US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Amin Mayur    (USA)

Flew Fresno - Phoenix - Orlando, 3 day trip. Last month flew Fresno - Phoenix - Charlotte. Last trip was a nightmare because of delays - mechanical resulting in missed flights and a flight crew on the last leg that seemed to not be too concerned with the delay given it was late at night. Anyway booked again. This time first class. Good experience. First leg out operated by Sky West. Flight attendants - two of them talking loudly all the time. Were attentive to passenger needs. Hopefully will be more sensitive given that some of us had been up since 4 am to get ready for the flight. Rest of the trip was great. Bottom line flight crew is key to a positive experience. Will fly US Air again.

US Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Z Aksoy    (Turkey)

DFW to LGA via CLT. All flights went smoothly. I was a little nervous since we left Dallas 30 minutes late and had only 20 minutes for the connecting flight to LGA. However, flight to LGA boarded passengers from the same terminal that we arrived from which was very convenient (arrival and departure gate was right next to each other) My luggage also made it despite short connection time in Charlotte. I kept tracking my bag by using their iPhone application as well as the flight status while in the air. Crew members were extremely polite and offered more than one round of soft drinks and coffee. My only criticism would be their boarding policy. I was group 2 on the first flight but group 5 on the final flight even though I was sitting in the front section of the cabin. I received Star Alliance partner miles within 5 days into my account.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by M Martin    (USA)

I've been flying US Airways for nearly 3 months. Four flights per week for a total of 48. Nearly half of them have been delayed due to some sort of mechanical issue. These issues always take much longer than the expected amount of time to the point that I have missed 10 connections in that period. Two weeks ago I flew IAH to CLT to see my flight to SAV was delayed by 30 minutes, then 1 hour, then cancelled without explanation. Customer service offered a flight at 9 pm, 12 hours later. In fact, I'm currently on board a flight to CLT that cannot depart because the plane has had ice for an hour and a half. Rather than moving to have the plane de-iced at the north end of the airport they attempted to fix it with a heating truck, then a second one. The crew has been unsympathetic throughout and I'm frankly tired of it. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of booking my business flights. But, for those that have the option I would suggest avoiding US Airways if you intend to ever arrive on time.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Danny McNair    (USA)

When I checked in, I checked with the agent to make sure that the plane was not delayed and that I would not be running in to weather issues. She assured me that it would not be a problem because of my flight time. So I made no arrangements to rebook anything. That quickly turned out to be a lie. We started with a delayed flight out of DFW, 1.5 hours delayed while we waited on the plane to be de-iced. We finally arrive with passengers that had connections to Richmond and Denver. Due to the delay our planed landed 5-10 minutes too late to make the connection. Both planes were still at the gates. But, instead of holding the planes by 5-10 minutes, which by the way would not have caused any disruption of service because all of the planes that had connections were the last flights of the day. Instead a conscious decision was made to deliberately force all of the passengers to miss their planes and have to incur hotel, food and transportation expenses. I was one of the first passengers to be turned away. The gate agent was still at the gate, the plane was still at the gate, but she said they had shut the door and I was stuck for the night. I then got in line and was stuck on the next flight and sent on my way. The next day I get to the gate. It is a full flight and everyone in group 4 and 5 are told they can only have 1 bag or personal item. I checked with the agent and made sure that it was okay for me to have my laptop bag and my shopping bag. Then at the gate, I was told that I could not take my laptop bag. Instead I had to take both of my laptops out, check my laptop bag and then crush my designed hand bag and pastries by cramming them under the seat with my unprotected laptops. It seemed like every step of the way every agent of USAir intentionally tried to make this the worst possible trip possible.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Kerry Siebein    (USA)

I purchased two round trip tickets on USAirways for travel from DC to Orlando FL for the Thanksgiving holiday. We were unable to use the ticket for flight from DC to Orlando and U SAirways canceled our return tickets from Orlando to DC. I found this out when I tried to check in online for the return flight. We had to rent a car and drive from Orlando to DC because our tickets had been canceled.

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by R Alexander    (USA)

I feel that there is simply no excuse travel on a transcontinental flight and be served no meals, except the horrible choice that you are given and have to buy. Airlines should be required to serve at least one meal without charge when you are flying all of the way across the USA! On the way back, on the last leg of my journey back home to Newport News Virginia, we were not even served water!

US Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Nicolas Simonis    (Greece)

Booked my flight AND free seat selection (8E) on 6/9 for my flight to PHL on the 15/11/13. At check in they gave me seat 24 which was the worst though 8E had been confirmed by US Air. They said that they have no obligation to provide the confirmed seat of my choice! Strongly complained to supervisor via phone, and asked for aisle seat for my return flight on the 8/12/2013. He said plane was almost full and the best he could do was give me an aisle seat, row again 24. Plane was 1/3 full, practically empty and at PHL airport I was given row 12. Inflight service both ways far below average, no comments on food. This airline in no way can compare with European airlines and this was my fourth disappointing experience with this company.

US Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by A Tyler    (USA)

I flew from Honolulu to PHX, and PHX back to Honolulu. I was very disappointed with this airline, my first impression was horrible. Going to PHX from HNL, the flight attendants on US airways were very rude and unprofessional. The aircraft that services HNL is always the 757. It was very squashed, no wifi, 3 by 3 seating configuration on the left and right side, thus no room to move around. The interior of the plane was falling apart, tray tables did not at all stay in the lock position. Lighting, everything seemed out dated. Meal service was horrible, you have to pay for meals where as on Hawaiian Airlines all meals are complimentary. Coming back from PHX to HNL flight attendant and customer service was very outstandingly rude. We were delayed 1 hour because we had to wait on a US air flight attendant who was late. This is unacceptable.

US Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Katharine Coyne    (USA)

My son had a very expensive round-trip ticket for Thanksgiving break: Spokane to Los Angeles with transfers in Phoenix. We confirmed the flights online. We tried to check in at the airport on Dec 1 for the return flight at least 30 min early (6am). My son had only one carry-on and a backpack. Theoretically he could use the automatic kiosk to get his boarding pass and go directly through security. They had already sold his ticket. The woman behind the counter wasted our time. It took 10 more minutes to call the supervisor. They were rude and told us we should have been there 45 min early. They gave my son a standby ticket for flights when the Phoenix transfer was at 9pm with no chance of getting aboard. That would mean he would be sitting at the airport from 6am to 9pm! I had to pay a change of flight fee $225 plus $250 for the next day.

US Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Christie Nunan    (USA)

My two young kids and I flew US Airways over the thanksgiving holiday. All four of our flights were on time, and the connections were all within the same terminal which was a plus. The staff were friendly on every flight as well. On our last flight the airplane didn't have enough seats due to a smaller airplane than expected, so all the passengers in the last ten rows had to be put on different flights. It was obviously an inconvenience, but they did a phenomenal job handling it. They immediately put us on another flight that was leaving at the exact same time, got an airport cart to take us to our new terminal, gave us each $200 vouchers, and delivered our luggage to our home. They were so kind and apologetic, what more can anyone ask for!

US Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by A Gilbert    (USA)

On Columbus Day Weekend from MYR to LGA through CLT, the first flight was scheduled to leave at 2.23 then from CLT to LGA at 4.30. When I got to the airport at Myrtle, the lady at the counter told me my flight was not leaving until 4.50 because of a "mechanical error." I received no notification or email. She put me on a 10 pm flight to LGA without my consent. This is absolutely unacceptable for an airline. She refused to tell me that there were earlier flights available, so I looked myself and found a flight on Delta which left 3 hours earlier. The staff at US Airways are so unsympathetic and simply do not care about the customers. I recommend flying any other airline unless US airways is your only option. The flight attendants refused to apologize for this too. Never again on this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Vanesa Bijol    (USA)

Our flight from Flagstaff to Phoenix was canceled due to fog and our second leg was rescheduled for 12 hours later without ever getting in touch with me to have my permission for this move. I drove to Phoenix to catch my second flight and got there on time but was not able to get on that flight because they already gave away my tickets. Mind you, economy class, over $2.5k for 2 tickets and then you get pushed around whichever way! I wonder whether you just turned around and ripped someone off to sell my tickets and then reschedule me for an overnight trip! Not to mention that the rest of the service was not that hot either. The person on the phone was not so polite or helpful, in addition. Really a huge disappointment, US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Paul Obyrne    (Ireland)

I started flying with US Airways a few years ago when they offered competitive business class (envoy) fares from Ireland and received a Dividend Miles Gold Card from them two years ago. On 9th November 2013 I flew first class on an internal flight from Tampa to Charlotte. I had to pay $50 to spend one hour in the US Airways Club in Tampa airport, a lounge that does not offer a shower facility. The fact that I was flying first class and holding a US Airways Dividend Miles gold card was irrelevant to the staff at the reception desk there. I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by M Capozzi    (USA)

We flew with one-stop from Boston to Phoenix and then Phoenix to Maui, Hawaii. Each leg of the trip was about 6 hours, so we splurged for 1st Class, assuming it would be more comfortable and have full amenities one would expect at $1,300 per seat (one way). Pulled out my headphones, but found nowhere on the seat to plug into? Was told there were no music, TV, movies or other entertainment options. Wi-Fi was offered at a price, but it still would not allow for any streaming services so what's the point? Staff were polite and matter of fact. Meal was mediocre, even for airline food. No complaint with the beverage service, they realize it's the best way to medicate you. We eventually had 3 each and fell asleep. We had about 40 minutes between flights and they didn't announce the gates for connecting flights at the end of the flight, as many airlines do, for their passenger's convenience. On the ground in Phoenix, we learned that the gate for our second flight to Maui was clear on the other side of the airport, so we hurried with our carry-ons to the far end, some 30 gates away. As soon as we got there, they announced a gate change that flight, which required us to rush right back across the entire airport again, to the gate area where we had started at!! Everyone already at the gate bolted for the far end of the airport along with us. Insane. Even Jet Blue economy is a better flight experience. We will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

Nov 21, MOB-CLT-ORD. CR7 from Mobile to Charlotte. Flight boarded on time and left 15 minutes early. Flight attendant was nice and let everyone sleep as it was a 6am flight. Landed on time and long walk from Concourse E to B for connecting flight. A321 to ORD - boarded and flight attendant at the door had her back to the door so wasn't greeting anyone. Then the next FA as you walked into the coach cabin was on here cell phone and either ignored the passengers coming in or waved them a "hello". Totally unprofessional and rude. Flight was packed but left on time. Smooth flight and comfortable seats - limited service from FA's. Really will be interesting to see what happens with the merger with AA.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by M Amin    (USA)

I experienced delays inbound and outbound. In cabin satisfaction is dependent on the crew. Flight back to SFO, captain reported 2 tyres needed to be changed. Should be done in 15 mins, comes back with 20 min extensions for total delay of 60-90 mins. No inflight beverage service. Never experienced this on other flights. Good for the crew, they got to sit out. Delayed arrival because of mechanical issue. Flown many times. I would describe myself as a non complainer on flights so far as I have accepted the decline in service in general.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by S Pizzey    (UK)

Manchester UK to Fort Lauderdale, via Philadelphia. Trans Atlantic in Envoy A332. Great seats, and meal was excellent. The service is not to BA or Virgin standards but was never the less very good. Lounge stop over at Philadelphia was very good and economy trip to FLL, on an airbus A321, nice flight with good seats. Return FLL to PHL on an Embraer 195, first time on this plane, and very good experience, 2 plus 2 seating in economy. Club Lounge at PHL was an excellent oasis, although not a patch on BA or Virgin lounges. A332 in Envoy for trip back to UK, was great again, although staff on this flight not as good and the food served was lukewarm and attention to detail was lacking, bread offered after you had eaten the main course! Breakfast omelette and sausage was good. Overall a great Enoy experience once again, I do hope that Envoy brand is retained when the AA/ US merger is complete, otherwise I will miss the US Airways experience, as I can honestly say I have never had a bad flight with them, and I have had quite a few.