US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Paul Scharr    (USA)

BOS to ONT with a tight Connection in PHX. Due to weather, sat on the tarmac in Boston for an hour, jeopardizing PHX connection. Flight crew announced that they know many passengers have connections in PHX, so upon arrival, please let these passengers out first. I ask the flight attendant if they have any specific info on the connector flights (no access to any information). We arrive at the gate, the people get ready to run. Then they announce, don't bother - all flights have left - go directly to the customer service area for instructions. I deplane, check the board, and see that my flight has also been delayed. I run and get to the gate just in time. I had upgraded to first class, but they told me I lost my seat. They give me my new coach seat and I board. I was pleasantly surprised that my bag did make it on my plane.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Debra Miller    (USA)

I have never flown US Airways before and I never will again! Their customer service is well, there is no customer service! We arrived to the airport after confirming that our flight was on time, only to find that our flight was delayed 2 hours to Phoenix. It was supposed to be the first leg of our Anniversary trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We finally got on the plane and of course our next flight out of Phoenix left without us. There were no planes to Puerto Vallarta that day. The agent gave us a number to call to get a hotel either for free or for a discount, and neither were true. We spent the night in Phoenix when we should have been in Mexico. We upgraded to first class to make up for the disaster and made it to PV just fine. We thought that the return trip couldn't be bad but we pulled away from the terminal and sat on the runway for 30 minutes, had to go back to the terminal and wait an additional 1.5 hrs on the plane before take off! The delay was blamed on communication / paperwork issues with the PV airport. No extra drinks. Meanwhile we had a connecting flight out of Phoenix and visions of the same thing happening all over again played in our heads. Luckily our connecting flight was delayed so as we reassess through immigration to, customs to picking up our bags and running to the gate, we made it home.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Angela Smith    (USA)

I took USAir to Hawaii from St Louis and it was horrible. The planes are so small and I was so cramped. They didn't offer anything to eat on a 6 hour flight and when they did offer something to drink it was one time because they ran out of drinks. The staff was not any better, they seemed to hate their jobs. Then the movie was the same going there and back and I could only see half the screen because the roof was in the way. The headphones didn't work well.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Lotze    (USA)

No entertainment on a 6 hour flight, staff at PHL airport are rude and knowledgeable. The airplane looked like it was built in 1950, and the crew were so unhelpful and rude. we paid over $680pp for RT tickets to PHL from LAX. They told me they had no more food, then I watched them serve food to a woman who asked 30 minutes later.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

PHL-FLL in First, booked with British Airways Avios miles. I had very low expectations for this flight, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a friendly crew, clean business class sized seats, and priority treatment for my luggage upon our on-time arrival to FLL. Although no meal was offered, FA's came around multiple times offering snacks, and followed up with me throughout the flight on alcoholic drink refills. I'm not sure if this service is worth paying full price for, as it does not come with lounge access, and you have to pay for use of in-flight wifi, which I think is inappropriate for a first-class experience. That being said, the seats are much better that BA's Club Europe product, where you are provided with the same seats as in economy but with the middle seat blocked off.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Christopher R Turgeon    (USA)

US Airways are inefficient and uncooperative. I left New Orleans at 9 am to insure that I would be in NYC in time for a Broadway show tonight. They canceled my connecting flight within thirty minutes of departure, and they did not get me on a flight in time. They were not helpful in any way and their terminal was filthy.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

FLL-PHL in economy. I flew down to FLL in first and had low expectations for economy, but was once again pleasantly surprised. FA's well groomed and very polite, clean cabin and restrooms throughout the flight, and an on-time arrival despite numerous thunderstorms in our way. I hope this is the norm and not the exception, and I hope that the merger with AA does not change things for the worse. All that being said, it would have been nice to have some in-flight entertainment - none is provided on US Airways domestic.

US Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Aaron Agmata    (USA)

6/24/14 on a round trip from Honolulu to Denver. I arrived at HNL airport before the recommended 2 hour time prior to take off. Upon my arrival I noticed that the plane was already at the gate. They loaded the first group of passengers and then the gate personnel said that there was a problem with the air conditioning so everyone had to deplane. This plane was at the gate for over 2 hours and no one noticed that the AC was out? We finally take off 1.5 hrs late. We arrived at Phoenix and I had to run to my next connection gate. I barely made my connection flight to Denver, but my carry-on which I was told to check at the gate because there was no room on the plane did not make it. My return trip back to Honolulu was even worse. Again I got to the airport 2 hours prior to boarding. A plane was at the gate but the gate agent told me that it wasn't my flight. The gate agent assured me that this would be the gate for boarding. Half hour prior to boarding the gate agent tells everyone that we need to switch gates then we had to wait another half hour for another plane to taxi out of the gate. When my flight finally arrived at the gate it was discovered that one of the rear emergency masks was faulty. Again we have to wait. We are finally allowed to board on the plane a half hour after the scheduled boarding time to wait another two hours to take off. First the pilot says they have to refuel then we couldn't take off because of weather. This caused me to miss my connection flight to Honolulu from Phoenix. While I was waiting to take off I get an email from US Airways that due to the delay and me missing my connection flight I was being moved to another flight connecting from PHX to LAX and then to HNL but the flight wasn't until the next day and no mention of them paying for a place for me to stay. My wife was able to convince an agent to put me on an American Air flight that would get me back to Hawaii on that day. I will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Jodrey Heather    (Canada)

My experience has been terrible and is yet to be over. My flight was cancelled due to weather which is not unreasonable. They (US Air customer service) set me up for a stand by flight the next day - I go to gate and even though I have a boarding pass, they have no record of me so I am up to the bottom of the list and I did not get a seat - even though in discussing things with the other 3 stand by passengers, I was in fact on stand by first. All three of them got a seat. Then they book me the next day to go to NY and take a Delta Connector. This time customer service does it wrong and I have no reservation on Delta and am now sitting in NY with no place to go. I am now 2 nights and 3 days into my delay. So they send me back to Philly from NY to get on an 8.40 flight that is oversold tonight. Who knows what will happen at 8.40!

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by L Connelly    (USA)

July 2 flight from Philadelphia to Detroit cancelled after it was boarded. We noticed it was half full. At first no reason given by the crew. Upon talking to the ticket agent the reason given was because of storms in the area. Funny thing my daughters flight same day same time to Washington DC heading straight into the east coast hurricane got off. We were only given a voucher for reduced hotel rate and told it was an "act of God". Will never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Reid John    (USA)

I've been flying for more than 24 years in and outside the United States. I have never flown US Airways before but did it because it's the only available flight for a last minute flight. My flight was 20 minute delayed from Portland, our plane landed in Phoenix and had 20 mins to spare to get on my next flight to Milwaukee, however I missed my connecting flight. The man next to me said he was there 15 minutes early and the door was already shut. US Airways knows when their plane touch down and no way they should shut the doors unless they oversold their tickets on a regular basis. I felt so bad for the staff that they have to go through all this chaos of passengers missing their connecting flights. This is absolutely the worst airline I've ever flown. They knew that they overbooked, why would you close the door when you still have 15 minutes before the flight takes off. I feel bad for others who likes to fly cheap and they think they are getting a great deal.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Tony Halsall    (UK)

Something has happened to US Airways in the last couple of months that has affected the moral and attitude of staff. I make a three leg trip Manchester - Ohio - Florida - Manchester four times a year and have done for the last two or three years without issue until this last flight. 1) Baggage issues with the intermediate leg. US Airways computers do not register that the intermediate leg is part of a international journey and so flag up a checked baggage fee. Normally, someone is on hand to over-rule the glitch and apply the correct code but this relies on the staff wanting to be helpful. I was treated outrageously by the so called supervisor in Cleveland last week and rather than argue the point any further i just paid and walked away so as not to cause delays to waiting passengers behind me. 2) The latest return leg to Manchester was the worst display of cabin crew attitude that I have ever experienced. Lying about a row of empty seats and saying they were empty for weight and balance issues when in fact they were subsequently used for the cabin crew to sleep on. Also to be refused a top up of wine with the meal (they were slow delivering the meal) but offering to sell me a $7 bottle instead was just pathetic. It was my intention to spend $200 or so on duty free gifts as I normally do but on this occasion - I decided not to.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by D Stockamp    (USA)

My experience, and that of numerous other passengers that I spoke with, is that US Airways has an unacceptable rate of delays, missed connecting flights and cancellations that is caused primarily by their failure to schedule appropriately. We had not mechanical issues or weather delays, but our airplane left 25-30 minutes late from a small airport in Bangor Maine (i.e. not a lot of airport traffic either). I arrived at my connecting flight in Philadelphia to watch the doors close and the plane depart, but absolutely no effort was made to have the plane wait an extra 5-10 minutes for the passengers that had just landed. In fact, there wasn't even a US Airways representative at the gate to speak with. In addition, if you miss a flight and have to stay overnight, you should not expect any assistance from US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Fogler    (USA)

My first flight was late. I ran across the airport to make my connection. They are supposed to close the gate ten minutes before and I made it with four minutes to spare. They had closed the door early and wouldn't let me through. There is nothing more frustrating than to watch people boarding the plane you are supposed to be on. The attendants were rude and no one wanted to help. There was a disabled lady who had also missed because she needed transportation help and they got her there late. No one would help her either which I thought was just wrong. The attendants couldn't have cared less. They wouldn't even acknowledge we were there. The other lady was stranded and couldn't even get anyone to call someone to come get her. I don't know, maybe I was supposed to get mad and ugly, but that has never been me and it shouldn't be necessary to get someone to show you courtesy.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Mike Kell    (USA)

Flight after flight, last night (26 June 14) late in the evening was being cancelled at Philadelphia, all for "mechanical reasons." Are they having labor problems? US Airways counter staff unhelpful in getting me to RDU for important presentation Friday morning, said there was no excess capacity and it could be up to a day before I got home. American Airlines Platinum desk was able to get me on an eatlier flight that had been delayed for so long for "mechanical reasons" that it was still in Philly. I got on and after another hour, finally left. So my delay was cured by someone else's.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Neil Trachtenberg    (USA)

A most uncomfortable experience. Flew from Maui to Sky Harbor, Phoenix. The crew cabin crew were inattentive and disinterested. For a five and a half hour flight thru the night they had one beverage run. Did not return after some 4 hours to offer even water. We traveled with two 13 year old granddaughters who were in a different part of the cabin. My wife attempted to alert a flight attendant that they were alone and to let us know if the needed anything and was bruskly brushed off. There was no announcement about the impending landing until the last moment. There was overall a very uncaring attitude which make me feel like a worthless commodity. I am an experienced traveler but this stands out as the worst flight I have experienced.

US Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Anne Burns    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Philadelphia - only direct flights there are. I think another time I'll go via Heathrow and travel BA, where at least there will be some service. Cabin crew were slovenly and disinterested and spent most of the flight telling each other how tired they were and one chewed gum the entire journey. Food was disgusting and the entertainment consoles are a joke, totally unresponsive and you nearly break a finger prodding at the screen to try and get it to do something. Dreadful.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Andrew Vine    (UK)

Flight 734 from Philadelphia to Manchester UK cancelled 40 mins before take-off due to "maintenance". Staff unhelpful, one leaving customers to go home. Next days flights started with a two hour delay due to air-con problems. Inflight cabin crew surly and nearly threw food at us. No interaction with passengers. Cheap but not cheerful. Its the last time we will use US Airways. I'd rather pay a bit more to get a reliable and customer friendly service. In summary an awful experience.

US Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by T Emery    (USA)

After an 8 hour flight from Dublin, we arrived in Charlotte just after noon, we had an 8 hour layover in Charlotte until our final flight to Virginia, I realized that then that there were seats available for an earlier flight to VA at 2.30, so I went to the customer service desk, where no one was in line, there were 3 US airways staff at the desk. The first of the 3 looked put off because I apparently interrupted her conversation with her co-workers. I asked her if I could the 2.30 flight and she informed me she could for a 75 dollar per person seat reservation. I gave in and paid, and gave her our baggage tickets, I asked her will our bags be there with us when we land? She said that by paying the 150$ our bags were guaranteed to be there when we land. We landed. No bags. So I went to the US Airways desk in Newport News, where there were five other customers who had issues with bags, we waited for over an hour while the front desk phone rang and rang and rang, until finally someone came out. Only to be told that she didn't have the key to look in the lost baggage area, she said she'd be right back, (never came back). Finally someone came to help, my bags never left Charlotte. I'll never fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by B Murray    (USA)

I had read horrible reviews about U.S Airways while planning my trip, so I specifically went to American Airlines website, paid $100 more for my tickets, and booked my flight through American Airlines. I received all my email confirmations from American Airlines. When I arrived at the airport, I went to American Airlines check in, they tell me they don't have that flight. In very small print at the bottom of my confirmation it said U.S. Airways. I went over to the U.S. Airways check in counter to check my bag. I was flying with a firearm so they have to inspect it. My flight was set to leave at 7.45 am. While sitting at the gate waiting, you could see they were working on our plane. Then came time to board and they told us it would be just a little while longer. They finally started boarding us at 8.00 am. At 9.00 we were still sitting on the runway waiting on mechanics, at 9.30 they deboarded us from the plane and said it would be about 10.30 am before we departed. Sat at the gate area and at 11.30 they cancelled our flight. They gave everyone a card with a phone number to call to get on another flight. I called and got on an 8.45 pm flight that night. I sat at the airport for 16.5 hours waiting for the next flight to leave, at 5.30 I got a phone call from U.S Airways saying the flight would be delayed until 9.30 pm. When I got to the gate it was pushed back to 9.50 pm. Finally after much hesitation, I had to call and take myself off the flight and find my luggage. When I looked up that flight later, it did not actually leave until 10.45 pm. When I went to go claim my luggage, after about 30 minutes of not being able to locate it, they discovered it was in Phoenix. It apparently made it on an earlier flight that it was not tagged for. I finally got it back at 8.30 pm the following evening.

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by K Michaels    (USA)

Some friends and I booked flights from Nashville to St. Thomas. From there, we were to take a cab to a ferry to Marina Cay. Lo and behold, our flight was delayed due to maintenance. This caused us to miss the last ferry out, resulting in a hotel stay in St. Thomas. As if that were not bad enough. one week later, on our way back to the US, we arrived at the St. Thomas airport three hours early for our flight. None of the kiosks worked to check in, and there wasn't a single employee working. Luckily we had so much time. The passengers flying out on an earlier flight, had experienced much worse panic when they were unable to check in to their flight that was leaving in less than an hour. Once all eight employees arrived at the same exact time, we waited in a ridiculous long line of frustrated people. Happy to finally get to our gate, we learned that our flight was delayed due to maintenance, again!

US Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by J Lewis    (USA)

Airplane itself seemed newer than the planes I have been on in the past (I usually fly Delta). But after a 10 hour flight from Rome to Charlotte, we arrive to find out flight to Tallahassee was cancelled. The customer service person was polite, but kept getting distracted as she rebooked us on a Delta flight to get us home 4 hours later than originally planned. Our luggage made it the next day. I started researching and find out that cancelled flights are a frequent problem on US Airways. Don't fly them if you want to get where you are going on time!

US Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Douglas Janes    (Canada)

US Airways now stoops to lying. Boarding my flight today, I had to sit through the usual nonsense announcements that the flight is fully booked and overhead luggage storage is limited, so customers should come up to the podium to check their bags. In the past, I have ignored these pleas, and I have not had a problem. I never check my baggage if I can help it, because the best case is that you waste 30 to 45 minutes at your destination, waiting for your bags to come down the carrousel. Worst case, the airline loses your baggage or locks it up and leaves for the day, because you make the mistake of going to the washroom before going to the carrousel. Today, US Airways didn't achieve their quota of checked baggage, so they decided to step it up a notch and report that one passenger has already come to the front of the airplane to check his baggage, because the overhead storage is completely full, so I dutifully went to the podium to check my bag. What do I find when I board the plane? Lots of available overhead storage. I am completely incensed at this behaviour and will not fly US Airways again if I can help it.