Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

LGW to Istanbul on 1 April return 6 April. As always the flight was on time, the service friendly and the food good. Fantastic value for money and couldn't fault anything.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Lesley Bradley    (Botswana)

Johannesburg to Istanbul on 3rd April 2014, flight TK 41. The flight was full yet flight attendants graciously attended to each passenger. They smiled and were extremely polite, which is something that seems to be lacking across a number of airlines. Aircraft was very clean, in great condition and the interior - in turquoise colour had a calming Mediterranean feeling to it. We were offered Turkish delights and dried fruit. Dinner followed, it was sumptuous, served with a variety of wines and other drinks. It was a pleasant 8 hour flight, I was comfortable throughout. Toilets were spacious and clean. Throughout the flight the attendants were always nearby.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by David Bass    (UK)

BHX-BKK, March 24th. Birmingham to Istanbul all OK. Istanbul to BKK awful, time to get a drink 1.5 hours, time to dinner nearly 3 hours despite them setting the table within 20 minutes of take off. Bar service in view at front of business class showed their lack of attention to detail, was asked 3 times what red wine I wanted and had to point at the menu don't think the hostess new difference between white and red as she was looking at all labels! When dinner was served it was very late so I turned it down, not asked if I wanted breakfast and was not offered it on waking up. Come on Turkish you tell a good story but in reality. Price was very good which is why I tried Turkish lets see what return from Beijing brings on 10th.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Barron    (USA)

I think the flight from Houston to Istanbul for one leg of the trip. Another leg from Istanbul to Rome. Another leg Rome to Istanbul back to Houston and I was satisfied with the flight. I took the Houston to Istanbul and Istanbul to Houston before and decided to go again on this airline. The flights left on time and arrived on time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Economy LGW-CPT via IST on 31 March. New 737-900ER plane to IST. Very comfortable, spacious with plenty of leg room. Service good, special meal arrived as ordered and pleasant. Easy transfer at IST despite being bussed to terminal. Boarding on CPT flight chaotic - started before doors to ramp open so standing around a long time. Flight very full - seats less comfortable than the 737 (older 330) and less leg room. Staff particularly good on this flight - attentive, special meal again, available for refreshments throughout the flight. Good communication from crew to passengers. Well recommended if you can get a good price to compensate for longer journey time between UK and SA.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by B Pleterski    (Austria)

All 4 flights reasonably good (Vienna-Male and back, via Istanbul), however mostly unfriendly crew and delays of 2 of 4 flights. The delay as such was not too bad, but the frustrating thing was that the pilots gave no information at all to the passengers. Imagine a delay of 1 hour, and you sit in the plane, and get no information about reason/extent of delay, despite begging flight attendants for information. Pilots just did not care about passengers, hope it is not the culture of Turkish Airlines. And there are two extremes: no announcements with regard to flight delay, but otherwise so many announcements of useless information, that passengers really got irritated. I'm sure Turkish Airlines is quite high in the ratio of announcement time versus flying time. Would be good if they reduce the announcement to the extent of other airlines. Please announce/talk less to passengers!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by B Brandstätter    (Germany)

IST-KTM. Flight was delayed 2.5 hours. No staff at the gate to provide information. Onboard the aircraft personal reading lights were either on and flight attendants were not able to switch them off or vv. IFE was only showing the flight information. The AVOD system was working for half an hour only, then it crashed and flight attendants neither attempted to reset it nor was any announcement made regarding this. After landing in KTM a single panel with three oxygen masks dropped down the row in front of me. On the bright side: Food was excellent.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Z Nazir    (Malaysia)

We boarded a flight from Edin to Istanbul on 23/3/14. The cabin was rather small (seating of 2 and 3) and the air- conditioning was rather warm! Seats can be rather cramped if you are on the plus size. No negative comments about the food though. However, Istanbul airport was chaotic. Going through passport control took us a good one hour. The next leg of our flight was Istanbul -Kuala Lumpur on a much bigger plane. Again, the food was satisfactory. Service was ok and inflight entertainment featured some of the latest movies. Nevertheless, the cabin temperature was a bit warm. We got a good deal on the tickets (1900 pounds for 5 pax) so I guess I shouldn't complain much.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by M Brandt    (Switzerland)

I flew in business class from Zurich to Johannesburg and back via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. Their business class product for short haul was by far the best business class I have experienced in Europe. The crew were friendly and efficient, the seat pitch was good and the food was absolutely great. The lounge in Istanbul is one of the nicest business class lounges I have been in. The long-haul sector to Johannesburg and back was also great. OK, the seat and the inflight entertainment and not the most modern, but they were well within acceptable bounds. Once again flight crews were friendly and efficient. No problems at any time with ground services. No delays and bags all delivered promptly and in good shape.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by A Pagan    (Greece)

IST-JIB with return. Both sectors brand new A321 with very good IFE. Food always above standards and plenty of soft drinks (no spirits on these flights). Cabin crew very attentive. The outbound leg arrived 30 minutes early. However the return had a delay of 30 minutes and I had a connection flight to catch (1h 30 min). This is the biggest issue with THY. Ground handling in IST. Although they were informed they did nothing. Long bus ride and then the chaotic security control of IST airport. The only reason that I didn't miss the next flight was a 20 minute delay. As far as it goes for value for money.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by L Gautam    (UK)

My husband I are seasoned travellers. We travelled to Kathmandu from the UK via Birmingham and back again with a 3 day stop over in Istanbul. On our journey back we missed our flight due to a faulty flight display system which did not show that the plane was boarding and a public announcement system which did not announce the flight. The staff on the ground were rude, discourteous and unhelpful. It took the airport staff to help us. Much needs to be done to improve services.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by M Slabbinck    (Belgium)

I flew TK1939 (IST-BRU) in an Airbus 321. I had forgotten how pleasant flying economy class could be after all those hated Ryanair flights. Every seat has a personal screen with loads of movies to chose from. Fortunately, the 3 hour flight gave me enough time to watch a full movie. Food was delicious. They even brought a menu with a choice of two plates. Wine was free. There even was a cook (complete with a cook hat). I know -it's just a flight attendant dressed differently, but I bought it. Being a Gold elite member at Star Alliance, I had access to the Turkish Airlines lounge before the flight. Truly wonderful. Spacious, a great buffet and even a golf simulator to kill time. From now on, I will use Turkish Airlines for all my flights to Asia, avoiding Lufthansa and Frankfurt or Munich!

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by I Rafael    (USA)

I flew on flight #8 from IAD to IST and was quite impressed, food was very good, entertainment could be better but I guess it is enough to get by. Service is good however you might encounter a little attitude at times from the flight attendants. The departure back to IAD on flight #7 was also quite nice with some attitude problems from some flight attendants. Departure from IST is a bit disorganised, you have to go trough a lot of security to board that flight to DC in Istanbul. I would fly this way again to go to Europe my final destination was Zurich, Switzerland and those flights were great and on time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Bader Al omar    (UK)

DXB-IST, 24th Jan, TK 0761. IST-HBE, 25th Jan, TK 0696. I was lured to this airline by their extensive advertising, I wish they saved the costs of advertising to improve their equipment and services. I paid for business class and I didn't even get anything near decent economy standard. The plane was old. The seats were in a very bad state. Boarding was chaotic. The second flight was on 25th Jan, IST-HBE. Although I paid for a business class seat, all I got was an economy seat at the front of the plane.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by G Deepak    (UAE)

Dubai to Barcelona via Istanbul (Flight TK 0761 and TK1853, IST - Barcelona) on 15th March, 2014. Flight delayed from Dubai, however, we arrived 50 minutes prior to departure of Barcelona flight. Istanbul airport is a complete mess. Had Turkish airline staff put us as priority at airport security we would have easily caught the flight. We had to arrange an airport hotel at our expense.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2014 by K Mututsang    (USA)

12 Mar 2014, TK 0727, Kathmandu - Istanbul. 13 Mar 2014. TK 0017, Istanbul to Toronto. 14 Mar 2014, AC 7941, Toronto to Minneapolis. I am back from my recent trip to Nepal and I have to say this has been the worst trip I had taken so far. Return trip from Kathmandu to Istanbul was delayed 6 hours thereby missing my connecting flight to USA. They re-routed me through Canada the next day and my baggage was left in Istanbul. Turkish ground staff were inefficient, most do not seem to know what they were doing and keep you waiting for hours.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Adam Wang    (UK)

London-Istanbul-Beijing, Economy class. I have to say this is the best economy class I have experienced. For both segments, Turkish delights are served immediately after takeoff, the food is completely at different classes against other European airlines, juice was freshly squeeze orange juice. For the long haul flight, we were given slippers, ear phones, toothbrush and toothpaste and so on which you do not expect in economy class. However, the drawback is the geography of Turkey has made the flight much longer and the staff in the Istanbul airport are absolute nightmare, although they are not the faults of the airline. However, I have worries about passenger behaviour once the aircraft has touched down, people are standing up and collecting their luggage from the overhead storage, this is the case whether the aircraft is either still on or just leaving the main landing ways. I feel sorry for the cabin crews as there are just so many people and there are little things the crews could do about it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by R Deu    (Spain)

BCN-IST-LJU in economy, 7 March 2014. One of the better flights on Turkish. What bothers me is the inconstancy of service, staff and maintenance of flight. 1 good flight out of 10. I always select a seat when booking but somehow when I check in, TK always change the seat. As a Gold member I am not able to select exit rows either, not even at online check-in. On both flights I was comfortable however, having an aisle seat, the middle sear next to me was empty, the cabin was not hot at this time and the service was rather good. We were however delayed out of IST for more than 20 mins., but arrived 5 mins late to LJU. I will not fly Turkish for another year, let's see if they get better.