Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Turkish Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Matthew Johnson    (UK)

We flew LGW-IST-CMB on 16/4 and being a frequent flyer and Star Alliance Gold member, I can easily say that this was the worst flying experience of my life. I have never met so rude, uninterested and unhelpful staff on any other airline before. To start with, I was denied access to a lounge at LGW. I am aware that Star Alliance do not have a lounge there, but all other airlines I have used before have given me access to contracted lounges. TK did not. First flight as relatively OK on their new B737 but seats were very uncomfortable. Then we arrived in IST and the problems started. When I went to the lounge and connected my phone to the wifi I found an email from them saying "your flight to {1} is delayed, please contact {2}". I went to the lounge reception and showed them the email and they told me it's nothing to worry about. When I looked on their website though I saw that the IST-CMB flight was delayed by 5 hours. From then, it took us about 3 hours in order to sort out a hotel. When the flight departed the next morning, there was no mention at all by anyone as to why the flight was delayed or a single apology. 10 hours on that plane and nothing. The crew were the most unprofessional and rude cabin crew. Not interested in passenger satisfaction and not interested in safety. Their English was very poor. Overall, this was a very bad experience which lasted nearly 32 hours. I will never fly with them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2015 by S Northcote    (UK)

First time travelling with Turkish Airlines, I was very disappointed all 4 flights were late, with the Doha to Istanbul being so late I missed the UK connection to Heathrow, waited 7 hours for next flight, no explanation was given as to why all 4 flights were delayed, no apology or refreshments given. Istanbul airport is not a good place to wait for 7 hours, no free wi fi, toilets were dirty. Meals on the plane were good, cabin crew polite and friendly.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

Business class. BRU-IST-BRU. Okay Check in, fast track - terrible lounge, not BA anymore, but SN. Planes are quite good and C cabin on short haul is very good. Food the same and boring. Crew are good and helpful. Return leg, excellent check in and divine lounge in IST, best in Europe to my knowledge for C class. IST boarding is even worse, always a remote door even for a A330. Good lounge at Ataturk arrivals. This airport needs a new terminal!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Keith Hardy    (UK)

Flew TK Istanbul (Ataturk) to Bangkok (BKK) and return. Flew Economy on the Airbus A330. Seat very narrow and little leg room for a flight of nearly 10 hours. Turkish Airlines should upgrade the aircraft used on this sector to allow more comfort to Economy passengers.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Edward Hill    (Egypt)

Flew to London Heathrow from Hurghada via Istanbul. Everything started off fine. Punctual and a comfortable business class seat on what appeared to be a brand new 737-800. The problems then began with the plane landing in the "wrong" Istanbul airport. One very brief announcement from the Captain about weather and that is where the information stopped. No one on board was able to give us any information about missed connecting flights whilst we waited on the tarmac. Plane was full of connecting passengers. Plane then takes off to the correct airport. On arrival there was nobody from Turkish Airlines to process or inform customers of what to do. Eventually we found the transfer desk which had a minimum of 250 people descending on only 4 very harassed and extremely impolite ticket agents. When I finally got to the front, the ticket desk agent simply stood up and walked away announcing that it was the end of his shift. Got a new pass for a plane leaving 5 hours later. Still no apology. Just thrown at me as if I should be grateful. Found the business class lounge that was also stuffed to the gunnels at the entry reception and barely a seat available in the place. Summoned to the new gate at far end of the airport. It was a full Airbus 330-300. There was a double security check leading to a seated area that was the size for a small commuter jet flight. 280 or so Passengers were rammed into each other waiting for the coach. There was no Business class fast track. On board, staff were the most unfriendly bunch and seemed to have a collapse in their understanding of basic English. One seemed to really struggle with the concept of "Could I have my lunch a bit later?" Suffice to say, my meal was served with no menu. I was then told that it was either Chicken or Pasta. They forgot to offer me the dessert and I had to chase them for it and was told "We will see if we have anything left." Even on disembarkation, at the plane of the door, they pointedly refused to say goodbye. The main hub is a complete mess and deeply unpleasant experience and the staff on board are feckless and rude. I would put this Business class experience down as the worst premium flight of my life. I fly on average 100 times per year nearly always in premium cabins. so that is saying something. Only saving grace were the seats themselves. Which have to be said on both flights were comfortable.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by M Theo    (UK)

A last minute meeting required a trip to Istanbul from Athens. The ATH-IST leg was flown on Aegean Airlines. On time, morning departure from Athens, clean A320, polite and professional cabin crew and plentiful breakfast. Arrival in Istanbul was the usual disorganised and rude chaos. The return flight back to ATH was with Turkish Airlines as Aegean was full. Big mistake. Delayed departure, aircraft interior was dirty, cabin crew were unfriendly, the total opposite to Aegean, food was the only positive. Shall not be recommending Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Muaz Zaman    (UK)

I flew LGW-IST-DAC and was rather surprised by the quality of Turkish Airlines. On my first flight, I flew on a Boeing 737-800. Staff were polite and food was pretty good, very happy that it was halal. Istanbul to Dhaka, I flew on an Airbus A330-200 . Plane was clean, standards were acceptable. They gave us all sorts of things like toothbrushes, blindfolds and slippers etc for maximum comfort and gave the kids a Rubiks Cube and a blow up Turkish Airlines plane. Flight attendants were friendly, some weren't. Entertainment was good, a wide range of movies and music. Seats were comfortable with recline. There was a lot of legroom on the second flight. I look forward to flying on Turkish Airlines on my return trip.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Fotis Giannousas    (Greece)

Flew Economy Class from Athens to Istanbul with a Brand new Boeing 777-300. Seat was very comfortable, Cabin Crew also very friendly, but ignored me when I pressed the button to call them. Food was very good for Short-Haul flights. The InFlight Entertainment was very organized and I had a huge selection of Movies and Music. Although, the screen once in a while would turn off and wouldn't turn back on. There was no turbulence during the flight. I would fly Turkish Airlines again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2015 by Bassem Haroun    (Lebanon)

I flew Beirut - Istanbul, ground check in was ok but a little bit crowded. Food was probably the best food you can eat in an airplane. Staff were friendly but not too friendly, the seats were comfortable and entertainment was nice although I would recommend less out-dated music. I found a piece of chewed chewing gum stuck on the seat in front of me which proves no professional cleaning was done. Second, staff barely speak English or any other language other than Turkish but they remain friendly although it wouldn't hurt to smile more, would it? Last but not least, Istanbul airport is a no-go, it's dirty, extremely crowded and has no free wifi!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Bilkova Veronika    (Czech Republic)

PRG-IST and IST-PRG. My first flight with Turkish Airlines and quite a disappointment. We were about one hour late on both flights - as the air conditioning was not on, it was awfully hot on the plane but no water was offered. The seats were not very comfortable and there was very little space. The flight attendants did not seem very interested in what people were doing (like playing with their mobiles and reclining the backs of their seats during the take-off). On the return flight, there was a family with an infant squealing like an air raid siren sitting two rows away from me which turned the whole flight into a torture exercise. To finish on a positive note - food was very good and I appreciated having my own screen with flight information. Yet, in future, I will try to avoid Turkish Airlines and it is a mystery for me how they can score so well in the ratings.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by A Milossavlyevich    (Egypt)

TK1843, IST-ATH, ticket bought with Aegean. 738 downgraded from 77W, very comfortable old leather seats. Catering top-notch, the best I have had on a short-haul flight and comparable only with Qatar. FA's proactive and kind, a stark contrast with Aegean that followed. Ground staff is deplorable however, check-in agents unable to speak proper English. Also Istanbul airport is a disaster: crowded, dirty and without free Wi-Fi. A hit and miss experience that decreases once we take into account everything other than the flight itself.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Tia Elizabeth    (UK)

Recently flew from London to Osaka and Hong Kong to London via Istanbul. Some of the flight attendants were friendly, some could make a bit more effort. Food was better than expected. Inflight entertainment was good with recent films were already available. Only a few mins delayed in arriving for all four legs of my flights. Only had about one hour to connect from HK to Gatwick at Istanbul, the plane arrived 20-25mins late so it was a bit of a rush and I almost missed my flight. Overall, having read online reviews I had very low expectation but the inflight service turned out to be a lot better than other carriers I've flown with.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by B Borg    (Norway)

OSL-IST-AGP return, February/March 2015. OSL-IST on B738 aircraft. Flight more than 80% full. Cramped seating in economy. I moved to a row of 3 vacant seats were I could sleep after the meal service. The same applies for the AGP-IST sector on B738 aircraft. IST-AGP on A321-200. The aircraft seemed brand new. The flight was almost 100% full. My seat was in an emergency exit row and so the legroom was very good. The same applies for the IST-OSL sector, A321-200 aircraft, and seated in an emergency exit row. I had the option to travel for a slightly lower fare non-stop with Norwegian (from Gardermoen airport) or Ryanair (from another Oslo airport, not Gardermoen), but I had to be at Malaga at a determined time of the day, and when you factor in the luggage, Turkish Airlines was then the most reasonable option. In addition, the friendly and efficient staff, the service standards, catering, in-flight entertainment and onboard comfort on Turkish Airlines (apart from seat pitch) were top notch. The duty free shopping and dining opportunities at IST airport were an added plus. I definitely recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Modigell Christoph    (Kenya)

TK 1956, AMS-IST old aircraft and the so called Business Class an outdated most uncomfortable 'joke' with zero comfort. TK 0673, IST-MBA, the 757 single aisle aircraft is not suitable for long haul flights and the C-Class seats compared to other airlines like KQ or KL which I frequently use on this route of poor standard and lacking comfort. Service run of the mill, food mediocre and run out of choice with selection of 25ml bottled wine - very poor.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by A Turner    (UK)

LHR-IST return. As a frequent business class passenger who has already tried British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Etihad, Emirates, I can only say that this was definitely the worst of them all. Old and run-down seats with parts of the seat torn down and dirty. First part of the trip with newer 777 and angled lie flat but return a recliner like on a premium economy. Serving of the food and the quality more like an economy class and nothing like a business class. Flight attendants OK except one lady on the return who was rude.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by T Thompson    (USA)

From ORD-IST and back in economy. Row 16 and 22 respectively. Our first experience with Turkish. We requested vegetarian meals and a gluten free meal for my sister, we all had excellent food and even had fresh squeezed orange juice (at least on the IST-ORD leg). The seats were comfortable too, with a recline and a second option to slide the seat bottom outward, giving more of a natural reclined feeling allowing better sleep without cramping the person behind you! Hot towels before the meal (I still love these simple things) and Turkish delight before service. The entertainment selection was good, movies could have had a better selection but the music was fantastic. From the overall comfort and food quality I was able to sleep for 5 hours on a 9.5 hour night trip. I never sleep that much in economy! I believe their aircraft's sacrifice a few of the bathrooms for food/beverage/storage. It seems the bathrooms get used a bit more, though there are never lines. The flight crew kept the bathrooms cleaned several times during the journeys. I would definitely fly them again mainly from the food and comfort perspective. When you put that in comparison to the price it works out pretty well.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Juraj Masar    (USA)

From Houston, TX to Vienna, AT via Istanbul and return. I had only 1 hour for the transfer in Istanbul, was told that's not enough time to catch the connection flight. That's plenty of time as you just walk a short distance to the other gate. No traveling to the other terminal needed. The flights were very pleasant by the quality of food (salmon, shrimps even in economy), comfort and flight attendant service on these flights. Porcelain plates, variety choice of food, proper cutlery and napkins, hot towels. Turkish delight at the beginning of the flight. nice menu cart, plenty of drinks and sandwich any time you ask for during the flight. Just the whiskey is not the small bottle was given the glass. Staff very attentive, and even transit at Istanbul was hassle-free. The ticket was like U$ 350 cheaper compare to others airlines flying to Vienna!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by C Anderson    (UK)

MAN-IST-CAN and return. Very pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, comfort and service on these flights. Porcelain plates, choice of food, proper cutlery and napkins, hot towels, no stinting on drinks and water. Staff very attentive, and even transit at Istanbul was hassle-free. What a shame they are phasing out Comfort Class as the 46" seat pitch is far better than most Premium Economy seating. Only quibble is the very high temperature at which the cabin is kept, and lack of individual air control. Would recommend.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Guangzhou-Istanbul-Venice. Guangzhou-Istanbul: Comfort class (Premium Economy). Managed 6 hours of good sleep which is more than OK for me. As usual, the seat is extremely comfortable. I recently got to know that Turkish will discontinue Comfort class product soon. That's really sad as I find it the best Premium Economy product out there on the market. The Istanbul-Venice flight was just a regular uneventful European flight.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by J Konopak    (Poland)

I fly Turkish to IST from several locations in Europe in economy. The airplanes tend to be a bit older and the crew tends to be pretty much the same as most airlines have in economy. Catering pluses are the fresh orange juice and warm meal which most other airlines now forgo, can't speak about the inflight entertainment because I never use it. However, there is one huge negative - the online checking is a mess, giving PNR or e-ticket number works maybe 10% of the time and I'm forced to go to the airport early and queue to get a boarding pass even though I don't have any luggage. This is the only Star Alliance airline where this happens to me, I've checked with colleagues and they all have the same problem, especially on code-share tickets. I've now started to avoid Turkish flights just for this reason as I need to waste about an hour in their huge and chaotic queues at Istanbul which also destroys any potential trip satisfaction.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by M LaPrairie    (USA)

TK8, IAD-IST. Seat 5K, business class. Never again. I have been flying Qatar Airways a lot lately - no comparison. Late departure from IAD. Business cabin felt crowded with narrow aisles. Service rushed. Galleys were noisy with no attempt by the crew to be at all quiet. Seat not good with confusing controls (what does MR and M+ mean in the armrest controls?). Armrests and tray table were unmovable. So what if there’s a crew member wearing a chefs hat. The food was dreadful. Dried out. Overcooked. Tasteless. Terrible seats. Economy and business class passengers all mixed up with no clear delineation between the two cabins. The lavatories are so small that I banged my elbows in the most minimal effort to change clothes. Waste bins full before we'd even pushed back from Dulles and soap dispensers nearly empty. Unreal. Felt like Aeroflot in 1970. Appetizers dried out. I asked the flight attendant what kind of soup they were serving and she didn't know. So much for pre-departure briefings for the crew. Honestly, a poor show for an airline that prides itself on its food. AVOD confusing and boring. Could never find the map. The crew spent most of its time standing at the ‘bar’ looking at all of us like we were monkeys in a cage. Really unbelievable. The soccer stars who are advertising for TK are all flying on private aircraft - make no mistake. If they ever took TK, they soon switch to Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific first class. FAs walking around with their airport IDs badges hanging from their necks - what is that all about? Really disappointed with TK. For all the hype in their advertising, a big letdown. Couldn't get off fast enough. Now have to endure another seven hours to DAR.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Axelsson Sten    (Sweden)

GOT-IST-DAC-IST-GOT on A320, A330-200, back on A330-200 and B738 in Jan/Feb 2015. Mixed review to say the least. Flight delayed from GOT due to bad weather in IST. Middle seat turned down but otherwise standard economy seat and no IFE. Food ok. Arrived late and got a hotel night free of charge at IST since the flight to DAC was next day. Lounge at IST is wonderful and I really felt relaxed before boarding tk 713 to DAC. Old plane, poor IFE, poor service. The lights in the cabin were blinking all the flight and I was worried someone would get an epilepsy attack. no lie flat seat, felt like a plane from the mid-90's. All in all, not a pleasant business class experience. Flight back tk 714 on leased 330-200, this time a newer plane, good service, lie flat, also a leased plane from jet airways. Plane on time and standard business trip. Once again, short visit at the IST lounge which was good and flight from IST-GOT on good intra-europe business class with wide seats, good service since we were only two passengers in the front.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by S Mark    (USA)

Boston-Istanbul-Boston in economy. Excellent fare ($600 round trip). Flights on time. Clean aircraft and seating fine for economy. Good choice of on-demand movies. Flight attendants pleasant and decent food. Recommended.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Castanha Miguel    (Portugal)

Frankly, a disappointment. I flew Turkish Airlines Business Class recently: Lisbon-Istanbul, Istanbul-Seoul, Bangkok-Istanbul and Istanbul-Lisbon, and it was the least satisfactory business class in recent years. In all flights except the Istanbul-Seoul, the cabin and seats appeared run-down and old. The in-flight entertainment was limited and out-dated. The seats comfort was OK, but not more than that. The service was friendly, and the food was OK.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Marc Guillemard    (France)

Flew from Paris to Samsum via Istambul and return, in Economy. From reading previous reviews on this site and others, it seems TA passengers can be separated in 2 categories: Everything went as scheduled, and the performance is highly rated, or something goes wrong and TA customer service is at best non-existent. Luckily I was in the 1st category. In CDG, TA is in the old terminal 1 (not their fault!) which is completely outdated. Departure was a little delayed due to late arrival, but we recovered most of it during the flight. Very recent A321, with IFE (choice not outstanding but OK for a 3.5 hours flight). The crew spoke good English (1 stewardess spoke French), the seat pitch is comfortable (at least 10 cms / 4 " more than AF), the food is fair both in quantity and in quality, with a hot meal and a choice of drinks, including wine and alcohol. A much better service than their French competitor with bus-type cabin and no IFE. The domestic flight was done on a slightly older A320, with even better seat pitch, and here again crew spoke English and served some sandwich and drink. Return was of a similar standard, fresh Turkish breakfast in the domestic flight, good service and acceptable meal in the international flight. Istanbul airport is not at the same level, but it's an other story. Safety demonstrations done in all 4 flights, general condition of the aircraft's from good to excellent. Regarding this trip, I believe TA is in the top league of European airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

LIS-IST, B737-800. Check in OK. Flight on Time. Very large seat, however do not recline so much. Fantastic flight attendants, and very tasty food.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

IST-BKK, A330-300. IST lounge has a new (lower) floor, with new showers. As few people know, showers were immediately available. Very busy and noisy lounge and airport. Boarding lounge was too small. People sitting on the floor. Great seat (real bed), mattress available on demand, really fantastic crew, very efficient, plenty of food, but not very refined and overcooked. Great Champagne (Gosset).

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Cizikova Barbora    (Slovakia)

I was traveling from Washington, D.C, USA to Vienna, Austria yesterday with a layover in Istanbul. It was a long flight however, throughout the both flights I was completely satisfied with the staff service and the quality of food likewise. The flight attendants were very kind, helpful and were approaching customers with a constant smile. The menu included several dishes and beverages. The portions were really big and refills of beverages were very frequent. The overall atmosphere created by the staff and nice pilot are one of the reasons I surely will travel with Turkish airlines again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by J H Steiner    (Austria)

VIE-IST-CMB on A330-300, back on A330-300 and A320. Pitch was not ok, seats on A330 are narrow, hard, uncomfortable, on A320 wider and more comfortable. Service was very good, lots of food in acceptable/good quality. IFE did not work properly on IST-CMB, seat was broken too. Will not travel with Turkish Airlines in Economy anymore but will try Premium Economy.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by P Dyson    (UK)

Flew Business class, LHR to IST and IST to BKK on 26 February and returned on 11 March. Excellent service and food throughout the flights. Only complaint is on the final leg on A321, basically economy seats with middle seat turned down. Extremely uncomfortable seats for over 3 hour flight. Although in flight service was good, no IFE.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by S Kumar    (UK)

Flight from London Heathrow to Mumbai via Istanbul Ataturk Airport. Flight was delayed an hour from London Heathrow. Food serving was haphazard by the cabin crew and food choices were limited towards the end. Cabin crew seem confused and many people were disappointed by the food offered to them. Inflight Entertainment was the only saving grace on these flights with some good choice of movies and other programmes. Overall, Turkish Airlines seemed mediocre and I would avoid Turkish Airlines for future long distance flights.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Christian Brincken    (Germany)

Flight BKK-IST in C in A330-300. Seats okay, a bit narrow, IFE would crash / reboot every 45 mins. Service typical Turkish. No Service oriented thinking, no thinking ahead, they act like robots. Main course awful and boring, appetizers okay. Second meal good. Flight on time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by E Michael    (Germany)

MUC-IST-SSH-IST-MUC, February/March 2015: Very good Service on the MUC-IST flight, good IFE, very good food and fresh Orange Juice, friendly Staff. IST-SSH no IFE due to older plane, flight back good as the others. In compare to other "great" Airlines a very good Service and I would recommend Turkish Airlines as well as Ataturk Airport!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by J Vergaert    (UK)

Kuala Lumpur - Istanbul - Brussels economy. Their A330 is a bit tired, but seating is decent: wide enough, pitch enough, good IFE without a big box under your seat compared to the much-below-standard eco seats in B777 and B787 of some "glamorous" airlines. Food is great, and with my Gold Star Alliance I have access to the superb lounge of IST (just go downstairs to avoid the crowds). Same comments for flight Istanbul to Brussels. Their breakfast spinach scramble eggs is lovely.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by A Jones    (USA)

I flew Comfort Class from IST to JFK. I've always been impressed with the service on economy class Turkish Airlines, so I spent the upgrade for Comfort. I'd compare the legroom and quality of service to domestic American Airlines Business Class. It's nearly business class levels of comfort for about 20% more than economy would've cost me. The food was excellent, I appreciate being given choices for my meals and drinks, as well as having porcelain dishware. The entertainment selection is one of the best I've had on an airline. I first flew Turkish about 2 years ago simply because it was the cheapest option. After experiencing such great service, I only fly them when I'm headed to Eastern Europe/ Middle East.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Halil Oztas    (Germany)

I flew from Frankfurt to Istanbul-Sabiha Gökcen (SAW) and back on B737-800. Both flights started on time and were excellent with good, efficient service. Food was above average and tasty. IFE was poor, only overhead screens. Great value for money. For both flights I paid 142 EUR. Overall, I highly recommend Turkish!

IST-DUS, C, B737-800. Awful! Plane overcrowded, very bad condition of seats, very narrow and little leg space. Crew unfriendly and not dedicated at all. Food boring, no IFE, very old blankets, even pillows limited (in C). Flight on time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by B Filippo    (Italy)

Venice-Istanbul-Guangzhou in Business. Both flights fully booked in all classes. Venice-Istanbul: Airbus A320. Old business class configuration (3 seats, with the one in the middle blocked). Limited entertainment (overhead screens). The all-male crew was nice and attentive. CIP Lounge at Ataturk Airport is amazing with two cons: a bit too overcrowded plus I found Wifi way too slow. Istanbul-Guangzhou on Boeing 777-300. Business class seat is lie- flat with a cozy sleeping set provided. Cabin crew was amazing on this flight. I am always positively surprised by Turkish Do&Co: quality is top-notch (restaurant level) and food is always served in abundance. Will keep recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by E Michael    (Germany)

MUC-IST-SSH-IST-MUC: MUC-IST very good service with great IFE and great food, friendly crew. IST-SSH with no IFE due to old Aircraft but great food (I love their fresh orange juice!) and friendly crew, too. SSH-IST was good at all but no IFE but friendly crew (it is only hard to understand their English). I would recommend Turkish Airlines, they are great and above average. (In compare with other "great" Airlines) IST is not as bad as other people write here, it is an old Airport and 2017, the new Istanbul Airport will be open and IST will be closed.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by N Carrera    (Spain)

Had to do an emergency flight from MLA-BCN, and only ticket I could find last minute was MLA-IST-BCN return, and I am glad I did. The MLA-IST looked bit old, but in perfect conditions, with leather seat. The cabin crew extremely friendly, well groomed. Food was a delight, as was the squeezed orange juice. I can only say good things about Ataturk Airport as well, proper hub. The VIP Lounge left me impressed, I would not mind at all missing my flight and being stuck in that gigantic lounge for a few days.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Pushap Kapoor    (USA)

We just got back to Boston from Istanbul. The new non stop service from Boston to Istanbul is great. Very good seats in economy with 2-4-2 configurations. The food is good but the host and hostesses are, looks like new to the trade. But they do take good care of you if asked. Understanding their English is a problem, even the announcements by pilot were difficult to understand. The ground staff in Istanbul need to learn customer service. It feels like they are doing you a favor. Very curt replies and again very poor language skills. But overall I will take Turkish again from Boston. Such comfortable seating as compared to Emirates.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Saikat Dutta    (USA)

I was traveling from JFK-IST-BOM. The first leg of my journey (JFK-IST) was fantastic! The food was really good. The flight attendants were sober and nice. The later part of my journey (IST-BOM) was okay. The food was satisfactory, but not fantastic. I have traveled in several airlines. I prefer Lufthansa, but due to high ticket price, I booked Turkish, and I am glad that I made the decision. I will highly recommend my friends and family to experience Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Shane Tarr    (Thailand)

I have flown with Turkish Airlines three times in the past year. Once from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh Return (suppose it qualifies as a flight), once from Bangkok to Tel Aviv via Istanbul Return and once from Bangkok to Tashkent via Istanbul Return. All flights were way above average - and I know what I am talking about because in the past 12 months I have flown on TG, QF, VN, SQ, NZ and PX on more than 50 return flights. I actually hate flying but have to fly to my place of assignment but flying Turkish Airlines is very good. Most cabin staff - male or female - are very good to excellent (several among the best I have ever dealt with), the food is very good, IFE way above average and aircraft in very good condition (staff make sure toilets are always kept clean and are up there TG, QF, CX and NZ). My only real grip is rush, rush at transit - Istanbul Airport not the best in the world although Turkish Airlines Lounge must be one of the best - and one of the A321 I flew on from Istanbul to Tashkent had several rows of non-reclining seats (mine 9C) so I must read Seat Guru more carefully in future.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by O Hazan    (USA)

IST-FRA in economy on February 27, 2015. This was a lovely flight, on time, with an excellent lunch. The A321 cabin looks a little worn, and the large seat-back screens weren't as bright as some (and came with low quality disposable earbuds). THY has a chef on board, but it wasn't clear what "cheffing" he was able to do besides helping the flight attendants. The mostly male cabin crew was extremely attentive, and - although I do not drink - I noticed that there was alcohol available.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Xavier Bous    (France)

The check-in and departure time are always chaotic with Turkish Airlines. I flew already 8 times with Turkish and they are usually late. Connections at Istanbul are tight, which is not matching with the systematic delays of Turkish Airways. If you miss your plane, the hotel is provided by Turkish Airlines but the transfer to the hotel is terrible, without mentioning the terrible and unprofessional attitude from the visas service + immigration + info desks at Istanbul Airport. Globally, I would not recommend Turkish Airways. Even if I omit the delay issues and even if the service on board is OK, there is still this something missing that does not make me want to fly again with Turkish Airways - maybe courtesy from their staff. The only point I am impressed about is that, even if Istanbul Airport seems to be an organizational chaos, the luggage is usually arriving at the final destination even when the time between connection flights are tight (of course, if the planes are on time).

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by J Mann    (Germany)

Flew TK 1332, BRE-IST then TK 716, IST-DEL round-trip. I booked the flight quite spontaneously and TK was surprisingly cheap. Having read that TK is quite good, I was a little bit disappointed. Though the food was really great (the Turkish delight is delicious and I like the idea of the fresh orange juice) and I was even given a second menu, the staff disappointed me. Perhaps it was only me but I didn't feel very welcome, their English wasn't always understandable. Furthermore my flight from Bremen to Istanbul was delayed by over an hour and thus getting my connection was definitely exhausting. When the plane arrived at the gate, my last call had already begun. Unfortunately there was no help offered by the FAs. All in all I chose not to recommend Turkish because the onboard product is just average and I prefer airlines being held by more democratic states than Turkey. Nevertheless the flight was quite cheap but in future I will try to avoid them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Asher Michael    (Turkey)

Antalya-Istanbul. I had booked a flight with Miles in Business Class for a date which turned out to be the one when the big snow storm hit Istanbul. Received a text message in the middle of the night, some twelve hours before the flight, announcing that it was cancelled and to contact the airline. I dreaded this but in fact it was not too long a wait and a helpful agent competently booked me on an alternate flight. On arrival at the airport I checked in at the Biz Class area. In the lounge the agents were working very efficiently to get passengers switched to earlier flights as there were about 25 flights to Istanbul over just a couple of hours, and they were helpfully getting passengers away as soon as possible. The flight itself uneventful but on the ground in Istanbul we could feel the pilot applying power to get the aircraft over buildups of snow on the ground. In summary it was a totally chaotic situation which Turkish Airlines handled very competently and professionally.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Adam Solak    (UK)

First flying business class. London to Bangkok via Istanbul. Seat on first leg was not a full recliner but comfortable enough. Second leg the seat was amazingly comfortable. Kept champagne flowing and so much food I missed the second meal on Bangkok leg. Staff were very polite answer attentive. Wish I could afford to fly business class all the time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Christian Brincken    (Germany)

Flew DUS-IST-BKK. First leg in A321 with 2-2 business seat. Wide seats, good, bad decline. IFE only half operational. Lounge in IST has been better, reduced selection of food, furniture very used. On the BKK leg new A330-300. IFE not working on 25% of seats, service extremely slow, took ages to serve. Main course very weak, appetizers ok. Seats full flat, ok. All flights on time, staff always very robotic, no empathy at all.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by P James    (Sweden)

BKK-IST-ARN on A330 and then A321. Flight from BKK late 1h, arrived in IST in the midst of the snow chaos. Landed 2h late then stuck on tarmac for 1h. No gate, so exit in severe snowfall and winds, people in flip flops and t- shirts as this was from Thailand. Shipped on buses finally to terminal in utter chaos as all flights were cancelled. Thousands of people and only 3 TK representatives to help. Took into hotel at own cost, rebooked tickets next morning via phone. Then headed for airport again, flights cancelled again and no help anywhere and of course thousands of angry passengers stranded. TK head office is a place of shame, that gave absolutely no help, actually the sour lady just said no and then called for next in line. Result 2 days in IST from own pocket. Flying business and being star alliance gold gives little in this company when it matters. Even refused to be rebooked on other flights. Needless to say, last flight IST-ARN was 1h late, boarding commenced without communication between gate and crew, so business passengers and others too, stood 20 min outside of plane door, watching crew clean the cabin and stock the food. Quite embarrassing. Was planning another flight with TK in business to BKK but my money goes from now to other carriers.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Sanjay Modak    (UAE)

Flew from DXB-IST-JFK in December 2014 and the return JFK-IST-DXB in January 2015. At check-in in DXB I requested an emergency exit seat for the IST-JFK leg. The rookie check-in agent first said nothing was available but his supervisor stopped by and found one for me. This made the long flight bearable. The flight was packed but the crew were cheerful and efficient and did everything right. Food was so-so - getting a bit weary of the standard kebabs and mystery veggies. The IFE was excellent - far better than Emirates' much touted IFE and better than QR. On the way back, was checked in by a surly female agent at JFK. She couldn't find me an exit row on the A-330 to IST but said she found me a bulkhead one on the IST-DXB leg. The A330 was surprisingly comfortable, much more so that the 777, even for my 6'3" frame and the young lady next to me just curled up and slept the whole way through and was no bother to me. On the home leg, I found that the seat the JFK agent had got me a seat in the row behind the bulkhead! On the 777, with the seats compressed for the 'short-haul' 4 hour flight to DXB, I found sitting was unbearable. I silently cursed this agent and couldn't wait to deplane and get home. Service was once again good and the scrambled eggs were fluffy and tasty. But any satisfaction I got from this was neutralized by the uncomfortable seat and the incompetence of the check-in agent at JFK. This is the second time this has happened to me. A year ago, flying from AGP-IST-DOH, the agent at AGP assured me she had got me an exit row and I found myself directly behind exit row in a non-reclining seat. TK has to train its check-in staff to read the seat map better. Am contemplating a trip very soon to AGP and then later to BOS and wondering whether to fly TK after these twin disasters.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Tibor Palencsar    (Hungary)

Turkish Airlines deserves to be the #1 European airlines! It treats people in the economy class like other airlines treat business class passengers. The food and drinks we received was fantastic, in-flight entertainment is also great (too bad it is available only on selected flights). The only thing I can complain about is the leg space, which could be a bit bigger.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Raymond Desjardins    (UK)

Food was below average. Inflight service below par. There was one very polite cabin stewardess, unfortunately the rest of the cabin crew were very rude. I broke my headset half way through the flight and asked a male cabin crew if he could provide a new one. His response was so arrogant it was quite unbelievable.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Rajashekar Resmi    (Germany)

I flew with Turkish Airways from Munich to Dubai via Istanbul. The tickets were cheap and the service was mediocre. The food was edible but not good. We reached Istanbul a little late and had to run to catch the connection flight. The staff was rude and was blaming us telling that they were about to close the gate and we should be more responsible. Cabin staff were also late to attend to our requests. I recommend the airline if the tickets are really cheap. Else, it is better to consider other middle eastern airlines that are way ahead.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by L Byrne    (USA)

JFK-IST-DHA and return in Jan 15. Be advised that planes have no individual ventilation system and were unexpectedly quite warm on all segments. The planes on all segments were dirty. Leaving Istanbul in both directions the restroom had not been wiped down or restocked. There was trash in the seat pocket, and in one instance on my seat! There was a marked difference in staff treatment of passengers. On US legs the staff were merely uninterested. On the Dhaka leg the flight attendants were actively rude. Though there was no noticeable turbulence on the Dhaka bound leg we were instructed to remain seated and not permitted to go the restroom for 5 hours. The lady in the seat in front of me called the attendant. Three times the attendant came by and switched off the light and left without asking the reason for the call. The fourth time the lady put out her hand and asked for a glass of water. The attendant rolled her eyes and half an hour later brought a half glass. Also delayed takeoff at Dhaka (which seems to be a hallmark of TA judging from these reviews) caused all passengers on the full flight to miss their connections for the night. The only announcement in the cabin at landing at 6pm was to list the connecting gates. But there were no flights until the next day. There was no assistance with arrangements. The lucky people who knew what to do, and had money for a visa, waited 3-4 hours outside the airport for a TA transfer to a hotel. Those without experience or funds wandered the airport all night looking for a helpful TA rep to no avail. Never again. I will pay the extra for Emirates.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by H Jansen    (Denmark)

CPH-IST-BKK-IST-CPH. F&B offerings, seating and IFE decent on all aircraft. Did not encounter one single smile on any staff on any of these 4 flights. Some of the worst I have come across. No personal touch of any kind and staff clearly not interested in their jobs. This is really a shame since hard product of TK is decent, but it all falls to the ground with carelessness of passengers. Will definitely try to avoid TK as good as I can. Lounge in IST was the same feeling - never felt so unwelcome on any Airline before. Price of ticket was good, but would not consider using TK Again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Gregory Michaelsen    (Denmark)

Copenhagen-Istanbul/Istanbul-Hamburg. Overall great service, left on time. Information on board given in poor English. Food and Beverages very good. Impressive Inflight entertainment system on outbound flight. Staff poor comprehension of English language.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by R Prabhu    (USA)

I flew ORD-IST-BOM and back. Checking in and Boarding at ORD was pleasant. The ORD-IST flight left on time and they offered Turkish Delight (sweet) on board with nice touches like hot towels for the face. Istanbul airport is the worst. The gate isn't announced until just 1 hour before departure, and until then, there is hardly any seating, whatever there is, it is for patrons of the overpriced restaurants. At the gate, there was no boarding plan, and no announcements! Just a hoard of passengers moving towards the gate in any random order. The most intriguing factor is their double standard- flights to/from the US serve Turkish Delights and hot towels, have friendly staff who speak good English. On flights to India, they don't serve any welcome sweet or hot towels, and the staff are rude and can barely muster up basic English. On the return trip, this double standard was confirmed. Also, the flights to the US connect the airport with jetways, where as Indian flights have to use a bus! Flights to the US require extra screening which again is done in a totally disorganized fashion, and what's more, our gate changed after the screening, so we had to repeat the screening at the new gate! They ask weird questions, going into much more detail than US immigration ever would, and make you grossly uncomfortable. Our flight was delayed almost 2 hrs out of IST due to this gate change fiasco.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Flight 15, Istanbul-Sao Paulo/Buenos Aires, as usual operated with Boeing 777-300ER. Flew Comfort/Premium Economy class. This was the best long-haul flight I have taken. What impressed me on this flight was the cabin crew: they were smiling, polite, and always there. I felt sick (heavy headache) and two members regularly came to me (flight time was 13.30 hours due to bad weather conditions on the Atlantic) to check if I was feeling better or not. Food by Turkish Do&Co was as always delicious. Price paid was super. I do look forward to my next TK flight which will be in six days.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by R Abdul    (Canada)

I flew Economy from Istanbul to Lahore. My flight was delayed in Istanbul by 6.5 hours but no one informed us until twenty minutes after the flight was supposed to depart. Even then, we had to look at the screens to tell us. Never did an airport representative bother telling us what was happening. We spent two hours walking around the airport like sheep trying to find a single dinner voucher due to the airport staffs incompetence and indifference. Every single staff member in the airport was rude and disrespectful. The one dinner we were offered was a chicken dish that tasted like plastic and was quickly discarded by all of the passengers. Will never fly with Turkish again nor through Istanbul ever again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by F Epple    (Germany)

STR-IST-DOH, TK 1706, A320 (TC-JUK). STR-IST was not as pleasant as previous TK flights: did TK reduce the seat pitch? No more height adjustable head rest, no IFE, not even overhead screens. Service, food, flying were TK standard (which is pretty good) but the narrow seat pitch will have me looking for alternatives if this should become normal. Onward flight to Doha on A321 was normal standard, nice seats, in seat IFE - that's TK I like.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Susan James    (USA)

I flew business class from Istanbul to Los Angeles my seat was 1D. This was flight TK 9. The flight was January 16, 2015. It was wonderful service the best I have ever had. The food was good and served in a nice preparation. The Chef is outfitted in a nice chef outfit and gives you the impression you are in a restaurant. The menu choices were broad and adequate. We had a nice trolley of appetizers, salads, main dish, then the deserts. Good quality and plenty of choices. I like when they offer to make up your bed. The flight attendants are attentive and are always picking up after the passengers. The movie selections were good. Always nice to have free Wi-FI. Turkish airlines have way more comfortable seats than some o the other carriers like British Airlines. I will fly them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by G Penola    (Turkey)

Flew A321, Business class, IST-LHR. Seating was economy seating that was very hard. The food and service in the cabin was excellent, but was let down by the physical cabin environment. Turkish Airlines should really think hard about assigning these aircraft on flights of 4 hours. The seats are not business class and are quite uncomfortable. For the duration of the flight I sat on the pillow. Additionally there was no inflight entertainment. Turkish Airlines can do better than this. I will think carefully before choosing Business Class again on this airline if this type of aircraft is assigned.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by G Penola    (Turkey)

Flew LHR-IST on 737-800 Business Class. Inflight Entertainment was OK. Seat comfort was not great, and the recline angle very small on this aircraft. For a business class seat, it hardly reclines to a comfortable angle for resting. I think Turkish Airlines need to reconsider their business class product on medium hall routes as their long haul business class is excellent. This was rather unsatisfactory.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Rustem Gode    (USA)

I took a trip from Boston to Adana in business class. I find them very hospitable, service was very good. Airbus's could be newer and Istanbul Ataturk airport could be more efficient, passport police were very polite. Very affordable $600 around trip can't be beat.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Mehdi Tahuri    (Canada)

Travelled return trip from Montreal to Tehran with family. Had $600 deal which was great. Impressed with the number of hand outs. They hand out a bag full of slippers, eye and ear covers, toothbrush. They take care of kids very well too. Montreal to Istanbul flight was a newer plane. They are also not picky about a kilo or two overweight which is great. Per pay lounge in Istanbul is free for kids. For $21 you and your children can spend 6 hrs in an all you can eat snack lounge, take a shower and recharge. The negatives were: They put me, my wife and 3 yr old and 6 yr old daughters in completely separate seats in different rows for the 2nd leg. Istanbul airport is simply not large enough or updated enough to transit the volume of passenger its doing. I found the airport staff rude and unhelpful on a couple of occasions. I would still fly Turkish for flights that aren't via Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by A Goodwin    (UK)

We found it unacceptable being placed in a side room being used to re- charge batteries for electric vehicles! A large group of disabled passengers were left in this dreadful room. Only seating was non upholstered dropdown metal seats with a narrow gap between them. There was inadequate space to pass resulting in feet being stood on and legs being banged every time someone needed to pass. When we arrived in Manchester staff had forgotten to request wheelchairs. In all made to feel like third class citizens. Don't accept disabled passengers if you don't want to look after them. There was very little help for us on this airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Cheong    (Netherlands)

Flew back with TK 1955, business class from Istanbul to Amsterdam in a very old 319. Awful plane, so old and dirty. For business class, it was indeed awful - normal economy seat with no entertainment at all.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S May    (Australia)

Flew JFK-MAN in late December, after reading recent reviews I was very hesitant about choosing Turkish. They were the cheapest legacy airlines on this route, besides the slight detour to Turkey, I thought no problem. Being star gold check in at JFK was easy with no waiting, was informed at check in that flight was delayed by an hour due to late arrival of previous flight. I had a 2 hour connection in Istanbul, asked the check in lady whether it'll be a problem, she said no problem plenty of time. Went into Lufthansa lounge, as it was the better option of lounges, very good quality food/drinks and very quiet. Only problem was no monitors for boarding, I proceeded to boarding gate at the time on the boarding pass, and there was a was slight delay. Ended boarded first, aircraft was clean and in good condition A330-300. Sat in the first section of economy in window, finally departed 2hours late due to traffic at JFK, knew I'd be pretty lucky to make my next flight. In-flight service was great, food good quality and plenty of drinks frequently. Only part I could fault was the size of the offerings was on the small side, besides that FA where attentive and helped passengers in every way. I found the onboard chef a bit of a laugh with his hat and outfit but it is a good look and it's a unique product in the industry. I asked one flight attendant what was to happen with my connection when I arrived - no help, just said plenty of flights to MAN daily. Arrival into IST was when my next flight was boarding I thought I might have a slight chance, if gates were close, arrived to a remote stand and we were bussed in. No one was there to help connecting passengers, everyone had no idea where to go, I eventually found the transfer desk. Was put on a flight 5 hours later, no food vouchers offered or compensation or an apology. I used the 'amazing lounge' which would be great with about 50% less people, the lounge was packed, it was struggle to find a table or chairs. I tired to get some sleep somewhere but was unable to. Asked to use shower but there was a 4 hour wait, I said ok because I had five hours, got given a buzzer and waited. Finally boarded MAN flight A320, it was uneventful, good in-flight entertainment, staff were good but less happy than previous leg. Turkish Airlines in-flight product is very good but they really need to work on ground staff and transfers at IST, after that flight I said never again purely because of the transfer.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Rachel Goddard    (UK)

Our flight out of Gatwick was delayed several hours and we were offered no explanation as to why. Some passengers said it was because Turkish Airlines had made errors with the seating numbers. The flight itself was fine, but on landing in Istanbul we had already missed our onward connection to Bangkok because of the first delay. Turkish Airlines staff in Istanbul were rude, not interested, tutted and walked away from people who had been queuing for ages to be seen, they left me and my family including my small son waiting around for 3 hours before we were told we'd have to be put up in a hotel for the night and they couldn't get us on another flight for 24 hours. We had to buy Turkish visa's to get out of the airport which we were assured would be refunded the next day, this was a lie as we were told the next day that they don't do that. I'm not a complainer, really well travelled and incredibly easy going but I have never seen anything like the hostility from staff in Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by J Sen    (USA)

Flights 33 and 34 round-trip from Houston to Istanbul from July 26th, 2014 through August 10th, 2014. They have the best food and inflight entertainment. Their Boeing 777 Cabin is new and looks very nice. They make my flight a real pleasure every time I fly with them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

IST-Paris CDG, Business Class, A330-200. Boarding at extremely crowded and too small IST Airport was a mess. Surprisingly for wide-body airplane, boarding was via buses, in pouring rain, and it took ages to close the doors, which caused almost 50 mins delay. No explanation given. Service not too consistent. Amazing "little touches", like welcome drinks of different selection of juices, pieces of Turkish delights, food was fantastic and it was the best part of the flight. However, plane was quite old and dirty, cabin crew well groomed, but quite robotic, IFE ok, but no Air Show with a map included (which I found very strange, or I couldn't find it for 4 hours). Altogether, Turkish exceeds in catering for sure, but other than that, it is just a regular airline. Flown better.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by B Borg    (Norway)

OSL-IST-MLA return. A widebody A330-200 aircraft operated OSL-IST sector. Excellent IFE (though no moving map channel or display). The dinner service was almost perfect. Very comfortable seat. Shame that eye contact by the cabin crew was almost inexistent and service delivered in a very robotic manner. Flight arrived at IST with a 1-hour delay. All in all a great flight. IST-MLA on a A320 aircraft in Y/C was very good, especially the catering (freshly-squeezed orange juice and lemonade in economy, together with turkish delight at the start of the service - very nice indeed). The crew on this flight was very friendly. In-seat audio IFE and moving map display in small overhead screens. Great flight. MLA-IST in Y/C on A320 aircraft. Good service and very good catering again. In-seat audio IFE not working (even though I tried 3 different seats. There was a moving map display in small overhead screens). The flight landed at IST almost 1hr 15 minutes late. Overall a very good flight. IST-OSL in Y/C on A330 widebody aircraft. Excellent IFE. Very good service, friendly crew, and good catering. A very good flight overall. I'll definitely consider flying TK again. TK must improve customer service culture among its staff (eye contact, smiles, and do away with robotic service). This is why I would rather fly Lufthansa on this route, unless TK has more competitive fares.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Pre - and post - flight experience was terrible! Delayed flight by several hours due to bad weather, no one can give you information on your long-haul connecting flight that I missed and no business class service! Thankfully they make up for it onboard. Even though it's a narrow-body you have a chef onboard and the food is totally outstanding. You (nearly) forget about all the problems you've had until then! The 3.5 hour flight on an older A321-200 has a 3-3 business class configuration where the middle seat is made into a table. Comfortable. But it's the service and food that made the Turkish flight superb.

I'm amazed that a 737-800 can fly 6 hours and 20 minutes, which is how long this flight from Istanbul to Nairobi was. Who knew! This is a brand new 737 with a 2-2 business class configuration. Not flat beds though, just recliner business class seats. Which for such a long flight is a bit of an inconvenience, especially given the tix price. Love having the cook on board. From Turkish delight which is served to you at the very beginning of the flight to your meals ending with strong Turkish coffee, the culinary experience is outstanding. Service was a bit distracted. They forgot the menu. They forgot the toiletry bag. The lights were never really dimmed off on this overnight flight. But ok, it happens some times. This is a great plane for continental flights but am not convinced it works for 6+ hour overnight flights. You're pretty much sleeping upright which is not what you're looking for on such a long flight.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Austin    (UK)

After our trip just before Christmas from Ercan-Munich, 12/12/14, Ercan-Heathrow, 18/12/14 and Heathrow-Ercan, 23/12/14. I can positively state that we will not be flying with them again if we can find an alternative. The flights were late both directions and the Heathrow-Ercan flight was so late we missed the connection and consequently spent 6hrs plus at Attaturk, this is most unsatisfactory from an airline which is supposed to be one of the best.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Dand    (Turkey)

IST-BKK, a flight we were looking forward to but which disappointed. Our domestic connection was very late but we were given no help at all at Ataturk to transfer to the international terminal, in fact an airport staff member tried to prevent us taking the fast route through. The Bangkok flight was listed as only 10 minutes behind schedule so we did not get to the reportedly wonderful lounge but stood in line to board and waited and waited. Flight eventually took off nearly two hours late. Priority boarding OK and a very helpful ground staff who checked that our baggage had been safely transferred. Clean and comfortable Business cabin, A330 300 with flat beds and 2x2x2 configuration. Full cabin, tiny loos. We sat at the gate for more than an hour with no explanation or apology from the flight deck and took off just before 10pm. Cold drinks before take off, champagne after take off, dry tepid towel offered. The meal was good but not fantastic and each course took so long to come. Not to use trolleys in a full cabin may look good but slows things down so much. No proper wine glasses, we were given our second, requested glass of champagne in a large water tumbler! This lack of style and training was obvious at all times. FAs were friendly and obliging but not confident or capable as on many other premium airlines. One had so little English she could not understand us or we her. Good choice of entertainment but the amenities bag was awful. Posh bag, very little inside, no face cream, and the slippers had been used and recycled. Poor storage and FAs had no idea what to do with pillows and duvets once passenger luggage was in the racks. Completed breakfast orders were not collected, but we handed ours over. The hot part of breakfast was worse than any premium cabin we've flown in: flabby white toast, inedible unseasoned eggs. No announcement from the flight deck about our lateness of arrival or apology/explanation of why. No local time check, either and when we asked a FA he got it wrong by an hour! Hope our return trip is better.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Michael Schade    (UAE)

IST-DUS in Y class return. Both flights on time, on ageing, but well kept AB330, decent seat pitch and food. Flight attendants very friendly and helpful. The only downside is the chaotic IST airport - unorganized and not very clean with chaotic boarding. Otherwise one of the better European carrier.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Susan James    (USA)

I flew Turkish Air from Los Angeles to Istanbul in comfort class, row 11, aisle seat. It had no seats in front of me. This area is very roomy. Comparing to BA's seat room this is great. The food was good and you have personal service from a Chef. I had Salmon and for airline food it was great. Love the roomy toilets and porcelain style sinks instead of the awkward metal ones. This airline just seemed roomier. Good movie selection. I like the snacks and hot cloths.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Hagar Shimoni    (Netherlands)

We flew a family of 6 CGK-TLV and TLV-AMS all via IST. First time flying and we were satisfied. Plane departed late from Jakarta but made up in the air and arrived in Istanbul 5min behind schedule and we were on time for our connecting flight to Tel Aviv. It was on a A330, seats felt wider than any other airlines, IFE was good, food definitely better than average airline food and service from the cabin crew was friendly. The plane made a stop in Singapore. IST-TLV-IST on a smaller 319 without IFE, service is ok. IST-AMS on a old very small B737, here the seats felt cramped. Overall, TK is a good airline for the price we paid, we will definitely use them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Sherlock Christopher    (USA)

Great service from the hard working and friendly crew from Washington Dulles to Istanbul flight TK008. I was given emergency exit seat - being 6 foot 6 inches tall it was highly appreciated. The drink selection and quality of food is good - the best I have had on an airline. The plane was clean and bathrooms were well maintained. The service even in economy was of good quality and crew are professional and friendly. I will fly with Turkish again. The crew take pride in their job and go out of their way to accommodate. I enjoyed the blanket, slippers, and inflight entertainment. I continued on to Amsterdam on TK1955 and received the same high quality service.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Christopher Sherlock    (USA)

Istanbul to Washington TK007 on Nov 27,2014. Flight was not full and I had 3 seats to myself in the back of the plane next to the bathrooms and food cart storage closets. This is a busy area but the extra room was worth it. I can only say great things about this airline. The crew work very hard to make sure everyone is well taken care of. Turkish delight at beginning of flight is a nice touch. Drinks were served throughout the trip and were of good quality. The food was of excellent quality for an airline and all in all I really like the feel and modern, clean design of the cabin. Seats appeared to be new and were comfortable. I had plenty of room for my knees which was a relief being that I am 6.5 feet tall. In flight entertainment system and film selection is top notch. I was so thankful to have chosen this airline as the price was a great deal and the staff were professionals. Landed Thanksgiving evening right on time. What more could you want in an airline. The Turks have been known for well over a thousand years for their hospitality.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Ali    (UK)

Excellent friendly crew from BHX-IST-DAC. Prompt service and on return. Only drawback is transit time as short layover of 1h 30mins, chances are slim for connecting flight and gates closing by the time you've cleared all security, passport control checks.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

GRU-IST, 19/12. Could not upgrade to Premium Economy as the flight was overbooked. I have to say this is the first time I felt like the cabin crew did not care that much for passengers. Food was also of a lower quality than usual. Istanbul-Venice, 21st December. Flew on a 738 with no private screen. Cabin crew was fantastic on this flight. We had a serious emergency case aboard while approaching Venice and flight attendants showed a very high level of professionalism.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Michelangelo Spano    (Italy)

TK 1862: Rome-Istanbul (Boeing 737-800) TK 578: Istanbul-Asmara (Airbus A321-200) / TK 579: Asmara-Istanbul (Airbus A319-100) and TK 1865: Istanbul-Rome (Boeing 737-800) in Business class. The seat comfort on three segments was slightly disappointing as the seats were identical to economy class ones just the middle seat blocked off, with the sole exception of the IST-ASM flight that featured the new business class configuration. The food offered on board by DO&CO was fresh and generous in both quality and quantity, without being to overwhelming. The ambience and general service on board was genuine and of high standard, without being too pompous as with most premium products. The cabin crew were extremely polite and professional, and most seemed to be warm and quite friendly. Ataturk Airport is wide and spacious offering all functioning facilities, the security procedures are very lenient and quickly handled with no hassle or long waiting. The customer service staff at Ataturk Airport are satisfactory as most don't seem very keen to assist you, although they do their jobs. Turkish CIP Lounge at IST is very accommodating offering a soothing environment with generous food offerings and comfortable ambience. Flights landed and departed more or less on time. Only downside no priority boarding.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by M Ahmed    (USA)

Istanbul from Houston (U.S.) and vice versa. Good planes with acceptable seats comfort, good food/beverages but their staff at the airport and onboard were pretty rude. Overall I will give the Turkish airlines acceptable/average scores just because of their "Value for Money" and "Inflight Food Services". For Staff Service I would give them zero.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Licht    (Finland)

Helsinki - Istanbul - Cape Town. Service and food in economy were great in modern day standards. Multi-course dinner with wine and spirits served even on the 3-hour Helsinki-Istanbul -flight. Seats were common narrow economy seats and not that comfortable for longer flights, leg room quite poor. FA's were mostly bit robotic and busy, but also friendly every now and then. Nice touch with the amenity kits and slippers on the long flight to South Africa. Good value for money.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by A Jimenez    (USA)

TK33, Economy, IAH to SSH via Istanbul on November 21 and again November 30, 2014. TA exceeded my expectations in all aspects of the flight. Food on the flight was abundant and of a very good quality. Staff were attentive and helpful throughout the whole flight. Inflight entertainment was varied with pretty good choices. Seat was ok but after a 14 hour flight everything seems a little uncomfortable I guess. The only negative was perhaps the craziness encountered at Istanbul Ataturk airport and the uncaring attitude of people at the airport. TA is pretty good value for money and I will not hesitate to use it again in the near future.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by L Brown    (UK)

All flights on time Edi to Istanbul to Singapore and back. Disappointed with 1st flight no welcome on board and certainly no smiles, only 6 passengers in business class. 2nd flight lovely welcome, smiling staff, food excellent lots of tasty dishes, small helpings and freshly prepared. The not so good safety Video was inaudible, no demonstration by staff in the aisles. Features of the seats not pointed out. Hot clothes handed out after the first serving of the meal. Arrived with trays before putting out tables and not at all pleased when I was unable to pull the tray up. No inflight entertainment on the flights Edinburgh to Istanbul and back. No priority boarding. Istanbul airport huge difficult to find your way about and staff rude and very unhelpful. Still using buses to take you from plane to airport.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Graham Ian    (Netherlands)

After my outward bound flight from Amsterdam to Kathmandu (TK1952 and TK726) I was ready to write a rampage of discontent if the return flight was anything as bad. For almost a month, from mid-November, the Istanbul-Kathmandu sector had never been less than four hours late, except for two or three days when it left Istanbul two hours early! On the day we travelled there was a six hour delay, meaning we had to wait at Istanbul airport for 10 hours. No excuse or apology was offered. When we eventually boarded they had changed the aircraft from the day before when we had booked our seats online, so we found ourselves sitting in seats next to the toilets and with no recline. There was also no IFE. Clearly the aircraft was from another era. An hour after we eventually took off (0200) and when I was finally nodding off to sleep, I was rudely awoken by one of the crew and offered breakfast - at 0300! I was also offered wine with breakfast! So it was with some trepidation that I awaited my return journey, fully expecting a long delay and wait at Kathmandu Airport, which is no pleasure! Fortunately from two days before my departure the flight was running on time. What a different experience. A new(er) plane that had IFE, an excellent service from the cabin crew on both flights. Why travellers to Kathmandu were singled out for such delays when nearly all long haul flights are on time remains a mystery. Because of the risk of it happening again I would not fly Turkish Airlines to this destination, but otherwise I find them more than acceptable.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by R Chalmers    (UK)

Good service from crew on Dub/Istanbul leg in newish 737. Istanbul to Tbilisi on Airbus. On return to London via Istanbul flight out of Tbilisi was cancelled due to fog. Turkish airline staff did a good job re routing everyone on next flight or an alternative. Generally speaking I find Turkish Airlines quite acceptable.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Hirst Mark    (Finland)

KTM-IST-HEL 8/12/2014. KTM flight delayed by 3 hours no apology or reason for the delay was given. Upon arrival at IST I was sent to a hotel for the night as I had missed my connecting flight to Helsinki. I was re booked onto the flight the following morning. I arrived in Helsinki 19 hours late. Overall I found the food and aircraft its self to be good but the organisation and quality of the people working for Turkish airlines to be very poor. Do not book with Turkish airlines if you would like to receive any type of acceptable customer service.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by G Harris    (UK)

Turkish Airlines staff are normally brusque and indifferent but when one of their flights is delayed, they really excel themselves in terms of inscrutable disdain. Firstly, TK0805 to Istanbul (5/11/14), the cabin crew didn't seem to think anyone had the right to know whether we were going or not. When we finally took off over an hour late, they were affronted that passengers might want to know if we were going to meet the connecting Turkish flight to London. So, not having an answer, and not seeming to care, they just blithely said, 'yes, it'll be held'. Everyone rushed to the gate. Low and behold, it wasn't held. Sent from pillar to post to interact with various other stony-faced employees who frankly, don't care. Not a single person ventured an apology.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Michael    (UK)

Brussels to Istanbul. The plane was clean and smart and the staff were helpful and well turned out. Standards of English from staff were also very good. The food was very tasty. The inflight entertainment didn't appear to work in any seat on the inward flight, though it was good on the outward flight with a decent choice of movies and TV shows. You are offered a piece of Turkish delight after take off which is a nice touch. Turkish Airlines is significantly better than its home airport.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by I Thernot    (Germany)

TK60 from IST to KUL in economy. Food and beverage service was as good as the food itself, definitely 4-star standard. However, the crew had a new trick which I have not seen before: One of the two front lavatories was reserved for crew use. It was clearly visible from my seat that the crew locked the door from the outside after they were finished using it. Reducing the number of lavatories on a plane is not a good idea. To add insult to injury, the crew never bothered to clean the passenger lavatory, resulting in an abundance of overflowing sewage. Wrote to the airline and did not receive any type of response. I recommend taking rubber boots on your next TK flight.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by M Asher    (Turkey)

Istanbul-London Heathrow. Bus to the aircraft – happens so often these days at Istanbul. The chicken meal had run out by the time the cart reached me. Meal I had was good and I relaxed for the rest of the flight. On descent they announced that they would come round for newspapers cups etc but they did not. During the taxi to the gate people started getting up all over the aircraft even though there had been an announcement not to do so, but none of the crew attempted to stop them. Luggage was already on the carousel when we arrived. The flight itself was good but efficiency of the crew in my area was appalling.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Kovak John    (Australia)

I flew business Dublin to Bangkok via Istanbul. First leg of the trip was ok, on par with premium economy but no business class. The leg from Istanbul to Bangkok was the worst flight I have had. We arrived late into Istanbul from Dublin and were running late to catch the connecting flight, aircrew told us that ground staff were waiting to escort us once we had disembarked, well once we had been dumped by the bus at the terminal gate there was no staff to help, just the usual mess in Istanbul. We eventually found our gate which lucky for us was running late. So as business class we had priority boarding but in reality this was only onto to the bus which then with everyone else on the flight dumped us in the pouring rain at the rear of the aircraft and we had had to fight our way through to our seats at the front. We took our seats and after some time were offered some water or juice – same as economy. There were 5 airline staff looking after a full business class plus the 2 chefs. The service offered did not reflect. About half an hour after take off face wipes were offered, however mine was cold and smelt -–not offered a replacement. We were offered a drink, I chose champagne which when arrived hardly wet the glass with the quantity given and was warm. A short time later the meal was served which was ok and edible. I managed to get 2 glasses of wine from the crew during the meal. Crew were in a hurry to get your trays packed away and 2.5 hours into the flight all alcohol was locked away and never seen again. Crew took themselves of to hide behind their curtains and not to be seen until 2 hours before we landed when a miserable breakfast was served which I had not ordered. There was 1 business class toilet to service the crew and passengers and the crew seemed to have it in use 80% of the time in the last hour when most passengers were also trying to use it. There were no amenities in the toilet, hard paper towels, no small cups, sink was filthy, floor wet. Finally after disembarking in Bangkok, getting through customs etc quickly through to the baggage carousel, I expected that our bags would be out quickly as we had priority baggage, no they came out last and after just about every one else had left the Airport. I have flown Turkish economy before and have found them to be very good and thought that business class would be good but it was awful.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by D Parsons    (USA)

Flew IAD-AMM and return from Malta to IAD in November. Flew Business Class round trip. Can't say enough good about the flights as everything from check in to landing went on-time, smooth with excellent service both on the ground and in-flight. Considering that I saved over $1000 per person on this routing compared to BA, LH and any of the domestic carriers - their in-flight service was far superior to the other transatlantic carriers I've flown over the past 25+ years. Would compare their service to Cathay Pacific. The meal service was outstanding. I've never had meals of this quality before on any airline in First or Business Class. You have to experience it to believe it. Great value for the price I paid and the wonderful service received. Any future business I have going that way - I'm sure to fly Turkish again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Milan - Istanbul (Airbus A330) and Istanbul - Sao Paulo (Boeing 777-300). Both flights left and made it on time. Brand new A330 and nice 773. Amazing food, as always. These are my 10th and 11th Turkish Airlines flights since August, and I have nothing to complain about so far. I was a Lufthansa/SWISS frequent flyer but now always choose TK whenever possible.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by M Ritter    (Germany)

We flew Frankfurt-Istanbul-Nevsehir return in Oct 2014. First legs were in time, flight Cappadocia-IST started half an hour later, arrival IST-FRA was 2 hours late. It would have been nice if they had offered water to the people who were boarded half an hour after the flight schedule time and had to wait on the plane another hour till the doors were closed. During the flight, beverages were generously offered, food (2 choices) was very pleasant. Cabin well cleaned and staff friendly. Only thing we did not enjoy was the entertainment. Program in general very mainstream, few interesting movies. No German films, not a single film with German audio or subtitles. Original English or American films hard to understand because of cheap earphones. English subtitles would have helped very much, but there were none.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Bailey Paul    (UK)

TK1996 and TK68, 6 October. Recently flew Manchester to Bangkok I can say that everything was excellent. Have been flying with them for many years and the overall quality has not waned. I can recommend them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Jones    (Japan)

We used Turkish on 5 segments for a group trip where many members arrived in IST for a 2 week trip. Of the 22 members of the group, who arrived from all corners of the world, nearly everyone had a story about Turkish failings. Business class on TK46 from IST to KIX was a perfect example. Plane was a beat up 330-200. Boarding was a mess. Loaded onto a bus in IST in the rain. Driven around the tarmac for 15 minutes to our plane. All passengers loaded through the rear of the plane on a mobile jetway, in the rain. To get to the business cabin we had to 'swim upstream' to our seats. After settling in to 4a and 4b (in the beat up cabin) discovered that the toilets (tried to find a clean one of the 4) had not been cleaned. The cabin crew could not be bothered. The seats are not lay flat. The remote did not work. Don't believe the hype.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by R Dee    (USA)

I had a short 2-hr flight from Naples to Istanbul, before transferring to JFK-NY. It was a full flight and they were far over their overhead storage capacity, by about 8 carry-on suitcases. Often you'll be a few spaces short, but I've seldom seen that many. I imagine the problem was caused because the airline check-in agent was not enforcing the 1 carry-on, 1 personal item (which is to be pushed under seat or held on your lap) policy. This is negligence on the airlines part. However, the flight attendants did the right thing by keeping on the carry-on luggage onboard, and not putting it beneath the plane, therefore allowing us to be on our way quickly. They offered excellent service with full meal, alcoholic beverages and newspapers offered free on a 2-hr flight. The service on the flight from Istanbul to JFK was also quite good. However, for whatever reason, they did not allow you to pick your seat when you book (at least the system didn't when I tried), so as I result I got stuck in a middle seat, which I always try to avoid.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by CJ Stewart    (UK)

Avoid this airline and avoid any transit through Istanbul. Recently flew with Turkish Airlines LHR-IST-TLV-IST- LHR. Cabin crew are cold, unfriendly and indifferent to passengers. I was on a scheduled connection home from TLV via Istanbul with a one hour connection time. By the time the aircraft parked, offloaded passengers and we cleared security in the transfer lounge, I arrived at the gate 10 min before he next departure time only to be told that the flight had closed and I couldn't board. I was given a seat on the next flight home to London (1 hour 40 mins later), only to arrive in LHR with no luggage! Turkish Airlines is chaotic and so is Istanbul airport. Terrible airline and terrible airport!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Nettleton Jonathan    (France)

50 minutes late pushing back on the Paris to Istanbul leg and again on the return it was 50 minutes late. Pleasant food but business class seats the same as economy. Rather disappointing as very expensive. The staff were polite.