United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines customer trip Reports

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eva Tidnerlewen    (Sweden)

Stockholm to San Francisco USA October 8th. The first plane with Lufthansa from Stockholm to Frankfurt on October 8 was OK. The plane from Frankfurt UA 927 to San Francisco did not start at all and we were all transported to a hotel. The next day October 9 after much waiting I was rebooked to Chicago UA 906 with further connection there. This plane did not start either. Waited on the plane for six hours before it finally left so I missed my connection. A few hours rest and back to the airport in the early morning on October 10. I got the flight to San Francisco nearly two days later than was scheduled.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Siauw Steve    (UK)

UA 28 / UA 940 - London LHR / Newark Liberty EWR return. Outbound flight with refitted B777. Enough entertainment, friendly, helpful staff, simple food, nice overall. Inbound flight, very old B767, but clean cabin and cheerful, helpful staff. I was quite surprised by this quality actually as I frequently hear bad rumours about flying experience with United. Well done.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Clarke    (UK)

LHR/EWR/LHR. B757 out and B767 return. Outward flight was just OK. Inflight entertainment was good and the seat fairly comfortable. The big let down was the crew. They were efficient but showed no personality at all and I did not see a single smile from them. The return flight was disappointing. The entertainment system offered very little choice, was shown on tiny screens and from what I could see quite a few screens, including mine, were broken or were only showing half a picture. Again, the crew were robotic with no personality at all and although efficient they seemed totally disinterested. Unlike other airlines on the route who offer a free bar, only soft drinks are free on United. All in all United seem to be offering a budget almost 'No Frills' service but at the same price as other transatlantic carriers who offer a far better experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by R Goossen    (Canada)

I have flew twice from Denver to Winnipeg in the last month and both times they say that food is offered for you to purchase and both times they had absolutely nothing to offer. I boarded these flights thinking that at least I can buy something onboard as I did not have time to purchase something in the airport! I was not impressed to say the least.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

LAX-NRT-SIN. First leg was good on the 787. Food was mediocre and made me appreciate Delta and question myself why i wasn't flying DL that was leaving an hour later out of LAX and Staff basically disappeared between services. The seat was comfortable at least, the IFE was not as good as DL due to the smaller choice of movies. NRT-SIN was on a 772. The crew also disappeared after the meal service (which was also mediocre). My sister and I had our seats moved without being told, but we weren't complaining.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Ihtsham Nissar    (USA)

I have been flying United for the past 6 years from MAN to EWR and to my dismay it is a total and utter shambles. Within those 6 years I have flown as a solo passenger, whilst being pregnant and then with an infant and later with a toddler. I would not recommend them to a single traveler let alone a pregnant one. The only reason we continued to use this airline was due to the fact that EWR has the most quickest and convenient route home. Apart from that there is nothing that is appealing about the airline. The seats are not the slightest bit comfortable, however you are able to slightly move them back to a tilt. I can disregard the seating as almost all airlines are the same, but the cabin crew were obnoxious, rude and definitely did not seem to enjoy their job. Asking for juice was definitely a chore for them. Next time I will not be flying United, too many years of bad experiences.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by John Beasley    (UK)

LHR to LAX return during October 2014. Check-in unavailable on-line and at auto machine at LHR. Had to join queue despite having carry-on bags only. Outbound flight during daylight. Seat fine. Meal average to poor. Headphones fairly useless making it difficult to watch movies etc. Staff good. Return flight overnight complete contrast. Staff polite but charmless. No drinks unless you pay. ie wine $8.99 glass. Food poor. Both flights on time and at 60 less than BA basic but fairly acceptable.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by C Patel    (USA)

Flew from BOM-EWR. Fairly full flight. Unfortunately I was seated next to an already drunk passenger. Crew (very observant) discreetely intervened and rectified my problem in 2 minutes flat. I was seated aisle side with an empty middle seat (rare treat indeed). My go to drink on United is the premium red wine (Meiomi Pinot Noir) a solid value (70% premium over store price, compared to the 500% premium on beers and booze - only the stupid pays $8 for Johnny Red). Unfortunately they were not carrying it on the flight. The super helpful nice lady comped me with 2 bottles of house red with my dinner andthen brought me a big wine glass (yes, a glass and not the flimsy plastic cup) wfull of amazing cab - from the front! andshe brought it one more time before "bedtime". I was floored by the attentive service of the united flight crew. Hope my relationship with United will continue to thrive.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by L Condon    (UK)

London to Orlando via Washington. Terminal 2, fab help at self serve kiosks swift bag drop and security. Boarding efficient. 777-200 comfortable in aisle seat. Inflight service excellent plenty of soft drink runs expected charge for alcohol so had card with me. 3 choices for dinner, lovely green Thai chicken curry with salad and some type of apple cake. FA's disengaged and going through the motions but professional, no extra touches here. However clean cabin and toilets blanket pillow and headphones on all seats on boarding. Inflight entertainment choices very good. Arrived on time connection in Washington smooth. Crew on 2nd flight less interested but so was I by this point! Was just so relieved to be on this aircraft ad not some of the older smaller jets UA are still using on transatlantic routes.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Tara Kulkarni    (India)

My flight was 2 hours late from MSP to EWR and so I was going to miss my connecting Etihad flight to Mumbai. However the ground staff at MSP were very helpful and booked me on a direct United EWR to BOM flight that was scheduled just an hour later than my original flight. However my good experience stopped there. The premium economy seats were terrible. Not enough leg space and the head support wings were not adjustable vertically which meant anyone shorter than 5 feet 8 inches could not use them. Second, there was no complementary alcohol (not even a glass of red wine) available on the 14 hour flight. I was mentally prepared for their standards but was still let down. On top of which I could pay only by credit card for a drink. Considering I was a Indian tourist, the likelihood of me doing this was very low. The food was terrible and both the veg/non veg meals were almost inedible. The air hostesses were not friendly and avoided eye contact. They seemed very put upon by their job. I don't blame them as they probably had to eat the same food as us. I would never ever book this airline voluntarily.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Gene Adler    (USA)

Flew EWR-HNL-EWR on Oct 24 2014 and returning on Oct 31 2014. The crew on EWR-HNL was quite good. They sure let passengers know that the food available for purchase would be available during entire duration of the flight and all we had to do was come back to the galley. Very important on a long flight with no meal service. They also made sure to go through the aisles with water repeatedly. The crew on the return flight from HNL- EWR left much to be desired.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by L De Caro    (USA)

IAH to DXB via IAD, IAD to DXB 5 hours late, no help from ground staff, I thought that their rules about lengthy delays, evidently not on United, sat in first class lounge for 7 hours. I have never seen such a pathetic excuse for a lounge, the snacks were questionable and the whole lounge is out dated and appears dirty. Cabin staff were clearly annoyed by the delay, imagine I paid for this, my seat area was sticky and dirty, flight attendant was un co-operative when I asked her to clean it. I was never once addressed by my name, the crew clearly thought that they were doing me a favour by even being on the flight. Food was worse than I've ever seen even for a United flight. Fortunately I took my own food, we were told Restroom was reserved for crew, so the 2 restrooms for business class had to serve first class. All food was prepared by bare hands and galley person eat food as she prepared it, also sneezed and even scratched her head whilst preparing food. Other airlines offer pre packed nuts etc. considering the choice of other airlines that fly from the US to UAE United is way behind. Looking at Emirates lounge in Dubai or BA lounge in London puts United at the back of the line. I did arrive in Dubai and so did my luggage but the trip was far from first class and worse still some of the original crew were on my return flight and still equally annoyed by having to perform their duties. Cabin staff are obviously disgruntled and it shows, I wonder what happened to the old continental crews because before the merger continental really wasn't that bad as airlines go. Today's first class on United is not even as good as the old business first on continental. Worse still one of our group who had suffered 15 hours from Dubai to IAD was down graded from IAD to IAH because of over booking. I've learnt my lesson, never again with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by K Smyth    (UK)

Having spent the last 7 weeks travelling around the world business class with various airlines, we were very excited about our business first class flights, firstly Honolulu to San Francisco and then Newark to Edinburgh on our journey home. The disappointment started with entry to the lounge on both occasions where no substantial food was offered. Carrots by the truck load and processed cheese on the tiniest crackers did not appeal so we had no option but to head back out to a food retailer for a sandwich at further expense (having spent 6,000 on tickets already for this allegedly upgraded service). Liquid refreshments are limited with my husband being charged for a third drink when I had not even had one! It would appear that United Airlines Cabin Crew, Bar Staff and Club reception staff attend regular classes in being curt, disinterested or just plain rude! Thankfully waiting staff etc do not and are very pleasant. Regarding the plane itself on both occasions, these were very obviously old and incredibly uncomfortable. Sitting in row 2 on both flights subjected we were subjected to cabin crew slamming doors continuously, chatting very loudly or witness several members chomping on food whilst preparing the passengers meagre offerings. Please, United Airlines take note of all these negative reviews, you are offering a low budget service at a Premium price. Having looked around at the miserable faces (staff as well as passengers I might add!) in Newark lounge as I write this it says it all! We will we making as many friends and family aware of this and I'm guessing the others mentioned will too so I guess "what goes around comes around" eventually.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Singh    (USA)

Traveled ORD-PEK-ORD in economy. Very minimal service. Lounge offerings for star alliance gold are downgraded. Not even packaged cookies any more. Complimentary bar is extremely low quality, no complimentary alcohol on plane. In- flight movies are OK. Avoid.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Betty Hrubes    (USA)

Just got back home from an around the world trip. 62 hours of total of flying time. Jetstar was not good but I was really disappointed in United Airlines. Our United leg was a 6 hour flight from Newark, NJ to LAX. I felt the seats were to close together. They give you water, coffee or tea once. That is it. I'm so glad I had some snacks with me. You could buy something if you wanted. For a 6 hour flight they should give you something more. No nuts are anything extra. Really Oh if you wanted to watch a movie you had to pay for that too I will never fly with them again. This flight was booked by a travel agent. I have learned my lesson.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Richard Nash    (UK)

Having recently travelled to and from London to Nashville via Newark on United Airlines I do not understand how this airline is still in business. We had 4 flights with them, one cancelled, one delayed 3 hours, and one with the most rude and arrogant staff. The airline is a disgrace.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Streb Lovell    (Taiwan)

ORD to PSP, via Denver, one way in economy. Both flights on time, in fact the flight to PSP was about 20 minutes early. Planes clean. Staff was very competent. They are really starting to put in noticeably smaller seats.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by P Borgardt    (USA)

First Class round trip from San Francisco to St Louis. The flight over was fine. The return trip was on a Sky West jet! The 4 hour flight had no video, the seats were poor and there was no meal, only a snack box! While I'm sure that this saved United Airlines money, I describe it as a bait and switch. I paid the extra for First Class and didn't get what I had paid for.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Evans    (USA)

Flew UA from DEN to HNL in First Class. This is apparently a converted Continental plane with full reclining seats in first class. The seat was very comfortable with plenty of room. The food was decent, although the spinach calzone was drowned in a cream sauce - tasty, but not very healthy. The servers were friendly and helpful although after the meal was served about an hour in, you had to make a request for a beverage over the next 5 hours as opposed to any regular beverage service. I rarely fly first class so maybe they expect you to ask for something as opposed to bringing beverages out regularly? The plane had seatback, on-demand entertainment, which was great, except why is it that the UA webpage is still showing their listings for September and October only?

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Linda Sullivan    (Australia)

Recently travelled from Australia to US and back this included both international (SYD-LAX) and domestic (LAX-BOS) returning LAX-MEL, was apprehensive as had read critical reviews, however my experience was positive in all aspects. Found cabin staff both helpful and friendly, helping passengers with difficulties in placing on board luggage, this was more a problem on the domestic legs probably because people try to avoid checking in luggage and therefore push the limits with carry ons, I note that some Aussie domestic airlines are cracking down on this so perhaps other airlines will follow. Anyhow just wanted to relay my positive experience with United and would recommend them for a good service at good price. Loved the "Dreamliner" on the return flight!

United Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by McDermott Gail    (Australia)

Our travel agent booked our flights within the USA from Australia. Each leg was on United Airlines. I had read previous bad reviews on this airline, but thought we would give them a go. The experience was okay. The staff were fine, each flight was crowded and each time we were down the rear of the plane. There was nothing remarkable about any of the flights, but at least we arrived safely.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by R Hall    (USA)

RT Kona, Hawaii to London Heathrow. The flight from London to San Francisco is about 11 hours non-stop. I am a 6'3" disabled and booked my flight with that disclosure. To accommodate me, the agent made an effort to place me in a seat which had an empty seat beside me - very considerate and appreciated. At Heathrow prior to boarding I was called to the podium. To accommodate a family so that they might sit together, I was told, (not asked if I minded), I was being moved to a different seat and unbeknownst to me, in a three-abreast row without an empty seat beside me. Now, I know that United felt the priority of placing a family together takes precedent over my disabled status and assuming a full flight I can understand that priority. This particular flight, however, was about 90% filled. Many empty seats were available. I know that having an empty seat beside me is not a right or entitlement as a disabled person, yet was a kindness extended to me by the reservations agent, a kindness for which I was very grateful. UAL has a policy in place to help accommodate and make more comfortable disabled veterans whenever they can. I am pleased with that policy. I am just disappointed with what happened on that flight. Additionally and as mentioned in previous reviews, a 737 is far to small an aircraft for the flight from Kona to San Francisco without increasing the pitch and width of the seats. Years ago United was known as an airline that cared. It made for comfortable travel, travel to which I looked forward. In summary, in the future I will make a sincere effort to travel with an airline other than United.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Michael Critchley    (USA)

Since the late 80's I have been flying UA for business and pleasure and it has been a roller coaster ride. Having switched to another carrier for the last couple of years due to truly awful reliability and missing customer meetings I thought I would give UA another chance on a trip from Denver to Paris. How hard could it be? Get on the DEN-ORD flight allowing 2.5 hours in ORD to make the transfer to the ORD-CDG flight. The trip occurred 10 days after the control center fire and calls to UA customer service a couple of days prior to our trip confirmed things were working well again in ORD. The origin flight in DEN was the continuation of a SEA-DEN leg and that plane arrived right on time. The departure for ORD showed on time so we went to the gate to find another on time message on the board. Boarding time came and went with a last minute 15 minute delay. No problem I thought we had plenty of time in ORD. Soon another delay showed up on the gate monitor, now we were 30 minutes late, should I be worried? How much worse could it get and where was the Seattle aircraft that had made it to Denver on time? Soon another delay with the bottom line of just over an hour. Finally we boarded and pushed back and sat, and sat, and sat for another 15 minutes when a mechanical problem was announced. At this point it was clear we would miss the Paris connection and we went to the long lines at Customer Service to see what we could do. UA moved us to the later Lufthansa Frankfurt non-stop with CDG connection and said they would transfer our bags. (Of course no bags the next morning in CDG and UA blamed it on Lufthansa). Bags showed up 3 days later and we found out that UA sent them to ORD on a later flight. All this is very sad as the customer service people are trying hard to make their system work but are hamstrung by continued incompetent management. Once again we are riding the competition who are not perfect but much better than UA.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Anders Svensson    (USA)

October 10, LIS-EWR. After arrival at our departure gate, I thought I was at a wrong one after looking at the aircraft parked at the gate. To my astonishment, I was about to make an 8-hour transcontinental flight on an ancient Boeing 737-200, whose regular use in domestic routes was phased out in 2008. United wouldn't be United without some kind of delay, so there was a 30-minute hold. The flight was relatively smooth. Staff appeared to be seasoned, but lacking courteousness, with one having a condescending attitude and curt tone. Meals were hardly edible - I would say they were the worst of many kinds I have had. Overall, I rate my experience with United below average and will try to avoid my future journeys with this airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Singletary    (UK)

Went ORD-DCA-ORD, overall flights were okay although both were delayed. On my outbound flight there was also a delay because of a seat being broken on the aircraft and subsequently it seemed the flight was either overbooked or not completely ready to depart by the scheduled time due to some confusion with seating arrangements.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Kristen Behnke    (USA)

Sat waiting for maintenance and cleaning crews for over an hour. Sat in hot plane for all that time. More ground crew accountability is badly needed. This was just the tail end of our trip. Flights from home were delayed. We have people counting on our arrival for childcare. Unbelievable disorganization of different crews in Houston, New Orleans and Illinois.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Mishkevich    (USA)

We were traveling Business class from Newark to Las Vegas on Sept 26th. Apparently, the definition of Business class offered by United differs from any other airline out there. When traveling economy I normally bring my own bottle of water and buy some food in the airport. This time, given that I had paid 3 times as much for a Business class ticket and also remembering what it means worldwide I did not bring anything of my own. What a mistake! When I asked for a glass of water while plane was still boarding an extremely rude flight attendant asked me: "Do you really want it now?". Again United definition of a Business class does not include providing enough food for everyone. I have never encounter such unprofessional behavior in any service industry - and air travel belongs to a service industry last time I checked. In Business class provided by United you are paying for some extra leg room and nothing more. I will never fly this airline again.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Ron Kuhlmann    (USA)

SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG-SFO in Economy Plus. The B744 to and from Hong Kong was clean and well-maintained but showing its age-especially in the lack of IFE. However, in both directions the crews were very good with lots of passenger interaction and presence in the cabin. They were HK based and very international in composition. The crews to/from SGN were even better-old Continental Mic staff based in Guam. I had exit row seats on all legs and found the legroom to be fine and the seat OK--but on such long segments, no seat in economy is really "comfortable". The food was OK-could have been better with just a few additional touches-but no real complaints. The lounge in HK is fantastic-head and shoulders above anything in the US, which made for a nice interlude. Overall, an acceptable performance.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

IAD-SAV-IAD, 29 Sept to Savannah and 13 Oct return to Washington Dulles. We have used United Express on their small Embraer and CRJ200 Aircraft many times before when flying to Savannah from Newark, Chicago, Washington etc. Always been perfectly OK and usually on time and surprisingly comfortable. No IFE supplied and no refreshments purchased but then again they are only short flights. But this time, having booked our flights, we were offered Economy Plus seats when we came to choose our seats for $28 each per flight. We duly chose this option and paid only for the aircraft on the outward flight to be changed. The replacement aircraft had no Economy Plus seats - no refund came until I chased this through there refund system. Worse still, the return flight was on the original aircraft which never had Economy Plus seats in the first place. I will fly United Express again as they still do the job we want them to do but - if you can't provide the product you are selling then don't take people's money under false pretences.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Johnson    (USA)

United Airlines should be ashamed of itself! Terrible airline and awful customer service! I understand why the airline is the way it is, with all the outsourcing being reported on the news. The regional aircraft operating as United Express are old. Those planes are at least 30+ years old! I'm sick of this airline. Always delays, cancellations, never a flight crew, as well as various air traffic issues You spend thousands of dollars with them and they treat there Premier customers as trash. From now on I am a proud JetBlue customer, or even Delta!

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Kerekes    (USA)

UA flight 34, KIX-SFO, 15 Oct14. No more peanuts, etc, no alcoholic drink with meal (I don't care for it), lavatory in back of seats 25A-C has self-closing lids which would not stay up (the automatic flusher worked). I asked for decaf coffee twice, never saw a drop. I tried the attendant call button: it rang and the blue light went on: no one showed up, the light went out some time later. The food was close to inedible, the breakfast sandwich(?) concoction quite a mess. Why, oh why, doesn't ANA fly this route non-stop? The tone of the authoritative-voice announcements (recorded) was annoying. The flight was good, pilot talk fine, landing almost smooth. One-star marks below are overly generous.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Lauterbach    (USA)

I recently finished a mixed carrier trip (United, Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia). While AZ and VA were wonderful, friendly flight attendants, decent food (even the stuff for purchase was good), modern planes, flights all on time, the United flights in contrast felt like traveling in Russia in he 80s. The FAs were angry at everybody and it seems passengers just disturb their peace and are just a huge inconvenience in general. The planes are filthy and old. All my United flights were delayed between 30-60 min and the complete lack of communication in the gate was disturbing. Gate agents were equally grumpy.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Philips    (USA)

5.55am flight from Buffalo to DC then to Tampa Sunday 10/12. Ticket agent was in training and I knew we were off to a bad start. After boarding plane, they deplaned us because they had neglected to complete the security paperwork. Entire plane missed connecting flights, with only two rude ticket agents in DC. Earliest flight to Tampa (I was supposed to arrive in Tampa 10:30 am) didn't leave DC until 5.45pm. They routed me to Chicago to get to Tampa arriving 4:30 pm. Ticket agent neglected to inform me of shuttle from Terminal A to D so I ran the whole way. Got on the plane for Chicago which, after an hour, was cancelled due to technical problem. Entire plane got off and went to Customer Service, with only 3 agents, where it took 1.15 hours to finally be booked on the 5.45pm flight to Tampa. With all day to spend at the airport, they gave me a lousy $7 meal voucher (didn't even pay for one well-needed alcoholic beverage). When I finally got to Tampa at 8pm, my luggage did not, which I expected since none of the re-routing agents paid any attention to me when I expressed concern about my luggage. Never flying United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by T Weiman    (USA)

2014 Platinum flyer and 1M United Flyer. Flew last night on UA Flight 1430 between Orange County, CA and Chicago O'hare. Seated in center of 8th row. 1 row off bulkhead. About an hour before the landing, the flight attendants came through with another beverage service. After they had passed I asked my row mates to let me out to use the rest room. The isle to the rear of the plane was blocked by the cart. I proceeded forward to the forward rest room, where I was stopped by the male flight attendant serving first class. He indicated that I needed to return to coach and to the rear of the plane to use those restrooms. I indicated to him that the aisle was filled with the cart and the forward restroom was the only one I could get to. He again indicated to me to return to the rear of the plane. I told him I would not and proceeded by him and used the rest room. Behind me was my row mate (first met him on the plane) who is a 2014 1K member. The flight attendant told him he could not use the rest room also, he proceeded by him too. All the while, other customers are watching this flight attendant act like the Potty Police interrogating passengers about their restroom needs. Unprofessional and ridiculous. Happens all the time.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Muller    (Canada)

I was horribly dissatisfied with my experience using United Airlines. I was traveling to the states for Thanksgiving weekend and was delayed 3 hours on my first flight due to "late inbound aircraft" and again for my connecting flight another 2 hours due to the same reason. Looking back, the last 4 times I have traveled with United, this has been the reason. There was no weather leaving Montreal or Chicago. Then again on my return flight, I was delayed 2.5 hours and 4 hours on my connecting flight. When I finally got to my final destination at 2 am after 12 hours of traveling which should have taken a total of 6, I waited 45 minutes for my checked luggage. When I asked why we were waiting for so long, the United representative told me there were two flights coming in from Chicago and they wanted to put the luggage out all at the same time. I've never heard of this happening and several other passengers and I thought this was unreasonable. Our flight landed several hours late, why should we have to wait even longer for another flight to land, deplane, and unload their baggage. I will avoid flying with United again simply because they did nothing but say "sorry" and essentially ruined what would have been a very enjoyable weekend with my family.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Rich Johnston    (USA)

Not a good experience flying first class from Seattle to Charlotte. On second leg there wasn't any first class on the plane, and they didn't put my wife and myself together. Very frustrating. I did demand a refund and they did accommodate. Flying back from Charlotte they couldn't get my wife and Myself together in first class. Very frustrating. They didn't even try to fix that one. Customer service from United is questionable. They act like they just don't care.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

01/10/2014. LHR-IAH. Flight UA5. IAH-GIG, UA129. A journey I upgraded from economy to business first, using a global premier upgrade, a free perk obtained as a IK level frequent flyer. I feel that the level of service on United has improved drastically and the efforts of front line personnel should be recognised. The flight attendants on UA5 from Heathrow to Houston, were superb. They provided very professional, prompt and friendly service. A comfortable seat in a new Boeing 787. In fact throughout all, including my return journey from Rio via Houston and Chicago, all check in and flight personnel were considerate and attentive. All flights arrived on schedule or early. I would also add that as a United flyer since 1995, my baggage has never been lost! From what I can see, the only service problems this company ever had, are being corrected. If these improvements continue, I suggest that United could indeed become a world class leader.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by J Hughes    (Australia)

We recently flew from Cairns to Guam to Kwajalein on United Airlines. Although mainland US airlines have a bad name for treatment of their passengers - the Micronesia service transcends this. There were a number of aspects about this flight which were worrying. At Cairns the demeanour of the check-in staff was very "in your face" - when we asked to speak to the supervisor - this only made things worse. Documentation is a "very touchy" aspect of booking in for any US airline these days. Even though we had our ESTA validation application in hard copy to show, they basically refused to believe we had a valid ESTA as they were having trouble accessing the data on their computer. This was even though we had our ESTA forms identical to our passports! Take a hard copy of the website baggage guidelines - they make it up as they go! When we finally got in the air - the food is poor. Be prepared for some serious security scanning in Kwajalein, as it is a closed airport unless you have a sponsor or travelling to Ebeye - Passport photocopied, ESTA examined, separate Sponsor documentation, retinal scanning, height, weight, finger printing and questioning. If another airline elects to service this route I would certainly look to avoid UA.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by C Kim    (USA)

Just completed a series of three flights back to back. The flight attendants and all other aspects of the flight were passable, but with that said that's as far as it seems to go. United has gotten me back, to and from in one piece, but nothing from my 10 hour journey with them in a single day has been impressionable, which brings me to conclude that perhaps that's all this airline is trying to achieve unlike some of its peers. Back and forth from Los Angeles to Austin, I was able to get some rest and the buy on board food purchase wasn't half bad. The flight attendants on most of my flights were much younger than the usual veteran crew that I encounter on their flights, therefore enthusiastic. At the end of the day, United may not be my first choice, but it gets me there.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by S Daniels    (USA)

Fantastic business class flight from Chicago to Shanghai in upper deck of United Airlines 747-400. Attentive and friendly crew and great food - exceeding business class food on many international airlines. Entertainment system also has excellent offerings. United Business First Seat is very comfortable and creates the perfect lie-flat environment for plenty of restful sleep. I haven't flown United's business class in a few years and was pleasantly surprised.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Oct 7 SF to Kona, First Class. At the prices they charge even in this age of low expectations I was shocked at the experience of this trip. To begin with the aircraft used, a 737 is just inappropriate for a five hour trip. The legroom was ridiculous for any class of service but unbelievable for a premium ticket. When the gentleman in front of me reclined his seat I had absolutely no space left. In coach one has come to expect this but not at these prices. I was one of two people judging from the upgrade list posted who paid full fare and that resulted in a full cabin. The flight attendants tried hard but United gave them nothing to work with. The breakfast served was small and awful, there was only non fat milk for coffee and the food was inedible. The flight was timed to leave at 9.44 to avoid serving a more expensive lunch by one minute. The cost cutting is unbelievable, the experience absolutely horrific to be avoided at any cost. Back to Hawaiian Airlines I go - the extra stop required is well worth it.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by E Rodriguez    (Canada)

GVA-IAD. United needs to update its fleet flying to Europe. It is incredible the type of screens they have (a bit bigger than a smartphone). How will they ever compete with other airlines? Sadly, nothing special.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by James Manner    (Sweden)

Flew Oct 6th, LAS-ORD on an ancient B-757. Like a trip back in history, albeit not a good one! No idea why United still flies these ancient planes with pretty much original interior from the 80's. Chose Premium economy as it was 3,5h flight, 79$ for this was just a scam pretty much. Got 5 extra inches leg room and that's it. Would have been nice with at least a free sandwich or whatever. Guess US carriers are still years behind European and Asian one's. Why not just call it what it is, extra leg room seats? Spent 3h playing on the phone as United appears to address their customers as idiots as this was a morning flight with mostly business passengers, yet still playing a cartoon movie on the overhead monitors. Talk about missing your target. Several items on the menu also ran out, was sitting on row 2 so guess they just dont care to stock up on items, guess what United, that's another way to miss income from your passengers. Am a Star Alliance Gold member and will never choose United again as my first choice alternative in the states.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax