US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by M Perez    (USA)

This airline is the worst my husband and I have traveled before. He is on a business trip and since the beginning they are delaying and delaying the trips. All his flights had been delayed going in and out of Memphis. He couldn't get back today, because his flight was so delayed that he lost the connection with another 12 persons. It took them 2 hours to schedule another flight for the next morning and instead of giving him his original flight to Harrisburg, they sent him to Chicago, to guess what, delayed the flight again because they change planes for mechanical problems. They don't respect the schedules.

US Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by J Russ    (USA)

April 24th red eye from SAN-MSP, via PHX. Little to complain about flight-wise, were pretty close to being on time and no issues in-flight. Got the dreaded ZONE 5 for our boarding pass, and my wife was nervous about having to gate check her carry-on (the last thing you want to do after a red eye flight is wait around at the airport for baggage), but there ended up being plenty of room.

US Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P Taylor    (USA)

Traveled several times over last 5 weeks with this airline. No major gripes with any flight. Most recent trip CLT to LaGuardia, Flight 2064, May 1, and return Flight 1851, May 4. Delays first trip which could not be helped due to problems in NY. Captain very informative of what was happening. Friendly crew. Trip back no delays. Informative Captain and very friendly crew. Only gripe, CLT check in staff need to up their game a lot. New York staff, very helpful and friendly.

US Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by G Walker    (UK)

Flying from London Heathrow to San Diego via Philadelphia. On check in was informed of slight delay, but told to go through anyway. Once through security clearance, boards showed 7 hours delay on flight. I went to Customer service desk to ask what would happen about connections, or overnight accommodation at Philadelphia as it seemed likely that I'd miss any connections that day. Customer service agent told me they had no idea when the flight would actually leave but that of course they'd honour the connection as it wasn't my fault, and that it would all be worked out once we were airborne. She could tell me nothing, because she had no information at all. So I decided to make use of the otherwise wasted time, working on my PC in the executive lounge. About 2 hours later the flight disappeared from the display boards. I went back to the customer service desk to find it closed! There was a sign giving a phone number to call - which I did, the person on the other end told me she couldn't book me on to any alternative flights - somehow I was too late in the queue and all available seats had already been allocated, and she expected me to be pleased with the fact that she'd booked me onto the following days flight, 24 hours later. No offer of overnight accommodation, or transport back home overnight. When I asked about my bags, she told me to ask at the ticket desk, the other side of security (ie landside rather than airside). So I exited the departures area back to the check-in area, only to find the customer service desk closed with a sign up saying anyone affected by the flight cancellation should call the number I'd already been talking to. On checking in again the following day, there was no hint of any apology for the disruption. I asked about getting an upgrade by way of compensation and was told that was not permissible - though I could ask at the ticket desk (though by that time I had already been allocated a seat). This was the first time I had tried US Airways and looks like being my last.

US Airways Customer review :  2 May 2014 by D Welsh    (USA)

I've flown twice in the last month with US Airways and I have to say never again. Their customer service is terrible. Every flight was late. No explanation. On my most recent flight from Washington to Portland Maine, I missed a connection. My layover was 2 hours long, so I thought there would be no problem. But after a delay following a delay following a delay, I missed my connection. The first thing the US Airways representative told me, and he was a manager, was that I should fly Delta. A couple of weeks earlier, I was flying from Washington to Portland and we had to set down in Philadelphia because the captain told us the door wasn't shut properly. Now I know there are a lot of jobs to do before flight can take off, but I think shutting the door properly should be in the top two or three on the list. The mix of arrogance in this organization baffles me.

US Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by A Arnold    (USA)

Connecting flight out of Charlotte supposed to take off at 10.11pm, delayed until 11.30 due to no crew - get boarded only to have to defuel for over an hour. Then the mechanical problems started for another 2 hours so 3 hours sitting in the plane at the gate - only to get deboarded. It is now 3am, no explanations, no water, no snacks. Get reboarded at 4.30am - sit for another hour - get deboarded yet again! They say they have until 10am to cancel the flight. If they don't cancel you will pay for any other flights. There aren't any flights until the day after tomorrow, no hotels either. Airport/airplane for 10.5 hours past original flight time. Instead of being apologetic and nice they acted like they were doing us all a favor by letting us sit in our seats. Another US air flight was cancelled earlier in the evening due to mechanical issues as well - guess they were tired of dealing with us.

US Airways Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Jacobsen Fender    (USA)

CLT-HAM. We take this trip every 2 years. I will never fly US Airways again! My story is very similar to everyone else's. They cancelled my first flight, delaying our arrival by 1 day. We couldn't leave from our original location, told to drive 3 hrs to Charlotte. Then they overbooked our rescheduled flight. They seated my family (children) in all different areas of the plane. They had no vegetarian options for one of us, therefore she was starving on a 8 hour flight. They made an error on our return flight. Lost our luggage. Directed us to the wrong gate in PHL. When we arrived at the correct gate, the attendant would not let us on the plane and she refused to help rebook our flight. We had been traveling for more than 20 hrs.

US Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Sharan Deol    (UK)

12 April 2014, Departed LHR, flight no 729. Flight was 1 hour late taking off due to aircraft not being ready for passenger seating, cleaning, and food availability. Inflight entertainment was average, seating as expected for economy class, food was satisfactory, but as a vegetarian I do not find it acceptable that the airline had run out of vegetarian options. I then had to wait a while for a vegetarian option to arrive. Landing was smooth, arriving an hour later than scheduled, meant there was not enough time to complete customs and security checks. Upon arriving at customs we were greeted by a spiralling queue of extremely anxious passengers, customs were unable to manage the large quantity of passengers, this resulted in us waiting for more than 1 hour, no provision made for late arriving passengers to be fast tracked through customs to allow us to board our connecting flight. We were reassured that the flight would not take off without us. We ran to the gate displayed on the departures board and when we arrived at our gate we were disappointed to find that the flight had taken off without us. We waited to speak to a customer service representative for over 2 hours. We asked to be put on the next available flight, and got no response, was booked onto 10am flight the next morning. I asked where we would stay for the next 12 hours, staff member shrugged. We walked away from customer services feeling so disappointed. We spent the night in the airport. Decided to approach customer service again, totally different attitude and approach. Given a freshen up bag, put us on standby for the 6am flight to Orlando. We arrived at the gate patiently and we were lucky to be boarded on this flight. Finally arrived at our destination 12 hours later. Luckily our baggage was waiting in the bag claim office. I would never fly with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Becky J Leddon    (USA)

My husband and I were on our first day of our honeymoon traveling to Cancun. We boarded the flight in Charlotte, NC to leave at 1.20. We sat there on the plane in separate areas from 1.20 until 3.30 waiting for the numerous "15" minutes of repairs they had to do. After finally waiting over 2 hours they started taking the luggage off without informing the attendees the flight was going to be cancelled. We waited another 15 minutes or so and they announced the flight was cancelled. We waited about 40 minutes in a long line waiting to catch another flight which they couldn't get us out until the next day in the middle of the day and we had to go back through security. So not only are we paying for a day of our all inclusive resort that we will not be at but now have to pay for food and everything. This was supposed to be the best day going on my honeymoon but it has been a nightmare.

US Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by F Sena    (Germany)

Not only are US Airways employees rude, they also are simply not willing to provide any sort of customer service and are not responsible for people missing their flights. I flew to San Juan from PHL and a return flight over PHL to NYC. My 4-year-old and I were seated 15 rows apart on a flight from PHL to San Juan and I had to wait in the aisle for 30 minutes until somebody was kind enough to let my daughter and I sit next to each other. On our flight back from San Juan to PHL, the lady at the desk seated my daughter and I 5 rows apart on the connecting flight from PHL to LaGuardia. I did not realize this until 5 minutes later and went back to the same lady. Her answer - "Oh, just ask one of the passengers, they'll switch seats with you." The flight from San Juan to PHL was delayed because of "bad weather conditions". When we got to PHL an hour late, our connecting flight to LA Guardia in NYC had already left. Another rude US Airways employee gave us tickets for a flight the next morning, and, as already mentioned above, told us they would neither help find transportation, nor a hotel. Because of their guidelines, they would not release our luggage, so now we are in NYC, where we got at 4 am. US Airways have no customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N Giesenhagen    (USA)

We were on our way home from San Francisco to Salt Lake City, and we had a one hour layover in Phoenix. When we got to San Francisco we had already got the call that our flight was delayed 35 minutes. We tried to get on another flight but none were available. When we were checking in it was very hard to get some help, because for some reason the kiosk let myself check my bag, but not my friend. It took a good 10 minutes to get any help, and we just kept getting walked past. Got to the gate and the plane ended up being delayed for 50 minutes now. When we got to Phoenix we had 5 minutes to get to our next flight. Turns out they changed the gate last minute and instead of only having to go from gate A10 to A12 we had to go from about A20 to B2, in 5 minutes. My friend and I sprinted from our gate to get to the next one and we arrived with one minute before they close the doors (since they close them 10 minutes before departure) The door was closed and there wasn't a sole around. I went to the next gate and I explained our flight was delayed twice and there was a last minute gate change. Very rudely she told me she was aware and then went back to talking to her friend. The customer service agent was not helpful at all as well, and was very rude. No one apologized, and we had to stay in Phoenix that night, because no more flights were going out until 7am then next morning. I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

ORD-PHL-YQB (Quebec City). A320 to PHL - maybe only 45 people on the plane so boarding was quick and we departed the gate early. Flight Attendants were very personable and not what I usually get on US Airways. Maybe the merger with AA is a good thing. Drink service was offered and otherwise FA's walked the aisle a few times for trash. Landing was smooth and great views of Philadelphia. Bus transfer to commuter gates - its strange that if you want to walk to that concourse you have to recheck through TSA but they have a bus transfer that keeps you within security. YQB flight was a CR7 and packed - but FA was nice. Left 20 min late but arrived just 1-2 min late. Overall a nice flight. I know they don't offer inflight entertainment but so many people have their own Ipads and Ipods and such - its not that big of a deal. Keep up the good work.

