United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines customer trip Reports

United Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Alice Bertram    (USA)

I really was disappointed. Leaving Milwaukee, no flight crew. One and a half hours late leaving, stand in line for two hours to get connecting flight changed, airplane waiting for me to board. This was leaving Milwaukee for Houston. Coming home, leave Florida, great. Get to Chicago, no crew, finally board plane, wrong crew and asked us to get off the plane. Wait for right crew to get there, held up in Milwaukee. Get on plane 1.5 hours late, taxi, back to terminal plane over heating. Get this fixed so we have no air conditioning in plane, sweat and over heat to go to Milwaukee. What is the problem. Don't think I ever want to fly United again if this is the normal procedure.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by T Dowsett    (Australia)

Seattle-San Francisco/San Francisco-Sydney-Perth. The departure staff were some of the rudest, uncooperative staff we have had to deal with. Having stood in "row 5" to board and submitting our boarding passes we were told our hand luggage had to be put in the hold as the overhead lockers were full. This was very unsatisfactory as we were ticketed through to Perth. There was no checking of legal size of cabin bags. We saw many oversize bags go aboard including a musical instrument case at least 4 foot long. People putting their second piece in overheads instead of at their feet. If this was policed there would have been room for all legal sized bags. As we are aged 75 and 77 we had medicine required to be taken on the 27 hour journey. After removing medicine we allowed bags to be placed in hold. As the plane was about to leave gate we realized our passports were in our hand luggage. On approaching the head stewardess and the captain and explaining we would be unable to leave USA until passports were returned. Only through the captains orders our hand luggage was unloaded and brought up to the cabin. Full marks to the captain, he placed one bag in the cockpit and the head stewardess rearranged some other bags for the second one. This delayed departure by 15 minutes due to the incompetent staff at boarding gate not listening to where we were going. San Francisco to Sydney was poor service, poor food, no drinks unless you purchased them. Qantas flight Sydney to Perth, only a 4 hour flight and free drinks with meal and the offer of second one .

United Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by R Gibson    (USA)

Rome to Newark (EWR) in Business First, departing at 9:50 a.m. We were lucky that we could use the miles we had accrued with the United Mileage Plus card for this trip and were very happy with the flight. United uses Alitalia lounge for BusinessFirst customers, which is located in the basement of the terminal. It's very dated with white leather chairs and orange plexiglass dividers between seating sections. There is a bar just beyond the entrance which looked very poorly stocked with almost empty bottles of various liquor, and the surly server behind the counter begrudging made espressos on order. Food consisted of some bread, butter, jam, small croissants and cold cereal. Overall a real disappointing experience. The flight was announced in the lounge and we proceeded to board. We were in seats 3K and 3L. Others have commented that the person in the window seat has to climb over the person in the aisle seat, which is true. Once seated we were offered a choice of OJ, Champagne, Mimosa or water and handed our menus. Our flight attendants introduced themselves as did the flight customer service manager (not really sure what that means). After takeoff we were offered a beverage and warm nuts. Food service began and was very well done - in courses. Four options for entrees were given and wine was offered throughout the meal service. After lunch a cheese cart was offered followed by made-to-order sundaes. All in all very good. The new seats are fairly comfortable, although at 6'1" I found myself having to bend my legs a bit when lying down. Working the leg/foot and head rests took some getting used to. My biggest criticism would be that the "storage" shelf is over your shoulder and behind you. This includes the jack for the headset, which I kept pulling out when I turned in the seat. It was hard to get to and pretty unusable. The entertainment selection was excellent with great late run movies, television shows and music. An hour before landing we were offered a snack consisting of a chicken empanda, fruit salad, cucumber salad and chocolate. We landed 1/2 hour early and were the first off the plane. All in all a great flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by B Osborne    (USA)

Flew a 747-400 from Chicago to Hong Kong. The economy seats were horrible. They were extremely small. The seats were so bad I stood for over 5 hours during the flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by H Ryksen    (Canada)

Flew YEG to Amsterdam through Houston, return in business first. Flight crew on all flights were great, very professional and hard working. The one complaint was the food, Tasteless, overcook and very little variety. Also cabin could be kept a little tidier. Other than that, good flights.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Uwe Langhammer    (USA)

IAH-SFO on A319 and SFO-IAH on B787. Comparing the 2 legs with 2 different aircraft is hard. I would look forward to more planes look like the Dreamliner in regards to age and cleanness. I have no complaints but just general concerns. Economy Plus is just the more legroom nothing more nothing less. It's the small things that can add up, a pillow here and tiny bag of peanuts there and lets say a complementary cocktail on longer flights in Eco Plus to stand up to the "Premium Eco Class" and to be "Eco Plus friendly. I miss the work hard-fly right slogan.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Aaron Eisenberg    (Australia)

Boeing 777 SYD-LAX, LAX-SFO, SFO-SYD. Service was professional, Food surprisingly good. IFE very good. Boeing 777 legroom is good. I'm not crazy on these new economy seats on United when the seat recline the seat base moves forward. This is not good for the back and make sleeping less comfortable. Altogether very good experience, plus receiving 100% miles even though the ticket was discounted.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by H Wang    (USA)

Completely unreasonable and unwilling to help customers. Do not take United if you want any kind of decent customer service, friendliness of staff, or bearable trip. The woman behind the counter at check in seemed to feel a need to give me attitude for no apparent reason. Even at a small airport like in Ithaca, NY, United was unable to accommodate me.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by L Hamilton    (USA)

Had to fly United as it was the only one flying in at out at the times I needed. Flight from DEN-YXE was delayed twice on the way out. Then flying from YXE-DEN we sat in a small hot plane sweating for over an 1.5 hours after landing because Customs wasn't open for business yet and we weren't allowed off the plane. It is a daily flight so they should know when customs opens? Transfer from DEN-EUG had no gate until 2 hours prior, which changed 2 times, missed the flight because the last change was 20 minutes prior. Next flight out was 10 hours later. Unless you are person that likes sitting in Airports for days and enjoys wasting time and money this airline is an extreme last resort!

United Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by D Cutler    (UK)

Would never fly with United Airlines again, we boarded the plane back from Florida to Newark to fly on to the UK, to be greeted by miserable crew. This continued the whole of the flight. Anything asked of them seemed too much trouble, food was awful and was practically thrown at us. Seating was so uncomfortable, cramped together, but the worst part was as we were coming into land at Newark, the pilot overshot the runway, had to pull back up very fast and circle to try again, it all happened so fast - it was so scary, but not one of the crew checked on any of us passengers, one lady got up to be sick in the toilet - all we had was a female cabin crew shouting for her to get out of the toilet and sit down. A child around 9 yrs of age was beside himself, but still no one came to check on us. We got down safely the second time after being told they were moving to another runway. But even after the plane got down safely, not one of the crew came to see if anyone needed any help. The passengers are supposed to come first, but in this instance, none of us were. Wouldnt recommend this airline to anyone and will never fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by M Tonelli    (USA)

MKE-ORD-SFO and back. The first flight was delayed so we missed connection. Our connection was supposed to be a nice 777 but we missed it. Thankfully they said our flight was delayed because of maintenance problems so they gave a hotel and food vouchers. Slept at a nice hotel at ORD. Because of the low price for they tried to put us on a non direct fight for Washington and then to SFO. We finally got scheduled for a flight at 8:30. the airplane was okay. It was an old 757-200 with no entertainment systems or stuff. When we arrived at SFO it was midday and we still had time to explore the city.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by B McAvoy    (USA)

San Diego to Moline via Chicago O'Hare. When we landed in Chicago I received a text message from United Airlines that our connecting flight was canceled. They rescheduled us for 14 hours later! We live 2 1/2 hours away so we rented a car and drove. Our reimbursement was 1/4 the cost, didn't even cover the car rental. No other mode of transportation was offered, neither was a compensation for food or hotel if we had chose to stay and wait the 14 hours. This apparently happens very often. No excuse, but they don't have a problem stealing your money and not giving anything in return. This company should not be allowed to run their business this way. I will never book a flight with United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Z Harris    (USA)

This was the worst travel experience I have had. I travel frequently for work and for leisure, but this time I am unable to do either. I was scheduled to take off from LAX, connect in ORD, and then push on to ROC. Halfway through my first flight, we were dropped down in Denver due to a closing at the ORD airport. They de-boarded, re-boarded, de-boarded, re-boarded, then de-boarded again. We were there for an excess of 4 hours, standing in excessive lines, awaiting information about connecting flights and possible re-bookings. It seemed like all the United agents were hiding! I was finally cleared to take off for Chicago, and put on standby for 2 later flights to ROC. We were stalled on the runway at ORD and arrived at the gate very late. When I went to find my next flight, it had been moved. No notification was sent to me, but the agent ensured that it was boarding at another gate. I arrived at the new gate, stood in line for 15 minutes to find out that all those flights were canceled. When I expressed my concern about missing work the next day, I was barrated by the agent as he walked away from the desk and left me standing there without an answer. Thankfully, I was automatically re booked for the next day, but not given any accommodation. I stood in a customer service line for 2.5 hours to discuss accommodations with an agent. When I finally got to the front of the line, I was told it was due to weather, and I would not be accommodated. I told the agent that it wasn't weather, that it was an excessively delayed flight that caused me to miss my connecting flights. He then handed me a bag of toiletries and suggested I find a hotel on my own, and ushered me aside. By the time I walked away from the line, it was 12:00 am and every hotel I called was booked. I am now sitting, awaiting my flight to ROC, and it too has been moved from gate to gate without proper notification. I was told to watch the monitors until my flight takes off. I also just found out that my flight will be delayed again. I now understand why United is suffering; their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I don't recommend ever flying with this company. Rates are reasonable, but it is most certainly not worth the hassle.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by H Darwent    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester, UK to Newark then onwards to Las Vegas. Was very apprehensive after reading some dreadful reviews of UA. Became more apprehensive when attempting online check in 24hrs before the flight - our two seats were not together which for a long flight was a concern. After trying to finalise online check in I received an error message informing me online checkin hadn't worked. Arrived at Manchester and told that unlikely we'd get seats together, in fact the flight full so although we had seats, they were yet to be allocated & we'd need to wait for further instructions at the boarding gate. Luckily, somehow we went from having seats apart, to having no seats to somehow having an upgrade to Economy Plus! No idea how on a full flight we managed this but was great. Fantastic legroom (would pay extra on long haul now I know how much better the legroom. Food very good, eggplant lasagne was lovely. Inflight entertainment was very good. Flights ahead of time. Internal flight between Newark & Las Vegas fairly standard, neither good nor bad. Found direct comparison between Economy Plus & Economy legroom! No free food offered on the 5hr internal flight although available to purchase. Overall was very pleased with the flights however unsure I'd want a repeat of the apprehension again, wondering if we had seats, never mind sitting together! I'm scoring high for what we received but unsure I'd travel with them again as could so easily have turned out badly & also couldn't recommend to friends in case they have the nerves I had in advance and at the airport, caused by UA procedure FOR online checkin/not allocating seats/together.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by L Pulliam    (USA)

Reno-Denver-Chicago-Louisville. All flights on time. Late check-in at Reno (my fault) and the ground staff helped to rush me through and make the flight, all with a positive attitude, and was greeted upon boarding the plane. Each flight was about 85% full so not packed in. Leg room was just fine on the A320, B757, and EMB175. All attendants pleasant, with just enough drink runs on each flight. All beverages were free including spirits. This was in economy! Arrived on time in Louisville more than happy with my day flying across country on three different flights. Plus my luggage made it. Maybe I am just lucky but United always seems to work out great for me. Used my air miles so this round trip only cost me $10.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Benjamin Green    (USA)

United airline is a terrible airline for overseas travels. I flew Chicago to Frankfort. Crew were rude and unhelpful. Somebody was seating in my seat and crew didn't support me when I asked her to go back to her seat. I reserved a seat at the time of booking and they sold me the same seat for extra $100! In a 12 hr flight there is no free alcoholic beverage, no socks, toothbrush or toothpaste. I strongly recommend never fly with united, especially for overseas.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2014 by N Jordan    (USA)

IAD-SFO and SFO-IAD Flew United non-stop in economy. Absolutely no complaints. The planes were clean, on time, and the flight attendants were very good - always working. We brought our own food on board so cannot comment on the food sold. On the SFO-IAD flight there was quite a bit of turbulence but the pilot handled it very well. All of the United employees we encountered, in the air and on the ground, were friendly, helpful, and seemed to be happy in their jobs.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Deb Miller    (USA)

I wish I would have read the reviews for United before letting the travel agency book me on one of their flights. Twice we took off from Denver and both times we were re-routed back. The only information we got was a two second message from the pilot that we were going back. We were completely on our own to find out what we were supposed to do. None of the United employees were at all helpful and are very disengaged at this airport and it seems like you are bothering them if you ask a question. After standing in the customer service line to re-book, I was told no flights for two days. The customer service lady did seem to care, and spent half an hour looking for alternatives. I heard all sorts of people complaining about this airline and our shuttle driver said she hears about them all the time.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by O Steven    (Canada)

Recently flew several long international flights with United, from Chicago to Tokyo and back. For a 12 hour flight, there was no inflight entertainment, no seatback TV and they not charge money for drinks. I would argue that United is well below the average. The flight attendants do the bare minimum, and nothing more. I will not fly on United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by K Papis    (Switzerland)

EWR-ZRH. Traveled with baby, staff very inattentive and almost ignored our requests, even as simple as asking for some water (to make baby food). When water was brought, this was done with no empathy, and not asking if there was something else they could do. Any question was first met by unfriendly looks. United's ground service at EWR was a catastrophe. There are electronic check-in counters, about 20, with max. 3 staff to put the luggage onto the conveyor belt or to help if something can't be done through the user's interface, the computer tells you to 'wait for staff to help you', we waited for more than 20 minutes.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Gerald Pinaha    (USA)

We flew to Puerto Vallarta and back with a connection in Houston. Believe it or not, flying United, we actually had a fairly decent experience. Yes, the seats in coach are tight and uncomfortable. But at least 2 of the 4 flights left on time. Both flights to PV were on time and landed a bit ahead of schedule. We weren't so lucky on our return flights. The flight out of PV was delayed about a half hour because our plane arrived late. The flight out of Houston was delayed about 90 minutes but wasn't United's fault. There were many storms in Texas that night especially in Austin where our plane was coming from. So again, the delay was not the fault of United. When we finally did leave, we hit a lot of turbulence, but that was expected due to the weather. All in all, United did OK. Other then a few of their complimentary drinks, that's all we had on the plane. We refuse to pay for airline food. Not once on any flight did either my wife or myself use the bathroom. So to some it up, even though I hate to fly, this experience wasn't that bad.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Jan Peacock    (Canada)

It seems to have become the norm for United Express to not announce any delays until everyone is checked in. Then the announcements come every half hour increasing the wait time. Our flight from Halifax to Newark was to depart at 1.10 pm and eventually left after 5pm. Our return flight was to leave at 8.38 pm and left after midnight. Never ever again.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Anna Beckelhimer    (USA)

