US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Priyanu Two    (Germany)

17/8/2014: Boston - Philadelphia - Munich: I used BA business lounge in Philadelphia which was really nice and then I tried out US Airways business lounge which was big but nothing much to offer. After boarding the plane I was very surprised to see the seating was very nice and comfortable. I was able to sleep all the way to Munich after dinner. The staff were very friendly and the whole experienced with US Airways was a very good one.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Stine Caden    (USA)

Over the summer my family and I flew to Fort. Myers on US Airways. On the way there we flew from Indianapolis to Charlotte to Fort. Myers. The flight was pretty average. On the way back, though, I have some complaints. We flew Fort. Myers to Washington Reagan to Indianapolis. On the flight back to Indy from Washington we were on a smaller Embraer jet. The Plane's condition was terrible. Multiple overhead bins were broken, and at my seat the wall panel was falling off! I could see the insulation of the plane. Also all over my seat belt was gum. It was very disgusting and I could not change seats because it was a full flight. I'm willing to give US Airways another chance though. I would also recommend them to a friend because 3/4 flights were alright.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Austin    (USA)

PHL-LAX-PHL, September 3-9. I went out to Los Angeles for a vacation on US Airways. When I arrived at Philadelphia airport to my surprise the check-in and TSA lines were not crowded at all for it being a Hub. As for the flight, it was uneventful. It left on time and arrived to LAX few minutes early. Flight was smooth but trying to sleep and relax in those coach seats was uncomfortable. The flight coming back left on time as well and flight went smoothly. Since US Airways is about to be the only airline to be non-stop to between Philly and Los Angeles once Virgin America stops its flights in October looks I'll have no choice but to use US Airways as I personally hate connecting flights.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Marks Debbie    (USA)

We traveled from Charlotte NC to Paris France in late August and had booked in Envoy class. Much to our total amazement we were loaded onto a 30 year plane with old business class seats that did not lie flat and were worn out and hard as a board, it was like trying to sleep on a teeter-totter. They gave us an old ipad for entertainment. Food was horrible and the flight attendants went up front and closed the drapes. Impossible to get even a drink. When I called US airways, they offered nothing for their false advertising. If we allow airlines to treat us with disrespect it will continue to happen. I know it won't make a difference, but I nor my husband will ever fly US airways or American again. It is the only small way that we can voice or extreme displeasure about being treated so poorly. They didn't even respond to my email.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Maher    (USA)

On our last US Airways trip, the return from Athens was a complete disaster. I verified my seats and flights twice in the week before I left home. I brought a printed copy of the itinerary from their website. At the airport, I was told that "you don't have seats on the first leg of your journey from Athens to Zurich (Swiss Air). I see your reservation, but for some reason, US Airways cancelled your seats on that portion of the trip. The flight is full, you don't have seats, call them. Step aside." I did call US Airways - on hold for long stretches while their personnel verified that it was the next day in Athens vs. where the customer service is located in the U.S. and while they tried to put me on a flight now leaving in 1/2 hour. We ran to the Lufthansa check-in as instructed - after repeated attempts to get tickets, we were told by Lufthansa that they could see the reservation, but US Airways hadn't completed the task and we couldn't get on board. I called US Airways again in front of the Lufthansa check-in (more time on hold despite explaining that we had less than 1/2 hour to get tickets, clear security and get to the gate). They verified that the last agent had not completed our reservation in Lufthansa's system. They now instructed us to go to Swiss Air and get the same tickets since they were codeshare partners on the Lufthansa flight. While explaining that Swiss Air was where we started and on the other side of the airport, the announcement closing that flight was made. US Airways then stated they could do nothing until the next day's flight to get us out. I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor reiterated that nothing from Athens was available until the next day. I told her that I could see online that several flights were available to European gateway cities that morning, but was told that US Airways couldn't put me on those flights. She was more helpful when I offered to get us to any European gateway on my dime, but then told me that all the flights from London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Munich, etc. were full. My wife tried again and did reach someone that routed us to Paris and home on Air France. Air France was a welcome change and they actually worked to correct more US Airways problems created during re-booking us. I always thought the day would come where US Airways would turn the corner and become a great airline (and I've waited a long time), but I've officially lost interest in being around to see it.

US Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Ben Weeks    (USA)

I fly with US Airways a lot and they are average, nothing special. Flying from CLT-SAN we usually leave on time, a few minutes early even. But ever since they removed inflight entertainment on their domestic flights a 5 hour flight on an A320 is a little long. Make sure to bring your own things for movies and music, Airbus A320 was older, with some signs of age and grime on it, taffy stuffed into what used to be a power port on my armrest, 2 skittles stuck to the carpet under my seat, leather was worn as well. Cabin Crew were nice and attentive, drinks and snacks were average, though their marketplace meals are not as quality. Just a few days before our trip, US Airways changed our flight numbers and if I had not looked at the reservation again I might have been in a little trouble in finding the gate. If you don't like spending a lot of money try not to bring huge suitcases that need to be checked, as US Airways charges 25 extra dollars per bag each way. US Airways is an average airline, nothing very special.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J McTaggart    (USA)

I booked my trip through Orbitz. The trip was "must be there on time" type of trip. I was very pleased that check in was made easy to do online, I had no problems with baggage as I carried only 1 bag with me. We traveled from DFW to Charlotte, NC then onto Charleston, WV. The plan for the first leg of the trip was excellent my only critique would be on that 2nd leg of the trip, which was in a much smaller plane and the seats were pretty "snug". However we were on time the entire way there. On the way back our trip was delayed from leaving almost 2 hrs but there had been storms that had come through which had thrown many other flights off and I guess that was natures fault. All the staff was very friendly. They served only a beverage as our trips were short and I didn't mind. I would recommend us airways to anyone and look forward to flying with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Darren    (Canada)

Do not use this airline, especially out of YEG. I have never complained about a flight before. We had the exact experience with a cancelled flight from YEG to PHX as a previous post David had, because of crew members not showing up. This was a 6.20am flight and was cancelled while we were in line to board. US Airways were extremely rude in re-routing us, it was a take it or leave it proposal. And my experience continues to be horrible as I continue to deal with their customer service. Do not use this airline!

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Trevena Barry    (UK)

I have just returned from a holiday to Miami Florida which went from Heathrow and stopped in Charlotte. I wanted to write a review as I read others before I left and they were mostly all really bad so I was terrified about what to expect. I'm pleased to say I was more than pleasantly surprised by my travel experience. All flights left on time and were early arriving, we actually got back into Heathrow 45 minutes earlier than expected! Staff were pleasant, the flight was smooth and there was plenty of room in our seats, we all had our own touch screen TV with so many films to choose from it was excellent. Even the food was good, it was free on the transatlantic flight and we just bought our own snacks for the domestic flight, however, all flights had complimentary drinks which was more than I expected on the domestic ones. I have to say it's a shame for those that have had a bad experience but I want people to know that it a great airline to use and it will always be my first choice in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by F Clough    (UK)

Flight US735 Manchester to Philadelphia on 2nd August cancelled due to - you have guessed it - maintenance problems. Managed to fly out on Monday 4th missing a full 2 days of holiday. We will never fly with them again, perhaps we should have known, they even messed up the return booking after they changed our route back and failed to book our granddaughter with us, even though the flights had been "linked", they had a 7 year old flying on her own. The food was also inedible.

US Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by A Ross    (USA)

I paid extra to have shorter lay over times. Instead we were stuck on the San Juan airport for 5 hours because the plane was late and we missed our connecting flight. That was on the way to St Thomas. On our way home we were delayed again because they had maintenance problems. Sat in the airport another 3 hours, than 4 hours, then 5 hours before they finally got us on a plane.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Michelle Morland    (UK)

I have just returned from a holiday to Las Vegas which went from Glasgow & stopped in Philly. I wanted to write a review as I read others before I left and they were mostly all really bad so I was terrified about what to expect. I'm pleased to say I was more than pleasantly surprised by my travel experience. All flights left on time and were early arriving, we actually got back into Glasgow 45 minutes earlier than expected! Staff were pleasant, the flight was smooth and there was plenty of room in our seats. Even the food was good, it was free on the transatlantic flight and we just bought our own snacks for the domestic flight, however, all flights had complimentary drinks which was more than I expected on the domestic ones. I have to say it's a shame for those that have had a bad experience but I want people to know that it doesn't always have to be bad.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Egan    (USA)

Flight 614, Phoenix to Atlanta, was three times delayed. Instead of 9.50pm arrival on 9/1, we arrived at 3am on 9/2. In Phoenix, after we loaded and taxied out, a mechanical problem was encountered. We deplaned, and two hours later got a new plane. Although entire plane was loaded, we waited 45 minutes for the same two pilots to show up for this second aircraft. This plane finally pulled out of the gate about 7.20pm and after a short taxi, back into another gate to check an allegation of a supposed "bulging window seal" on an A320, which a passenger claimed to have seen. You cannot see window seals from the interior of the aircraft. This supposed mechanical problem, for which no repair measures were taken, prevented us from leaving Phoenix until 9pm, Pacific. It was a very unpleasant, seemingly unnecessary experience as to the allegations of mechanical trouble on the second plane and the pilot delay in simply arriving at the aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Phuong Tran    (USA)

I don't fly a lot but when I do I expect professional staff service. I have not have this issue with other carriers. Anyway, I just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach, NC. Our connecting flight from Charlotte to MB was delayed 45 minutes. The plane was just there. When the announcer made the call she didn't announce our boarding zone. We waited and had to get up there. We told her we didn't hear her calling the zone she rudely replied "ah I did". Gate c29 on Tuesday 3ish 8/26/14. On our way back at gate c10 from Charlotte to Phil on Friday at 8.05pm 8/29/14, the announcer mumbled and lots of passengers didn't understand what he was announcing. We didn't know our boarding zone was called. Both times we didn't get a proper update on the flight status at Charlotte.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

MUC-PHL-ORD on Sept 2. A330-200 from MUC - mechanical issue that delayed departure for almost 2 hours. They kept saying it would be 10 minutes but that stretched out every time. Once on board the flight was good - seat comfortable and good food. Great AVOD. Landed an hour late and ran through immigration and security to get to my ORD flight. A321 wasn't full - departed on time and sat on the runway for 2 hours due to a storm that came just as we were taken back to the terminal. Other planes were taking off so not sure if the reason they gave for the delay (air traffic couldn't route us around the storm) was honest. Landed 3 hours late in Chicago - crew was very friendly at least.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by John Gormley    (USA)

I was booked on a non stop flight from Philadelphia to Seattle. I arrived at the airport and was told that I was too late to check my baggage. They said I needed to be there 45 minutes before the flight departed and that I was 5 minutes too late. The woman at the desk was rude and uncooperative, saying that the policy says 45 minutes and I was late. I found another agent and she said all that she could do was put me on another flight leaving 10 minutes later, but it was not a non stop and I would get to sea title 5 hours later than the first flight. The policy I found online at their web site states you must be at the airport 30 minutes before your flight departs to check a bag. This is not the fist time I have had problems with US Airways since their take over by American but it will definitely be my last. I will never fly US Airways or American again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by K Harrison    (UK)

Travelled to Orlando via Philly and had a bad trip due to the incompetence of US Airways. Booked for a family of 6 (4 adults and 2 children 6 and 8) and was given split seats. I was told by the staff that we should ask the people who were in the seats next to some of us if they would move to let our family stay together. Got to Philly and heard a blurb over the tannoy so I went to the desk and asked about it and was abruptly told to wait. Asked again about sitting together only to be told the same thing again, at least that's standardisation for you. The return flight was worse with inconsiderate flight attendants, no back of the seat screen and again had to sort ourselves out with other families. I will never ever fly with US Airways again, abysmal company.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by U Kosecka    (Canada)

Trip from Rio to Toronto via US, Charlotte (US Airways hub). One plane was canceled without any information to passengers. Staff were rude and not accommodating. Difficult to believe that being in the hub, no other planes were available. It looks like their planes get a lot of mechanical problems. After my letter to airline requesting partial reimbursement for the ticket and meals during the 6 hrs of delay, I was offered credit/points, which I should use within one year. I am not planning to fly with US Airways anyway, so there credits/points are useless.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Callaly    (Ireland)

Against my better judgement, I used our compensation from our cancelled US Airways flights to SFO in summer 2013 to (partially) pay for flights to Florida this summer. On the way home to Dublin, Phil/Dub flights cancelled after 6 hours of zero info. Put on flights to Chicago the next day. Chicago/Dublin flight cancelled that night after 5 hours of zero information. I managed to book my family onto a 'decent' airline (Aer Lingus) and we made it onto a flight that night after lots of running between terminals. Two weeks later our bags have not arrived. I plan to drive to Dublin airport today and demand our bags back.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

ORD-PHL-MUC on August 28. A320 from ORD to PHL - departed early and landed early. Crew was very friendly and came through multiple times for trash pick up after their drink run. Connection was 2 hours to a full A330-200 to Munich. Boarding was well organized. Had aisle seat in front part of economy - seat comfort was good and AVOD was slow but great content. Flight attendants were not unfriendly but not super friendly. Chicken for dinner was yummy and filling. Landed 30 min early to Munich. Overall I was impressed with my first international trip on US Airways. And couldn't beat the fare - bought 5 days ahead at $700 round-trip.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Gribling    (USA)

The actual safety of the flight and the technical competence of the crew appears to be outstanding. But I would tell US Airways management that the customer service is only fair (C to a C-/D+). The flight attendants, appeared stressed and not really emitting a feeling that they were glad to have the customers aboard. The food was two meatballs and one broccoli spear. I know economy class should not whine but the meal looked so pitiful. The movie for my cross Atlantic flight (going and returning 2 weeks later was the "Muppet Movie"). The earphones that were passed out for the movie did not work and the advertised other entertainment channels were not working either. US Airways has so much potential.

US Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by T Joseph    (USA)

I was booked on a US Airways flight scheduled to depart from Philadelphia to Orlando at 6.50 am (that plane's first flight of the day). US Airways did not check and make sure that the plane was ready to go the previous night or earlier that morning, so we went through an endless list issues with the plane. About 6.5 hours after its scheduled departure time (including over 5 hours of being forced to stay on the plane), US Airways cancelled its flight and left us all to find another flight. By the time all the mechanical issues were finally resolved, there was bad weather in Orlando, so conveniently the US Airways records state that the flight was cancelled due to weather issues. If the flight had left on time, there would be no weather issues. Because they are now hanging their hat on the "weather issues," they have completely dismissed any responsibility they have for the numerous mechanical delays.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Jordan    (UK)

Return flights from Manchester (UK) - Charlotte (USA) - Las Vegas (USA). Very disappointed with these flights. OK, with the domestic flight you don't expect much. A seat, which was comfy enough and one or two drinks runs. Bog standard plane, no inflight entertainment and had to pay for wifi. Fine for the four hour domestic flight. Transatlantic though, different matter. On a Boeing 757. Same comfy seats (all seats were in the extra legroom section but the actual seats were the same in normal economy). Very dated entertainment as in TVs down the centre isle therefore no choice what to watch or when. No wifi on the planes either. Even if it was the same wifi as on the domestic flight it didn't give the chance to use streaming services such as netflix etc. The result? A very boring 10 hours on a plane. Food was OK, nothing special or bad, apart from the kids meal. We reserved one for our 5 year old in case the normal meal was a bit too adult for a kids palate. As it turned out, the normal meal would have been fine for ours. But the kids meal consisted of chicken nuggets or similar, potato croquettes and sweetcorn, followed by biscuits and grapes. Breakfast was a bagel with butter and jam. We had a lovely blueberry muffin. A bit of common sense would have been to keep the puddings and breakfasts the same throughout, just change the main meal to suit. Drinks runs were at the start and the end of the flight only. You had to call them in between.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Anderson Feng    (USA)

Booked over a month in advance for my wife and I. Then try to check in online the night before and they have us in different rows, both flights. When I called the agent said maybe because we have different names. Really? So even if you book at the same time they assume you are not together? First flight we were able to get seats together arranged by agent at front desk but connecting flight the flight crew told us to ask people in the seats if they would switch with us. Thankfully a passenger was more accommodating than the airline staff.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Scott    (USA)

My wife and I recently traveled from our home in South Carolina to San Francisco and back. The trip west was uneventful and Delta was fine. But the US Air flight from San Francisco to Charlotte NC at 1.05pm on Aug 13, 2014 we saw two attendants ahead of us but as only one taking boarding passes. There was a second attendant who was looking at everyone's carry-on bags. When my wife passed the boarding pass scanner, she rudely told my wife she couldn't board because she had three carry-on items - a purse, a book bag, and an envelope. She made my wife put the envelope into the book bag. I have no clue what made this US Air employee so spectacularly unable to deal with the public on this day, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Nearly every passenger on the plane about 190 of us, were commenting about the scene we had witnessed. And all felt the same as I. I flew the other half of my flight on Delta.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by David Bielli    (USA)

Business class BWI with transfer in Charlotte - LAX. First time I flew US Airways. On board service is ok, but would not pay for business class again. It is overpriced for the slightly larger seat. Food is ok. The real problem came when we arrived at 22.00 at LAX. We were off loaded and waited by the baggage claim. Luggage did not arrive until about 30-40 mins later. That would not be a big problem. The problem came when about 10 of us did not receive our luggage. The luggage belt kept going, but after about an hour it became obvious nothing else was going to come. I headed over to the luggage office and to my surprise the luggage was lined up to the other side by the entrance to the airport - you could have literally walked from outside, make two steps, take my luggage and leave and no one, not even cameras would see you come in. I approached the staff and raised my concern plus why did my suitcase not come the normal way. She proceeded to tell me it came on earlier flight. After asking why would they not inform us via PA system - she advised me there was no PA system they could use. I asked why could she not make the 1 min. trip and let us know and save us time and concern. She said "not my problem".

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by R Wharfe    (UK)

Manchester - Orlando via Philly, Orlando - Manchester via Charlotte. Outbound flight was ok on airbus A330, but food was terrible. The real fun began on the return flight. Having checked in (self service next to the desk), we discovered that although I had booked 3 seats together, US Airways had decided to seat me away from my wife and young daughter). When I asked the attendant if he could change my seat to where I booked next to my family he replied "oh but yours is a nice seat". I replied "ok, but I want to sit with my family as I had booked, so can you please arrange it" to which he replied "oh but yours is a nice seat". Eventually he said "sorry I cannot do anything you will have to ask them in Charlotte". Eventually the lady at the gate managed to change my seat for me for the 1st flight, but couldn't for the 2nd one and I would have to change it in Charlotte. Luckily the lady at the gate was sympathetic to my request and seated us all together for the Manchester flight. On boarding the flight (a 757 Aircraft) it was a very outdated plane for a transatlantic flight! The TV screens were down the aisles not in the back of the seats, and worse still, the one at the back where we were seated did not work for the entire flight. Again the food was very poor for the main meal, but that was nothing compared to breakfast! This consisted of a single warm small muffin/cake and a cup of coffee or tea. When I asked where the breakfast was they replied "that's it". If I had to rate this airline I would give it a 1 out of 10 at the very most. I will not be using US Airlines again for travelling to the USA anytime soon.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by David Tencer    (Canada)

August 13 2014. YEG to PHX flight booked for 6.20am departure. They do pre-board announcement about 6.00 but then immediately tell everyone to sit down and relax because crew not there yet. Then departure pushed back to 7.00am. No updates given and an hour later departure pushed back to 9.00am. Then 10.00am and now announce they will start trying to move people to other flights because still no idea when crew will arrive. Line up for 1/2 hour only to get to front and be told they are only re-accommodating people with connecting flights and since my final destination is PHX I have to wait because the plane will still be going, which I know by past experience with US Airways is unlikely. Then departure pushed back to 11 and a while later to 12pm when they finally mark it cancelled. So 2 hours in line now to get re-accommodated. By this time all other options for the day are full, best they can do is 2 days later! Rebook on another airline for next day. Never given explanation nor apology, they seem to delay cancellations as long as possible so people find other flights on their own and then don't need to give any compensation because flight not cancelled. Terrible airline, avoid at all costs.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by S Reilly    (Ireland)

We were due to fly Dublin - Charlotte - Orlando on 25th July. When we got to the airport our flight to Charlotte was delayed by 4 hours. Went to US Airways desk to mention we would miss our connection, she was so helpful and got us to Gatwick with Aer Lingus and onto Orlando with British Airways. Returning home on 8th Aug and we had no problems, Orlando to Charlotte on American Airlines and US Airways to Dublin. Having heard all the horrid reviews I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I found US Airways flight attendants so nice and the flight was lovely.

US Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by K Merve    (Ireland)

I flew from New York to Honolulu for my brother-in-law's wedding. My first flight was delayed first because the toilet was clogged, then because the breaks didn't work. The pilot made a nonchalant announcement 45 mins after we were stuck on the plane explaining the situation at last. We were delayed by 1.5 hrs and I missed my second flight from Phoenix to Honolulu. After speaking to many US Airways personnel who could not care less about me I managed to be rerouted through LA - that flight was also delayed by 1 hour due to an unexplained maintenance issue, I was stuck in LA for a night - they did not help me find a hotel even though I practically begged them, let alone pay for it. They didn't know where my luggage was. I took an American flight the next morning to HNL finding that my luggage was lost. It was found later in the day thanks to the AA staff at HNL airport. No US Airways personnel apologized, offered to help or bothered to do their job. On the contrary, they were rude, non-caring and certainly not sympathetic. Overall, a terrible experience.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by K Tarber    (USA)

We just flew back from vacation, connected in Charlotte on our way back to Cincinnati. We get to our gate only to be told there was a gate change from E3 to E 38. Meanwhile we hear several announcements of delays and gate changes due to maintenance. We finally get to the gate and our plane left 40 minutes late - while the flight board displays the flight leaving at the original time. Once we get on the plane, we inched along the runway for another 45 minutes before the pilot finally gave us an update. Meanwhile the flight attendant was welcoming us aboard US Airways Express - express, really. She proceeds to tell us that we must pay for snacks ranging from $3.50 to $7.00 for wine and beer. This is the third bad experience we have had with US Airways in the 3 times we have flown them. I am done!

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by M Domingue    (UK)

Our opinion of US Airways is that their customer service is poor and their organisation falls apart when planes are cancelled. On our flight out, US 722 from Dublin to Philadelphia the attitude of the US Airways Dublin check- in staff was somewhat aloof. The flight attendants were grumpy and did not appear to want to be doing their jobs. Our return flight from Philadelphia to Dublin went well until the captain ineptly described that they had a fault with the GPS and navigation systems, in that they did not agree. However, he described we would be OK as we were still over land and this would aid them to guide the plane back to Philadelphia. After 3 hours we were diverted to Philadelphia where we found that US Airways lacked in all areas of how to deal with this event. On landing the cabin crew simply said proceed to baggage terminal C where you will be accommodated. On arrival in Terminal C no clear instructions were given as to why to do next and there was no US Airways staff present who could organise the skeleton staff to help with everyone finding alternative flights. One staff member wandered around with a business card saying that you could go to the ticket desk or ring a number to make arrangements for other flights. However, not everyone got this card and we had to help some families who were not made aware of this. After 3 hours of telephone calls and waiting in a queue US Airways did find us alternative flights and accommodation, which was positive. However, the staff guiding us in the queues were extremely rude and the US Airways staff member aiding families in the taxi rank to get taxis was completely out of her depth in this job. At one point there were about 30 of us queuing, with a line a taxis waiting and a major argument between taxi drivers and staff. I honestly thought a few of the female passengers were going to break down in tears. Essentially our disappointment is not with the mechanical failure of the plane but in the very poor attitude of the US Airway staff and extremely poor leadership and organisation as soon we were left to our devices once the plane was returned to Philadelphia airport.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by A Dahlberg    (UK)

Tried to fly from Philadelphia to Bangor on 2 August. Waited over two hours for them to fix plane. They even boarded us and we taxied out to take off but they found yet another mechanical fault while we were on the runway. Returned and disembarked. Very rude ground crew. Flight then cancelled. Had to wait in a long line to be put on a new flight. Cabin crew from other flights dame and pushed in at the top of the line making our wait even longer! Could not believe how rude they were. Even though Philadelphia is a hub for them and the flight was fully booked they could not find an alternative aircraft. And lots seemed to be sitting around going nowhere. We took a flight to Boston. Very rude woman at the gate looked at my BA Silver card and yelled - You are not preferred customers! She did not even know who US Airways partner airlines are. We arrived in Boston on a plane with broken toilets. None working in Economy. There is always something broken on a US Airways plane. Our bags were sent to Bagnor. So we had to spend a night sleeping in our clothes and then drive out of our way to Bangor airport to collect them next day. I have never had a flight with this airline where the plane took off on time and everything on board worked. Many flights were cancelled. Even long distance ones from London. I will go out of my to never travel with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by L Fukuda    (USA)

The weather was clear on July 4 2014. In fact, US Air flight next to us was leaving for Los Angeles without any delay. Our flight (#1836) was cancelled due to "crew unavailable" and not due to weather. The "crew unavailable" referred only to the pilot. The flight attendants for this flight were all there ready at the door waiting to board. Before the flight was cancelled, the announcement stated that we were "just waiting for the pilot". US air claimed that this could be due to a domino effect of an inbound flight not arriving on time. I would agree with them that it would be difficult to find a whole flight crews, but in this case, we were only waiting for the pilot. This situation was not due to an unforeseen circumstance, yet they blame the weather for their mismanagement. They should have a stand by pilot for this situation. I consider myself a seasoned traveler and this is not my first time encountering flight delay or cancellation. Other airlines had not only provided me with an overnight stay at a nearby hotel, but also had a bus ready to shuttle all the passenger to the hotel and provided us with an overnight kit. You have a choice, you don't have to put up with US air mismanagement and constant delay.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by J Peterson    (USA)

I flew from Chicago to Philadelphia to Tel Aviv and back the same way. Overall, this was a great experience. Checking in was quick and punctual, even with Israel's necessary added security. Flights left in a timely fashion. Flight attendants were nice enough. On the 12.5 hr flight back from Tel Aviv, we received 2 meals that were surprisingly good, plus they came around with free beverages 3 times, plus made regular trash runs. Inflight entertainment system also allowed you to see your trip progress, though you had to push a little hard to select things. If that's your only complaint, it's a good entertainment system. The Airbus A330-200s were smooth and quiet, as were the A320-200s. My only complaint was the difficulty sleeping/seat comfort, but I'm 6'7" so it was expected. It was the most comfortable flight I've been on. Overall, it was a great experience, and I'd gladly fly with US Airways again as long as the prices remain competitive. In everything that's actually consistent and important, US Airways surpassed expectations.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by D Prager    (USA)

I flew from Las Vegas to Salisbury (Maryland). It was supposed to be a quick weekend trip. All I had was a small carry on and personal bag. They ran out of over head room and I had to check my suitcase in. I figured I would get it back once I reached Philly for my layover. They actually checked it in. Did not bother to tell anyone this. To make matters worse my connecting flight was delayed. Overall flight going was bearable despite the inconveniences. Returning however a whole other story. I arrived at the tiny airport an hour before the security check point was open. After getting through security with the 30 other passengers we waited about 20 minutes extra. We all board in an efficient manner. About 1/2 of us had to check in our small pieces of luggage because the plane was too small for it to be true carry on. So we board and are ready to take off. The pilot arrived, we waited 15 minutes before taking off. I have 64 minutes of a layover. We get near philly and have to circle around then land. After landing we sit on the tarmac for 5 minutes in 2 different spots. I have less than 15 minutes to get to my gate. We deplane and wait for the ground crew to unload the "carry on" luggage. They move with no purpose. Most of the fight has less than 20 minutes to catch their next flight. I get my bag. No fault to the airline, but my connecting flight is out of a different gate and I have to take a shuttle there. This trip takes about 7 minutes. I see my plane at the gate. By the time I got to the gate the plane was pulling away. After all of this the next day my flight took off about 45 minutes behind schedule. I had a horrible experience all around nor did the airline seem to b remorseful for the 12 hour inconvenience.

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by G Smith    (UK)

US0785 and US2888. 28th July 2014. Edinburgh to Philadelphia / Philadelphia to Cleveland. What a terrible airline. The staff are ignorant and unfriendly, the aeroplanes are old and dated looking. I used this airline via 4 separate flights within 1 week and I will never do it again! Even the US Airways ground staff were ignorant and unhelpful. I missed my connecting flight due to standing at Customs (Philly) for 2 hrs and the plane was still at the gate when I finally arrived. However, they then told us that the flight was oversold anyway! Then shoved onto standby for the next 2 flights only to be told that they were full and to come back the next morning. The staff were hopeless! I had to pay for my own hotel room and not even so much as a sorry!

US Airways Customer review :  8 August 2014 by Pothos George    (Greece)

The plane bound from Athens Greece to Philadelphia Pennsylvania broke down and we waited in the plane for an hour and a half. In Philadelphia I went through customs like clock work. I dropped my baggage off for my connecting flight to Chicago and here is where the problems started. My baggage got on another flight and not with mine. At Chicago I rushed to get the baggage so I could catch the next coach to my final destination of South Bend, IN regional airport, where I was to pick up a rental car. This was not the case. Ground staff of US Airways gave me the run around for two hours plus. Finally consulting with the ground security, I asked kindly if the staff could check their computer and locate my baggage. The ground staff told me my baggage would arrive after 9pm, by which time I would have lost the last coach to Indiana. I told them to forward my baggage to my motel the next day. My baggage came after three days and a long struggle.

US Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by S Chapman    (Mexico)

US Airways 502 and 1836 on July 21st 2014. Having read the reviews on this site, I became quite nervous about flying with US Airways! What were they going to do to me? To my luggage? What lies would they make up? So, happy to say I had a completely non-eventful, perfectly normal flight with pleasant flight attendants, punctual timing, useful information, and all my baggage arriving on time and in good condition. Better legroom than some airlines I've been on. Helpful, friendly people all through. Twice we were served beverages - no food, so that might be my only gripe, but it's a small one really. I think it's important to write a review even when things go well, to counteract all the bad ones on here. Flight from Mexico City to Las Vegas via Phoenix.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Davis    (USA)

BWI to CLT. Gate agents and flight crew provided conflicting information to passengers causing unnecessary confusion on multiple accounts and required zone 5 boarding passengers to gate check carry-on bags containing electronics when ample overhead bin space was indeed available. As a frequent flyer, I have watched as this carrier has gone way downhill since the unfortunate merger with American. I hope to be able to avoid them as much as possible in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Ronilla Ernest    (USA)

IAH to BWI - 7/26/14. I was forced to check-in my small carry-on bag at the gate. I am allowed to carry a personal item and a small carry-on bag and I had packed accordingly. I had my important financial documents and laptop in my carry-on. The agents at the gate were very rude and inflexible and I was forced to take out my laptop and the binder full of financial documents and carry them on the plane and they checked-in my almost empty suitcase! To make matters worse I got on the plane and discovered that the overhead bins all around my seat were empty. I have been flying for a long time and this has never happened with any other airline. I did not appreciate being forced into a situation with no options and being told by the agent at the gate to look for another flight if I did not check-in my bag. The staff need training in customer service. If my ticket states I am allowed to carry a small carry-on bag into the plane and there is room on the plane, then there is no reason to be forced to check my bag. Incidentally, this is the second time I had a bad experience with US Airways. A few years ago another rude gate agent yelled at me for carrying a bag for my husband who was on crutches! The agent insisted that my husband had to carry his own bag even though he is on crutches. Needless to say I will not be flying US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by P Garvey    (USA)

July 4th 2014. Flight cancelled from PHX to FLL, no reason given. We were there 3 hrs early after driving 2.5 hrs. Rescheduled to 1.30am PHX to Charlotte, North Carolina. Plane left 1 hr late, 1 flight steward for 1st class. I am disabled, can't run for connecting flight from Gate A11 to B9, husband flags tram, make flight to Miami with a minute to spare. Bags do not make flight. Get bags in FLL hotel at midnight.

US Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Ciotti    (USA)

My family and I flew from PHL to Rome, Italy. Our 2 year old son has a severe peanut allergy. I called in advance to ask if I could board early to clean his seat, and if they could make an announcement regarding the allergy. I do not expect anyone to change their eating habits, we just wanted to make those immediately around us aware. I was told on the phone it is up to the individual crew the day of our flight. When we boarded the plane, I asked a member of the crew. She said she would check. As I was seated, a flight attendant came up to me and said in a condescending tone, "It is our policy that we do not make any exceptions for those with food allergies. We cannot guarantee anything, and we do not make announcements. We do not serve peanuts, but other people can eat what they want." We just informed the people directly around us and they were more than understanding. The staff were just rude in general. My mother-in-law got up to get something that fell on the floor for my daughter. The flight attendant barked at her to move. She said, "Move, we are coming through with the cart." Where is common courtesy? When they came around with the beverage cart, they merely said, "Drink"? At first we gave the airline the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was only this crew. On our return to PHL, the crew was worse. We didn't ask them to make an announcement, as we knew the response would be the same. We did, however, inform the flight attendant of our son's allergy. During the flight, I came out of the bathroom to notice that a woman was dipping her pretzels in peanut butter. I calmly asked the flight attendant if I could move away because of the peanut butter. She looked at me and said, "What do you want me to do"? I said, "I cannot stand here with him for long." She scoffed and said facetiously to her partner, " We need to move, because this kid has an allergy." I should also note that the company said it does not serve peanuts or peanut products on the plane: however, the pretzels handed to everyone were from "King Nuts." The package clearly stated that it may contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts. Clearly US Airways does not recognize the severity of the allergy.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Sorensen    (USA)

June 21-22 2014, HNL-TPA by way of PHX. First Class. First leg fine, nice crew, comfy seat, decent meal. Second leg - not so much! Almost 4 hour flight, landing in TPA at 6.30 am - breakfast should have been served but all we got was a teeny bag of not very good pretzels. When questioned about this shabby treatment, US customer relations (first time around) said that no meal should have been served. Upon a second communication they said, sorry, yes - breakfast should have been served. Their solution was to offer a small voucher (which expires in a year) toward a future US flight, which is completely useless to me as my travel plans for the coming year are already in place. They feel this represents some kind of value and is acceptable as reparation for the shabby treatment. The seats were uncomfortable, they had a built in pillow which prevents you from putting your head back. It is not removable. So if you book first class on US, make sure you find out what you're paying for - you may not be getting much. They have lost this customer.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Smith    (USA)

I purchased a flight with American Airline to fly from Miami to New Orleans on July 3-7. They changed my flight to US Air, but didn't inform me until one week before flight. I paid for upgrade seats but it was not transferred over. Now what really bother me was my return trip home from New Orleans, well I didn't get back until a day later. Both airlines seemed to simply want to place blame on each other when they should be working together on rescheduling flights when they cancel them. American whom I booked with originally were of absolutely no use to me once they changed me to a US Air flight. Though it took many back and forth trips between the two companies finally a supervisor with US Air, provided me with some assistance in getting me booked on another flight to fly out a day later. It's ridiculous that it would take me 4 hours in the airport to get rescheduled, when I checked in well in advance (4hours) after my flight was canceled. I should not have needed a supervisor to get my flight rescheduled, all agents should be able to do it. I went through 5 agents between AA and US Air, and none were helpful. When airlines join forces to become one company, they should be operating as one not passing the buck and blame between each other.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Jewell    (USA)

Flying out of Shannon, Ireland we arrive at the airport to discover our flight to Philly has been cancelled. The flight was canceled the previous day. "Mechanical issues". At least we get a night in a hotel w/meals. The next day we get out of Ireland to Philly - board for next connection, only to sit on tarmac. Pilot tells us there is bad weather in Charlotte. Once we take off, pilot gets on intercom to ask flight crew to stay seated through the flight due to turbulence. In 1st class, drinks and food being served throughout the flight, no turbulence encountered. This is all suspicious to us as on our flight out of the U.S. we got delayed on the tarmac until the crew timed out, thank goodness Delta helped us get us out! I think the canceled flight from Shannon was actually a case of USAir wanting to fly a fuller plane.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by R Setzer    (USA)

I was taking two US Airways flights on my return trip from a cruise, Miami to Charlotte (their hub) and then Charlotte to Dayton Ohio. I waited in Miami airport all afternoon for my evening flight and it wasn't until it was about boarding time that they updated the flight boards to show the plane was delayed. They started calling people up to try to get them on different flights but by that time it was too late for me to get on another good connecting flight. The gate agent couldn't find any other good connections except for the flight from Charlotte to Dayton that wouldn't leave again until the next morning. The Miami to Charlotte flight ended up being 1.5 hrs late due to mechanical issues. We quickly boarded as just about everyone had a connecting flight that night. Staff onboard were rude and terse with everybody. They could have at least given us some empathy and info on where to go inside their hub to get new connecting flights, but they didn't. Once we finally landed and everybody got up to leave, then they finally announced that all the connecting flights for the evening have already left. I got in line at their customer service desk and heard them repeating the same things like robots: "no vouchers" "due to weather" "we can't help you." Mind you we were told it was mechanical issues in Miami and now they were claiming it was the weather. I was lucky that I managed to get a hotel voucher after the lady next to me pressed the issue, but I don't know if anyone else got one and made my way back to the airport in the morning. This whole ordeal taught me to never fly US Airways again and always pack enough stuff in your carry on to last a night in an airport if it ever gets delayed.

US Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Thompson    (USA)

Extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication with US airways. Got to Charlotte for my flight to Nashville and the plane was delayed 30 minutes because we didn't have a pilot who could get here on time. The flight was delayed another 2 hours as the pilot, who supposedly was supposed to be flying us the entire time was just now leaving Chicago to come and get us. Then the flight attendants left. We had no crew and pretty sure there was no pilot for this flight to begin with. Will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Paul Scharr    (USA)

BOS to ONT with a tight Connection in PHX. Due to weather, sat on the tarmac in Boston for an hour, jeopardizing PHX connection. Flight crew announced that they know many passengers have connections in PHX, so upon arrival, please let these passengers out first. I ask the flight attendant if they have any specific info on the connector flights (no access to any information). We arrive at the gate, the people get ready to run. Then they announce, don't bother - all flights have left - go directly to the customer service area for instructions. I deplane, check the board, and see that my flight has also been delayed. I run and get to the gate just in time. I had upgraded to first class, but they told me I lost my seat. They give me my new coach seat and I board. I was pleasantly surprised that my bag did make it on my plane.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Debra Miller    (USA)

I have never flown US Airways before and I never will again! Their customer service is well, there is no customer service! We arrived to the airport after confirming that our flight was on time, only to find that our flight was delayed 2 hours to Phoenix. It was supposed to be the first leg of our Anniversary trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We finally got on the plane and of course our next flight out of Phoenix left without us. There were no planes to Puerto Vallarta that day. The agent gave us a number to call to get a hotel either for free or for a discount, and neither were true. We spent the night in Phoenix when we should have been in Mexico. We upgraded to first class to make up for the disaster and made it to PV just fine. We thought that the return trip couldn't be bad but we pulled away from the terminal and sat on the runway for 30 minutes, had to go back to the terminal and wait an additional 1.5 hrs on the plane before take off! The delay was blamed on communication / paperwork issues with the PV airport. No extra drinks. Meanwhile we had a connecting flight out of Phoenix and visions of the same thing happening all over again played in our heads. Luckily our connecting flight was delayed so as we reassess through immigration to, customs to picking up our bags and running to the gate, we made it home.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Angela Smith    (USA)

I took USAir to Hawaii from St Louis and it was horrible. The planes are so small and I was so cramped. They didn't offer anything to eat on a 6 hour flight and when they did offer something to drink it was one time because they ran out of drinks. The staff was not any better, they seemed to hate their jobs. Then the movie was the same going there and back and I could only see half the screen because the roof was in the way. The headphones didn't work well.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Lotze    (USA)

No entertainment on a 6 hour flight, staff at PHL airport are rude and knowledgeable. The airplane looked like it was built in 1950, and the crew were so unhelpful and rude. we paid over $680pp for RT tickets to PHL from LAX. They told me they had no more food, then I watched them serve food to a woman who asked 30 minutes later.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

PHL-FLL in First, booked with British Airways Avios miles. I had very low expectations for this flight, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a friendly crew, clean business class sized seats, and priority treatment for my luggage upon our on-time arrival to FLL. Although no meal was offered, FA's came around multiple times offering snacks, and followed up with me throughout the flight on alcoholic drink refills. I'm not sure if this service is worth paying full price for, as it does not come with lounge access, and you have to pay for use of in-flight wifi, which I think is inappropriate for a first-class experience. That being said, the seats are much better that BA's Club Europe product, where you are provided with the same seats as in economy but with the middle seat blocked off.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Christopher R Turgeon    (USA)

US Airways are inefficient and uncooperative. I left New Orleans at 9 am to insure that I would be in NYC in time for a Broadway show tonight. They canceled my connecting flight within thirty minutes of departure, and they did not get me on a flight in time. They were not helpful in any way and their terminal was filthy.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

FLL-PHL in economy. I flew down to FLL in first and had low expectations for economy, but was once again pleasantly surprised. FA's well groomed and very polite, clean cabin and restrooms throughout the flight, and an on-time arrival despite numerous thunderstorms in our way. I hope this is the norm and not the exception, and I hope that the merger with AA does not change things for the worse. All that being said, it would have been nice to have some in-flight entertainment - none is provided on US Airways domestic.

US Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Aaron Agmata    (USA)

6/24/14 on a round trip from Honolulu to Denver. I arrived at HNL airport before the recommended 2 hour time prior to take off. Upon my arrival I noticed that the plane was already at the gate. They loaded the first group of passengers and then the gate personnel said that there was a problem with the air conditioning so everyone had to deplane. This plane was at the gate for over 2 hours and no one noticed that the AC was out? We finally take off 1.5 hrs late. We arrived at Phoenix and I had to run to my next connection gate. I barely made my connection flight to Denver, but my carry-on which I was told to check at the gate because there was no room on the plane did not make it. My return trip back to Honolulu was even worse. Again I got to the airport 2 hours prior to boarding. A plane was at the gate but the gate agent told me that it wasn't my flight. The gate agent assured me that this would be the gate for boarding. Half hour prior to boarding the gate agent tells everyone that we need to switch gates then we had to wait another half hour for another plane to taxi out of the gate. When my flight finally arrived at the gate it was discovered that one of the rear emergency masks was faulty. Again we have to wait. We are finally allowed to board on the plane a half hour after the scheduled boarding time to wait another two hours to take off. First the pilot says they have to refuel then we couldn't take off because of weather. This caused me to miss my connection flight to Honolulu from Phoenix. While I was waiting to take off I get an email from US Airways that due to the delay and me missing my connection flight I was being moved to another flight connecting from PHX to LAX and then to HNL but the flight wasn't until the next day and no mention of them paying for a place for me to stay. My wife was able to convince an agent to put me on an American Air flight that would get me back to Hawaii on that day. I will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Jodrey Heather    (Canada)

My experience has been terrible and is yet to be over. My flight was cancelled due to weather which is not unreasonable. They (US Air customer service) set me up for a stand by flight the next day - I go to gate and even though I have a boarding pass, they have no record of me so I am up to the bottom of the list and I did not get a seat - even though in discussing things with the other 3 stand by passengers, I was in fact on stand by first. All three of them got a seat. Then they book me the next day to go to NY and take a Delta Connector. This time customer service does it wrong and I have no reservation on Delta and am now sitting in NY with no place to go. I am now 2 nights and 3 days into my delay. So they send me back to Philly from NY to get on an 8.40 flight that is oversold tonight. Who knows what will happen at 8.40!

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by L Connelly    (USA)

July 2 flight from Philadelphia to Detroit cancelled after it was boarded. We noticed it was half full. At first no reason given by the crew. Upon talking to the ticket agent the reason given was because of storms in the area. Funny thing my daughters flight same day same time to Washington DC heading straight into the east coast hurricane got off. We were only given a voucher for reduced hotel rate and told it was an "act of God". Will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Reid John    (USA)

I've been flying for more than 24 years in and outside the United States. I have never flown US Airways before but did it because it's the only available flight for a last minute flight. My flight was 20 minute delayed from Portland, our plane landed in Phoenix and had 20 mins to spare to get on my next flight to Milwaukee, however I missed my connecting flight. The man next to me said he was there 15 minutes early and the door was already shut. US Airways knows when their plane touch down and no way they should shut the doors unless they oversold their tickets on a regular basis. I felt so bad for the staff that they have to go through all this chaos of passengers missing their connecting flights. This is absolutely the worst airline I've ever flown. They knew that they overbooked, why would you close the door when you still have 15 minutes before the flight takes off. I feel bad for others who likes to fly cheap and they think they are getting a great deal.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Tony Halsall    (UK)

Something has happened to US Airways in the last couple of months that has affected the moral and attitude of staff. I make a three leg trip Manchester - Ohio - Florida - Manchester four times a year and have done for the last two or three years without issue until this last flight. 1) Baggage issues with the intermediate leg. US Airways computers do not register that the intermediate leg is part of a international journey and so flag up a checked baggage fee. Normally, someone is on hand to over-rule the glitch and apply the correct code but this relies on the staff wanting to be helpful. I was treated outrageously by the so called supervisor in Cleveland last week and rather than argue the point any further i just paid and walked away so as not to cause delays to waiting passengers behind me. 2) The latest return leg to Manchester was the worst display of cabin crew attitude that I have ever experienced. Lying about a row of empty seats and saying they were empty for weight and balance issues when in fact they were subsequently used for the cabin crew to sleep on. Also to be refused a top up of wine with the meal (they were slow delivering the meal) but offering to sell me a $7 bottle instead was just pathetic. It was my intention to spend $200 or so on duty free gifts as I normally do but on this occasion - I decided not to.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by D Stockamp    (USA)

My experience, and that of numerous other passengers that I spoke with, is that US Airways has an unacceptable rate of delays, missed connecting flights and cancellations that is caused primarily by their failure to schedule appropriately. We had not mechanical issues or weather delays, but our airplane left 25-30 minutes late from a small airport in Bangor Maine (i.e. not a lot of airport traffic either). I arrived at my connecting flight in Philadelphia to watch the doors close and the plane depart, but absolutely no effort was made to have the plane wait an extra 5-10 minutes for the passengers that had just landed. In fact, there wasn't even a US Airways representative at the gate to speak with. In addition, if you miss a flight and have to stay overnight, you should not expect any assistance from US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Fogler    (USA)

My first flight was late. I ran across the airport to make my connection. They are supposed to close the gate ten minutes before and I made it with four minutes to spare. They had closed the door early and wouldn't let me through. There is nothing more frustrating than to watch people boarding the plane you are supposed to be on. The attendants were rude and no one wanted to help. There was a disabled lady who had also missed because she needed transportation help and they got her there late. No one would help her either which I thought was just wrong. The attendants couldn't have cared less. They wouldn't even acknowledge we were there. The other lady was stranded and couldn't even get anyone to call someone to come get her. I don't know, maybe I was supposed to get mad and ugly, but that has never been me and it shouldn't be necessary to get someone to show you courtesy.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Mike Kell    (USA)

Flight after flight, last night (26 June 14) late in the evening was being cancelled at Philadelphia, all for "mechanical reasons." Are they having labor problems? US Airways counter staff unhelpful in getting me to RDU for important presentation Friday morning, said there was no excess capacity and it could be up to a day before I got home. American Airlines Platinum desk was able to get me on an eatlier flight that had been delayed for so long for "mechanical reasons" that it was still in Philly. I got on and after another hour, finally left. So my delay was cured by someone else's.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Neil Trachtenberg    (USA)

A most uncomfortable experience. Flew from Maui to Sky Harbor, Phoenix. The crew cabin crew were inattentive and disinterested. For a five and a half hour flight thru the night they had one beverage run. Did not return after some 4 hours to offer even water. We traveled with two 13 year old granddaughters who were in a different part of the cabin. My wife attempted to alert a flight attendant that they were alone and to let us know if the needed anything and was bruskly brushed off. There was no announcement about the impending landing until the last moment. There was overall a very uncaring attitude which make me feel like a worthless commodity. I am an experienced traveler but this stands out as the worst flight I have experienced.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Anne Burns    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Philadelphia - only direct flights there are. I think another time I'll go via Heathrow and travel BA, where at least there will be some service. Cabin crew were slovenly and disinterested and spent most of the flight telling each other how tired they were and one chewed gum the entire journey. Food was disgusting and the entertainment consoles are a joke, totally unresponsive and you nearly break a finger prodding at the screen to try and get it to do something. Dreadful.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Andrew Vine    (UK)

Flight 734 from Philadelphia to Manchester UK cancelled 40 mins before take-off due to "maintenance". Staff unhelpful, one leaving customers to go home. Next days flights started with a two hour delay due to air-con problems. Inflight cabin crew surly and nearly threw food at us. No interaction with passengers. Cheap but not cheerful. Its the last time we will use US Airways. I'd rather pay a bit more to get a reliable and customer friendly service. In summary an awful experience.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by T Emery    (USA)

After an 8 hour flight from Dublin, we arrived in Charlotte just after noon, we had an 8 hour layover in Charlotte until our final flight to Virginia, I realized that then that there were seats available for an earlier flight to VA at 2.30, so I went to the customer service desk, where no one was in line, there were 3 US airways staff at the desk. The first of the 3 looked put off because I apparently interrupted her conversation with her co-workers. I asked her if I could the 2.30 flight and she informed me she could for a 75 dollar per person seat reservation. I gave in and paid, and gave her our baggage tickets, I asked her will our bags be there with us when we land? She said that by paying the 150$ our bags were guaranteed to be there when we land. We landed. No bags. So I went to the US Airways desk in Newport News, where there were five other customers who had issues with bags, we waited for over an hour while the front desk phone rang and rang and rang, until finally someone came out. Only to be told that she didn't have the key to look in the lost baggage area, she said she'd be right back, (never came back). Finally someone came to help, my bags never left Charlotte. I'll never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by B Murray    (USA)

I had read horrible reviews about U.S Airways while planning my trip, so I specifically went to American Airlines website, paid $100 more for my tickets, and booked my flight through American Airlines. I received all my email confirmations from American Airlines. When I arrived at the airport, I went to American Airlines check in, they tell me they don't have that flight. In very small print at the bottom of my confirmation it said U.S. Airways. I went over to the U.S. Airways check in counter to check my bag. I was flying with a firearm so they have to inspect it. My flight was set to leave at 7.45 am. While sitting at the gate waiting, you could see they were working on our plane. Then came time to board and they told us it would be just a little while longer. They finally started boarding us at 8.00 am. At 9.00 we were still sitting on the runway waiting on mechanics, at 9.30 they deboarded us from the plane and said it would be about 10.30 am before we departed. Sat at the gate area and at 11.30 they cancelled our flight. They gave everyone a card with a phone number to call to get on another flight. I called and got on an 8.45 pm flight that night. I sat at the airport for 16.5 hours waiting for the next flight to leave, at 5.30 I got a phone call from U.S Airways saying the flight would be delayed until 9.30 pm. When I got to the gate it was pushed back to 9.50 pm. Finally after much hesitation, I had to call and take myself off the flight and find my luggage. When I looked up that flight later, it did not actually leave until 10.45 pm. When I went to go claim my luggage, after about 30 minutes of not being able to locate it, they discovered it was in Phoenix. It apparently made it on an earlier flight that it was not tagged for. I finally got it back at 8.30 pm the following evening.

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by K Michaels    (USA)

Some friends and I booked flights from Nashville to St. Thomas. From there, we were to take a cab to a ferry to Marina Cay. Lo and behold, our flight was delayed due to maintenance. This caused us to miss the last ferry out, resulting in a hotel stay in St. Thomas. As if that were not bad enough. one week later, on our way back to the US, we arrived at the St. Thomas airport three hours early for our flight. None of the kiosks worked to check in, and there wasn't a single employee working. Luckily we had so much time. The passengers flying out on an earlier flight, had experienced much worse panic when they were unable to check in to their flight that was leaving in less than an hour. Once all eight employees arrived at the same exact time, we waited in a ridiculous long line of frustrated people. Happy to finally get to our gate, we learned that our flight was delayed due to maintenance, again!

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Lewis    (USA)

Airplane itself seemed newer than the planes I have been on in the past (I usually fly Delta). But after a 10 hour flight from Rome to Charlotte, we arrive to find out flight to Tallahassee was cancelled. The customer service person was polite, but kept getting distracted as she rebooked us on a Delta flight to get us home 4 hours later than originally planned. Our luggage made it the next day. I started researching and find out that cancelled flights are a frequent problem on US Airways. Don't fly them if you want to get where you are going on time!

US Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Douglas Janes    (Canada)

US Airways now stoops to lying. Boarding my flight today, I had to sit through the usual nonsense announcements that the flight is fully booked and overhead luggage storage is limited, so customers should come up to the podium to check their bags. In the past, I have ignored these pleas, and I have not had a problem. I never check my baggage if I can help it, because the best case is that you waste 30 to 45 minutes at your destination, waiting for your bags to come down the carrousel. Worst case, the airline loses your baggage or locks it up and leaves for the day, because you make the mistake of going to the washroom before going to the carrousel. Today, US Airways didn't achieve their quota of checked baggage, so they decided to step it up a notch and report that one passenger has already come to the front of the airplane to check his baggage, because the overhead storage is completely full, so I dutifully went to the podium to check my bag. What do I find when I board the plane? Lots of available overhead storage. I am completely incensed at this behaviour and will not fly US Airways again if I can help it.