United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines customer trip Reports

United Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Bar Artur    (Poland)

I flew United on domestic US flights 3 times in last month and I am very disappointed by their customer care. They haven't informed passengers that due to delays their connection flight (on the same flight number as from Portland to Las Vegas through San Francisco) would be missed - they knew that before boarding the first plane. Secondly, they ignored passengers who had to sleep at San Francisco airport on the floor, having all restaurants and half of restrooms closed. When coming back from US to Poland (3 flights - 17 hours) I couldn't check an additional bag (as I should have Star Alliance Silver status) informing me that these were Lufthansa regulations and they have their own united and they don't care or I will have to pay 200$. I was forced to check the carry-on luggage as they found they had no free space onboard. Of course my hand luggage was an appropriate size. I am very disappointed and will do my best not to use United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Bill Duston    (USA)

I was very pleased with the service I received on United during the recent bout of nasty weather. I left Charlotte going to Chicago and then onto Duluth, MN. My Charlotte-Chicago flight was cancelled due to the weather and the agent here in Charlotte handled things quite professionally. The same held true in O'Hare when flying back to Charlotte. It was snowing pretty hard in Chicago and a number of flights were already cancelled. I asked to be rebooked on an earlier flight that was scheduled to go out. Again, the agent handled things quite well. I wish all carriers had airport staff as professional as those at United.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Shannon Koby    (Canada)

We just finished a trip to Belize from Edmonton Canada. This was our first time using a US airline. We flew with United and we were pleasantly surprised. Our only real issue was that the TV's were not available.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jason Douglas    (USA)

Flight from HNL to Denver has been sitting at gate for 2 hrs, and no information given other than cargo door problem. I quit flying United several years ago, but booked this flight due to price. Never again. Will now miss my connecting flight to DSM. Will not make this mistake using this airline again. On flight over to HNL, the entertainment system did not work.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jim Bedford    (USA)

Worst airline I have ever been on. So far UAL has cancelled 3 flights from EWR to BOS with the excuses being weather, crew and now mechanical. That's 3 separate planes. Seats in economy are tight with virtually no movement. I'll never fly them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by T Stafford    (Australia)

Arrived Tullamarine (Melbourne, Australia) for long planned family holiday to USA. Informed flight cancelled and next flight was two days away! No apology, no explanation. Flights through to LA and then to New York uneventful. Flight home from JFK - baggage issues plane delayed on tarmac for close to two hours, no amenities from staff, water etc. LA connection end then delayed by non appearing traveller. Flight to Sydney diverted to Brisbane due to low fuel, missed connecting flights and luggage 'lost' (arrived 11pm, four days later). United never again.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Ian Smith    (UK)

GLA-EWR-MCO return. Transatlantic flights were pretty decent considering they were on a 757-200. The staff were friendly enough, and the food both ways was fine, either chicken, beef, or veggie option, soft drinks free, pay for alcohol. Flights in the US were OK with more legroom than the transatlantic flights, and both were pretty much on time. Overall a decent enough product if you don't set your expectations too high, and with United flying direct to the US from Glasgow, I would use them again for the convenience of not flying via London or Amsterdam.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 February 2014 by R DiSalvo    (Canada)

YOW-ORD-HNL-LIH and return HNL-ORD-YOW. We were lucky to have a great inflight crew both ways. Perhaps the inflight crew was in a great mood going to Hawaii, and as well maybe a very relaxed crew returning home. Goes to show you what a difference in a great attitude makes. The passengers were also very co-operative. We did leave Chicago 3 hours late. We had to finally switch planes. Good thing that the replacement plane had the same seat configuration, which avoided a lot of chaos. Wish all my flights were as positive as this one.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by J Chauhan    (Canada)

Worst airline and worst customer service anyone can ever imagine. 4 hour delay on the plane then cancellation next morning, again 4 hour delay while sitting on the plane and then cancellation. 3rd day waiting for an hour to get my luggage, checked in when there were only 3 people in front of me. Staff had no idea. This was from Regina to Denver. By the time we were done with staff we were already late for boarding.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by L Spencer    (UK)

Just returned from a 3 week trip, LHR-ORD-SEA returned ACV-SFO-LHR, much better flight with united then previous flights in 2013. Inflight entertainment much improved, food pretty much the same flew economy plus cabin, free alcohol outbound but alcohol charged on the inbound flights. Far greater than Virgin Atlantic, will fly United again when I travel in two months.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Leena Hupe    (Canada)

Just flew United to Honolulu from Canada. Worst possible flight from Chicago. No entertainment no WiFi and absolutely no food or snacks were given. Mechanical issue delayed us for 2 hrs. Will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by C Gregersen    (USA)

