US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by A Chryssos    (USA)

The plane was old, all toilets except one in first class stopped working 2 hours before we landed on a transatlantic flight from Philadelphia to Athens, Greece. The food was not edible, the flight attendants were rude! The entertainment system was ancient and the movie stopped 3/4 of the way and could not continue. My nephew traveled a few days earlier and had similar complaints. My worst transatlantic flight in the 50+ years I've been going back and forth!

US Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by B Nichita    (Switzerland)

GVA-FRA-CLT-BOS on 1 August. I am tall, 196 cm. Surprisingly the flight FRA CLT was comfortable, the seat pitch was ok, I didn't put my legs on the aisle. Flight on time. The second flight was delayed 1 hour, due to weather conditions, which was totally understandable. Return was SFO-PHL-ZRH, here I was lucky to have on the both flights the bulkhead seats which have a lot of space. The food was average, but this is not an important factor for me. Generally I had a very good experience with US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  12 August 2013 by M Freeman    (USA)

SEA-CLT-HHH return. Not a single flight was on time. Crews were indifferent at best, and otherwise berating their employer to passengers. Their primary interest was in getting credit card applications. Seats were extremely tight in first, noticeably less pitch than narrowbody flights on United or American. No entertainment, no power outlets. The food was tragic on the outbound, edible on the return, but served without linens and with a paper napkin. No milk for coffee on domestic flights. Although I had a revenue first class ticket for $1700, US Airways still wanted me to pay extra for better seats on each flight(!) The Charlotte hub was a mess, signs were broken, moving sidewalks inoperable, and my gates changed on the spur of the moment in each direction. Bags took close to 45 minutes to be unloaded in Seattle, about 20 minutes in Hilton Head.

US Airways Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Mikael Rasmussen    (Denmark)

We had flown with SAS to Amsterdam, and US Airways should take us to Philadelphia and then Seattle. On our returning trip back we started at LA with stops in Philadelphia and Frankfurt. On our trip to Seattle our flight from Philadelphia to Seattle was cancelled due to mechanical issues, so we had to wait a couple of hours and take a connecting flight through San Francisco. My baggage had somehow been lost in Philadelphia - so did not receive it until the day after I arrived. The same thing happened on my way back, I was obligated to hand over my hand baggage when boarding. I have flown many different companies through the years, but this is the worst experience. The inflight service was okay - but bagage handling was apparently non existent.

US Airways Customer review :  9 August 2013 by R Gregory    (USA)

Been in Charlotte NC for 8 hours of delays, been put on different flights only to be turned away with plane still sitting there by there rude gate employees with no manners and no customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by A Dewey    (USA)

US Airways itself was not too bad. The problem was the smaller airlines they contract to. Boston to DC (Reagan) - not too bad, was on time at least. DC to Chicago - delayed, but no idea why. Sat in Chicago for 2 hours, boarded, deplaned, boarded again - they "couldn't find the pilot". Finally got to Des Moines. Two days later, Des Moines to Charlotte - delayed, no idea why. While waiting for my carry-on to be retrieved from "valet checking" so I could make my connection to Philadelphia, the gate attendant was quite rude when I asked the status of my connection. Ran through the airport to make the connection, then sat on the plane for 30 minutes. Was also told that I would need to check my carry-on, because there was "no room" in the overhead compartment. When I boarded, most of the overhead compartments were open - several were empty, most were less than half full. Had to collect bag from baggage claim when I got to Philadelphia, but at least I didn't have to pay for it. Philadelphia to Boston was slightly delayed because of a check engine light that came on after we were all boarded. They did manage to get maintenance in fairly quickly and apparently got the problem resolved - but this was US Air, not a smaller airline. I'm going back to Southwest and Jet Blue - cheaper, more reliable, more customer oriented, and they keep better track of their pilots.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

FRA-PHL-SFO. Total mess - 2 of 4 FRA-originating flights delayed due to weather, apparently. My FRA-PHL flight delayed 2 hours, missing the PHL-SFO connection. About 100 people in line to the ticket desk in FRA because the FRA-CLT flight was delayed 7 hours. Called US Airways and was rebooked within 5 minutes. Excellent customer service. US Airways flights depart from by far the worst part of FRA airport (and one of the worst areas of any airport anywhere). No food, no shops, nothing - gate was changed unannounced, then everyone was asked to leave the gate area to be re-checked. As I said, complete mess by both airport and airline staff. In the end, flight arrived PHL 2 hours late as expected. PHL-SFO flight also delayed, without reason or apology by 2 hours, meaning arrival to SFO at a cringeworthy 1.30am. Bag thankfully redirected and I have to admit, service by flight attendants great throughout and good iFE on the FRA-PHL flight.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by A Snelling    (USA)

Flew PHL-CDG and CDG-CLT in Economy. US Air was the low cost carrier for this route, and it showed. Food was fundamentally inedible, but I was grateful to have brought my own. Crews were mostly friendly and helpful. Flight seemed to be a non-stop sales pitch to buy duty free, upgraded snacks, etc. I thought several times that this unnecessarily disturbed what could have been a serene flight. Had the new Airbus planes both ways. Someone had broken off the tip of their headphones in the receptacle, and the poor FA could not remove it even after returning with tweezers. Thus, I could not use the AVOD for the entire eight hour flight. US Air got me there mostly on time, but this was not a very enjoyable or peaceful experience.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by G Antonio    (USA)

Have mixed feelings about the airline. I think they have decent flight service. I took the Dublin - PHL route and was surprised by the cheerful service aboard. Food was good and there was free wine (United needs to learn about this). My domestic connection got delayed and the personnel were not very helpful with the situation (I tried to get in an earlier flight and they did not help with it). I ended up flying that segment with Jet Blue and complain later. The customer service representative received the feedback and took actions about it. I would still recommend them, particularly for international flights.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by M Robinson    (USA)

CLT-FRA-CLT. I love flying US Airways direct (hate PHL). Good service - the newer A330's are a great improvement. Good service and value.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2013 by N Chartrand    (USA)

Kona-ABQ via Phoenix in first class. US Airways first class is worse than some coach seats I have been in. The seat in front of me was rubbing against my legs (I would expect this in coach, but in first?). One drink run before take off and not another one for 4 hours. The meal was edible but very small and disappointing. On the second flight the crew was nicer but than again they are not US airways because the flight was operated by skywest. I had a 3 hour layover in Phoenix and even though I had paid for first class, I was only allowed into the lounge if I gave them more money.

US Airways Customer review :  31 July 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

SFO-PHL-FRA, trying US Airways for the first time after being rebooked "from" them onto other airlines due to delays. Surprised with how decent they are. Both flights had roomy (though not very comfortable) seats, excellent service on-board, and arrived on time/early. Acceptable food on the PHL-FRA and even free wine - not that it's any good. IFE system is excellent on the A330s. Would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by A Johnston    (USA)

Very frustrating experience with US Air when flying to Glasgow last week. Our traveling parties were meeting in PHL to connect to the same transatlantic flight. Both flights delayed due to weather, but they go in to PHL at around the same time. Our flight then sat out on the tarmac for 1.5 hrs because they didn't have a gate for us. While we were stuck out there, the captain kept saying all flights out were grounded so we would make our connections, but that wasn't true as mine left, leaving me stranded. Next flight waited for passengers to come in from a delayed flight. Why couldn't they do that for me? I finally made it to Glasgow the next day via London but missed the first day of vacation. On the way back, our flight was delayed 2 hours due to maintenance and the next one was as well. On top of all this, the staff were rude, pushy and the flight attendants were surly, the meals were gross, and the TV sound did not work throughout, so that was 7 hours with nothing to watch. They also kept running out of drinks and food by the time they reached our seats. If I can help it, I will never fly US Air again!

US Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Zahra Ghafari    (USA)

Left LAX on Saturday to take my daughter to Providence. Flight delayed and we missed out connecting flight to providence was stranded in Philadelphia. They did not offer any help and just gave us new tickets to come back to airport next day. Sunday morning went to airport realizing that they had booked my 16 daughter on a different flight to DC! Ended up renting a car and driving. Went back to airport on Monday 7/22 to catch my flight to LAX. Flight from Providence was late again and I missed my connection again. Was re-routed to Phoenix and stayed on the plane for 3 hours for bad weather and missed the connection from Phoenix to LA. Stranded in Phoenix again and finally made it to Orange county airport on Tuesday.

US Airways Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Antony Sykes    (USA)

Choice Seats aren't choice at all. We flew a 6pm to midnight flight from Philadelphia to Glasgow on 17 July 2013. We paid $99.00 each for "Choice" seats 24A and 24B. These were considered choice seats by the airline because they are Emergency Exit seats with the extra leg room. Unfortunately they are directly behind the lavatories. The cabin lights were dimmed, we took out our blankets and pillows, closed our eyes and someone opened the lavatory door, flooding our seating area with glaring florescent light. Our plans for catching a nap were ruined.

US Airways Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Steve Ralls    (UK)

Flew London to Philadelphia then on to Greensboro NC and return. Outbound the first leg was excellent. The connecting flight to PTI was delayed as there was no fuel in the aircraft, then an engine failed on start up. The Captain kept us informed as the engineers tried to fix it and an hour later we boarded a replacement airframe. On the return, there was an hour delay at Philadelphia due to the aircraft being "too hot in the cabin" as it had been sat in the sun all day but the staff kept us informed of progress. What I did appreciate was that the bags went straight through and were ready to collect straight away. There is always room for improvement but I think these guys should focus a bit more on the maintenance - get the aircraft ready earlier and make sure it is serviceable before the flight - not wait until everyone is at the gate waiting to board.

US Airways Customer review :  20 July 2013 by I Hernandez    (USA)

DFW to Phoenix, 6/30/13. Then from Phoenix to San Diego, because of fog problems the plane could not land so they re-routed us to Phoenix. During this time I had a connection flight leaving San Diego and my husband and I missed our connection flight leaving San Diego to Hawaii. I went to the Phoenix counter to just get a brush off and were told that another flight was leaving San Diego to Hawaii that day. By the time we arrived in San Diego that morning we had been left stranded. I will never take a flight to San Diego nor will I fly US Airways. They offered to fly us out 2 days later. I had to purchase a whole new ticket that night to get us to our destination.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Caroline Bonacci    (USA)

Every time I book a flight I promise myself that I will not use US Airways again. Unfortunately, they are the only airline that fly into Hilton Head Island, so we are captive to them. Once again, they have cancelled our flight from the island into Charlotte and we will not make our flight to Phoenix. The explanation given was "weather" in Charlotte. Doppler radar says 30% chance of rain in Charlotte during the time we would have been there. The only thing I hate worse than a cancelled flight is a blatant lie about the reason the flight was cancelled. No compensation given at all. Can't get out until tomorrow.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2013 by A Austin    (UK)

Dublin to Charlotte (5th July 13), Charlotte to Dublin (12th July 13). Disappointment at both flights but especially Dublin to Charlotte: 1) ran out of earphones so no entertainment for 8 hours. 2) one of the toilets out of order for full flight. 3) another toilet ran out of toilet paper. 4) hot breakfast ice cold. Return flight - my wife asked if we could upgrade but were told flight full. Expected to depart at 6.20pm but did not board until approx 7pm despite on-time advised. Made to sit on plane while we waited for passengers from another flight who had missed their flight to Paris - eventual departure 8pm. Some of these were put in first class although we had been told flight full with no upgrades!

US Airways Customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Reed    (USA)

Have always traveled using U.S. Airways usually from Charlotte, NC to NYC. Last year entrusted them with our 16 year old traveling alone to Paris for a month. This year, we traveled as a family to Paris and will be using them again in August as they now have a direct flight from Charlotte, NC to Dublin, Ireland. Have never had any trouble with this airline. Luckily, no bad weather so flights have always been on time. My only complaint is on domestic flights they let people with huge carry-on luggage board and they fill up the available overhead spaced. I have had to check my regulation size carry on bag on a couple of occasions for lack of room. They don't seem to care what size your carry on bag is. Also, food is awful, but this is probably true of most airlines. Staff have always been friendly and helpful.

US Airways Customer review :  11 July 2013 by A Ramos    (USA)

Two days trying to get from LGA to MEM, through DC. Flight from DC to Memphis was delayed 2 hrs, then they put us on the plane and after 2 hrs seated they cancelled the fight. Trying to get back to NY, after 2 hours inside the plane they cancel again. They put me on another flight to NY, which finally left after another additional 2 hrs delay. Next day: try to get to Memphis again, LGA-CLT ok, but the second flight CLT-MEM was 2 hrs delayed again. Staff unhelpful and rude. Will never use their service again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 July 2013 by S Ramaswamy    (India)

PHL-SDF and SDF-PHL. Flights were on time on both occasions. Comfortable flight and we had a pleasant crew member both ways. US Airways operates small aircraft on this sector, so the interiors were cramped but overall, good experience considering that this was one of the few direct flights between PHL and SDF and the flight duration's were just over an hour and half each.