US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Anna Goldshteyn    (USA)

This review is based on the first, and only experience with US Airways. I usually fly 4-6 times per year and would not hold the airline responsible for weather related delays. Unfortunately, the airline is not prepared to handle emergencies of any kind. I was supposed to fly February 14 to Costa Rica, flight was cancelled as I was proceeding to board due to "mechanical issues", rescheduled to Sunday. I lost 3 days of vacation without reimbursement. Coming back on February 23rd, my connecting flight from Costa Rica was delayed by 30 minutes. The airline refused to accommodate or even hold the connecting flight. I had to go through Customs, recheck the bag and run to anther terminal all under 45 minutes. I arrived at the gate 10 minutes before scheduled departure time, panting, only to find that my seat was given up to someone else and was I rebooked to the following morning. The Customer Service at US Airways, handed me a number for the hotel, very nonchalant since it was the end of her shift and she was ready to head home. I, on the other hand paid for the cab, checked into a hotel at my own expense. Customer service is completely lacking.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Michell Ruedadeleon    (USA)

I travel a lot for work and always take Southwest. I live in AZ and usually have to fly to east coast / Midwest during bad weather and have never had an issue with delays or the staff and they give you snacks. This time I had to fly using US going to NY and the day of my flight leaving (2/21/14) the weather was warmer, just a little rain and some fog. Every other flight was on time but US. A flight that was to leave at 4.30 and was now not leaving until 8. Horrible service.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Brian Lally    (USA)

I recently flew on February 15th from Boston to Providenciales (Turks and Caicos). I found this airline to be good, on time boarding, staff were very good. They came around with beverage service and then tea and coffee about an hour before landing in Turks. Coming back to Boston yesterday was a disaster I know it's school vacation week but the service at Providenciales Airport was extremely slow almost causing us to miss our flight to Boston. The service onboard yesterday's flight to Boston was minimal. They only came around with beverage service once. No service for tea and coffee. It was though a quick flight and the pilot made up travel time in the air after our brief 1 hour delay leaving Turks and Caicos.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by O Homes    (USA)

I flew US Airways on a round-trip from Birmingham to Denver. Both flights were cancelled or delayed for several hours. When trying to change my flight they put me as a second priority and were incredibly rude to me. I will never use this airline again and I strongly advise everyone else not to use it.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by R Slocum    (USA)

We flew from PHL to St. Thomas and back on US Air on Feb 15 and returned on Feb 20. We paid extra for what we thought was economy plus, but there was no more leg room than in coach. Of course, US Air has no inflight entertainment. There was not enough food for purchase on the way down. Flight attendants urged us to complain to US Air on the net about it. Flight attendants were great and very apologetic about the lack of food. On the return flight, we were about 3 hours late due to a mechanical problem. I fly United, Delta, Virgin America, Jet Blue and US Air a decent amount. No question that Virgin is by far the best followed by JetBlue. Of the remaining 3, Delta is better than the other two, with US Air on the very bottom of the list.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Peter Mickel    (USA)

BTV to PHL to CDG and return, Airbus A330/200 on the long haul. Despite snowstorm at BTV, departure was only 25 minute delayed, remainder of flights on time, departed CDG earlier than scheduled. Business class on the A330, Envoy seating. Clean cabin, friendly professional crew. Envoy suites were excellent, quiet and comfortable, IFE worked great. Food service was excellent, nice menu, entrees were delivered almost too hot to eat. Ground crews at both ends were friendly and helpful, our luggage beat us to the carousel both times. Boarding area at CDG is a little drab, could use a little facelift.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

Flew Manchester UK to Philadelphia and then on to Miami return - Economy. Very good experience on all 4 flights. All flights left on time and either arrived on time or early. US Airways use A330 wide body from Manchester to Philadelphia with 2-4-2 seating which is great for couples as you can easily get 2 seats together. US airways website lets you choose your seats as soon as you book for free unlike lots of the other major airlines (e.g. BA) which charge economy class to pre book seats. Plenty of leg room and space around seats. Great inflight entertainment on Manchester to Philadelphia leg with personal video screen and on demand movies, TV and games. Lots of films to choose from. Food ok - usual airline offering. No better or worse than all the rest. Soft drinks, tea and coffee are free throughout the flight. Free wine with meal but there is a charge after that, plus there is a charge for other alcoholic drinks. Staff attentive and efficient. Flight from Philadelphia to Miami on A321 - lots of leg room but no IFE - only a couple of hours so no problem. No charge for soft drinks/tea/coffee but there is a charge for food or alcohol. All in all a good experience - would always use US airways from Manchester to the US rather than American, BA, United or Delta as IFE superior and they use wide body aircraft. Immigration/customs and change of planes in Philadelphia is easy and quick.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by S Straubhaar    (USA)

We were booked from LAX to CLT. Flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. We were rebooked out of a different airport. No transportation costs were provided or refunded. We had preferred seats on our first flight reserved and confirmed, but then when rebooked we were assigned middle seats. Even though there were other seats available, US Airways refused to give us other seats, even with Star Gold. status. Inflight crew were yelling at passengers getting on board about the carry ons, we were questioned from FA about our carry ons, even though we only had 1 backpack each. One drink service on a 4 hours flight. Flight crew decided to chat loudly in the back galley on this red eye flight. I hope that American Airlines doesn't adopt the US Airways policy of "useless" air.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by F Pervaze    (USA)

As an EP with American, flew US Airways from TPA to PHL on 1/10/2014. The seats are terrible, American offers free food and drinks to their Elite Passengers but US Airways does not. As an EP with American for 10 years this is one of the worst airline that American merged with. US /American CEO Doug Parker needs to take care of AA Elite Passengers or they will fly United or Delta.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by J O'Brien    (USA)

Flew from Providence to Charlotte. Going in, I was very optimistic that everything was going to be fine, and we would land in St. Kitts the same day. I was wrong. When we got to the gate, we were kindly informed that our flight had been delayed 4 hours, because the "crew needed more rest." They also informed us that we were going to miss our connecting flight to St Kitts, from Charlotte, and that we wouldn't be able to catch a flight until next Friday to St. Kitts, as they have very limited booking. After switching to another airline entirely, we got a flight to St. Kitts the next day, and we were on our way. Once on the U.S. Airways flight to Charlotte, the captain informed us that they "knew the flight would be delayed the night before." If U.S. Airways had informed us the night before, instead of a half an hour before our flight was supposed to leave, then we might've been able to get another flight to connect to the flight to St. Kitts. This has been, by far, the worst performance of customer experience I've ever seen.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Kevin Hayed    (USA)

Had a flight out of JFK during a snow storm. Our flight was canceled after waiting through 3 different mechanical issues and 11 hours. We boarded the same plane 2 separate times over 8 hours and were offered 1 glass of water. My trip home was delayed 24 hours with no hotel voucher given, causing me to miss a day of work. US Airways offered $100 voucher for my troubles! I would have been ok with a weather delay considering the snow storm, but mechanical? 3 on the same plane? Then continued mechanical delays on three other planes through connecting flights.

US Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by R Sanyal    (USA)

Flew from Boise to Indianapolis via Phoenix. All flights left and arrived punctually. Attentive flight attendant. Good food service. Good selection of drinks. Cabin spacious with light colored furnishings - Airbus 320. Seat comfortable. Quick boarding and disembarkation. Regular announcements by pilot about weather on route. Overall, very impressive.

US Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by D Brown    (USA)

Flight from FLL to CLT. (2 times, A320 and 737) Flight was on time, crew friendly. Plane extremely uncomfortable. I am average male, 5'10", 150lb. No legroom, seats narrow and short. I hope US Airways works on pax comfort in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by S Love    (USA)

TPA-PHL-Rome over Christmas. Treated myself to 1st/Biz to Europe but took Economy back. Unpleasantly surprised by the rushed, unfriendly service in first cabin to Europe. there weren't that many flight attendants (mostly men) and they were all in a hurry and don't seem to like their jobs much. The new lie-flat bed was great, though small - bigger folks beware. Fook was OK. was glad I didn't bother to spring for biz class on way back. Economy is OK.

US Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by V Hinton    (USA)

Was traveling from DC to Hartford on 1/24/14. Flight to DC was coming from Jacksonville, FLA - no weather problems in either JAX/DC/CT. The DC departure to CT was over 2 hours late. To make matters worse, the plane from DC to Hartford bumped anyone off sitting in rows 19 and beyond. Imagine waiting to board a plane and then due to your seat # - told you couldn't board, but that there was another flight 6 hours later!

US Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Robles Maria    (USA)

We used a travel agency to book our flight Fresno to Mexico City. Our seating was confirmed, we paid extra for selecting our seats. At check-in we were told that we would be charged $25 for using a 27 inch suitcase instead of a 21 inch suitcase. Then they wanted to charge us another $95 for being 6 pounds over in weight. We had to run and buy a backpack for the items we took out. Then asked to see our passports and told our return flight was changed from the afternoon to early morning and we: my husband and 2 daughters were scattered all over the plane. I was told they could change the seating in Mexico on our return flight. In Mexico City on our return home to Fresno CA, arrived at the airport asked about changing back our seating to the original seating arrangement, everyone said they could not help me. They only changed my seating to sit next to my husband. When they rescheduled our flight, our arrival time in Phoenix was at 11am and or boarding time to Fresno was at 11.20 am. and when I voiced this concern all I was told was that we had better run.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by S Camerer    (USA)

Took my twin 6 year olds and 2 year old to Disney, from Boston, with a stop in Charlotte, NC. We were delayed by a late plane that then had to be de-iced. An hour and 1/2 after our scheduled departure, I asked a crew member for some milk for my baby's bottle. The elder of the 2 grouchy crew members said we don't have milk! The 2 year old screamed for most of the flight. We had a connecting flight in Charlotte, due to leave 5 mins before our new arrival time. No information was given to anyone. We finally get to our new gate (B8, Charlotte, about 7pm on 1/18/14). We were treated like misbehaved school children. They put us in 4 seats that were spread across the plane. I was met with a glare and an attitude. Onboard was not much better. Service and attitude poor across the board with this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Charles Lacoste    (Australia)

We took US Airways flights earlier this month ORD-CLT-ILM round trip. Pretty happy with them. Short flights…but check-in was a pleasure (we got stuck overnight Chicago due to a late connecting flight and bad weather and US airways gave us a voucher for a very reduced rate at a local hotel and re-scheduled us for the next day - no charge. Check-in staff at ORD and ILM excellent, particularly ORD where they spent a lot of time trying to find alternatives for us, no luck - terrible weather and flights beyond full. Aircraft's have done some hard work, but still pretty comfortable - leather seats, enough legroom. Cabin crews were helpful and friendly - regardless of age.

US Airways Customer review :  16 January 2014 by Ovist Vin    (USA)

January 15 2014. Flew from Palm Springs to Portland with connection in Phoenix. Connection was "legal" with 28 minutes from first flight touchdown to door closure on connecting flight. Of course the flight in was in a separate terminal so the time to get from one gate to the other was a 30 minute ordeal. Needless to say of the 4 passengers that were to connect, none made it. When I arrived at the connecting gate after running across the entire Phoenix airport, I was greeted by a very non caring gate crew. They immediately asked me if I was connecting from Palm Springs, and when I said yes, the gate rep just said that the flight was closed and I have to take another flight. I asked if they knew we were coming in from Palm Springs and they knew the plane had landed and they knew we were all coming from about a mile away, then why on earth would they not hold the door an extra ten minutes. This is their scheduling screw-up not mine. The lack of apology and talking to us as if the whole thing was somehow our fault, just puts a bad taste in my mouth.