US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by D Rogan    (Ireland)

DUB-PHL-LAX-PHL-DUB. First experience with US and overall it was good. Good value for money, pleasant and engaged cabin crew and the special meal pre ordered on the transatlantic legs of the trip was quite good by today's airline standards. A nice touch on the outbound trip was a mid flight ice cream snack and the complementary wine with meals was also appreciated. Good selection on the Transatlantic IFE but surprisingly no IFE on the U.S. Domestic A321s. Quite a limited inflight menu on domestic flights, not much healthy food on offer and by the time cabin crew reached us, they were sold out of most food items. Return flight from LAX to PHL was diverted to Richmond due to ATC restrictions in PHL, thankfully the DUB flight was held, so when we eventually got to PHL, we were able to make the connection which departed 1 hour 20 mins late. In spite of this arrival in DUB was 45 mins behind schedule.

US Airways Customer review :  11 May 2015 by J Spinelli    (USA)

My wife and I decided to travel to Anguilla for our honeymoon and booked our flight through US Airways. Being that it was our honeymoon, I decided to call US Airways and find out the cost associated with upgrading our seats. However, upon my conversation with the attendant, was promptly made aware that the actual flights we were on had changed and our plane was now scheduled to depart and arrive at completely different times. Not only did they replan my arrival and departure times for me, but they took it upon themselves to change my seats and not even assign me to two on my return flight. I am not going to say my honeymoon was ruined, however when a merge causes a company to become so big they begin rearranging your plans, it begins to make sense why they shouldn't happen. On a side note, if we switched the situation and decided to change our flight instead, we would be paying a $200 change fee, and the difference in ticket price each. Not once were we offered an upgrade for the inconvenience or a partial refund for the change of flights which appear to be less expensive. I was previously a supporter of US Air, however after learning that they can take it upon themselves to rearrange my honeymoon plans you can bet I am flying another airline for business moving forward.

US Airways Customer review :  11 May 2015 by J Clark    (USA)

PHX-PHL-BRU (RT) - Truly decrepit old 757s for the PHL to BRU segments combined with downright terrible inflight service made this one of the worst inflight experiences in my recent memory. Anyone who is buying a business class ticket and 'chooses' US Airways needs their head examined. For those of you who focus on One World, British Airways with a LHR connection is a much better choice. That's what I'll be doing from now on.

US Airways Customer review :  7 May 2015 by E J Waldron    (USA)

My husband and I were on a leisure trip from Atlanta to Phoenix. Our flight from Atlanta was delayed 3 hours, due to "Mechanical Issues". Fortunately, we flew direct and did not have a connecting flight, but there were many on our flight who did. When we arrive in Phoenix, there was a delay getting the cabin doors open so we could disembark. I don't know what that was all about. No explanation from crew. On our return flight from Phoenix to Atlanta, again a 1.5 hour delay, due to "Mechanical Issues". We will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  5 May 2015 by L Smith    (USA)

Returning from Cabo San Lucas, our flight was delayed by almost an hour. Not usually a problem, but we had to catch a connecting flight in Phoenix to Denver. After rushing through the airport we found that we had missed the connecting flight! Ok, no worries, we were scheduled on another flight to Denver, 3 hours later. After waiting for almost 3 hours, that flight was cancelled. No explanations, just cancelled. The customer (dis)service person at the US Airways counter was rude, arrogant and even threatened us with calling the police if we didn't leave the counter. We called his bluff and he put down the phone and printed us two boarding passes for yet another flight, another 3 hours later. This flight was overbooked and we were not even guaranteed a seat. By this time I got on my iPad and booked a (surprisingly) cheap flight on another airline, no fuss and we were on our way to Denver within the hour. It was just a nightmare day from start to finish, but by some wild chance of a miracle, we did find our luggage when we landed in Denver. Apparently the baggage handlers do know how to do their jobs. US Airways is unreliable and their people are unprofessional, incompetent and downright rude. We will never fly this airline again!

US Airways Customer review :  2 May 2015 by D Brown    (USA)

Flight 747, Seattle - Charlotte - Orlando, April 27th. Very disappointing trip. Mechanical problems, delays, lack of communication, no entertainment (except the other passengers). Poor and expensive food choices. Uncomfortable, cramped seats. Unprofessional flight attendants. In a country where air travel has become a national embarrassment, this airline is certainly doing their best to reinforce that.

US Airways Customer review :  2 May 2015 by T Rich    (USA)

I traveled from Hartford Connecticut to Washington DC for a 3 hour meeting. I've been in the airport waiting for my return flight for more time than it took me to fly to DC and conduct my business. I endured a perpetual game of delay and cancellation. It was a horrible night after a long and arduous day that began at 4 am in the morning. I just boarded the plane and have to go to work tomorrow morning. The service could not be worse. I will never fly US Airways ever again to Washington DC from Hartford Connecticut. I would've been better off hiring the car service. It may be more expensive but it certainly would not have been more time-consuming and it would've been much more reliable.

US Airways Customer review :  28 April 2015 by D Bergstrom    (USA)

Route from AUS to PHL to CHO, returning on AA. Check-in with 2 checked bags went smoothly. I'm AAdvantage Plat. so speed security lines and early boarding. E-190 seats in economy are wide and pretty comfortable for a 3 hour flight. No inflight Entertainment, but WIFI is available. New commuter terminal at PHL is pretty good, also with a new Admirals Club and large food court. Express Dash 8 flight pretty standard, almost on time, but noisy and bumpy for the 1 hour flight to CHO. Returned on AA was cancelled with about 3 hours notice, rebooked on US at 5am the next day. Went to Airport anyway and received a hotel voucher and spent another night. Early flight from CHO meant no airport shuttle so took acb. CRJ-200 to CLT, PSA CRJ seats are pretty decent, much better than Mesa, not service what so ever even though almost 50 minutes in the air. Connected to a CRJ-900 for the 3 hour flight to AUS. Have taken this in the past with trepidation. CRJ's just aren't that comfortable, with no inflight entertainment and no Wifi. 2 Beverage runs and we were almost on time. Us Airways Express really needs to pad their times some more. All express flight seem to take longer in the air than are scheduled gate to gate. Overall they did the job, but still prefer AA.

US Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by George Phiver    (USA)

Four flights from Phoenix to Philadelphia in April. Nice weather up and down the eastern coast. Flight from Phoenix to Charlotte taxied on the runway for 30 minutes and left 25 minutes late. Two of these flights had another crew on them flying home and they didn't have very nice things to say about their employer. Arrived in Charlotte as my next flight was just arriving "late". The passengers disembarked, the flight cleaned and we boarded 30 minutes later and left the ground 20 minutes after that. Very little information about what was going on from the crew. Departing Philadelphia the flight boarded on-time but my original seat from what I reserved online was changed at check in and I was moved to the last seats and by a window and next to the engine. It was so loud I couldn't hear my music and had to fly with earplugs in my ears. After the captain figured out that he was on the wrong runway he told us and said there was going to be a delay of 15-20 minutes. When we finally landed at Dallas my flight was supposed to be boarding but after running to the gate the flight had been delayed due to weather and other flights. I had just come from the east coast and checked the weather and I didn't see anything that could have delayed a flight. I don't fly very much but this trip was ridiculous. No matter what the price is I wont ever fly American or US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by L Cordray    (USA)

Flew in from Pittsburgh to Charlotte on April 15. Flight was late getting in and by the time we got off of the plane and made it to our departure gate we had 14 minutes to spare. They shut the door in our faces when we tried to get on and no one would speak to us. We had two others traveling for corporate with us and they said that our seats were given away. We had to rent a car to get to Charlotte for our corporate meetings that night that cost us $300.00. Manager and customer service very rude. Never again.

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by M Smith    (UK)

Flew from Washington to Boston on Economy. Arrived at the airport at 5pm for check in for 6.30pm flight. After several gate changes following a series of confusing announcements in an extremely overcrowded terminal, the creeping delays started, half an hour at the time. After an hour we were informed plane had landed but due to congestion there were no stands available. Finally boarding was announced at around 8.30pm, after which it started to rain. We were then informed there would be a further delay due to the rain. We sat on the plane for an hour, then taxied to the runway and waited another hour, only to be informed that the flight would now be cancelled due to the weather. It was now after 10pm. On disembarking I was fortunate to be near the front so could be attended to quickly at the customer services desk for re-booking, but I later realized others were stuck in a queue for hours late into the night. I was told flatly that all flights were full and overbooked until 10pm the next day. I was told rudely to 'take the 10pm flight or leave it', and as it was due to the weather it was not their responsibility to offer anything else (in fact the weather was just one of the contributing factors for the cancellation - the plane had already been late). I had to push and push to be offered alternative options (e.g. flights to a different airport or with layover etc). Eventually they found a flight via Philadelphia the next morning. I asked for more details, and then agreed to be put on the flight, only to be told I had taken too long to make a decision and now that flight was also full! I overheard other passengers being rebooked for other morning flights in adjoining desks so I have no idea what was going on. After much persuasion a seat miraculously became available at 11am the next day. Bizarre. I understand that delays and cancellations are not the fault of the customer service desk but they should at least be courteous, understanding and helpful to passengers at a stressful time - not dismissive.

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by L Jarman    (USA)

Flew from PHL to Cancun, straight through trip. We were offered one drink for the 3 hours and 45 minute trip. The seats were very cramped and I had a seat directly in front of a bathroom - lucky me with the smells and all coming from the very overused and unclean restroom. We hit "turbulence" and the pilot had the attendants in economy sit down. But I guess the attendant in first class was "safe" because she continued to serve those in first class. There were no TV's, movies, and the trip was long and hot at times. I would give them a no star rating. I will not fly US Airways again, and from the looks of the other reviews, I am not alone in this decision!

US Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Dela Cruz Arnel    (USA)

We booked for a flight to Seattle Washington last April 5, 2015. After boarding, crew told us that there will be a delay because the plane has some mechanical problems. We waited for almost 2 hours before they decided to deplane us. They told us to rebook our flight, we got a flight thru Alaska Airlines at 3.40pm (originally our flight is 6.15am). We spent more or less an hour in the line for all passengers have to rebook their flight. They didn't give us anything for our inconvenience or for messing up our schedule.

US Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Sheri Hatt    (Canada)

Portland to Philadelphia, Feb 22 2015, flight #4437 then #799 to Orlando. Returned March 6th, flight #1757, Orlando to Philadelphia then #4437 to Portland. A terrible experience. When booking flights it asks if you are travelling with children which I was yet not one of the three adults that were travelling were able to sit with the child. When we land in Philadelphia we go directly to the gate so that there will be no worries of us missing our flight. The time comes when we should be starting to load the plane and my husband goes and asks when will be boarding and they inform him the gate has changed, which they had not announced. Us along with most of the people sitting around us run to the new gate. When we arrive they there is a delay because they have to bring in a new plane, once the new plane arrives they have to clean it, after an hour they tell us there are problems with the plane. We wait again and they announce the pilot has run out of time and they need to bring in another. Our 6 pm flight ends up leaving at 11.30 pm. When they do start to board the plane the lady starts yelling at everyone to hurry up, like we were the reason for the plane being so late. The return flight comes around and I am thinking surely this time things will be better - wrong. We look at our tickets to see if by any chance we will have someone to sit with my son on any of the flights, No. Then I notice that on one of the flights I do not have a seat number. I go to the counter and ask what does this mean and I am told I have to check at that airport when I arrive. I ask does this mean I will not be on the flights? Oh no you will be. I get to that airport and am told the flight is full I will have to wait for another flight. I said no I am travelling with three other people, my husband, child and elderly mother - I then wait for hours in another airport. In the end I did get on the plane. Will not fly US Airways again if I can help it.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Robert C Miller    (USA)

I had a 4pm flight scheduled from Boston Phoenix last Thursday that never took off until 8 because they couldn't close the passenger door. We wasted money waiting around for our delayed flight and the only compensation we had was one free alcoholic drink on the way over. Then on our return flight, they couldn't find my fathers information and would not let him on the flight. He had to pay an additional 500 dollars to board and now has to wait to be reimbursed. Mark my words, I will never fly this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by B Lakin    (UK)

Reasonable experience on recent flight from Philiadelphia to Miami. OneWorld Emerald member so used the lounge which was actually quite good. Flights on time, aircraft clean and crew attentive - inflight meal ok. Cannot believe that US airways does not have inflight entertainment, come on, it's prehistoric! My other slight annoyance was that when I enquired if I could catch an earlier flight (checked in very early) I was told that would be $75 - my flight was full but the earlier one was less full...just appears to be cheap especially as my luggage caught the earlier flight (and I thought airlines tried to avoid unaccompanied luggage!).

US Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by H Levon    (Canada)

Flight 503, March 29 2015. Traveling from FLL-PHX-Calgary. Flight attendants hid from view most of the trip(s) and tried to change seats online and was asked for a $78 fee. Nuts. Same seat area just a different and vacant position. Could not even sit with my spouse. Will never fly with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by L Broker    (USA)

No food for my children on flight from LA to Philly. Ran out before they got to us, could have at least served the young kids first if they're not going carry enough for everyone.I'll drive to Newark or Baltimore before I fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 March 2015 by W Simon    (USA)

I had 3 flights yesterday. 2 went down for mechanical issues causing the other to become over booked. I drive all the way back to Austin TX from San Antonio to catch the first flight and that's delayed. I told them to put me on the flight that's boarding now and I'm on a plane that's not moving cause of guess what, mechanical issues! So much for me making my brothers wedding. Never again.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2015 by D Mike    (USA)

Never again. My wife and I bought seats together for our round trip from Baltimore to Phoenix. Our seats were not honored both ways. Staff were not helpful. On the return trip the gate attendant was eating a sandwich while helping customers. Every single US Airways flight at the terminal was oversold. If it wasn't for volunteers, we would have had to wait 8 hours for the next flight home. The plane was dirty and dusty. They don't even provide any free snacks. You had to pay $4 for a tiny bag of peanuts. Bottom line is if you want to sit with strangers, possibly not make your flight, overpay for snacks, and sit on a dirty plane, this is the airline for you.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2015 by Tom Cincinnatus    (USA)

It seems that US Airways doesn't realize that "flight" is not the entire customer experience. The experience begins well before the flight and ends well after the flight. We flew to SFO from PHX this week. We were issued boarding passes and noticed we were in Zone 5. Well, since the seats are reserved that didn't seem to be a problem, until during boarding a gate agent came to my wife and told her that they were checking her bag "because there wasn't any bin space left" and we could go to the carousel at SFO to pick it up. My wife's bag is not large but it does have rollers and it seemed they were "confiscating" every bag in Zone 5 with rollers. We boarded the aircraft and discovered there was loads of bin space. I approached the First Class Cabin attendant and said I'd like to retrieve my wife's bag, he said "no, it's already gone." I asked why they were telling passengers there wasn't any bin space when there clearly was plenty of space. He offered a "well, they don't actually check, it's just that at about this time in boarding there isn't much space left." On arrival in SFO we thought, well at least as the last bag loaded it'll be the first one off the carousel, again we were mistaken. At least 50 bags came off before our bag and not a quick 50 bags. We discovered on our return flight (we returned from San Jose Airport) the same protocol was used by the gate attendant. Our bag was the last carry on allowed, all the others were collected and checked. We realized at that point, since there was plenty of bin space again, that this is a "convenience" move by US Air, their convenience, they don't risk a late "push back" if people are seated faster. Of course "their convenience" translates into "our inconvenience." Why not board 5 minutes earlier? The plane was there, all arriving passengers had been off for at least 30 minutes prior to our boarding. Moral of the story - my wife said "I don't care how much more it is to fly Southwest, we're never flying US Airways again."

US Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by T Porfirio    (USA)

I am extremely dissatisfied in US Airways customer service. Our flight to CLT from BOS was delayed due to not having a flight crew and CLT was not allowing any flights to land so we were assured that our connecting flight to MBJ would be made. When we finally got to CLT, the flight attendant informed us that the flights were "on time" meaning their original time as we were in the air heading to CLT, so we were not able to make our connecting flight. He was not able to give us any information (which is ridiculous) and we were promised that there would be US Airways staff at the gate. Of course, this was a lie, we had to wait in a 3 hour line, told there were no other flights to our all inclusive resort, told to get a hotel that the airline did not pay for, we were in line for standby only once we got to the airport at 6 am. The kiosk assistant tried to split the 3 female travelers up heading to a foreign country after we had each paid 870$ to fly together and then found there were 3 seats on the next flight, which demonstrates her incompetence. Our luggage was not available to us.

US Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by J Cimpl    (USA)

Traveled from Omaha to Honolulu with 4 connecting flights total. We had a large family with 7 children. On each and every flight, children were put in different rows from parents. We were able to switch with other passengers, but with little help from staff. One of my daughters was traveling with an eight year old and a three year old. The children were placed in different rows and seats on a 7 hour flight and told there was "nothing they could do." Another daughter of mine had an infant and was twice placed in an exit row being told A) They cannot sit there B) You will have to find someone to switch with. (No fault of their own when they assigned the seats). My daughter was also told on our third flight that they could not gate check the baby's stroller. For what reason? No idea. We travel often and understand there are occasional mishaps. Unfortunately, this pattern was consistent throughout our trip. We are hoping not to have to travel US or American again.

US Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by C Nott    (UK)

Took a flight with US Airways from JFK to Asheville with a change of plane in Charlotte. Our flight left JFK one hour late the Captain said he was waiting for paper work to be signed. We therefore missed our flight to Asheville, the US Airways staff at Charlotte were very rude and could not care less. I had to beg to use a phone to call my cousin who was picking us up in Asheville to let her know what had happened. The agents at Charlotte said there were no seats left on any flights leaving for Asheville that day or the next, I asked what should I do, they said not our problem and shrugged their shoulders. I went to the desk and asked for a refund for the Charlotte to Asheville part of the trip and they cancelled my return flight as well.

US Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by B Frankeny    (USA)

We recently travelled via US Airways to St. Lucia, Virgin Islands. Our return flight home was routed through Charlotte, N.C. Here we were scheduled for a 3 hour layover, plenty of time to get through Customs and Immigration and re-check our baggage for our final destination. However, the plane was one hour late in boarding in St. Lucia. Upon our arrival in Charlotte, we were told there was no gate open for parking at the airport, so we waited on the tarmac for a half hour or so. Then we were told there was no ground crew, further delaying our de-planing. Once at the gate, we were told that Customs was backed up and we were made to wait for another half hour on the plane. At this point we had 1 hour left to get through Customs and Immigration, re-check our baggage and run to our gate, actually only 45 minutes, as the plane cannot be boarded for the last 15 minutes before take- off. My husband had TSA pre-check on his ticket, however I did not. I had to go through a very long security line. My husband went to the gate to notify our plane that I was on my way - hurrying. Just as I finally ran to the gate (just at the 15 minute before flight mark), the flight attendants closed the door to the gate and would not allow me to board. I begged, as there was still 15 minutes until take off, they would not budge. We went to the ticket counter and were told that it was the last flight out and that there were no flights available the next day. So, with no way to get home, we rented a car, drove all night and arrived back home 8 hours later, without our baggage. We were met with rudeness, and a complete lack of sympathy from customer service when dealing with the airline. By the way, our flight from St. Lucia was to have meals available for purchase, however by the time the attendants reach our seat in the 19th row, there was no food left. We had not eaten all day.

US Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by D Willows    (USA)

Seattle to Phoenix round trip. I was nervous about flying with US/American Airways after checking on this site, there were so many poor reviews. When I got on the flights, which weren't late or delayed by mechanical problems, it was just like most other US domestic airlines I've flown on. The planes might have been a little old, but they looked to be in about the same condition as a lot of other commercial carriers. Seats didn't seem to be any less comfortable, leg room was average. Probably the biggest downside was that there was no inflight entertainment, but they were only 2.5 hour flights, so reading a book or playing a game was fine. The crews were nice, not overly friendly, and the pilots gave a few updates during the flight (both ways), which I always appreciate. I did notice that they didn't mention which baggage claim to go to at the end of either flight, which would not be convenient for people that don't just do carry-ons. I'd say overall it's pretty comparable to most other airlines.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Brandt Kertz    (USA)

My experience was horrible. My flight coming home to PHL was canceled due to not enough crew members (as the email says). So then they tell me to do stand by for a few flights in Denver which I do. I was at the airport at 7am on a Sunday. All of the stand by fell through so they booked me a flight for 4.05pm to Charlotte n/c and then on to another plane to go to MDT Harrisburg. Everyone boards the plane at 4.20 and we just sit there, didn't even move away from the door. Pilot comes over the loud speaker and says they are waiting for paperwork and that their computer system is down. The flight finally left at 6.35pm and arrived in Charlotte at 11.15. The flight ran out of food and only had chips left and when landed everything was closed in the airport so no dinner for me! Missed the connecting flight by almost an hour. So finally at 2am Monday morning I have a flight booked for 9.55am to go to a different airport because they couldn't get me to the other one until Tuesday! I wanted to change airlines but they said I could not get my checked bag back from them which was checked in Denver and at that time I made sure to get my bag switched to the new flight and they gave me a paper saying it was. They ran out of hotel rooms to give out and they said I can either pay for it myself of sleep at the airport. So I stayed at the airport. When I finally landed in Newark NJ my snowboard was not there and is at a different airport which I now have to wait to be shipped to me. If you want to not make any of your flights and waste a bunch of your time and money then I suggest using US Airways. I am now home at 3pm Monday when I was supposed to be home Sunday at 12pm.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Susan Mika    (USA)

I was very much surprised and disappointed on my recent flight from Paris France to Philadelphia. I have never seen stewardesses act the way they did on this flight. I am an American yet most of the passengers were European. First off there was a language barrier. Some of the French passengers were sitting in the wrong seats. The stewardesses were telling the passenger to move. When they seemed confused these airline employees started to become very rude telling the passengers that because of them the flight was going to be late. I have never witnessed such disrespect on the employees part, I decided to just remain in my seat and do as told, not wanting to experience their wrath. No such luck, My husband and I were dozing when they passed out ice cream. I couldn't find a spoon with the container. Not wanting to "bother" the stewardess I started to eat the ice cream using the lid as a spoon. The stewardess passed by and took the ice cream from my hands and took out the plastic spoon that was contained in the lid. I jokingly said "sorry I couldn't find it". Her abrupt response was "you should have-they made an announcement where to find the spoon five minutes ago" I could not believe my ears. I didn't even bother to tell her that I did not hear the announcement due to the fact that I was sleeping. I have traveled with many airlines and have never witnessed this behavior before.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Chavin Suzanne    (USA)

Avoid at all costs. Monday my flight was canceled, and given notice only minutes before I was going to leave. They then booked me on a flight the next day, the last flight out of Cancun for the day. We had to purchase another night at our hotel at my own expense. Then I decided to go online and I found an earlier flight so I called the airlines and they put me on the earliest flight out of Cancun. My plane was second to take off on the tarmac when the pilot announced that a warning light was going on and that he needed it to be fixed. He proceeded to pull the airplane off of the active runway to get a hold of maintenance 20 minutes later announced that we had to return to the gate. But another plane was already at our gate so he pulled as close to the gate as possible so a bus was brought to the plane, we got off on a bus and went back to the gate. Two hours later we got back on the bus and back on the plane. So now my flight was four hours late and of course I missed my connection in Philadelphia. When we got off the plane in Philadelphia they were very nice and they already booked my connection on a later flight to Milwaukee. Flight was supposed to leave at 8.30 but of course it did not leave at 8.30 because they did not have a crew for that particular flight. We finally took off at 11.10pm that night. No apologies from anyone all the crew said was we've had a long day too we were delayed for three hours so all of us are tired. Not what I really want to hear when I'm getting onto a flight. I have traveled all around the world on numerous flights and occasionally I have encountered weather delays or minor maintenance problems, so I'm used to that but never ever have I experienced three flights all with issues unbelievable. I will never fly them again.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by David Visser    (USA)

US Air has become a disaster zone. First they switched our aircraft and seat assignments without any notification giving us poorer locations. Then, no online check-in was available in either direction resulting in chaos at the terminals. The self-service kiosks for one airline wouldn't accommodate the other. (American doesn't recognize US Air confirmation codes and vice versa). Our outbound flight was delayed by an hour to load late cargo. (Why should cargo be given priority? The plane wouldn't have waited if we'd been stuck in a traffic jam or overslept). Onboard, the premium economy seats were hardly bigger than standard seats. The earphones at $5 were defective and the jacks in the seats had poor connections. Food options were a joke, and the new credit card system does not provide a receipt. Customers were told to go online if they wanted one. Really? All the same check-in problems occurred on the return flight. Then, we had to move to a different gate because the plane was (guess what?) delayed. Cargo, perhaps. No restrooms on the same level as this new gate and no other services. Then all the same problems with inflight food and entertainment. On landing, the crew forgot to ask passengers to fasten seat belts, put tray tables/seats in their full and upright position, etc. No one came through the aisles checking. And, at no time during the flight did the captain or "flight deck" welcome passengers or comment on anything. We suspect this is all the result of unhappy people working in an unhappy environment. Stay away if you can. We have vowed never to fly American/US Air again.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Bullock    (USA)

US Airways flying out of Charlotte NC to Greensboro seems incapable of being on time and/or not overbooking. For the second time, I missed my connecting flight in CLT to GSO because US Airways was delayed by two hours from my origin in Orlando. No explanation given, but I am 100% sure weather had nothing to do with it as all was clear in Charlotte and Greensboro. The remaining three flights that evening were all overbooked. This is what happened before and I ended up waiting around trying to get on a flight all night only to be shuttled to a hotel to spend the night and hopefully get a flight the next morning. I wasn't going to do that again as GSO is only a 1.5 hour drive, so I rented a car and drove home. Were they willing to reimburse my rental? Of course not, instead they offered a voucher. Terrible customer relations.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Gallo    (USA)

Feb 17, flight 646 from PDX to PHX. On the same day I took flight 489 from PHX to PIT. I decided to fly US Airways PDX to PIT in February as the connection was in PHX and I was pretty sure PHX wouldn't have weather-related delays. I regretted buying my ticket after I started reading reviews about US Airways. And I was expecting the worst when I flew a couple of days ago. To my surprise, it was actually really good. Both flights were early, both planes had clearly been updated and were clean and comfortable. The flight attendants were attentive, friendly and helpful. On the first flight, which left PDX at 5.20 am, the FA was careful to not wake people up while also serving those who were awake. When people woke up later and asked for things, the FA served them breakfast and drinks with a smile. Breakfast was great - steel cut oats with fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts (I don't like eating a huge eggy breakfast early (which was also offered) in the morning and appreciated this healthy choice). The two things that were disappointing about the trip was t he lack of space in first class on the 319 and the lack of entertainment system on a longer flight (4 hours). With regard to the seat, when the person in front of me reclined, I couldn't use my table and the seat was less than a foot from my face. I had to ask the passenger to move her seat, which she was gracious about. But I thought that it was less space in first class than I get on some airlines in coach.

US Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Thompson    (USA)

Flew US Airways as part of a round trip First Class Flight specifically targeted to try BA's A380 out of IAD and be on one of the last 767-200 flights before they retired the fleet. First impression at OMG in the morning in Orlando I went to the First Class check-in for my International flight. Instead of being helped I was told to use a machine which frankly was confusing and when I asked for help I got an agent rolling her eyes and loudly expelling air. Really? Off to the gate and onto a 757 in the Intl config. Seat was decent, crew was experienced and the gentleman working first knew his craft well. Came to take drink orders for me and the person next to me, set the "snack basket" between us. Changed to a PSA operated CRJ900. Brand new with the new plane smell. Nice for what it is and in the inflight service was ok. Return from IAD to CLT in a CRJ900 operated by Mesa. The plane was a train wreck and smelled like urine. The FA's served F class to death but no one in coach even got a glance. US Air lounge in CLT lots of dark wood and Fox Noise on the TV's. Last leg to MCO on one of the last 767-200's. Flight late to gate then an hour delay. FA's very senior, polite and knew how to do the job. US Airways can be good, or horrible, you never know what to expect.

US Airways Customer review :  12 February 2015 by S Dolik    (USA)

I was stranded overnight in Phoenix on superbowl weekend. I am supposed to be a preferred customer. My flight was cancelled "due to weather" which means all the passengers must sleep in the airport as all hotel rooms are booked in Phoenix for the superbowl. They passed out pieces of paper offering "discounts of about 20%" on hotel rooms that were not available. I received a standby ticket for the next day and there is no guarantee I will get on as the superbowl passengers are leaving tomorrow as well. Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part. No voucher were issued since they claimed they could not control the weather. There are absolutely no hotel rooms here and absolutely no flights out of here at all for apparently several days. US Air is an avoid at all costs.

US Airways Customer review :  12 February 2015 by J Smith    (USA)

Every time that I fly US Airways, there is a maintenance issue. In Philly, we were on the plane for three hours while tech support troubleshot the navigation system. The last time, we boarded the plane, when it was time to push back from the gate, there's a maintenance issue. The markers that align to show the cabin door has been properly closed were not aligning. We were asked to return to the terminal and wait for the off site maintenance to come check it out. Forty minutes later, we were allowed to board again and were able to successfully take off. We arrived to Charlotte at 9.35 which gave me five minutes to make it to my connecting flight on the opposite side of the airport. Never Again!

US Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Alexnder Youngblood    (USA)

I have traveled with US Airways many times, as I live in Asheville, NC, and the closest major airports are CLT and ATL. Therefore, whenever I travel I almost only fly Delta or US Airways. Most recently I flew from CLT to CUN. Although the 757-200 had winglets and the fancy new AA paint job, that could not make up for the dissatisfaction I experienced during flight. My seat was very uncomfortable and the cabin was very, very dated. There was NO in flight entertainment (not even from the clunky overhead screen). The staff were decent, but nothing spectacular. On the way back, I flew on an A321, but it felt similar to the 757 I had flown on to CUN. I have flown on every type of plane in the fleet, and every plane has this sort of feeling, with the exception of the A330 (note: the A330 fleet still feels average when compared to other airlines, but is better than every other plane in their fleet. The 767-200s in their fleet are horrible, and the A320 family in their fleet is relatively shabby. Regional jets are what you would expect from a regional jet. Overall, a horrible airline, and as soon as I move out of Asheville to a larger city I plan on using another airline.

US Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by D Moore    (USA)

Flew to Manchester UK. First leg (delayed). Second leg (PHI to MAN UK) we all get on the plane after slight delay, and the pilot comes on and says "We have to replace to doors on the front undercarriage - we'll be here about 15 minutes". For the next hour we hear every 15 minutes that we will be on the ground for another 15 minutes. Finally, we head for the de-icing stand. The pilot tells us that the plane had been standing at the airport all day and it would take extra time to de-ice. If the plane had been there all day, why hadn't they taken care of the maintenance and got the plan de-iced before the scheduled departure time? Rest of flight is routine until we get to Manchester, when they can't seem to get the jetway to roll up to the door. Come on people, how hard can it be? So we have to wait for them to find some steps and we deplane onto the tarmac. Glad it wasn't bucketing with rain. On way back, they book us onto a cancelled flight and don't tell us our connection is cancelled until we get to Philadelphia. What's more, they think everything is cancelled for Tuesday too and they don't care! Customer service reps weren't even apologetic and certainly weren't interested in helping us get home. So we run over to the departures board and find jetBlue still has flights and we manage to get on a jetBlue flight. Re: Food. They served dinner at 11 O'clock at night - really? All you want them to do at that time is turn the lights down so you can try to sleep. Didn't eat it but it left the cabin smelling like a Russian cafeteria Then they served a pathetic breakfast just before landing when a decent breakfast would have been welcome. Totally ill-conceived. Re: Cabin crew: Perfectly acceptable. Did have an odd situation where the crew member asked me what I wanted to drink, and then disappeared without a word (or a drink) and I had to ask again when they went by later, but they brought me my drink quickly after that. It was the service desk that causes me to rate Staff Service as poor. Re: Entertainment. Overseas flight had seat back screens, but the range of selections was very weak and the screens themselves were very bulky - they were touch insensitive screens.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by A B Mannes    (USA)

Because I travel professionally from PHL, I am stuck with US Airways as they have a monopoly on most domestic non- stops from here. This week alone, on three separate flights, customer service: 1) Refused to seat me with my wife on the same reservation as I was placed in a choice seat (ADA accommodation) and she would've had to pay $89 each way for the upgrade (one row up) or sit separately. Yes, this was after I informed then it was due to an old line-of-duty injury, they didn't care. 2) Refused to waive a $450 difference for a flight two hours before the flight I was booked on, even though the requested change is because of an impending snow storm starting when the flight I'm booked on is leaving. 3) Charged bag fees to Cancun, Mexico even though it is an international flight and they don't charge fees for every other Mexican city they fly to.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Spencer    (USA)

We flew from Brussels to Philadelphia. Before we even took off, the pilot announced we might have to stop to refuel, which would delay our flight by an hour. That being said, the plane was miserably small and old. The air conditioners were so loud it was difficult to hear announcements or talk to flight attendants. We had to stop in NY for fuel, which delayed our flight by an hour and a half. We landed in Philadelphia at 3.10. At least 20 passengers missed their connecting flights in Philadelphia, including ourselves. We were supposed to have a connecting flight to Nashville at 3.45. When we deplaned they already had new tickets printed for passengers who would be missing their next flight, which was nice. The new plan was to leave for Charlotte at 5, and then catch a connecting flight to Nashville. It took them an hour to retrieve our luggage from the plane and another 20 minutes for us to get through customs and security. We rechecked out bags, but they didn't ask us for any additional information just took our bags and said we were fine. The gate number for Charlotte on the ticket they had just printed was wrong, so we almost missed that flight but made it just in time. We got to Charlotte and boarded for Nashville without any glitches. When we boarded for Nashville we sat in the plane for 30 minutes after our take off time. No one said why. We finally got to Nashville, and our luggage had not made it with us. They said it was still in Charlotte. They are supposed to be delivering it some time today. We'll see.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Sophia Demasi    (USA)

Just completed a business class flight from PHL to Rome. Flight was less than average at best. I have taken many business class flights on other airlines so I have a sense of what should happen. When arriving the attendant did not greet us. She just threw the menu our way and said to give her our dinner order. They served me my on board champagne but forgot to serve my partner. When we inquired the attendant said to wait a minute as he was doing a 'head count'. Partner ordered the steak but was given the fish instead. They apologized and said to wait 20 minutes for the steak. When it finally arrived it was blood red and inedible. If you ask me, they do not have enough help on board. With 32 seats in business I saw only 2 attendants. Etihad and Thai Airways have double that for the same number of people. The new business class seats are made for men. It is not possible to put your foot on the foot rest without adjusting the seat back. This airline needs to step it up. Suggest avoiding if at all possible and certainly do not pay the premium cost for business class.

US Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Richard Wilson    (UK)

Flew SJU-PHL first class. Had to make BA connection in PHL but had best part of 2 hours. Plane was late in, and when we were all loaded we waited around for no obvious reason. It transpired that one of the maintenance crew had gone off with the plane's log without which it couldn't fly. Plane (757) itself had been repainted in the new AA livery, but inside was very old and tired. First class seat quite comfortable but the cabin was dreary - as was the service. Grumpy and unhelpful flight attendants. Unable to give me any help about my connection in PHL and I was told to ask when I got there. Landed just before 6pm. As they didn't use the front door, it took a while to get out. Then they announced that the agent was only providing information to passengers with connections before or at 6pm - basically people who had missed their flights and not those (like me) who had an outside chance of making it (if I could find the plane). I asked another agent whose terse reply was "If it's a BA flight, I don't know". Great, Thanks. Well worth letting US Airways into One World, wasn't it? Found it and made the flight to LHR. BA infinitely better. US Airways is like the sort of airline you'd expect to find in a Third World country.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by A B Mannes    (USA)

I'm a former law enforcement officer with a knee injury. Unfortunately, as I live in Philadelphia, I fly US Airways as they have a near monopoly on long non-stops out of PHL. I fly every month, and am always accommodated through the ADA into the bulkhead seat for the extra legroom, as I'm 6'3". On the rare occasions that my afraid- of-flying wife is accompanying me, she has (since 2009) been accommodated with me in the next seat, as a courtesy. Last week, I booked two trips, one for a conference and one vacation that my wife is accompanying me on. On my customary call to US Airways to get my ADA accommodation (because there's no way to do this online when you book the seats), I was told that my wife would have to sit separate from me or I'd have to pay for the "choice seat". When I explained to the customer service agents, they all stated that there is nothing they can do for me, as all they had to do under the law was accommodate me, and my wife had to pay the fee. I fly at least 12-20 times a year with US Airways, and they'd rather offend me by making my wife pay a fee to sit in the disabled row next to me for a lousy $52 each way? The mere principal here is rude. The shame is that I'm stuck with stops if I switch carriers, but am considering doing so immediately. Southwest is looking better to me every day, and the minute JetBlue comes to PHL, I'm taking all my business there.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

December 27, BOS to MJB and return on January 3, non-stop flights which operate only on Saturdays to Jamaica and back. After the mixed reviews for this airline, I, accompanied by nine other family members, was not looking forward to this flight. Almost a two-hour delay taking off, caused by understaffed flight control employees on vacation, and a one hour delay landing because of bad weather in Boston tested our grandkids' endurance. But US Airways made the experience on both legs as pleasant as possible. The captain kept us very well-informed, and the flight attendants were cheerful and very present. The seats were more comfortable than in many economy cabins I have experienced. Further, given the large number of families with young children boarding, US Airways was able to start the board process early. Agents at both the check in counter and the gate were exceptionally helpful and friendly. And finally luggage arrived promptly at both destinations. An excellent experience.

US Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Robert Clarkson    (USA)

I was recently reminded why I avoid US Air after a flight to LGA on Christmas Eve. The flights attendants offered no cabin service because of "Turbulence." My desk is more turbulent than that flight. They just refused to work. Maybe if they'd remained strapped in. It wasn't so turbulent that they couldn't walk around in the galley area. At least I booked on Delta for the return.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Kerynn Holtzman    (USA)

I have always selected US Airways as my airline of choice. That will no longer be the case as of this last trip. I am completely unsatisfied with the way in which US Airways customer service dealt with a series of unfortunate events. I purchased 2 direct First Class flights from Washington, DC to Phoenix, AZ. Not only was the first flight cancelled due to maintenance, we were then re-routed through Des Moines, Iowa only to have our second connecting flight to Phoenix, cancelled. Over twenty hours later, we finally reached our destination. We lost a day of our vacation. I phoned US Airways customer care, and thought that they would understand the following - 1) We purchased Direct First Class seats, which are more expensive then multiple stop, shuttle flights as well as foregoing the lunch even that should have been offered. 2) Cancellations were not due to weather, rather maintenance (on two planes)- we lost a day of an already short trip to see family. I requested a change in the RT flights home by 1 day (same flight #, etc) to allow our family to make up the time lost. I was told, and I quote "We got you there, and that is all we commit to. Given you are requesting a flight change, of your choice and not due to the airline, there is nothing we can do for you." The total cost to make the change is $600.00 per person. I was disgusted at the lack of care regarding the situation and further their lack of concern. I would not recommend travelling on this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Byers    (USA)

I have flown with US airways 3 times now and each time has been unpleasant. I wonder if this airline is ever on time. All flights were delayed - once for 12 hours. This time I flew to Puerto Vallarta from San Francisco. The flight to SF was delayed and I had to run with my carry on and barely made my connecting flight. On the way back the check-in service at Puerto Vallarta airport was appalling. I first was directed to a long line to get my boarding pass from a computer and then I had to wait in another line for the US airways staff to look at my visa. Had to board a bus to get to the waiting plane. I booked my ticket / seats well in advance and was not given the seats I had selected - I was seated in the middle over the wing on all flights - the one seat I did not want. When I complained I was told it was my fault for checking in late - I was early and had chosen my seat when I purchased the tickets. I was also told that I did not have the right status to guarantee my seat. On the flight from Phoenix to San Francisco, also delayed, it was difficult to even get a cup of water. All together a horrible experience. I will be paying the extra dollars for the non-stop service with Alaska Airlines next time.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Jennifer Quinn    (USA)

I just returned from a family trip to Puerto Vallarta where we all flew US Air! This is the worst airline experience I have experienced. The employees seem to all be rude and unprofessional. It's a real shame since it flies to many destinations I fly to but I will pay more to have an airline that actually values its customers. Every leg of each of our flights were delayed, one of our parties missed their flight even though the plane was still at the gate. It set on at the gate for 10 minutes before it pushed away. There were 21 people that needed to be rebooked standing! Same thing happened on the way back! Southwest and Alaska never treats passengers with such disregard.

US Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Maccuswell Robert    (USA)

Recently flew from Philadelphia to Orlando and return. Philadelphia curbside checking smooth - no issues. Pre- printed boarding so just straight to security. Airside boarding was crowded and pretty disorganized. Flight uneventful but crowded. Lots of families with excited kids but to be expected. Arrival fine. Return less crowded. No issues. Plane both ways pretty worn. FA's did job just not very friendly.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by B Paul    (UK)

We travelled for the first time with this airline and happy to say we were well pleased with all 4 of our flights. We left Manchester 8th Dec via Philadelphia and on to Miami, landing 30 mins early. We experienced no hitches whatsoever and also with our return journey on Dec 18th. Seats were fine and food was very acceptable. No problems and we would be happy to use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Row    (USA)

I am disabled, and have a great deal of difficulty walking unassisted - cannot bend my knees very far. I flew US Air, not realizing how terrible they are. They waited until everyone was boarded before wheeling me to the plane. Since I have difficulty walking, all eyes were on me as I very slowly walked to my seat holding onto the headrests of each seat. I had to make one connection with each flight in Charlotte, NC. The reservation associate was able to place me on an aisle all but one way, and told me when I got to Charlotte that staff at the gate would change me with another passenger. After everyone else had boarded, a very rude gate attendant told me the plane was fully booked and they couldn't change my seat which was half way back in the middle seat. A sweet young lady on the aisle offered to change with me, so at least I was able to accomplish that. I cannot carry any weight other than a handbag, I asked the male flight attendant to carry my carryon to my seat and place it in the overhead for me, he begrudging did it, turned around in a huff, and walked away afterwards. Staff were all rude. I will never fly this airline again. No food was offered on a flight that was almost 2 hours long. I also experienced a delay almost missing my connecting flight.

US Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Basel    (USA)

Orlando to Tucson with stop in PHX. Flight attendants were rude. Flight to Tucson - no beverage service. Staff stated flight was too short - I have flown this route many times and have never seen any airline not even offer water.

US Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Brooke    (USA)

US799, AMS to PHL. Take this flight often, unfortunately, due to no other direct flights between these 2 locations. Firstly, ground staff at PHL check in are just unfriendly. Surly and not one smile. The aircraft's they use on this leg often breaks down and the interior is extremely outdated. You get to watch a movie on an overhead screen, zero selection. It's like flying on something from 20 years ago. What could make up for this is the cabin crew, but unfortunately they too are surly and clearly lost all sense of customer service after many years on the job.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Phil    (USA)

Flight 730, CLT-LHR, economy. Boarded surprisingly early. Not full flight. Almost 1 hr delay at the gate after boarding due to mechanical issue, but strong tail winds made up for most of it. Water was offered during the delay. Dinner was choice of chicken with risotto or pasta with Alfredo sauce, plus soft cheese and crackers, roll and butter, garden salad and dressing, and a dessert bar. The entrée is just the same as a microwave meal, so if you like that, you will like the food onboard. If you don't, you won't. I did. Was pleasantly surprised by two changes since my last trip on this flight, less than a month earlier - beer is now complimentary in economy. Previously only the house red / white wine was complimentary. Also, the pre-arrival snack is more extensive. Before, it was a hot muffin. Now, it's the same hot muffin with a couple other bagged treats. CLT is nice for frequent flyers. Security Checkpoint C is kept for the elite levels, so not much wait there. Also, the preferred access lets you bypass the line of people waiting to board and go right to the front and be the next one on the plane.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by A Frederic    (France)

CDG–PHL, NOV 30 2014. CDG AA Lounge is over crowded. Only 3 men's lavatories for more than 100 people. Preflight drink in plastic glass. Pre-lunch drink with cold poor quality nuts, appetizer salad similar to those available in a low-cost market. Entree and cheese were OK. Crew too busy to speak in the galley. No question for more bread, wine or coffee. Seat is flat and ok, so is IFE. Snack before lunch was a joke - a cheap pizza and a salad. Lavatories beetwen Business and Economy, locked all the flight. No reason as to why!

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by B Walters    (Canada)

I flew from Fort Lauderdale to Philadelphia and on to Ottawa on 24 Nov. I cannot say that this was a good travel experience. My first impression on arrival at the Fort Lauderdale check-in in counter was a dismal fail. Even though there were hardly any people in line, I was ignored standing, first in the wrong line, then once directed to another line, was ignored by the agent there until finally another approached and proceeded to get my baggage tag. The flights themselves were fairly uneventful, and the inflight staff were much more friendly. The seating was however not comfortable, nor was there any kind of seatback entertainment system like on other airlines. The flight from Philadelphia to Ottawa was a quick regional jet flight, and therefore I am used to no on board amenities. This flight was not horrible, but the poor reception at Fort Lauderdale did leave me feeling like I might not choose US Airways for my next transborder flight.

US Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Beyer    (USA)

I was using a duffle sized soft bag as my carry on and the US Airways check-in assistant told me it was too big and I had to check it. I told her I had flown the previous day with US Airways and many other times using this same bag and it had never been a problem. Extremely dismissive - looked at my ticket and told me that I wasn't a preferred member. We put the bag on the frame and it fit. Told that it didn't matter and I had to check the bag. I checked the measurements of the bag online and it is compliant with airline requirements for carry on luggage. I am furious that status with an airline and one person's opinion impacts my service. I will be giving my business and money to other airlines.

US Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Z Pavel    (Canada)

YYZ-PHL-PUJ. Toronto has a horrible border preclearance. Whole passage (customs, passport control, baggage and security) took about 35-45 mins. The terminal on the other hand is clean and well maintained. The US Airways staff offered to put large carry-ons in the hold for free. The flight was uneventful, staff indifferent. Connection in PHL well done. Terminal A looks amazing. Terminals B-E were very small and crowded. The flight from PHL to PUJ I was amazed that US Airways decided to use a twin-aisle A330. The crew was funny, cheerful and helpful. The seats were reasonably clean and well spaced, seatback IFE with quite the selection of games and videos/songs. The customs in PUJ were straightforward, with a new 10 dollar entry tax for "tourist cards". Overall, worth the money and definitely would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Gerard Clarke    (Ireland)

I recently flew with American Airlines from Philadelphia to Dublin on the red eye. The flight was well organised but the facilities were extremely poor. The inflight entertainment consisted of 1 screen for the cabin, I was at the bulkhead so couldn't even see the film. Only one film was played for the entire 6 hours of the flight. The food was comical and breakfast I actually took with me to show my friends in the pub, it consisted of a flat muffin which looked like a normal muffin had been stepped on.

US Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hansen Barbara    (USA)

Three hour flight delay due to mechanical issues. One being lack of AC. Confined to the airplane the entire time. One issue after another kept us grounded. Offered nothing but water. We sat at the gate the entire time looking inside the terminal at 2 fast food restaurants. We should have been allowed to deplane, with instructions to stay in the immediate area. Once in the air, we had to pay for food (snacks).

US Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Dunn    (USA)

I was rebooked on US Airways after a United flight was delayed. Then, the US Airways flight was delayed, and we had to disembark. I had to rebook my trip because my onward US flight to Tel Aviv would have left. The customer service agent said I did not pay for the ticket and wondered several times why I was allowed to board. She called her supervisor who discovered, I had paid (business class) and that is why I was on their flight. I received no apology, but lots of attitude. So, no more US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

US 731 Business Class LHR to CLT A330-300 24th October 2014, very good seat 1A, great service and good food.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

US 2046, CLT to RSW, 24th November 2014 seat 2A First Class. Great service, pre-take off drinks, small snack, great coffee, comfortable seat.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by A Adams    (USA)

On November 5, 2014 I flew US Airways - what a mistake. I am disabled and my husband checked the night before to make sure a wheelchair would be ready at the airport. Seattle to Tucson via Phoenix. No wheelchair in Seattle, finally after waiting at check-in for 45 minutes the desk clerk was worried I was going to miss the flight and grabbed a wheel chair and I was put on plane at the last minute. Arrived at Phoenix - no wheelchair - person working at desk ignored me. Another passenger interrupted her and told her I needed assistance and I finally got help. Arrived in Tucson - no wheelchair - had to walk from tarmac to baggage. Wheelchair available for another customer - asked the person if he could get one for me, he shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Customer service a nightmare - do not want to talk to you in person. The prices are good but they do not care about there customers.

US Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Segal    (USA)

PHX-HNL return in economy. Exit row seat, so extra legroom. Be warned-any window seat directly behind the exit door has very limited legroom due to the protruding door. Seat 9d is excellent though-able to stretch out. Service friendly and good. Both flights on time, even early by a few minutes. Only complaint would be seatmate on the overnight return. Very large man made for an extremely uncomfortable ride. When he sat down and slid back, the arm rest rose with his body. Not fun. Entertainment shown on outbound, but did not watch.

US Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

LGA-DCA-SYR. Flight out of LGA was delayed due to weather and had a very tight connection in DCA but the flight attendants kept reassuring me that I had enough time to make it. Flight to DCA on an E190 and it barely half full which provided a very comfortable flight and legroom and recline were good. No beverage runs this time due to heavy turbulence. Made it to my flight to SYR with a minute to spare, this flight on a smaller E170. The flight attendant serving my row was an absolute delight. Per usual, like all other major US carriers, they lack the polish and finesse of their Asian counterparts. However, she was very friendly, warm and she made a lot of interaction with me and other passengers. I was given a whole can of Coke which is always nice, flight was seamless and arrived on time. I'm also glad that the crew and the airline has a lot of positivity about its ongoing merger with American.

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by T Amann    (USA)

Our weekend was ruined when this airline canceled our flight due to mechanical problems. After sitting in the airport from 7:00am until 3:30pm our 8:30am flight was finally canceled. We repeatedly stood in line to find out what was going only to be told our best bet was to wait for that plane to be repaired. A part was coming at 11:00am and then it was coming at 2:00pm. By the time they received the part and found out it didn't correct the problem it was too late and there were no more flights that day. We were kept in the dark all day unless we went to find out what was going on. When the flight was officially canceled no one even announced it. Wouldn't announcing the cancelation be the least they could do for the customers who spent the entire day waiting. Shame on you US Airways for treating your customers so poorly and barely even offering an apology.

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Colleen Doherty    (Ireland)

Flew from Dublin to Philadelphia (connecting flight to Boston delayed by 3 hours). On board staff never came to aid when call bell rung. On route back from Boston to Philadelphia, delayed on the runway for 1.5 hrs due to snow, crew told us not to worry if we missed our connecting flight to Dublin and that we could head straight for a flight to London. After running with bags for 20 mins through the airport we were told we could not get on the flight to London and would have to stay the night in Philadelphia. Staff were so rude it was unreal and especially to an elderly couple who missed their flight as a buggy was not allowed to transport them to their gate. Staff did not make us aware that they provided discounts for hotels either.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Mason    (UK)

Having flown Boston to Honolulu via Phoenix first class with no problem I wasn't anticipating problems on the return journey. I could not have been more wrong. When I got to Phoenix on the return trip I was suddenly bumped to coach! They told me this was due to a change of aircraft and that the crew would treat me as if I was first class passenger. The crew told me there was no change of plane and that I had been bumped in favour of another passenger despite me holding a full first class ticket! I was treated exactly the same as a coach passenger so felt let down, disappointed and lied to! I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Connie Serrer-Molinari    (USA)

Second time I have used US airways, and both times have been a disaster. First time from Tucson to Sacramento was delayed in Tucson (no explanation), then when I did get on and had to transfer planes in Phoenix, I waited 3 hrs with a boarding pass in front of the gate. When I presented my boarding pass at the gate to get on they told me that the seat was already taken. Spent the night in Phoenix at a hotel because no flights were available. Swore I wouldn't fly them again, but I had to get to Columbus, Ohio for a wedding - got on the plane on time, then sat there when they announced (at least they told us this time) that there were mechanical difficulties. Everyone got off, got in a line of at least 100 fellow travelers to rebook it and the best they could do was another flight 10.5h later to arrive the next day (wedding would have already happened). Got my money back at least.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Potter    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Charlotte on 04/10/14. Flight late leaving Heathrow and not enough layover time allowed, so we missed our connecting flight to Orlando, managed to get another flight early Sunday am (we were booked on a cruise that sailed Sunday afternoon) but spent a very uncomfortable night in Charlotte airport the US Airways staff offered no accommodation, food or drink. On our return leg from Charlotte to Heathrow we were delayed over an hour and a half on the plane due to a "medical issue" with 2 passengers (This issue should have been picked up long before the passengers were allowed to board). Would I fly with US Airways again? Well just to say Ryanair could teach them something!

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Brooks Michael    (USA)

Direct flight from Charlotte to Salt Lake City. At the designated boarding time, flight attendants told a few folks the plane was still in maintenance and we'd board in 15 minutes or so. (no announcement). 15 minutes later they said it would be another 15 minutes. Some time passed and they said they couldn't fix the plane in time so they were going to give us another one. Then they said we were waiting for a storm to pass before they brought the plane from the hanger. They finally got a plane over to the terminal, then started trying to find the flight crew who had apparently left the airport. Crew later said they were told the flight was cancelled (although they never told the passengers that). They found the crew, boarded zone 1 and 2 then realized the captain was missing, so they asked everyone to deboard the plane. A Captain was eventually found. Plane took off 3.5 hours after scheduled time. We wouldn't have known anything that was happening if we hadn't been sitting near the gate desk. Communication was terrible to the passengers. We were basically kept waiting at the gate for 4 hours or so with the belief we would be boarding at any time. On the flip side, the flight attendants were friendly, pleasant and apologetic.

US Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Thomas Blair    (USA)

Flew from Las Vegas to Philadelphia and on to Portland. Never have I witnessed such complete incompetence and total disregard for the paying customer. Had to stay the night in the airport as flights were cancelled repeatedly with no explanation. Repeatedly shuttled from one terminal to another while the monitors were either not updated or working at all. We were told to go to customer service. Line was 150 yards long as I paced it. After an hour the same couple was at the counter. Two girls behind the counter. Finally took to the phone for help. At midnight we were told we weren't entitled to food or lodging vouchers as the cancellation's were due to traffic congestion. The only good thing I see is U.S Airways can only go up from here. Worst experience ever.

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Susan Simon    (USA)

US Airways has an unfair baggage policy. In the interest of efficiency & courtesy I checked by bag only to hear an announcement at the gate that the flight was full and bags would be checked for free! US Airways knew the flight was full at the time I checked my bag and should have told me, instead they charged me $50 (round trip).

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Koelmel    (Germany)

Flight US 706 from Charlotte to Frankfurt was delayed for more than five hours due to maintenance. It seemed to be the second time within 6 days. Former records read to it accordingly. Delay came in steps of half hours and hours. Nobody cared whether passengers had to drink or to eat, the shops in Charlotte were closed. Our flight US1917 five days earlier from Philadelphia was delayed for two hours. The plane had to return to the gate due to maintenance. The airline always prevented online booking with free luggage although it was already booked. US airlines are not committed to pay penalty. Maybe this is reasonable for the many delays of transatlantic flights. I review this airline as unreliable.

US Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Pugsley    (USA)

I was returning home from DFW on flight 649 on 9/27/2014 which was supposed to arrive in Phoenix, with a connecting flight from Phoenix to San Jose. Instead of landing we circled Phoenix airport for over an hour then were diverted to New Mexico. After sitting on the tarmac for over 4 hours at Albuquerque airport, we were told that the flight had to be canceled. Upon exiting the plane, we were told to contact customer service (800 number). We were told that no reimbursements for hotels would be made and that there were no flights available that we could get on until the following Monday. I was told to ask about flight 9011 the next day which flew to Phoenix. The agent said she could put me on that flight but any flights continuing to San Jose the same day were not available. Later that evening I found a flight out of Phoenix to San Jose on Priceline for $337.00 and booked it so I could get home. Guess which airline that was on? US Airways! US Airways had one agent at the ticketing counter the following morning and over 187 people in line. Two days later I pulled up my unused ticket to request a refund and it shows a connecting ticket which I was not told about nor did I use and I am outraged! This was our second trip on US Airways - thinking it couldn't happen twice the first time we were diverted, and had to drive 2 states to make a cruise! Again - no reimbursements!

US Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Brett Smith    (USA)

CLT-BOS. It's advertised online as 2+ hours, but the flight only took 95 minutes. No issues on the ground or in the air. They went around with drinks and I thought they would provide snacks, so I asked the attendant for a snack. I was surprised to later learn that snacks aren't free, but the flight attendant never charged me. Return flight was delayed 30 minutes, supposedly because of the issues in Chicago. Somebody made a snarky comment to flight attendant, she definitely heard it but wisely ignored it. No other issues on the ground or in the air. It's always funny flying into Charlotte b/c majority of people aboard are switching planes. While others were making a mad dash to their next plane, I was taking an easy stroll in the terminal.

US Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by C Walsh    (Canada)

Savannah to Philadelphia (equipment change) to Buffalo. Embraer 175 on both legs. Flights left on time, arrived on time. First Class was just ok - expensive fare class but worth it for pre-boarding, more space and a limited beverage/snack service. FAs were cordial, not overly friendly.

US Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Priyanu Two    (Germany)

17/8/2014: Boston - Philadelphia - Munich: I used BA business lounge in Philadelphia which was really nice and then I tried out US Airways business lounge which was big but nothing much to offer. After boarding the plane I was very surprised to see the seating was very nice and comfortable. I was able to sleep all the way to Munich after dinner. The staff were very friendly and the whole experienced with US Airways was a very good one.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Stine Caden    (USA)

Over the summer my family and I flew to Fort. Myers on US Airways. On the way there we flew from Indianapolis to Charlotte to Fort. Myers. The flight was pretty average. On the way back, though, I have some complaints. We flew Fort. Myers to Washington Reagan to Indianapolis. On the flight back to Indy from Washington we were on a smaller Embraer jet. The Plane's condition was terrible. Multiple overhead bins were broken, and at my seat the wall panel was falling off! I could see the insulation of the plane. Also all over my seat belt was gum. It was very disgusting and I could not change seats because it was a full flight. I'm willing to give US Airways another chance though. I would also recommend them to a friend because 3/4 flights were alright.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Austin    (USA)

PHL-LAX-PHL, September 3-9. I went out to Los Angeles for a vacation on US Airways. When I arrived at Philadelphia airport to my surprise the check-in and TSA lines were not crowded at all for it being a Hub. As for the flight, it was uneventful. It left on time and arrived to LAX few minutes early. Flight was smooth but trying to sleep and relax in those coach seats was uncomfortable. The flight coming back left on time as well and flight went smoothly. Since US Airways is about to be the only airline to be non-stop to between Philly and Los Angeles once Virgin America stops its flights in October looks I'll have no choice but to use US Airways as I personally hate connecting flights.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Marks Debbie    (USA)

We traveled from Charlotte NC to Paris France in late August and had booked in Envoy class. Much to our total amazement we were loaded onto a 30 year plane with old business class seats that did not lie flat and were worn out and hard as a board, it was like trying to sleep on a teeter-totter. They gave us an old ipad for entertainment. Food was horrible and the flight attendants went up front and closed the drapes. Impossible to get even a drink. When I called US airways, they offered nothing for their false advertising. If we allow airlines to treat us with disrespect it will continue to happen. I know it won't make a difference, but I nor my husband will ever fly US airways or American again. It is the only small way that we can voice or extreme displeasure about being treated so poorly. They didn't even respond to my email.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Maher    (USA)

On our last US Airways trip, the return from Athens was a complete disaster. I verified my seats and flights twice in the week before I left home. I brought a printed copy of the itinerary from their website. At the airport, I was told that "you don't have seats on the first leg of your journey from Athens to Zurich (Swiss Air). I see your reservation, but for some reason, US Airways cancelled your seats on that portion of the trip. The flight is full, you don't have seats, call them. Step aside." I did call US Airways - on hold for long stretches while their personnel verified that it was the next day in Athens vs. where the customer service is located in the U.S. and while they tried to put me on a flight now leaving in 1/2 hour. We ran to the Lufthansa check-in as instructed - after repeated attempts to get tickets, we were told by Lufthansa that they could see the reservation, but US Airways hadn't completed the task and we couldn't get on board. I called US Airways again in front of the Lufthansa check-in (more time on hold despite explaining that we had less than 1/2 hour to get tickets, clear security and get to the gate). They verified that the last agent had not completed our reservation in Lufthansa's system. They now instructed us to go to Swiss Air and get the same tickets since they were codeshare partners on the Lufthansa flight. While explaining that Swiss Air was where we started and on the other side of the airport, the announcement closing that flight was made. US Airways then stated they could do nothing until the next day's flight to get us out. I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor reiterated that nothing from Athens was available until the next day. I told her that I could see online that several flights were available to European gateway cities that morning, but was told that US Airways couldn't put me on those flights. She was more helpful when I offered to get us to any European gateway on my dime, but then told me that all the flights from London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Munich, etc. were full. My wife tried again and did reach someone that routed us to Paris and home on Air France. Air France was a welcome change and they actually worked to correct more US Airways problems created during re-booking us. I always thought the day would come where US Airways would turn the corner and become a great airline (and I've waited a long time), but I've officially lost interest in being around to see it.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Ben Weeks    (USA)

I fly with US Airways a lot and they are average, nothing special. Flying from CLT-SAN we usually leave on time, a few minutes early even. But ever since they removed inflight entertainment on their domestic flights a 5 hour flight on an A320 is a little long. Make sure to bring your own things for movies and music, Airbus A320 was older, with some signs of age and grime on it, taffy stuffed into what used to be a power port on my armrest, 2 skittles stuck to the carpet under my seat, leather was worn as well. Cabin Crew were nice and attentive, drinks and snacks were average, though their marketplace meals are not as quality. Just a few days before our trip, US Airways changed our flight numbers and if I had not looked at the reservation again I might have been in a little trouble in finding the gate. If you don't like spending a lot of money try not to bring huge suitcases that need to be checked, as US Airways charges 25 extra dollars per bag each way. US Airways is an average airline, nothing very special.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J McTaggart    (USA)

I booked my trip through Orbitz. The trip was "must be there on time" type of trip. I was very pleased that check in was made easy to do online, I had no problems with baggage as I carried only 1 bag with me. We traveled from DFW to Charlotte, NC then onto Charleston, WV. The plan for the first leg of the trip was excellent my only critique would be on that 2nd leg of the trip, which was in a much smaller plane and the seats were pretty "snug". However we were on time the entire way there. On the way back our trip was delayed from leaving almost 2 hrs but there had been storms that had come through which had thrown many other flights off and I guess that was natures fault. All the staff was very friendly. They served only a beverage as our trips were short and I didn't mind. I would recommend us airways to anyone and look forward to flying with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Darren    (Canada)

Do not use this airline, especially out of YEG. I have never complained about a flight before. We had the exact experience with a cancelled flight from YEG to PHX as a previous post David had, because of crew members not showing up. This was a 6.20am flight and was cancelled while we were in line to board. US Airways were extremely rude in re-routing us, it was a take it or leave it proposal. And my experience continues to be horrible as I continue to deal with their customer service. Do not use this airline!

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Trevena Barry    (UK)

I have just returned from a holiday to Miami Florida which went from Heathrow and stopped in Charlotte. I wanted to write a review as I read others before I left and they were mostly all really bad so I was terrified about what to expect. I'm pleased to say I was more than pleasantly surprised by my travel experience. All flights left on time and were early arriving, we actually got back into Heathrow 45 minutes earlier than expected! Staff were pleasant, the flight was smooth and there was plenty of room in our seats, we all had our own touch screen TV with so many films to choose from it was excellent. Even the food was good, it was free on the transatlantic flight and we just bought our own snacks for the domestic flight, however, all flights had complimentary drinks which was more than I expected on the domestic ones. I have to say it's a shame for those that have had a bad experience but I want people to know that it a great airline to use and it will always be my first choice in the future.