Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Paul Bailey    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Bangkok on 30 October in Business class, flights departed and arrived on time, very comfortable and excellent seat pitch throughout, food was plentiful and very tasty. Cabin crew although very professional were not that over friendly. Overall a wonderfully relaxed experience and highly recommended.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by J Dand    (Turkey)

Istanbul - Venice return. Both flights comfortable and on time with reasonable leg room. Having the seat-back screen and the movie playing right up to touchdown on the return flight was something new for us on this airline. The food as is usual with Turkish, was very good and the service was good too, although I wish they'd relax and be a bit more smiley. My husband needed a wheelchair with very little notice and they and both airports coped very efficiently and with kindness.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by R Maharjan    (USA)

Flew JFK to IST to KTM on Oct 9th and returned on Oct 26 2013. The flight from JFK was late night, scheduled 11.55pm but told from ticket counter check in that flight will be delayed 45 minutes. Actual delay was more than an hour. The staff service was poor. We arranged a special meal for my son but the food never came. We asked for it but they were talking each other and never communicated to us. We instead asked for regular meal for my son. Staff service from KTM to IST to JFK was horrible. We asked for water and it never came. We had to ask staff give us something to drink. The food was very bad and we were hungry for most of the time.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by D Prabhakar    (USA)

Worst Customer Service. The trip to Istanbul went without a hitch. The trip from Istanbul to Barcelona was delayed. Their customer service is quite horrible. Handling of the baggage is poor and the response from the airport staff and their centralized customer service is terrible. If I had to fly again, I would pay a premium and fly United or an alternate airline. I do have to admit that the food was great on the flight. The conditions on the bathrooms was quite appalling as well.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Rezaei Abbas    (USA)

IKA to IST and IST to Milan and return AMS to IST and IST to IKA in the last month. Seats was very small and uncomfortable. Food served onboard was very bad and I didn't eat anything. Not satisfied with this airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Joseph Lambert    (UK)

Edinburgh - Istanbul - Tel Aviv, 18 October. EDI-IST flight on a very modern Boeing 737, lots of legroom (I'm 1.92m/6'3" tall). Choice of hot meal, IFE individual screens, service okay. IST-TLV not so good - older Airbus A321, very cramped. The passenger in front of me simply had no room to recline his seat (and he tried). Food disappointing - cold chicken salad, no choice. IFE individual screens.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Andrew Wilkes    (UK)

Flew LHR to IST and return in last few days. Both legs on A321. Outward aircraft modern with excellent in flight entertainment, surprisingly good really for a European flight. Return flight on older aircraft with no seat back tv but service was polite and food of decent quality. Both flights on time (in fact slightly early) and I can see why they have a good reputation. Impressed and will use again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by D Stanley    (UK)

London to Dhaka via Istanbul twice in the last month. Usually, I have a good experience with Turkish. However, this time it was not so great. The London to Istanbul segments were mostly OK, with the exception of the last return flight, which was one of the most unpleasant flights I have had in a long time. It started with the children from hell in the row behind. The aircraft was an older A321, which had very poor leg room, no IFE to speak of and it was too hot. One lady was quite ill because of the heat. The cabin crew refused to do anything despite complaints. I think everyone just wanted to get off, so we were not pleased at having to fly around London on hold for half an hour. The Istanbul/Dhaka part is not operated by Turkish, but by Meridiana an Italian charter operation. The A330 aircraft are old and do not come close to the normal Turkish standard. The IFE was very limited - no video on demand, seats were old and business seats were basic and not worthy of the price. All airlines seem to put their worst and oldest aircraft on the routes into this part of Asia. I have flown with Emirates and Qatar Airways and both do the same. It is unfair as you do not pay any less for the ticket. On the positive side, the overcrowding of the business lounge in Istanbul has improved. I did not have to sit on the floor on any of the 3 times I used it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J Marsden    (UK)

Brutal service experience. IST to LHR. Family of 4 with young children. Seats not assigned together (over rode the Travel Agent request). Staff told me it was my problem. Said I had to negotiate seat moves onboard. Departure gate staff appear to be contracted out so don't really care. Not sure why they are part of Star Alliance as they don't seem to care about Star Alliance patrons either. The experience was only made worse by some flight attendants who didn't seem to care much for courtesy and politeness with passengers. Strongly recommend using an alternative to travel to/from Turkey.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Pinhas Yusuf    (Turkey)

I flew Turkish a couple of times in the past months, and the most conspicuous feature was the seats lacking the adjustable headrest, often the lack of the footrest, and the lack of personal in-flight entertainment. The food was just sufficient. But the worst was on an international overseas flight of 2 hours where the in-flight entertainment on overhead screens was a football documentary. The staff were as kind and helpful as possible, and the overall flight was satisfactory.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by H Coburn    (Australia)

We travelled TK 1035, IST-BUD on 20 September. I had the window seat, my partner the middle, and an obese person who needed the extension seat belt was in the aisle. We paid AUD 553 each for the two hour flight (expensive by world standards due to no competition). My partner had the most uncomfortable journey as the obese person was spilling over into his space. Unsafe and uncomfortable. All airlines need to address this disgraceful practice inflicted on passengers who are within a healthy weight range.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Chris Dore    (UK)

IST-KUL, A330. Flight delayed 1hr 20 mins and arrived 1hr late. Poor room allowance for Economy and poor food. Did not partake of on-board entertainment so cannot judge. Whilst I would recommend Turkish airlines for the GTW-IST leg of my two (separate) legged flight, this flight was nowhere near as nice.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Chris Dore    (UK)

GTW-IST, A321. Flight delayed 29 mins but arrived on time. Good room allowance for Economy and excellent food. Did not partake of on-board entertainment so cannot judge. Whilst I would recommend Turkish airlines for this flight, the flight was part of two legs, the other being IST-KUL which was nowhere near as nice.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by M Farmer    (UK)

Birmingham to Dalaman via Istanbul and return. First time I've used Turkish Airlines and it won't be the last. Clean, comfortable, planes with plenty of leg room, friendly crew members, good meal on 4hr flight and snacks on short domestic flight. I usually use a charter flight direct to Dalaman to avoid having to change planes in Istanbul, but it was an easy transfer, and it actually cost less than any of the charter flights. My only complaint would be that the cabin was very hot and the air conditioning was ineffective.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Mariam Mihranian    (USA)

I and my husband were traveling from LAX round trip. The travel agent did all booking, so I suppose the pricing was fair. From LAX to Istanbul the plane was new and clean, although restrooms after 3 hours were dirty until the end of 13 hour long flight. No soap, no paper towels to dry wet hands on. Seats were uncomfortable, we felt squashed between rows. Food was good. Service was OK. Entertainment was outdated. The air in the cabin was OK. Return from Istanbul to LAX, the plane was full. This time we got an old plane, seats were extremely uncomfortable, food was bad and the air in the cabin was hot and stuffy, toilet conditions were awful. Could not sleep a minute. Given a choice, I would stay away from Turkish.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Patrick Davies    (UK)

Flew from LGW-IST-DAR-JRO-MBA-IST-LHR, all with Turkish. Was disappointed by the size of the seats. The service onboard was quite rude, and the quality of the food was poor. I also found the check-in agents quite rude. My IFE was not working, with no apology. I would not recommend Turkish Airlines from this experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by C Watson    (Switzerland)

GVA-IST-KTM return. Inconsistency is the hallmark of Turkish Airlines. It was very nice to have free drinks, a nice dinner and an in-flight movie (screens above the seats) on a 3 hour European flight. However, on the next leg to Kathmandu, there was no seat-back IFE and when they played the movie, you got English in one ear and Turkish in the other. (I would have liked a movie to block out the sound of the 3 infants near my seat.) On the way back, there were seat back screens all the way, even on the short-haul flight back to Geneva. The food was superb, although I never know why airlines flying to majority Hindu countries don't have a vegetarian option and Turkish coffee would have been nice. Cabin attendants don't seem too concerned with safety (I don't think they check to see if seatbelts are done up) and while they may appear unfriendly, I think many passengers don't pick up on the Turkish "long-blink-with-pursed-lips" facial expression equivalent of a smile. The policy of having one cabin attendant per trolley didn't seem to be too efficient. The two-class configuration on short haul (where one of the cabin attendants is designated as a "chef") may actually result in a lower staff-passenger ratio for economy passengers compared to a low-cost carrier where they need to sell. At times, the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed Short delay on the Kathmandu flights - not a big deal but no explanation. On some sectors, the pilots didn't address the passengers at all and other times they did. Finally, the complementary tour of Istanbul for transit passengers (including food) is a nice touch. Clearly Turkish have the right idea, they just need to standardise their product.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Drummond Lee    (Australia)

Flew HKG-CDG-HKG, Premium Economy, Aug/Oct 2013 with a stop in Istanbul. Unfortunately Istanbul - CDG leg was in economy as no Premium available. Both Premium and Economy were miles above most airlines for service, comfort and food. The entertainment system was great with plenty of movies and music. Free wifi was a bonus I didn't expect. Definitely want to fly Turkish again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Christopher Love    (Australia)

London LGW to BKK via IST. Business Class Passenger. LGW-IST sector on older Airbus. Only 2 out of 20 BC passengers. Only BC Toilet out of action. Seat Mechanism did not operate. Could not eject remote control from socket. Food very bland and wine selection poor. LCD screen, at alternative seat very faint and could not be adjusted. IST-BKK sector had much new Aircraft but again food quality very ordinary despite one attendant being dressed as "Chef", Food was microwaved and very bland. Indifferent staff on both sectors. Got distinct impression that if they liked you, you got better service.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Tapani Vuola    (Finland)

HEL-IST-HEL. I was impressed the short check in both ways, the planes boarded, left and arrived in time, the luggage was quickly delivered (in Istanbul already, when reaching the belt). The plane was a new AB321 and clean. A real lunch with beverage was served (with a menu and choice of two dishes). The crew was at the highest adequate (this a clear development point), but not friendly. Name tags for the bag were finished both in Helsinki and Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by D Parker    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi on flight TK 0868 on Thur 17 Oct 2013. It had been a great holiday but the flight out was a real let down. For inexplicable reasons our seats were in a hot zone in the plane and we felt like we were being subjected to some sort of in-flight sauna! We did ask the flight attendant (twice in fact) if she could let the flight engineer know of our discomfort. Nothing changed and our four hour flight was awful (not helped by the fact that my wife already felt under the weather). The staff member to whom we reported the fault appeared genuinely sympathetic, but although the rear seats in the plane did get cooler we sweltered the whole trip. I think Turkey's a great place and would like to visit it again - but I will not travel on Turkish airlines again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Rahman Mehtab    (UK)

LHR-IST-DAC. LHR-IST in cramped A320, rushed and poor service, with cabin crew having very poor English skills. Crew forgot to serve our row, and when this was pointed out, was shown palm as she was 'busy' and would deal with it when she had time. Finally, got meal served 45 minutes later than other passengers. On arrival at Istanbul, TK ground staff showed indifference to questions asked about the complimentary 'TourIstanbul' offer for long transits, indicating I would have to find out at my own initiative if I could avail it, and that they would not be able to provide any advise! Ataturk Airport is busy, but has a good selection of duty free, and some nice lounges. IST-DAC on leased Meridiana Aircraft. Terrible flight, poor service. However, flight departed on time and arrived early. I had no in-seat entertainment console/remote as it had been ripped off its place I assume, hence was unable to view inflight entertainment - did not miss much, it was only 5 channels of not-so-new movies. Cabin crew were lax with security, and the service was very poor. TK takes pride in their 'Turkish Hospitality', but I found the hospitality of theirs quite poor to be truthful. I certainly will not be flying with them again. TK is no competition for the likes of EK, QR or even BA for that matter.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Schmittinger Gerd    (Germany)

My decision to fly this time with Turkish was based on getting a flight at the most economic price with the shortest stopovers: Stuttgart via Istanbul to Cape Town and back. I was pleasantly surprised! The service at the counter was very professional and friendly. No long queues. No hassle with a bag being slightly too thick (having to be re-packed as done at other airlines) and an allowance of 30kg checked in baggage, great. Unlike the often older aircraft used by other airlines, the planes, Airbus, were modern and the entertainment systems worked. The food and refreshments, excellent! Service good. What a pleasant surprise to be able to purchase goods at the airport in Istanbul in Euros. My only advisory comment is that Turkish need to train their staff how to handle difficult (or rude) customers as they sometimes seemed to be impatient with these. I will definitely fly Turkish again and highly recommend it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by A Vardi    (USA)

JFK-IST, Sep 25. IST-TLV, Sep 30. TLV-IST, Oct 14. IST-JFK, Oct 14. There was not enough leg room. Service was OK. Entertainment system failed twice. Flight crew ignored passengers without seat belts during bumpy ride and during landing. Announcements in English were incomprehensible. Food was excellent! Price was much lower than competition.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 October 2013 by H Coburn    (Australia)

My partner and I flew on TK 1035 from IST-BUD on 20th September 2013. We board and I have the window, my partner the middle seat and a very large passenger sits in the aisle. Had to have an extension seat belt and spilled over into my partner's seat. We paid AUD 553 each for the one way trip. I'm only 162cm and I felt squashed.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by S Adams    (USA)

Our family of five adults recently traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to IST to DAR and back. The new lounge in IST is gorgeous! The LAX-IST legs were excellent: comfortable seats, attentive staff, good food. The IST-DAR legs were only fair: seat controls didn't work, staff was less than attentive, food was mediocre. But the biggest problem we had was with the online reservation system. Even though I had printouts of the electronic tickets, the system kept saying we had not booked, and did not allow me to check in. Worse than that, the ground personnel had a lot of trouble checking us in. By using the electronic ticket numbers (and not the confirmation code, which said our reservations didn't exist), the agent could see our reservation but not check us in or print out boarding passes. Very frustrating! Finally they figured out a work-around and we were able to board.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by A Christner    (USA)

I flew Turkish Airlines for the first time recently, and was very impressed. I just flew shorter flights between Athens and Istanbul, and Izmir and Istanbul, but found the cabin crew to be professional and gracious, and even on a one hour regional flight, still received a meal of a whole grain roll with cheese, green lettuce, and tomato, with some yoghurt as well. After flying United with its deathly pale iceberg lettuce and overcooked food on a long flight, it was really refreshing! Maybe I was on the newer planes, but they were so clean and with individual screens even on shorter flights. Great experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Syed Wasil Kaleem    (Pakistan)

Travelled from ISB to IST and return in January 2013. I would never fly TK again to Turkey. I would rather take the middle eastern carriers. The flight lasted 6 hours and there was no IFE. The cabin crew were not too friendly either and they just kept to themselves. Food, however, was good. Overall, a really bad experience. Will not travel with them again unless they improve their service on this route.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Tsabar    (USA)

TLV to IAH - totally different experience than the outbound trip two weeks earlier. TLV to IST took off 45 minutes late. A group of us (16 people) with a 1 hour IST connection to the IST-IAH flight were assured we will make our flight (as we were earlier told by the agent after buying the ticket). Upon landing in IST, we were gathered and made to run across the terminal to our IST-IAH fanlight, only to find out someone probably forgot to ask for this flight to be held for us (despite what we were told). The flight was already in the air. Lots of confusion and lack of initiative led to a 3 hours fiasco before we were rescheduled for the next day's flight. We were taken to a hotel (Radisson). Kosher food was not available, and food that was provided was poor at best. Next day flight IST to IAH took off 3 hours late while we were sitting in the cabin with no food or drinks (see previous posts - same experience). Food on the return leg was not as good as on the outbound leg. Bottom line - not sure all the above was worth the troubles. I will have to think long and hard before flying with THY again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Tsabar    (USA)

IAH to TLV - great flights, on time. Layover in IST too long in this small airport, but bearable. They served the signature Turkish Rahat Lokum (Turkish Delight) at IAH to all passengers in the lobby and gate areas. Free alcohol in economy during the flights and very nice crew - talking to customers with respect.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Clive Mason    (Thailand)

Dalaman to LHR, no problems with the 5 am flight until IST passport control. 1 and 2 had at least 500 people queuing but because I was economy class got barred from business class fast track check so had to push in or miss the 7.55 to LHR. Got to plane with 5 mins to spare, got seated and had 3 seats to myself. Just before take off captain announces a big delay and everyone had to get off. He said LHR was fog bound so a 2 hrs delay so back to departure lounge where 3 members of staff proceeded to shout out passenger names to the 200+ passengers so we could retrieve our boarding passes. This was chaos and very unprofessional. 2.5 hr wait then back on the plane where another 150 passengers appeared from nowhere to fill all seats then another 1 hour wait on the tarmac with no explanations before take off - total 3.5 hours delay with no food or drinks. It looks to me that I and the original passengers were held up for 3.5 hours waiting for the plane to fill up.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by S Green    (Israel)

LOS-IST-TLV. One word: Terrible. B737-900, LOS-IST. No air conditioning at LOS airport, and drinks are not allowed into gate. By the time you board, most passengers are very thirsty. Requests for water were shrugged off with the response "later". How can you refuse water to thirsty passengers. After take off, painfully slow dinner service, and a small plastic cup with water served. Of course it's not enough. Again FA would not supply more water. I even went to the galley, pointed at a full bottle of water, and asked for some. Again I was told to return to my seat, water will come later. I approached the inflight manager to complain, and situation improved. Poor English by pilots and FA's, couldn't understand any announcements. No soap in toilets, with nothing to dry wet hands on. Smiles from the crew were out of the question. Food was ordinary, can't understand where all the fuss about their food in Economy class comes from. Maybe from flights outside Africa. Flight to TLV slightly better crew, all in all cant judge all flights they operate, but for me it was the last time on TK.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by M Niall    (Australia)

We flew Paris to Kayseri on 30th September. Totally full flight from Paris to Istanbul. However good service and an uneventful flight. Had to move quickly to get to the domestic terminal for the flight to Kayseri. Luggage fortunately had been checked through. This flight not full and was uneventful. Quick service of a light meal as flight time just over an hour. All in all good flights.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by T Foran    (Canada)

YYZ-IST-YYZ. Turkish is inconsistent. Business class should be perfect from start to finish. Flight to IST was almost that. Return flight had rough edges. Turkish communication between lounge and gate had us waiting in the sweatbox gate long before we needed to be there. No separate boarding for Bus Class, in fact we went through security after we had already cleared it-Twice! On board staff demand that blinds must be closed on a day flight. Food good, wines not so great. Entertainment mediocre. Poor selection of music.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Laura Gough    (USA)

LAX to Istanbul. No problem except leg room, which is rather uncomfortable if you are somewhat tall (5' 8" and my husband is 6'0") and it was very warm on the plane. Coming back, what really bothered me was that going to the restroom early on in the flight, the trash was full and the pump soap was empty. Someone had thrown bars of soap onto the counter. A 13 hour flight with guessing 300 people. Not very sanitary. Staff were polite and courteous. Good entertainment choices. Food average but I'm not the best judge for that. I'm not sure I would like to fly this airline again, given a choice.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Maya Lovric    (Canada)

Toronto-Istanbul-Sarajevo. September 16th 2013. This was the first time taking Turkish Airlines and it definitely wont be the last. I was impressed with the aircraft cleanliness, service, food and especially free wifi on board.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by L Barron    (USA)

Sep 25 to fly from Houston to Istanbul. We had about a 20 minute delay but we arrived on time to Istanbul. We flew using Economy and our legs were pretty cramped in there because the guy in front of us who had an exit row leaned his seat back. The food was good and also the movies they had for us to watch were fine. On the flight from Istanbul to Berlin, there is a 3 hour flight and once again we are provided with food and movies. This flight is fine. On the return flight on Oct 2, going from Berlin to Istanbul was fine they served breakfast on this flight but no TV was in our seat, but that was fine because we were exhausted anyway and just slept. Once we arrived at Istanbul our flight to Houston was on time as far as us getting on the plane, however we then had complications. There was a 3 hour delay while on the plane before we took off. We sat in exit row this time with comfortable leg room. Our flight landed about 3 hours late, but I was ok with it because it was my final destination.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Adrian Kessler    (Malaysia)

Geneva-Istanbul (A319) - Istanbul-Kuala Lumpur (A340-300) on August 6th-7th 2013. Flight from Geneva to Istanbul was smooth, nothing special. Flight from Istanbul to KL service-wise was flawless and seamless. Very attentive service, needs were taken care of before you asked, and very good food, although I have had even better food on other THY flights. My real issue is with the business class seat sleeping comfort on the A340-300.I am not sure at what angle the seat reclines, but it is pretty nasty, I was annoyed because the ticket price was pretty high. I wonder why, Turkish, a forward looking airline as using the A340-300 on the IST-KL run with this seating arrangement in business class. I just hope that Turkish will either change the planes on the IST-KL run, or do something about the seating in their A340-300.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Alan Dhana    (Indonesia)

I flew business class from CGK-IST-AMS, overall it was a great experience, but unfortunately it was not very memorable. The seat itself was great and comfortable, the cabin layout was modern and clean, however I found out that the cabin crew seemed to be inconsistent. They did not really interact with the passengers, less smiles and seemed to lack manners. On the other side, indeed there were the dedicated cabin crew who were willing to care and serve the passengers. My verdict is, THY is still great airline to fly, but it is not really that consistent compared to other airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Four flights with Turkish in the past two weeks - all in economy. Cape Town to Istanbul, Istanbul to Paris, London Gatwick to Istanbul and Istanbul back to Cape Town. All flights were on time or early. The planes were reasonably new, clean and comfortable. The flight back to Cape Town was completely full but even that wasn't uncomfortable. The staff were always helpful and polite. The seats are reasonably comfortable with good pitch - my gripe is the foot rest which isn't convenient if you are tall and gets in the way when folded up. The entertainment system is varied and the screens large (no individual screens on the plane from Gatwick). Food was plentiful and tasty. And there are a few extras - a substantial amenity kit - sometimes in a tin. Slippers and a Turkish delight as a welcome sweet. And in addition their prices are excellent so it doesn't surprise me that they keep winning awards.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Joachim Fredersdorf    (Germany)

Business Class from Berlin to JRO with B737-900. Seats are horrible, no lie fla. Catering bad, crew throw the meals out in business and then disappear. Return was even worse, at the airport we got told there was a 2 hr delay and then we missed the connection to Berlin and had a 4 hr delay.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Melanie Pope    (Australia)

Highly disappointing. We flew from Singapore to Germany with an infant and it was horrible. We ordered a bassinet and baby food and neither was given to us. The airline staff did not bring a bassinet for the child and no children were given food on the flight. Furthermore we had to wait for an hour for a bottle of water and the air- conditioning did not work which made it hot and stuffy on the plane. It was the biggest waste of money for the tickets and I would never fly with them again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Ashok Jain    (USA)

I travelled, along with my Wife, from Istanbul to New Delhi on 17th Sep, TK 716. While booking the tickets I was assured by the travel agent that the plane would have the full bed facility in business class and that the plane would be A330-300. When I boarded the plane: The Entertainment System was not working. The reading lights could not be switched off with the result that the cabin crew used masking tapes to cover the light. The electronic switches to adjust the seats were not working, it was worse than economy class where one can at least recline the seats. The Flight Purser remarked that the airlines have two similar such planes and they always have problems on these planes and this was a last minute change. I will strongly keep away from TKY.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by D Ellis    (Switzerland)

IST to JNB and return. On both legs the business class was disappointing. The best part was the seat: the flight attendants lacked warmth and appeared overwhelmed despite there being so many of them. The food on the inbound leg was especially poor. IFE malfunctioned and had to be rebooted several times. One of the flight attendants spilled wine on me and then told me it was my fault. Never again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by D Stebeleski    (Uganda)

Entebbe-Istanbul-New York JFK. All fights were good, the check-in was professional and fast, bag was overweight by 5kg and nothing said. Food was good, good Turkish wine in glass bottles, legroom on the 737 to Istanbul excellent, not so great to JFK on the 777, good entertainment selection, free wifi onboard the 777, plane on boarding was filthy when in Istanbul to JFK it really let the experience down to see this, rubbish on the floor and not vacuumed. Attendants were pleasant but not smiling, Turkish people are very kind, its a shame it does not come across on most of the staff. I found the ground staff in Istanbul all excellent and efficient. I fly with Turkish a few times a year and will continue to do so.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Ross Algie    (Australia)

We flew economy from Bangkok to HCMC (Saigon). The cabin was the dirtiest I've encountered. When I opened the tray table there was vegetable matter there, gravy had dripped down the seat, as well as what looked like cola. The floor hadn't been cleaned as there were food scraps along the floor mounts. No IFE at all. Food was a dismal chicken and cheese sandwich and a slice of cake. One of the exit lamps was playing up, so the attendant whacked it with her hand - to no avail. Cabin crew were inattentive and appeared bored. This flight originated in Istanbul and flew to HCMC via Bangkok. Perhaps the crew didn't change in BKK? The plane was an older 777-300 and the seats looked like they needed a good scrub. By comparison, the business class seats looked good. It beats me how this airline has won 'Best European Airlines' 3 years running.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Flight from Jakarta to Istanbul and on to Luxembourg in Economy. Good seats and service; very full flights but good service from stewards on the long-haul section. Child meals were suitable and served quickly with no problems and inflight entertainment kept them happy. Good selection of toys also helped. I enjoyed Efes beer and a good beef main course with rice. Overall a quality experience and made the long flight relatively painless. Will fly again within Europe.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Gary Schoberl    (Hungary)

Flew TK071, HKG-IST on 29/08/2013. There was a delay of 30 mins or so, no explanation from crews. Inflight entertainment and the food was superb. However the cabin crew were so unfriendly and they disappeared after the first service. No water or beverages offering during the flight until next service (breakfast) 2.5 hours before landing. I won't be travelling with Turkish Airlines until they improve their customer service.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Mustafa Kemal    (USA)

My first TK A330-300 trip, my first Y experience on TK for a long time. The plane was full. I have never seen speciality meals delivered through the same door the pax were boarding, very unprofessional. FA asking the gate agents to check some luggage (gate check), they had no idea how to deal with it. I have never seen giant garbage bags piled up at the doors during the flight, as if there was no place to store it. Never seen one of the chefs coming off from his rest in a t-shirt, carrying his uniform in his hand. It was chaotic for the whole flight, constant shuttling of food, trays, bags, drinks back and forth. Slow, inattentive service. Good luck to the cleaning crew to turn it around on time. On the plus side, most of the front lavatories were larger than I'm used to, Thanks to the inflight entertainment, iphone and my noise cancelling headphones, I was happy. The Y seats were not comfortable for me for the 10.40 hrs flight. I hope I never have to do that again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Holstein Hans-Jürgen    (Germany)

My wife and I had a Business Class trip from Istanbul to Hamburg on 9th September. My seat was 01D. The backrest kept moving in rest position and could only be brought back manually, after 5 min. The safety belt with the lock was twisted by 180 degrees and could not be refitted on the plane. The stewardess just told me to take another seat. The luggage marked with the priority label arrived on the conveyor belt approx after 50% of all suitcases. These small faults shows me that this Airline is not consistent in the quality of their technical standards. After this trip I asked myself how this Airline deals with bigger technical problems. I cannot recommend it.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Taskin Chowdhury    (UK)

The return flight was overbooked, hence they put us on a flight 7 hours later. They promised food vouchers but we never got them so ended up buying our own thing. When we were given boarding passes, 2 out of 3 of them were hand written which was refused by the immigration officer after 1 hour of queuing. Had to go back to the airline desk and staff behaved as if it was our fault. when they issued printed boarding passes now, they changed our seats to the back of the plane! When we eventually boarded the crew again shifted us to other seats. Offered a meal, but they only had beef! I asked for a child pack and they did not have that either. Then I asked for a pillow / blanket for my baby, which I was refused and stated that there were none.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2013 by Cem Ozgenoglu    (UK)

London to Istanbul, 16/08/13, flight TK1980. 2 out of my last 3 flights were delayed. One for 6 hrs on a 3.5 hrs flight and another 1.15 hrs on 50 min flight. There is lack of information and communication from ground staff and poor customer relations. I find food to be average. Never had any problems with cabin crew as they are very professional. I think Turkish Airlines expanded its fleet and destinations too much too soon and now cannot manage it properly.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by M Menon    (Greece)

19/08, ATH-IST, Boeing 737-800. A small flight, no entertainment, but excellent services. IST-BOM, Boeing 777-300 with full inflight entertainment, good enough, very nice food service. Friendly and co-operative staff. Traveled back on 02/09, BOM-IST and IST-ATH, same experience, no complaints, food, entertainment and friendly staff. Good leg room. Very important to me as I am 180'. Good food. Good Entertainment system. Friendly Cabin Crew. Definitely recommended.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

Istanbul - Odessa. Flight was full but left and landed on time. Cabin crew were good and managed to serve a reasonable meal on this short flight. I have no hesitation in flying Turkish Airlines as the planes are fairly new and seats are comfortable. There was no inflight entertainment and the English spoken by the crew easy to understand.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by S Han    (Singapore)

Singapore to Dublin via Istanbul and return Dublin to Singapore also via Istanbul. Appreciate the night kit that they provide on the overnight flight from Istanbul to Singapore. It was in a metal box which is sort of nice and could be a collector's item. First time that I had received such a nice night kit for an overnight flight. Food was good. IFE was reasonably good though films are not the latest. Cabin crew was kept busy as their flights are full on all the four sectors. Turkish Airlines must be doing something right to be attracting some many customers. A consequence of the full flight was the toilets were not cleaned and one was choked throughout the flight back to Singapore without anyone clearing it. Overall a nice experience with THY.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Elena Grachova    (Jordan)

I flew 2 weeks ago Amman-Istanbul-Dnepropetrovsk return. Starting from service and finishing by inflight entertainment everything was excellent, on my way back I had delayed baggage but it was delivered after a few hours to my home.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Hashim Azlan    (Malaysia)

I had an excellent team of cabin crew on TK1053 to Zagreb on the 21st of August. They were really friendly and warm during the flight. The cold sandwich plus, cheese and crackers on 2 hours flight was practical and the portion was good too. The drinks selection was impressive. In general cabin and toilets were in a good condition when knowing it was an older version of an Airbus A320. Keep it up TK.

Earlier comments for Turkish Airlines have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).