Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Turkish Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by R James    (USA)

Flew IAH-IST in business. Cabin was nicely appointed and comfortable, and the inflight entertainment works well. The food and drinks offered were high quality and plentiful, except my fish entree was over cooked. The service was awkward. It was a full hour after takeoff before the in flight service was started. Food was prepared in the forward galley and plated in the rear galley, which meant there was constant cabin staff traffic between the two galleys, making the cabin environment frenetic. Beverages were only offered once at the beginning of the meal service. Any additional beverages, including water, required a direct request with an attendant, who would then readily provide another beverage.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Nal Murat    (UK)

LHR - Istanbul - North Cyprus - Istanbul - LHR. Business class to Istanbul, economy to North Cyprus. Flight to Istanbul departed on time. A321 seats not really business, more economy plus as it's 3 seats across with the centre seat blocked off and a little more leg room. Very early AM flight breakfast good, flight nearly full. Entertainment not that good. One hour transfer time at Istanbul was no problem at all, in fact we did it in 10 minutes. Flight to North Cyprus B737-800, seat ok, food surprisingly served on an hour flight, entertainment system not fantastic. Flight from Istanbul to LHR was just fantastic, mainly because of the Turkish business lounge which is as far as I am concerned is the best of the best. Food, space, comfort, facilities all there in this brand new lounge all excellent. Flight on B737-800. Aircraft type changed at the last minute so passengers seated all over the place. Everyone seemed civilised onboard and just swapped seats onboard so couples could sit together. Chef onboard and food prepared by DoCo just sumptuous. Cabin crew all male in business were terrific. Aircraft full, seats again more eco plus then business and no real entertainment system on this plane. Pilot informative, flight smooth landed on time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Venice-Istanbul-Beirut. Venice-Istanbul: brand new A321 with individual screens and IFE plus a full hot meal provided (with a printed menu distributed). Broad selection of beverages, even fresh orange juice available. That's amazing for a 2 hours and 15 min flight. Flight attendants: most of them very friendly and professional, apart from a young girl who seemed not to care at all. Smooth and easy transfer at Istanbul airport, which by the way is a total mess and way over-crowded. Istanbul-Beirut: full flight. Again, new A321 but this time with very small individual screens with no IFE. Super friendly and professional cabin crew. A cold meal offered. Luggage did make it to Beirut without any issues. Overall, very impressed with Turkish. Do look forward to flying back with them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Ian Chatterton    (UK)

TK604, Dar Es Saleem - Istanbul, 8th August 14. Incoming flight delayed due to bad weather at Istanbul Airport. Check in staff at Dar Es Saleem seemed clueless about how to sort problems re prospect of missed connections. Eventually assured us that we were booked on later 19.10 hours flight to Heathrow and gave assurances our luggage would be transferred. On arrival at Istanbul received the worst customer service experience. Staff rude, unhelpful and incompetent. No bookings for onward flight found, initially told we would have to overnight in Istanbul, only after continued insistence with staff were seats found for us. On boarding flight TK1983 we found over 30 empty seats on the aircraft we were told there were no seats available. Of course arriving back at Heathrow they had managed to loose 5 items of our hold baggage. I would never fly with Turkish Airlines again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Haji Murat    (Russia)

I flew Istanbul-Ercan (Cyprus) on Turkish A320. Both flights were great. New aircraft, with interesting movies, TV shows, games. Friendly English-speaking staff. Was given a traditional Turkish breakfast. Both trip cost me not expensive, i bought tickets in advance.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Javier Valverde    (Spain)

10th August 2014, Tokyo to Istanbul (TK0051) which connected to another Turkish Airlines flight (TK1357) from Istanbul to Madrid. Time for the connection was 1 hour 20 minutes. Unfortunately, TK0051 departed delayed and landed more than 1 hour later than the previously scheduled arrival time. The TK0051 flight landed in Istanbul at about 19.10 h when the scheduled landing time was 18.00 h. Although I rushed to the gate, where I arrived at 19.26, it was impossible for me to get the connecting flight which departed at 19.20 sharp. There were at least 6 more passengers in my same situation. Nobody was waiting for us at Istanbul airport to give us assistance, no help was offered. We went to the "customer care counter" where a Turkish airlines worker simply gave us instructions to go to the transfer desk. After a very long queue a Turkish Airlines employee explained to us that there was no available flight to Madrid that day. We had to get flight TK1857 departing at 7.50 am next day. Turkish Airlines would provide us with a hotel, dinner and breakfast. I am a Miles&Miles member, my friend and I were planning to use this company again at Christmas, but now we have bought a ticket on another airline instead.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Aleks Popovic    (Australia)

TK71/TK1083, HKG-IST-BEG. I flew this route this week in comfort class and connect in economy. It is a real shame they are phasing out CC. The product is in a league of its own and deserves to be around. Y on the intra Europe flight was really good too. Both flights had a full meal service. The long haul as expected but the euro flight was a surprise. Flights departed about 10 minutes late but both arrived early.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Joan Carles Blanco Atienza    (Spain)

12 August (Istanbul - Barcelona), flight TK 1855. Checked-in the day before to get the seats I wanted on the plane, performed this operation and I get an email from the airline confirming assigned seats. The next day at the airport I was given different seats to the ones I requested the previous day, these (3 seats) were separated from each other. Also told there was a time delay in departure. I'm disappointed with the airline, and do not recommend it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Thomas Grimm    (Germany)

Istanbul-Lagos had terribly worn out Business Class seats. USB plug did not charge my phone, only neighbouring seat did so. Headset cable was broken, only one side could be heard. Way back it was worse: Checked in, but was not offered an invitation to the lounge, so I had to bribe someone to get me that instead of again going through security. Then, 75 min departure delay without any notice, information, etc. which made me miss my connection in Istanbul. The onboard entertainment system was completely off, apologies for the technical defect. Not to mention the USB plug for charging the phone. After the 7hr night flight, no breakfast or simply a coffee was offered. Never again if I can avoid it somehow.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by J Otten    (USA)

We have flown Turkish Airlines several times in the last year, and always with a little hesitance connecting through Istanbul-an airport that's always a bit chaotic. While the flights we've had over the years have been good in terms of food, price, in-flight service and entertainment, etc, today was quite the opposite. My wife and kids flew to Istanbul from Macedonia, intending to get on a flight to Chicago. Instead they were told at the gate that the boarding passes they had received for the flight were not adequate and there were no seats for them. They were turned away and sent to a "help desk" that was a nightmare. It took hours to rebook them on tomorrow's flight and they were denied hotel accommodation, even though it was the airline's fault. Next time we'll book with a proper European carrier, likely spending a little more but saving ourselves the headache and worry.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by N Chiem    (USA)

TK12 and TK571, JFK-IST-JRO departing July 3rd 2014. Had multiple terrible experiences with TK in the last year, the most recent of them in July 2014, on the first flight of our honeymoon! Every time I have flown with TK from JFK or BRU, the flight was late by more than 90min, without any explanation. Leading to a missed connection and being stranded against our will in Istanbul. Each time the in-flight crew assured us the connecting flight would be informed and wait for us. Each time, there was no one upon landing to direct us and help us find our connection gate. Each time we missed the connecting by less than 10min after desperately running across the airport to try and make it. Each time the ground staff for luggage collection and transfer/hotel arrangements were unduly rude and totally unhelpful. And the hotel provided for the night was very sub-standard. And each time we had to pay an entry visa that we would otherwise not have had to pay. I have flown a lot of different airlines and this is by far the worst experience I've ever had. In the latest occurrence, they would not even make a nice gesture to acknowledge the fact they were ruining the first 2 days of our honeymoon. Needless to say we will never fly Turkish airlines again if we can avoid it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Monilola Aboderin    (UK)

I travelled to Istanbul With my daughter and 2 grandchildren on 31st July 2014. It was a night flight. The toilet was not clean and smelt very bad, not hygenic for children to use. The food was not good for children. The was no provisions for children to play with. We were begging the crew to give us a pillow and blanket, they told us they don't have enough so it is a case of first come, first serve.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Lee Hayward    (Australia)

Travel agent booked me on a Malaysia Airlines flight which was code shared with Turkish airlines, Turkish for first leg from Istanbul to KL, then Malaysian from KL to Sydney. Boarded in Istanbul and the check-in staff couldn't have been less helpful. The first person at the check-in counter passed me off onto someone else because of what she called a 'ticket problem' before promptly going on her break. The second person was slightly more helpful up until the point someone came around and told him to go on a break. Then it became too hard to do anything more than check me in onto the Turkish airlines flight. He wouldn't check my bag through to Sydney, no real reason given, but from previous experience it is possible to check bags through despite different airlines in operation. This meant that once I arrived in KL I had to clear customs, pick up my bag and then check back in again. A massive pain and something that wouldn't have been achievable if I had had less than 3 hours between flights. First and last flight with Turkish Airlines!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by L Cline    (USA)

26 July 2014, United 7781 (Operated by TK), TK370, IST-Tashkent. I have had a very mixed record with TK. Previous flights were in the acceptable range, but things seem to be going downhill. I am much taller than average and have found the latest flights to be torturous in terms of legroom. On my most recent trip, I had to skip the meal because I did not have sufficient room over my legs to lower the tray table. Cabin staff were good, but ground staff were decidedly a mixed bag in terms of helpfulness. Entertainment consisted of the 1970's-era pop-down screens. Generally, a very unsatisfactory experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Osman Gulseven    (Turkey)

June 18-21. Ankara (ESB) to Istanbul (IST) and to Rome Fiomicino (FCO).TK 2109 and TK 1965. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for about 10 years. Mostly I enjoy excellent flights. Luggage is rarely lost. Out of 100+ flights it happened once which was likely due to a non-Turkish Airlines connection. Food is halal and of top quality. Most of the fleet is brand new. Once in a while you get an old one which makes the flight experience mediocre. The miles program is great but they started reducing the number of miles that can be earned. One thing annoying is the in-flight announcement. The pilots better stay silent instead of trying to speak with their low- level English.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Faruk Gökyurt    (Germany)

My family and I flew TXL to IST in economy class. The plane for this flight was a brand new A321. Every passenger had a personal entertainment screen in front of the seat with a great selection of movies, games, etc. The meal was one of the best airline meals I've had. Cabin crew were always respectful, cheerful and ready to help. All in all a great experience. Would definitely recommend and travel with them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Banfield    (Canada)

Recently flew from Toronto to Istanbul and Istanbul to Cameroon. This was the best airline I have flown with. The Toronto/Istanbul leg was splendid. Great selection of inflight entertainment, movies, music, games. Impressed with the camera showing the view outside of the plane. Loved the comp. Turkish delight! Fantastic selection of food and drinks - full upon arrival. Flight crew excellent and professional. North American airlines need to take a page from Turkish Airlines book to see how its done. Great second leg to Cameroon. Smaller plane and food. Can't complain. definitely flying Turk. Air. again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by C Wheeler    (UAE)

Istanbul to Thessaloniki on a morning flight. Boarded the plane. Two crew were working in the J cabin (including senior crew member). Load of J cabin only 6. They handed out the menu for the service before take-off which had hot breakfast choices. After take-off the crew started the service. Without any interaction the crew member came and passed me the tray. Tray consisted of a fruit yoghurt, croissant and a selection of cheese. Never asked me if I would like anything to drink or which hot meal choice I would like. I got up to visit the toilet before the seatbelt sign came on. The J cabin toilet was unusable for its respective cabin customers as the crew allowed a Y cabin customer to use the toilet and he threw a whole tree of paper in the toilet. The other crew member asks me finally if I would like to have anything to drink. Asked for a Turkish coffee. After I came out asked a crew member to take my tray. Then comes my coffee. That's when the seatbelt sign came on. Nobody came to secure the cabin before landing. Landed in Thessaloniki. Waited for our luggage on the carousel only to find the priority bags arriving last. At the end of the day a short flight is a showcase of what a long trip can be with them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-IST-BRU, C cabin - check in is unfortunately a mess, no priority check in respected, staff not interested, don't give a damn attitude. Done by Avia Partner. Had to ask twice for a fast track card for arrivals in IST, check in staff did not even know they existed. and they have 4 flights to IST daily. Lounge is always full and dirty, and am afraid boarding is always a mess, even you are flying c class. From wait in lounge to designated gate, to last call, all of this in less than 10 minutes, simply ridiculous. Experienced this many time. Once on board all is different - friendly yet professionals staff with lack of language skills but ok on security and service. Some try to go the extra mile. Only option to IST direct. They need to improve ground staff and boarding skills and attitudes otherwise I would perhaps recommend. IST lounge on Sunday 27/07/14, announcement from no info, to go to gate, to last call gate closed 15 mins. Too many flights, too little doors even if they are remote, they have lost it - they need a third airport. However IST lounge is the best in Europe, perhaps only competing with BA in T5 in Heathrow.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Y Mirindi    (Belgium)

FIH-IST. Flight delayed 1 hour as usual. Old A330-200 instead of the usual 739. No IFE working, no informative pilot announcements, cabin crew announcement was inaudible, only one choice of meal which was a very good meal (luckily). No complete breakfast just a little cake before landing, very disappointing flight.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Jean-Pierre Diels    (USA)

JFK-ATH, business class round-trip in June (TK0004 & 0001). Departure from JFK was delayed by almost 3 hours as the pilot could not be found. On arrival in Istanbul we had to go the "transfer desk" to find a connection to ATH. Said transfer desk has a queue of over 100 people from every conceivable destination and no priority for business class. End result was that we had to sit for 4 hours in the biz-class lounge and watch 2 codeshares fly out before TK. Yes, we missed our connecting flight in ATH as well. Return ATH to IST managed to be 2 hours late as well for a 90 minute morning flight. This time we barely made the JFK connection and our "priority" luggage was delivered 2 days later. The good: seats are very comfortable, entertainment and Wifi are excellent and the food is really delicious; IST lounge is wonderful. The bad: cabin crew disappears after service and, on the return, allowed a passenger in an adjoining seat to get utterly smashed as he drank endless full glasses of Scotch until landing. He then proceeded to lie down on the floor for the landing which the crew chose to ignore, IST airport is a nightmare.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Z Shotte    (UK)

BHX-IST-BKK. July 9 2014. Boeing 737-800: BHX-IST. Very impressed with Turkish Airlines European business class. By far the best of all European carriers for comfort and privacy. It offers a 2-2 configuration with 20' leather recliners with additional foot rest. There is a personal VOD monitor in the arm rest with a wide variety of shows and movies for a 3 hour flight. Flight attendants are very polite and professional. Food catering is of the highest standard to match and surpass other European Carriers like BA, KLM or Lufthansa. Airbus A330-300: IST-BKK. The TK business class lounge is very impressive, with kids room, multiple TV rooms, 2 grand pianos and some of the cleanest toilets I have seen at an airport. Lounge provides user friendly lockers to store your belongings. A bit chaotic boarding at IST. The shuttle bus used to take passengers to the aircraft was a bit overcrowded and ground staff seemed a bit disorganised. However after boarding it's all up hill. FAs were very attentive and professional. The personalised chef for the forward cabin was a nice touch. Good selection of food and drinks and the inflight entertainment is more than adequate for the 9 hours and 40 mins. Seats are very comfortable for business class with an exceptional amount of leg room although the seat configuration of 2-2-2 does not provide loads of privacy for a single traveler, with the two end seats A and K not giving direct aisle access. Overall Turkish Airlines provides a very good product in business. Will definitely recommend and travel again in the future.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by David G Stein    (USA)

JFK-Istanbul-Bishkek, round trip, coach, B777, B737, A330. My experience with Turkish Airlines is a tale of 2 experiences, the flight experience and customer service on the ground. The flights were all very good. Leg room varied. I had adequate legroom on the B737 and A330, but I felt crushed on the B777. The food was tasty and the flight attendants offered good service. My main issue with Turkish Airlines with the customer service on the ground. leading up to my flight, I found frequent outages with their US website. Customer service employees in Istanbul were rude and they refused to adhere to their pledge to provide a hotel when the layover is over 10 hours. As it turned out, I was one of a few who experienced the same problem. All in all it was a mixed experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Pierre Jean Trebuchet    (United Arab Emirates)

BCN-IST-BKK. One way flight for EUR 402. Flight delayed 3 hours from Barcelona: chaotic check in with nearly no assistance. The supervisor was rude and ignorant. Unable to retrieve my TK good frequent flyer number, so I had to pay for my access to VIP lounge. Ground staff at Istanbul non-existant. At least, catering was excellent and both planes, A332 and A332, were quite comfortable despite of BCN-IST was not clean. Not really recommendable.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Ann Tahhan    (Ireland)

I recently flew from Tel Aviv to Dublin via Istanbul A return flight. I was so delighted with this airline. A comfortable flight. Seats were comfortable. Pillows offered. Delicious meal with free drinks. Inflight entertainment, movies games etc. friendly staff Real old fashioned service. Transfer staff on the ground to take us to connecting flight. I will definitely fly with Turkish airlines and will go out of my way to fly with them. I recommend this airlines strongly to anyone flying to Israel.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Kleissner    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Istanbul (return) and Istanbul - Izmir (return). Planes varied - the least good was a workaday Airbus between Istanbul and Izmir (nothing wrong with it though), the best a brand new B737-800 to Gatwick. We flew economy but noted that business class on the latter had excellent seats. All flights flew to time. Food was very good (complete with metal cutlery). Even between Istanbul and Izmir we got an hors d'oeuvre plus a good sandwich and some cake - the crew hardly had time to serve it. All staff polite and helpful. At Izmir we had checked-in online and were shown to a dedicated counter: there is no Bag Drop facility. All in all, one of our best airline experiences.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Shehu Wan    (Nigeria)

KAN-IST-LGW-KAN. A 737-800 aircraft for the first leg. Flight was on time food was good and cabin crew excellent. The IFE was also commendable. The IST-LGW leg was a very boring flight with no IFE but the cabin crew were very efficient and helpful.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Michael Asher    (Turkey)

Travelling from Alanya/Gazipasa to Istanbul via Ankara, the first disappointment was that there was no online check-in. At the airport you are allocated a seat which cannot be changed as the system doesn't allow it said the young lady on the desk. No lounge but such a small airport and only one or two flights a day hardly warrant it. In fact the Turkish Airlines printed timetable doesn't even list the flights there. I went into the airport shop for a can of Coke but at TL 7.25 decided it was too much of a rip-off. No priority boarding so a scramble at the gate. Flight operated by Anadolujet was comfortable and a sandwich and water, tea and coffee served. At Ankara the domestic transfer passengers were sent straight into the departure area which meant no second security screening. But inside I discovered my next sector was delayed and the Business Class lounge was outside so I could not reach it. Luckily the delay was not long and soon we were boarding. They made an announcement about pre-boarding but then just let everybody go through. Full flight and had another sandwich and cake. After landing at Istanbul we had to sit on the ground with the engines running for 15 minutes before a gate was available. My luggage was the last up - seems they don't use priority tags at Alanya either. But at least I was able to go to the airport shop and buy a can of Coke for TL 1.75!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by I Russell    (Ghana)

I was very disappointed with Turkish Airways. My flight was delayed from Accra to Istanbul resulting in me missing all my connecting flights including my flight to Barbados from Gatwick. The staff at Istanbul were extremely rude and unhelpful, resulting in me having to speak with the supervisor. They would not help with rebooking my connecting flight to Barbados, which I had to pay for myself plus overnight accommodation. My luggage got separated at Gatwick, which compounded my disappointment with Turkish Airways.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by M Hashem    (USA)

Flew non-stop Houston to Istanbul in Comfort Economy. I had low expectation however, it was a pleasant experience. From check-in to boarding, the process was well managed. I was greeted with a smile while boarding and found the Comfort Economy area quite spacious. The seats were 2-3-2 with decent cushioning, leg room, foot rest and in seat IFE. The seats did not allow reclining for a comfortable sleeping position but let's not forget it was $350 more than basic economy fare. Here is the more pleasant part: the cabin crew were full of smiles and were pleasant. No attitude or doing the passengers a favor type behavior. The food service was good and well portioned. I don't get this much polite and pleasant service in business class of major US carriers! The arrival at IST was timely, however, we parked at a hard stand. The airport was very busy however, unlike major European and US airports (JFK, LAX, etc.), lines moved rather fast.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by I Konstantinidis    (France)

I have flown with TK a couple of times this year. The majority of flights are disappointing. Most recent flight was on 20 June 2014 from Riyadh (KSA) to Paris (France) via Istanbul. Leg 1: TK141 was delayed (as usual). Flew with an old A321. Very tired and dirty. Business class seat was an economy seat. Most of business class passengers complained about the seats (it was an overnight flight and most of us wanted to sleep - but it was impossible). Crew was ok - nothing exceptional (typical TK). Food was average - I am really wondering why they have the-so called "Flying-Chef" on board. Leg 2: TK1821 was delayed as well. Flew with a new A330-300 featuring the new business class. Much space and a fully flat bed. Although business class cabin is spacious, it is not sophisticated at all. Cabin was dirty. Food was just ok. Crew was unprofessional and rude.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

I had return flight CDG-TBS-CDG via Istanbul by Turkish last month. The service overall was really excellent. The food was very good, nicely presented and tasty. Cabin attendants were professional in all flights, nothing to complain about. Seats are ok for a couple of hours flights with the overhead screens and, consequently, limited entertainment. I have three observations for improvement: 1) The Business lounge in Sabina airport is very unpleasant, a box size room with no edible food available. 2) The Ataturk airport (I had it for return flight) was extremely busy and flights are usually delayed for 30-45 minutes. 3) I observed that the light in cabins during the boarding, catering (almost two hours) and landing was extremely bright (it is annoying when there is late evening or night flight). In general, Turkish and Lufthansa are the best choices for Tbilisi.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by T Eldem    (Canada)

Flew from IST to ESB on A321. The Business class configuration is typical of the European short haul flights with the middle seat left empty. Legroom is limited and hardly an improvement over Economy. Aircraft was showing its age and as with all TK flights I have been on, the air was stuffy and stale. Flight attendants came across as aloof and did not seem to be interested in engaging with the passengers beyond the most basic requirements of their duties. Good meal service for a short flight. There was moderate turbulence throughout the flight resulting in spilled drinks. The FA's did not bother to clean up the spill on my table even though it was evident at the time they collected the meal service. The crews on TK really need to improve their English skills as their announcements are barely understandable and would represent a real concern in the event of an emergency. As well, my experience on all of TK flights leave me questioning the safety culture of the FA's as they tend to ignore basic in-flight safety breaches such as passengers standing up while the aircraft is taxiing and leaving their tables down during takeoff and landings. The flight left late due to congestion at Istanbul airport but was otherwise uneventful. Their domestic service is clearly superior to North American and many European carriers and is certainly good value for money. With some attention to cabin service and improved FA performance, this airline can easily maintain its status as Europe's best but has a long way to go to compete with Asian and Middle Eastern carriers on long-haul routes.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by J Moreno    (Mexico)

IAH-IST-IAH. Airline has one of the freshest services on board. Food is tasty and abundant, so is beverage service, but this is not very diverse with brands. Seat pitch in PE is huge. The only big issue is customer service.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Bilgin Can    (Bosnia & Herzegovina)

IST-LAX flight. It was a B777. The seats were extremely comfortable compared to other transatlantic flight I took over the year (i.e. Mostly Austrian and Lufthansa). The service was excellent. The staff friendly and the food delicious. The plane seemed to me just out of production, and the IFE was much better than what I am used to with Austrian (which I prefer generally for financial reasons). The only complaint would be the price you have to pay for THY flights. It is generally 50% more than what Austrian offers.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Eldem Tayfun    (Canada)

TK21, PEK to IST. Orderly and on time boarding. Was asked to relocate to a different seat than the one pre- assigned in order to accommodate a passenger with physical disability. Ended up in a window seat as no other aisle seats were available. The Purser tried very hard and apologized profusely. A warm approach I am not used to receiving from TK FA's. Cabin, as with many TK flights very warm and air stale. Comfortable lie-flat seats with plush blanket and soft pillow. The shell style seats do not offer much storage room and are narrower than other business class seats. Attentive service throughout the flight with FA's frequently checking on passengers. Good meal and wine selection although main course was somewhat tasteless. AVOD system with 20 inch screens and a wide selection of movie and music options although somewhat dated. The highlight of the flight was the free WiFi which is a very nice touch. Overall a pleasant experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by K Svetlana    (Canada)

TK 0035, IST Ataturk-Montreal, June 17, 2014. Booking the flight one month in advance: both my travel agent and I tried to secure an exit row seat. I expected to pay for it. The airline was impossible to reach from Canada. At check-in, the seat selected by the travel agent was changed to an unacceptable one. A request to upgrade for business cabin was denied. On the ground at Ataturk, a long and very slow line-up in the corridor just to enter the gate (an additional security check - we have gone through the passport control as well as the security already). Not a single seat available. The security agents behaved like Canadian immigration officials interrogating people about purposes of their trips, but no information was going into computers. Younger people were sitting on the floor, older ones standing there with their bags looked tortured already. The plane was jammed full. The seats in Economy were really cramped, no legroom (a 10hr flight). Rude FA's and completely devoid of smiles. Dismissive and unhelpful to boot, trying to ignore passengers as much as possible. Dirty lavatories with pileups of used paper towels on top of garbage boxes, no toilet seats available.