US Airways Customer review :  18 April 2014 by Brian Keane    (USA)

US Airways is the worst. Their flights out of New Orleans are oversold so if you don't check in at least 30 minutes before your flight, you will be bumped. I tried to get my boarding pass from the computer about 28 minutes before departure time, and it could not be done. I spoke to the agent and they said that I had to rebook to another flight. I begged and they said no. They put me on a later flight and I go through security and my original flight was still at the gate for 20 minutes! They had already given away my seat and I couldn't board. Zero customer service. Horrible for business travel. I will go out of my way to avoid US Air.

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by P Feil    (USA)

I was on a trip with my 5 year old son from NY to AL. We arrived at the gate of our connecting flight in Charlotte NC just as they were closing the gate, although we were there 10 min prior to takeoff. I explained that we were flying down for a funeral which we would miss if we were delayed. The gate attendant told me I was 30 seconds late and not getting on the flight. My return flight was delayed 1.5 hours and the connecting return flight sat on the runway for 45 minutes. It appears that exceptions to delay are only made when it is to benefit their company and not for their paying customers. I will never again fly US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by D Mackmin    (USA)

Flew to the Dominican Republic from Detroit 4/4 with a stop in Philadelphia. First flight 40 minutes late, had to literally run with 2 kids through the airport to make our connection in Philly. Didn't realize there was no need to run because that flight was delayed also. Boarded 45 minutes late, sat on the plane for 30 minutes at which time they made everyone get off the plane. Sat in the waiting are for another hour while they attended to 'broken seats'. Flew home on 4/10 - flight delayed in DR for 1.5 hours with no explanation. Only had a 2 hour lay over in Philly where we also had to go through immigration and customs. Again, we managed to make our connection only because the flight from Philly to Detroit was late again. That's 4 flights - all delayed. Don't you think if you have 20-30 passengers who are on the verge of missing their connecting flights that they would have those people get off the plane first? They couldn't have cared one iota. I will never fly US Air again nor would I recommend it to anyone. I can't rate the Inflight Entertainment because there wasn't any. A 4 hours flight and no entertainment of wi-fi?

US Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by M Valerio    (USA)

US Airways Express: They decided to cancel an express flight from Philadelphia to Newark due to a lack of people and have the next one 3 hours later. I have completely lost all confidence in US Express and recommend no one to fly this airline again. They also refuse to compensate travelers due to their incompetence.

US Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Fills Finis    (USA)

Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to Honolulu, Hawaii and returning from HNL to PHX. US 690 and US 693. March 24 2014 from PHX to HNL. April 1 2014 return to PHX from HNL. Having read the most recent reviews for March and April flights thought I would add mine. US Airways has been calling themselves American Airlines for many years. This time there was a 1.5 hr delay going to Hawaii due to mechanical problems. Every time I have flown with US Air there has been long delays, flight cancellations, you name it. Why did we fly again? They were the cheapest.

US Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Auerbach    (USA)

I flew RT last week BDL-CLT-RSW. On-time flights, courteous gate agents and flight attendants, and helpful ticket counter people. I was surprised, as the (for me) usual mediocre experience was actually much improved.

US Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Anthony Acosta    (USA)

Flew US Air A330-300 from Rome (FCO) to Charlotte (CLT). Honestly, I wasn't excited about having been assigned to this flight/carrier. Once on the aircraft there was a noticeable change from its US domestic counterpart, there was personal AVOD at each seat head with ample choices for the long flight, the seats had ample leg room and appeared wide and comfy. The flight crew were friendly and quick to please and even did a walk through picking up trash that had accumulated on the deck (rare for a US carrier). The international product that US Airways offers has left a positive impression and I won't be hesitant to fly this airline in the future. The A330-300 was spacious and smooth in flight.

US Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Ian Cade    (UK)

Flew overnight from LAX to Philadelphia. Despite logging in on-line and assigning seats together a week or so beforehand, and checking on the day of the flight my wife and I ended up at different ends of the cabin, which wasn't really how we wanted to spend our honeymoon. The check-in staff were essentially useless fobbing us off onto the gate staff. At the gate they were friendly but it was too late to be able to sort anything out by that stage. Eventually we were able to swap seats with the person next to my wife after she took pity on us. The actual flight was rather miserable, with no entertainment, food and uncomfortable seats, essentially like doing a long haul flight but on a budget European carrier. Certainly will avoid them in US Airways in the future.