United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines customer trip Reports

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Rick Yah    (Singapore)

DEN-LHR on Christmas Eve. No food service for 50% of Economy class cabin, as crew claimed that ground staff forgot to load enough food for all passengers in this class due to "holiday mood". When complained to crew, they said it is unfortunate and can send letter to head office if dis-satisfied with service. Last time to fly with UA.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by James Wallace    (USA)

Newark to Hong Kong in Economy Plus. The flight left early and arrived late which made for a 16.5 hour flight. It was a very smooth flight and the fasten seatbelt sign was turned off 2 hours after take-off. I asked for a glass of red wine and was told that United began charging $7.99 a glass on flights across the Pacific Ocean on Jan 1 2014. No hot towels were provided. The meal came with plastic tableware. The individual in-flight entertainment worked well on the 777-200. 2 hours before landing there were a couple of bumps and the fasten seatbelt sign was on for the remaining 2 hours of the flight. On a 16 hour flight, it is nice to use the toilet to freshen up before landing. No toothbrush or socks were provided. I purchased the more expensive W ticket because I had an upgrade but the business/first section was full two weeks before departure.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by C Bersillon    (France)

I took United from Paris to Washington DC and then from DC to Richmond, VA. The first flight was ok despite no communication or service from the crew. The second flight has one hour delay so far. Not very happy about flying with United. I won't recommend it.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by W Kirschbaum    (USA)

We flew from Newark to Panama City, Panama. Flight arrived 30 mins late at 11pm. The flight was OK, except for no entertainment as the paying entertainment was not worth it. No free food, even that had to be paid for - we didn't. Pilots were pretty uncommunicative, and the cabin crew indifferent. The seats are real torture, too narrow, hard and poor legroom combine to make 5 hours feel like forever!

United Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Doig John    (UK)

ORD-FLL on 18 January. Paid for upgrade to 1st class as a birthday treat! Very helpful staff at ORD to assist with check-in. As a Star Alliance Gold with A3, following security checks I was able to use the Club Lounge facilities. Being morning, items for a continental type breakfast were available. The lounge was however very busy. The flight boarded on time and departed 30 minutes late due to airport operational issues at FLL. (out of  the control of UA) Orders for breakfast were taken prior to departure (2 choices) and delivered in a friendly way while en-route. The aircraft B737-800, appeared new, the cabin was clean and comfortable. In spite of the late departure, the flight arrived in FLL around 5 minutes late.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by J Thomas    (USA)

Flew Denver to Tokyo, Flight left 2 hrs. late (mech) so we missed our connecting flight, arrived 9 hrs late. On the way back they changed our seats at boarding and put us next to the bathroom, got to hear the toilet flush and the door slam for 10 hours, I'll never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Sebastian O'Connor    (USA)

IAD to DEN. Economy class on a 757. On time for departure and arrival, quite good service from attendants. Aircraft sported outdated overhead CRT for in flight entertainment and my audio jack didn't work correctly. Also no wifi or power outlets. Seats comfy but a little small. Had to pay 9 dollars for a large snack, which is too much frankly. Fine for the low fare I got but not much else.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by H Mann    (USA)

We flew to Geneva from ABQ on 1/16 - 1/26. Flight UA5176, UA907, UA975Y, UA783Y. To start we had a 5 hr delay and our party of 6 had to be split up and re-routed to reach our overseas destination (this was not due to weather). United offered us a measly 7$ credit that was only usable in one airport for food. It didn't even cover a meal. When we finally were on our way there were further delays (once again not weather) and upon arrival our party was split and we had to pt double to take the shuttle separately to our hotel. Very frustrating trip with United!

United Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by C Cotton    (USA)

IAH to CVG: Crowded, dirty, late, with poor customer service from distracted personnel. They act like they simply don't care. If you enjoy riding Greyhound Bus Lines, and want to have that same experience in the air, fly United.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Kathee Miller    (USA)

I purchased first class tickets hoping to make the experience a little better, it didn't help. The food on the flight is horrible. You get a snack box which consists of a couple of crackers, some cheese spread, a fig cookie and some kind of cranberry bar. That is not first class service to me. To make matters worse my bags were lost. It would have taken them two hours to drive it to me instead they had to fly it back then ship it to the correct place. This took about 24 hours when it should have taken 2. To make matters even worse on the flight home my bags didn't make it again. I was told they got put on the later flight. I won't be flying United anymore.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

I personally have had few problems with them over the last several months. Recently did DEN-SFO-HNL and back. All flights on time and with early arrivals, DEN-SFO segments with newer aircraft with PTVs. The SFO-HNL segments were on the oldest 777 I have ever seen - no food, no entertainment, nothing for 5 hours is not really acceptable. Crews smiled on all segments and actually seemed happy to be at work, which is a change. Ground staff at SFO were also helpful.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Louie Vince    (USA)

Flew United 261, LAX to Orlando, Economy Plus. No music, no movie (not even plug for headset), only ability to purchase wifi for $9.99. Remodelled seats with less padding.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by B Jones    (Canada)

Beijing to Chicago leg of world trip. Completely full flight, seats are ridiculously tight all around even for a slender person, toilets a mess, service dismal - did not respond to 3 different customer call buttons for over 45 minutes. Arrived safely and on time. No more long haul flights on United as Singapore is the winner for economy class.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Carroll Bain    (USA)

With our flight leaving Jan 6 and no seat assignments we went to the airport the night of the 5th and stood in line for 2 hrs waiting to see a ticket agent. A very nice agent was able to secure seats on our flight. Same thing on the way back. Again in San Francisco no seat assignment. 33 people had to stand in line at the gate and have boarding passes re-issued with their seat assignments. Then people in group 4 and 5 had to go back to the gate counter to check our bags because of limited overhead storage. Two things in closing. Expect a big headache if flying out of S/F and I will try to find any other airline before I fly United.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Bell Gregory    (Australia)

San Francisco to Seattle return four weeks later, in First Class. Cabin Crew were wonderful, and free drinks, including alcohol, but for a two hour flight in First Class no food was offered but a bag of crisps, not really acceptable. But what lets this airline down, and why I will never fly with them again is the rudeness and incompetence of their ground crew. Checking in at Seattle, there was a problem with our reservation, even though we had a confirmation booking. We were referred to a very rude female attendant who informed us that we would have to telephone Air New Zealand to solve the problem. We had no USA coins to make a phone call, yet she said to us, "I have a big queue of people to deal with, I cannot help you". If this is how United treat their First Class Passengers, I would hate to be a passenger in Coach! Never again with United!

United Airlines Customer review :  22 January 2014 by B Roversi    (UK)

Ticket from London to San Jose, with connecting flight in Chicago, overall quite disappointing. Food and the entertainment system were only available for purchase (flight length: 6 hour). Staff was extremely impolite and non competent: we ask to have information regarding connecting flight procedures and most of the indication received were not correct: they reassure us that our luggage was already checked in, therefore no need to check in again once in US. As soon as we landed we discover that indeed we HAD to go through custom with our luggage, and therefore check in again. They reassured us that there would have been someone to come to pick us up at the plane, in order to help as with the connecting flight procedure. No one came to pick us up at arrival, but the United counter outside custom was left unattended / empty for at least 15 minutes (which result in us missing the connecting flight).

United Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by P Clarebrough    (USA)

Melbourne to San Francisco. United are phasing out the 747 and replacing it with the newer 777. The main issues I had was with the seat width, with no where to put your arms without rubbing the passenger sitting next to you. On a 14 hour flight it is quite stressful having someone invade your personal space. The foods service was also very ordinary and basic in comparison to other airlines offering e.g. Qantas. Unfortunately, United offers the fastest and most direct routes to Australia from San Francisco when compared to the other carriers I.e.Qantas, Virgin Australia. Flight Attendants are attentive and work hard. The actual inflight experience needs to improve. Headset jack in seat was broken, but had my own entertainment from my iPad.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Nancy Smith    (USA)

I flew from New Orleans to Sao Paulo with connecting flight from Chicago to Sao Paulo. I had no room to put overnight bag in overhead bin, and was told to find a place or go check baggage. The food was horrible. My seat didn't recline and asked for help and attendant didn't return. Will never fly United again and will not recommend them.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Lawrenz Knud    (USA)

My flight from Houston to Kansas City was scheduled at 11.20 am. The scheduled arriving time of the incoming aircraft from Monterray was 11.33 and arrived at 11.31. How to keep the schedule keeping in mind that a change of aircraft from international to domestic flight takes approx. one hour? It demonstrates that arriving on time by flying United is pure luck. And of course no announcement in advance. The information at the airport was awaiting incoming aircraft.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax