US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by V Hinton    (USA)

Was traveling from DC to Hartford on 1/24/14. Flight to DC was coming from Jacksonville, FLA - no weather problems in either JAX/DC/CT. The DC departure to CT was over 2 hours late. To make matters worse, the plane from DC to Hartford bumped anyone off sitting in rows 19 and beyond. Imagine waiting to board a plane and then due to your seat # - told you couldn't board, but that there was another flight 6 hours later!

US Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Robles Maria    (USA)

We used a travel agency to book our flight Fresno to Mexico City. Our seating was confirmed, we paid extra for selecting our seats. At check-in we were told that we would be charged $25 for using a 27 inch suitcase instead of a 21 inch suitcase. Then they wanted to charge us another $95 for being 6 pounds over in weight. We had to run and buy a backpack for the items we took out. Then asked to see our passports and told our return flight was changed from the afternoon to early morning and we: my husband and 2 daughters were scattered all over the plane. I was told they could change the seating in Mexico on our return flight. In Mexico City on our return home to Fresno CA, arrived at the airport asked about changing back our seating to the original seating arrangement, everyone said they could not help me. They only changed my seating to sit next to my husband. When they rescheduled our flight, our arrival time in Phoenix was at 11am and or boarding time to Fresno was at 11.20 am. and when I voiced this concern all I was told was that we had better run.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by S Camerer    (USA)

Took my twin 6 year olds and 2 year old to Disney, from Boston, with a stop in Charlotte, NC. We were delayed by a late plane that then had to be de-iced. An hour and 1/2 after our scheduled departure, I asked a crew member for some milk for my baby's bottle. The elder of the 2 grouchy crew members said we don't have milk! The 2 year old screamed for most of the flight. We had a connecting flight in Charlotte, due to leave 5 mins before our new arrival time. No information was given to anyone. We finally get to our new gate (B8, Charlotte, about 7pm on 1/18/14). We were treated like misbehaved school children. They put us in 4 seats that were spread across the plane. I was met with a glare and an attitude. Onboard was not much better. Service and attitude poor across the board with this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Charles Lacoste    (Australia)

We took US Airways flights earlier this month ORD-CLT-ILM round trip. Pretty happy with them. Short flights…but check-in was a pleasure (we got stuck overnight Chicago due to a late connecting flight and bad weather and US airways gave us a voucher for a very reduced rate at a local hotel and re-scheduled us for the next day - no charge. Check-in staff at ORD and ILM excellent, particularly ORD where they spent a lot of time trying to find alternatives for us, no luck - terrible weather and flights beyond full. Aircraft's have done some hard work, but still pretty comfortable - leather seats, enough legroom. Cabin crews were helpful and friendly - regardless of age.

US Airways Customer review :  16 January 2014 by Ovist Vin    (USA)

January 15 2014. Flew from Palm Springs to Portland with connection in Phoenix. Connection was "legal" with 28 minutes from first flight touchdown to door closure on connecting flight. Of course the flight in was in a separate terminal so the time to get from one gate to the other was a 30 minute ordeal. Needless to say of the 4 passengers that were to connect, none made it. When I arrived at the connecting gate after running across the entire Phoenix airport, I was greeted by a very non caring gate crew. They immediately asked me if I was connecting from Palm Springs, and when I said yes, the gate rep just said that the flight was closed and I have to take another flight. I asked if they knew we were coming in from Palm Springs and they knew the plane had landed and they knew we were all coming from about a mile away, then why on earth would they not hold the door an extra ten minutes. This is their scheduling screw-up not mine. The lack of apology and talking to us as if the whole thing was somehow our fault, just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

US Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by I Cotrupi    (USA)

We sat on the tarmac for an hour, got into the air only to be told there was a mechanical error. Flew in circles around the airport for 4.5 hours (longer than my actual flight) to burn off fuel, were treated rudely by staff and no beverages were offered the entire time. Our rescheduled flight was for 7.30 am the next morning and when we arrived it said it was on time for 8.45am. When I asked they said that even though it was late it wasn't really their fault so even though it was over an hour late it was still considered on time. They then double booked my grandfathers seat and tried to move him out of first class. On our way back, we sat in line for 3.5 hours to check in because the system had crashed and the flight was delayed 2 hours just so that they could check everyone in which meant I almost missed my connecting flight. I am currently waiting on my bags, the next day. I am never flying US airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by A Denison    (UK)

LHR to Philadelphia. Good catering. Very full flight. Pleasant cabin crew. Touchscreen was a bit unresponsive at times but all in all, not bad for 8 hour economy flight. Unfortunately, ended up with a middle seat.

US Airways Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Robby Lasman    (USA)

We flew from Philadelphia to Dominican Republic round trip. Overall it was a good experience though the airline needs to do a lot to improve their inflight service.

US Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Devan King    (USA)

I flew from Denver to Charlotte to get a connecting flight to Jacksonville, NC. The Denver flight was delayed 1.5 hrs due to maintenance therefore I missed my connecting flight, they rebooked me for another flight but I had to stay the night in Charlotte but gave me a hotel voucher for a booked hotel. The flight from Charlotte to Jacksonville was also delayed due to maintenance. Moral of the story, US Airways has horrible planes that always need maintenance. Don't fly with them unless you want to be late or miss every connecting flight.

US Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Riggio    (USA)

I recently flew U.S. Airways from Denver to Boston, MA. Although I had to change my flight from one day to the next and pay an extra fee for the change, the flight was very comfortable. After I arrived in Boston, I knew that my bags were MIA. I had recently flown from San Francisco to Denver and they sent my bags to Washington D.C. even though I never made that flight, but since I was scheduled to be in Boston, I had to travel knowing I didn't have my bags. I was very pleased with Susan at customer service in Boston. As I arrived, she promptly assisted me in locating my bags. She was also extremely pleasant to me as a customer. Needless to say, because of her my bags were returned and I will definitely be flying U.S. again!

US Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Maurice Mourton    (Canada)

This has to be the worst airline I have flown on, and I do travel a lot. Our recent supposedly first class flight from PVR to YVR started late in PVR due to technical difficulties. A two hour 10 minute flight in first, ranks a cardboard cup of coffee and a bag of potato chips! The second leg was delayed due to technical problems, then when ready to leave a drunken passenger had to be removed on the insistence of a passenger (the attendant said he knew he was drunk but not how much) and then the plane developed a mechanical problem necessitating a plane change. 4 hours late and what did first class passengers get for their now 7 plus hour trip-yes you guessed it a bag of chips and a drink. They should be banned from Star Alliance Membership until a new experienced in customer service CEO is hired. Clearly this is the fault of the Executive not the cabin crew. By the way no inflight entertainment and the seat in front of me was broken.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Rosalind Helfand    (USA)

I flew in November 2013. Rarely have I experienced such stressed out, miserable flight attendants. Their unhappiness changed the tenor of the entire trip. There were no unusual conditions with the trip. We had a packed flight, but we weren't running late, and passengers weren't making any special demands or causing problems. The attendants' facial expressions, body language, and polite curtness spoke of barely held in tension. In addition to that, passengers were herded onto the plane, managed like we were an inconvenience (again, politely, but still the feeling was there), and the plane itself was dirty. While US Airways is offering some good flight deals, I don't feel inclined to fly an airline where the staff are clearly not happy with their jobs. Additionally, US Airways needs to beef up their efforts to provide a great experience for their customers.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Michael Calma    (USA)

Multiple frustration with seating arrangements we (fiancé and I) purchased our ticket a month in advance and were later told that we would be together. Found or seating arrangement a week before the flight and seated separately. No customer service would help. When boarding I was holding my tablet in hand my back pack and wheeled baggage. They got on my case about my tablet that I was only allowed a carry on and personal bag. Told I would need to put my tablet in the bag. Or check in one of my bags. They were dead serious that they wanted me to step aside and put my tablet in my carry on or else have to check-in my bag. Seats were cramped and I'm a slightly small framed individual.

US Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by C Adrian    (USA)

Traveled from Long Beach to Phoenix and then onward to JFK Airport on red-eye flight. This flight left much to be desired as everything from the hard to soft product are abysmal. Domestic first seats are unbearably uncomfortable to sleep in with the angle recline only going down about 3-5 inches. As for the on board amenities, free alcohol and few select chips just doesn't cut it though they do offer meals on non red-eye flights from what I've been told. It gets even better as the sad excuse of a blanket they provided for sleep was a thin fabric that can easily be mistaken for as a table cloth. Club access in Phoenix was granted with *G and much like the flight, it left a lot to be desired as well - stale crackers, unappealing soup, and choices of free and paid drinks. Positive to flight was that staff service is fair and ground handling was par. As a star alliance traveler, I really wished there was a better alternative to traveling domestic US.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by D Kissel    (Italy)

I flew from Italy to Pittsburgh (via Philadelphia) on Nov 14, 2013, with return on Dec 28, 2013 via Philadelphia and Frankfurt. On my return flight to Frankfurt (A330 plane with IFE at seat), I felt very dizzy and was about to pass out halfway into the flight. The flight attendants in Economy promptly assisted me and checked on me every 10 minutes to see how I was feeling. Their attentiveness and concern were much appreciated, especially as I was traveling alone. What's more, the US Airways staff in every airport (Venice, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Frankfurt) were courteous and professional. I have absolutely no complaints with this airline and will fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by Randy Rahlf    (USA)

We flew from Denver - Phoenix - Puerto Vallarta on 12/25/13. Denver to Phoenix was ok. In Phoenix the female gate attendant was very rude, stating we must check our carry on bags. On board several open spaces in overheads. Puerto Vallarta-Phoenix flight was ok. Phoenix-Denver flight was the same rude female supervisor, again had to check carryon bag. FA's are rude and act like they are along just for the ride. This is the first and last experience with this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  31 December 2013 by S Forster    (USA)

Flew on 12/24/13 from SYR to PHL to GSP - worst experience due to USAir's inability to publish a flight schedule with connections that could be met and PHL HUB employees not having enough knowledge of alternative airports and airlines. Additionally, all personnel I spoke with at PHL or on the phone looking for assistance were very, very rude.

US Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mauricio Perez    (Mexico)

I flew from Guadalajara to Phoenix then to San Jose (GDL-PHX-SJC). In Guadalajara boarding was on-time and take off also on-time. We arrived to PHX at the scheduled time but we only had 1 hour to catch the next flight to SJC, we lost it because immigration queues were too congested. The staff of US Airways was perfect, they re-booked the tickets and we had to wait 4 more hours in the airport. When we were finally onboard the next plane (both Airbus A320) we had to wait 40 more minutes. Arrive at SJC 1 hour delayed.

US Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Antonis Asprakis    (USA)

PHL-SJU-PHL. Although I generally have a negative image of this airline, I must give credit where credit is due. Both flights were on newer A330's with very polite and attentive FA's, and both flights departed and landed on time despite snowy conditions in Philadelphia . The one complaint I have is that the IFE was not turned as this is only provided on transatlantic flights - how much exactly does it cost US Airways to turn on a system they already have installed in the aircraft?