Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by R Fodor    (USA)

In December 2013, we flew from Istanbul to JFK - Flight 0003. We had previously flown from JFK to Istanbul a week earlier so we knew what to expect as far as seat comfort, movie selection and meals. This time, however, the flight crew was very different from the last crew. It was obvious from the moment we walked on the plane that the crew was unfriendly and unprofessional. They seemed completely unconcerned for the well being of the passengers. We received a tiny cup of coffee at take off and did not get any more in the 11 hour flight! The beverage cart only came around when meals were served - twice! The bathroom went from clean to disgusting in about three hours and remained that way. It is very disappointing that such a good airline has terrible employees.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by R Fodor    (USA)

In December 2013, we flew from JFK to Istanbul, Turkey then on to Rome, Italy. Our flight was 0004. After reading some of the reviews for Turkish Airlines, I was concerned about our trip. We were however, pleasantly surprised. The flight crew was friendly, accommodating and generous with drinks and food. We flew Economy Class. The seats were as comfortable as they can be after 9.5 hours. The movie selection was good. The crew is what really made the flight great. If all Turkish Airline employees were as good as this flight, we would definitely fly with them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Peter Gooch    (USA)

Flew from ORD to IST then on to ADD in Early December, 2013. The leg from Chicago to Istanbul was perfect. Excellent seats, attentive staff and excellent food. Check in was east and efficient and all ground and all flight staff were highly professional and friendly. Flight from IST to ADD was on a smaller plane (B737) so the seats were not good, but service was fine. The Istanbul airport is total chaos, but the business lounge was huge and the food omnipresent. I'd give Turkish Airlines a top rating, better than similar flights on Delta or Ethiopian by far!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Saquifa Seraj    (UK)

The overall service is fair. I was booked in economy premium from Scotland to Turkey and then Turkey to Bangladesh. Although I collected my boarding pass for both parts of the journey from Edinburgh airport, where I was allocated my chosen seat. On my trip to Bangladesh, the cabin crew at the boarding gate had cut my seat number (12K) on the boarding gate with a pen and gave me seat at the very back of the plane. This made my journey very unpleasant. On both parts of my trip the cabin ran out of one of the options on the catering menu. There was no in-flight entertainment facility on the flight from Turkey to Bangladesh.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Van Eerten    (Netherlands)

Flew from AMS-IST-RUH. The seats in business class are not at all comfortable and not working properly. The steward dressed up as a cook is a joke! Unorganized and messy.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by O Gurg    (Macedonia)

IST-SKP-IST excellent flight. Food was very satisfying though was a 1 hour flight. Crew were friendly. Seats were very comfortable. Especially in our return flight we had a very plenty legroom for an airbus A319.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Marko Niffka    (Germany)

Dhaka - Istanbul on Dec 20th (A330-200). Awful experience - Entertainment system for entire aircraft broken for the duration of flight, according to a flight attendant for several days already. Apparently no need to fix things at THY. Open wires at my seat, seat adjustment at several seats did not function normally. Overall low seat comfort. Crew inattentive and impolite - when I pointed out that a toilet indicator light was also not functioning I was told that the light for another toilet was working. Many in business class cabin were outraged and several people submitted complaint forms. In short: Third-world economy class product for the price of a business class ticket. How this airline warrants 4 stars is beyond me.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Anabela Matos    (Portugal)

LIS-IST-LIS. Overall a good experience. Cabin crew friendly, nice inflight service, comfortable seats and informative cockpit. Flights on time, no problems with our bags. Smooth as silk.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Shah Mihir    (USA)

First time flying Turkish. JFK-IST-BOM. Nice modern A330. Clean toilets. Good special meals (vegetarian). Good in- flight entertainment system. Kept the kids busy. Except on the BOM-IST where the screen wasn't working. Wi-fi even in the economy class. Good service by FAs.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Ainan Binti Sulaiman    (Malaysia)

Inflight service from Kuala Lumpur to Skopje was great and only mediocre from Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur. I had a layover more than 11 hours at Ataturk Airport flying in from Budapest on 15 December 2013, Flight TK 1037 and my connecting flights the 16th at 0055 to KLIA. When I asked one of the airline staff at the transfer desk he said that I could get a hotel during my transit. I was then told to go the Turkish Airline Hotel Desk. The airline staff were very rude and told me that there was no hotel room for me. When I told him my wait was more than 10 hours he just waved his hands and never tried to answer any of my questions.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by E Rietz    (Belgium)

I was flying BKK to BRU on Dec 15th, from BKK to IST after 30 minutes flight the stewardess came and said that there is no more champagne on board! This is absolutely unacceptable, you pay a very high price for comfort, food and drinks.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by A England    (Turkey)

IST-HKG. I am afraid Turkish Airlines is slipping. The check in and immigration lines at the Istanbul airport are lengthy and bureaucratic. I was pleased with the overnight travel kit. The food was average but the drinks were plentiful. There were films, TV series and music selections but the choices were limited and dated. The touch screens cannot be fully navigated from the remote so the passenger behind me was pecking at my seat repeatedly. The plane was dated and rather warm. No one was using their blankets. Finally, the service was rushed and English and Chinese were limited. The English announcements were comical.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by M Ademe    (USA)

First time traveling on Turkish. Chicago ORD - IST and using IST as a hub for additional travel to Sofia, and Baku. Flew A330 from ORD-IST in the business class cabin and was very pleased with the excellent service and food. Lay-flat seats were very comfortable. Selection on the entertainment system was good, but they had problems and needed to reboot the system a couple of time both on the outbound and return legs. Lounge in Istanbul was excellent and some of the best food compare to any other Star Alliance Gold lounges. I would definitely recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Mehmet Gurcu    (Germany)

Flew from Dusseldorf to Istanbul and Dusseldorf to Sabiha Gokcen. Food was perfect and hostesses were very friendly. Was an old 737-800 without Entertainment System but nothing to complain about because I was reading my Book. Booked 2 months ago and paid only 100 Euro for a round trip. Who can beat that with a 4 Star Airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by K Olena    (Ukraine)

TK0452, 16/10/2013, return TK0451, 21/10/2013. Flight Donetsk-Istanbul. Staff were good and friendly. There was no problem with the language (all speak English well). Meal was good, plenty of variety - (seafood, vegetarian and so on). The most important thing with any airlines is safety, that is why I choose Turkish Airlines when I go to Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Linda Lonnqvist    (Tanzania)

I've flown with Turkish many times, normally Dar es Salaam - Istanbul - Helsinki but also to Los Angeles once. It's on time, the food is good, there's a good selection of entertainment and staff are polite. As an extra bonus you get two bags, so 40 kg of luggage, in economy class, and you can take a free stopover in Istanbul.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax