Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by A Arriens    (Netherlands)

AMS-IST: I was on the wing. This section has to do with 1 less FA than in the back. My warm meal arrived cold. KIX-IST: Like on the outbound flight, a sense of disorganization during 1st meal service. One FA was running back and forth. Good on-time performance.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by S Green    (Israel)

TLV-IST-HEL. TLV to IST, B737-800 great leg room, leather seats, no personal IFE. The crew were nice, handed out heart shaped chocolates for Valentines Day. They managed to serve breakfast on this short flight and a bar service. The only bad remark, cabin very hot during boarding, terrible welcome. It got better as we took off. Remote parking in IST, bussed to terminal. Security much quicker than expected. Departure area crowded and stuffy as usual. Again boarded A321 steaming hot. This time legroom was atrocious, could not move, or eat? The B737-800 felt like business class compared to this torture. Crew friendly and hard working, full hot meal service, wine, beer and alcohol were free. This time personal IFE. Product seems inconsistent. All in all a positive experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by T Cabal    (France)

Attempted to fly from Istanbul to Bangkok on Nov 29th, but flight was delayed 5.5 hrs. No explanations given. No compensation despite delays. On-board entertainment was not properly working at my seat. Was too tired anyway. Pretty bad experience. Return flight was better (on time at least).

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by E Igor    (Russia)

IST-EZE, GRU-IST, Economy. I am a frequent flyer with TK (Elite), and there are many things I like about TK, but the biggest problem of this airline is consistency. Some flights are excellent, while others are just a horrible experience. This happened with my flights to EZE and back from GRU. The plane on both legs was awful. Under each seat there is a big metal box, which makes it unbearable in combination with the tight legroom. Overall the plane seemed old and not taken care of. It had not been cleaned properly before departure. The staff were not attentive, forgetting my requests. On the return flight there was no menu, no hot towel, no fresh orange juice. The temperature during the flight - freezing. The lounge in GRU is a joke. The good TAM lounge is closed at night, and they use the Smiles lounge which is simply not acceptable. Ground handling poor - my priority has not been recognized at baggage delivery, and for the return flight the check in staff didn't attach the priority label at all. All in all, if I only took this one flight and judged TK based on this experience, I would definitely not recommend this airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Gregory    (UK)

9th Feb, TK70. We purchased our tickets from London to Istanbul and then from Istanbul on to Hong Kong almost as soon as they were released, 11 months before we were due to travel. Perhaps because we booked through an online travel agent we were not offered seat selection at that point. We didn't worry too much because we assumed that the airlines default position would be to sit a couple together and after all we had booked very early. This turned out to be a naive assumption! When we attempted to check in online, which was more than 36 hours before the Istanbul to Hong Kong flight, the only seats available were at opposite ends of the cabin. Our pleas to the Turkish airlines office in London, the check in desk at Gatwick and the transfer desk at Istanbul were all to no avail. This completely ruined the flight for me, whilst I respect that the airline couldn't bump someone from a pre booked seat, we should have been sat together by default at point of booking.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by C Yilmaz    (Turkey)

737-900. Although we were delayed 4 hours in Manchester due to high winds (not a problem) we had a lovely smooth flight, the business class seats on this plane are excellent, plenty of room and fully reclining. Very good service, once seated a glass of juice or wine was offered, then a lovely salmon salad, later a choice of chicken beef or macaroni - plenty to eat and wines excellent. Turkish or French wines offered, plus liqueurs. Entertainment first class.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Klaus Malling    (Denmark)

Flew CPH-IST-Bombay mid December 2013. One more good experience with THY, all flights on time and service as expected good. No other European carrier serves this amount of meals on intraeuropean flights, and service about the same on intercontinental. As a regular flyer on THY in recent years I would recommend changing the meals a little - on all 4 flights food was the same as before, always delicious, but perhaps a little tired compared to some years ago. Beverage service excellent, and although staff of THY are not very smiley, they were effective. Inflight entertainment good with good selection of movies, both older and recently published. Transfer in IST chaotic on way out, very smooth on return flight. Again I can recommend THY for both service, costs and extensive route network.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 February 2014 by Sharon Salie    (South Africa)

Flew to Muscat via Istanbul and returned a month later. Very pleasant experience. Take off and landing super. Took advantage of tour of Istanbul and the use of the hotel on our return leg. Food good. However, the ground crew not friendly at all but cabin crew were superb.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Ahmed Shihab    (Bangladesh)

DHK-IST then IST-JFK. This was my first time with Turkish airline. Cabin staff were rude. On my first leg, I ordered a glass of water twice but it never came, I had to walk to the galley to get my glass of water. The food was served after 1 hour. It was an 8.5 hrs flight so me and my wife slept a bit after the meal was done. I took beef biriyani and my wife took grilled chicken. The chicken was really tasty unfortunately I choose the wrong meal. Then before landing we were served a sandwich which was good. On our 2nd leg IST to JFK, (10 hrs 30 mins), it was an early morning flight which was supposed to take off at 7.30 but got delayed 45 minutes. First meal (scrambled egg with mushroom) was served immediately after take off which was tasty but the cabin crews were again disappointing. Again I ordered a cocktail but it didn't come the first time I asked for it. I would recommend this flight as its cheap.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Risat Haque    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Dhaka (14th January), return Dhaka to London (11th January). Completely mixed bag experience when comparing the outbound and return journeys. The outbound was 10 out 10 due to punctuality, professionalism, amenities etc. I took advantage of the free Istanbul Tour offered by the Turkish Airlines. For the return leg the flight was delayed by 7.5 hours due to foggy conditions at Dhaka, which obviously is not Turkish's fault. I was put on a different connecting flight to London which was supposed to depart within 1 hour of the arrival of the Dhaka flight to Istanbul. However, the flight took 8.5 hours instead of 7 hours which meant that I missed the London flight. But what made this experience worse is the lack of in-flight entertainment system on this 8.5 hour flight. If Turkish is to compete with the other Airlines (Emirates, Qatar, Etihad) flying to Dhaka, it has to take the Istanbul-Dhaka-Istanbul route seriously and ensure consistency across the flights.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Rok Deu    (Spain)

