US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by I Cotrupi    (USA)

We sat on the tarmac for an hour, got into the air only to be told there was a mechanical error. Flew in circles around the airport for 4.5 hours (longer than my actual flight) to burn off fuel, were treated rudely by staff and no beverages were offered the entire time. Our rescheduled flight was for 7.30 am the next morning and when we arrived it said it was on time for 8.45am. When I asked they said that even though it was late it wasn't really their fault so even though it was over an hour late it was still considered on time. They then double booked my grandfathers seat and tried to move him out of first class. On our way back, we sat in line for 3.5 hours to check in because the system had crashed and the flight was delayed 2 hours just so that they could check everyone in which meant I almost missed my connecting flight. I am currently waiting on my bags, the next day. I am never flying US airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by A Denison    (UK)

LHR to Philadelphia. Good catering. Very full flight. Pleasant cabin crew. Touchscreen was a bit unresponsive at times but all in all, not bad for 8 hour economy flight. Unfortunately, ended up with a middle seat.

US Airways Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Robby Lasman    (USA)

We flew from Philadelphia to Dominican Republic round trip. Overall it was a good experience though the airline needs to do a lot to improve their inflight service.

US Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Devan King    (USA)

I flew from Denver to Charlotte to get a connecting flight to Jacksonville, NC. The Denver flight was delayed 1.5 hrs due to maintenance therefore I missed my connecting flight, they rebooked me for another flight but I had to stay the night in Charlotte but gave me a hotel voucher for a booked hotel. The flight from Charlotte to Jacksonville was also delayed due to maintenance. Moral of the story, US Airways has horrible planes that always need maintenance. Don't fly with them unless you want to be late or miss every connecting flight.

US Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Riggio    (USA)

I recently flew U.S. Airways from Denver to Boston, MA. Although I had to change my flight from one day to the next and pay an extra fee for the change, the flight was very comfortable. After I arrived in Boston, I knew that my bags were MIA. I had recently flown from San Francisco to Denver and they sent my bags to Washington D.C. even though I never made that flight, but since I was scheduled to be in Boston, I had to travel knowing I didn't have my bags. I was very pleased with Susan at customer service in Boston. As I arrived, she promptly assisted me in locating my bags. She was also extremely pleasant to me as a customer. Needless to say, because of her my bags were returned and I will definitely be flying U.S. again!

US Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Maurice Mourton    (Canada)

This has to be the worst airline I have flown on, and I do travel a lot. Our recent supposedly first class flight from PVR to YVR started late in PVR due to technical difficulties. A two hour 10 minute flight in first, ranks a cardboard cup of coffee and a bag of potato chips! The second leg was delayed due to technical problems, then when ready to leave a drunken passenger had to be removed on the insistence of a passenger (the attendant said he knew he was drunk but not how much) and then the plane developed a mechanical problem necessitating a plane change. 4 hours late and what did first class passengers get for their now 7 plus hour trip-yes you guessed it a bag of chips and a drink. They should be banned from Star Alliance Membership until a new experienced in customer service CEO is hired. Clearly this is the fault of the Executive not the cabin crew. By the way no inflight entertainment and the seat in front of me was broken.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Rosalind Helfand    (USA)

I flew in November 2013. Rarely have I experienced such stressed out, miserable flight attendants. Their unhappiness changed the tenor of the entire trip. There were no unusual conditions with the trip. We had a packed flight, but we weren't running late, and passengers weren't making any special demands or causing problems. The attendants' facial expressions, body language, and polite curtness spoke of barely held in tension. In addition to that, passengers were herded onto the plane, managed like we were an inconvenience (again, politely, but still the feeling was there), and the plane itself was dirty. While US Airways is offering some good flight deals, I don't feel inclined to fly an airline where the staff are clearly not happy with their jobs. Additionally, US Airways needs to beef up their efforts to provide a great experience for their customers.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Michael Calma    (USA)

Multiple frustration with seating arrangements we (fiancé and I) purchased our ticket a month in advance and were later told that we would be together. Found or seating arrangement a week before the flight and seated separately. No customer service would help. When boarding I was holding my tablet in hand my back pack and wheeled baggage. They got on my case about my tablet that I was only allowed a carry on and personal bag. Told I would need to put my tablet in the bag. Or check in one of my bags. They were dead serious that they wanted me to step aside and put my tablet in my carry on or else have to check-in my bag. Seats were cramped and I'm a slightly small framed individual.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by C Adrian    (USA)

Traveled from Long Beach to Phoenix and then onward to JFK Airport on red-eye flight. This flight left much to be desired as everything from the hard to soft product are abysmal. Domestic first seats are unbearably uncomfortable to sleep in with the angle recline only going down about 3-5 inches. As for the on board amenities, free alcohol and few select chips just doesn't cut it though they do offer meals on non red-eye flights from what I've been told. It gets even better as the sad excuse of a blanket they provided for sleep was a thin fabric that can easily be mistaken for as a table cloth. Club access in Phoenix was granted with *G and much like the flight, it left a lot to be desired as well - stale crackers, unappealing soup, and choices of free and paid drinks. Positive to flight was that staff service is fair and ground handling was par. As a star alliance traveler, I really wished there was a better alternative to traveling domestic US.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by D Kissel    (Italy)

I flew from Italy to Pittsburgh (via Philadelphia) on Nov 14, 2013, with return on Dec 28, 2013 via Philadelphia and Frankfurt. On my return flight to Frankfurt (A330 plane with IFE at seat), I felt very dizzy and was about to pass out halfway into the flight. The flight attendants in Economy promptly assisted me and checked on me every 10 minutes to see how I was feeling. Their attentiveness and concern were much appreciated, especially as I was traveling alone. What's more, the US Airways staff in every airport (Venice, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Frankfurt) were courteous and professional. I have absolutely no complaints with this airline and will fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by Randy Rahlf    (USA)

We flew from Denver - Phoenix - Puerto Vallarta on 12/25/13. Denver to Phoenix was ok. In Phoenix the female gate attendant was very rude, stating we must check our carry on bags. On board several open spaces in overheads. Puerto Vallarta-Phoenix flight was ok. Phoenix-Denver flight was the same rude female supervisor, again had to check carryon bag. FA's are rude and act like they are along just for the ride. This is the first and last experience with this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by S Forster    (USA)

Flew on 12/24/13 from SYR to PHL to GSP - worst experience due to USAir's inability to publish a flight schedule with connections that could be met and PHL HUB employees not having enough knowledge of alternative airports and airlines. Additionally, all personnel I spoke with at PHL or on the phone looking for assistance were very, very rude.

US Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mauricio Perez    (Mexico)

I flew from Guadalajara to Phoenix then to San Jose (GDL-PHX-SJC). In Guadalajara boarding was on-time and take off also on-time. We arrived to PHX at the scheduled time but we only had 1 hour to catch the next flight to SJC, we lost it because immigration queues were too congested. The staff of US Airways was perfect, they re-booked the tickets and we had to wait 4 more hours in the airport. When we were finally onboard the next plane (both Airbus A320) we had to wait 40 more minutes. Arrive at SJC 1 hour delayed.

US Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

PHL-SJU-PHL. Although I generally have a negative image of this airline, I must give credit where credit is due. Both flights were on newer A330's with very polite and attentive FA's, and both flights departed and landed on time despite snowy conditions in Philadelphia . The one complaint I have is that the IFE was not turned as this is only provided on transatlantic flights - how much exactly does it cost US Airways to turn on a system they already have installed in the aircraft?

US Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Amin Mayur    (USA)

Flew Fresno - Phoenix - Orlando, 3 day trip. Last month flew Fresno - Phoenix - Charlotte. Last trip was a nightmare because of delays - mechanical resulting in missed flights and a flight crew on the last leg that seemed to not be too concerned with the delay given it was late at night. Anyway booked again. This time first class. Good experience. First leg out operated by Sky West. Flight attendants - two of them talking loudly all the time. Were attentive to passenger needs. Hopefully will be more sensitive given that some of us had been up since 4 am to get ready for the flight. Rest of the trip was great. Bottom line flight crew is key to a positive experience. Will fly US Air again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Z Aksoy    (Turkey)

DFW to LGA via CLT. All flights went smoothly. I was a little nervous since we left Dallas 30 minutes late and had only 20 minutes for the connecting flight to LGA. However, flight to LGA boarded passengers from the same terminal that we arrived from which was very convenient (arrival and departure gate was right next to each other) My luggage also made it despite short connection time in Charlotte. I kept tracking my bag by using their iPhone application as well as the flight status while in the air. Crew members were extremely polite and offered more than one round of soft drinks and coffee. My only criticism would be their boarding policy. I was group 2 on the first flight but group 5 on the final flight even though I was sitting in the front section of the cabin. I received Star Alliance partner miles within 5 days into my account.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by M Martin    (USA)

I've been flying US Airways for nearly 3 months. Four flights per week for a total of 48. Nearly half of them have been delayed due to some sort of mechanical issue. These issues always take much longer than the expected amount of time to the point that I have missed 10 connections in that period. Two weeks ago I flew IAH to CLT to see my flight to SAV was delayed by 30 minutes, then 1 hour, then cancelled without explanation. Customer service offered a flight at 9 pm, 12 hours later. In fact, I'm currently on board a flight to CLT that cannot depart because the plane has had ice for an hour and a half. Rather than moving to have the plane de-iced at the north end of the airport they attempted to fix it with a heating truck, then a second one. The crew has been unsympathetic throughout and I'm frankly tired of it. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of booking my business flights. But, for those that have the option I would suggest avoiding US Airways if you intend to ever arrive on time.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Danny McNair    (USA)

When I checked in, I checked with the agent to make sure that the plane was not delayed and that I would not be running in to weather issues. She assured me that it would not be a problem because of my flight time. So I made no arrangements to rebook anything. That quickly turned out to be a lie. We started with a delayed flight out of DFW, 1.5 hours delayed while we waited on the plane to be de-iced. We finally arrive with passengers that had connections to Richmond and Denver. Due to the delay our planed landed 5-10 minutes too late to make the connection. Both planes were still at the gates. But, instead of holding the planes by 5-10 minutes, which by the way would not have caused any disruption of service because all of the planes that had connections were the last flights of the day. Instead a conscious decision was made to deliberately force all of the passengers to miss their planes and have to incur hotel, food and transportation expenses. I was one of the first passengers to be turned away. The gate agent was still at the gate, the plane was still at the gate, but she said they had shut the door and I was stuck for the night. I then got in line and was stuck on the next flight and sent on my way. The next day I get to the gate. It is a full flight and everyone in group 4 and 5 are told they can only have 1 bag or personal item. I checked with the agent and made sure that it was okay for me to have my laptop bag and my shopping bag. Then at the gate, I was told that I could not take my laptop bag. Instead I had to take both of my laptops out, check my laptop bag and then crush my designed hand bag and pastries by cramming them under the seat with my unprotected laptops. It seemed like every step of the way every agent of USAir intentionally tried to make this the worst possible trip possible.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Kerry Siebein    (USA)

I purchased two round trip tickets on USAirways for travel from DC to Orlando FL for the Thanksgiving holiday. We were unable to use the ticket for flight from DC to Orlando and U SAirways canceled our return tickets from Orlando to DC. I found this out when I tried to check in online for the return flight. We had to rent a car and drive from Orlando to DC because our tickets had been canceled.