US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by J Fairclough    (France)

BCN to JAX rtn via PHL. Philadelphia Airport seems to come in for a lot of stick on this forum, but you can only speak as you find, and my wife and I found it a very pleasant improvement to the likes of JFK, MIA and LAX, as regards transfers. More space, and less like a cattle market. Paid to go in the US Club, which was very pleasant and well worth twenty odd dollars. Only waited 5 mins to clear immigration, which is far less than anywhere else we've encountered in the States. As for US Airways well we've now been on all of the "big four" in the last couple of years (first time with US), and to be honest, I really cannot see any difference in any of them. In all four, in economy, space is getting tighter and tighter, and food/drink on offer is getting less and less and poorer and poorer quality. But if people want low fares, then there's the rub, I guess. At least US run modern planes (A-330 200's) on this route, with Emb 175 on the domestic sector, far better than poky CRJ's etc. The Airbus is far better than the triple sevens or the ancient 747s or 767s used by some, and at least if you are travelling as a couple, you just get two seats, and don't have to share. AVOD in all seats which is better than many. Overall, still miles behind people like Air New Zealand, but they are only of any use if you want somewhere out West. In short, as long as you don't expect luxury from any of these American giants you won't be disappointed. I'm getting to regard them as a bigger Ryanair, ie just a cost effective way of getting from A to B.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by E Enns    (USA)

Horrible customer service. Slow staff and tight connections don't mix. Not accommodating or apologetic whatsoever for missed flights in a tight connection they allow, but shouldn't if the whole process of getting from one flight to another will take so long. Closed the flight early with no announcement that I could hear as I was rushing to the gate. They knew I wasn't on board and my bag was or wasn't. Probably had plenty of standby passengers to take my place. Waste of time. Fly a real airlines and don't bother with these dinosaurs.

US Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by B Ridley    (UK)

So many bad points that I'm not sure they will all fit! 1) Do not pay for 'preferred' access. I forget exactly what the name is, but I paid$ 31 for this in order to board the airplane 'early', but was told by the attendant that it didn't mean anything, just go by the zone number. 2) The food ran out and I was told I could pre-order, but when I tried to do this for my return flight, I couldn't as the website only listed the food, but there wasn't a way to actually order and pay for it. 3) This has already been said, but the seats are extremely uncomfortable. I purchased seats by the window so I could lean against them to sleep as I had to travel from the UK to AZ. In total I paid an additional $267 for these seats, but I shouldn't have bothered as the space between the seat and the window was so far that I couldn't lean against it at all. 4) The return plane 'broke down' and so we had to wait approximately 4 extra hours, this was at night and the airline graciously gave us a $10 voucher for a meal while we waited, but the voucher was only good for shops in the airport, but it was so expensive all I was able to buy was a bottle of water and a bag of chips. 4) Because of the plane braking down I was going to miss the coach (bus) in London that would take me home and I had already paid for it. I will never travel on US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Tom Harvey    (USA)

Flight from OAK-PHX-PIT. Wasn't supposed to change planes in PHX but they changed that. Took my boarding pass in OAK and refused to reprint one in Phoenix, told me that's too bad for you and "not my problem". Fortunately I printed two and the gate attendant snarked at me saying "well, aren't you just smarter than the rest of us!" Continued on to PIT and requested a Kosher meal since I'm lactose intolerant. What do they bring me? Ham and cheese!

US Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Graham Dodd    (UK)

PHL-MCO, 15 October 2013 on 757. Very tired plane, could do with an update but the airline have got new planes on order so it maybe replaced. Service ok. Nothing special but did what was required. Cabin crew very pleasant. Happy to recommend. Only downfall no IFE.

US Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Graham Dodd    (UK)

MAN-PHL, 15 October 2013 on an A330 great plane. IFE good with good selection of programs and movies etc, cabin crew very attentive and very pleasant. Would be happy to recommend. Meals very good, we had a vegetarian and kids in the party and all where catered for very well.

US Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Garry Barker    (Canada)

Flew from Halifax to Philadelphia to Dublin return. Regional jet from YHZ. On-time with the normal drink service. An older 767 from Philadelphia to Dublin in Envoy. Good service, wonderful meals- likely the best airline I have flown for the quantity of food - you are not left hungry. Choice of 4 meals and a hot breakfast choice too. On time and overall good. Return to Philadelphia on the same aircraft in Envoy. Really great service and food was outstanding. Philadelphia to Halifax on a new Embraer and very comfortable. Overall this airline does a great job in my experience (this was my second trip to Dublin this year with them). And a very nice touch with the menus being in English and Gaelic.

US Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by M Ramsey    (USA)

Very inconvenient. They have a smart phone app that you can do everything on except print a boarding pass. When you arrive at the airport, you have to either go to the regular or wait in the self serve kiosk line, both of which are very long. We checked in on the app, had to wait in line to get a boarding pass so we could check our bags. Bag fees are $25 each. If you want a choice of seats, that is $45 per person. If you want expedited boarding, that is another $25 per person. Our flight was about 2 1/2 hours long. We were not offered snacks to purchase. We got one tiny cup of water/soda, half filled with ice, and then another cup of coffee or water for that entire time. Bring water or a beverage and food with you. The seats are very uncomfortable for a person who is short is stature, they do not fit the neck properly and you cannot recline far enough to be comfortable.

US Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Y Mullings    (USA)

The pilot claimed to have have miscalculated his fuel needs of Flight US3280 leaving San Antonio to Charlotte and so about 10 minutes outside of Charlotte needed to make an emergency stop at Spartanburg to get fuel. After approximately 30 minutes on the ground we were told we had fuel and would be taking off shortly, ten minutes later the pilot announced that he had again miscalculated our fuel need so we needed to wait for another fuel truck to give us even more fuel. After about a total delay of an hour we finally got back in the air and arrived in Charlotte at which time all the passengers who had missed connecting flights were sent to various hotels to await morning flights. I left Charlotte the next morning at 9.30 for Minneapolis, my final destination still outraged by the seeming unconcern for the needless danger that this pilot and crew had for the safety and convenience of the passengers.

US Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Maria Brocato    (USA)

A friend and I recently traveled from Louisville to Philadelphia to Barcelona. The initial flight (9/26/13) was fine. On the return trip from Barcelona to Louisville (10/6/13) the situation was very difficult. We were late leaving Barcelona so there was necessarily a rush through Customs and Security. We already had our boarding passes confirmed from the day before. When we arrived on time at the Philadelphia gate to go on to Charlotte our seats had been given away. What raises questions for us is that when we deplaned in Philadelphia an agent handed us a possible change of flights. Was that because our seats were already given away or because we had to go through Customs, etc. and it was unlikely that we would make it?

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by David Stein    (USA)

Philadelphia to Tel Aviv in economy on A 330-200. This is the 3rd time I used US Air's direct flight for my home town, Philadelphia, to Tel Aviv, The plane was new and the seats had adequate leg room. I prefer the 2x4x2 seating configuration on the A 330 over the 2x5x2 or 3x3x3 configuration of the B777. The on demand entertainment system had a good list of programing. The food was not very good, but that is to be expected, and they ran out of one of the breakfast options on the return flight. The best part of the flight, though, were the flight attendants. They were very friendly and professional.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Santana    (USA)

Flight from CLT to Dublin on a 20 year plus 757-200 in economy. Just like sitting on a bus and the service was poor. On return trip upgraded to Envoy class and other then larger seats, the service and food offerings were not one would expect for the additional cost. Maybe the CEO of this airline needs to take some anonymous trips so he can experience the poor customer service this airline provides. No doubt the CLT to DUB is a money maker for them as the service is poor, the aircraft old, the seats uncomfortable and the flight attendants non accommodating.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

JFK-CLT-RDU return in early October 2013. US Air isn't officially a budget carrier, but the vibe certainly was budget. Basic amenities, no IFE, limited cash menu. Service was OK, but not very efficient.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Olga Kasparova    (USA)

My husband and I were on US Air flight from Phoenix to Boston. The agent at the gate closed the door 7 minutes before the official departure time. We were already at the gate as he was closing it and he refused to let us on. The reason we were delayed were long lines at check-in, the computer system not being able to find our legitimate reservation, another long line to speak with a live agent, followed by a long line at security. The worst element of this experience was the smugness of the agent when he refused to let us on the plane. I'm a frequent business traveler, I fly every week (and have been doing it for the past 10 years).