Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by E Nazmiye    (Netherlands)

Flew Amsterdam - Istanbul, return. Fantastic flight, food was first class. I was really amazed by the quality and quantity of food and drinks. The service is very attentive. Seats allow relatively good sleep. Nothing to complain about. great value for the price. Not my first flight with Turkish airlines, and definitely not the last one.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by O Vuorenmaa    (Finland)

We flew Helsinki-Istanbul-Kigali and Mombasa-Istanbul-Helsinki recently. The online booking and check-in was easy, the website is very user friendly (no OLCI at Mombasa though). The planes on HEL-IST-HEL were Airbus equipment, one older and one new with state-of-the-art entertainment system. The older one had only overhead screens showing flight tracking only. The seats were a bit cramped, could have more legroom. On African sectors brand new B 737-900ER were used. These planes are very comfortable, leather seats with good legroom and big seatback screens with latest movies. I must say that they were nicest on-aisle planes I ever flown with. On all sectors the meal and drink service was very good, cannot remember when I last could select my meals from menu card in economy class. The cabin service was professional and friendly. Some lack of cabin discipline though, people were allowed to walk around and tray tables were used immediately after take-off. All flights arrived on-time and bags delivered. As all flights were normal I cannot comment how the problem situations are handled. For us the round- trip was perfect and I have no hesitation to use Turkish again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Yong    (Malaysia)

MAN-IST-ICN. First time flying with Turkish Airlines. Booked my flights in June and travelled in December. Itinerary showed B739 and B773 but ended up flying in B738 and A340. The B738 was old and there was overhead screen for entertainment for MAN-IST, a 4 hour flight. My seat's earphone plug-in was spoilt, therefore inflight entertainment was as good as non-existed. IST-ICN flight entertainment was good but limited choices. Amenities were given on the IST-ICN flight which includes eye mask, lip balm, ear-plugs, socks and slippers. The cabin was warm for some reason, it was not like other airline's where the cabin would be cold. Food was tasty but not delicious. Service was average. Rarely notice any drink rounds on the 10 hour flight but they provided a bottle of water after meal. Witnessed a cabin crew just switched off a passenger's call button and walked away even before the passenger manage to speak. Overall, Turkish Airlines was not as good as I expect from a top 10 airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Selim Yalvac    (USA)

Overall the flight from IST-IAH was very comfortable. The leg room and the comfort class seats were very comfortable. The only criticism I have is that the flight attendants never walk around for drink refills. For wine enthusiasts like I am, this means you have to constantly ask for refills. Entertainment system was outstanding.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

FCO-IST-ADS-IST-BCN over a 4 day period early December. A320 or 737 aircraft - all in decent shape. Seat comfort is fine and on the 737s the leg room was larger then some premium economy flights I've been on. Where Turkish excels is the food - quality and quantity beat any airline hands-down and I've travelled on over a hundred airlines. Flight attendants were friendly and all spoke English well. On-time or within 10 minutes of schedule - Ataturk Airport is a mess and all flights arrived or departed via gate stand so dealing with buses to and from the planes gets annoying. Overall for the money paid Turkish gives a good product. Again - as stated by many people- they keep their planes too warm. I wouldn't fly them on anything longer then 4 hours.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by G Farul    (Malaysia)

First time on TK, flew KUL-IST and IST-IAH on economy. Flights were on time, clean and with decent food. We were on an older A330 on the KUL-IST segment and a newer 777 on the IST-IAH segment. As several people have mentioned however, the temperature in both planes were far too warm compared to other flights I've been on. Flight attendants were ok. Ground staff in IST were a bit on the slow side but professional and courteous. I would fly them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by S Aksoy    (Turkey)

Istanbul-Los Angeles / New York-Istanbul. Mixed feelings for Comfort Class. Free wireless and live TV (only 4 channels though) clearly made the 14 hours of flying more tolerable. However we didn't have those on the return flight even though it was the same plane- 777-300. Service and catering have been great on both flights. Seat comfort however was below average since it's impossible to sleep with its angle. Despite other airlines premium passengers don't get separate check-in desk and lounge access. It also common to see economy passengers sneaking into comfort class and take the empty seats throughout the flight!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Shriram Gadekar    (USA)

I recently has 2 horrible experiences with this airline on my DC-Istanbul-Mumbai and Mumbai-Istanbul-Chicago flights. On my flight from Washington DC-Istanbul, I received sub standard service from one of the air hostesses. Even after 4 requests I did not get any headsets. I was served dinner late and without any bread. The air hostess plainly ignored my request for coffee. While coming back from Mumbai-Istanbul, I had booked row 29 seats but when I checked in I was given row 46 boarding passes that were not window seats. For window seats she offered me row 53, inflight row 53 was indeed the last row and I couldn't do anything. The food quality was not at all good and asking a preferred (Vegetarian or Special) meal doesn't make any difference. I will never fly Turkish again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by H Ikwue    (Ireland)

I was flying from Dublin to Lagos with stopover at Istanbul. Dublin ground staff were exceptional but once I got on the flight everything went sour. Firstly the Dublin to Istanbul flight had no in-flight entertainment. At Istanbul it was near impossible finding an English speaking ground staff. Arranging accommodation was a nightmare because of the language barrier. After that was eventually sort getting to the hotel was so embarrassing as there was no wheelchair accessible cabs and the Turkish airlines staff were unwilling to help me into the bus so I had to be carried into the bus by 2 of the other passengers. And had to suffer the same humiliation for the drive back to the airport. It's really horrifying to think that they claim to be Europe's best airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by M Jose Lopez    (USA)

Just flew from LAX to IST in Comfort Class and economy from IST to DXB and back to LAX. The aircraft's were comfortable, clean and the food above average in all classes flown. The FA's were polite and very friendly. I had a very tight connection on the way back from Dubai in Istanbul and my luggage made it to the connecting flight and my bags were undamaged. I commend Turkish on their service and professionalism. I will certainly fly them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by A Ala-Jääski    (Finland)

This was my first time on Turkish Airlines (Helsinki-Istanbul-Helsinki). The plane was ok, I liked the leather seats and there was enough space for me. The seats seemed a bit "worn out " to me though. The plane could have been tidier, I guess it had just brought passengers to Helsinki and there was only a little time to clean it. The toilets were much cleaner than on other airliners' planes, which was nice. Food was really good and it felt luxurious to be able choose from two menus! They showed quite new movies during the flight, but when we flew back to Helsinki there was no sound coming from the audio system. This problem affected all the passengers, not just me. The flight attendant couldn't do anything about this problem. What really upset me was the cabin crew's attitude on safety matters. Flight attendants didn't care at all about the position of passengers' seats, tray tables or hand luggage during take off and landing. It definitely didn't give a good impression of safety issues. I have also got used to cabin crew paying attention to seat belt sign during turbulent weather but they just let people move around and use toilets normally.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by K Abdelmessih    (Egypt)

Flew CAI-IST-EZE. CAI-IST with A321 great Business Class seats, was disappointed in 18 hrs trip to Buenos Aires when I booked back in August I was supposed to fly on the B773. However THY changed to A343 which was uncomfortable for this journey. Check-in was perfect, food excellent, as for the entertainment, well the entire 18 hrs the entertainment was not working. Seats old and not as advertised. Lack knowledge in alcohol, there is not trolley for alcohol drinks and they never ask you. If you pop that you need champagne or wine they might take 15 minutes to prepare it for you.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by J Zapata    (USA)

We flew IAH-IST-IAH in Business Class. The seat was extremely uncomfortable. The cabin temperature felt like a sauna. The food and the presentation was excellent. However, the Flight Attendants did a very poor job attending to customers and keeping glasses filled. We had to continuously ask for another drink. The crew did not give the appearance of being approachable. Overall, we were very impressed with their VIP Lounge, and extremely disappointed with their check-in and onboard crew.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by J Costi    (France)

Flew last month Sao Paulo - Istanbul - Sharm el Sheikh - Cairo - Istanbul - Paris. All flights were on time. Staff and food very good. Maybe there is a lack of knowledge about the wines. Concerning the seats it depends on the aircraft. On the segment Sao Paulo - Istanbul it was an A340, with lie flat business seat, which is not perfect for a 13 hours flight. The A319 between Istanbul and Sharm was like all European business class seats, that means seats the same as in economy, just a curtain between coach and business. Cairo - Istanbul, A321, great seats 2X2, very comfortable for a 2 hours flight and the best seat was on the A330 between Istanbul and Paris. Full flat seat. A lot of room. Food was very good on all flights. A very good airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

CPT to LGW via IST in economy. Another great flight with Turkish. Comfortable seating on both flights. Helpful and pleasant staff. Special meal provided as requested. Transfer at Istanbul slow due to the need for UK pax to have additional security clearance. On time flights and easy boarding for both. Good fare so highly recommended. Baggage at LGW took a long time but that the fault of Gatwick airport rather than the airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by M Kuykendall    (USA)

Flew 11/23 from IAH-IST and 11/30 from IST-IAH. Crew was professional and attentive, though more bells and whistles (warm cloth before meal, "comfort" package with eyemask, etc.) on the flight from Turkey to America than from America to Turkey. IFE was perfect. Though I appreciated the footrest, this is not a comfortable seat. I tossed and turned for the 12 hour flight, finding it impossible to get a wink. High marks for the food. I had the vegetarian option and it was delicious, but I also eyed other menu items and they looked great. Positive experience.