US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Brian Lally    (USA)

I recently flew on February 15th from Boston to Providenciales (Turks and Caicos). I found this airline to be good, on time boarding, staff were very good. They came around with beverage service and then tea and coffee about an hour before landing in Turks. Coming back to Boston yesterday was a disaster I know it's school vacation week but the service at Providenciales Airport was extremely slow almost causing us to miss our flight to Boston. The service onboard yesterday's flight to Boston was minimal. They only came around with beverage service once. No service for tea and coffee. It was though a quick flight and the pilot made up travel time in the air after our brief 1 hour delay leaving Turks and Caicos.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by O Homes    (USA)

I flew US Airways on a round-trip from Birmingham to Denver. Both flights were cancelled or delayed for several hours. When trying to change my flight they put me as a second priority and were incredibly rude to me. I will never use this airline again and I strongly advise everyone else not to use it.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by R Slocum    (USA)

We flew from PHL to St. Thomas and back on US Air on Feb 15 and returned on Feb 20. We paid extra for what we thought was economy plus, but there was no more leg room than in coach. Of course, US Air has no inflight entertainment. There was not enough food for purchase on the way down. Flight attendants urged us to complain to US Air on the net about it. Flight attendants were great and very apologetic about the lack of food. On the return flight, we were about 3 hours late due to a mechanical problem. I fly United, Delta, Virgin America, Jet Blue and US Air a decent amount. No question that Virgin is by far the best followed by JetBlue. Of the remaining 3, Delta is better than the other two, with US Air on the very bottom of the list.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Peter Mickel    (USA)

BTV to PHL to CDG and return, Airbus A330/200 on the long haul. Despite snowstorm at BTV, departure was only 25 minute delayed, remainder of flights on time, departed CDG earlier than scheduled. Business class on the A330, Envoy seating. Clean cabin, friendly professional crew. Envoy suites were excellent, quiet and comfortable, IFE worked great. Food service was excellent, nice menu, entrees were delivered almost too hot to eat. Ground crews at both ends were friendly and helpful, our luggage beat us to the carousel both times. Boarding area at CDG is a little drab, could use a little facelift.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

Flew Manchester UK to Philadelphia and then on to Miami return - Economy. Very good experience on all 4 flights. All flights left on time and either arrived on time or early. US Airways use A330 wide body from Manchester to Philadelphia with 2-4-2 seating which is great for couples as you can easily get 2 seats together. US airways website lets you choose your seats as soon as you book for free unlike lots of the other major airlines (e.g. BA) which charge economy class to pre book seats. Plenty of leg room and space around seats. Great inflight entertainment on Manchester to Philadelphia leg with personal video screen and on demand movies, TV and games. Lots of films to choose from. Food ok - usual airline offering. No better or worse than all the rest. Soft drinks, tea and coffee are free throughout the flight. Free wine with meal but there is a charge after that, plus there is a charge for other alcoholic drinks. Staff attentive and efficient. Flight from Philadelphia to Miami on A321 - lots of leg room but no IFE - only a couple of hours so no problem. No charge for soft drinks/tea/coffee but there is a charge for food or alcohol. All in all a good experience - would always use US airways from Manchester to the US rather than American, BA, United or Delta as IFE superior and they use wide body aircraft. Immigration/customs and change of planes in Philadelphia is easy and quick.

US Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by S Straubhaar    (USA)

We were booked from LAX to CLT. Flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. We were rebooked out of a different airport. No transportation costs were provided or refunded. We had preferred seats on our first flight reserved and confirmed, but then when rebooked we were assigned middle seats. Even though there were other seats available, US Airways refused to give us other seats, even with Star Gold. status. Inflight crew were yelling at passengers getting on board about the carry ons, we were questioned from FA about our carry ons, even though we only had 1 backpack each. One drink service on a 4 hours flight. Flight crew decided to chat loudly in the back galley on this red eye flight. I hope that American Airlines doesn't adopt the US Airways policy of "useless" air.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by F Pervaze    (USA)

As an EP with American, flew US Airways from TPA to PHL on 1/10/2014. The seats are terrible, American offers free food and drinks to their Elite Passengers but US Airways does not. As an EP with American for 10 years this is one of the worst airline that American merged with. US /American CEO Doug Parker needs to take care of AA Elite Passengers or they will fly United or Delta.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by J O'Brien    (USA)

Flew from Providence to Charlotte. Going in, I was very optimistic that everything was going to be fine, and we would land in St. Kitts the same day. I was wrong. When we got to the gate, we were kindly informed that our flight had been delayed 4 hours, because the "crew needed more rest." They also informed us that we were going to miss our connecting flight to St Kitts, from Charlotte, and that we wouldn't be able to catch a flight until next Friday to St. Kitts, as they have very limited booking. After switching to another airline entirely, we got a flight to St. Kitts the next day, and we were on our way. Once on the U.S. Airways flight to Charlotte, the captain informed us that they "knew the flight would be delayed the night before." If U.S. Airways had informed us the night before, instead of a half an hour before our flight was supposed to leave, then we might've been able to get another flight to connect to the flight to St. Kitts. This has been, by far, the worst performance of customer experience I've ever seen.

US Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Kevin Hayed    (USA)

Had a flight out of JFK during a snow storm. Our flight was canceled after waiting through 3 different mechanical issues and 11 hours. We boarded the same plane 2 separate times over 8 hours and were offered 1 glass of water. My trip home was delayed 24 hours with no hotel voucher given, causing me to miss a day of work. US Airways offered $100 voucher for my troubles! I would have been ok with a weather delay considering the snow storm, but mechanical? 3 on the same plane? Then continued mechanical delays on three other planes through connecting flights.

US Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by R Sanyal    (USA)

Flew from Boise to Indianapolis via Phoenix. All flights left and arrived punctually. Attentive flight attendant. Good food service. Good selection of drinks. Cabin spacious with light colored furnishings - Airbus 320. Seat comfortable. Quick boarding and disembarkation. Regular announcements by pilot about weather on route. Overall, very impressive.

US Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by D Brown    (USA)

Flight from FLL to CLT. (2 times, A320 and 737) Flight was on time, crew friendly. Plane extremely uncomfortable. I am average male, 5'10", 150lb. No legroom, seats narrow and short. I hope US Airways works on pax comfort in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by S Love    (USA)

TPA-PHL-Rome over Christmas. Treated myself to 1st/Biz to Europe but took Economy back. Unpleasantly surprised by the rushed, unfriendly service in first cabin to Europe. there weren't that many flight attendants (mostly men) and they were all in a hurry and don't seem to like their jobs much. The new lie-flat bed was great, though small - bigger folks beware. Fook was OK. was glad I didn't bother to spring for biz class on way back. Economy is OK.