US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Bullock    (USA)

US Airways flying out of Charlotte NC to Greensboro seems incapable of being on time and/or not overbooking. For the second time, I missed my connecting flight in CLT to GSO because US Airways was delayed by two hours from my origin in Orlando. No explanation given, but I am 100% sure weather had nothing to do with it as all was clear in Charlotte and Greensboro. The remaining three flights that evening were all overbooked. This is what happened before and I ended up waiting around trying to get on a flight all night only to be shuttled to a hotel to spend the night and hopefully get a flight the next morning. I wasn't going to do that again as GSO is only a 1.5 hour drive, so I rented a car and drove home. Were they willing to reimburse my rental? Of course not, instead they offered a voucher. Terrible customer relations.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Gallo    (USA)

Feb 17, flight 646 from PDX to PHX. On the same day I took flight 489 from PHX to PIT. I decided to fly US Airways PDX to PIT in February as the connection was in PHX and I was pretty sure PHX wouldn't have weather-related delays. I regretted buying my ticket after I started reading reviews about US Airways. And I was expecting the worst when I flew a couple of days ago. To my surprise, it was actually really good. Both flights were early, both planes had clearly been updated and were clean and comfortable. The flight attendants were attentive, friendly and helpful. On the first flight, which left PDX at 5.20 am, the FA was careful to not wake people up while also serving those who were awake. When people woke up later and asked for things, the FA served them breakfast and drinks with a smile. Breakfast was great - steel cut oats with fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts (I don't like eating a huge eggy breakfast early (which was also offered) in the morning and appreciated this healthy choice). The two things that were disappointing about the trip was t he lack of space in first class on the 319 and the lack of entertainment system on a longer flight (4 hours). With regard to the seat, when the person in front of me reclined, I couldn't use my table and the seat was less than a foot from my face. I had to ask the passenger to move her seat, which she was gracious about. But I thought that it was less space in first class than I get on some airlines in coach.

US Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Thompson    (USA)

Flew US Airways as part of a round trip First Class Flight specifically targeted to try BA's A380 out of IAD and be on one of the last 767-200 flights before they retired the fleet. First impression at OMG in the morning in Orlando I went to the First Class check-in for my International flight. Instead of being helped I was told to use a machine which frankly was confusing and when I asked for help I got an agent rolling her eyes and loudly expelling air. Really? Off to the gate and onto a 757 in the Intl config. Seat was decent, crew was experienced and the gentleman working first knew his craft well. Came to take drink orders for me and the person next to me, set the "snack basket" between us. Changed to a PSA operated CRJ900. Brand new with the new plane smell. Nice for what it is and in the inflight service was ok. Return from IAD to CLT in a CRJ900 operated by Mesa. The plane was a train wreck and smelled like urine. The FA's served F class to death but no one in coach even got a glance. US Air lounge in CLT lots of dark wood and Fox Noise on the TV's. Last leg to MCO on one of the last 767-200's. Flight late to gate then an hour delay. FA's very senior, polite and knew how to do the job. US Airways can be good, or horrible, you never know what to expect.

US Airways Customer review :  12 February 2015 by S Dolik    (USA)

I was stranded overnight in Phoenix on superbowl weekend. I am supposed to be a preferred customer. My flight was cancelled "due to weather" which means all the passengers must sleep in the airport as all hotel rooms are booked in Phoenix for the superbowl. They passed out pieces of paper offering "discounts of about 20%" on hotel rooms that were not available. I received a standby ticket for the next day and there is no guarantee I will get on as the superbowl passengers are leaving tomorrow as well. Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part. No voucher were issued since they claimed they could not control the weather. There are absolutely no hotel rooms here and absolutely no flights out of here at all for apparently several days. US Air is an avoid at all costs.

US Airways Customer review :  12 February 2015 by J Smith    (USA)

Every time that I fly US Airways, there is a maintenance issue. In Philly, we were on the plane for three hours while tech support troubleshot the navigation system. The last time, we boarded the plane, when it was time to push back from the gate, there's a maintenance issue. The markers that align to show the cabin door has been properly closed were not aligning. We were asked to return to the terminal and wait for the off site maintenance to come check it out. Forty minutes later, we were allowed to board again and were able to successfully take off. We arrived to Charlotte at 9.35 which gave me five minutes to make it to my connecting flight on the opposite side of the airport. Never Again!

US Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Alexnder Youngblood    (USA)

I have traveled with US Airways many times, as I live in Asheville, NC, and the closest major airports are CLT and ATL. Therefore, whenever I travel I almost only fly Delta or US Airways. Most recently I flew from CLT to CUN. Although the 757-200 had winglets and the fancy new AA paint job, that could not make up for the dissatisfaction I experienced during flight. My seat was very uncomfortable and the cabin was very, very dated. There was NO in flight entertainment (not even from the clunky overhead screen). The staff were decent, but nothing spectacular. On the way back, I flew on an A321, but it felt similar to the 757 I had flown on to CUN. I have flown on every type of plane in the fleet, and every plane has this sort of feeling, with the exception of the A330 (note: the A330 fleet still feels average when compared to other airlines, but is better than every other plane in their fleet. The 767-200s in their fleet are horrible, and the A320 family in their fleet is relatively shabby. Regional jets are what you would expect from a regional jet. Overall, a horrible airline, and as soon as I move out of Asheville to a larger city I plan on using another airline.

US Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by D Moore    (USA)

Flew to Manchester UK. First leg (delayed). Second leg (PHI to MAN UK) we all get on the plane after slight delay, and the pilot comes on and says "We have to replace to doors on the front undercarriage - we'll be here about 15 minutes". For the next hour we hear every 15 minutes that we will be on the ground for another 15 minutes. Finally, we head for the de-icing stand. The pilot tells us that the plane had been standing at the airport all day and it would take extra time to de-ice. If the plane had been there all day, why hadn't they taken care of the maintenance and got the plan de-iced before the scheduled departure time? Rest of flight is routine until we get to Manchester, when they can't seem to get the jetway to roll up to the door. Come on people, how hard can it be? So we have to wait for them to find some steps and we deplane onto the tarmac. Glad it wasn't bucketing with rain. On way back, they book us onto a cancelled flight and don't tell us our connection is cancelled until we get to Philadelphia. What's more, they think everything is cancelled for Tuesday too and they don't care! Customer service reps weren't even apologetic and certainly weren't interested in helping us get home. So we run over to the departures board and find jetBlue still has flights and we manage to get on a jetBlue flight. Re: Food. They served dinner at 11 O'clock at night - really? All you want them to do at that time is turn the lights down so you can try to sleep. Didn't eat it but it left the cabin smelling like a Russian cafeteria Then they served a pathetic breakfast just before landing when a decent breakfast would have been welcome. Totally ill-conceived. Re: Cabin crew: Perfectly acceptable. Did have an odd situation where the crew member asked me what I wanted to drink, and then disappeared without a word (or a drink) and I had to ask again when they went by later, but they brought me my drink quickly after that. It was the service desk that causes me to rate Staff Service as poor. Re: Entertainment. Overseas flight had seat back screens, but the range of selections was very weak and the screens themselves were very bulky - they were touch insensitive screens.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by A B Mannes    (USA)

Because I travel professionally from PHL, I am stuck with US Airways as they have a monopoly on most domestic non- stops from here. This week alone, on three separate flights, customer service: 1) Refused to seat me with my wife on the same reservation as I was placed in a choice seat (ADA accommodation) and she would've had to pay $89 each way for the upgrade (one row up) or sit separately. Yes, this was after I informed then it was due to an old line-of-duty injury, they didn't care. 2) Refused to waive a $450 difference for a flight two hours before the flight I was booked on, even though the requested change is because of an impending snow storm starting when the flight I'm booked on is leaving. 3) Charged bag fees to Cancun, Mexico even though it is an international flight and they don't charge fees for every other Mexican city they fly to.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Spencer    (USA)

We flew from Brussels to Philadelphia. Before we even took off, the pilot announced we might have to stop to refuel, which would delay our flight by an hour. That being said, the plane was miserably small and old. The air conditioners were so loud it was difficult to hear announcements or talk to flight attendants. We had to stop in NY for fuel, which delayed our flight by an hour and a half. We landed in Philadelphia at 3.10. At least 20 passengers missed their connecting flights in Philadelphia, including ourselves. We were supposed to have a connecting flight to Nashville at 3.45. When we deplaned they already had new tickets printed for passengers who would be missing their next flight, which was nice. The new plan was to leave for Charlotte at 5, and then catch a connecting flight to Nashville. It took them an hour to retrieve our luggage from the plane and another 20 minutes for us to get through customs and security. We rechecked out bags, but they didn't ask us for any additional information just took our bags and said we were fine. The gate number for Charlotte on the ticket they had just printed was wrong, so we almost missed that flight but made it just in time. We got to Charlotte and boarded for Nashville without any glitches. When we boarded for Nashville we sat in the plane for 30 minutes after our take off time. No one said why. We finally got to Nashville, and our luggage had not made it with us. They said it was still in Charlotte. They are supposed to be delivering it some time today. We'll see.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Sophia Demasi    (USA)

Just completed a business class flight from PHL to Rome. Flight was less than average at best. I have taken many business class flights on other airlines so I have a sense of what should happen. When arriving the attendant did not greet us. She just threw the menu our way and said to give her our dinner order. They served me my on board champagne but forgot to serve my partner. When we inquired the attendant said to wait a minute as he was doing a 'head count'. Partner ordered the steak but was given the fish instead. They apologized and said to wait 20 minutes for the steak. When it finally arrived it was blood red and inedible. If you ask me, they do not have enough help on board. With 32 seats in business I saw only 2 attendants. Etihad and Thai Airways have double that for the same number of people. The new business class seats are made for men. It is not possible to put your foot on the foot rest without adjusting the seat back. This airline needs to step it up. Suggest avoiding if at all possible and certainly do not pay the premium cost for business class.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Richard Wilson    (UK)

Flew SJU-PHL first class. Had to make BA connection in PHL but had best part of 2 hours. Plane was late in, and when we were all loaded we waited around for no obvious reason. It transpired that one of the maintenance crew had gone off with the plane's log without which it couldn't fly. Plane (757) itself had been repainted in the new AA livery, but inside was very old and tired. First class seat quite comfortable but the cabin was dreary - as was the service. Grumpy and unhelpful flight attendants. Unable to give me any help about my connection in PHL and I was told to ask when I got there. Landed just before 6pm. As they didn't use the front door, it took a while to get out. Then they announced that the agent was only providing information to passengers with connections before or at 6pm - basically people who had missed their flights and not those (like me) who had an outside chance of making it (if I could find the plane). I asked another agent whose terse reply was "If it's a BA flight, I don't know". Great, Thanks. Well worth letting US Airways into One World, wasn't it? Found it and made the flight to LHR. BA infinitely better. US Airways is like the sort of airline you'd expect to find in a Third World country.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by A B Mannes    (USA)

I'm a former law enforcement officer with a knee injury. Unfortunately, as I live in Philadelphia, I fly US Airways as they have a near monopoly on long non-stops out of PHL. I fly every month, and am always accommodated through the ADA into the bulkhead seat for the extra legroom, as I'm 6'3". On the rare occasions that my afraid- of-flying wife is accompanying me, she has (since 2009) been accommodated with me in the next seat, as a courtesy. Last week, I booked two trips, one for a conference and one vacation that my wife is accompanying me on. On my customary call to US Airways to get my ADA accommodation (because there's no way to do this online when you book the seats), I was told that my wife would have to sit separate from me or I'd have to pay for the "choice seat". When I explained to the customer service agents, they all stated that there is nothing they can do for me, as all they had to do under the law was accommodate me, and my wife had to pay the fee. I fly at least 12-20 times a year with US Airways, and they'd rather offend me by making my wife pay a fee to sit in the disabled row next to me for a lousy $52 each way? The mere principal here is rude. The shame is that I'm stuck with stops if I switch carriers, but am considering doing so immediately. Southwest is looking better to me every day, and the minute JetBlue comes to PHL, I'm taking all my business there.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

December 27, BOS to MJB and return on January 3, non-stop flights which operate only on Saturdays to Jamaica and back. After the mixed reviews for this airline, I, accompanied by nine other family members, was not looking forward to this flight. Almost a two-hour delay taking off, caused by understaffed flight control employees on vacation, and a one hour delay landing because of bad weather in Boston tested our grandkids' endurance. But US Airways made the experience on both legs as pleasant as possible. The captain kept us very well-informed, and the flight attendants were cheerful and very present. The seats were more comfortable than in many economy cabins I have experienced. Further, given the large number of families with young children boarding, US Airways was able to start the board process early. Agents at both the check in counter and the gate were exceptionally helpful and friendly. And finally luggage arrived promptly at both destinations. An excellent experience.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Robert Clarkson    (USA)

I was recently reminded why I avoid US Air after a flight to LGA on Christmas Eve. The flights attendants offered no cabin service because of "Turbulence." My desk is more turbulent than that flight. They just refused to work. Maybe if they'd remained strapped in. It wasn't so turbulent that they couldn't walk around in the galley area. At least I booked on Delta for the return.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Kerynn Holtzman    (USA)

I have always selected US Airways as my airline of choice. That will no longer be the case as of this last trip. I am completely unsatisfied with the way in which US Airways customer service dealt with a series of unfortunate events. I purchased 2 direct First Class flights from Washington, DC to Phoenix, AZ. Not only was the first flight cancelled due to maintenance, we were then re-routed through Des Moines, Iowa only to have our second connecting flight to Phoenix, cancelled. Over twenty hours later, we finally reached our destination. We lost a day of our vacation. I phoned US Airways customer care, and thought that they would understand the following - 1) We purchased Direct First Class seats, which are more expensive then multiple stop, shuttle flights as well as foregoing the lunch even that should have been offered. 2) Cancellations were not due to weather, rather maintenance (on two planes)- we lost a day of an already short trip to see family. I requested a change in the RT flights home by 1 day (same flight #, etc) to allow our family to make up the time lost. I was told, and I quote "We got you there, and that is all we commit to. Given you are requesting a flight change, of your choice and not due to the airline, there is nothing we can do for you." The total cost to make the change is $600.00 per person. I was disgusted at the lack of care regarding the situation and further their lack of concern. I would not recommend travelling on this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Byers    (USA)

I have flown with US airways 3 times now and each time has been unpleasant. I wonder if this airline is ever on time. All flights were delayed - once for 12 hours. This time I flew to Puerto Vallarta from San Francisco. The flight to SF was delayed and I had to run with my carry on and barely made my connecting flight. On the way back the check-in service at Puerto Vallarta airport was appalling. I first was directed to a long line to get my boarding pass from a computer and then I had to wait in another line for the US airways staff to look at my visa. Had to board a bus to get to the waiting plane. I booked my ticket / seats well in advance and was not given the seats I had selected - I was seated in the middle over the wing on all flights - the one seat I did not want. When I complained I was told it was my fault for checking in late - I was early and had chosen my seat when I purchased the tickets. I was also told that I did not have the right status to guarantee my seat. On the flight from Phoenix to San Francisco, also delayed, it was difficult to even get a cup of water. All together a horrible experience. I will be paying the extra dollars for the non-stop service with Alaska Airlines next time.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Jennifer Quinn    (USA)

I just returned from a family trip to Puerto Vallarta where we all flew US Air! This is the worst airline experience I have experienced. The employees seem to all be rude and unprofessional. It's a real shame since it flies to many destinations I fly to but I will pay more to have an airline that actually values its customers. Every leg of each of our flights were delayed, one of our parties missed their flight even though the plane was still at the gate. It set on at the gate for 10 minutes before it pushed away. There were 21 people that needed to be rebooked standing! Same thing happened on the way back! Southwest and Alaska never treats passengers with such disregard.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Maccuswell Robert    (USA)

Recently flew from Philadelphia to Orlando and return. Philadelphia curbside checking smooth - no issues. Pre- printed boarding so just straight to security. Airside boarding was crowded and pretty disorganized. Flight uneventful but crowded. Lots of families with excited kids but to be expected. Arrival fine. Return less crowded. No issues. Plane both ways pretty worn. FA's did job just not very friendly.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by B Paul    (UK)

We travelled for the first time with this airline and happy to say we were well pleased with all 4 of our flights. We left Manchester 8th Dec via Philadelphia and on to Miami, landing 30 mins early. We experienced no hitches whatsoever and also with our return journey on Dec 18th. Seats were fine and food was very acceptable. No problems and we would be happy to use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Row    (USA)

I am disabled, and have a great deal of difficulty walking unassisted - cannot bend my knees very far. I flew US Air, not realizing how terrible they are. They waited until everyone was boarded before wheeling me to the plane. Since I have difficulty walking, all eyes were on me as I very slowly walked to my seat holding onto the headrests of each seat. I had to make one connection with each flight in Charlotte, NC. The reservation associate was able to place me on an aisle all but one way, and told me when I got to Charlotte that staff at the gate would change me with another passenger. After everyone else had boarded, a very rude gate attendant told me the plane was fully booked and they couldn't change my seat which was half way back in the middle seat. A sweet young lady on the aisle offered to change with me, so at least I was able to accomplish that. I cannot carry any weight other than a handbag, I asked the male flight attendant to carry my carryon to my seat and place it in the overhead for me, he begrudging did it, turned around in a huff, and walked away afterwards. Staff were all rude. I will never fly this airline again. No food was offered on a flight that was almost 2 hours long. I also experienced a delay almost missing my connecting flight.

US Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Basel    (USA)

Orlando to Tucson with stop in PHX. Flight attendants were rude. Flight to Tucson - no beverage service. Staff stated flight was too short - I have flown this route many times and have never seen any airline not even offer water.

US Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Brooke    (USA)

US799, AMS to PHL. Take this flight often, unfortunately, due to no other direct flights between these 2 locations. Firstly, ground staff at PHL check in are just unfriendly. Surly and not one smile. The aircraft's they use on this leg often breaks down and the interior is extremely outdated. You get to watch a movie on an overhead screen, zero selection. It's like flying on something from 20 years ago. What could make up for this is the cabin crew, but unfortunately they too are surly and clearly lost all sense of customer service after many years on the job.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Phil    (USA)

Flight 730, CLT-LHR, economy. Boarded surprisingly early. Not full flight. Almost 1 hr delay at the gate after boarding due to mechanical issue, but strong tail winds made up for most of it. Water was offered during the delay. Dinner was choice of chicken with risotto or pasta with Alfredo sauce, plus soft cheese and crackers, roll and butter, garden salad and dressing, and a dessert bar. The entrée is just the same as a microwave meal, so if you like that, you will like the food onboard. If you don't, you won't. I did. Was pleasantly surprised by two changes since my last trip on this flight, less than a month earlier - beer is now complimentary in economy. Previously only the house red / white wine was complimentary. Also, the pre-arrival snack is more extensive. Before, it was a hot muffin. Now, it's the same hot muffin with a couple other bagged treats. CLT is nice for frequent flyers. Security Checkpoint C is kept for the elite levels, so not much wait there. Also, the preferred access lets you bypass the line of people waiting to board and go right to the front and be the next one on the plane.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by A Frederic    (France)

CDG–PHL, NOV 30 2014. CDG AA Lounge is over crowded. Only 3 men's lavatories for more than 100 people. Preflight drink in plastic glass. Pre-lunch drink with cold poor quality nuts, appetizer salad similar to those available in a low-cost market. Entree and cheese were OK. Crew too busy to speak in the galley. No question for more bread, wine or coffee. Seat is flat and ok, so is IFE. Snack before lunch was a joke - a cheap pizza and a salad. Lavatories beetwen Business and Economy, locked all the flight. No reason as to why!

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by B Walters    (Canada)

I flew from Fort Lauderdale to Philadelphia and on to Ottawa on 24 Nov. I cannot say that this was a good travel experience. My first impression on arrival at the Fort Lauderdale check-in in counter was a dismal fail. Even though there were hardly any people in line, I was ignored standing, first in the wrong line, then once directed to another line, was ignored by the agent there until finally another approached and proceeded to get my baggage tag. The flights themselves were fairly uneventful, and the inflight staff were much more friendly. The seating was however not comfortable, nor was there any kind of seatback entertainment system like on other airlines. The flight from Philadelphia to Ottawa was a quick regional jet flight, and therefore I am used to no on board amenities. This flight was not horrible, but the poor reception at Fort Lauderdale did leave me feeling like I might not choose US Airways for my next transborder flight.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Beyer    (USA)

I was using a duffle sized soft bag as my carry on and the US Airways check-in assistant told me it was too big and I had to check it. I told her I had flown the previous day with US Airways and many other times using this same bag and it had never been a problem. Extremely dismissive - looked at my ticket and told me that I wasn't a preferred member. We put the bag on the frame and it fit. Told that it didn't matter and I had to check the bag. I checked the measurements of the bag online and it is compliant with airline requirements for carry on luggage. I am furious that status with an airline and one person's opinion impacts my service. I will be giving my business and money to other airlines.

US Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Z Pavel    (Canada)

YYZ-PHL-PUJ. Toronto has a horrible border preclearance. Whole passage (customs, passport control, baggage and security) took about 35-45 mins. The terminal on the other hand is clean and well maintained. The US Airways staff offered to put large carry-ons in the hold for free. The flight was uneventful, staff indifferent. Connection in PHL well done. Terminal A looks amazing. Terminals B-E were very small and crowded. The flight from PHL to PUJ I was amazed that US Airways decided to use a twin-aisle A330. The crew was funny, cheerful and helpful. The seats were reasonably clean and well spaced, seatback IFE with quite the selection of games and videos/songs. The customs in PUJ were straightforward, with a new 10 dollar entry tax for "tourist cards". Overall, worth the money and definitely would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Gerard Clarke    (Ireland)

I recently flew with American Airlines from Philadelphia to Dublin on the red eye. The flight was well organised but the facilities were extremely poor. The inflight entertainment consisted of 1 screen for the cabin, I was at the bulkhead so couldn't even see the film. Only one film was played for the entire 6 hours of the flight. The food was comical and breakfast I actually took with me to show my friends in the pub, it consisted of a flat muffin which looked like a normal muffin had been stepped on.

US Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hansen Barbara    (USA)

Three hour flight delay due to mechanical issues. One being lack of AC. Confined to the airplane the entire time. One issue after another kept us grounded. Offered nothing but water. We sat at the gate the entire time looking inside the terminal at 2 fast food restaurants. We should have been allowed to deplane, with instructions to stay in the immediate area. Once in the air, we had to pay for food (snacks).

US Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Dunn    (USA)

I was rebooked on US Airways after a United flight was delayed. Then, the US Airways flight was delayed, and we had to disembark. I had to rebook my trip because my onward US flight to Tel Aviv would have left. The customer service agent said I did not pay for the ticket and wondered several times why I was allowed to board. She called her supervisor who discovered, I had paid (business class) and that is why I was on their flight. I received no apology, but lots of attitude. So, no more US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

US 731 Business Class LHR to CLT A330-300 24th October 2014, very good seat 1A, great service and good food.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

US 2046, CLT to RSW, 24th November 2014 seat 2A First Class. Great service, pre-take off drinks, small snack, great coffee, comfortable seat.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by A Adams    (USA)

On November 5, 2014 I flew US Airways - what a mistake. I am disabled and my husband checked the night before to make sure a wheelchair would be ready at the airport. Seattle to Tucson via Phoenix. No wheelchair in Seattle, finally after waiting at check-in for 45 minutes the desk clerk was worried I was going to miss the flight and grabbed a wheel chair and I was put on plane at the last minute. Arrived at Phoenix - no wheelchair - person working at desk ignored me. Another passenger interrupted her and told her I needed assistance and I finally got help. Arrived in Tucson - no wheelchair - had to walk from tarmac to baggage. Wheelchair available for another customer - asked the person if he could get one for me, he shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Customer service a nightmare - do not want to talk to you in person. The prices are good but they do not care about there customers.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Segal    (USA)

PHX-HNL return in economy. Exit row seat, so extra legroom. Be warned-any window seat directly behind the exit door has very limited legroom due to the protruding door. Seat 9d is excellent though-able to stretch out. Service friendly and good. Both flights on time, even early by a few minutes. Only complaint would be seatmate on the overnight return. Very large man made for an extremely uncomfortable ride. When he sat down and slid back, the arm rest rose with his body. Not fun. Entertainment shown on outbound, but did not watch.

US Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

LGA-DCA-SYR. Flight out of LGA was delayed due to weather and had a very tight connection in DCA but the flight attendants kept reassuring me that I had enough time to make it. Flight to DCA on an E190 and it barely half full which provided a very comfortable flight and legroom and recline were good. No beverage runs this time due to heavy turbulence. Made it to my flight to SYR with a minute to spare, this flight on a smaller E170. The flight attendant serving my row was an absolute delight. Per usual, like all other major US carriers, they lack the polish and finesse of their Asian counterparts. However, she was very friendly, warm and she made a lot of interaction with me and other passengers. I was given a whole can of Coke which is always nice, flight was seamless and arrived on time. I'm also glad that the crew and the airline has a lot of positivity about its ongoing merger with American.

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by T Amann    (USA)

Our weekend was ruined when this airline canceled our flight due to mechanical problems. After sitting in the airport from 7:00am until 3:30pm our 8:30am flight was finally canceled. We repeatedly stood in line to find out what was going only to be told our best bet was to wait for that plane to be repaired. A part was coming at 11:00am and then it was coming at 2:00pm. By the time they received the part and found out it didn't correct the problem it was too late and there were no more flights that day. We were kept in the dark all day unless we went to find out what was going on. When the flight was officially canceled no one even announced it. Wouldn't announcing the cancelation be the least they could do for the customers who spent the entire day waiting. Shame on you US Airways for treating your customers so poorly and barely even offering an apology.

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Colleen Doherty    (Ireland)

Flew from Dublin to Philadelphia (connecting flight to Boston delayed by 3 hours). On board staff never came to aid when call bell rung. On route back from Boston to Philadelphia, delayed on the runway for 1.5 hrs due to snow, crew told us not to worry if we missed our connecting flight to Dublin and that we could head straight for a flight to London. After running with bags for 20 mins through the airport we were told we could not get on the flight to London and would have to stay the night in Philadelphia. Staff were so rude it was unreal and especially to an elderly couple who missed their flight as a buggy was not allowed to transport them to their gate. Staff did not make us aware that they provided discounts for hotels either.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Mason    (UK)

Having flown Boston to Honolulu via Phoenix first class with no problem I wasn't anticipating problems on the return journey. I could not have been more wrong. When I got to Phoenix on the return trip I was suddenly bumped to coach! They told me this was due to a change of aircraft and that the crew would treat me as if I was first class passenger. The crew told me there was no change of plane and that I had been bumped in favour of another passenger despite me holding a full first class ticket! I was treated exactly the same as a coach passenger so felt let down, disappointed and lied to! I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Connie Serrer-Molinari    (USA)

Second time I have used US airways, and both times have been a disaster. First time from Tucson to Sacramento was delayed in Tucson (no explanation), then when I did get on and had to transfer planes in Phoenix, I waited 3 hrs with a boarding pass in front of the gate. When I presented my boarding pass at the gate to get on they told me that the seat was already taken. Spent the night in Phoenix at a hotel because no flights were available. Swore I wouldn't fly them again, but I had to get to Columbus, Ohio for a wedding - got on the plane on time, then sat there when they announced (at least they told us this time) that there were mechanical difficulties. Everyone got off, got in a line of at least 100 fellow travelers to rebook it and the best they could do was another flight 10.5h later to arrive the next day (wedding would have already happened). Got my money back at least.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Potter    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Charlotte on 04/10/14. Flight late leaving Heathrow and not enough layover time allowed, so we missed our connecting flight to Orlando, managed to get another flight early Sunday am (we were booked on a cruise that sailed Sunday afternoon) but spent a very uncomfortable night in Charlotte airport the US Airways staff offered no accommodation, food or drink. On our return leg from Charlotte to Heathrow we were delayed over an hour and a half on the plane due to a "medical issue" with 2 passengers (This issue should have been picked up long before the passengers were allowed to board). Would I fly with US Airways again? Well just to say Ryanair could teach them something!

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Brooks Michael    (USA)

Direct flight from Charlotte to Salt Lake City. At the designated boarding time, flight attendants told a few folks the plane was still in maintenance and we'd board in 15 minutes or so. (no announcement). 15 minutes later they said it would be another 15 minutes. Some time passed and they said they couldn't fix the plane in time so they were going to give us another one. Then they said we were waiting for a storm to pass before they brought the plane from the hanger. They finally got a plane over to the terminal, then started trying to find the flight crew who had apparently left the airport. Crew later said they were told the flight was cancelled (although they never told the passengers that). They found the crew, boarded zone 1 and 2 then realized the captain was missing, so they asked everyone to deboard the plane. A Captain was eventually found. Plane took off 3.5 hours after scheduled time. We wouldn't have known anything that was happening if we hadn't been sitting near the gate desk. Communication was terrible to the passengers. We were basically kept waiting at the gate for 4 hours or so with the belief we would be boarding at any time. On the flip side, the flight attendants were friendly, pleasant and apologetic.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Thomas Blair    (USA)

Flew from Las Vegas to Philadelphia and on to Portland. Never have I witnessed such complete incompetence and total disregard for the paying customer. Had to stay the night in the airport as flights were cancelled repeatedly with no explanation. Repeatedly shuttled from one terminal to another while the monitors were either not updated or working at all. We were told to go to customer service. Line was 150 yards long as I paced it. After an hour the same couple was at the counter. Two girls behind the counter. Finally took to the phone for help. At midnight we were told we weren't entitled to food or lodging vouchers as the cancellation's were due to traffic congestion. The only good thing I see is U.S Airways can only go up from here. Worst experience ever.

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Susan Simon    (USA)

US Airways has an unfair baggage policy. In the interest of efficiency & courtesy I checked by bag only to hear an announcement at the gate that the flight was full and bags would be checked for free! US Airways knew the flight was full at the time I checked my bag and should have told me, instead they charged me $50 (round trip).

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Koelmel    (Germany)

Flight US 706 from Charlotte to Frankfurt was delayed for more than five hours due to maintenance. It seemed to be the second time within 6 days. Former records read to it accordingly. Delay came in steps of half hours and hours. Nobody cared whether passengers had to drink or to eat, the shops in Charlotte were closed. Our flight US1917 five days earlier from Philadelphia was delayed for two hours. The plane had to return to the gate due to maintenance. The airline always prevented online booking with free luggage although it was already booked. US airlines are not committed to pay penalty. Maybe this is reasonable for the many delays of transatlantic flights. I review this airline as unreliable.

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Pugsley    (USA)

I was returning home from DFW on flight 649 on 9/27/2014 which was supposed to arrive in Phoenix, with a connecting flight from Phoenix to San Jose. Instead of landing we circled Phoenix airport for over an hour then were diverted to New Mexico. After sitting on the tarmac for over 4 hours at Albuquerque airport, we were told that the flight had to be canceled. Upon exiting the plane, we were told to contact customer service (800 number). We were told that no reimbursements for hotels would be made and that there were no flights available that we could get on until the following Monday. I was told to ask about flight 9011 the next day which flew to Phoenix. The agent said she could put me on that flight but any flights continuing to San Jose the same day were not available. Later that evening I found a flight out of Phoenix to San Jose on Priceline for $337.00 and booked it so I could get home. Guess which airline that was on? US Airways! US Airways had one agent at the ticketing counter the following morning and over 187 people in line. Two days later I pulled up my unused ticket to request a refund and it shows a connecting ticket which I was not told about nor did I use and I am outraged! This was our second trip on US Airways - thinking it couldn't happen twice the first time we were diverted, and had to drive 2 states to make a cruise! Again - no reimbursements!

US Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Brett Smith    (USA)

CLT-BOS. It's advertised online as 2+ hours, but the flight only took 95 minutes. No issues on the ground or in the air. They went around with drinks and I thought they would provide snacks, so I asked the attendant for a snack. I was surprised to later learn that snacks aren't free, but the flight attendant never charged me. Return flight was delayed 30 minutes, supposedly because of the issues in Chicago. Somebody made a snarky comment to flight attendant, she definitely heard it but wisely ignored it. No other issues on the ground or in the air. It's always funny flying into Charlotte b/c majority of people aboard are switching planes. While others were making a mad dash to their next plane, I was taking an easy stroll in the terminal.

US Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by C Walsh    (Canada)

Savannah to Philadelphia (equipment change) to Buffalo. Embraer 175 on both legs. Flights left on time, arrived on time. First Class was just ok - expensive fare class but worth it for pre-boarding, more space and a limited beverage/snack service. FAs were cordial, not overly friendly.

US Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Priyanu Two    (Germany)

17/8/2014: Boston - Philadelphia - Munich: I used BA business lounge in Philadelphia which was really nice and then I tried out US Airways business lounge which was big but nothing much to offer. After boarding the plane I was very surprised to see the seating was very nice and comfortable. I was able to sleep all the way to Munich after dinner. The staff were very friendly and the whole experienced with US Airways was a very good one.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Stine Caden    (USA)

Over the summer my family and I flew to Fort. Myers on US Airways. On the way there we flew from Indianapolis to Charlotte to Fort. Myers. The flight was pretty average. On the way back, though, I have some complaints. We flew Fort. Myers to Washington Reagan to Indianapolis. On the flight back to Indy from Washington we were on a smaller Embraer jet. The Plane's condition was terrible. Multiple overhead bins were broken, and at my seat the wall panel was falling off! I could see the insulation of the plane. Also all over my seat belt was gum. It was very disgusting and I could not change seats because it was a full flight. I'm willing to give US Airways another chance though. I would also recommend them to a friend because 3/4 flights were alright.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Austin    (USA)

PHL-LAX-PHL, September 3-9. I went out to Los Angeles for a vacation on US Airways. When I arrived at Philadelphia airport to my surprise the check-in and TSA lines were not crowded at all for it being a Hub. As for the flight, it was uneventful. It left on time and arrived to LAX few minutes early. Flight was smooth but trying to sleep and relax in those coach seats was uncomfortable. The flight coming back left on time as well and flight went smoothly. Since US Airways is about to be the only airline to be non-stop to between Philly and Los Angeles once Virgin America stops its flights in October looks I'll have no choice but to use US Airways as I personally hate connecting flights.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Marks Debbie    (USA)

We traveled from Charlotte NC to Paris France in late August and had booked in Envoy class. Much to our total amazement we were loaded onto a 30 year plane with old business class seats that did not lie flat and were worn out and hard as a board, it was like trying to sleep on a teeter-totter. They gave us an old ipad for entertainment. Food was horrible and the flight attendants went up front and closed the drapes. Impossible to get even a drink. When I called US airways, they offered nothing for their false advertising. If we allow airlines to treat us with disrespect it will continue to happen. I know it won't make a difference, but I nor my husband will ever fly US airways or American again. It is the only small way that we can voice or extreme displeasure about being treated so poorly. They didn't even respond to my email.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Maher    (USA)

On our last US Airways trip, the return from Athens was a complete disaster. I verified my seats and flights twice in the week before I left home. I brought a printed copy of the itinerary from their website. At the airport, I was told that "you don't have seats on the first leg of your journey from Athens to Zurich (Swiss Air). I see your reservation, but for some reason, US Airways cancelled your seats on that portion of the trip. The flight is full, you don't have seats, call them. Step aside." I did call US Airways - on hold for long stretches while their personnel verified that it was the next day in Athens vs. where the customer service is located in the U.S. and while they tried to put me on a flight now leaving in 1/2 hour. We ran to the Lufthansa check-in as instructed - after repeated attempts to get tickets, we were told by Lufthansa that they could see the reservation, but US Airways hadn't completed the task and we couldn't get on board. I called US Airways again in front of the Lufthansa check-in (more time on hold despite explaining that we had less than 1/2 hour to get tickets, clear security and get to the gate). They verified that the last agent had not completed our reservation in Lufthansa's system. They now instructed us to go to Swiss Air and get the same tickets since they were codeshare partners on the Lufthansa flight. While explaining that Swiss Air was where we started and on the other side of the airport, the announcement closing that flight was made. US Airways then stated they could do nothing until the next day's flight to get us out. I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor reiterated that nothing from Athens was available until the next day. I told her that I could see online that several flights were available to European gateway cities that morning, but was told that US Airways couldn't put me on those flights. She was more helpful when I offered to get us to any European gateway on my dime, but then told me that all the flights from London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Munich, etc. were full. My wife tried again and did reach someone that routed us to Paris and home on Air France. Air France was a welcome change and they actually worked to correct more US Airways problems created during re-booking us. I always thought the day would come where US Airways would turn the corner and become a great airline (and I've waited a long time), but I've officially lost interest in being around to see it.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Ben Weeks    (USA)

I fly with US Airways a lot and they are average, nothing special. Flying from CLT-SAN we usually leave on time, a few minutes early even. But ever since they removed inflight entertainment on their domestic flights a 5 hour flight on an A320 is a little long. Make sure to bring your own things for movies and music, Airbus A320 was older, with some signs of age and grime on it, taffy stuffed into what used to be a power port on my armrest, 2 skittles stuck to the carpet under my seat, leather was worn as well. Cabin Crew were nice and attentive, drinks and snacks were average, though their marketplace meals are not as quality. Just a few days before our trip, US Airways changed our flight numbers and if I had not looked at the reservation again I might have been in a little trouble in finding the gate. If you don't like spending a lot of money try not to bring huge suitcases that need to be checked, as US Airways charges 25 extra dollars per bag each way. US Airways is an average airline, nothing very special.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J McTaggart    (USA)

I booked my trip through Orbitz. The trip was "must be there on time" type of trip. I was very pleased that check in was made easy to do online, I had no problems with baggage as I carried only 1 bag with me. We traveled from DFW to Charlotte, NC then onto Charleston, WV. The plan for the first leg of the trip was excellent my only critique would be on that 2nd leg of the trip, which was in a much smaller plane and the seats were pretty "snug". However we were on time the entire way there. On the way back our trip was delayed from leaving almost 2 hrs but there had been storms that had come through which had thrown many other flights off and I guess that was natures fault. All the staff was very friendly. They served only a beverage as our trips were short and I didn't mind. I would recommend us airways to anyone and look forward to flying with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Darren    (Canada)

Do not use this airline, especially out of YEG. I have never complained about a flight before. We had the exact experience with a cancelled flight from YEG to PHX as a previous post David had, because of crew members not showing up. This was a 6.20am flight and was cancelled while we were in line to board. US Airways were extremely rude in re-routing us, it was a take it or leave it proposal. And my experience continues to be horrible as I continue to deal with their customer service. Do not use this airline!

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Trevena Barry    (UK)

I have just returned from a holiday to Miami Florida which went from Heathrow and stopped in Charlotte. I wanted to write a review as I read others before I left and they were mostly all really bad so I was terrified about what to expect. I'm pleased to say I was more than pleasantly surprised by my travel experience. All flights left on time and were early arriving, we actually got back into Heathrow 45 minutes earlier than expected! Staff were pleasant, the flight was smooth and there was plenty of room in our seats, we all had our own touch screen TV with so many films to choose from it was excellent. Even the food was good, it was free on the transatlantic flight and we just bought our own snacks for the domestic flight, however, all flights had complimentary drinks which was more than I expected on the domestic ones. I have to say it's a shame for those that have had a bad experience but I want people to know that it a great airline to use and it will always be my first choice in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by F Clough    (UK)

Flight US735 Manchester to Philadelphia on 2nd August cancelled due to - you have guessed it - maintenance problems. Managed to fly out on Monday 4th missing a full 2 days of holiday. We will never fly with them again, perhaps we should have known, they even messed up the return booking after they changed our route back and failed to book our granddaughter with us, even though the flights had been "linked", they had a 7 year old flying on her own. The food was also inedible.

US Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by A Ross    (USA)

I paid extra to have shorter lay over times. Instead we were stuck on the San Juan airport for 5 hours because the plane was late and we missed our connecting flight. That was on the way to St Thomas. On our way home we were delayed again because they had maintenance problems. Sat in the airport another 3 hours, than 4 hours, then 5 hours before they finally got us on a plane.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Michelle Morland    (UK)

I have just returned from a holiday to Las Vegas which went from Glasgow & stopped in Philly. I wanted to write a review as I read others before I left and they were mostly all really bad so I was terrified about what to expect. I'm pleased to say I was more than pleasantly surprised by my travel experience. All flights left on time and were early arriving, we actually got back into Glasgow 45 minutes earlier than expected! Staff were pleasant, the flight was smooth and there was plenty of room in our seats. Even the food was good, it was free on the transatlantic flight and we just bought our own snacks for the domestic flight, however, all flights had complimentary drinks which was more than I expected on the domestic ones. I have to say it's a shame for those that have had a bad experience but I want people to know that it doesn't always have to be bad.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Egan    (USA)

Flight 614, Phoenix to Atlanta, was three times delayed. Instead of 9.50pm arrival on 9/1, we arrived at 3am on 9/2. In Phoenix, after we loaded and taxied out, a mechanical problem was encountered. We deplaned, and two hours later got a new plane. Although entire plane was loaded, we waited 45 minutes for the same two pilots to show up for this second aircraft. This plane finally pulled out of the gate about 7.20pm and after a short taxi, back into another gate to check an allegation of a supposed "bulging window seal" on an A320, which a passenger claimed to have seen. You cannot see window seals from the interior of the aircraft. This supposed mechanical problem, for which no repair measures were taken, prevented us from leaving Phoenix until 9pm, Pacific. It was a very unpleasant, seemingly unnecessary experience as to the allegations of mechanical trouble on the second plane and the pilot delay in simply arriving at the aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Phuong Tran    (USA)

I don't fly a lot but when I do I expect professional staff service. I have not have this issue with other carriers. Anyway, I just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach, NC. Our connecting flight from Charlotte to MB was delayed 45 minutes. The plane was just there. When the announcer made the call she didn't announce our boarding zone. We waited and had to get up there. We told her we didn't hear her calling the zone she rudely replied "ah I did". Gate c29 on Tuesday 3ish 8/26/14. On our way back at gate c10 from Charlotte to Phil on Friday at 8.05pm 8/29/14, the announcer mumbled and lots of passengers didn't understand what he was announcing. We didn't know our boarding zone was called. Both times we didn't get a proper update on the flight status at Charlotte.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

MUC-PHL-ORD on Sept 2. A330-200 from MUC - mechanical issue that delayed departure for almost 2 hours. They kept saying it would be 10 minutes but that stretched out every time. Once on board the flight was good - seat comfortable and good food. Great AVOD. Landed an hour late and ran through immigration and security to get to my ORD flight. A321 wasn't full - departed on time and sat on the runway for 2 hours due to a storm that came just as we were taken back to the terminal. Other planes were taking off so not sure if the reason they gave for the delay (air traffic couldn't route us around the storm) was honest. Landed 3 hours late in Chicago - crew was very friendly at least.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by John Gormley    (USA)

I was booked on a non stop flight from Philadelphia to Seattle. I arrived at the airport and was told that I was too late to check my baggage. They said I needed to be there 45 minutes before the flight departed and that I was 5 minutes too late. The woman at the desk was rude and uncooperative, saying that the policy says 45 minutes and I was late. I found another agent and she said all that she could do was put me on another flight leaving 10 minutes later, but it was not a non stop and I would get to sea title 5 hours later than the first flight. The policy I found online at their web site states you must be at the airport 30 minutes before your flight departs to check a bag. This is not the fist time I have had problems with US Airways since their take over by American but it will definitely be my last. I will never fly US Airways or American again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by K Harrison    (UK)

Travelled to Orlando via Philly and had a bad trip due to the incompetence of US Airways. Booked for a family of 6 (4 adults and 2 children 6 and 8) and was given split seats. I was told by the staff that we should ask the people who were in the seats next to some of us if they would move to let our family stay together. Got to Philly and heard a blurb over the tannoy so I went to the desk and asked about it and was abruptly told to wait. Asked again about sitting together only to be told the same thing again, at least that's standardisation for you. The return flight was worse with inconsiderate flight attendants, no back of the seat screen and again had to sort ourselves out with other families. I will never ever fly with US Airways again, abysmal company.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by U Kosecka    (Canada)

Trip from Rio to Toronto via US, Charlotte (US Airways hub). One plane was canceled without any information to passengers. Staff were rude and not accommodating. Difficult to believe that being in the hub, no other planes were available. It looks like their planes get a lot of mechanical problems. After my letter to airline requesting partial reimbursement for the ticket and meals during the 6 hrs of delay, I was offered credit/points, which I should use within one year. I am not planning to fly with US Airways anyway, so there credits/points are useless.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Callaly    (Ireland)

Against my better judgement, I used our compensation from our cancelled US Airways flights to SFO in summer 2013 to (partially) pay for flights to Florida this summer. On the way home to Dublin, Phil/Dub flights cancelled after 6 hours of zero info. Put on flights to Chicago the next day. Chicago/Dublin flight cancelled that night after 5 hours of zero information. I managed to book my family onto a 'decent' airline (Aer Lingus) and we made it onto a flight that night after lots of running between terminals. Two weeks later our bags have not arrived. I plan to drive to Dublin airport today and demand our bags back.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

ORD-PHL-MUC on August 28. A320 from ORD to PHL - departed early and landed early. Crew was very friendly and came through multiple times for trash pick up after their drink run. Connection was 2 hours to a full A330-200 to Munich. Boarding was well organized. Had aisle seat in front part of economy - seat comfort was good and AVOD was slow but great content. Flight attendants were not unfriendly but not super friendly. Chicken for dinner was yummy and filling. Landed 30 min early to Munich. Overall I was impressed with my first international trip on US Airways. And couldn't beat the fare - bought 5 days ahead at $700 round-trip.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Gribling    (USA)

The actual safety of the flight and the technical competence of the crew appears to be outstanding. But I would tell US Airways management that the customer service is only fair (C to a C-/D+). The flight attendants, appeared stressed and not really emitting a feeling that they were glad to have the customers aboard. The food was two meatballs and one broccoli spear. I know economy class should not whine but the meal looked so pitiful. The movie for my cross Atlantic flight (going and returning 2 weeks later was the "Muppet Movie"). The earphones that were passed out for the movie did not work and the advertised other entertainment channels were not working either. US Airways has so much potential.

US Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by T Joseph    (USA)

I was booked on a US Airways flight scheduled to depart from Philadelphia to Orlando at 6.50 am (that plane's first flight of the day). US Airways did not check and make sure that the plane was ready to go the previous night or earlier that morning, so we went through an endless list issues with the plane. About 6.5 hours after its scheduled departure time (including over 5 hours of being forced to stay on the plane), US Airways cancelled its flight and left us all to find another flight. By the time all the mechanical issues were finally resolved, there was bad weather in Orlando, so conveniently the US Airways records state that the flight was cancelled due to weather issues. If the flight had left on time, there would be no weather issues. Because they are now hanging their hat on the "weather issues," they have completely dismissed any responsibility they have for the numerous mechanical delays.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Jordan    (UK)

Return flights from Manchester (UK) - Charlotte (USA) - Las Vegas (USA). Very disappointed with these flights. OK, with the domestic flight you don't expect much. A seat, which was comfy enough and one or two drinks runs. Bog standard plane, no inflight entertainment and had to pay for wifi. Fine for the four hour domestic flight. Transatlantic though, different matter. On a Boeing 757. Same comfy seats (all seats were in the extra legroom section but the actual seats were the same in normal economy). Very dated entertainment as in TVs down the centre isle therefore no choice what to watch or when. No wifi on the planes either. Even if it was the same wifi as on the domestic flight it didn't give the chance to use streaming services such as netflix etc. The result? A very boring 10 hours on a plane. Food was OK, nothing special or bad, apart from the kids meal. We reserved one for our 5 year old in case the normal meal was a bit too adult for a kids palate. As it turned out, the normal meal would have been fine for ours. But the kids meal consisted of chicken nuggets or similar, potato croquettes and sweetcorn, followed by biscuits and grapes. Breakfast was a bagel with butter and jam. We had a lovely blueberry muffin. A bit of common sense would have been to keep the puddings and breakfasts the same throughout, just change the main meal to suit. Drinks runs were at the start and the end of the flight only. You had to call them in between.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Anderson Feng    (USA)

Booked over a month in advance for my wife and I. Then try to check in online the night before and they have us in different rows, both flights. When I called the agent said maybe because we have different names. Really? So even if you book at the same time they assume you are not together? First flight we were able to get seats together arranged by agent at front desk but connecting flight the flight crew told us to ask people in the seats if they would switch with us. Thankfully a passenger was more accommodating than the airline staff.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Scott    (USA)

My wife and I recently traveled from our home in South Carolina to San Francisco and back. The trip west was uneventful and Delta was fine. But the US Air flight from San Francisco to Charlotte NC at 1.05pm on Aug 13, 2014 we saw two attendants ahead of us but as only one taking boarding passes. There was a second attendant who was looking at everyone's carry-on bags. When my wife passed the boarding pass scanner, she rudely told my wife she couldn't board because she had three carry-on items - a purse, a book bag, and an envelope. She made my wife put the envelope into the book bag. I have no clue what made this US Air employee so spectacularly unable to deal with the public on this day, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Nearly every passenger on the plane about 190 of us, were commenting about the scene we had witnessed. And all felt the same as I. I flew the other half of my flight on Delta.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by David Bielli    (USA)

Business class BWI with transfer in Charlotte - LAX. First time I flew US Airways. On board service is ok, but would not pay for business class again. It is overpriced for the slightly larger seat. Food is ok. The real problem came when we arrived at 22.00 at LAX. We were off loaded and waited by the baggage claim. Luggage did not arrive until about 30-40 mins later. That would not be a big problem. The problem came when about 10 of us did not receive our luggage. The luggage belt kept going, but after about an hour it became obvious nothing else was going to come. I headed over to the luggage office and to my surprise the luggage was lined up to the other side by the entrance to the airport - you could have literally walked from outside, make two steps, take my luggage and leave and no one, not even cameras would see you come in. I approached the staff and raised my concern plus why did my suitcase not come the normal way. She proceeded to tell me it came on earlier flight. After asking why would they not inform us via PA system - she advised me there was no PA system they could use. I asked why could she not make the 1 min. trip and let us know and save us time and concern. She said "not my problem".

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by R Wharfe    (UK)

Manchester - Orlando via Philly, Orlando - Manchester via Charlotte. Outbound flight was ok on airbus A330, but food was terrible. The real fun began on the return flight. Having checked in (self service next to the desk), we discovered that although I had booked 3 seats together, US Airways had decided to seat me away from my wife and young daughter). When I asked the attendant if he could change my seat to where I booked next to my family he replied "oh but yours is a nice seat". I replied "ok, but I want to sit with my family as I had booked, so can you please arrange it" to which he replied "oh but yours is a nice seat". Eventually he said "sorry I cannot do anything you will have to ask them in Charlotte". Eventually the lady at the gate managed to change my seat for me for the 1st flight, but couldn't for the 2nd one and I would have to change it in Charlotte. Luckily the lady at the gate was sympathetic to my request and seated us all together for the Manchester flight. On boarding the flight (a 757 Aircraft) it was a very outdated plane for a transatlantic flight! The TV screens were down the aisles not in the back of the seats, and worse still, the one at the back where we were seated did not work for the entire flight. Again the food was very poor for the main meal, but that was nothing compared to breakfast! This consisted of a single warm small muffin/cake and a cup of coffee or tea. When I asked where the breakfast was they replied "that's it". If I had to rate this airline I would give it a 1 out of 10 at the very most. I will not be using US Airlines again for travelling to the USA anytime soon.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by David Tencer    (Canada)

August 13 2014. YEG to PHX flight booked for 6.20am departure. They do pre-board announcement about 6.00 but then immediately tell everyone to sit down and relax because crew not there yet. Then departure pushed back to 7.00am. No updates given and an hour later departure pushed back to 9.00am. Then 10.00am and now announce they will start trying to move people to other flights because still no idea when crew will arrive. Line up for 1/2 hour only to get to front and be told they are only re-accommodating people with connecting flights and since my final destination is PHX I have to wait because the plane will still be going, which I know by past experience with US Airways is unlikely. Then departure pushed back to 11 and a while later to 12pm when they finally mark it cancelled. So 2 hours in line now to get re-accommodated. By this time all other options for the day are full, best they can do is 2 days later! Rebook on another airline for next day. Never given explanation nor apology, they seem to delay cancellations as long as possible so people find other flights on their own and then don't need to give any compensation because flight not cancelled. Terrible airline, avoid at all costs.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by S Reilly    (Ireland)

We were due to fly Dublin - Charlotte - Orlando on 25th July. When we got to the airport our flight to Charlotte was delayed by 4 hours. Went to US Airways desk to mention we would miss our connection, she was so helpful and got us to Gatwick with Aer Lingus and onto Orlando with British Airways. Returning home on 8th Aug and we had no problems, Orlando to Charlotte on American Airlines and US Airways to Dublin. Having heard all the horrid reviews I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I found US Airways flight attendants so nice and the flight was lovely.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by K Merve    (Ireland)

I flew from New York to Honolulu for my brother-in-law's wedding. My first flight was delayed first because the toilet was clogged, then because the breaks didn't work. The pilot made a nonchalant announcement 45 mins after we were stuck on the plane explaining the situation at last. We were delayed by 1.5 hrs and I missed my second flight from Phoenix to Honolulu. After speaking to many US Airways personnel who could not care less about me I managed to be rerouted through LA - that flight was also delayed by 1 hour due to an unexplained maintenance issue, I was stuck in LA for a night - they did not help me find a hotel even though I practically begged them, let alone pay for it. They didn't know where my luggage was. I took an American flight the next morning to HNL finding that my luggage was lost. It was found later in the day thanks to the AA staff at HNL airport. No US Airways personnel apologized, offered to help or bothered to do their job. On the contrary, they were rude, non-caring and certainly not sympathetic. Overall, a terrible experience.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by K Tarber    (USA)

We just flew back from vacation, connected in Charlotte on our way back to Cincinnati. We get to our gate only to be told there was a gate change from E3 to E 38. Meanwhile we hear several announcements of delays and gate changes due to maintenance. We finally get to the gate and our plane left 40 minutes late - while the flight board displays the flight leaving at the original time. Once we get on the plane, we inched along the runway for another 45 minutes before the pilot finally gave us an update. Meanwhile the flight attendant was welcoming us aboard US Airways Express - express, really. She proceeds to tell us that we must pay for snacks ranging from $3.50 to $7.00 for wine and beer. This is the third bad experience we have had with US Airways in the 3 times we have flown them. I am done!

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by M Domingue    (UK)

Our opinion of US Airways is that their customer service is poor and their organisation falls apart when planes are cancelled. On our flight out, US 722 from Dublin to Philadelphia the attitude of the US Airways Dublin check- in staff was somewhat aloof. The flight attendants were grumpy and did not appear to want to be doing their jobs. Our return flight from Philadelphia to Dublin went well until the captain ineptly described that they had a fault with the GPS and navigation systems, in that they did not agree. However, he described we would be OK as we were still over land and this would aid them to guide the plane back to Philadelphia. After 3 hours we were diverted to Philadelphia where we found that US Airways lacked in all areas of how to deal with this event. On landing the cabin crew simply said proceed to baggage terminal C where you will be accommodated. On arrival in Terminal C no clear instructions were given as to why to do next and there was no US Airways staff present who could organise the skeleton staff to help with everyone finding alternative flights. One staff member wandered around with a business card saying that you could go to the ticket desk or ring a number to make arrangements for other flights. However, not everyone got this card and we had to help some families who were not made aware of this. After 3 hours of telephone calls and waiting in a queue US Airways did find us alternative flights and accommodation, which was positive. However, the staff guiding us in the queues were extremely rude and the US Airways staff member aiding families in the taxi rank to get taxis was completely out of her depth in this job. At one point there were about 30 of us queuing, with a line a taxis waiting and a major argument between taxi drivers and staff. I honestly thought a few of the female passengers were going to break down in tears. Essentially our disappointment is not with the mechanical failure of the plane but in the very poor attitude of the US Airway staff and extremely poor leadership and organisation as soon we were left to our devices once the plane was returned to Philadelphia airport.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by A Dahlberg    (UK)

Tried to fly from Philadelphia to Bangor on 2 August. Waited over two hours for them to fix plane. They even boarded us and we taxied out to take off but they found yet another mechanical fault while we were on the runway. Returned and disembarked. Very rude ground crew. Flight then cancelled. Had to wait in a long line to be put on a new flight. Cabin crew from other flights dame and pushed in at the top of the line making our wait even longer! Could not believe how rude they were. Even though Philadelphia is a hub for them and the flight was fully booked they could not find an alternative aircraft. And lots seemed to be sitting around going nowhere. We took a flight to Boston. Very rude woman at the gate looked at my BA Silver card and yelled - You are not preferred customers! She did not even know who US Airways partner airlines are. We arrived in Boston on a plane with broken toilets. None working in Economy. There is always something broken on a US Airways plane. Our bags were sent to Bagnor. So we had to spend a night sleeping in our clothes and then drive out of our way to Bangor airport to collect them next day. I have never had a flight with this airline where the plane took off on time and everything on board worked. Many flights were cancelled. Even long distance ones from London. I will go out of my to never travel with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by L Fukuda    (USA)

The weather was clear on July 4 2014. In fact, US Air flight next to us was leaving for Los Angeles without any delay. Our flight (#1836) was cancelled due to "crew unavailable" and not due to weather. The "crew unavailable" referred only to the pilot. The flight attendants for this flight were all there ready at the door waiting to board. Before the flight was cancelled, the announcement stated that we were "just waiting for the pilot". US air claimed that this could be due to a domino effect of an inbound flight not arriving on time. I would agree with them that it would be difficult to find a whole flight crews, but in this case, we were only waiting for the pilot. This situation was not due to an unforeseen circumstance, yet they blame the weather for their mismanagement. They should have a stand by pilot for this situation. I consider myself a seasoned traveler and this is not my first time encountering flight delay or cancellation. Other airlines had not only provided me with an overnight stay at a nearby hotel, but also had a bus ready to shuttle all the passenger to the hotel and provided us with an overnight kit. You have a choice, you don't have to put up with US air mismanagement and constant delay.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by J Peterson    (USA)

I flew from Chicago to Philadelphia to Tel Aviv and back the same way. Overall, this was a great experience. Checking in was quick and punctual, even with Israel's necessary added security. Flights left in a timely fashion. Flight attendants were nice enough. On the 12.5 hr flight back from Tel Aviv, we received 2 meals that were surprisingly good, plus they came around with free beverages 3 times, plus made regular trash runs. Inflight entertainment system also allowed you to see your trip progress, though you had to push a little hard to select things. If that's your only complaint, it's a good entertainment system. The Airbus A330-200s were smooth and quiet, as were the A320-200s. My only complaint was the difficulty sleeping/seat comfort, but I'm 6'7" so it was expected. It was the most comfortable flight I've been on. Overall, it was a great experience, and I'd gladly fly with US Airways again as long as the prices remain competitive. In everything that's actually consistent and important, US Airways surpassed expectations.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by D Prager    (USA)

I flew from Las Vegas to Salisbury (Maryland). It was supposed to be a quick weekend trip. All I had was a small carry on and personal bag. They ran out of over head room and I had to check my suitcase in. I figured I would get it back once I reached Philly for my layover. They actually checked it in. Did not bother to tell anyone this. To make matters worse my connecting flight was delayed. Overall flight going was bearable despite the inconveniences. Returning however a whole other story. I arrived at the tiny airport an hour before the security check point was open. After getting through security with the 30 other passengers we waited about 20 minutes extra. We all board in an efficient manner. About 1/2 of us had to check in our small pieces of luggage because the plane was too small for it to be true carry on. So we board and are ready to take off. The pilot arrived, we waited 15 minutes before taking off. I have 64 minutes of a layover. We get near philly and have to circle around then land. After landing we sit on the tarmac for 5 minutes in 2 different spots. I have less than 15 minutes to get to my gate. We deplane and wait for the ground crew to unload the "carry on" luggage. They move with no purpose. Most of the fight has less than 20 minutes to catch their next flight. I get my bag. No fault to the airline, but my connecting flight is out of a different gate and I have to take a shuttle there. This trip takes about 7 minutes. I see my plane at the gate. By the time I got to the gate the plane was pulling away. After all of this the next day my flight took off about 45 minutes behind schedule. I had a horrible experience all around nor did the airline seem to b remorseful for the 12 hour inconvenience.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by G Smith    (UK)

US0785 and US2888. 28th July 2014. Edinburgh to Philadelphia / Philadelphia to Cleveland. What a terrible airline. The staff are ignorant and unfriendly, the aeroplanes are old and dated looking. I used this airline via 4 separate flights within 1 week and I will never do it again! Even the US Airways ground staff were ignorant and unhelpful. I missed my connecting flight due to standing at Customs (Philly) for 2 hrs and the plane was still at the gate when I finally arrived. However, they then told us that the flight was oversold anyway! Then shoved onto standby for the next 2 flights only to be told that they were full and to come back the next morning. The staff were hopeless! I had to pay for my own hotel room and not even so much as a sorry!

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by Pothos George    (Greece)

The plane bound from Athens Greece to Philadelphia Pennsylvania broke down and we waited in the plane for an hour and a half. In Philadelphia I went through customs like clock work. I dropped my baggage off for my connecting flight to Chicago and here is where the problems started. My baggage got on another flight and not with mine. At Chicago I rushed to get the baggage so I could catch the next coach to my final destination of South Bend, IN regional airport, where I was to pick up a rental car. This was not the case. Ground staff of US Airways gave me the run around for two hours plus. Finally consulting with the ground security, I asked kindly if the staff could check their computer and locate my baggage. The ground staff told me my baggage would arrive after 9pm, by which time I would have lost the last coach to Indiana. I told them to forward my baggage to my motel the next day. My baggage came after three days and a long struggle.

US Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by S Chapman    (Mexico)

US Airways 502 and 1836 on July 21st 2014. Having read the reviews on this site, I became quite nervous about flying with US Airways! What were they going to do to me? To my luggage? What lies would they make up? So, happy to say I had a completely non-eventful, perfectly normal flight with pleasant flight attendants, punctual timing, useful information, and all my baggage arriving on time and in good condition. Better legroom than some airlines I've been on. Helpful, friendly people all through. Twice we were served beverages - no food, so that might be my only gripe, but it's a small one really. I think it's important to write a review even when things go well, to counteract all the bad ones on here. Flight from Mexico City to Las Vegas via Phoenix.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Davis    (USA)

BWI to CLT. Gate agents and flight crew provided conflicting information to passengers causing unnecessary confusion on multiple accounts and required zone 5 boarding passengers to gate check carry-on bags containing electronics when ample overhead bin space was indeed available. As a frequent flyer, I have watched as this carrier has gone way downhill since the unfortunate merger with American. I hope to be able to avoid them as much as possible in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Ronilla Ernest    (USA)

IAH to BWI - 7/26/14. I was forced to check-in my small carry-on bag at the gate. I am allowed to carry a personal item and a small carry-on bag and I had packed accordingly. I had my important financial documents and laptop in my carry-on. The agents at the gate were very rude and inflexible and I was forced to take out my laptop and the binder full of financial documents and carry them on the plane and they checked-in my almost empty suitcase! To make matters worse I got on the plane and discovered that the overhead bins all around my seat were empty. I have been flying for a long time and this has never happened with any other airline. I did not appreciate being forced into a situation with no options and being told by the agent at the gate to look for another flight if I did not check-in my bag. The staff need training in customer service. If my ticket states I am allowed to carry a small carry-on bag into the plane and there is room on the plane, then there is no reason to be forced to check my bag. Incidentally, this is the second time I had a bad experience with US Airways. A few years ago another rude gate agent yelled at me for carrying a bag for my husband who was on crutches! The agent insisted that my husband had to carry his own bag even though he is on crutches. Needless to say I will not be flying US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by P Garvey    (USA)

July 4th 2014. Flight cancelled from PHX to FLL, no reason given. We were there 3 hrs early after driving 2.5 hrs. Rescheduled to 1.30am PHX to Charlotte, North Carolina. Plane left 1 hr late, 1 flight steward for 1st class. I am disabled, can't run for connecting flight from Gate A11 to B9, husband flags tram, make flight to Miami with a minute to spare. Bags do not make flight. Get bags in FLL hotel at midnight.

US Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Ciotti    (USA)

My family and I flew from PHL to Rome, Italy. Our 2 year old son has a severe peanut allergy. I called in advance to ask if I could board early to clean his seat, and if they could make an announcement regarding the allergy. I do not expect anyone to change their eating habits, we just wanted to make those immediately around us aware. I was told on the phone it is up to the individual crew the day of our flight. When we boarded the plane, I asked a member of the crew. She said she would check. As I was seated, a flight attendant came up to me and said in a condescending tone, "It is our policy that we do not make any exceptions for those with food allergies. We cannot guarantee anything, and we do not make announcements. We do not serve peanuts, but other people can eat what they want." We just informed the people directly around us and they were more than understanding. The staff were just rude in general. My mother-in-law got up to get something that fell on the floor for my daughter. The flight attendant barked at her to move. She said, "Move, we are coming through with the cart." Where is common courtesy? When they came around with the beverage cart, they merely said, "Drink"? At first we gave the airline the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was only this crew. On our return to PHL, the crew was worse. We didn't ask them to make an announcement, as we knew the response would be the same. We did, however, inform the flight attendant of our son's allergy. During the flight, I came out of the bathroom to notice that a woman was dipping her pretzels in peanut butter. I calmly asked the flight attendant if I could move away because of the peanut butter. She looked at me and said, "What do you want me to do"? I said, "I cannot stand here with him for long." She scoffed and said facetiously to her partner, " We need to move, because this kid has an allergy." I should also note that the company said it does not serve peanuts or peanut products on the plane: however, the pretzels handed to everyone were from "King Nuts." The package clearly stated that it may contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts. Clearly US Airways does not recognize the severity of the allergy.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Sorensen    (USA)

June 21-22 2014, HNL-TPA by way of PHX. First Class. First leg fine, nice crew, comfy seat, decent meal. Second leg - not so much! Almost 4 hour flight, landing in TPA at 6.30 am - breakfast should have been served but all we got was a teeny bag of not very good pretzels. When questioned about this shabby treatment, US customer relations (first time around) said that no meal should have been served. Upon a second communication they said, sorry, yes - breakfast should have been served. Their solution was to offer a small voucher (which expires in a year) toward a future US flight, which is completely useless to me as my travel plans for the coming year are already in place. They feel this represents some kind of value and is acceptable as reparation for the shabby treatment. The seats were uncomfortable, they had a built in pillow which prevents you from putting your head back. It is not removable. So if you book first class on US, make sure you find out what you're paying for - you may not be getting much. They have lost this customer.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Smith    (USA)

I purchased a flight with American Airline to fly from Miami to New Orleans on July 3-7. They changed my flight to US Air, but didn't inform me until one week before flight. I paid for upgrade seats but it was not transferred over. Now what really bother me was my return trip home from New Orleans, well I didn't get back until a day later. Both airlines seemed to simply want to place blame on each other when they should be working together on rescheduling flights when they cancel them. American whom I booked with originally were of absolutely no use to me once they changed me to a US Air flight. Though it took many back and forth trips between the two companies finally a supervisor with US Air, provided me with some assistance in getting me booked on another flight to fly out a day later. It's ridiculous that it would take me 4 hours in the airport to get rescheduled, when I checked in well in advance (4hours) after my flight was canceled. I should not have needed a supervisor to get my flight rescheduled, all agents should be able to do it. I went through 5 agents between AA and US Air, and none were helpful. When airlines join forces to become one company, they should be operating as one not passing the buck and blame between each other.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Jewell    (USA)

Flying out of Shannon, Ireland we arrive at the airport to discover our flight to Philly has been cancelled. The flight was canceled the previous day. "Mechanical issues". At least we get a night in a hotel w/meals. The next day we get out of Ireland to Philly - board for next connection, only to sit on tarmac. Pilot tells us there is bad weather in Charlotte. Once we take off, pilot gets on intercom to ask flight crew to stay seated through the flight due to turbulence. In 1st class, drinks and food being served throughout the flight, no turbulence encountered. This is all suspicious to us as on our flight out of the U.S. we got delayed on the tarmac until the crew timed out, thank goodness Delta helped us get us out! I think the canceled flight from Shannon was actually a case of USAir wanting to fly a fuller plane.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by R Setzer    (USA)

I was taking two US Airways flights on my return trip from a cruise, Miami to Charlotte (their hub) and then Charlotte to Dayton Ohio. I waited in Miami airport all afternoon for my evening flight and it wasn't until it was about boarding time that they updated the flight boards to show the plane was delayed. They started calling people up to try to get them on different flights but by that time it was too late for me to get on another good connecting flight. The gate agent couldn't find any other good connections except for the flight from Charlotte to Dayton that wouldn't leave again until the next morning. The Miami to Charlotte flight ended up being 1.5 hrs late due to mechanical issues. We quickly boarded as just about everyone had a connecting flight that night. Staff onboard were rude and terse with everybody. They could have at least given us some empathy and info on where to go inside their hub to get new connecting flights, but they didn't. Once we finally landed and everybody got up to leave, then they finally announced that all the connecting flights for the evening have already left. I got in line at their customer service desk and heard them repeating the same things like robots: "no vouchers" "due to weather" "we can't help you." Mind you we were told it was mechanical issues in Miami and now they were claiming it was the weather. I was lucky that I managed to get a hotel voucher after the lady next to me pressed the issue, but I don't know if anyone else got one and made my way back to the airport in the morning. This whole ordeal taught me to never fly US Airways again and always pack enough stuff in your carry on to last a night in an airport if it ever gets delayed.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Thompson    (USA)

Extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication with US airways. Got to Charlotte for my flight to Nashville and the plane was delayed 30 minutes because we didn't have a pilot who could get here on time. The flight was delayed another 2 hours as the pilot, who supposedly was supposed to be flying us the entire time was just now leaving Chicago to come and get us. Then the flight attendants left. We had no crew and pretty sure there was no pilot for this flight to begin with. Will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Paul Scharr    (USA)

BOS to ONT with a tight Connection in PHX. Due to weather, sat on the tarmac in Boston for an hour, jeopardizing PHX connection. Flight crew announced that they know many passengers have connections in PHX, so upon arrival, please let these passengers out first. I ask the flight attendant if they have any specific info on the connector flights (no access to any information). We arrive at the gate, the people get ready to run. Then they announce, don't bother - all flights have left - go directly to the customer service area for instructions. I deplane, check the board, and see that my flight has also been delayed. I run and get to the gate just in time. I had upgraded to first class, but they told me I lost my seat. They give me my new coach seat and I board. I was pleasantly surprised that my bag did make it on my plane.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Debra Miller    (USA)

I have never flown US Airways before and I never will again! Their customer service is well, there is no customer service! We arrived to the airport after confirming that our flight was on time, only to find that our flight was delayed 2 hours to Phoenix. It was supposed to be the first leg of our Anniversary trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We finally got on the plane and of course our next flight out of Phoenix left without us. There were no planes to Puerto Vallarta that day. The agent gave us a number to call to get a hotel either for free or for a discount, and neither were true. We spent the night in Phoenix when we should have been in Mexico. We upgraded to first class to make up for the disaster and made it to PV just fine. We thought that the return trip couldn't be bad but we pulled away from the terminal and sat on the runway for 30 minutes, had to go back to the terminal and wait an additional 1.5 hrs on the plane before take off! The delay was blamed on communication / paperwork issues with the PV airport. No extra drinks. Meanwhile we had a connecting flight out of Phoenix and visions of the same thing happening all over again played in our heads. Luckily our connecting flight was delayed so as we reassess through immigration to, customs to picking up our bags and running to the gate, we made it home.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Angela Smith    (USA)

I took USAir to Hawaii from St Louis and it was horrible. The planes are so small and I was so cramped. They didn't offer anything to eat on a 6 hour flight and when they did offer something to drink it was one time because they ran out of drinks. The staff was not any better, they seemed to hate their jobs. Then the movie was the same going there and back and I could only see half the screen because the roof was in the way. The headphones didn't work well.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Lotze    (USA)

No entertainment on a 6 hour flight, staff at PHL airport are rude and knowledgeable. The airplane looked like it was built in 1950, and the crew were so unhelpful and rude. we paid over $680pp for RT tickets to PHL from LAX. They told me they had no more food, then I watched them serve food to a woman who asked 30 minutes later.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

PHL-FLL in First, booked with British Airways Avios miles. I had very low expectations for this flight, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a friendly crew, clean business class sized seats, and priority treatment for my luggage upon our on-time arrival to FLL. Although no meal was offered, FA's came around multiple times offering snacks, and followed up with me throughout the flight on alcoholic drink refills. I'm not sure if this service is worth paying full price for, as it does not come with lounge access, and you have to pay for use of in-flight wifi, which I think is inappropriate for a first-class experience. That being said, the seats are much better that BA's Club Europe product, where you are provided with the same seats as in economy but with the middle seat blocked off.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Christopher R Turgeon    (USA)

US Airways are inefficient and uncooperative. I left New Orleans at 9 am to insure that I would be in NYC in time for a Broadway show tonight. They canceled my connecting flight within thirty minutes of departure, and they did not get me on a flight in time. They were not helpful in any way and their terminal was filthy.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

FLL-PHL in economy. I flew down to FLL in first and had low expectations for economy, but was once again pleasantly surprised. FA's well groomed and very polite, clean cabin and restrooms throughout the flight, and an on-time arrival despite numerous thunderstorms in our way. I hope this is the norm and not the exception, and I hope that the merger with AA does not change things for the worse. All that being said, it would have been nice to have some in-flight entertainment - none is provided on US Airways domestic.

US Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Aaron Agmata    (USA)

6/24/14 on a round trip from Honolulu to Denver. I arrived at HNL airport before the recommended 2 hour time prior to take off. Upon my arrival I noticed that the plane was already at the gate. They loaded the first group of passengers and then the gate personnel said that there was a problem with the air conditioning so everyone had to deplane. This plane was at the gate for over 2 hours and no one noticed that the AC was out? We finally take off 1.5 hrs late. We arrived at Phoenix and I had to run to my next connection gate. I barely made my connection flight to Denver, but my carry-on which I was told to check at the gate because there was no room on the plane did not make it. My return trip back to Honolulu was even worse. Again I got to the airport 2 hours prior to boarding. A plane was at the gate but the gate agent told me that it wasn't my flight. The gate agent assured me that this would be the gate for boarding. Half hour prior to boarding the gate agent tells everyone that we need to switch gates then we had to wait another half hour for another plane to taxi out of the gate. When my flight finally arrived at the gate it was discovered that one of the rear emergency masks was faulty. Again we have to wait. We are finally allowed to board on the plane a half hour after the scheduled boarding time to wait another two hours to take off. First the pilot says they have to refuel then we couldn't take off because of weather. This caused me to miss my connection flight to Honolulu from Phoenix. While I was waiting to take off I get an email from US Airways that due to the delay and me missing my connection flight I was being moved to another flight connecting from PHX to LAX and then to HNL but the flight wasn't until the next day and no mention of them paying for a place for me to stay. My wife was able to convince an agent to put me on an American Air flight that would get me back to Hawaii on that day. I will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Jodrey Heather    (Canada)

My experience has been terrible and is yet to be over. My flight was cancelled due to weather which is not unreasonable. They (US Air customer service) set me up for a stand by flight the next day - I go to gate and even though I have a boarding pass, they have no record of me so I am up to the bottom of the list and I did not get a seat - even though in discussing things with the other 3 stand by passengers, I was in fact on stand by first. All three of them got a seat. Then they book me the next day to go to NY and take a Delta Connector. This time customer service does it wrong and I have no reservation on Delta and am now sitting in NY with no place to go. I am now 2 nights and 3 days into my delay. So they send me back to Philly from NY to get on an 8.40 flight that is oversold tonight. Who knows what will happen at 8.40!

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by L Connelly    (USA)

July 2 flight from Philadelphia to Detroit cancelled after it was boarded. We noticed it was half full. At first no reason given by the crew. Upon talking to the ticket agent the reason given was because of storms in the area. Funny thing my daughters flight same day same time to Washington DC heading straight into the east coast hurricane got off. We were only given a voucher for reduced hotel rate and told it was an "act of God". Will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Reid John    (USA)

I've been flying for more than 24 years in and outside the United States. I have never flown US Airways before but did it because it's the only available flight for a last minute flight. My flight was 20 minute delayed from Portland, our plane landed in Phoenix and had 20 mins to spare to get on my next flight to Milwaukee, however I missed my connecting flight. The man next to me said he was there 15 minutes early and the door was already shut. US Airways knows when their plane touch down and no way they should shut the doors unless they oversold their tickets on a regular basis. I felt so bad for the staff that they have to go through all this chaos of passengers missing their connecting flights. This is absolutely the worst airline I've ever flown. They knew that they overbooked, why would you close the door when you still have 15 minutes before the flight takes off. I feel bad for others who likes to fly cheap and they think they are getting a great deal.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Tony Halsall    (UK)

Something has happened to US Airways in the last couple of months that has affected the moral and attitude of staff. I make a three leg trip Manchester - Ohio - Florida - Manchester four times a year and have done for the last two or three years without issue until this last flight. 1) Baggage issues with the intermediate leg. US Airways computers do not register that the intermediate leg is part of a international journey and so flag up a checked baggage fee. Normally, someone is on hand to over-rule the glitch and apply the correct code but this relies on the staff wanting to be helpful. I was treated outrageously by the so called supervisor in Cleveland last week and rather than argue the point any further i just paid and walked away so as not to cause delays to waiting passengers behind me. 2) The latest return leg to Manchester was the worst display of cabin crew attitude that I have ever experienced. Lying about a row of empty seats and saying they were empty for weight and balance issues when in fact they were subsequently used for the cabin crew to sleep on. Also to be refused a top up of wine with the meal (they were slow delivering the meal) but offering to sell me a $7 bottle instead was just pathetic. It was my intention to spend $200 or so on duty free gifts as I normally do but on this occasion - I decided not to.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by D Stockamp    (USA)

My experience, and that of numerous other passengers that I spoke with, is that US Airways has an unacceptable rate of delays, missed connecting flights and cancellations that is caused primarily by their failure to schedule appropriately. We had not mechanical issues or weather delays, but our airplane left 25-30 minutes late from a small airport in Bangor Maine (i.e. not a lot of airport traffic either). I arrived at my connecting flight in Philadelphia to watch the doors close and the plane depart, but absolutely no effort was made to have the plane wait an extra 5-10 minutes for the passengers that had just landed. In fact, there wasn't even a US Airways representative at the gate to speak with. In addition, if you miss a flight and have to stay overnight, you should not expect any assistance from US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Fogler    (USA)

My first flight was late. I ran across the airport to make my connection. They are supposed to close the gate ten minutes before and I made it with four minutes to spare. They had closed the door early and wouldn't let me through. There is nothing more frustrating than to watch people boarding the plane you are supposed to be on. The attendants were rude and no one wanted to help. There was a disabled lady who had also missed because she needed transportation help and they got her there late. No one would help her either which I thought was just wrong. The attendants couldn't have cared less. They wouldn't even acknowledge we were there. The other lady was stranded and couldn't even get anyone to call someone to come get her. I don't know, maybe I was supposed to get mad and ugly, but that has never been me and it shouldn't be necessary to get someone to show you courtesy.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Mike Kell    (USA)

Flight after flight, last night (26 June 14) late in the evening was being cancelled at Philadelphia, all for "mechanical reasons." Are they having labor problems? US Airways counter staff unhelpful in getting me to RDU for important presentation Friday morning, said there was no excess capacity and it could be up to a day before I got home. American Airlines Platinum desk was able to get me on an eatlier flight that had been delayed for so long for "mechanical reasons" that it was still in Philly. I got on and after another hour, finally left. So my delay was cured by someone else's.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Neil Trachtenberg    (USA)

A most uncomfortable experience. Flew from Maui to Sky Harbor, Phoenix. The crew cabin crew were inattentive and disinterested. For a five and a half hour flight thru the night they had one beverage run. Did not return after some 4 hours to offer even water. We traveled with two 13 year old granddaughters who were in a different part of the cabin. My wife attempted to alert a flight attendant that they were alone and to let us know if the needed anything and was bruskly brushed off. There was no announcement about the impending landing until the last moment. There was overall a very uncaring attitude which make me feel like a worthless commodity. I am an experienced traveler but this stands out as the worst flight I have experienced.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Anne Burns    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Philadelphia - only direct flights there are. I think another time I'll go via Heathrow and travel BA, where at least there will be some service. Cabin crew were slovenly and disinterested and spent most of the flight telling each other how tired they were and one chewed gum the entire journey. Food was disgusting and the entertainment consoles are a joke, totally unresponsive and you nearly break a finger prodding at the screen to try and get it to do something. Dreadful.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Andrew Vine    (UK)

Flight 734 from Philadelphia to Manchester UK cancelled 40 mins before take-off due to "maintenance". Staff unhelpful, one leaving customers to go home. Next days flights started with a two hour delay due to air-con problems. Inflight cabin crew surly and nearly threw food at us. No interaction with passengers. Cheap but not cheerful. Its the last time we will use US Airways. I'd rather pay a bit more to get a reliable and customer friendly service. In summary an awful experience.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by T Emery    (USA)

After an 8 hour flight from Dublin, we arrived in Charlotte just after noon, we had an 8 hour layover in Charlotte until our final flight to Virginia, I realized that then that there were seats available for an earlier flight to VA at 2.30, so I went to the customer service desk, where no one was in line, there were 3 US airways staff at the desk. The first of the 3 looked put off because I apparently interrupted her conversation with her co-workers. I asked her if I could the 2.30 flight and she informed me she could for a 75 dollar per person seat reservation. I gave in and paid, and gave her our baggage tickets, I asked her will our bags be there with us when we land? She said that by paying the 150$ our bags were guaranteed to be there when we land. We landed. No bags. So I went to the US Airways desk in Newport News, where there were five other customers who had issues with bags, we waited for over an hour while the front desk phone rang and rang and rang, until finally someone came out. Only to be told that she didn't have the key to look in the lost baggage area, she said she'd be right back, (never came back). Finally someone came to help, my bags never left Charlotte. I'll never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by B Murray    (USA)

I had read horrible reviews about U.S Airways while planning my trip, so I specifically went to American Airlines website, paid $100 more for my tickets, and booked my flight through American Airlines. I received all my email confirmations from American Airlines. When I arrived at the airport, I went to American Airlines check in, they tell me they don't have that flight. In very small print at the bottom of my confirmation it said U.S. Airways. I went over to the U.S. Airways check in counter to check my bag. I was flying with a firearm so they have to inspect it. My flight was set to leave at 7.45 am. While sitting at the gate waiting, you could see they were working on our plane. Then came time to board and they told us it would be just a little while longer. They finally started boarding us at 8.00 am. At 9.00 we were still sitting on the runway waiting on mechanics, at 9.30 they deboarded us from the plane and said it would be about 10.30 am before we departed. Sat at the gate area and at 11.30 they cancelled our flight. They gave everyone a card with a phone number to call to get on another flight. I called and got on an 8.45 pm flight that night. I sat at the airport for 16.5 hours waiting for the next flight to leave, at 5.30 I got a phone call from U.S Airways saying the flight would be delayed until 9.30 pm. When I got to the gate it was pushed back to 9.50 pm. Finally after much hesitation, I had to call and take myself off the flight and find my luggage. When I looked up that flight later, it did not actually leave until 10.45 pm. When I went to go claim my luggage, after about 30 minutes of not being able to locate it, they discovered it was in Phoenix. It apparently made it on an earlier flight that it was not tagged for. I finally got it back at 8.30 pm the following evening.

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by K Michaels    (USA)

Some friends and I booked flights from Nashville to St. Thomas. From there, we were to take a cab to a ferry to Marina Cay. Lo and behold, our flight was delayed due to maintenance. This caused us to miss the last ferry out, resulting in a hotel stay in St. Thomas. As if that were not bad enough. one week later, on our way back to the US, we arrived at the St. Thomas airport three hours early for our flight. None of the kiosks worked to check in, and there wasn't a single employee working. Luckily we had so much time. The passengers flying out on an earlier flight, had experienced much worse panic when they were unable to check in to their flight that was leaving in less than an hour. Once all eight employees arrived at the same exact time, we waited in a ridiculous long line of frustrated people. Happy to finally get to our gate, we learned that our flight was delayed due to maintenance, again!

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Lewis    (USA)

Airplane itself seemed newer than the planes I have been on in the past (I usually fly Delta). But after a 10 hour flight from Rome to Charlotte, we arrive to find out flight to Tallahassee was cancelled. The customer service person was polite, but kept getting distracted as she rebooked us on a Delta flight to get us home 4 hours later than originally planned. Our luggage made it the next day. I started researching and find out that cancelled flights are a frequent problem on US Airways. Don't fly them if you want to get where you are going on time!

US Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Douglas Janes    (Canada)

US Airways now stoops to lying. Boarding my flight today, I had to sit through the usual nonsense announcements that the flight is fully booked and overhead luggage storage is limited, so customers should come up to the podium to check their bags. In the past, I have ignored these pleas, and I have not had a problem. I never check my baggage if I can help it, because the best case is that you waste 30 to 45 minutes at your destination, waiting for your bags to come down the carrousel. Worst case, the airline loses your baggage or locks it up and leaves for the day, because you make the mistake of going to the washroom before going to the carrousel. Today, US Airways didn't achieve their quota of checked baggage, so they decided to step it up a notch and report that one passenger has already come to the front of the airplane to check his baggage, because the overhead storage is completely full, so I dutifully went to the podium to check my bag. What do I find when I board the plane? Lots of available overhead storage. I am completely incensed at this behaviour and will not fly US Airways again if I can help it.