US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by B Bernard    (USA)

Flew from San Francisco to Jacksonville FL. Flight crew acted like they hated their job, never smiled once, poor leg room and no onboard amenities, except a glass of water or coke. At least Delta gives you a cookie. Pay extra for JetBlue, they have by far superior service.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Peter Lewis    (UK)

LHR-CLT-CMH-PHL-LHR. Transatlantic legs in Envoy Suites, domestic in First. Was really very pleasantly surprised with the whole trip. The Envoy suites are very comfortable, fully flat, and private (particularly if you get the individual window seats) and are in fact very similar to AAs new business class flat beds on their new B777-300s or Qatars B787. However, the US Airways seats are clearly a more budget version with smaller TV screens etc (but just as comfy for sleeping). Reasonable selection of films, and the food was not bad at all. Excellent value- Booked less than a week before departure and this was the same price (slightly less in fact) as a full price Premium Economy fair on BA so absolutely no competition and would choose again without hesitation.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by M White    (USA)

October 29th,Boston to Charlotte, flight 657. Do you have any idea how rude the "customer service" representatives are in Charlotte? I have had two separate experiences with them in the past couple of months and I am just dumbfounded by it. We approached the Customer service desk where 3 employees were virtually filing their nails. They didn't say hello, they didn't smile. They weren't helpful. It was almost like they were aggravated to have to deal with us.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Fred Pollack    (USA)

I have been flying for over 50 years, and I can honestly say that my recent round trip flight on US Airways from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv was the worst airline experience I have ever had. The first leg of this trip was from Los Angeles to Philadelphia, when I got on the plane, I looked around to plug in my earphones to hear some music, but the stewardess informed me that this flight did not have any way to either listen to music or watch a video. In addition, all food had to be purchased. The second leg of the trip was a 12 hour flight from Philadelphia to Tel Aviv. The TV screen on the back of the seat in front of me did not work, and when I told the steward, he attempted to fix it, but he was unsuccessful, consequently, I sat in a cramped seat for over 12 hours, with no music or video. When they served breakfast, there were two choices: eggs or blintzes - I asked for eggs, but I was told that they were out of eggs, and when I asked the steward to check the other aisle to see if there were any eggs left, he became angry. Unfortunately, the blintzes were covered with a sickeningly sweet jam which made them inedible. I will never, fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 November 2013 by N Hartmann    (USA)

Flew BNA-CLT-PVD. Overall, I had good flights, and didn't really experience any problems myself, but the airplanes themselves are old, and you can tell in the interior. Gogo wireless was a nice touch, but it wasn't always reliable, and was also a bit pricey - $17 for a day pass? The fact that they overbook bothers me. I saw families get bumped in CLT and didn't think that was a good business practice; only giving folks a $300 voucher for it isn't really helping their case, though I suppose it's better than no voucher.

US Airways Customer review :  26 October 2013 by E Lux    (Switzerland)

We will never fly US Airways again after this experience. The first three legs of our journey were OK - average service but on-time arrivals, but the last leg was a nightmare. Our flight was cancelled after a 4-hour delay, and while cancellations happen to all airlines, the way US Airways handled this one was appalling. Gate agents could not operate their own ticketing system to rebook passengers, baggage was delivered two hours late, and to a carousel in a different terminal, and US Airways employees had no idea what was going on and were generally indifferent to passenger needs. We were traveling with an infant, yet were given a hotel 15 minutes away, when there was another hotel connected to the airport that other families received. Overall just a complete disaster in terms of customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Cameron    (UK)

We flew GLA-PHL, on time with good service then the PHL-MCO connection was delayed due to a crew member being late, 30-45mins delay. After a wonderful holiday in Orlando, checked in at 11.30 in good time for our 3.05 flight to PHL then went through security and to the gate, departure screens said our flight would be delayed to 4.20 so it would not arrive in PHL until 18.20. Told we would miss our connection to GLA leaving at 18.40pm. They told us that the problem was another crew related issue! They rebooked us on plane departing PHL at 21.55 and arriving LHR at 10.00 the next morning then book us on a British Airways flight to GLA leaving at 12.10 arriving at 13.55, we would have originally been in GLA at 7.00 am but did not arrive till 14.00pm. When questioned US Airways said that there compensation policy is to just rebook passengers ASAP on the next flight available. The plane going from MCO-PHL an A330 did not have any inflight entertainment on this route despite having seat back TV's. That happened to be the same plane taking us to LHR but on that journey there was in-flight entertainment. So would not use US again unless desperate and would not recommend. Otherwise BA gave superb service on their flight and would defiantly recommend.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by John van Dalen    (USA)

PHL-PBI was the last leg on my first-class round trip to and from PSP. I had boarded USAir in Palm Springs that morning and flew to Phoenix. So far, so good. Then I flew Phoenix to Philadelphia. That's where it all fell apart. I was stranded at Philadelphia airport by US Airways when their last flight of the day departed early, leaving 3 connecting passengers abandoned. Dealing with the brick wall that is the US Airways customer service staff, my treatment was shameful, disrespectful and costly. USAir refused to rebook me because my reservation had been made via United Airlines. United told me that since my reservation was a First Class Mileage Award, the first compatible seat they could rebook me on was next Monday (5 days hence)! Consequently, I had to put myself up at the Sheraton in Philadelphia for the night and pay $508 to buy a one-way ticket from PHL-PBI. Adding insult to expensive injury, the flight I was supposed to take was first-class, non-stop. This one-way rip-off ticket was in coach and had a layover in Charlotte. On just this website alone and going back only about 8 weeks, I have encountered reviews of no less than a dozen passengers who have been stranded or treated miserably in Philadelphia by USAir. Coincidence? I don't think so. It is my belief that when an airline accepts your ticket to get from point A to point B that it assumes its share of responsibility for getting their passengers to their destination. I had already flown 2 out of the 3 legs of my flight that day. Departing early and stranding three connecting passengers is unconscionable.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Williams    (UK)

Flew from PHL to DEN round trip Oct. 17 returning Oct. 20. Upgraded on the flight to Denver and coach returning to Philadelphia. Both flights were on time and just as importantly the cabin crew were professional and overall did a good job. On the flight to PHL there was a medical emergency and the crew kept the passengers informed - as much as they could - regarding what was going on. Overall, good experience. People complain there's no IFE on US. Bring a book or your tablet to watch a movie.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Phil Hawkins    (USA)

My 92-year-old father flew from Denver to Asheville, NC and when we got to Denver there was a guy at the ticket counter who helped my dad with his ticket, luggage and wheelchair. He could not have been nicer or more helpful. The lady who came with the wheelchair was a nice and patient as she could be with him. He reported later that all personnel with US Airways were very attentive and helpful in getting him through the airport. They may have been bad in the past, but this time they were the best airline I've seen.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by C Prattis    (UK)

Flew GLA-PHL-MCO and return. Excellent in every way, Seats and legroom were good, food was the usual economy food but does me fine, check-in was quick and simple, staff pleasant and flights on time, what more can I ask for. Only down side was the video screens, I was in window seat and couldn't see it properly but didn't bother me that much really. Would fly with them again no problem.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by M Neave    (UK)

LHR-CLT-TPA-CLT-LHR. All flights left on time, flights on the international leg is an A330-300 which is a good aircraft 2-4-2 seat configuration, large seat back screens for showing a good selection of movies. TV shows, games etc, seating was ok with good legroom on all the flights. My only complaint is the food, both ways the offering was chicken with rice or pasta surely they can come up with more choice than this, also a muffin for breakfast is not much to offer. One other gripe I have but this is not exclusively US airways but all American carriers, why are passengers allowed to take such large baggage in the cabin, some suitcases were bigger than mine that went in the hold. Generally I was pleased with the service I got on all flights and would use US airways again for future travel.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by J Fairclough    (France)

BCN to JAX rtn via PHL. Philadelphia Airport seems to come in for a lot of stick on this forum, but you can only speak as you find, and my wife and I found it a very pleasant improvement to the likes of JFK, MIA and LAX, as regards transfers. More space, and less like a cattle market. Paid to go in the US Club, which was very pleasant and well worth twenty odd dollars. Only waited 5 mins to clear immigration, which is far less than anywhere else we've encountered in the States. As for US Airways well we've now been on all of the "big four" in the last couple of years (first time with US), and to be honest, I really cannot see any difference in any of them. In all four, in economy, space is getting tighter and tighter, and food/drink on offer is getting less and less and poorer and poorer quality. But if people want low fares, then there's the rub, I guess. At least US run modern planes (A-330 200's) on this route, with Emb 175 on the domestic sector, far better than poky CRJ's etc. The Airbus is far better than the triple sevens or the ancient 747s or 767s used by some, and at least if you are travelling as a couple, you just get two seats, and don't have to share. AVOD in all seats which is better than many. Overall, still miles behind people like Air New Zealand, but they are only of any use if you want somewhere out West. In short, as long as you don't expect luxury from any of these American giants you won't be disappointed. I'm getting to regard them as a bigger Ryanair, ie just a cost effective way of getting from A to B.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by E Enns    (USA)

Horrible customer service. Slow staff and tight connections don't mix. Not accommodating or apologetic whatsoever for missed flights in a tight connection they allow, but shouldn't if the whole process of getting from one flight to another will take so long. Closed the flight early with no announcement that I could hear as I was rushing to the gate. They knew I wasn't on board and my bag was or wasn't. Probably had plenty of standby passengers to take my place. Waste of time. Fly a real airlines and don't bother with these dinosaurs.

US Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by B Ridley    (UK)

So many bad points that I'm not sure they will all fit! 1) Do not pay for 'preferred' access. I forget exactly what the name is, but I paid$ 31 for this in order to board the airplane 'early', but was told by the attendant that it didn't mean anything, just go by the zone number. 2) The food ran out and I was told I could pre-order, but when I tried to do this for my return flight, I couldn't as the website only listed the food, but there wasn't a way to actually order and pay for it. 3) This has already been said, but the seats are extremely uncomfortable. I purchased seats by the window so I could lean against them to sleep as I had to travel from the UK to AZ. In total I paid an additional $267 for these seats, but I shouldn't have bothered as the space between the seat and the window was so far that I couldn't lean against it at all. 4) The return plane 'broke down' and so we had to wait approximately 4 extra hours, this was at night and the airline graciously gave us a $10 voucher for a meal while we waited, but the voucher was only good for shops in the airport, but it was so expensive all I was able to buy was a bottle of water and a bag of chips. 4) Because of the plane braking down I was going to miss the coach (bus) in London that would take me home and I had already paid for it. I will never travel on US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Tom Harvey    (USA)

Flight from OAK-PHX-PIT. Wasn't supposed to change planes in PHX but they changed that. Took my boarding pass in OAK and refused to reprint one in Phoenix, told me that's too bad for you and "not my problem". Fortunately I printed two and the gate attendant snarked at me saying "well, aren't you just smarter than the rest of us!" Continued on to PIT and requested a Kosher meal since I'm lactose intolerant. What do they bring me? Ham and cheese!

US Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Graham Dodd    (UK)

PHL-MCO, 15 October 2013 on 757. Very tired plane, could do with an update but the airline have got new planes on order so it maybe replaced. Service ok. Nothing special but did what was required. Cabin crew very pleasant. Happy to recommend. Only downfall no IFE.

US Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Graham Dodd    (UK)

MAN-PHL, 15 October 2013 on an A330 great plane. IFE good with good selection of programs and movies etc, cabin crew very attentive and very pleasant. Would be happy to recommend. Meals very good, we had a vegetarian and kids in the party and all where catered for very well.

US Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Garry Barker    (Canada)

Flew from Halifax to Philadelphia to Dublin return. Regional jet from YHZ. On-time with the normal drink service. An older 767 from Philadelphia to Dublin in Envoy. Good service, wonderful meals- likely the best airline I have flown for the quantity of food - you are not left hungry. Choice of 4 meals and a hot breakfast choice too. On time and overall good. Return to Philadelphia on the same aircraft in Envoy. Really great service and food was outstanding. Philadelphia to Halifax on a new Embraer and very comfortable. Overall this airline does a great job in my experience (this was my second trip to Dublin this year with them). And a very nice touch with the menus being in English and Gaelic.

US Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by M Ramsey    (USA)

Very inconvenient. They have a smart phone app that you can do everything on except print a boarding pass. When you arrive at the airport, you have to either go to the regular or wait in the self serve kiosk line, both of which are very long. We checked in on the app, had to wait in line to get a boarding pass so we could check our bags. Bag fees are $25 each. If you want a choice of seats, that is $45 per person. If you want expedited boarding, that is another $25 per person. Our flight was about 2 1/2 hours long. We were not offered snacks to purchase. We got one tiny cup of water/soda, half filled with ice, and then another cup of coffee or water for that entire time. Bring water or a beverage and food with you. The seats are very uncomfortable for a person who is short is stature, they do not fit the neck properly and you cannot recline far enough to be comfortable.

US Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Y Mullings    (USA)

The pilot claimed to have have miscalculated his fuel needs of Flight US3280 leaving San Antonio to Charlotte and so about 10 minutes outside of Charlotte needed to make an emergency stop at Spartanburg to get fuel. After approximately 30 minutes on the ground we were told we had fuel and would be taking off shortly, ten minutes later the pilot announced that he had again miscalculated our fuel need so we needed to wait for another fuel truck to give us even more fuel. After about a total delay of an hour we finally got back in the air and arrived in Charlotte at which time all the passengers who had missed connecting flights were sent to various hotels to await morning flights. I left Charlotte the next morning at 9.30 for Minneapolis, my final destination still outraged by the seeming unconcern for the needless danger that this pilot and crew had for the safety and convenience of the passengers.