My husband and I recently returned from a trip using United Airlines. We arrived at our international destination 12 hours later than the original arrival time. Since that was mainly due to weather, I can't blame United. On the way home though we had a terrible experience. Our final flight from Houston to Fayetteville was supposed to board at 6.45pm but they kept delaying it around every half hour until finally at midnight they canceled the flight entirely. There were no more flights going out that night and the next day's flights to our destination were completely booked. We were given vouchers for a hotel which we got to at 2.30am and vouchers for food for the next day at the airport. We had to book a flight to Tulsa where our family had to drive a long way to pick us up. This plane was also delayed for an hour for no apparent reason. Upon reaching Tulsa, we discovered our luggage had been separated and my bag was sent to our original destination while my husband's stayed back in Houston airport. We had to drive to Fayetteville airport to pick up my bag. The next day we had to drive back to Fayetteville to pick up my husband's bag. Definitely the last time we will ever fly with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Richard    (USA)

Flew to Chicago on Friday, flight was delayed 6 hours. When it came time to return home, I received an email that my flight was cancelled. I talked to a United rep, she told me an identical flight was leaving at the same time as my cancelled flight, so she would book me on that one. Turns out, she misinformed me, there was no such flight. I got to the airport, found out she had booked me for a flight the following day, so I had to rebook yet again. On my return flight, the plane was delayed 2 hours. We all get on the plane, and after taxi-ing for 45 minutes, we received an announcement that we were going back to the gate. I had to spend the night in the airport. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Pat Dalton    (USA)

My husband booked our flight out of Gulfport, MS to Las Vegas. The price was good, but we were not allowed enough time between connecting flights. My husband is in a wheelchair, and I appreciate the skycaps who managed to get us to the connecting flights, although it almost killed me, at 65, to have to get through the airport with our luggage. The biggest mishap was that when we arrived in Los Angeles from Las Vegas, we were told there was no room for our carry on luggage, so it was checked. My husband's bag went to Hawaii. After many days of talking to people on the phone, who obviously have a problem understanding English, we finally got his bag delivered. Flying United was very stressful for me, and I would be very hesitant to fly United again. I think they need to do a better job of informing their customers of what to expect.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Tom Wang    (USA)

Plane was supposed to take off at 1pm, delayed to 3pm then finally to 7pm with no guarantee of no further delay. Now I am stuck in LAX waiting. All I got for the trouble caused by United Airline is a sorry from the representative and a $7 meal voucher - very good customer care indeed. Request to adjust seat, told the plane is 100% full. Okay so I request to adjust seat in advance for my return flight, now this is where it gets interesting: I was told by the desk representative that their "system" will not let her do so and was advised to use United Airline website to adjust seat myself, the only problem is their website does not have the seat change option either. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to take United Airline for their poor system setup and bad customer care.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Lautwein Christof    (Germany)

EWR-IND, think United is canceling more flights than they are operating. If not canceled, flights are most of the time significantly delayed. Ground staff are unfriendly and not willing to help. This is not an experience just on this flight, it seems to be always like that. Comfort and service in the aircraft is lousy. Will try not to go with United in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by L Seagraves    (USA)

Traveled CLE-SFO-NRT-MNL, March 15th, returned May 7th. Business class. Booked this reluctantly, experience a year earlier was not so great on the SFO-NRT leg. In cabin service and food was terrible. This year was a world different. All flights on time or early, food was good, inflight service was very good, the inflight entertainment worked great, check in was very friendly and attentive. The final leg is serviced by ANA. Last year the difference between UA and ANA was dramatic. This year practically seamless. The only change this year was that we were on the upper deck this time. We were amazed at the transformation in a year's time. Younger attentive flight attendants, friendly service and all worked as planned. Great transformation!

United Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Duma    (Canada)

Do not pay the extra cost for the comfort seats. That is the biggest scam that this airline has going. I have paid for comfort seats on KLM and WestJet and they were so worth it. This airline - expensive, and the only thing you get is slightly more leg room. The same uncomfortable seat in all other ways. This airline has to have the worst service of all airlines in the G20 (sorry have not flown others). Terrible seats, extra cost for luggage, what food is available is awful and expensive, and now you have to pay for inflight entertainment. On a recent flight to Hawaii, at least they had the courtesy of telling us not to bother because the inflight entertainment did not work over the ocean anyway. I love to read, but 6 hours straight is quite a reading marathon. I will pay extra costs for a flight rather than fly United.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Maurie Hill    (New Zealand)

As a seasoned traveler, I am constantly reminded what a disgrace United Airlines is to the Star Alliance. I've just completed a Star Alliance Round The World Business First trip on Thai, Lufthansa, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, and unfortunately one sector on United. Despite being Gold Elite status, and paying $US15,000 each for the fare, United refused me entry to their lounge in MCO at 0615h - when it was almost totally empty. They seated my wife and I in 3B and 5F for the six hour flight to SFO despite being booked on the one ticket, and pre- allocated 1A and 1B four months earlier! Are the traveling American public so accepting of sub-standard?

United Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Fausto Orsatti    (Italy)

26 April 2014, Verona-Monaco. LH 434, 26 April 2014, Monaco-Chicago. UA 8838, 26 April 2014, Chicago-Madison. Superb Lufthansa service, than you land in the USA and there is a long line at Passport control and no way to have an express service. I missed my connecting flight and what a surprise it was my fault and I had to pay for the hotel, transport, food etc.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Lorraine Horgan    (Canada)

Nothing but delays right from the start. We flew Vancouver to Chicago then to Ireland. Everyone had to check in themselves and weren't given seat numbers until boarding so no sitting next to your family. Staff weren't friendly. Flight was an hour late departing. No organization at all at the airport. Would not use them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Brandon A Stauffer    (USA)

My father and I had a reservation to fly from Boston to Sacramento. We had a connecting flight in Denver. Our flight leaving Boston was delayed 50 minutes, our flight arrived in Denver at the exact time our connecting flight from Denver was leaving. United Airlines didn't hold the next plane just a few minutes and so 13 people on our plane missed the connecting flight. The next flight for Sacramento left the next morning so we went to customer service to have them reserve a hotel for us but they claimed that the error was not made by their airline and wouldn't pay for our hotel. Now we have to sit in an airport terminal all night. United Airlines is not a good airline and I won't be flying with them anymore.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Galimidi Yves    (Belgium)

Nightmare with United last week. I had a 1st class ticket, Miami-Chicago on UA and Chicago-Zurich-Brussels on Swiss, 3 flights on one ticket. Connecting time in Chicago 3 hours and 25 minutes. Checked-in in Miami for my UA flight, and Y flight was delayed several times. Finally the plane landed. Ready for boarding and then technical failure was announced. Staff did not know if and when the plane would leave. I explained my situation and asked to be rebooked on another airline, any airline, in order to leave Miami since I was supposed to have a knee surgery upon my return in Brussels. UA staff refused and were not polite at all. Finally at 8pm announcement that our flight was cancelled. I had spent nearly 7 hours at that airport. I was granted a room at the Holiday Inn airport which was fine and then food vouchers at the same hotel. In total 21 USD for lunch/dinner/breakfast. One thing is for sure, never again United. I was rebooked on the day after Miami/Newark/Brussels on the day after first class domestic, business class long-haul. Ok but far from the Swiss service standards.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by D Gandhi    (UK)

Outward journey on 30/3/2014 on flight UA 941 and inbound journey on 25/4/2014 on flight UA 17. We had a double cancellation of flights to and from LHR-EWR. Flight to LHR was cancelled but the reason remained unclear and the flight from EWR was cancelled after we were told there was a technical problem with the aircraft. Luckily they gave us hotel accommodation and taxi fares, along with also breakfast and dinner vouchers. I would not recommend this airline to anyone. It caused lots of stress.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by N Miller    (USA)

FRA-SFO on 747-400 this might have been a 9 or 10 star review except for the very late (over 30 minutes) delivery of bags at SFO with priority bags not apparently given any priority - service onboard was impeccable - staff were attentive and professional and did everything they could to make the long flight as comfortable as possible - UA really does need to start handing out pyjamas in F, and could also make the bed softer as well as making the blankets thicker and wider if they really want passengers to get some good sleep. Food was OK nothing special - the mushroom soup in a very small cup was the best course, while the beef was tough.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Peter Wise    (Canada)

I really don't know how to express my dissatisfaction with United. I buy business class and get dumped into economy. No explanation, nothing. Trite meaningless apologies are given. That's it. On my return trip, the flight attendants were not very attentive in business. Once beverages were served at the beginning of the flight, they disappear for the rest of the flight. The dinner meal for a 5.5 hour flight in business is a joke. A small plate of antipasto? That's an appetizer. The customer care program definitely needs improvement. Non responsive and when they do respond, they ignore my complaint but do dwell on how great United is and they sincerely hope my next flight will be a good experience. United advertising is good, unfortunately they only talk the talk. United has yet to learn how to walk the talk. United just frustrates me to no end.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Malte von Lewinski    (Germany)

Horrible service, rude flight attendants, check in process rude. The woman told us it was not her job to do the check-in for us when we had questions and the machine would not print or accept my credit card. We were left to our own devices and were just rudely told to hurry up as we were not the only customers there. Since we booked with Lufthansa and paid regular prices and not with a cheap aircraft carrier this behaviour was outrageous! After we finally got our prints (just flight confirmations not boarding cards) we were told we would get the boarding passes at the gate. After asking a couple of times we got our boarding passes, just to be told during boarding, our daughter could not be seated with us because we were sitting in an emergency exit and she had to sit 7 rows behind us. The cabin attendants were not very helpful and finally we got a nice couple to swap places with us.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by R Itty    (Canada)

April 27 2014, OKC to YYZ, my connecting flight was in EWR. When I arrived at Newark I learned that my connecting flight was cancelled. The reason for cancellation - bad weather in Toronto. I asked the staff member to find me a different flight, the best he could come up with was a flight for the next day! I explained that this was unacceptable. I then asked if I did accept the flight for the next day would I be given a hotel room for the night, his response was no because if the flight is cancelled due to weather then the airline is not at fault and does not have to provide a room. To put the cherry on top, he would not look for other flights except for the one for the next day. His suggestion was that I researched possible routes home and come speak to him later when I found another flight that was more acceptable to me. I was at a loss. I managed to acquire a flight home that same afternoon to Toronto on Air Canada. What I want to know, is how is the weather in Toronto can be a problem for United airlines but not a problem for every other airline in North America. I fly several times a year, I will never fly with United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by H Robertson    (USA)

I flew from BTV-EWR-DFW a few months ago and it was by far the worst experience. Outbound flight to EWR was delayed 1 hour 15 minutes. The connection in EWR was missed by about 3 minutes. The customer service agent was useless and also put the blame on myself for missing the connection. I waited about 5.5 hours in what has to have been the dingiest terminal in the US (Newark's C2 concourse) for the next flight to DFW, which of course was delayed. Once boarded, we sat at the gate for an additional 40 minutes without any communication from the crew. The pilot then informed us that "it appears the people refuelling this thing put more in the right wing than they did in the left". We waited yet another 20 minutes for him to come back and say "to add insult to injury, it appears that the APU is broken and it wouldn't be a good idea to fly without it." An hour has passed since we boarded and we finally pushed back. The inflight service was sub-par and only one beverage service was offered during the 3.5 hour flight. Overall, an appalling experience on an airline that used to be enjoyable. Also, if you're not flying international or a hub to hub, expect a regional jet or prop plane.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by BJ Carter    (USA)

We flew out to San Francisco on Delta on April 27 2014 - a great flight even though we had a longer trip because of storms. The flight waited on us constantly during the long flight. On May 1, 2014, we flew home on United 1278. The two stewards and one stewardess were terrible! Went up and down twice during our flight back to Atlanta. I was in a window seat and hey never spoke to me! The pilot did a good job - but did not speak loud enough.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by McGuire Jack    (USA)

MSY-EWR-LIS, with an open-jaw return from LHR-EWR-MSY. I must confess I tempted fate here, as I didn't want to leave New Orleans too early on a Sunday, so I opted for the afternoon flight that would connect in Newark with the overnight flight to Lisbon. It was a short connection window (59 minutes), but I decided to risk it. Big mistake. Once we landed - wouldn't you know it - no available gate. So we waited an additional 40 minutes on the tarmac, and then another 10 at the gate waiting for someone to operate the jetway to dock with the plane. I sprint off the plane and we were the last two people on the Lisbon flight. As it turns out, that flight was delayed about 25 minutes. Our luggage wasn't so fortunate. When we initially inquired upon arrival in Lisbon, they said it had been sent to Frankfurt, and that it would be arriving on a TAP Air flight from Frankfurt at 3.25 that afternoon, after which it would be delivered to us at our hotel. We left Lisbon the next morning and checked at the airport to see where our luggage was. No idea, they said - the last reported location of the bags was Frankfurt. Off we flew to Paris - without luggage. Arriving at Paris-Orly (where there is no United presence), the only help we got was from a French ground services attendant, who was nice enough and took our information as to where we were staying (in Normandy), but could offer little else. We spent the next 3 nights in Normandy with no luggage, and no one attempted to contact us about it. Four days later, finally someone from United got a hold of us and told us our luggage had arrived at London Heathrow. Since that was our final night of the trip, we just opted to pick it up at the airport the next morning upon check-in, and change at the airport, lest we go through the hassle of yet another botched bag delivery. Only when we arrived at LHR, we were told that our bags were already sent ahead to Newark on an earlier BA flight. So here we were - at the conclusion of an 8-day trip with no luggage. At least we'd be able to collect our bags once we arrived back home in New Orleans. Our bags never made it from Newark that evening. They'd come the next day, they said. Finally, at 2 in the afternoon, almost nine days after I'd checked in the bag, I was reunited with it. In one generation, United has gone from industry standard to mediocre to absolute lowest common denominator.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Emerson Neil    (USA)

Do not take United flight from Honolulu to Guam. The plane and configuration used is for domestic flights, plus there is no inflight entertainment. I fly business first all the time with United. This flight was nearly 8 hours and it was like flying with a 3rd world airline. Food was terrible. An unbelievable experience for an airline that generally does very well.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Van der Meer    (Netherlands)

Business class AMS-ORD-YVR. Check in went very smooth, departure with 15 minutes delay due to air traffic control. I was seated in a window seat which was ok, but if you want to get out of it you have to bother your neighbor. Flight attendants were quite old, no youngsters like on flights with KLM. Food selection and service were good. Also the inflight entertainment was sufficient. With a small delay we landed at ORD. The flight to YVR was not special in business. Snack was below average and seat is medium. Overall satisfying and would do it again for the price.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Mike Erez    (Israel)

Flew TLV-EWR-SFO and back, flights were on time, boarding was smooth, crew were pleasant and friendly. Food standard airplane but served hot. Experience from flying with other airlines, we came equipped with movies, books on our tablets.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by T Templeman    (Canada)

Flight from Fort Lauderdale to St Johns with connecting flight in Newark. Left Fort Lauderdale late, ran to connecting flight with less than 15 mins to spare, flight ended up 4 hours delayed but was never updated online or any departure board. Connecting flight Eventually cancelled because of fog in Newfoundland all though other family members arrived home on Air Canada and Westjet without the fog being an issue. They did give us a toiletry bag to take back to hotel we paid for. No apology but was put on a 6 am flight following morning. Terrible service and flights with no entertainment or compensation.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Sean Terrell    (USA)

My wife, our 10 month old and myself flew from Columbus, Ohio to Richmond, VA with a stop in Cleveland. Our plane was late getting into Columbus which made us late for our connection in Cleveland. The next available flight wasn't until 8pm that evening, giving us a 9 hour layover in Cleveland and causing us to miss the wedding rehearsal dinner we had planned on attending that evening. However, when we reached our destination nearly 10hrs from our original arrival time we found that our luggage was lost. We received the same explanation from customer service while our bags flew from Cleveland, to Charlotte to who knows where. On our last evening in Richmond, a few short hrs from our next departure time and at 2am in the morning the doorbell rang and our luggage appeared, for which I then had to pay another $25 to get it back on the plane for our return trip to Columbus. Just when things couldn't get any worse, the ticket attendant at Richmond airport told me that my wife and infant's son were on the same ticket and my wife wouldn't need her own to get through security. We stopped and grabbed some coffee, said goodbye to our in laws and stood in line to get through security. Once we reached the front of the line the TSA agent told my wife she needed to return to the ticket counter in order to get her own boarding pass. Unbelievable. So we returned to the ticket counter where the attendant who originally issued us our boarding passes proceeded to tell me it was my fault and my wife's name was not showing up on the reservation. Then, mysteriously she found her name and printed the correct boarding pass. Once we got through security and to the gate, the gate attendant made a snide comment about being the last one's on the plane and charged us another $25 to gate check our carry on bag-the same bag we carried on for free 3 days earlier. I realize United might have slightly cheaper airline tickets, but please do yourself a favor and spend an extra few bucks to fly in peace, with all of your luggage. In the end, our lost bags cost us an extra 200-300 hundred dollars anyway and the service we received in Richmond was absolutely terrible.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by J Smith    (UK)

LHR-EWR: sat on tarmac at LHR for 3 hours before being informed the flight was cancelled due to a maintenance issue. United tried to re-book us on a flight 24 hours later and only after considerable effort did they find us seats on a (half empty) BA departure. EWR-HR: Flight was overbooked so without asking us we were "upgraded" to Ec. Plus. The net result of which was I lost my aisle seat for a middle. I would have preferred to stay in Ec but was not consulted before being moved. The check-in staff at both LHR and EWR are easily the rudest I have ever come across. Also United don't have on-demand entertainment (someone please tell them its 2014 not 2004) and the seats are uncomfortable and narrow. Unless there is a massive price premium please take my advice and fly with a different airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Randy Sederstrom    (USA)

I recently booked a flight to Denver from Kansas City, trip cost was $376, avoiding other airports I wanted a one way flight to and fro. Price went to $925. Then while boarding the flight we have a prop plane. The seats were so narrow and of course no air-conditioning. The flight took an exceptionally long time back and forth from Kansas to Denver. I don't understand, the United Airline Magazine says how their improving the flight for the customer. I think its time the execs take a flight cause your badly mistaken.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by J Sinclair    (Canada)

March flights. We were a party of 6 and it was the first time flying United. We flew from Toronto, connecting in Chicago and ending up in New Orleans. First, they were an hour late taking off. The pilot said they were contracting out the baggage handling so they were slowly putting one bag at a time on the conveyor. As a result, we missed the connection in Chicago. Then 3 (or 4 - I lost count) gate changes and delays. The we boarded then de-boarded. They didn't want to assign seats for 3 of our party, even though I had bought and paid for the flights 11 months before, they over-book and weren't sure 3 of us would make the flight. Finally arrived in New Orleans 6 hours later than scheduled. Of course we weren't seated together. Return flight - one of our party didn't get a seat at all. Had to take a later flight and all that entails.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Brad Weston    (Australia)

Just returned from USA. SYD-SFO-LV-NY-SFO-SYD. Overall very good experience - travelling with 3 others inc 2 Children. Upgraded both international legs to economy Plus - makes a world of difference. Staff on Board were very welcoming (not OTT but very professional). Only gripe was that after a late Arrival NY-SFO it was announced that for those connecting to Sydney Australia that plane was being held (there were about 10 of us) and that we needed to proceed to International Gate 102. We all arrived there as quick as possible only to be told the plane was not going to wait and never was. The delay ex NY was not a UA issue - ground staff at Newark. Anyway - proceeded back to Customer Service desk where a fantastic attendant was very helpful, provided us with a comp at the Crown Plaza near Airport and gave us some comfort packs. With 777 aircraft replacing 747 ex Sydney, United will get my business again (at the right price).

United Airlines Customer review :  26 April 2014 by M Kemmit    (USA)

After a 20 min delay during the first part of our trip we arrived in Charlotte only to be told we had to race across the entirety of the airport in less that 15 mins, (which would have been feasible if we had the full 35+ mins). We managed to reach the gate 6 mins prior to the 'last' boarding call but they had "closed the doors for an early departure" and refused to allow my wife and I onto the plane. They then directed us to go all the way back across the Airport to get lower quality, and separate seats on a much later flight. They attempted no form of compensation or even an apology and acted as if it were our fault, and that they were doing us a favor by 'allowing' us to get the terrible seats. The worst of it though is their claim to be both Military and Handicap friendly, but they fail in both.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2014 by B De Groote    (Belgium)

Plane looked extremely old and worn. Food was poor even by airline standards. Inflight entertainment consistent of overhead screens with 80's image quality. Can't remember when I last sat in a plane with such prehistoric inflight entertainment. The worst were the stewardesses. Not all of them. But some of them were really unfriendly. The highest level of service that one older, grumpy stewardess could muster during a 10 hour flight was to tell me that I had been standing at the back of the plane for too long (I was reading a book standing up, couldn't bear sitting in the seat anymore) and I needed to sit down. Probably the least service-centred flight I ever experienced. United Airlines is an airline that I will use in the future only when I can't afford the alternatives.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by B Becker    (USA)

Flew from Okinawa, Japan with final destination at D.C. Dulles (IAD) with stops at Narita (NRT)-Tokyo and Chicago O'Hare-ORD. Flight from Okinawa to Tokyo is always through ANA since United contracts them out to and from Tokyo to Okinawa. I then flew a 747, Economy Plus from NRT to ORD. Waste of money to upgrade to Economy Plus. A little more leg room and width but that is it. Food and drink service was the same (not much) so can't recommend this. No personal entertainment (was all on the big screen). Food was not good and seems to be deteriorating, no longer do they give you any fruit or vegetables but just one course meal and that is it. I also noticed they now charge you for a beer or wine, I think they just changed this as of January 2014? I paid an embarrassing $6 for a Heineken which I thought used to be included for Economy Plus? Service was just ok and nothing special. I then flew from ORD to IAD and again Economy Plus but waste of money. Seats felt tight and cramped and I noticed absolutely no under the seat room for bags or stretching out? Onboard departure was chaotic as people couldn't store their luggage in overhead bins.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Colleen Knox    (USA)

Flight on April 22, 2014 was delayed and then, cancelled. After sitting and being told the takeoff was being delayed 3x, they finally cancelled the flight. Announcing, casually, that it was cancelled and everyone needed to go to Customer Service. No warning. No "We are really sorry." No approaching the customer to help us out.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by J McIvor    (Canada)

I've had an awful experience both times I've flown with United. The first time, all my flights were over booked and delayed. (Two flights there and back, due to connections.) They gave us very little information about why, and were extremely pushy when finally getting us to board the plane. We spent a long time sitting in the plane after being boarded with no explanation before we finally took off. They offered compensation to take a later flight, but I had already been delayed for 2+ hours! On the more recent flight, the flight was overbooked and I was unable to get on. There were no other flights out of YYC to SEA, and I ended up having to cancel my trip. They have not been helpful when I tried to contact them. They told me they were transferring me to International Customer Service, but I was just disconnected! I would not recommend United. Avoid them if you can!

United Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by G Bampfield    (UK)

I can honestly say this was the worst trip I have had in 20 years. Seat allocation is by far the worst especially if you are travelling with children. Chances of getting seats together are slim. My 11 year old wasn't even allocated a seat regardless how many times we tried online prior to flying and we booked last June. After a lot of stress got a seat but not together. They over book all flights and offer people compensation if they take another flight. Or offer you an upgrade to get all seats together as they tried with us for an extra££80 each. As someone said to us on the flight was that they are only after money. As regards to check in at Heathrow. What a mess. All electronic to get boarding passes. It was like a bun fight. United make a big thing about there new systems and app but have forgotten the most important thing. The customer. Luggage. Make sure each bag is under weight. As they don't take into account overall weight. Tried to charge us £150 for 1 bag over by 2 lbs. We transferred it to a lighter bag. As I said before only interested in the money. They could learn a thing or too from EasyJet as regards to seating. The food was good is the only positive experience. I would never use again.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by C Tompkins    (USA)

I am sitting in First, EWR-LHR so can't complain too much, but I'm shocked at how a global first customer is treated. First I had to argue with the gate agent at the entrance to the global first/global services lobby who said I was not allowed in. I pointed out that I was flying global first 3 times and then demanded that we ask the people inside, who said I was, of course, welcome. After heading into the lounge, which at EWR is only a United club, not first, I went to the gate which was chaotic. They called global services group 1 and I came in behind the one GS person in group 1. I was actually pulled out of line and held back because they said only global services. I asked about global first and group 1 which was being called and was promptly told first class is very different from global services. I know now why I usually just take Lufthansa and connect through Germany for their grace and ease. It is amply clear that we million miler 1k fliers just aren't worth much at united. Why bother being loyal.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by W Buddenbaum    (USA)

My flight out of Austin to San Francisco was delayed over an hour which caused me to miss my next flight. That flight was the last one out of SF for the night. The 3 people at the counter in Austin told me bluntly that there would be no compensation for the fact that I was going to stay the night sleeping in the terminal in SF. When I arrived in SF, I went to the counter in Terminal 1 looking to get my boarding pass for the next day. I was handed hotel and food vouchers. I use United because they're the only carrier out of my smallish town (Chico, CA) and before getting that voucher, I had promised myself never to use United and to drive the almost 2 hours to Sacramento to use another carrier.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Bill Byers    (USA)

My first trip to Asia, IAD-SFO-ICN (Seoul Incheon) and back. A319 from IAD to SFO was small, first class seats were old and not great. FA's were good, food was OK, Flew global first on a 747 to Seoul. Toilets stopped working half way through the flight and we landed in Osaka for repairs. Delayed my trip by two hours but the crew handled it well. Return flights was upstairs in business first, seat was narrow but not bad, IFE was good, food was also good. SFO to IAD on a 757-200 that had to be 25 years old with CRT IFE from 1990. FA's were excellent but the plane needs to be retired. Overall, a good trip and I truly think once United modernizes its fleet, it needs to decide if it wants to compete with the foreign carriers. If so, maybe a few less seats in business class, get away from 2-4-2 configuration, and perhaps better first class seating in the domestic fleet.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Corina Del Valle    (USA)

I fly with United because it is one the few alternatives to fly directly to Bogota. They do not respect the seat assignments. On 2 occasions, they changed without explanation, even though I had paid for economy plus set, they sent me to the back, I had to really fight to get one in economy plus. On a 5 hour international flight they give you nothing, just a drink. No entertainment.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Chase Landreth    (USA)

I flew First Class on UA14, HNL-EWR. The plane was clean and the entertainment system was excellent. The food, however was inedible. What they called "chicken cacciatore" was really a piece of cardboard. I have had better food in Coach on other airlines. Service on the flight was de minimus. The flight crew seemed only interested in finishing the pitiful dinner service as quickly as possible. Nobody flies for the food, but United sets the bar for the worst food and catering in the industry. I thought Delta had poor food (which they do), but by comparison, they look pretty good.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by J Young    (USA)

As a long time Continental customer and I really am trying to like United but they sure make it difficult. This is supposed to be an American company but they outsource customer service to India and Philippines with poor service to us customers. My flight from Narita to Newark Liberty was on a 777 that needs repairs and a good cleaning. My seat controls weren't working properly and the lavatories were dirty. Absolutely no amenities in the lavatories. I asked the flight staff for some soap and she gave me her own bacteria spray! For the cost of a business class ticket on this international flight you would think that United would provide what is standard on other airlines. The food was mediocre and no longer worthy of a business first pricing. All my other flights to Asia and around Asia were with Asiana and Bangkok Air. Amazing trips and outstanding service, staff and amenities. Of the Star Alliance group, United seems to be the only airline in the group charging outrageous prices and giving the customers barely basic services. I know all our USA airlines are the same, lousy service, but it sure does embarrass us with the rest of the world and I envy their far superior airlines. I took several 45 minute flights on Bangkok Air and would you believe they provided box breakfast/lunch with soft drink on each flight at no extra charge. And served and cleaned up over 100 passengers within the 45 minutes. It takes that long to get one drink, sometimes, with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

LAX-NRT-LAX (en-route to BKK) BizFirst on UA's new 787. Service both directions was really top notch. The crew were professional and attentive and on both legs, the International Service Co-ordinator came to personally thank each passenger for their business and for choosing United (I thought that added a very nice touch). Meals were actually quite good and the wine parings worked well. Opted for the Japanese meal on the return and found it pleasantly delicious (including the array of sushi appetizers). The best thing about the trip was the aircraft. Arrived refreshed and didn't feel like I'd spent 12 hours in an airplane upon landing. Would recommend flying the a/c wherever possible. Overall, high marks for this flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Patrick Bellot    (USA)

Orange County-SFO, Round Trip - April 2014. Be aware: paying extra for an Economy Plus gives you the privilege to board last (group 5). On a full plane, it means that the overhead bins will be full when you embark and you will be deny boarding with your carry-ons. They will be checked at the gate of the aircraft. It happened to us on both legs of this trip even though our carry-ons were undersized and we had only one per person other than my wife's purse and my computer shoulder bag. But for our surcharge, we had a free half glass of water served by stern attendants. What a bargain! Too bad Virgin America no longer flies out of SNA. I really miss them. Their service is light years ahead of United. And when you pay a premium for a Virgin seat, you have real perks coming with it. Not bait and deceit.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by B Certain    (USA)

Most excruciating flight I have endured was the 757 UA flight from Newark to Oslo on 5 April. The seats in economy were sadistically cramped. The aisle was so narrow that the crew could not move their carts without repeatedly banging and bumping into passenger seats. United's utter contempt for its customers and its crews is all too evident in its creation of such a tortuous experience. United has finally jumped the shark in the cheap, cheesy, penny-pinching department. I can choose to fly another airline and, believe me, I will.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Shaukat Mahmood    (USA)

This was our worst experience. United Airlines had already been the airline with the most customer complaints and proved to be true when we took a trip to Florida. On the way back our flight for 3pm had been delayed for 5pm and then was cancelled due to "maintenance issues." We took another flight for 8pm and again was delayed to 9.30pm. We asked the lady at the counter and she said that the cabin crew wasn't prepared for travel so they delayed the flight. They are disorganized and I will never be flying United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by T Funk    (USA)

United Express: I flew from ORD to ASE in March and although they have us over a barrel as they are the only airline with non- stops, the flight wasn't bad. We had to cram into a little regional jet, definitely much smaller than United's traditional mainline aircraft, but it was a relatively new plane. The seats did seem smaller, but the service was jut about the same as its big brother. The fare was on the high side, though.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by K John    (USA)

I have flown from Newark to Delhi or Mumbai multiple times. The routing works well for me, as I can access EWR from Philadelphia easily with the Amtrak codeshare, although since they require more than a 3 hour layover in EWR on the way back, the codeshare is only useful outbound. I like the Economy Plus seating, which is a plus for the long trip. Despite being at the top Premier level, however, I find that I never get upgraded to business class despite supposedly having "System-wide upgrades" available. In practice these can never be used on these flights in my experience, and one has to pay extra to be "eligible" then does not get the upgrade anyway. I am trying to book a ticket now, and even though 38/40 business class seats are empty, they will not confirm the upgrade, and from what one reads on the internet, the only way to get it is to check again and again and again and perhaps you might get lucky when they have opened one. In general the "free upgrade" offer for international travel seems to be a scam. The economy plus seating is better than normal economy though, although I'm not sure it compares favorably with other airlines' economy.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Gugelyk    (USA)

HNL to BKK. Aborted take off in HNL. Plane back to ramp, sit inside plane for 5 hours. Problem could not be fixed, mechanical. Flight cancelled. Told to disembark, get out luggage at Arrivals, and go to Departure area to rebook. This on a 747 with 350 plus people on it - all pulling their luggage about 1/2 mile to Departure area. Line up at departure area United to re-book - wait 7 hours to get to counter. Only 2 staff members to rebook the entire airplane. I was put on Delta the next day to NRT. Gave me $10 voucher for meals, and over night free stay in Waikiki hotel. Cheapest meal at hotel was $18. Next AM, Delta took off on time got me to TKO, then transfer to United back to BKK. Never again with United!

United Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Jay Smith    (USA)

I flew from DCA-EWR on Monday April 14. It was a mess, United cancelled all of its flight out of DC without any reason. The weather was perfect, my flight was suppose to be at 11.30am, they cancelled it, then I was put on the 4.30pm, which was delayed, and finally at 6.30pm they decided to cancel. They don't think of their passengers, they don't respect their time, this airline is really the worst airline I've ever flown. Would not recommend.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by K Jenkins    (UK)

London Heathrow-Chicago O'Hare, UA0929. Chicago O’Hare Intl-Denver, UA1014, 29th May 2013. Denver-Rapid City, UA4914. Rapid City-Chicago O’Hare, UA4414. Chicago O’Hare-London Heathrow, UK. UA0938, 23rd June 2013. I cannot understand United are not upping their care for its customers. We flew with United on our last holiday and quite honestly never again. We have flown to many places around the world and United without any doubt are the worst airline I have used. The cabin crew are lazy and somewhat rude, doing as little as they can. They could not even ask for the window blinds to be raised when coming in to land at London Heathrow. They did a standard talk when we were on the plane (with a special welcome to our premium and military customers). So quite obviously the economy passengers do not matter remembering of course that it is economy passengers that are the bulk of their customers.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by L Grand    (USA)

We flew from LAX to Dublin, Ireland. I will never fly United again. The plane looked old, it was also dirty. The drink service took forever! I realized it was because when you order a soda they don't give you a cup of ice and the can anymore. No. They now open a can a pour some into the cup for you and then use the same can for the next passenger. I've never had an airline do this. Very cheap. The worst part was the food. I am a vegetarian. When I booked the flight and went online to request a vegetarian option, the only option I saw was Indian food. I highly dislike Indian food so I thought this was odd. I called customer service to inquire about other vegetarian options. They have no satisfactory options for vegetarians. I told her I would stick with the regular meal instead, my plan was to eat the sides. When the meal service came around they brought me the Indian vegan plate! I told them that I did not request this and asked for a regular meal. They said they did not have enough and maybe once they served everyone if there was an extra I could have it. I didn't eat on the way to Ireland. On the way back I had to make sure to bring food for me to eat on the plane. Both flights, to and from, were delayed by 2+ hours.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by K OMalley    (USA)

I recently was on a United flight from DFW to ORD with my two small children (3 years and 10 months). After takeoff it became necessary for me to change my daughter's diaper. I pressed the flight attendant button and told the man that I needed to utilize the restroom with my daughter but since the lavatory was so small it was impossible to bring my 3 year old son with me. I asked if he could keep an eye on him just to ensure he stayed seated. I was told very tersely that this was not his job and he couldn't possibly do such a thing. I tried contacting United and got the following response "The flight attendants are not required to assist with these type of activities, it is strictly up to the flight attendants." If you offer no assistance for people traveling alone with multiple children, perhaps you should make your customers aware of your flight attendants utter uselessness before they board a plane assuming they will be treated as valued customers.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

SFO-LAX and LAX-LHR - in the recent past this airline has made my no-fly list for being unreliable to the point of fitting the description of "not fit for purpose" so I was reluctant to use them on this routing but had no choice as it was part of a Star Alliance mileage redemption. In fact both flights were easy to check in with no surprises, boarded in an orderly way, pushed early, the crew were friendly, the meal on the 777 from LA to London was tasty, the entertainment options on the 777 were diverse and well chosen (and no tedious pre-roll ads before the movies), and my bags were on the carousel promptly. Couldn't ask for more, so they're off my no-fly list and fingers crossed for a few more flights like this. All we need now is to get rid of the ghastly 90s photoshop globe with the wonky perspective and bring back the Saul Bass tulip.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Oswald Elphick    (Australia)

First time when we used united airlines, international connecting flight in San Francisco, we notice their system are very disorganised in their terminal, no one to help and most staff are not helpful. On another experience coming back from LAX going back to Sydney the staff at check were the same - all unhelpful. All they did was stand and talk among themselves.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by L Carpenter    (USA)

United Airlines was a disaster to travel through and not worth the amount of stress they cause all of their passengers. I was on a 7 hour flight, and they had all movies and shows on repeat. The staff were very unhelpful. My flight ended up getting cancelled and I got re-routed to a much longer flight pattern. There were others I could have taken, but United were SO unhelpful that I didn't find out until after the flight. The people there have no idea what they're doing. I was a day late for an important meeting. I received nothing in return for the inconvenience.

United Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by H Castle    (USA)

SAN-IAH-AMS, LHR-LAX-SAN in economy plus. Planes were clean, service was professional and pleasant, food decent, IFE was very good, and my baggage arrived with me. One flight segment, IAH-AMS, was 40 minutes late departing but arrived on time thanks to strong tailwinds. No complaints.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Larsen Troy    (USA)

We were on the last leg of our trip at Denver Airport when out flight had been delayed 5 times. After the fifth time they changed out gate assignment and again the flight was delayed twice. After waiting until almost all other flights from the airport were gone for the night our flight was canceled. We were sent to customer service where things were even worse. Told we would have to stay in Denver until late the next day or even until 2 days from then. I was able to find flights the next day on many other airlines but they would not allow. We then decided to driver home from Denver, Co to Madison WI (15 hours) with two young kids. The customer service lady gave us some vouchers for the food stores in the airport but the stores would not accept these vouchers. I will pay great amounts of money and drive hours to other airports to never use this airline again.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Dennis    (USA)

United overbooked my flight. They asked me to take a later flight to Hawaii, when I refused they changed my flight anyway which gave me a five hour wait at the SF airport. They offered nothing for this inconvenience and acted as if they were doing me a favor. This was my first and last trip on United.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Camirand Felix    (Canada)

Very disappointed with my experience with United on Feb 2014. Had a first flight that was oversold, we couldn't get on the plane. Had to be re-routed and got 3 flights instead of 2 originally, scheduled to arrive at 9 pm instead of 4.30 pm to destination. We found out prior to our last flight that we had not been properly booked into the flight, had to be changed to another flight again, after an hour of waiting at the understaffed customer service desk. At destination, now trying to confirm our seats for the return flight. It's been cancelled! We've tried to call customer service, after a 20 minutes wait, we're told that we need to be transferred to international flight dept. Another 20 minute wait. Another transfer. We ended up waiting 2hours. Very poor service.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by C Landrehth    (USA)

I recently flew First Class on United # 15 from Newark to Honolulu. This is a 10+ hour non stop flight. The plane leaves at 9:20 am in the morning. The 767-400 was recently updated with the new sleeper seats. The plane was clean and very comfortable. The entertainment system was excellent. The crew were efficient and nice. The really surprising disappointment was the food. A breakfast was served shortly after take-off, but after that, there was nothing except some doughy concoction that was served an hour before landing. The paucity of food and food service was stunning. Most other airlines serve Mai Tais on flights to Hawaii, but not on United. I might as well have been on a flight to Cleveland. My advice to people traveling on United is to bring your own food, even in First Class!

United Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by R Jones    (USA)

Flew SFO to PEK on 29th March in First and we had an exceptional crew. I'm not normally one to post positive reviews about United, but they deserve this one. We found all flight attendants to be friendly, eager to assist, and they tried their best to meet all requests. The food was tasty, and served at the appropriate temperature. It's still not exactly an elegant service, but it's good.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by M Schultz    (USA)

I was a loyal and frequent Continental flyer for a number of years. All airlines have problems and cause the passengers problems. Continental was not an exception. However, I was generally pleased with the aircraft (the newest of fleets) and with service. I recall having been delayed at AUS on a trip to LHR via IAH with my wife. We arrived at IAH with only 3 minutes to spare. We were met with a cart, and our passports were checked and tickets issued as we sped along. All that ended with the UAL merger. I got caught in FRA with the merger mess on "the" day, and since then it has been a series of canceled and long delayed flights with missed connections and very old and ragged aircraft. Most recently I tried to fly AUS to LAX on a CRJ in First. The attendant grabbed my suit coat and started stuffing it in an overhead bin. I objected as I was to go straight into a meeting. Seems the closet had been removed for an additional rows of seats. We were delayed for de-icing, then for a malfunctioning APU. Finally, at the 2+ hour point, we returned to the gate, and I deplaned, making an AA flight in time. I suspect this is my last UAL attempt. Too unreliable.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Michael Jambrek    (USA)

Second time in 25 days connection return flight layover +3 hours plus delayed takeoff by 3 hours out of O'Hare. This time there wasn't even any weather issues. Also both trips had cancellations and overbooking. Why bother paying for poor service when I can actually drive home faster.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by S Burgquist    (USA)

I just returned from a flight from Chicago (ORD) to Tampa (TPA) for spring break. I made a reservation that was non-stop both to Florida and returning home. I'm handicapped and was traveling with my 7 yr. old grandson. The flight to Florida was fine, leaving and arriving on time. The flight home was a different story, my flight home was cancelled during the night and I was booked on a flight that left 40 min. earlier with a layover in NJ. for 2 hr. then another plane which we had to sit on for 30 min and leaving late. I called and explained why I needed a non stop flight, I was told the only non stop plane wasn't leaving until 3 days later. This meant instead of a less the 3 hr flight it was a 7.5 hrs. I was unable to get any help from management, customer service.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by R Fowler    (UK)

I flew from Heathrow to Charleston (SC) via Washington Dulles, for vacation in late March. I flew UA123, which was a B757-200. This was an old plane but it had great AVOD and leg space and the staff were friendly. The flight was also early and very empty which is always a plus. The connections were typical subsidiary small airline service; nothing special, nothing bad and on time. On my return from Washington our B777-2000 was delayed due to a fuel problem, however the entertainment system was left on so we could finish our film. After a 45min delay, the plane left and made up the time coming back across the Atlantic. This plane was half-empty and had been recently refurbished with a great AVOD system and spacious seating. Cabin crew were very helpful. I would definitely recommend United on the Heathrow - Washington route.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Shirley-Grant Roma    (USA)

London Heathrow to Newark to connect to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My trip to Newark was uneventful. It was after landing in Newark that everything went wrong. Starting with the long immigration lines that wound around and around. My connection was scheduled to depart at 1.17pm and I was still at immigration at 1.10 even after enquiring about help from a United representative who was standing talking to a fellow colleague. She told me to join the line and when I ask what happened if I missed my connection she just tersely answered they will rebook you and walked away. At baggage claim there was no sign of my bag, I was told to catch the flight and look for my bag in Fort Lauderdale. I finally got seated without a welcome or assistance from the two attendants standing at the door. We sat on the tarmac for over 2 hours. In the meantime however, the empty seats started filling up little by little and I began to wonder if they were not just awaiting a fill to capacity flight. Not offered anything to eat. They gave us tea, coffee or water and that was it. Needless to say that when I go to Fort Lauderdale my checked baggage was not there and was told it had been left in Newark and would be arriving on the 11pm flight. As I am writing this my baggage has still not been delivered.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Liam O'Brien    (Singapore)

Narita, Tokyo to Singapore Changi on March 28th. IFE did not work (and even if it did I would be stuck with, according to what was in in-flight mag, an old and poor quality selection), food awful and had to pay for wine on a transcontinental flight (a first for me). Whole flight experience a bit of a revelation for me as I am used to flying Asian and European carriers. It was a bit like flying a short-hop domestic flight in UK - nothing much really to keep you happy while you are stuck in your seat. Maybe UA treat international flights like their domestic US ones. Even the announcements were the worst I have come across. Purser who did not seem to be able to speak English and a captain who had obviously not been sent on any course about speaking to the public (lacklustre, disjointed and very rare). Won't be booking anything with UA again.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Luisa Marques    (USA)

Feb 2 from Newark to Punta Cana, flight UA 1520, returned Feb 9, flight UA 1518. Traveled from Newark on March 21, flight UA 423 to Fort Myers. Returned on March 24, flight 1587. What a disappointment! It started at check-in at Newark airport, they expect you to do everything and if you ask for help, they make it seem they are doing you a huge favor. The seats are super tight, have to pay for luggage, food, TV, I'm surprised they don't charge to let you use the bathrooms! They make you feel like you are getting on a bus.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

LAX-SFO-SEA-LAX in United First. Outbound legs to Seattle were great. Service was warm and personalized, even if only snack basket and drinks were offered on these short runs. Where United really shined was on the return flight. Original SEA-LAX flight was canceled due to mechanical on inbound aircraft. I received a text message with this update and before I could even get to the agent, UA had me rebooked on another carrier getting in just 30 minutes after my original UA routing. When I got up to the agent, she had my ticket ready and waiting for me. I fly United almost every week and seldom have cancellations or major delays. Regardless, the way they handled this one was flawless and I couldn't have asked for better service all-around.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by B Parker    (New Zealand)

4 Sectors with United, YVR-ORD, ORD-BOS, BOS IAH, IAH-YVR. Very poor customer service, on the ground and in the air. Greeted at the aircraft door by the usual icy scowl. A "good morning" from me totally ignored on all sectors. Officious cabin crew. A request for two drinks met by a terse response of, "We do more than one drink service, this is United!" Hugely oversized carry on bags allowed in the cabin. As a result the last few passengers to board are separated from their carry-ons and ordered to relinquish them, even if they are of legal size. Purchased a roast beef sandwich on the 4.5 hour BOS-IAH leg, it was tiny, soggy, and disgusting. On the 5 hour IAH-YVR sector, departing at 2100, no hot items for purchase, just snack boxes with cheese and crackers. I don't believe that United is any different to any other US airline these days. I can tolerate the ancillary charges, the cramped seating, the lack of food, I understand that's what most of the budget conscience travelers demand these days. But simple manners, courtesy, and mutual respect cost nothing to provide, and sadly they seem to be the most difficult qualities to find in any US airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by T Jayson    (USA)

If there is any alternative to flying United, take it. The staff do their best, but everything about the interface is far from traveler-friendly. First of all, the food - and this is in first class - can only be somebody's idea of comedy. Murky, chalky flavors and strange un-natural textures characterized every dish I was given. Also, on one recent Newark - Los Angeles flight there was were no screens in the plane - no movies, no TV. No wireless available and no plugs.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Lindsay Dolan    (USA)

Denver to Midland scheduled departure time was supposed to be 2.15pm. The flight was delayed 3 times and all while the plane was sitting at the boarding gate. The airline employee spike very broken English. Said that anyone traveling with children needed to be checked due to weight restrictions. She then said that 6 people needed to give up their seats for luggage of other travelers or she would not let the last people that checked in on the flight. No one volunteered so she picked 6 people, 2 of which were military personnel. Once on the plane, people were told to move seats to even out weight since. We will never fly with this airline again.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Ron Staszak    (USA)

The worst experience I have encountered when flying. Total disregard to their customers and employees. The poor people at the gate were just beat up to no end and it was not their fault. Flew out of Aspen, Colorado which only has 6 gates and 2-3 planes to manage and they could not even accomplish this simple management. United changed my flight without even giving me the courtesy of an e-mail or phone call to check to see if this arrangement was ok. It wasn't even a change in a flight on the same day, but they changed the day I was flying out, changed from one layover to two layovers, changed the total flight time and did not even offer an apology for this inconvenience. In the future the only way I will ever fly United again is if there was no other airline going to this location. A horrible experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Anshul Sharma    (USA)

I am on a flight to LAX from SFO, already delayed by 45 mins waiting for flight crew to arrive. This had already given me a pretty good idea of customer service the flight's staff has to offer, but that got solidified when I asked for 2 cups of water from one flight attendant and she told me - 'why don't you finish one first?'. She eventually got me another cup.

United Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by A Miller    (USA)

First international flight from MCO to HKG was great. Very smooth. Crew very helpful. Being on a 15+ hr flight, hydration is important. All I had to do was take my water bottle to the back and the crew happily refilled it for me multiple times. They even came around with trays of cups with water every so often. Second flight back (HKG to MCO) was a disaster. First flight from HKG to Newark was delayed 2 hours. Not a big deal, we still had time to make our connecting flight. However, the plane was further delayed by another 1.5 hrs after we were already on it. The crew were extremely rude. After 6 hours of no water, my husband asked if we could refill my water bottle, same as the first flight, but this time they looked at him like he was crazy and said they were about to bring the drink cart around so to just wait for that. By the time we finally touched down in Newark, we missed our connecting flight, so had to be put on one 4 hours later. Again, that flight from Newark to MCO was delayed. Instead of leaving at 9pm as scheduled, we took off from the runway at 11pm, after waiting 2 hours on the plane. One of the bathrooms was not functioning properly. They made an announcement that they weren't going to fix the bathroom, but had to fill out paperwork anyway so we'd be off the ground as soon as paperwork was finished. Next thing we know, a guy is coming down the aisle, and starts fixing the bathroom. Then we had to wait for him to fix it before we took off. In the meantime, they let 5 more people on the flight, so they had to play the safety video a second time before we could take off. Thankfully, we had no problem getting our luggage. The movie selection available was also decent. Food was okay for the first two meals and the third was disgusting.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by J Ryu    (Canada)

UA 861 from Washington to Rio de Janeiro scheduled to depart at 9.30pm. The flight was delayed first and then after making me wait for 5 hours, the flight was finally cancelled due to mechanical problems at 3am. I got re- booked on the flight for the next day at the same time, was given a night at hotel and $14 voucher for the meal for the whole day. The next day, I found out that my connection to Sao Paulo to Rio no longer existed, so was booked on a later flight with a regional airline. Basically what should've taken me 14 hours, took me 48 hours. Furthermore, my luggage arrived 2 days afterwards, after several phone calls and different answers from United agents. The food served on the plane was inedible. Worst air travel experience. The seat was so crammed for a 9+ hour flight, I had to buy premium economy on my way back so that my knees won't hurt.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by N Khan    (USA)

Absolutely the worst flight. Both trips were delayed for aircraft mechanical issues. 3 hrs on the way there, 4 hrs on the way back. I've never really liked United but we still fly because we were avid Continental flyers for years. I will make it a personal goal to avoid United as an airline for any future flights I have. The price was ridiculous and the service and crew were mediocre at best. I thought United had newer aircraft fleet. Then why are two flights delayed because of mechanical issues? I would never recommend flying United.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Karen DeShong    (USA)

Milwaukee to Los Angeles, March 16 2014, returned March 19 2014. Flight 5165. Flight 1273 missed this flight due to the above one being late, next flight UA729. Return flight 1498 delayed and missed connecting flight 5438 rebooked to flight UA5425. Late flights and rude service. My flight leaving was late and missed connecting flight. On the return home my flight leaving and connecting flights were late. Flight attendant stands in aisle talking while we try to get off plane to make connecting flights. Captain had asked everyone to be seated unless you have a connecting flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Bennett    (Ireland)

I booked a return trip to Las Vegas via Dublin. On the return trip the seat in front of me was an emergency exit. The seat itself appeared to be broken, when the passenger in this seat put the seat in the rest position, the seat reclined back so far that the space left to me was extremely confined. When I asked the cabin crew if I was obliged to have this person sitting "on top" of me she stated he was allowed to put his seat back. As a result I sat for 6 hours approx with no reasonable space in front of me. I got no food as there was no room to let down my food tray.

United Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2014 by T Daniels    (USA)

Both coming from and going to our destination the check in staff were very rude and difficult to work with. We've always been around 50 pounds for our checked bags, sometimes a little over, sometimes less and most airlines don't care as long as you're close enough. Not United - it's 50 lbs exactly or they won't take your bags. Their check in staff are normally pretty unhappy and rude. What makes it even more ridiculous is most people just shift the weight to their carry-ons - meaning the airplane is still carrying the exact same amount of weight.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by J Marcos    (USA)

I recently flew from SFO to Cancun and back. First off, I had to pay for poor entertainment offered inflight when other airlines offer better entertainment for free. I mean, I paid for movies that I can't even pause when I use the restroom (ridiculous). Secondly, no food was served for this long flight. Even some chips or light snacks would have helped. Thirdly, the seats were meh, I have had better seats. It is a forgettable experience except for the bad parts like the entertainment system. If given the chance, I will not fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Hunsa Punnapayak    (Thailand)

UA838, BKK-NRT, Biz class. Flight was packed. Wonder why UA would discontinue BKK with the planed loaded with passengers. Laid flat seat. Sat on the upper deck near the cockpit. UA Biz were pretty crowded. Food was mediocre. Breakfast choices were Thai noodle or omelette. Grilled sandwich prior to landing was delicious.

UA79, EWR-NRT, Biz-First. This is a long haul flight about 14 hours on a Boeing Dreamliner with staggered seats. Would have been nice for privacy but unfortunately seated next to a guy who had cold and sneezed around most of the time. Mid flight snack placed in the galley was minimum. When I went there most were gone. Toilet was poorly stocked with only 1 liquid soap bottle. Flight crews were nice. Amenity kit came in a lousy tin can but it is said to be a collectible one.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by J Willis    (UK)

UA29, 14/03/14. Friday evening departure from Newark and the airport was busy, however the check in and bag drop facility was well organised so wasn't queuing long. Onboard the flight the 777 was full so it did feel quite claustrophobic, the seats were not very comfortable but the legroom was ample. The flight only took 6 hours 15 minutes but the cabin crew were friendly and worked really hard and managed the meal service and two drinks runs before turning the lights off. Breakfast was served an hour and half before landing and consisted of a warm croissant and a small fruit salad. The flight landed ahead of schedule in to Heathrow and I was again fairly impressed with United.

UA 468, SFO-PHX, First Class. UA 1265, PHX-EWR, First class. Typical domestic UA first which is nothing more than a bigger seat and free food. Ordered SW Chicken salad but got tasty beef with noodle instead. First class fare is not reasonable. If purchased separately way too expensive for what you get.

UA838, NRT-SFO, Biz class. This is a long haul flight with amenity bag. Japanese food selection was Okay. Mid flight snack was placed quietly in a galley. Good thing was the arrival lounge at the SFO to freshen up and shower after landing. This lounge closed at noon and quite difficult to locate. It is on a lower level on the way to terminal 3, if you walk from the international terminal. Info desk did not know about the UA arrival lounge.

UA 837, NRT-BKK, Biz. Sat on the upper deck to avoid the large Biz crowd. Flight was so packed. Hope UA consider to continue its operation to BKK again in the near future. Food was mediocre with beef steak. Japanese crews were polite and nice.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Schaefer Betsy    (Canada)

March 12th 2014, flight UA200 was okay but we landed in Houston an hour late and were told our connecting flight UA5189 was cancelled. We were at Terminal B and at this point the service provided by United Airline Airport staff was very poor. Instead of providing us with a direct flight to Toronto we were put on 2 connecting flights, these were delayed repeatedly until they were cancelled. We finally asked after waiting for 2 hours if there were any other flights to get home. We were put on an Air Canada flight to Toronto leaving at 2pm but told to go to terminal D to secure our seats and boarding passes but then were told to go to another Terminal and eventually found out this flight was leaving on March 13th a day later, not 2pm on March 12th. Finally we went to counter 1 where a staff member helped fly us back to Toronto. We unfortunately had a 2nd overnight flight and although we left Honolulu on March 11th at 7pm we only landed into Toronto 6.45am, Thur March 14th. The only saving grace was Air Canada offered free movies. We flew UA1715 and UA219, March 4 2014. Very long uncomfortable flight-no entertainment unless you paid. Very poor experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by J Willis    (UK)

UA28, 9/3/14. Noticed online that aircraft had been changed from 777 to a 767-400, which wasn't an issue as the 400s have AVOD entertainment similar to 777 and are far superior in comfort than the older 767-300. The service on this flight was good after the food service there was plenty of drinks runs and the cabin crew were happy to oblige when you went to galley for more. I only purchased one alcoholic drink on this flight as united charge $7 for a beer which in my view is a bit steep for a long haul flight but typical of an American carrier. Having flown with united before I knew what to expect and I wasn't disappointed and most importantly I got from a to b at a reasonable price.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by A Rosen    (USA)

March 8th 2014, myself and 6 family members and friends were scheduled to fly at 3.15pm from Punta Cana to Newark. Of course the usual 45 minute delay in boarding was to be expected, but by the time we got onto the tarmac and boarded the plane there was additional 2 hour delay. Finally by 9pm, 6 hours after we were supposed to depart, we were told the flight was canceled and would be rebooked the following day on flight 1762 at 2.20pm. Back through customs, back to pickup up our luggage and then most of the passengers went onto a bus to a hotel, to be returned the next day where the process was started again. 2 more hours to repeat check-in of luggage, security, and immigration. To add insult to injury, United canceled another scheduled flight on Sunday and stranded 200 other customers so we could fly out. Boarding in the 90-degree heat, they revealed to us that there were new mechanical problems with the replacement plane. They delivered us back to the terminal where we sat like cattle again, without any information at all. This was by far the worst travel experience I have had in 40 years of traveling. United airlines gave only an empty apology by text message on our arrival in Newark referring us to a website to claim a minor token gift which could never compensate us for disastrously poor customer service. The 2 lost luggage bags that arrived 24 hours after we arrived in Punta Cana the week before seemed almost trivial in comparison. What a shame!

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

YQB-ORD on 13 March. One reason for such low rankings is that I never actually ended up on a UA plane. Scheduled to fly out on the non-stop from Quebec City to O'Hare at 8am. The day before UA emails me that the flight is cancelled and they put me on a flight at 11.50am via EWR. Nope - not on United. Online showed the plane from EWR on-time into YQB, but it never landed. Around 11.30 am the departure board shows a 3 hour delay for departure. There is not a single UA rep at the gate - and no one ever shows up to tell people what is going on. The pilots and flight attendant who are to work the trip to EWR didn't have any idea and were embarrassed that one heard it was a mechanical problem while the other heard it was weather. Every other airline into YQB was operating on-time or with 10-15 min delays due to snow in Quebec - all but United. I spent over an hour on the phone with my corporate travel trying to get on another flight - the first United agent wouldn't help my travel agent so she called back and got someone else willing to help. I ended up on Air Canada to YUL and then to ORD. Air Canada was fantastic! United - what is wrong with you? I never say never but unless it is mandated I fly on UA I won't do it. I was Platinum with them last year and Gold this year but I'll stick with American or Air Canada.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by S Lewis    (USA)

UA5713, New York City, NY - New York-LaGuardia (LGA) to Washington, DC - Washington-Dulles (IAD) on 3/13/14. The new round of checks on size of carry on is being handled in a way that has convinced me that I should never fly United again. While my bag was not over the size, the agents take joy in making you size it, and have the "got you" attitude. I am convinced the lack of space in carry on bins will no longer be a problem because any business traveler or preferred customer will have enough sense to fly with another airline. It is amazing how far United will go to alienate it's good customers.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Michael Fenn    (UK)

Birmingham (BHX) to West Palm Beach (PBI) via Newark (EWR) Business Class. Outbound 25 Feb Inbound 10/11 Mar. Reading some of the reviews about United it would seem to be an airline to avoid, however as it flies from my local airport I am more than happy to fly with them. The flights listed above all departed on time or within 10 minutes of schedule, all arrived early allowing for hassle free connections. The service by both check in staff and onboard staff was perfect, a lot of passenger complaints for this airline relate to staff attitudes, well the attitude question works both ways, some passengers are downright rude to check in and cabin crew. I have one or two gripes about the flights, I am amazed at what is allowed on board as hand luggage are these people so important that saving a few minutes by missing baggage reclaim is of paramount importance to them. The entertainment system was not fully functional on the international legs. All in all the whole experience was a pleasant one, I would recommend this airline for people in the West Midlands flying to the US, albeit travelling in Business makes a difference but the premium economy and economy cabin looked to be ok as well.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Kunkel    (USA)

On return flight to Denver, plane waits for 15 minutes at DIA, as ground crew is on break and between shifts even though docking space is open and available for our plane. The one checked bag I had, on a direct flight from Calgary, did not make the plane, even though I arrived for check in at Calgary, in plenty of time. As this was a small United plane, it was oversold. With so many carry ons checked in below, I and multiple other passengers had their luggage shifted to another plane. After waiting at the baggage carousel for 30 plus minutes, all 3 lost baggage claim stations at DIA were unattended on a Sunday afternoon for over 30 minutes. When staff finally sashayed out, the baggage reps stood for several minutes behind their computers, talking to no one. The last 6 United flights in the past year, that I and my family have taken, have all resulted in some form of delays, lost luggage, or rude staff. I did not receive my luggage until 50 hours after my flight landed.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Metts    (USA)

Flew SLC to ORD then ORD to DCA, both flights were great. The crew on both were very friendly and professional. We arrived early on both flights. I was in economy plus so plenty of leg room. Direct tv was available on ORD to DCA leg. I have flown a few of the discount airlines lately and was reminded how nice it is to fly United. Great trip!

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by R de Haan    (Canada)

Travelled to Mexico with a family of 5. United changed our flight to Mexico at the last minute causing our arrival to be over an hour later almost negating our travel to our resort. The morning of our return I received email confirmation indicating that our connecting flight from Newark to Syracuse was cancelled. During several hours of trying to reach them and receive a new flight to get home we were finally told that we would have to stay in Newark until the next available flight. Our flight from Cancun to Newark we wanted the inflight entertainment and wanted to pay for 3 screens. Between the armrest functions not working or the unit not recognizing cards we were only able to get one screen to work. My seat was actually broken and kept reclining back on its own. When we arrived in Newark on Wed March 12 2014 we were advised that we would be able to come to that airport to standby over the next few days in order to get one or two out at a time. We are a family of 5 with two daughters. We then were told that we could fly out on the 17th of March 5 nights later at our own expense. The cancellation 13 hours before was apparently for weather but when we landed the weather was a little bit of rain. We ended up renting a vehicle one way to Syracuse from National and a 4 hour drive later we were in Syracuse. I have flown United before without issue and were extremely disappointed with the airline on this trip. I will not be flying United next vacation that is for sure.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Harig    (USA)

Flew VIE-FRA-IAD on 5 Jan 14, all economy. First leg was on LH1237 on a A321, second leg UA933 on a B777. Was prepared for a steerage experience on UA but felt the economy seat was surprisingly comfortable and the dinner ok as well. However there was a charge for wine/beer on this international flight of 9 hrs. I contrast this with the LH flight from VIE: complimentary sandwich and complementary wine/beer on a 90 min. flight! Try getting that on a US domestic flight!

United Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Joe Mosman    (USA)

I flew to Nashville via a connection in Houston. The first flight, a 60 seater, was overbooked by 7! The gate agent was totally overwhelmed. When I said I might "volunteer" to give up my seat she asked what the code for Nashville is. Agent came on and off the plane a dozen times before we finally left, 15 minutes late. Return flight from Nashville to Houston was cancelled and the robot computer rebooked my for 5.40am the next morning. All flights on original travel date were overbooked. Got to Nashville Airport and half of UA's Expressjet flights were cancelled or delayed. Every gate had the wrong flight posted and they reshuffled right before departure. Aircraft taxied for 15 minutes, then sat on the runway for 20 minutes. Not one word from the cockpit. Upon arrival in Houston, we sat for 10 minutes until someone showed up to pull up the boarding bridge.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Michele Laplante    (Canada)

We had a connecting flight from Chicago to Montreal at 7.30pm and boarding time was at 7.00pm. Got to the airport 2 hours before our flight and decided to get a bite to eat in the terminal but first we checked the screens and our flight was on time. Left the restaurant 30 mins before boarding, when we go to the flight screens we had seen that it said cancelled we did not understand why? Told that the crew had not shown up and that there were no other flights available meaning we were stuck in Chicago until the next morning. 5am wake up to catch the new flight they had scheduled us on. Got to the agent at our gate and saw the agents panicking, told it would take 30 minutes to get the problem sorted. To top it off, my father booked a first class seat, the plane did not have a first class so he asked for an exit row seat, however they wanted to charge him almost 40$ when he had already had a first class seat to begin with.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by S Felton    (USA)

Booked a flight in December 2013 for a trip to Palm Springs in March 2014 - at that time had seat assignment - little did I know that booking in advance does not guarantee you a seat on the flight - they over booked the flight and I was bumped off my 7 am flight and spent 15 hours in San Fran airport compliments of United Airlines. Waited all day to get on a standby flight (7 that went through that day all over booked) - would have been bumped from the 11 pm flight, they rescheduled me on (after bumping me in the am) had I not checked to make sure I was "guaranteed" on the flight. Make sure that when you check in your ticket has a seat assignment - if it says "see agent" make sure you go early and hopefully get it taken care off - What a terrible disregard for peoples time from United. Feel bad for the ticket agents who I watched all day get yelled at by others who were bumped unwillingly!

United Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by R Ravindra    (USA)

Possibly the worst airline to fly internationally. Such a shame compared to other European and Asian airlines. Traveled on the ORD-MUN. Flight was delayed due to leakage in cargo. Apparently they found it after every one boarded the plane. Planes are ageing. Entertainment system kept rebooting automatically. Each reboot taking 5 minutes. Service was pathetic. FA's never tried to help. Beverage rounds were few and in between. Overall has been a very bad experience whenever I have flown United. Avoid it like plague.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Brian Reilly    (USA)

I am forced to fly by United Airlines from were I live, because they are the only airline at my local airport. I haven't flown them on an international flight since the late 90's. It was a bad experience then, my latest trip was even worse. If you're looking for bad seats, bad meals, people who hate their jobs, then this is your airline. They charged me an extra fee of $100 (USD) for my extra check in bag. I had to pay high prices for any drinks with alcohol on an International flight. They flew us home (9 hour transpacific flight from Tokyo) with a fixed cabin TV screen. No power outlet for electronics and flight attendants that made you afraid to ask for a drink of water.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Divyanshu Soni    (USA)

I had the worst experience with this airline. I frequently fly between Hartford and Columbus. All flights out of Columbus and Hartford have a very poor on-time percentage around 40%. My return flight had been boarded with a broken air plane which led to everyone de-boarding and boarding a second plane. In return many people on the plane missed their connecting flights from the delay and had to be rebooked and stay at a hotel overnight including myself. My morning flight the next day had a delay that cost be a full business day at work. This is just one of many times I have had trouble with this airline, I will not be flying again.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Scott Houff    (USA)

Returning to Michigan from Waikiki we got to Chicago where we found out that the plane to Detroit was cancelled. When we went to the service desk they acted like they did not care, told that we could be put on stand by until the next open flight in 3 days had a seat. Their customer service was rude and uncaring. Luckily our travel agent called American Airlines and got us a flight in one hour.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by D Skees    (Australia)

Flew United SYD-SFO in Economy Plus. Paid $200 for exit row seat, so unlimited legroom. Staff business like but not rude. Soft drinks offered soon after takeoff. Dinner was basic but that was actually welcome - steamed chicken, 4 slightly shrivelled chips, veg, tiny Apple pie, drinks offered again. Water was offered twice during overnight and a midnight ham roll and Tim Tam for those awake. Breakfast was omelette and barely recognisable sausage. IFE was shared screens, but I used iPad. Overall, not as unpleasant as I had feared.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Eve Law    (USA)

Flight from Midland to Salt Lake City was great. Both planes were small but that was fine. The crew were great and the reason I purchased the tickets was because it was the fastest flight. The layover was short and it was easy to find my next gate. We left and arrived on time. On my way back however, totally different! I had a 6.20 flight and arrived at the airport at 4.30. The line for United Airlines was so long, it extended the length of the terminal and out of the door. I stood in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes! No information given and the line did not move very quickly at all. Finally at 6 am, a woman working for United started walking down the line asking if anyone was going on the 6.20 flight to IAH. Over 30 people left the line to stand in yet another line for an additional 10 minutes. No explanation was offered, no apologies given. We were rushed through first class passenger line of security and I boarded the plane at 6:15 am. The plane was half full because everyone was still waiting in line. Our flight left at 6.45 because we had to wait on all the other passengers. The pilot did his best to make up time in the air and I made in time to make my connecting flight. I still have no idea what happened in SLC, it seemed to me like a lot of laziness and poor customer service.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Gibson Ken    (UK)

Flew Dublin - Newark - Washington Dulles on 6th March on a B757 and then a D8. The cross Atlantic flight was fine, on time, reasonable seat, good choice of movies etc. but the food was very poor - potatoes hard as was the bread, no choice - it was meat or meat. On the hop from Newark to Dulles I was surprised how noisy it was though I was close to the engines. United seem to call people forward now by group number as printed on there boarding pass as opposed to seat number blocks. Not sure it helps and fail to see the logic of filling from the front back - getting the people at the back in first means less blocked aisles.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by I Ishak    (USA)

It has taken me in excess of an hour to resolve what should be a simple matter on the phone with their customer service, flights are always late (which I understand is not always the airline's fault but most of my late flights result from insufficient crew, which they can do something about). The coach cabin is a mess and even first class, which I usually take, is sub par. Last time I flew first class they gave me a hard time when I asked for milk for my toddler children! Not to mention that they ran out of food. I already had low expectations for them but I did not expect to bring my own food to first class. Avoid at all costs.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by G Nishihira    (USA)

NRT-BKK. Uneventful trip on a route about to be abandoned by United. Surprising considering the 747 was packed to the brim. Boarding was chaotic and those of us in business class had no idea where to line up to board. Nice hard product, but uninspiring service and meal. Overworked flight attendant working business class in the dome got the job done though. Pilot had Channel 9 (air traffic control) activated which is one of the nice features that only United can claim. The RCC lounge at NRT has much to be desired - hands down had the worst cappuccino in my life there.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by L Res    (USA)

Flew from Newark to Denver where United decided without any form of communication to hold 2 of our bags to arrive with the next flight to Denver 3 hours later. After arriving in Denver we waited at the baggage carousel for nearly an hour until we were fully convinced 2 of our bags did not make the flight. Throughout the night we tried calling different customer service numbers of United and could not get a straightforward answer. 20 hours later our bags reached us. On our flight back from Denver to Newark the entire flight was boarded, seat belts fastened, welcomed by the pilot, until another announcement from the pilot came on and I quote "there is a small problem. Should be a quick fix that will take best case 30 minutes". 10 minutes later we are told to deboard the plane because this "quick fix problem" has caused the plane to be completely out of service. As we all deboard, our entire flight is told to go to one customer service desk with 4 representatives. Nearly an hour later we finally get up to the representatives and all I hear is a potential flight to Houston, reboard the out-of-commission plane at 3.30 or wait until tomorrow. Save yourselves the trouble and aggravation and never fly United Airlines!

United Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Glenn Turnley    (Australia)

LAX-JFK and return. Never flew United previously so after reading many reviews had lowered my expectations. I thought it was pretty good. I paid extra for more legroom which was well worth the money. Cabin crew came through the cabin regularly offering water or juice on the JFK-LAX leg in particular. The seats are more comfortable than Qantas economy, and likewise the entertainment was a bit better also. My biggest complaint is the amount of luggage/baggage United allow passengers to drag onto the plane. If you are Group 5 (aisle seats) and the last to board, all the bins are full of people's stuff from seats away! Even a pre-boarding offer to check wheelie bags for free due to a full flight was met with disinterest. It really is one area needing tightening up.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by S Cooperman    (USA)

Traveling out of New Orleans Louis Armstrong airport for business around 2 pm on 3/5/14. Baggage check was totally disorganized. I was directed to a kiosk by one of the agents then waited 15 minutes after I had checked the bag electronically for someone to come and tag it. When an agent showed up to tag the bag they were clearly not in a hurry. Then my flight was delayed. Maybe there's no rush at check in because United flights are late so often.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by P Thomas    (Austria)

Washington to San Diego and San Francisco to Washington. Old planes, not enough overhead storage for the amount of cabin luggage they allow people to lug in. One stewardess had a shouting discussion about the oncoming superbowl from the front of the plane to row 39. No free food on a 5 hour flight, no drinks except water and fruit juices of doubtful quality. Online entertainment is a joke! Never again!

United Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by F Atkin    (Canada)

Flew UAL 218, first class from HNL-ORD then connected to UAL express ORD-YWG. Service better than expected. 777-200 had recliner seats with no flatbeds for an 8 hour flight. No inflight entertainment as WiFI was not working and the old school entertainment system had already been removed. In-Charge offered all passengers compensation through UA Website. Offer on the web site was $125 off the next UA Flight for US residents or 10% off next UA flight to be used within 1 year for international travellers. Dinner and breakfast were served. Quality of both meals were OK and reminded me of Y class meals from days gone by. Ice cream sundae cart made the rounds after dinner. First Class Attendants ensured beverages were topped up and one FA even made sure water glasses were topped up while passengers slept. Difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in recliner chairs. However, the ticket price was reasonable for the passenger space offered on the aircraft. For an 8 hour overnight flight, First class should offer flatbeds IMHO. UAL Express connector flight ORD-YWG ran 1 hour late due to off loading of baggage when connecting passengers failed to show. Almost an expected delay on any airline these days.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by G Boothman    (UK)

LHR-IAH-GUA. Prebooked upgrade 3 wks before travel. Check in easy with assistance from staff. Flight left on time and arrived on time in Houston. Flight attendants were friendly and the food was pretty average. You pay for your own alcohol which I don't have a problem with but theirs is expensive. Entertainment selection ok. Prem econ seats offer nothing more than extra legroom, about 4" but was worth it on long haul. Nothing to complain about there and using Houston for transit we were impressed with the speedy immigration channels which took much of the hassle out of using the States. IAH-GUA also on time and again a typical short flight with nothing special but nothing to complain about.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Naomi Riley    (USA)

I used to like flying United, but the last couple of trips have really make me think about other airlines. I had to fly to Honolulu in January to take care of my mom for 2 weeks. They canceled my departing flight. My flight from Houston was delayed 2 hours and there was no personal TV on the flight. Flying home it was the same. I had to return to Honolulu in Feb. The flight to and from had no personal TV. I am not a savy personal and do not have I- pads or any personal electronics (and there were many other people like me on the plane) so using Wi-Fi did us no good. Sitting on the plan for 8 hrs plus with no entertainment really did not go over well.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Robert Martin    (USA)

May 27 through June 10 2014. The customer service for this airline really needs to be greatly improved. I book my flights in advance so I can have what I want and schedule what I am doing when I get there. So to have my flights canceled and rebooked for a flight that doesn't even come close to when my connecting flight leaves the airport is a bit stupid. Now I have to have a longer flight just to get where I want to go by flying in the opposite direction of where I want to go. To top it all off, I wasn't even notified of the change. Now I have to change my plans so I can accommodate the airlines wishes. Next time I think I will book with another company that I have had no problems with.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by L Pulliam    (USA)

LAS-LAX-RNO. One way trip at the last moment due to family matters. Had enough miles in the bank to make this work. The schedule was perfect, albeit a change of planes in LAX, but only a short layover. Took off from Vegas a few minutes late. A short flight from LAS to LAX and the flight attendants passed by twice with beverage service. The plane was comfortable, the flight good and we were in LAX before I knew it. Connecting flight from LAX to RNO was fine. Another short jaunt and again the attendants made two beverage stops. I brought my own food on to the plane so I was good. I know problems can arise that are out of our control, but maybe I am one of the lucky one's. United has always done right by me. I know if I board a plane with a smile and say hello I will get that right back. I don't always expect the flight crew to be lavishing over me in economy by any means. A smile on either end goes a long ways. I have done many short and long hauls with United over the years and only once did I have an issue. United has treated me well and has my business.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Juan Wayne    (USA)

I've been a United 1K member for 2 years, 7 year Platinum member on Continental prior to the merger of the two airlines. I fly over 100k miles a year on business and used to enjoy flying however over the past 3 years United has been a nightmare to fly and do business with! Loyalty means nothing, customer service is non-existent and upgrades uncommon. Schedules are terrible with multiple connections, expensive tickets and they're flying more and more excruciatingly uncomfortable regional planes! Been flying a different airline starting this year since they offered elite status for flying a few thousand miles during a certain timeline, so far so good!

United Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Gisele St-Aubin    (Canada)

Hong Kong to Newark on March 1. Flight crew was tired and cranky with bad attitudes across the board. One in- flight announcement was literally a snide "buckle your seat belt, it's bumpy". Where other airlines turn a galley into a quasi-lounge area during such a long flight (15 hours), we were told there was to be no loitering around the galley or toilet areas. I will avoid this airline as much as possible in future. The only positives were the entertainment system and that the flight was on time.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by John Nusbaum    (USA)

My wife and a friend were flying to San Francisco last night and their flight was delayed from 8pm to 9.30pm. When they were finally on board they found that no meals of any kind were available on the 5 hour flight to the destination. My wife was only able to get two small glasses of water and a glass of tomato juice. If this is a sample of the way that United Airlines treats it's passengers these days we won't be booking any travel with them in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Ted Uchacz    (Canada)

United cancelled our flight to Florida about 16 hours prior to our trip. You would think that with 16 hours to work with they could find a way to get a plane to the city I live in. Our travel agent had to scramble to make alternate arrangements with another airline. Now we are going to have to spend over twelve hours travelling and stop at one more airport. I am very angry with United's lack of compassion with our dilemma and diligence at arranging alternate flights to get us to our destination. I will never book with United Airlines again!

United Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Barry Vogel    (USA)

EWR to AUA round trip business class. The flights were the flights from hell. The crew was unpleasant. The plane was very old and should have been retired long ago. The food, if you want to call it that, was awful to say the least. I'm easy going and I couldn't find anything positive to say. Save your money and never go UA business class.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by K Castle    (USA)

Traveled to Denver from Rochester, NY on United twice in the past month. Every plane had a mechanical problem resulting in having to re-book multiple flights because of missed connections. In January, I sat on the Tarmac for 3 hours in Rochester because someone had forgotten to drain the water out and it took that long to de-ice. On my return flight from Denver, I had to be re-booked 3 times due to mechanical issues and sat in the airport for 8 hours. The only reason I finally got out was because a connecting flight from Idaho landed too late and they refused to hold the plane. In my most recent flight out of Rochester in February, the altimeter was broken and we waited 6 hours for parts to be flown in from Atlanta. Oh, and - I had paid extra for aisle seats in Economy Plus and ended up in the middle seat in the back of the plane. Now I have to contact Customer Service as no one in the Service Center in the Denver Airport is authorized to do so. I am dreading the return flight home. I will be flying on other carriers from now on.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Alan Evans    (Canada)

Just arrived at my hotel after a horrendous 24-hour trip from Montreal to Honolulu. The missed connection and re- routing through LAX was bad enough but I guess winter weather is a reality. What is not acceptable is this new DirecTV-United deal for in-flight "entertainment". Now, in addition to having to pay extra for a poor sandwich wrap, they've got the gall to make you cough up extra to watch a movie. I object to paying for what is standard on other airlines. They take your money, $1000-2000 and then expect you to pay for a movie - or even a flight map. Of course, they'll say it's only $6-8 for DirecTV and provides access to many TV channels as well.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Richard Birnbaum    (USA)

EWR-ZRH onboard 767-400. Rolled away from gate right on time, landed in Zurich one hour early. 2-1-2 business class configuration great if traveling alone. Had center single seat which was comfortable and private. Classic movies on IFE was wonderful. Food was decent. Service was efficient but indifferent. Definitely no smiles.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by M Bergner    (USA)

My wife and 22 month old son are about to board a 14 hour flight. United is only offering one meal service over that 14 hour period, and they won't give any food to my son, because he's on his mothers lap and doesn't have his own individual ticket. Some milk, maybe some yoghurt, a ham sandwich costs them, what, maybe $2? It's apparent that that extra $2 is worth more than the comfort of their lowly economy customers. Flying isn't what it used to be.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by P Kim    (USA)

Terrible service unless you are some sort of elite status traveler. This airline wouldn't let me pick my seats during on-line check in. Assigned me and my 9 year old son Exit row seats because the flight was completely oversold. When I advised gate attendant that a 9 year old would be in the exit row, they stated that I "shouldn't have agreed to the terms and conditions of those seats". Told to leave my boarding passes and they would fix it. After 40 minutes, everyone else gets on plane, I go up to find out what's going on and I'm then given back my original boarding passes and told to get on the plane and they would fix it there. Onboard, told to see the 2nd attendant. The 2nd attendant tells me I can't sit in the exit row with a child. An attendant moved 2 people out of their seats into the exit row and then snidely says to me "See. that wasn't so bad, was it?". I've taken 4 United round trips in the last 5 years and pretty much determined that this kind of attitude is common.

United Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by D Finden    (USA)

LHR-ORD on 25 Feb. Flight departed on time and arrived 40 min early. 2 of 3 FA's good with prompt service. Third was trying, but seemed befuddled at multi-tasking, thus often a step or two behind. Nice touch that rather than leave the mid flight option at the galley, they did a more formalized service. Food on primary meal was so-so, for example my tilapia and shrimp had no tilapia. The per-arrival burrito was actually quite good. Seats were comfortable, though a bit narrow and limited space to neighbor.

United Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by H Lee    (USA)

EWR (NJ) direct to POS (Trinidad). The United Club was unfortunate and so was the outdated 737-800 (UA1505) that took us to our Christmas vacation. Save your money folks, and fly coach. This class of service is not worth the extra cost. I would say the worst part about flying United is the unenthusiastic and unhelpful service. No big surprise to anyone who flies United regularly. I also bought the Premier Accelerator and Reward Accelerator erroneously, thinking that I would maintain my Status Match level with this flight. The "fine print" here, is that the Accelerator is not permitted in achieving status if you're doing a Match, but their web site will continually advertise it to you, like it is. You will also be allowed to buy this product which I now have deep regret doing.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Anderson    (UK)

Our last series of flights (from the UK to the USA, and also within the USA) were quite simply the worst travel experience we have had in over 30 years of being regular international and national travellers. Staff in the business class lounge were unhelpful, badly informed and unfriendly. Flight was delayed and we were initially held sitting on board for several hours. Then had to de-board, and a few hours later the flight was cancelled. We had to exit through the baggage hall. Despite having a lot of baggage and having already been assured we could leave our checked baggage with United staff, one member of staff told us "we won't look after this, anybody can take it and it's not our responsibility and then decided to insist we take our bags out immediately. The hotel United put us in was dreadful. Put on a fight the following day. We used air miles to upgrade to business class: United's configuration of the new, extra-slim business class seats is awful. 2x4x2. Paying business class and being stuck in the middle with no dividers between two people you don't know? Hardly classy treatment! Seats are so thin that anyone with broad shoulders will be very uncomfortable. One of the internal flights in the USA was so cold that everyone sat shivering in their overcoats. At every airport in the USA staff were at best ungracious and unfriendly. Everything was too much trouble for them. United has also downgraded its Silver status so that now you only get one free bag, not two. It is very sad to see the appalling way that United Airlines' service has plummeted.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Sheikh Hassan    (Canada)

FLL to EWR to SFO. UA1024 for the EWR leg firstly the pilot taxied too close to the corner and got stuck in snow. Solved that with a pull out and then the fun started. Pilot came on and said we are rerouted and he doesn't have enough fuel but that he is protesting with the tower. Over an hour later we are at a gate being fuelled. The gate agent refused to assist me in finding another route home since 2 hours had passed and I was certain I'd missed my connection in SFO. No hotel because they said the delay was due to weather not incompetence. The new customer focus they speak of is a facade. Flight was Feb 21. SFO has comfortable chairs but not to sleep on.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Paris    (USA)

I'm currently sitting at the gate for my United flight at LAX. A gentleman came out of the gate off of a flight, obviously in a hurry and quickly asked where the connecting flight for Newark was. The staff here looked at him like it was the most inconvenient question in the world. They closed the doors for the tarmac before all passengers were inside which left them outside knocking on the door. Not one member of the staff let them in, so an airline customer opened the door which set off an alarm. Again the staff did nothing and let the alarm go off for minutes. Definitely not impressed, not to mention every time the gal came over the loud speaker she sounded like se had no clue what was going on. She kept getting flights confused and putting out wrong information. I will make sure I don't fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Lowie Starr    (USA)

2 flights Feb 14 and Feb 17, LAX-SFO, both last about 1 hour. Check in was a breeze though, the process within LAX domestic wing can be a bit testy. Full flight on both ways with only drinks service given on economy. No entertainment system just some random loop of Olympic commercial. Flight attendants are organized and accommodating. Storage was a bit tricky and always a pain since all pax are not checking luggage so it gets full, leg room is quite cramped even though I'm only 5'8''. Landing was good and was out the airport within 10 minutes. first leg was delayed 1 hour due to late turn around of the plane, pilots were very informative throughout. Flights used ancient 737 and 757 on this leg so it can get stuffy. It wasn't bad but wasn't spectacular either, just something that will get you from point a to b without much fuss.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Barnett    (USA)

0 for 3! United Airlines failed to depart all of my flights this week on time by greater than an hour. Two of which were in excess of 2 hours. This resulted in my decision to cancel my last leg (which I was going to miss anyway) with them and drive 5 hours in the middle of the night to get to my destination. I didn't want to take the risk of staying overnight and not getting home. Apparently they don't have any concern for their customers and their timelines. Probably won't fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by P Williams    (Canada)

PSP-Houston-Washington-Ottawa. Arrived 1 hour and 45 mins prior to departure. In PSP they had 3 flights (Denver, San Fran and Houston) all leaving within 30 mins. They had 3 attendants, each flight left without people who were left in line because of the counter delays. Staff were less than helpful. No organization, no communication. We got to the gate with 5 mins to spare. On the Houston - Washington segment, they arrived with time left on the inflight movie - so no one saw the ending. I will not use United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by N Hieu    (USA)

Really simple flight from Los Angeles, CA to Newark, NJ at 11.30pm, then a connecting flight from Newark, NJ to Boston, MA (1.5 hrs buffer). Total time should have been 6-7 hours. Problems started in Los Angeles when the gate person told us that there was a mechanical problem on the plane. Many people had connecting flights and so a long line formed. One person was at the desk creating new boarding passes. For some reason, it took him about 10,000 keystrokes to issue each pass. Two hours, he issued a total of two boarding passes. The line became exceedingly long, and then he called in a manager who whispered in his ear, then left. Another associate came in, talked to the associate at the counter and walked away. Flight arrives late and then I have to wait 7 hours for another flight to Boston. Total travel time ended up being over 17 hours. Horrible experience, inept customer service.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Juraj Kovac    (Czech Republic)

Flew FRA-EWR and IAD-FRA last week and I have to confess: flying United is like blind tasting every-flavor beans. Their website and mobile app are an atrocity, then again the flights were absolutely fine. The 15+ years old B777s with refurbished 3-3-3 cabins are way more spacious than many of the newer planes, though 31" seat pitch in coach feels borderline cramped. IFE screens are tiny, but the AVOD selection is downright impressive. Unlike previous trips, the staff were courteous, attentive and efficient. Even the meals were rather delicious, as far as airline food goes. There was plenty of drinks throughout the flight, frequent updates from the crew and we even cut down a 40min delay to an on-time arrival to FRA - altogether an enjoyable travel experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by D Glesby    (Canada)

YWG-ORD-FLL-ORD-YWG. Check seemed more complicated than other carriers, but did manage to figure it out. Left YWG on-time. Arrived into ORD more or less on time. Had 50 minutes to get to next gate which was miles away. Got to the gate with about 10 minutes to spare. 4/7 of my group members got seats. Three were put up in a hotel for the afternoon and the closest United could get them to FLL the same day was to fly to MEM. They arrived in MEM only having to drive 13 hours to get to FLL. They were fairly compensated, that was the only good part of the outbound trip. On the way back, check in was a breeze as it was deserted. Ended up getting to the gate with about 2 hours to spare. Plane was delayed about 25 minutes, aggravating but didn't lose any sleep over it. Got into ORD a couple minutes late. My connection to YWG was supposed to be 40 minutes but our plane which was coming in from SAV was 4.5 hours late leaving thus delaying us 4.5 hours. I was insulted as we only received a $7 voucher. The only shop that was open was a McDonald's which was in the American Airlines terminal which was miles away. Winnipeggers don't have much choice in air travel, but I will do my best to avoid United in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Harris    (Australia)

LAX-JFK, EWR-LAX. Pros: two helpful ground agents and warm, friendly lounge staff at LAX. Decent IFE and comfortable seat for the 5 hour flight. Cons: Too many to mention but mainly staff attitude about everything. Even the simplest task is completed with a sigh and a roll of the eyes. I've never experienced boarding a flight before while the crew talked amongst themselves and literally ignored passengers boarding - not even a request to show boarding passes. I've honestly never been tested with such consistent disdain by employees of a company to which I'm paying a considerable chunk of money. It got to the point where I just smiled to myself with amusement at their unprofessional and frankly useless and unhelpful manner. I only flew UA as a code share with AirNZ but can honestly say I will never ever waste my time or money again.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by A Davidson    (Canada)

This review relates to a 5 flight itinerary booked with United. Other than flight segment 3 which was with Lufthansa from Barcelona (BCN) to Munich (MUC) the other 4 flights were with United Airlines. The problem started when United had a schedule change which did not allow us a legal connection in Newark (EWR) on the outbound flight to Barcelona (BCN). We received an e-mail from United informing us of a change in time to an earlier flight from Phoenix (PHX) to Newark (EWR) allowing us a legal connection for our flight. This in itself was a bit annoying since we went from an original connection time of one hour to a four hour connection. Unfortunately, we "accepted" the change on-line which was the first error on our part. The day prior to departing from Phoenix, we received the usual message telling us we could print our boarding passes. This worked fine until we checked the boarding passes only to find out there was no longer the priority boarding we had booked and paid for. This resulted in spending over an hour on the phone to United. As it turned out, with every segment flown with United, it was necessary to go through the whole process of having them reprint boarding passes which showed the priority boarding and then only after we had provided them with proof this had been purchased. As for the flights themselves? The usual experience of dealing with disinterested flight attendants, barely edible food and the fact, as I was told, "United no longer offers special meals (eg: low cholesterol or diabetic) but does provide a kosher meal for its Jewish and Muslim passengers and a beef free meal for its Sikh passengers. So, all in all, the poor service of United Airlines appears to be the norm more and more these days rather than the exception which really is a problem for the UA's promise that we are "flying the friendly skies".

United Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Martin Cohen    (UK)

My sister, wife and I travelled Heathrow to Chicago, to Denver and onto Minot, ND. Booked meals asked for veggie for me on the first flight. Lousy onboard service, Chicago chaotic. Flight on small jet to Minot was excellent. return was via Washington. Lousy flight, uncomfortable seats on United, tight for me at 6'3", on board attendants no patience. Food again on return was unplanned.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by E Waxman    (USA)

Planned a vacation to Australia and New Zealand over a year ago! Left EWR on Jan 22 for SFO, flight was delayed almost 2 hours (waited about 40 mins to take off), most of the delay was caused by a mechanical problem. Pilot apologized for problem, saw mechanic going back and forth down aisle. Had a connecting flight to Sydney, with 1.5 hr layover. Notified flight attendant about connection and pilot contacted United to let them know that there were a number of people on the flight connecting to Sydney. Was told plane was taking off "on time", Got into SFO in enough time to make connection, but sat on tarmac for 20 mins. waiting for gate. No gate agent, no transportation - just run. Got to gate at 10.42, doors closed at 10.40. United's response - tough. One flight a day to Sydney. Customer service said EWR flight was delayed due to weather (untrue), therefore no compensation. Was upgraded to First class for following days flight. One hour before departure, United takes away our first class tickets, and gives seats to United employees (saw the badge) - unbelievable! Don't want to bore you with the return flights, but suffice it to say had to spend two nights in SFO, of course no compensation.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Bar Artur    (Poland)

I flew United on domestic US flights 3 times in last month and I am very disappointed by their customer care. They haven't informed passengers that due to delays their connection flight (on the same flight number as from Portland to Las Vegas through San Francisco) would be missed - they knew that before boarding the first plane. Secondly, they ignored passengers who had to sleep at San Francisco airport on the floor, having all restaurants and half of restrooms closed. When coming back from US to Poland (3 flights - 17 hours) I couldn't check an additional bag (as I should have Star Alliance Silver status) informing me that these were Lufthansa regulations and they have their own united and they don't care or I will have to pay 200$. I was forced to check the carry-on luggage as they found they had no free space onboard. Of course my hand luggage was an appropriate size. I am very disappointed and will do my best not to use United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Bill Duston    (USA)

I was very pleased with the service I received on United during the recent bout of nasty weather. I left Charlotte going to Chicago and then onto Duluth, MN. My Charlotte-Chicago flight was cancelled due to the weather and the agent here in Charlotte handled things quite professionally. The same held true in O'Hare when flying back to Charlotte. It was snowing pretty hard in Chicago and a number of flights were already cancelled. I asked to be rebooked on an earlier flight that was scheduled to go out. Again, the agent handled things quite well. I wish all carriers had airport staff as professional as those at United.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Shannon Koby    (Canada)

We just finished a trip to Belize from Edmonton Canada. This was our first time using a US airline. We flew with United and we were pleasantly surprised. Our only real issue was that the TV's were not available.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jason Douglas    (USA)

Flight from HNL to Denver has been sitting at gate for 2 hrs, and no information given other than cargo door problem. I quit flying United several years ago, but booked this flight due to price. Never again. Will now miss my connecting flight to DSM. Will not make this mistake using this airline again. On flight over to HNL, the entertainment system did not work.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jim Bedford    (USA)

Worst airline I have ever been on. So far UAL has cancelled 3 flights from EWR to BOS with the excuses being weather, crew and now mechanical. That's 3 separate planes. Seats in economy are tight with virtually no movement. I'll never fly them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by T Stafford    (Australia)

Arrived Tullamarine (Melbourne, Australia) for long planned family holiday to USA. Informed flight cancelled and next flight was two days away! No apology, no explanation. Flights through to LA and then to New York uneventful. Flight home from JFK - baggage issues plane delayed on tarmac for close to two hours, no amenities from staff, water etc. LA connection end then delayed by non appearing traveller. Flight to Sydney diverted to Brisbane due to low fuel, missed connecting flights and luggage 'lost' (arrived 11pm, four days later). United never again.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Ian Smith    (UK)

GLA-EWR-MCO return. Transatlantic flights were pretty decent considering they were on a 757-200. The staff were friendly enough, and the food both ways was fine, either chicken, beef, or veggie option, soft drinks free, pay for alcohol. Flights in the US were OK with more legroom than the transatlantic flights, and both were pretty much on time. Overall a decent enough product if you don't set your expectations too high, and with United flying direct to the US from Glasgow, I would use them again for the convenience of not flying via London or Amsterdam.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 February 2014 by R DiSalvo    (Canada)

YOW-ORD-HNL-LIH and return HNL-ORD-YOW. We were lucky to have a great inflight crew both ways. Perhaps the inflight crew was in a great mood going to Hawaii, and as well maybe a very relaxed crew returning home. Goes to show you what a difference in a great attitude makes. The passengers were also very co-operative. We did leave Chicago 3 hours late. We had to finally switch planes. Good thing that the replacement plane had the same seat configuration, which avoided a lot of chaos. Wish all my flights were as positive as this one.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by J Chauhan    (Canada)

Worst airline and worst customer service anyone can ever imagine. 4 hour delay on the plane then cancellation next morning, again 4 hour delay while sitting on the plane and then cancellation. 3rd day waiting for an hour to get my luggage, checked in when there were only 3 people in front of me. Staff had no idea. This was from Regina to Denver. By the time we were done with staff we were already late for boarding.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by L Spencer    (UK)

Just returned from a 3 week trip, LHR-ORD-SEA returned ACV-SFO-LHR, much better flight with united then previous flights in 2013. Inflight entertainment much improved, food pretty much the same flew economy plus cabin, free alcohol outbound but alcohol charged on the inbound flights. Far greater than Virgin Atlantic, will fly United again when I travel in two months.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Leena Hupe    (Canada)

Just flew United to Honolulu from Canada. Worst possible flight from Chicago. No entertainment no WiFi and absolutely no food or snacks were given. Mechanical issue delayed us for 2 hrs. Will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by C Gregersen    (USA)

My husband's father passed away 2 days ago. We scrambled to get him on a flight that wasn't too terribly expensive and would get him there in an expeditious manner. He flew from LAX to SFO. The plane he was supposed to be on in SFO had mechanical difficulties. They brought in another plane from Vegas. This second plane had problems as well. It took an additional 5.5 hours for him to get on his way to his family.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

Flew LAX-SFO-ORD-LAX last week in First. Had a really enjoyable service and even with a 45 minute weather delay due to incoming aircraft off the east coast, still arrived in O'Hare relatively punctual. Outbound aircraft was the 737-900 with Boeing Sky Interior - which is very calming for a 4.5 hour flight. The only drawback was it was so new that the IFE hadn't been installed yet (not a deal-breaker as I normally read/work). Return aircraft 757-200 International config with on-demand. The best part of the trip were the crew. Both directions they were attentive and intuitive. They learned my drink order upon getting settled in and never had to ask again (with repeated re-fills). Menus have been upgraded and for a domestic First, it was a great experience and worth the ticket.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by W Gromlich    (USA)

Delay of 4 hours then cancellation with another 4 hour wait for customer service on scheduled flight from SFO to HNL is totally unforgivable and there were no weather issues involved. Date of travel was to be 18 Jan 2014 and rebooked on 19 Jan 2014. Definitely cannot recommend United ever again.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Astuni Simone    (USA)

Took several flights in the last couple of months from EWR-HKG, ORD-HKG, NRT-EWR. The only positive item is inflight entertainment on the 777. Food: first meal - barely edible, snack: unedible (half frozen sandwich), third meal: terrible. Now United have started charging for wine on such flights which last year didn't. Staff: terrible: I was given terrible attitude by a flight attendant, didn't respond to several attendant calls for a long time. There are several airlines doing such routes all of them providing far better service than United.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Lee Matthew    (Hong Kong)

Flew from HKG-ORD and ORD to IAD. I had very low expectations on United. Surprisingly HKG-ORD ultra long haul flight has excellent service. Probably this is because the flight is staffed by Hong Kong-based crews. The 777-200ER aircraft has decent AVOD. Food is average but the crews offer multiple drink runs throughout the flight. ORD to IAD domestic flight is normal US standard. Only drink is served. PTV is useless unless you pay to watch Direct TV. Service by cabin crew very average. The experience is 4 star for the international flight and I would not hesitate to fly United if Hong Kong crews serve the flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by D Griego    (USA)

My pregnant wife and I had to fly to Maryland from Hawaii. As we were leaving for the airport I get a notification that the plane was experiencing mechanical issues and the flight was delayed. I contacted them and discussed how our delay was going to affect our connecting flight in San Francisco. I was told it would not be an issue. Upon arrival in San Francisco, I learned that was not the case. I was told we had to wait a few hours and was going to Houston where I would be connected to Baltimore. We arrived in Houston and was greeted by another rude employee telling us the delay caused us to miss the connector to Baltimore and would get us a later flight, putting us in Baltimore around 10pm and that was our only option. I walked outside to get some air and saw a supervisor at the ticket counter. I explained the story to her, she offered to get on a flight that would put us in DC. On our arrival we learned that after what was to be a 12-13 hour flight that turned into a twenty something hour flight zig zagging across country. United did not have our luggage and it was sitting in an airport in New Jersey.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by K Flamm    (USA)

Flight from Houston to SLC on 2/1/2014 a family of six, including a 6 year old, 4 year old and twin 2 year olds. When we checked in at the gate the gentleman at the gate was very short and rude, and bluntly stated that we had not reserved our seating online as required, when actually we had several months in advance. He took our tickets and forced us to stand by and wait for everyone else to board the plane, every time we tried to ask him any questions he completely ignored and avoided us. After everyone else was on board he shoved some tickets at us and sent us on the plane with 4 small kids and 2 car seats. We were scattered throughout the plane. Fortunately, the staff on the plane were accommodating enough to rearrange seating a little in order to get my husband or I as close as possible to our kids, but we were still very separated. We also found out that several other families were separated on the plane as well. The entire flight was very stressful and unnerving and after this experience I will never fly with United again based on the treatment of the man at the gate. I would not recommend United Airlines to any families as none of our flights were accommodating to young families with kids and car seats as most airlines are.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by R Purdy    (Australia)

Lost bags, delayed flights, lack of communication, wrong allocation of seats (such as row 50 in an airline that only has 46 rows) and rude staff have made my collective experience with United Airlines a negative one. To give them 1 star for each of these categories is a stretch. I wish I had read the reviews before booking so many flights with them as it seems that the rest of their previous customers are just as satisfied as I. Literally days wasted in airports and kilometres walked trying to get answers from staff who clearly are in the wrong line of work given their communication skills. Never again.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Rick Yah    (Singapore)

DEN-LHR on Christmas Eve. No food service for 50% of Economy class cabin, as crew claimed that ground staff forgot to load enough food for all passengers in this class due to "holiday mood". When complained to crew, they said it is unfortunate and can send letter to head office if dis-satisfied with service. Last time to fly with UA.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by James Wallace    (USA)

Newark to Hong Kong in Economy Plus. The flight left early and arrived late which made for a 16.5 hour flight. It was a very smooth flight and the fasten seatbelt sign was turned off 2 hours after take-off. I asked for a glass of red wine and was told that United began charging $7.99 a glass on flights across the Pacific Ocean on Jan 1 2014. No hot towels were provided. The meal came with plastic tableware. The individual in-flight entertainment worked well on the 777-200. 2 hours before landing there were a couple of bumps and the fasten seatbelt sign was on for the remaining 2 hours of the flight. On a 16 hour flight, it is nice to use the toilet to freshen up before landing. No toothbrush or socks were provided. I purchased the more expensive W ticket because I had an upgrade but the business/first section was full two weeks before departure.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by C Bersillon    (France)

I took United from Paris to Washington DC and then from DC to Richmond, VA. The first flight was ok despite no communication or service from the crew. The second flight has one hour delay so far. Not very happy about flying with United. I won't recommend it.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by W Kirschbaum    (USA)

We flew from Newark to Panama City, Panama. Flight arrived 30 mins late at 11pm. The flight was OK, except for no entertainment as the paying entertainment was not worth it. No free food, even that had to be paid for - we didn't. Pilots were pretty uncommunicative, and the cabin crew indifferent. The seats are real torture, too narrow, hard and poor legroom combine to make 5 hours feel like forever!

United Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Doig John    (UK)

ORD-FLL on 18 January. Paid for upgrade to 1st class as a birthday treat! Very helpful staff at ORD to assist with check-in. As a Star Alliance Gold with A3, following security checks I was able to use the Club Lounge facilities. Being morning, items for a continental type breakfast were available. The lounge was however very busy. The flight boarded on time and departed 30 minutes late due to airport operational issues at FLL. (out of  the control of UA) Orders for breakfast were taken prior to departure (2 choices) and delivered in a friendly way while en-route. The aircraft B737-800, appeared new, the cabin was clean and comfortable. In spite of the late departure, the flight arrived in FLL around 5 minutes late.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by J Thomas    (USA)

Flew Denver to Tokyo, Flight left 2 hrs. late (mech) so we missed our connecting flight, arrived 9 hrs late. On the way back they changed our seats at boarding and put us next to the bathroom, got to hear the toilet flush and the door slam for 10 hours, I'll never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Sebastian O'Connor    (USA)

IAD to DEN. Economy class on a 757. On time for departure and arrival, quite good service from attendants. Aircraft sported outdated overhead CRT for in flight entertainment and my audio jack didn't work correctly. Also no wifi or power outlets. Seats comfy but a little small. Had to pay 9 dollars for a large snack, which is too much frankly. Fine for the low fare I got but not much else.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by H Mann    (USA)

We flew to Geneva from ABQ on 1/16 - 1/26. Flight UA5176, UA907, UA975Y, UA783Y. To start we had a 5 hr delay and our party of 6 had to be split up and re-routed to reach our overseas destination (this was not due to weather). United offered us a measly 7$ credit that was only usable in one airport for food. It didn't even cover a meal. When we finally were on our way there were further delays (once again not weather) and upon arrival our party was split and we had to pt double to take the shuttle separately to our hotel. Very frustrating trip with United!

United Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by C Cotton    (USA)

IAH to CVG: Crowded, dirty, late, with poor customer service from distracted personnel. They act like they simply don't care. If you enjoy riding Greyhound Bus Lines, and want to have that same experience in the air, fly United.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Kathee Miller    (USA)

I purchased first class tickets hoping to make the experience a little better, it didn't help. The food on the flight is horrible. You get a snack box which consists of a couple of crackers, some cheese spread, a fig cookie and some kind of cranberry bar. That is not first class service to me. To make matters worse my bags were lost. It would have taken them two hours to drive it to me instead they had to fly it back then ship it to the correct place. This took about 24 hours when it should have taken 2. To make matters even worse on the flight home my bags didn't make it again. I was told they got put on the later flight. I won't be flying United anymore.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

I personally have had few problems with them over the last several months. Recently did DEN-SFO-HNL and back. All flights on time and with early arrivals, DEN-SFO segments with newer aircraft with PTVs. The SFO-HNL segments were on the oldest 777 I have ever seen - no food, no entertainment, nothing for 5 hours is not really acceptable. Crews smiled on all segments and actually seemed happy to be at work, which is a change. Ground staff at SFO were also helpful.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Louie Vince    (USA)

Flew United 261, LAX to Orlando, Economy Plus. No music, no movie (not even plug for headset), only ability to purchase wifi for $9.99. Remodelled seats with less padding.