LHR-IST-SCQ via BIO. I pre-reserved seats which were not respected even being Elite+ passenger on TK. Check in at LHR was very regular, not giving a decent service. I was not advised about the seats and lounge options. Flight LHR-IST departed on time and was full. Fight was so hot! A321 was dirty and old. The cabin crew served the meal and drinks and disappeared for the entire flight. My headphones stopped working in the middle of the movie and even changing them did not help. Staff did not do anything to help. My next flight to Santiago via Bilbao was as bad as the first one. No movie available. Only one service available during 6 hrs of the flight. The last leg BIO- SCQ did not have any service. All in all not a good experience and for the price paid I would never repeat!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by R Shankar    (Australia)

NRT - Istanbul - Barcelona. Plenty of food and snacks on the long haul flight - I love how they give out Turkish Delights just after take off and a meal menu on all flights. The only complaint was the friendliness of the crew who always looked grumpy and a few were falling asleep at their crew seats during taking off and landing on both sectors. Once they completed their meal service, they disappeared and were chatting non stop at the back of the plane with other crew. Other than this, a good 2 sectors with TK.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by N Chowdhury    (Switzerland)

Geneva - Istanbul, TK1918, 19 Dec 2013. Istanbul - Dhaka, 19 Dec 2013, TK0712. Dhaka - Istanbul, 9 Jan 2014. Istanbul - Geneva, 10 Jan 2014. No inflight entertainment on flight from Istanbul to Dhaka or from Dhaka to Istanbul. On January 9, flight from Dhaka to Istanbul was delayed 7 hours due to fog. When the flight finally took off on 9 Jan, flight time from Dhaka to Istanbul (non-stop) was 8.5 hours due a ridiculously old plane being used. I was informed in Dhaka on 9 Jan that I would miss my connecting flight to Geneva and would have to travel the next morning and was thus issued a boarding pass for the next day. When we arrived in Istanbul, no instructions were given by the cabin crew, leaving passengers to figure things out on their own. It took another 2.5 hours for ground staff to issue us hotel vouchers. Some toilets were non-functional on the flight from Istanbul to Dhaka on 19 December. All crew members on the flight from Istanbul to Dhaka and back appeared to be Turkish and spoke very basic English. Plus points: Staff of Turkish airlines in Dhaka were most professional and courteous and did their best to attend to the needs of passengers. Food was decent. Overall - a very lousy experience. There is a major difference in the quality of service (old planes, no in-flight entertainment, rude/unprofessional service) on the flight to/from Dhaka-Istanbul compared to flights to/from Istanbul-Geneva.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by P Vargacz    (USA)

TK34 from Houston to Istanbul with friends. First time with Turkish and we were very satisfied. Seats were comfortable and the service was good. This trip would have been perfect, however on the return to Houston, the last meal before landing was not fresh, I got rock hard dried out pasta. The way they handled this was a disappointment.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by B Duston    (USA)

JFK-Istanbul-Bangkok. While the crew were not overwhelmingly friendly, they did their jobs efficiently and mostly with smiles. What sets Turkish Airlines apart, besides their phenomenal lounge at the Istanbul Airport, is the quality and quantity of the food that they serve on board. Whereas on most other airlines, you get a choice of perhaps 3 different appetizers to choose from, on Turkish Airlines they have a whole trolley filled with different Turkish appetizers from you to select. You can try as many as you want. The same logic holds true for desserts. You had perhaps 10 different options to choose from. The seats on both flights were not of the "lie flat" variety, but were comfortable nonetheless. My only true complaint dealt with the cabin temperature. The crew kept the temperature fairly warm on both flights. I did ask one of the attendants to lower the temperature on the flight to Istanbul, which she did. But in about an hour or two later, the temperature was warm again. Offerings in the amenity kits provided were generous and the cabins and rest rooms were kept fairly clean throughout both flights. Lastly, it really is a bit comical to see one or two of the flight attendants dressed up as chefs, given that none of the food is prepared on board.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Richard Daniels    (Switzerland)

TK 713, Dhaka - Istanbul, Dec 13 2013 and TK 712, Istanbul - Dhaka, Jan 9 2014. The airline is turning from slight above average to a complete disaster on their Dhaka bound flights. Now, they are using their oldest A330-203 with no inflight entertainment at all. Seats are sometimes broken. Even the last resort of comfort, the reading lights are not working or wrongly wired and therefore useless or really annoying. FAs are trying to cope with it but you can see that it even annoys them to work on a plane like this. They will even wake you up in the middle of the night to serve breakfast when everybody was sleeping. When I got shook awake despite having a sleeping mask on and questioned them, they said it is normal for them to serve at this time as it was morning in Istanbul (5 hours away). Dhaka is not an easy destination but Turkish is doing everything to make it the worst for the average passenger. In winter when there is morning fog in Dhaka, Turkish is the only carrier that does not dare to change their flight schedule like Emirates or Qatar, but prefers to have their flights delayed by 5 hours without prior notification. It had now happened 3 times, travelling from Dhaka or Istanbul. Only positive thing is the quality of the food which is usually good and tasty and drinks policy. Nevertheless, this was my last flight with them after I was a loyal traveller due to affordable price.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax