US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by N Mahmoodi    (USA)

I have never experienced such rudeness as I did with the US Airways personnel at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. I had booked my redeye flight from PHX to EWR nearly 3 weeks in advance. I chose a window seat. After checking in to my flight at the airport I realized I was assigned a middle seat. Since I had arrived 4 hours before departure, I was the first person at my gate. The gate agent was curt. It was almost time to board, there was still no gate agent to be found. 80% of my fellow passengers, myself included, found out through word-of-mouth of a gate change. I grabbed my belongings and ran from A18 to A25, eager to restore my original seat assignment. However, I had hardly introduced my situation before the new gate agent cut me off and said, "Sorry, no room." The customer service agent could not have been more indifferent and reluctant to do her job. I went back to my gate, where my flight had been delayed more than 2 hours. There was yet another unannounced gate change. Finally, it was time to board. Despite sitting in the 13th row, I was in the last boarding group and thus was forced to gate-check my bag, which now reassured that I would be late to work in the morning. This experience ruined the weekend.

US Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Lee Daum    (USA)

Probably the worst airline I have travelled on in 10 years. Service was bad. Connecting flights didn't connect and uncaring employees. They don't get that it is all about the customer.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Gomes    (USA)

Terrible service, terrible equipment, semi-friendly staff who can't help because of terrible organization. Baggage charges are ridiculous. Check-in procedures worse, they have to have attendants at the self check-in. They claim to be the New American Airlines, but when you go to check-in, they send you to the Disaster that used to be USAir. Planes are out of date. Even the newer ones have very small overheads for carry ons, but people take as much as possible on board. Then they cram as many possible on the plane. Flight from Hawaii has no service. Expensive food if you have to buy from them, and not worth it. We had short connection and no chance to buy in airport. Only good thing I can say about round trip flight with 6 connections is we made it safely. Next time I fly Southwest.

US Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Joel McLean    (USA)

My wife and I live in NC near Wilmington. US Airways is one of the few airlines that fly out of ILM airport, so we have flown with them numerous times. My wife flew to Ohio for a two week visit. The return flight as it was listed on the flight itinerary was to fly from Cleveland OH (CLE) to Charlotte NC (CLT), have about an hour lay over and then fly onto ILM. The flight was supposed to be into CLT on flight 1955 and out again on the same flight an hour later. This seemed odd since US Airways typically lands at one end of CLT and has you fly out of another gate all the way across the terminal. We questioned this flight into and out of the same gate when we purchased the tickets, when she went to board her flight in ILM to go to CLE and again in CLE when boarding to return. All three times we were told that was accurate. The flight from CLE was delayed due to weather for 35 minutes and landed in CLT about 50 minutes late. People were scrambling to make connections as this was the last flight of the day (about 11 pm). My wife made a comment to one of the flight crew that she was lucky since she just had to stay on the same plane. The staff member told her that plane wasn't going anywhere for the rest of the night. US Airways had changed her flight plans while she was in the air. The flight she had to catch was only 8 gates away, but it had already boarded and was pulling away by that time. She was stranded in CLT for the night. I ended up driving the 3.5 hours one way to pick her up to save her from having to sleep in the terminal. I would highly recommend that if you have any options other than US Airways for making flight plans, you do it. Even if you have to pay a little extra for a ticket, the peace of mind will be worth it.

US Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Teresa Berntsen    (USA)

The second leg of our outbound flight was cancelled. We were given the option of flying the next two booked flights standby or cancelling and applying for a refund. We chose to apply for a refund, and the person at the customer service counter said we'd need to wait until our trip was completed. I received an email regarding our outbound flight that I needed to contact customer service because our reservations were "out of sync." I spent 25 minutes on hold getting that straightened out, and the person told me I should go online and print out our boarding passes. I could only find my husband's flight. I called back and was told that was because I had new confirmation number, which the prior person didn't give me. I went back online and found out we were no longer sitting together. I called back again and was told I could pay extra for a premium seat otherwise there was nothing they could do. She told me the gate agent would be “happy to help.” That conversation took an additional 30 minutes. When we got to the airport and I asked about sitting together and the employee was very rude, saying she would "try to get us together for this 20 minute flight." I explained it was the second leg I was asking about. She got us closer but not together. She could have put us in a “premium”seat together but would not without us paying additional money. At no point during this entire encounter did any U.S. Airways employee apologize for these inconveniences or for the conflicting information I have been given.

US Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Marrufo Daniel    (USA)

Travel was a nightmare on our return vacation from Jamaica. I have a daughter with Down Syndrome and needed seating together with my wife and daughters. let's just say they were less than helpful in getting us seating together. When I pointed out that it did not seem like they were sorry about not doing their job they threatened to remove me from the plane. What kind of an airline treats a family traveling on vacation like this. This was only the first leg of the trip, when it came to the second leg and catching our connecting flight they could not find our tickets and we missed our connecting flight home.

US Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Jessica Fernandez    (USA)

I have flown over 20 times in my 23 years and never have I experienced any of the problems I had to deal with my first time flying with US Airways. After boarding our flight on time, we proceeded to sit on the tarmac for nearly 2 hours. The pilot informed us that there were "operational" problems and they were making him turn the plane around to go back to the gate because our flight was cancelled. After the rush of everyone to customer service, we proceeded to stand in line for 45 minutes. At that point, one of the three agents they had behind the desk decided that would be the best time to grab her book and go on break. The agent who decided to actually do her job put us on a flight to Jacksonville (3 hours from our original destination - Tallahassee). Never once was there an apology or offer to provide meals or anything. I had checked my bag in so I made sure to reiterate to her I needed my bag re-directed. She assured me my bag had been re-directed. We proceeded to sit in the airport for another 4 hours. Our plane to JAX was late, so the agent hurried all customers to the plane. Finally we got on the plane and landed in JAX at 10.15 pm. My bag was not there. After waiting in line until 11 pm to speak to an agent about, I learned that my bag had never in fact been re-directed and this agent's "best guess" was that it was still in DC.

US Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by S Pizzey    (UK)

Flight from Manchester UK, US735 to PHL to BWI, on 16th March 2014, by Envoy and First Class service was excellent outbound. Good meal and Envoy was excellent. Return flight from BWI on 28th March, cancelled and taken by vehicle to PHL, 1 hour 40 mins. Flight US 735, PHL to Manchester UK. Checked in at PHL no problem and the Club lounge very nice, per check in at gate confirmed our seats in Envoy. Prior to boarding saw three employees of US Airways access the plane before boarding called. When boarding announced we joined the line to check-in, however told that whilst my wife was checked into Envoy, I had been bumped back to coach as the flight was full, as a person who missed a flight on previous day was being placed into my seat! Re assigned a coach seat, despite my request to remain in Envoy. As I asked more questions the reason for my downgrade (despite confirmed and paid for Envoy seat) changed over and over again. Basically I was not provided with the correct reason and was just treated with no respect. As I was pulled from the line, much embarrassment to me as people assumed some issue with me as a passenger. My wife confirmed that the three US airline employees were in Envoy. Appalling service and ruined what was outbound a great service. If this is the way they treat passengers than not much hope for the new American brand.

US Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Vanessa Dixon    (USA)

We flew to St. Maarten, an hour late. On the return trip, the plane was late to SXM which made it late for us to board. Then the "push back" machine did not work and we were stuck on the tarmac making us an hour delayed in leaving SXM. We arrive at Charlotte and had to wait on the tarmac for an hour because there was no gate for us to deplane. The pilot told us that US Airways was holding our connecting flight. We hitched a ride on the airport transport and arrived at our connecting gate barely on time. They closed the door and would not allow us to board. Our connecting plane was not held as the pilot said but left 10 minutes before its scheduled departure. US Air offered us a discount on a hotel since there was not another flight out until the next day. We protested and refused to leave their desk. Finally, they gave us a voucher for a hotel. We finally went out on a packed plane and made it to our destination. I will look for any other airline in the future for our trips.

US Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by K Mandrysz    (Germany)

FRA-PHL-FRA. Envoy. The new seat is excellent. Food was nicely presented and of good quality. Drinks and wine ok. Entertainment great. FA`S typical American style but they did their best. Both legs on time, nothing to complain about. From my point of view a very good experience.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Bessette    (USA)

The express jets, with no first class seats, need to be taken out of service - these planes are entirely too small, in poor shape, and if anything ever happened, there is no way to move to get out. US Air flight attendants (not all ) but many, have the personality of a rock - they need education on customer satisfaction and customer service, they need to understand that the service they provide, is what matters most. And do you think they could offer a free bag of peanuts? Delta does! Get with the times US air - you are outdated.

US Airways Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Bob Feraci    (USA)

We flew JetBlue to San Juan Puerto Rico - no problems or delay. Coming home through Philadelphia to Richmond, VA, 3/22/2014 was a disaster for several reasons. U.S. Airlines from San Juan was an Airbus 330 and we waited for 50 minutes on the runway while every puddle jumper took off which made us within 15 minutes to get our 7.15pm flight to Richmond, VA. We landed in concourse F and had to get to concourse A and get a transfer bus. No help from the airline ground staff to expedite or help us. They seem oblivious to our situation and offered no help. They were rude and non caring.

US Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by D Johnson    (USA)

Had made reservation early January for flight to Phoenix on 2/26/14. Boarded on time but then proceeded to sit on tarmac for 2 hrs. Flight was then cancelled due to "mechanical problems". They gave us, along with 175 other passengers, a business card with an 800# to call. After trying for almost an hour I was finally connected and given a flight out the next day. No offer of hotel, meals or anything else. I then went to customer service at airport who booked me to Philly (yes Philly). With a long layover and then to Phoenix. Arrived at 10:15pm rather than the 8:15am I was originally scheduled for. Customer services is absolutely horrible. Return flight 2 weeks later was also cancelled supposedly due to weather. No offer of help whatsoever. Will never fly US Air again.