US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

LGA-CLT-SDF-CLT-LGA, with the CLT-SDF segments operated by express carriers. I was worried about the short transit times and the vast CLT RJ complex but it more or less worked out. Departure from SDF-CLT was on a day with miserable weather but US made it out and I made the connection with maybe 1-2 minutes to spare. The LGA terminal is really a pleasure to use with short lines and a nice amount of space near the gates. Staff service was good throughout. Only problem is the lack of BOB even on the mainline flights - just offering nuts and chips is not enough during lunch time and with short connections, there's not really any other choice!

US Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by D Tunak    (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Philadelphia with a connection to Florida. Flights were on time, the planes (A330 and A321) were clean, modern and the staff on board and on ground were welcoming. The food on board was actually really good! The on-board entertainment was very good other than the touch screen wasn't very responsive, but no big deal! Having read reviews I was quite apprehensive about travelling with US Airways and honestly, I couldn't fault them. Pleasant flight, lots of stewardesses offering drinks, food etc. Would gladly use them again.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by P Maughan    (USA)

Having logged hundreds of thousands of miles world-wide, I would rank my recent experience with U.S. Airways be in the top two of my worst travel experiences. Oakland - Phoenix - New York - Phoenix - Oakland. Eastbound Oakland and westbound New York flights were both late departing (the latter by more than one hour). Nearly missed my eastbound Phoenix connection and actually did miss my westbound connecting Phoenix flight due to late departure from NYC. My Westbound flight took nearly 11 hours, from NYC to Oakland. I could have flown to Europe in that amount of time (less, actually). Promised meal eastbound was not provided, after all. Dinner consisted of a bag of pretzels. Bad news overall.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Leonardo Pavan    (Italy)

MIA-PHLin business class: the seats were nice and spacious, however didn't seem particularly clean. The service was OK, but nothing special, almost surly. PHL-VCE in business class: we had to wait to be airborne before the inflight entertainment was switched, the headphones and the TV screens installed in the individual cradles. Once that was done, the selection was rather limited. The service was OK, the attendants did what they had to do, but there was no enthusiasm in what they were doing overall, above all considering that the plane was half empty in both classes. The food was actually tasty and well presented. The seats a bit temperamental to begin with, and then not too comfortable: they didn't flat out completely, so not too conducive to sleeping. The lounge in PHL was nice, but the food selection there was extremely limited, surely if compared to other StarAlliance lounges around the world.

US Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by S Alex    (USA)

I was in 1C on a US Airways A321. The flight was a little over 5 hours, which was too long to be sitting in this seat. The seat was worn out, and reclined about as much as coach. And seat 1d was completely broken. The meal was average, and the service was poor. I would never pay for these seats and would only sit in them if I got a preferred upgrade.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by A Xifo    (USA)

I flew from Newport News, Virginia to L.A. with a connecting flight in Charlotte. The plane left Newport News about half an hour late and so it looked like I would miss my connecting flight. But I ran all the way from gate E to B9. I arrived at the gate to see that the plane was still taxied and attached to that little bridge walkway to board the plane. It looked like I made it, but when I tried to give my boarding pass to the lady, she very coldly told me I was too late. I tried to plead my case in a calm and rational way, but was told that the next flight was in an hour. It was actually in 2 hours, and when I called her out on it she just smirked.

US Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Rose Waugh    (Canada)

Been flying US Airways for a couple years now and have had nothing but the best of experiences. I base my review by comparing it to my experiences with other airlines - they are in my opinion the most organized airline. My goal when flying is to get from point A to point B and be somewhat on time. With US Airways, my flights have always been as scheduled. Seats are a bit more spacious than with other airlines too. I could not care less if the staff had a smile on their faces or not. Maybe they are like us and are having a bad day every now and again.

US Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by B Bernard    (USA)

Flew from San Francisco to Jacksonville FL. Flight crew acted like they hated their job, never smiled once, poor leg room and no onboard amenities, except a glass of water or coke. At least Delta gives you a cookie. Pay extra for JetBlue, they have by far superior service.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Peter Lewis    (UK)

LHR-CLT-CMH-PHL-LHR. Transatlantic legs in Envoy Suites, domestic in First. Was really very pleasantly surprised with the whole trip. The Envoy suites are very comfortable, fully flat, and private (particularly if you get the individual window seats) and are in fact very similar to AAs new business class flat beds on their new B777-300s or Qatars B787. However, the US Airways seats are clearly a more budget version with smaller TV screens etc (but just as comfy for sleeping). Reasonable selection of films, and the food was not bad at all. Excellent value- Booked less than a week before departure and this was the same price (slightly less in fact) as a full price Premium Economy fair on BA so absolutely no competition and would choose again without hesitation.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by M White    (USA)

October 29th,Boston to Charlotte, flight 657. Do you have any idea how rude the "customer service" representatives are in Charlotte? I have had two separate experiences with them in the past couple of months and I am just dumbfounded by it. We approached the Customer service desk where 3 employees were virtually filing their nails. They didn't say hello, they didn't smile. They weren't helpful. It was almost like they were aggravated to have to deal with us.

US Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Fred Pollack    (USA)

I have been flying for over 50 years, and I can honestly say that my recent round trip flight on US Airways from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv was the worst airline experience I have ever had. The first leg of this trip was from Los Angeles to Philadelphia, when I got on the plane, I looked around to plug in my earphones to hear some music, but the stewardess informed me that this flight did not have any way to either listen to music or watch a video. In addition, all food had to be purchased. The second leg of the trip was a 12 hour flight from Philadelphia to Tel Aviv. The TV screen on the back of the seat in front of me did not work, and when I told the steward, he attempted to fix it, but he was unsuccessful, consequently, I sat in a cramped seat for over 12 hours, with no music or video. When they served breakfast, there were two choices: eggs or blintzes - I asked for eggs, but I was told that they were out of eggs, and when I asked the steward to check the other aisle to see if there were any eggs left, he became angry. Unfortunately, the blintzes were covered with a sickeningly sweet jam which made them inedible. I will never, fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 November 2013 by N Hartmann    (USA)

Flew BNA-CLT-PVD. Overall, I had good flights, and didn't really experience any problems myself, but the airplanes themselves are old, and you can tell in the interior. Gogo wireless was a nice touch, but it wasn't always reliable, and was also a bit pricey - $17 for a day pass? The fact that they overbook bothers me. I saw families get bumped in CLT and didn't think that was a good business practice; only giving folks a $300 voucher for it isn't really helping their case, though I suppose it's better than no voucher.

US Airways Customer review :  26 October 2013 by E Lux    (Switzerland)

We will never fly US Airways again after this experience. The first three legs of our journey were OK - average service but on-time arrivals, but the last leg was a nightmare. Our flight was cancelled after a 4-hour delay, and while cancellations happen to all airlines, the way US Airways handled this one was appalling. Gate agents could not operate their own ticketing system to rebook passengers, baggage was delivered two hours late, and to a carousel in a different terminal, and US Airways employees had no idea what was going on and were generally indifferent to passenger needs. We were traveling with an infant, yet were given a hotel 15 minutes away, when there was another hotel connected to the airport that other families received. Overall just a complete disaster in terms of customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Cameron    (UK)

We flew GLA-PHL, on time with good service then the PHL-MCO connection was delayed due to a crew member being late, 30-45mins delay. After a wonderful holiday in Orlando, checked in at 11.30 in good time for our 3.05 flight to PHL then went through security and to the gate, departure screens said our flight would be delayed to 4.20 so it would not arrive in PHL until 18.20. Told we would miss our connection to GLA leaving at 18.40pm. They told us that the problem was another crew related issue! They rebooked us on plane departing PHL at 21.55 and arriving LHR at 10.00 the next morning then book us on a British Airways flight to GLA leaving at 12.10 arriving at 13.55, we would have originally been in GLA at 7.00 am but did not arrive till 14.00pm. When questioned US Airways said that there compensation policy is to just rebook passengers ASAP on the next flight available. The plane going from MCO-PHL an A330 did not have any inflight entertainment on this route despite having seat back TV's. That happened to be the same plane taking us to LHR but on that journey there was in-flight entertainment. So would not use US again unless desperate and would not recommend. Otherwise BA gave superb service on their flight and would defiantly recommend.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by John van Dalen    (USA)

PHL-PBI was the last leg on my first-class round trip to and from PSP. I had boarded USAir in Palm Springs that morning and flew to Phoenix. So far, so good. Then I flew Phoenix to Philadelphia. That's where it all fell apart. I was stranded at Philadelphia airport by US Airways when their last flight of the day departed early, leaving 3 connecting passengers abandoned. Dealing with the brick wall that is the US Airways customer service staff, my treatment was shameful, disrespectful and costly. USAir refused to rebook me because my reservation had been made via United Airlines. United told me that since my reservation was a First Class Mileage Award, the first compatible seat they could rebook me on was next Monday (5 days hence)! Consequently, I had to put myself up at the Sheraton in Philadelphia for the night and pay $508 to buy a one-way ticket from PHL-PBI. Adding insult to expensive injury, the flight I was supposed to take was first-class, non-stop. This one-way rip-off ticket was in coach and had a layover in Charlotte. On just this website alone and going back only about 8 weeks, I have encountered reviews of no less than a dozen passengers who have been stranded or treated miserably in Philadelphia by USAir. Coincidence? I don't think so. It is my belief that when an airline accepts your ticket to get from point A to point B that it assumes its share of responsibility for getting their passengers to their destination. I had already flown 2 out of the 3 legs of my flight that day. Departing early and stranding three connecting passengers is unconscionable.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Williams    (UK)

Flew from PHL to DEN round trip Oct. 17 returning Oct. 20. Upgraded on the flight to Denver and coach returning to Philadelphia. Both flights were on time and just as importantly the cabin crew were professional and overall did a good job. On the flight to PHL there was a medical emergency and the crew kept the passengers informed - as much as they could - regarding what was going on. Overall, good experience. People complain there's no IFE on US. Bring a book or your tablet to watch a movie.

US Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Phil Hawkins    (USA)

My 92-year-old father flew from Denver to Asheville, NC and when we got to Denver there was a guy at the ticket counter who helped my dad with his ticket, luggage and wheelchair. He could not have been nicer or more helpful. The lady who came with the wheelchair was a nice and patient as she could be with him. He reported later that all personnel with US Airways were very attentive and helpful in getting him through the airport. They may have been bad in the past, but this time they were the best airline I've seen.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by C Prattis    (UK)

Flew GLA-PHL-MCO and return. Excellent in every way, Seats and legroom were good, food was the usual economy food but does me fine, check-in was quick and simple, staff pleasant and flights on time, what more can I ask for. Only down side was the video screens, I was in window seat and couldn't see it properly but didn't bother me that much really. Would fly with them again no problem.

US Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by M Neave    (UK)

LHR-CLT-TPA-CLT-LHR. All flights left on time, flights on the international leg is an A330-300 which is a good aircraft 2-4-2 seat configuration, large seat back screens for showing a good selection of movies. TV shows, games etc, seating was ok with good legroom on all the flights. My only complaint is the food, both ways the offering was chicken with rice or pasta surely they can come up with more choice than this, also a muffin for breakfast is not much to offer. One other gripe I have but this is not exclusively US airways but all American carriers, why are passengers allowed to take such large baggage in the cabin, some suitcases were bigger than mine that went in the hold. Generally I was pleased with the service I got on all flights and would use US airways again for future travel.