Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by M Sayin    (Canada)

Extremely pleasant flight. Despite all weather issues, our flight took off and landed on time in Toronto. In- flight free wi-fi is definitely the best. The meals were so tasty and fresh. They treat you like a guest rather than a customer. This was the first time I was on a Turkish flight and I would recommend it to anyone. The best airline in Europe, indeed!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Flora Dempster    (UK)

I have nothing but praise for this great airline. Meals provided and drinks included. They have always left on time. They are great value for money. I have travelled from Edinburgh to Istanbul then onto Ercan North Cyprus. Would be good if there was not such a long wait between flights - 4.5 hours. Have just booked for April / May and see there is a new connection on the way back, leaves Ercan at 9.45 and connects in Istanbul with only aN hour and a half change over.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Mark Evans    (UK)

London Heathrow to Odessa (Ukraine) return. The only positive was that the leg room is actually fairly decent. However: Online check in is a time consuming and laborious process. It is a completely pointless exercise as we had to queue for almost an hour to have the ground crew re-check us in for the flight and take our bags. Staff both on the ground and in the air were surly and miserable. My seat on the flight from LHR-IST was broken and did not lock in any position, which was deeply uncomfortable. On the same flight my partner's TV was broken and did not work at all. It took the flight crew almost 1 hour 40 minutes to serve a drink. Transfer arrangements in Istanbul can only be described as a complete and utter shambles. No clear directions, people everywhere being funnelled into a small security check area. On the way home we were told to go and join another random queue for a further passport check. Whilst at the gate in IST the flight to Odessa was delayed by an hour with no staff whatsoever in sight. The planes are filthy both inside and out.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by G Beckenkamp    (Germany)

DUS-IST-KUL and return in Economy. DUS-IST and IST-DUS by A320/321. Very crowded and the cabin crew didn't bring discipline into boarding, deboarding and inflight behavior. All natural chaos with people standing/talking while fasten seatbelt-sign was shown, passengers with much more than 1 piece of (bulky) hand luggage, children without seats, pax standing up just after touching the runway - nobody seems to care. Experienced cabin crew, checked seat belts with loud and clear announcements from the flight deck - in Turkish and English. In addition: excellent catering (outgoing IST) by DoCo. Overall: certainly one of the better competitors in the skies - still a lot to improve.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by D Phillip    (USA)

Houston-Mumbai return. Seat assignment is very difficult and boarding process at the gate is very chaotic. There are no set rules and agents can not control the crowd for orderly boarding. Economy seats are very uncomfortable and food service is mediocre and quantity served is inadequate. Will not travel this airline in future.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

ZRH-IST-ZRH. The crew were marvellous on both flights. The service was top notch for a 2.5 hour flight. Hot meal served on both flights and this in Economy. Headsets were offered and a movie (overhead screens) was shown and drinks service on both flights were superb. Open Bar, coffee, tea, water rounds were offered. I am looking Forward to my next flight.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Pearson Christine    (UK)

Dublin to Istanbul, 27 Dec returning on 1 January. Outgoing flight TK 1978/27, return flight TK 1975/01. Great service, staff and entertainment. Couldn't fault this airline and I am a frequent flyer. Would definitely recommend using their services again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Kerry Clarke    (New Zealand)

September 2013 on a return trip from New Delhi to Istanbul. The plane, food, service were all way below what I expected, the plane was so old I was surprised it was still in service. I took a return trip from New Delhi to Rome - via Istanbul. At that time I raved to friends about the quality of the plane, flight everything. I was shocked when my experience this year was so bad. Staff didn't want to be on the plane it was so bad. I would like to try Turkish Airlines again when I travel in September this year - how do I know whether I get a good plane or a bad one. I have said I would recommend the airline again because my first experience was so good - would advise people to be cautious though.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Sabeen Obaidullah    (UK)

I took a business class flight from London to Karachi via Istanbul leaving on 15th December 2013 and returning on 4th January 2014. Going in December the London to Istanbul leg was on par with the business class for other carriers I had flown with, both in terms of the seats and the service. For the Istanbul to Karachi leg (5 hours) the seats were essentially comparable to economy class seats for other airlines I have taken (e.g Emirates, Qatar Airways, Oman Air) , both in terms of width and maximum pitch. This was the case for the entire return journey, both from Karachi to Istanbul and from Istanbul to London. Essentially I feel as if I have paid for a business class ticket but received economy class seats! I certainly wasn't feeling refreshed after a holiday to go straight back to work. I would not advise anyone to use Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Joe O Connor    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew Jeddah-Istanbul-Dublin December 2013 and returned by reverse route January 2014. Business class is a joke. Seats and legroom shocking on both Jeddah Istanbul legs, and no inflight entertainment. Disgraceful when compared to alternative carriers. Customer service via website also dreadful.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Makris Emmanouil    (Greece)

ATH-IST-DXB and MCT-IST-ATH on A320,A321.All flights on time. Food and beverages above average and that's the only positive. FA's with poor knowledge of English had a typical and cold smile trying to serve the meal fast and then disappear. Seat comfort and legroom very poor. PTV's on A321 ok but on A320 not at all, not even on the roof! Finally we had to wait about 4 hours both inbound and outbound in a chaotic transit in Istanbul with not even one chair to sit on. Terrible. TK is advertised as the best European airline, but after my experience, well, what can I say.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 January 2014 by T Malik    (UK)

TK0710 and TK0711. The service from Istanbul to Islamabad and Islamabad to Istanbul is very poor. On 30th December 2013, Islamabad-Istanbul flight I found the cabin crew very rude. Their understanding of English was poor. They kept missing seats while dropping food trays. For a 5 hours plus flight, the single aisle plane was not comfortable. With no personalised seat mounted entertainment I feel sorry for families travelling with kids. One toilet was not working, there were long queues for the only other working toilet for economy class.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by A Bevan    (UK)

Business class LGW-IST-BKK / BKK-IST-LHR. Having read several reviews particularly around the level of business class service, we were somewhat apprehensive prior to travelling. In the event, we found the overall product to be high quality and at an operational level all flights departed on time and allowed connections to be made easily. It is true that its down to you to request drinks throughout the flight, but requests were met in a friendly way. In fact there was certainly no lack of friendliness or smiles from the cabin crew, unlike other reviews on this site. Comfort levels were great in the A330 flat bed sectors, the London to IST sectors on the A321 compare very favourably to other carriers short haul business class. The lounge at IST is also to be highly commended, although very busy (xmas). Overall we were very satisfied all round and would use them again and would recommend.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by M James    (Italy)

Got a very cheap discount ticket from Milan (Italy) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and return. Each sector was on time and operated by an aircraft with decent legroom. Meals on board were excellent, more bistro than airline food! Transiting at Istanbul airport is as painful as getting through packed Gulf hubs (as Doha and Abu Dhabi), but this is the unavoidable part of the journey! Just two cons: Most of cabin crew and ground staff at IST have really basic English skills. In Dec 2013, online check-in was not available at KL airport, making the pre-flight experience a bit hectic. However, by best Europe/SouthEastAsia travel experience so far!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by A Ferguson    (Singapore)

MAD-IST-SIN in business class, Dec 27th. TK use a shared AENA run lounge in Barajas T1 but it's spacious and food/service offering has just been improved and is good, but seats are really old and need a good clean. Flight to IST in brand new 737-800 with comfortable 2-2 seating. Good inflight meal and entertainment. Transfer in IST was horrific - poor signs and the transit for VIP passengers is not highlighted so easy to miss. Miles of walking and it looked like a building site. The lounge was simply overcrowded and staff at reception had an "I don't care attitude". Onward flight boarded early, no separate line for business class and departed on time. Inflight service and airline image ruined by an inept crew that messed up the service and were shoddy. This is a shame as the product could in principle be very good but we'll not fly TK again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Prakash Neupane    (USA)

Chicago - Kathmandu- Chicago. Poor to fair inflight service. IST-KTM flight delayed. Return flight KTM-IST delayed, missed connecting flight. Ground staff very rude, took 4 hours to find where to go. Some passengers with me spent night on airport chairs. They changed my connecting flight booking from Chicago to Kansas city. I nearly missed the flight. Ground staff got angry when passengers did not understand when their names were called.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Xue    (Australia)

IST to Gatwick London on 25th, as a Gold member with other Star Alliance airlines, they did not provide a priority baggage handling tag. Lounge at IST was excellent but far too busy, at least 10 mins to find a seat and another 10 mins to queue for the foods. If you want to have a shower, you may need to wait 90 mins. From London to Istanbul on 30th, I was not allowed to use the lounge, not allowed to increase check-in baggage allowance, and could not check my bags to my final destination. When I re-checked my bags in Istanbul, they would not check-in my bag again to Melbourne, only to Singapore, asked me to re-check them in Singapore. After I arrived in Singapore, I checked with ground staff of Singapore airlines who helped me to re-direct my bags to Melbourne and I did not have to do it myself again. The cabin service with TK: staff very unfriendly and do not want to provide services at all. The toilet was disgusting. Only good thing about TK is that they provide a good travel kit.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by H Gorgulu    (Turkey)

IST-SZG (Salzburg) - IST. Outbound with A321, inbound A320. Crew friendly and smiled during the flight. Food was excellent. Departures on time and even though I am 1m 80 legroom was satisfactory. Just because some of the aircraft's are old, you may not have a personal entertainment system which is not so much a problem with short haul flights.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax