. Planes are out of date. Even the newer ones have very small overheads for carry ons, but people take as much as possible on board. Then they cram as many possible on the plane. Flight from Hawaii has no service. Expensive food if you have to buy from them, and not worth it. We had short connection and no chance to buy in airport. Only good thing I can say about round trip flight with 6 connections is we made it safely. Next time I fly Southwest.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Joel McLean    (USA)

My wife and I live in NC near Wilmington. US Airways is one of the few airlines that fly out of ILM airport, so we have flown with them numerous times. My wife flew to Ohio for a two week visit. The return flight as it was listed on the flight itinerary was to fly from Cleveland OH (CLE) to Charlotte NC (CLT), have about an hour lay over and then fly onto ILM. The flight was supposed to be into CLT on flight 1955 and out again on the same flight an hour later. This seemed odd since US Airways typically lands at one end of CLT and has you fly out of another gate all the way across the terminal. We questioned this flight into and out of the same gate when we purchased the tickets, when she went to board her flight in ILM to go to CLE and again in CLE when boarding to return. All three times we were told that was accurate. The flight from CLE was delayed due to weather for 35 minutes and landed in CLT about 50 minutes late. People were scrambling to make connections as this was the last flight of the day (about 11 pm). My wife made a comment to one of the flight crew that she was lucky since she just had to stay on the same plane. The staff member told her that plane wasn't going anywhere for the rest of the night. US Airways had changed her flight plans while she was in the air. The flight she had to catch was only 8 gates away, but it had already boarded and was pulling away by that time. She was stranded in CLT for the night. I ended up driving the 3.5 hours one way to pick her up to save her from having to sleep in the terminal. I would highly recommend that if you have any options other than US Airways for making flight plans, you do it. Even if you have to pay a little extra for a ticket, the peace of mind will be worth it.

US Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Teresa Berntsen    (USA)

The second leg of our outbound flight was cancelled. We were given the option of flying the next two booked flights standby or cancelling and applying for a refund. We chose to apply for a refund, and the person at the customer service counter said we'd need to wait until our trip was completed. I received an email regarding our outbound flight that I needed to contact customer service because our reservations were "out of sync." I spent 25 minutes on hold getting that straightened out, and the person told me I should go online and print out our boarding passes. I could only find my husband's flight. I called back and was told that was because I had new confirmation number, which the prior person didn't give me. I went back online and found out we were no longer sitting together. I called back again and was told I could pay extra for a premium seat otherwise there was nothing they could do. She told me the gate agent would be “happy to help.” That conversation took an additional 30 minutes. When we got to the airport and I asked about sitting together and the employee was very rude, saying she would "try to get us together for this 20 minute flight." I explained it was the second leg I was asking about. She got us closer but not together. She could have put us in a “premium”seat together but would not without us paying additional money. At no point during this entire encounter did any U.S. Airways employee apologize for these inconveniences or for the conflicting information I have been given.

US Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Marrufo Daniel    (USA)

Travel was a nightmare on our return vacation from Jamaica. I have a daughter with Down Syndrome and needed seating together with my wife and daughters. let's just say they were less than helpful in getting us seating together. When I pointed out that it did not seem like they were sorry about not doing their job they threatened to remove me from the plane. What kind of an airline treats a family traveling on vacation like this. This was only the first leg of the trip, when it came to the second leg and catching our connecting flight they could not find our tickets and we missed our connecting flight home.

US Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Jessica Fernandez    (USA)

I have flown over 20 times in my 23 years and never have I experienced any of the problems I had to deal with my first time flying with US Airways. After boarding our flight on time, we proceeded to sit on the tarmac for nearly 2 hours. The pilot informed us that there were "operational" problems and they were making him turn the plane around to go back to the gate because our flight was cancelled. After the rush of everyone to customer service, we proceeded to stand in line for 45 minutes. At that point, one of the three agents they had behind the desk decided that would be the best time to grab her book and go on break. The agent who decided to actually do her job put us on a flight to Jacksonville (3 hours from our original destination - Tallahassee). Never once was there an apology or offer to provide meals or anything. I had checked my bag in so I made sure to reiterate to her I needed my bag re-directed. She assured me my bag had been re-directed. We proceeded to sit in the airport for another 4 hours. Our plane to JAX was late, so the agent hurried all customers to the plane. Finally we got on the plane and landed in JAX at 10.15 pm. My bag was not there. After waiting in line until 11 pm to speak to an agent about, I learned that my bag had never in fact been re-directed and this agent's "best guess" was that it was still in DC.

US Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by S Pizzey    (UK)

Flight from Manchester UK, US735 to PHL to BWI, on 16th March 2014, by Envoy and First Class service was excellent outbound. Good meal and Envoy was excellent. Return flight from BWI on 28th March, cancelled and taken by vehicle to PHL, 1 hour 40 mins. Flight US 735, PHL to Manchester UK. Checked in at PHL no problem and the Club lounge very nice, per check in at gate confirmed our seats in Envoy. Prior to boarding saw three employees of US Airways access the plane before boarding called. When boarding announced we joined the line to check-in, however told that whilst my wife was checked into Envoy, I had been bumped back to coach as the flight was full, as a person who missed a flight on previous day was being placed into my seat! Re assigned a coach seat, despite my request to remain in Envoy. As I asked more questions the reason for my downgrade (despite confirmed and paid for Envoy seat) changed over and over again. Basically I was not provided with the correct reason and was just treated with no respect. As I was pulled from the line, much embarrassment to me as people assumed some issue with me as a passenger. My wife confirmed that the three US airline employees were in Envoy. Appalling service and ruined what was outbound a great service. If this is the way they treat passengers than not much hope for the new American brand.

US Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Vanessa Dixon    (USA)

We flew to St. Maarten, an hour late. On the return trip, the plane was late to SXM which made it late for us to board. Then the "push back" machine did not work and we were stuck on the tarmac making us an hour delayed in leaving SXM. We arrive at Charlotte and had to wait on the tarmac for an hour because there was no gate for us to deplane. The pilot told us that US Airways was holding our connecting flight. We hitched a ride on the airport transport and arrived at our connecting gate barely on time. They closed the door and would not allow us to board. Our connecting plane was not held as the pilot said but left 10 minutes before its scheduled departure. US Air offered us a discount on a hotel since there was not another flight out until the next day. We protested and refused to leave their desk. Finally, they gave us a voucher for a hotel. We finally went out on a packed plane and made it to our destination. I will look for any other airline in the future for our trips.

US Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by K Mandrysz    (Germany)

FRA-PHL-FRA. Envoy. The new seat is excellent. Food was nicely presented and of good quality. Drinks and wine ok. Entertainment great. FA`S typical American style but they did their best. Both legs on time, nothing to complain about. From my point of view a very good experience.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Bessette    (USA)

The express jets, with no first class seats, need to be taken out of service - these planes are entirely too small, in poor shape, and if anything ever happened, there is no way to move to get out. US Air flight attendants (not all ) but many, have the personality of a rock - they need education on customer satisfaction and customer service, they need to understand that the service they provide, is what matters most. And do you think they could offer a free bag of peanuts? Delta does! Get with the times US air - you are outdated.

US Airways Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Bob Feraci    (USA)

We flew JetBlue to San Juan Puerto Rico - no problems or delay. Coming home through Philadelphia to Richmond, VA, 3/22/2014 was a disaster for several reasons. U.S. Airlines from San Juan was an Airbus 330 and we waited for 50 minutes on the runway while every puddle jumper took off which made us within 15 minutes to get our 7.15pm flight to Richmond, VA. We landed in concourse F and had to get to concourse A and get a transfer bus. No help from the airline ground staff to expedite or help us. They seem oblivious to our situation and offered no help. They were rude and non caring.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by D Johnson    (USA)

Had made reservation early January for flight to Phoenix on 2/26/14. Boarded on time but then proceeded to sit on tarmac for 2 hrs. Flight was then cancelled due to "mechanical problems". They gave us, along with 175 other passengers, a business card with an 800# to call. After trying for almost an hour I was finally connected and given a flight out the next day. No offer of hotel, meals or anything else. I then went to customer service at airport who booked me to Philly (yes Philly). With a long layover and then to Phoenix. Arrived at 10:15pm rather than the 8:15am I was originally scheduled for. Customer services is absolutely horrible. Return flight 2 weeks later was also cancelled supposedly due to weather. No offer of help whatsoever. Will never fly US Air again.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by L Young    (USA)

We were flying from Jamaica to Nashville. We arrived at our connecting flight 20 prior to departure and the had given our seats away to standby customers and shut the door. We couldn't get another flight for 2 days.

US Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by T Robinson    (USA)

My entire trip was horrible. I am active duty military with both feet injured and surgery boots on. I asked for wheelchair assistance round trip. Starting in LAX the curbside check in guy was extremely rude, he was on his phone and when asked for a wheelchair the man looked me up and down and asked what was wrong with me. I got through security and was wheeled to my gate, the lady who wheeled me there assured me someone would push me to my airplane. When they started to board they forgot about me and had people climbing over me, finally someone saw me and wheeled me half way and left me to talk to a group of passengers in front of me. Once they finished they came back and began pushing me to the airplane. Once I landed In Charlotte the flight attendant was extremely helpful getting me off the plane however once I got off the experience was even worse so many rude people asking can I walk because they need the wheelchair for people seeing I am in two medical boots. I informed them that I was unable to walk long distance so they took my wheelchair and told me to walk to the closest seat so they could take mine! This was a horrible experience and I will never travel with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Miller    (USA)

Firstly, when will US Airways get new planes. We fly Business Class cross country, with no music or entertainment of any kind. Really they can't play a little music. The seats are so old and pushed close together, if the people in front recline back we can't stand up. If you're in the back row, your seat doesn't recline back at all. Food is sometimes just not edible, once we were sitting in the last row and were informed they had run out of food before they got to us. I asked if we could get a meal from the coach section, they said no. They found some cheese and crackers for us. The crew tries to be accommodating but they don't have much to work with. All that aside, it's the old planes that upset me, just update the fleet, please.

US Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Bill Atkins    (UK)

MAN-PHL. The new seat is excellent - so much better than the BA sardine tin. Food was nicely presented and of good quality. Drinks free-flowing, though wine selection limited. Easy going flight attendants who worked hard and interacted well with passengers. A most enjoyable experience - much better than the BA equivalent in every way, and cheaper.

US Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by D John    (Canada)

Vancouver to Phoenix, Feb 27 return Mar 2. On time both ways, pleasant service, no problems. One cart service per leg. Frequent updates from the flight deck. No mess, no fuss.