Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by G Leandro    (USA)

Flew from IAH-IST on November 23rd. Flight attendants yell from one side of the aircraft to the other while passengers try to rest. If this is Europe's Best Airline, I can only imagine the other ones.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by A Arriens    (Netherlands)

IST-AMS, A332. Friend and I were in the CIP lounge where the staff remind you to keep track of your own flight status. We had plenty of time, arrived at the lounge 2.5hrs, prior to departure. At 1.5hr prior to departure I went for a smoke and the flight status was not open. After 10mins when I returned, the status was last call. This was a bus gate boarding and was really unsatisfactory. Beware of this. I would fly TK again, but this was a terrible experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by G Thompson    (South Africa)

Flew Istanbul - Tel Aviv, return, 09/11/2013, returned 16/11/2013. Fantastic flights, which were largely fill in both directions. Food was first class, and service very attentive. My first flight on Turkish, and will definitely use them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Fang Jun    (China)

I flew to Istanbul and back to Shanghai. On the first leg the flight was delayed 1 hour. When boarding was completed, the flight was delayed another 40 mins due to air traffic control. I found a travel kit and slippers on the seat. Inflight wi-fi was not working. Food was quite good, but no Chinese meal. Cabin crew worked very quickly and cleaned the toilets regularly. It was very cold in the cabin, no one paid attention to it. On the way back the flight was on time. The other things were almost the same. Cabin crew and ground handling agents at Istanbul airport worked fast but did not seem to want to communicate with customers.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Altaf Shaheda    (Germany)

Whereas they claim to be Europe's best airline, their ground services are appalling. My flight TK60 on 19 November to Kuala Lumpur was supposed to have left at 00.55 was delayed 6 hours. I landed in Istanbul at 22.20 from Germany to avail of the connecting flight. It was a nightmare to be stuck in Istanbul airport to face their most unprofessional and rude ground staff. A meal voucher was handed to me around 2.00 as though they were doing me a big favor. I have found their ground staff from security personnel to customer service very rude. Most airlines depend more on their economy passengers for profit. The rude attitude towards their economy passengers mar their slogan of being a 4 star airline. I will avoid Turkish airlines in future.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by P Bischoff    (Turkey)

IST-GVA-IST. No problems except the utterly uncomfortable seats and the heat in the airplane. Although it is a short flight, sitting 3+ hours in the their A320 seats is a torture, the pitch must have been adjusted by the millimetre to squeeze in one or two more rows. Seats are hard and although I am of average height my knees toughed the front seat. The crew were, as previously experienced on THY, dull and not particularly friendly. Smiles are rare, unfortunately. I do sometimes take this flight as it is the only direct connection between GVA and IST, the option is with LX via ZRH but although it takes more time, flying with Swiss is way more comfortable and you have a friendly crew.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by K Bakor    (Hungary)

I was flying from Europe to Shanghai, than back from Kathmandu. On the first leg of my journey, I was really amazed by the quality and quantity of food and drinks. On the way back, the menu was considerably simpler, but still satisfactory. Seats allow relatively good sleep, plentiful movies offered on personal screen. Free inflight WiFi on the Shanghai route.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2013 by J Novak    (Czech Republic)

Travelling from Prague to Skopje through Istanbul and back. A319 + A320 provided very small room for legs. Cabin staff were not very pleased with my answer about missing pork meals. Sorry, Turkish, if you want to be "world- class", no favouring of any customers is a natural thing. Very bad experience at all.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2013 by C W Farlow    (UK)

I have flown Turkish Airlines several time this year and last! I have some current business in Turkey and Tanzania and used TA for these trips. The aircraft's were good, the staff were good - couldn't fault them. However the food is the worst I have had on an aircraft. No more long flights with them! Only short so no need to eat.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Rob Bloom    (Switzerland)

Flew from Zurich (ZRH) via Istanbul (IST) to Tokyo-Narita (NRT) and back. One of the flights got cancelled, resulting in a 9-hours-stop-over in Istanbul. However, the staff was very nice and helpful with rebooking to another flight. The flights were all comfortable, nothing to complain about. The seats could be a little bit bigger. The food was good, the entertainment on board during the flight from IST to NRT was very good, with a good selection of movies. I would definitely recommend Turkish Airlines, great value for the price!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by B Jewell    (USA)

Flew Turkish Airlines round trip from IAH to IST on a 777 in late October/early November 2013. The service and food were good. The entertainment system was very good. I had a personal video screen with good choices on movies, including several recent ones. Also had games and TV shows. However the Wifi was not working on my return flight. The seat was very uncomfortable in economy. I am 5'10" and my knees were up against the seat pocket. I have never seen so little leg room on an international flight. The plane was too warm. The plane did not have individual temperature or air adjustments.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Paul Bailey    (UK)

Flew from Bangkok to Manchester on 16 November in business cabin on one of their Boeing 777 aircraft. The seating was fabulous, I had my own private suite. The food was outstanding as were the cabin crew. If Turkish Airlines maintain this overall very high standard a five star rating would be awarded very soon. A delightful experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Abas Sayilov    (Ukraine)

Istanbul - Tunisia return. Both flights comfortable and on time with reasonable leg room. Having the seat-back screen and the movie playing right up to touchdown on the return flight was something new for us on this airline. The food as is usual with Turkish, was very good and the service was good too, although I wish they'd relax and be a bit more smiley. My husband needed a wheelchair with very little notice and they and both airports coped very efficiently and with kindness.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by M Hughes    (Germany)

Having an early morning meeting in CAN I booked a Business Class ticket but when I boarded they showed me to an economy seat, saying business was full. Before my return flight, I called the call center to try to resolve this, and to not have this again. The woman could not speak English or German very well and was very rude. I asked her for her name and she hung up on me. I did have Business on return but still felt I had been conned into paying business for Eco class on the way out.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Niall    (Australia)

Milas/Bodrum to IST at the end of October. The airport at Milas seems relatively new. Check in staff pleasant and efficient. Lounge was good for a regional airport. Cabin crew very good.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Joseph Lambert    (UK)

Tel Aviv - Istanbul - Edinburgh. Both flights on older 737s - very little leg room, IFE on small, overhead screens too far away to see. I think IFE on the (short) Tel Aviv - Istanbul sector was a documentary about golf. Food on the Tel Aviv - Istanbul leg was a cold chicken salad, Istanbul - Edinburgh was a warm breakfast. No choice. Service good. Flights early/punctual. Generally okay - much cheaper than the competition.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax