Ukraine International Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Ukraine Int'l Airlines 2-Star Airline ranking

Customer Review scoring : Ukraine Int'l Airlines
5.8 out of 10  5.8 out of 10

1 2

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Benedikt Soppa    (Germany)

Very good service. Flight always on time! had already 28 flights with this airline (Frankfurt-Kiev-Frankfurt). good service, nice personal. Of course the food cold be better, but it is only a trip of 2.50 hours. With the panorama Card (loyalty program of UIA) I can always have 3kg more hand luggage (12 instead of 9) and 3 kg more luggage (23 instead of 20). Very nice company!

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Graham Chute    (Canada)

I travel around the world extensively and found this to be one of if it the worst airline I have travelled on. I flew in June 2013 and was left sitting at the airport in Kiev as my flight was cancelled. No information was ever provided to me and my attempts to deal with my connecting flights were dismissed by the airline. I missed my connecting flights. Fortunately, Air France with whom I had a connecting flight got involved and made a bad situation bearable. I arrived at my destination 24 hours late. I flew with the airline again in September 2013 and was left sitting in Paris CDG for 5 hours when they delayed their flight twice. No information was provided again or apology, nothing. On arrival my luggage along with many other customers was not there. I received my luggage four days later after getting aggressive with the airline. The number they provided me to call and get information on the status of my luggage was never answered.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Olav Basovsky    (Ireland)

London Gatwick-Borispol Simferopol, 3/9/2013. Flight from London was delayed approximately 1 hour. Flight from Kiev was delayed 2.5 hours without any explanations. Borispol Terminal B has very poor facilities. No shops, no proper lights, no currency exchange. Just a couple of coffee shops which are extremely expensive and busy. The airport staff is rude and not helpful. Simferopol-Kiev-London Gatwick, 9/9/2013. Both flights were ok and surprisingly without delays. Borispol Terminal D was very busy at passport control. Small and busy duty free shop. A big problem to get a cup of coffee. Services are very poor. Would not use them again as it is very stressful.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2013 by P Yulia    (Russia)

I was flying Geneva-Kiev-Moscow with this company, and the service was horrible. First, they park planes far away from the terminal, so instead of an hour we had just 10 mins between flights. Our luggage was transferred later, so passengers had to wait onboard for departure for an hour or more. Staff were quite welcoming, but they don't speak much English. The meals were too small and tasteless. Landed in Moscow with 40 mins delay.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by J Naumkin    (UK)

I, my husband and child flew UIA return, Manchester - Schipol - Kiev - Simferopol (KLM do the Schiphol leg). Awful service by UIA as usual on return leg. Check in at Simferopol said she couldn't print boarding passes for final leg - gave us separate seats on one leg (child is 5) and when asked to change this leg printed out the final leg passes she said she couldn't, leaving us one leg short on boarding passes and not resolving the issue. We only realised when we tried to get through security at Kiev that we had the wrong passes. Took forever to get through security at Kiev and then passport control. Many people were missing flights and no one wanted to help. Finally plane was an hour late and we missed our connection - not one UIA member of crew was helpful. KLM though came to the rescue and were professional - though lost my luggage as usual. My biggest criticisms of UIA though are that food is abysmal, and cabin crew seem only to be concerned with their looks not about their customer service. Overall wish never to fly with them again.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Brian Kavanagh    (UK)

Flew from Athens to London via Kiev with UIA. Check-in at Athens was very slow and I ended up checking in after supposed closing time as a result, which delayed flight. Staff couldn't give me a boarding pass and was advised to pick it up on arrival in Kiev. The flight from Athens to Kiev was on one of the newer aircraft and was fairly comfortable apart from the appalling legroom, which seemed worse than Ryanair. One person at transfer desk was working at Kiev, which lead to a very long queue and irate passengers who were afraid of missing connections. Another girl behind desk refused to serve anyone, although seemed to be doing nothing. Kiev airport is new, but lacking in personality and facilities. One small kiosk with long queue serving drinks and a few snacks. Flight to Kiev to London was on an older aircraft, but had plenty of legroom. There were no air vents above seats, which meant there was no way to cool down if hot. Constant air conditioning meant it was loud and uncomfortable and I began to feel ill after a while. Pleasantly surprised by staff on both flights, who were pleasant and helpful. Overall, UIA need to update aircraft and put more effort into the airport staff. I'm sure these changes would make them far more appealing to fly with.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by B Thompson    (Canada)

Flew four flights in July 2013, Tel Aviv (TLV) to London (LGW) via Kiev (KBP); then London (LGW) to Istanbul (IST) via Kiev (KBP). Overall: surprisingly good. Positive: All flights on time, checked-bags arrived properly; excellent hot meals on three of the four flights; inexpensive fares; two flights were on modern, clean aircraft (ERJ-190 and 737-800); professional, polite flight attendants. Negative: only in-flight entertainment was UIA's magazine; two flights on old 737-500 aircraft; meal service on my 90-minute morning flight from Kiev to Istanbul was one terrible sandwich - one slice of cheese smothered in far too much butter, Kiev's Terminal D needs better food services.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by O Kit    (Germany)

Flew their charter flight from Lviv to Heraklion. Very decent service, clean, although not very new airplane, on- time departure and arrival.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  20 July 2013 by P Michael    (Ukraine)

Flight Frankfurt-Simferopol delayed more than 5 hours without any explanations. We spent one hour in the plane on the heat of tarmac. Overall - an overpriced airline with poor service. Out of dozens of flights taken each year I only once had a nice plane - new generation Boeing 737.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2013 by Steven Matthews    (UK)

I have flown many thousands of miles with UIA, and always via Kiev to Tbilisi. Generally the service is very good, punctual and clean aircraft. My only complaint is that I am not allowed to redeem my Panorama air miles on "transit" flights. This seems very unreasonable, and especially as Tbilisi is the only destination where I can use the services of UIA.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2013 by Yuliya Whitten    (Scotland)

I usually fly UIA, London-Dnipropetrovsk via Kyiv. In general flight is fine, it's got better since new terminals were built in Kyiv. Of course for that price I'd like to see at least better quality food and ideally more entertainment/service (cushions, blankets as it's long flight) or alternatively lower price.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2013 by D Sergii    (Ukraine)

Amsterdam-Kyiv. Take off delayed - aircraft was late, all instructions from stewardesses - in double speed. We got some food - very small sandwich. You pay for a glass of cola or wine. High prices for tickets - too much for such "services".

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2013 by Illia Romanenko    (France)

Kiev-Moscow SVO on May 16th, 2013 and Moscow SVO - Kiev on May 20, 2013. Both flights on time, very satisfied. The only problem is that the aircraft is a bit old, but there is plenty legroom. Ground staff are not very friendly, but efficient, the on-board staff is fine.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2013 by A Roman    (Ukraine)

Quality worsened significantly since last time. Month ago I had a flight to London - it was OK. My recent flight was Kiev-Rome-Kiev. Flight from Kiev delayed 50 mins without any explanations or excuses. Flight duration - around 3 hours. Only provided with snack - one sandwich (poor) and tea without lemon. Return from Rome - once again 1 hour delay. Service quality can not be compared even with low-cost air company. Awful!

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Findlay Niederle    (Ukraine)

Three or four times VIE or WAW to KBP. Planes were adequate and seats acceptable. Economy class cabin was not dirty. Service was good with obliging attendants. Possibly not as good as Austrian or Lot but then they are an airline emerging into a market in which they have less experience. All individuals do their best. During bad weather they have to overcome lots of problems but they try to get you there safely.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by T Reid    (Canada)

Our flight was cancelled due to bad weather and receiving airport. This I understand, but getting information was impossible, the next morning, flight tracker showed cancelled, we called airport, and where told call back at 11 am - told flight was leaving at 1, so we rush to airport, get checked in and then wait, 3 hours. Wait for another 2.5 hours. Finally the crew showed up, they get us on plane to sit for another hour. All this for 1 hour flight. Cold coffee all we were offered, could not make out any announcements and plane was newer with lots of room.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2013 by T Steil    (Germany)

Frankfurt - Kiev and Kiev - Frankfurt. Dirty cabin (garbage on the floor), very bad toilets, food just a joke, cabin crew were fair. Would not recommended flying with UIA.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Jan Willems    (Luxembourg)

Tbilisi-Kiev-Amsterdam. All flights on time, despite harsh winter conditions in Kiev and Amsterdam. Very new Boeing 737-800, it seems just taken over from Aerosvit. Crew friendly. Catering is a basic but tasty sandwich, with a drink selection. Only issue with flying UIA is having to transfer through Kiev-Borispol, which is just a joke.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by L T Lepola    (Finland)

I've flown with UIA many times, mainly HEL-KBP route, but also some domestic routes always in economy class. Flights are usually on time. If delayed, it's hard to find proper info about the reason. There are no meals when flying domestic routes. On international flights they serve a basic sandwich with juice, tea or coffee, so eat before the flight. No warm dishes to buy onboard! Bar menu is quite ok, some beers and stronger drinks, but sometimes they run out. Staff are friendly, although HKI check-in is slow, but KBP check- in is fast and pleasant. UIA's Boeing 737 planes are old, but they are clean and don't feel that old. Antonov 148 planes are brand new but not so reliable (often delayed). No inflight entertainment on board, except their very good inflight magazine. I can recommend this airline.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2012 by Dmitry Kuzin    (Russia)

Moscow to Barcelona via Kiev (DME-KBP-BCN). Registration was quick and well-organized. Aircraft operating to Kiev was changed and instead of an old B737-500 we got B737-800. Aircraft was clean and comfortable. I'd like to note good leather seats and plenty of legroom. In Kiev we switched our flight to an old but good- looking 737-300 (UR-GBA) which also had adequate legroom and was a pleasure to fly on. The second flight departed and arrived on time. Catering was ok with a big choice of drinks. The cabin crew on both flights were very helpful, attentive and friendly. As for the disadvantages, it's perhaps the lack of any in-flight entertainment, except for magazines.

BCN-KBP-DME. Both flights smooth and arrived on time. I liked the comfortable leather seats. The food was great on the 3.5hs flight to KBP. On the flight to Moscow we were given a sandwich with hot and cold drinks. Luggage arrived without problems. Taking into consideration the fair price of the tickets, in my opinion UIA is a good airline which can compete with leading European airlines.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  22 August 2012 by Pirich Edy    (Croatia)

Flight from Odessa to Vienna in Business class. All on time and reasonable service onboard. CA not very active and after they served the food they disappeared. I can recommend this airline.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2012 by S Bosschaerts    (Belgium)

BRU-DNK and back trough Kiev. Flights were without problems and no delays. Only thing I can say is the meal is only a sandwich and very small hot meal. Transfer in Terminal F took 1.5 hours on the journey back with a lack of organisation. Not sure this was the fault of UIA or Borispol Airport Kiev.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2012 by A Svensson    (Ukraine)

AMS-KBP-DNK. On AMS-KBP leg, everything was on time and the cabin crew efficient and friendly. The meal was a sandwich and a choice of soft drinks, however I requested the Kosher meal, which was excellent. A full meal, a hot chicken dish with rice, bread, vegetables and a salad along with some sweets. The KBP-DNK leg was fine as usual, a 737-500, no meal aside from a tea, coffee or water although its only a 50 minute flight so it's more than adequate. My luggage didn't make it to Kiev, due to KLM as I connected in AMS from NWI, but the agents traced my luggage as being in AMS straight away, and as I was connecting on to DNK, arranged for it to be flown on from Kiev when it arrived. I had it within 12 hours of arriving in DNK, which I was very impressed with. I have always found UIA to provide an equal service to many western European airlines and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2012 by Yevheniy Kahanovych    (Ukraine)

I flew UIA 3 times last week: from Kiev to Brussels return, and then from Moscow to Kiev. Overall experience was very positive. All flights were on schedule. No issues with hold baggage. Nice meals and bar service onboard, nice crews. Their negative points are overpriced tickets, lack of check-in staff, so long queues at all airports they serve, lack of possibilities to check in online. Some panes are really old, some are brand new. Good value for money if you book early.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2012 by J Jungmeier    (Austria)

Kiev to Tel Aviv. Cabin Crew unfriendly, catering poor for a 3 hours flight. One flight attendant told me I was not allowed to take pictures inside the plane and forced me to show him the photo I took. I will avoid UIA where possible.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  1 February 2012 by Nikita Demidyuk    (Ukraine)

I flew from Odessa to Moscow via Kiev return. Aircraft's are fine, onboard service is good. Very polite and nice cabin crew members. The only thing was during Kiev-Moscow leg, the aircraft arrived late with an hours delay, however the crew sincerely apologized for this.

Ukraine International Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2011 by Joerg Lehnert    (Germany)

Berlin-Kiev-Berlin. Sadly Ukraine International has reduced its once very good onboard service. They use to serve a full meal on this 2.5 hours flight. No longer, now it is just a small sandwich. The rest is as usual - no newspapers, no onboard entertainment. Their fares are not the cheapest.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  23 October 2011 by Mike Spearing   (UK)

LGW-KBP-LGW. I picked UIA because it was the cheapest. The check-in staff didn't smile, but were pleasant and efficient. Cabin crew smiling and friendly, up and down the cabin seeing to passengers and serving drinks/food. The food was actually hot and tasty. Plane in good condition and clean. My luggage got there OK both times.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  6 September 2011 by E Ramesh   (USA)

Odesa to Vienna. The plane was a bit older 737, but still performed well. Flight staff friendly and helpful. I wasn't expecting them to serve anything since it was a short flight, only an hour, but they served drinks and a tasty pastry type sandwich. All in all, it was a good flight and a good experience.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  30 August 2011 by Kateryna Kanevska   (Ukraine)

Heraklion to Kiev was 10 hrs delayed. During the whole waiting period, the airline contacted the passengers once to inform them there was a technical problem with the plane. We received no further information. While in the airport, we were offered one meal, after which the airline representative disappeared. No airport announcements regarding our situation, except for one at 10 pm informing passengers they had to go back through passport control and into the departure zone before midnight. The crew showed up at 3.10 am without any explanations regarding the delay, and boarding started. Upon arrival in Kiev, we immediately contacted the airline representative to file a complaint, but she stated that we were not entitled to any kind of compensation.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  4 August 2011 by Arthur Oleky   (UK)

LGW-KBP. Check-in staff friendly and efficient. Boarding slightly delayed, so was departure. Cabin crew polite. Flew B737-500 which showed its age, however it was very clean. Hot meal served onboard for 3 hr flight which was tasty and filling. Load 100% but didn't feel very cramped. Disembarking via stairs but I there are no air bridges in Borispol. Waiting for luggage was a pain at such a small airport (30 mins). Overall good experience but they could invest in new fleet.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  3 August 2011 by P V Emmerik   (Netherlands)

AMS-KBP. Uneventful flight on a somewhat older 737-Classic (UR-GAT). Check-in in AMS was good and despite the fact the flight was at the start of the holiday season we had to wait only a short while to check-in our luggage. The plane was equipped with leather seats which appeared to be old with an average seat pitch. The toilets at the rear of the plane had a terrible smell but were not dirty. The food did not taste very nice, drinks were OK. Communication from the flight crew was limited. Mostly in Ukrainian and some info in English but hard to understand. Luggage arrived in KBP without problems. UIA now uses the new F-terminal which is a big improvement over the old very busy intl. terminal.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  16 July 2011 by N Turkka   (Finland)

HEL-KBP-SIP-KBP-HEL. Amazing service! Nowadays one gets the best services from Eastern European Airlines. Cabin Crew were really polite and smiling all the time. Announcements made in Ukrainian, Russian and really good English. Hot meal and full drinks on all flights. Cabin Crew was literally all the time in the cabin serving passengers. They had 3 drink services on Helsinki-Kiev-Helsinki flights, flight time only 2 hrs. Outbound had problems in Borispol Airport due to power cut and massive chaos. I arrived to domestic terminal 10 mins before departure, had a problem with e-ticket. Ticket Office solved problem in 1 min and was back at check-in 5 mins before departure. I made the flight and also did my luggage.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  15 July 2011 by Harold Ritzer   (Canada)

KBP-LWO. Flight was operated by Air Baltic, with one cabin crew member from that airline, and one from UIA. Plane was clean, comfortable, and really quite nice. Crew were both friendly, polite, and the service was quick. Full sandwich, tea, coffee, all offered on the hour-long leg. Departure and arrival both on time. The FA even had good English skills, which is rare on domestic Ukrainian turboprop flights! Overall, it was an excellent trip, and a pleasant alternative to the 8 hr train.

Ukraine International Airlines customer review :  5 July 2011 by A Telman   (Kazakhstan)

Recent flights KUF-LGW via KBP return in Y. All flights took off and landed precisely on time, baggage arrived all right as well. They only serve some scant sandwiches or breakfast items but given the attractive price I was really happy to use UIA. Very friendly and smiling cabin crew too. Will certainly recommend using this airline for short to medium haul flights.

1 2