My husband's father passed away 2 days ago. We scrambled to get him on a flight that wasn't too terribly expensive and would get him there in an expeditious manner. He flew from LAX to SFO. The plane he was supposed to be on in SFO had mechanical difficulties. They brought in another plane from Vegas. This second plane had problems as well. It took an additional 5.5 hours for him to get on his way to his family.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

Flew LAX-SFO-ORD-LAX last week in First. Had a really enjoyable service and even with a 45 minute weather delay due to incoming aircraft off the east coast, still arrived in O'Hare relatively punctual. Outbound aircraft was the 737-900 with Boeing Sky Interior - which is very calming for a 4.5 hour flight. The only drawback was it was so new that the IFE hadn't been installed yet (not a deal-breaker as I normally read/work). Return aircraft 757-200 International config with on-demand. The best part of the trip were the crew. Both directions they were attentive and intuitive. They learned my drink order upon getting settled in and never had to ask again (with repeated re-fills). Menus have been upgraded and for a domestic First, it was a great experience and worth the ticket.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by W Gromlich    (USA)

Delay of 4 hours then cancellation with another 4 hour wait for customer service on scheduled flight from SFO to HNL is totally unforgivable and there were no weather issues involved. Date of travel was to be 18 Jan 2014 and rebooked on 19 Jan 2014. Definitely cannot recommend United ever again.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Astuni Simone    (USA)

Took several flights in the last couple of months from EWR-HKG, ORD-HKG, NRT-EWR. The only positive item is inflight entertainment on the 777. Food: first meal - barely edible, snack: unedible (half frozen sandwich), third meal: terrible. Now United have started charging for wine on such flights which last year didn't. Staff: terrible: I was given terrible attitude by a flight attendant, didn't respond to several attendant calls for a long time. There are several airlines doing such routes all of them providing far better service than United.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Lee Matthew    (Hong Kong)

Flew from HKG-ORD and ORD to IAD. I had very low expectations on United. Surprisingly HKG-ORD ultra long haul flight has excellent service. Probably this is because the flight is staffed by Hong Kong-based crews. The 777-200ER aircraft has decent AVOD. Food is average but the crews offer multiple drink runs throughout the flight. ORD to IAD domestic flight is normal US standard. Only drink is served. PTV is useless unless you pay to watch Direct TV. Service by cabin crew very average. The experience is 4 star for the international flight and I would not hesitate to fly United if Hong Kong crews serve the flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by D Griego    (USA)

My pregnant wife and I had to fly to Maryland from Hawaii. As we were leaving for the airport I get a notification that the plane was experiencing mechanical issues and the flight was delayed. I contacted them and discussed how our delay was going to affect our connecting flight in San Francisco. I was told it would not be an issue. Upon arrival in San Francisco, I learned that was not the case. I was told we had to wait a few hours and was going to Houston where I would be connected to Baltimore. We arrived in Houston and was greeted by another rude employee telling us the delay caused us to miss the connector to Baltimore and would get us a later flight, putting us in Baltimore around 10pm and that was our only option. I walked outside to get some air and saw a supervisor at the ticket counter. I explained the story to her, she offered to get on a flight that would put us in DC. On our arrival we learned that after what was to be a 12-13 hour flight that turned into a twenty something hour flight zig zagging across country. United did not have our luggage and it was sitting in an airport in New Jersey.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by K Flamm    (USA)

Flight from Houston to SLC on 2/1/2014 a family of six, including a 6 year old, 4 year old and twin 2 year olds. When we checked in at the gate the gentleman at the gate was very short and rude, and bluntly stated that we had not reserved our seating online as required, when actually we had several months in advance. He took our tickets and forced us to stand by and wait for everyone else to board the plane, every time we tried to ask him any questions he completely ignored and avoided us. After everyone else was on board he shoved some tickets at us and sent us on the plane with 4 small kids and 2 car seats. We were scattered throughout the plane. Fortunately, the staff on the plane were accommodating enough to rearrange seating a little in order to get my husband or I as close as possible to our kids, but we were still very separated. We also found out that several other families were separated on the plane as well. The entire flight was very stressful and unnerving and after this experience I will never fly with United again based on the treatment of the man at the gate. I would not recommend United Airlines to any families as none of our flights were accommodating to young families with kids and car seats as most airlines are.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by R Purdy    (Australia)

Lost bags, delayed flights, lack of communication, wrong allocation of seats (such as row 50 in an airline that only has 46 rows) and rude staff have made my collective experience with United Airlines a negative one. To give them 1 star for each of these categories is a stretch. I wish I had read the reviews before booking so many flights with them as it seems that the rest of their previous customers are just as satisfied as I. Literally days wasted in airports and kilometres walked trying to get answers from staff who clearly are in the wrong line of work given their communication skills. Never again.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax