PAGE loading ... please wait!

Tunisair Passenger Reviews and Tunisair Customer Trip Reports

Tunisair Business class seat reviews

Tunisair Aircraft Seat Plans

Destinations & Aircraft Fleet Guide

VOTE  » HERE  FOR THE AIRLINE OF THE YEAR

TUNISAIR Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Rahma Chaabouni    (Tunisia)

Very bad service. Frequent delays. Very unfriendly hostesses. Definitely not worth the money but forced to fly with them because there are no other companies offering the same trajectory (BCN-TUN).

TUNISAIR Customer review :  21 August 2014 by N Islam    (UK)

7th August, LHR to Tunis airport, 1 hour delay. No entertainment, cabin crew were horrible, no smile etc. Returned on 14th August, Tunis Carthage airport to LHR. Departure time was 11.50. Went to check-in told delayed to 13.00, then 14.30, then finally we flew at 15.30. While we were seated at the airport a bottle of water and a cheap roll was given, it was tasteless. When we finally onboard there were no announcements made in English. Again cabin crew were rude and food given in the plane was rubbish. We touched down at LHR at 18.35. I will never fly with this airline again.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Orzechowski    (USA)

Venice - Tunis and Monastir - Nice. Tunisair impressed me again! They serve hot, tasty meal on flights that are in the air for only 1 hour 10 minutes. Crew is only bilingual (Arabic and French) which is fun.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  28 July 2014 by F Juergens    (Germany)

Mid June I flew DUS-TUN-DUS. The first flight was 1 hour delayed, the cabin old and worn and not really clean. The service was absolutely okay with a warm meal (beef). The flight back was much better: delay only half an hour, the cabin clean, seemingly new and very well designed. The flight attendants were not overly warm, but attentive and very professional. They gave a nice small breakfast, which was appropriate for the 21/2 hours flight. Competitive rate. Would fly Tunisair again!

TUNISAIR Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Walker    (UK)

What a great airline. For a North African airline I was very pleased. Staff were very friendly, the seats were very comfy and very roomy which was a surprise. Food was satisfactory however a little downside for otherwise a very pleasant flight. Flight was from Tunis to LHR. I would 100% use them again if I have another family holiday to Tunisia.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  4 May 2014 by J Patel    (UK)

Travelled Tunisair only as the price was cheaper than other airlines. Unfortunately this showed in the service. Staff were rude, when I advised that I had asked for a veg meal at time of booking they laughed at me and did not offer extra salad/fruits etc. The messages during the flight by the captain I think were in French and again made no effort to translate to English. Very poor service!

TUNISAIR Customer review :  3 March 2014 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

Flew LHR-TUN in Feb 2014. The flight out was delayed over 4 hours. I believe this was a combination of the British weather and Tunisair, but no information was provided beyond being told at check-in the flight would be delayed by 1˝ hours. Meal vouchers were provided 1 hour before boarding, but by that point I'd already paid for a meal. Flight was OK, but vegetarian food was inedible. Return flight was delayed by about one hour. Again, no information provided. The vegetarian meal was the same as the flight out, ie inedible. The price was cheap, but arriving into Tunis at 02h00 was sub-optimal.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  21 November 2013 by R Mantell    (UK)

My flight to Tunis was 1 hour late leaving Heathrow and 2 hours late on the return from Tunis. This seems to be the norm for this airline. (Tunis airport is chaotic, but this is not the fault of Tunis Air).

TUNISAIR Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Bill Cooke    (UK)

LHR-TUNIS-LHR, out 1 Oct return 11 Oct 2013. Flight delayed 1 hour both times, hot meal provided on both flights even in economy. Newer A320 both ways, crew pleasant, no real complaints except the late departures!

TUNISAIR Customer review :  21 October 2013 by E Coupe    (UK)

4 hours late going and 2 hours late returning. In fairness once we were flying there was nothing wrong with the seats, food or service. It was just getting the planes to take off that was the problem! At both Gatwick and Enfidha there were no public announcements at all. The flight from Gatwick was delayed for over 2 hours after the information board had shown that we were boarding. Flight diverted to Tunis because of bad weather and then left in lounge again with no information. On landing at Enfidha we had to wait over an hour for our luggage to come off. On the return trip we waited at the gate4 for an hour, saw one plane come in, unload fill up with food and then disappear without anyone boarding. We were then moved to another gate but only after other travellers button- holed a ground crew person. Then waited after boarding had to wait for another hour while a technical check was carried out - this to a plane that had just landed!

TUNISAIR Customer review :  3 September 2013 by M Baughman    (USA)

ABJ to TUN in an older A320. Flight left at 1.30 am and I wasn't expecting much in terms of meal service, but a drink of any kind would have been nice, maybe coffee or tea before we landed since it was 7.00 am at that point. There were extra crew on board and one had a little boy who ran up and down the aisle much of the flight, playing with the FA's in the galley and waking up passengers. Ground staff in ABJ and TUN very nice and helpful. I would only recommend to a seasoned traveler.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  5 August 2013 by J Tydeman    (UK)

We flew from Heathrow to Tunis as BA let us down with a schedule change, so we didn't exactly choose this airline as we were left with no choice. The flight was not exactly cheap. The plane took off nearly an hour late. The passenger next to me told me they are always late. On board, there is no entertainment, not even in in-flight magazine! The food was poor, and my partner's veggie meal didn't materialise, a fact which the air hostess took great delight in confirming. He wasn't even offered a snack or an extra drink by way of an apology. My seat was broken so kept reclining even though I didn't want it to, which must have been very annoying for the person behind me. Other seats seemed to be having the same issue. The cabin was dated and filthy. We landed only 15 minutes late having made up time but the luggage took an hour to take the short journey from the aircraft to the tiny terminal at Tunis. When we checked in at our hotel in Tunis and we told them we'd flown with Tunisair they told us, laughing, "you shouldn't have". Clearly, this airline has an appalling reputation. Journey home was similar experience.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  16 July 2013 by S Crowther    (UK)

LHR-Tunis return flights July 2013. Outward flight from T4 delayed 1 hour - pleasant flight with a good meal and red wine (only had 1 as they ran out). On landing had to descend by stairs to awaiting coaches. Return flight left on time and meal was good although when I asked for wine, the stewardess looked aghast saying they don't serve wine or beer? Leg room was very good though not enough toilets - always a queue.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  7 May 2013 by Kevin König    (Germany)

FRA to TUN. Price was really cheap for biz, with nice seats and a good service. They did not offer any English newspapers on the plane or in the Tunis Lounge I cannot understand. Would fly with them again.

TUNISAIR Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Russell Edwards    (UK)

MAN-TUN in May 2012. Plenty of leg room, and the food was excellent. Staff were pleasant enough, bearing in mind they have a plane full of passengers to attend to, so you cant expect devoted service. Only down side I found was that there was no choice of drinks. If you wanted a beer, you asked for it, and were given a can. Don't know if wine or spirits were available. Would use again. It certainly made a change from the charters, and price we paid, was very competitive indeed. On the return flight from Enfidha, we were given exit seats, which allowed us to stretch our legs, and the food, again, was excellent.

TUNISAIR customer review :  1 August 2012 by A Orzechowski   (USA)

MXP-TUN, MIR-FCO. Check in easy on both routes. There are crew to greet you at the door but they do not smile. Crew service good but will assume you speak Arabic. Meal on outbound flight was delicious. Meal on Rome sector was cold and disgusting, but only an hour flight. Both flights on time and even early into Tunis.

TUNISAIR customer review :  27 July 2012 by P Homer   (UK)

LHR-TUN return to LHR. Aircraft was A320, on both legs a little old but well maintained. Cabin was tidy and the crew were smiling and responding to all demands. Pitch is ok and you are allowed to carry 20 kilos of luggage. We had a choice of 3 meals on a 2 hr 45 mins flight, beer is on demand and you could take whatever you want. A good experience.

TUNISAIR customer review :  10 April 2012 by Jeremy O'Brian   (UK)

TUNISAIR customer review :  23 November 2011 by Adam Taylor   (UK)

LHR-TUN return. Both legs were on 2 of the older A320's in the fleet which are showing their age! The flight from LHR left 1 hour later than the STD however this was due to the aircraft arriving late from Tunis. Upon return the flight left 45 minutes late as there was no Ramp staff in Tunis to load the baggage and hence we had to wait for these to become available to load the baggage/cargo before we could depart. The food even by airline food quality is very poor. However the seating in economy is very impressive both in width and pitch. It must also be said that the cabin crew are extremely helpful and very polite.

TUNISAIR customer review :  19 November 2011 by I Sahbani   (UAE)

I am very disappointed about my trip on Tunisair 327, Airbus 320. I booked business class and expected a comfortable seat, however there was no difference between it and the economy one. Even the package they are offering for socks, ear plugs and eye masks is very cheap and doesn't reflect business class. I paid a large amount and expected a professional service.

TUNISAIR customer review :  12 July 2011 by A Or   (UK)

LHR-TUN return. Travelled as a family of 4. Very friendly cabin crew, A319 with at-seat PTV on both flights. Food was great as well and I would be happy to fly with them again in the future.

TUNISAIR customer review :  9 June 2011 by M Sauer   (Germany)

DUS-DJE-DUS Tunisair Economy Charter, crew varied from friendly to neutral. Planes a bit worn. Food better than German airlines flying into Tunisia.

TUNISAIR customer review :  21 April 2011 by B Klug   (Germany)

FRA-TUN-FRA Pretty worn cabin and cramped seating. Food okay. Staff a bit nonchalant and not too serious about their position as hosts. But on time and relatively good value for money.

TUNISAIR customer review :  23 November 2010 by Gregory White   (South Africa)

TUN-CAI in Business Class. Check-in quick and efficient. Lounge in Tunis staffed by surly bar attendant. Boarding orderly. Excellent cabin crew in business class. Seats were normal Y class seats with extra legroom and the middle seat blocked as a table, and was comfortable for a 3 hour flight. Excellent meal was served accompanied by high quality wine and champagne. All in all a very satisfactory experience.

TUNISAIR customer review :  18 August 2010 by B Giannakopoulos   (Canada)

ATH-TUN-ATH, A319, the aircraft configure with all economy class. Check in on both directions fine. The cabin was fine and aircraft seem to be in shape. We had a hot meal with a choice of drinks. The service was very good and crew was fine for a short flight. Our return flight to Athens we had a good breakfast. Overall I was satisfied.

TUNISAIR customer review :  18 August 2010 by Jackie Woods   (UK)

Gatwick to Djerba via Monastir. The outbound flight was four hours late leaving, with no explanation. The plane was fairly old and tatty, but clean and plenty of leg room. The cabin staff were friendly and courteous. The food served was by far the most revolting meal I have ever had. For some reason, the plane went straight to Djerba rather than stopping first at Monastir, which was great for us and the other 8 passengers going ot Djerba, but not so good for the majority of people who were expecting the first stop to be Monastir! There was no explanation for this. The return flight was on time, and on a much newer plane, again with lovely cabin staff. To our horror, the same meal was served as on the outbound journey.

TUNISAIR customer review :  4 December 2009 by Adrien Seitenather   (France)

Paris Orly-Tunis return economy class. I didn't expect much from this airline. I bought my ticket at the latest, at a very cheap price of 200euros return. The service was superb, 6 cabin crew on A320 (usually only 4), very attentive, friendly, courteous. The food was nice and plentiful. The legroom was enough. Tunis airport is the easiest airport I travelled through so far.

TUNISAIR review : 15 September 2009 by D Freitas

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Lisbon-Tunis-Lisbon : my flights with Tunisair were awful. The planes were very dated A300-600, plane was dirty including our seats, toilets were smelly too. Food was reasonable, but most of my family didn't like it. Cabin staff not friendly at all. Unfortunately I thought it was better to fly Tunisair rather than a charter company - now I truly regret my choice.

TUNISAIR review : 14 July 2009 by P Guttenberger

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

Frankfurt - Tunis return. Very friendly staff, speak 3 languages. They took care for my son and offered him some gifts. Very good Tunisian meal - café, tea, juice, soft drinks, beer etc, in addition to newspapers for free.

TUNISAIR review : 26 June 2009 by M Majdi

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

Old A320, not the cleanest one, small seating space. Poor customer service hotline and finally their website is almost useless. I couldn't pay for the trip online so I had to call the customer service and I wish I didn't - they hang up on me many times, the operators are not polite. Crew is fine, nothing exceptional. In a nutshell I don't recommend it.

TUNISAIR review : 17 June 2009 : by D Starr

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

LHR-TUN economy. Very fast check in, no queues - probably hit Heathrow at quiet period. Flights on time with clean modern aircraft. A319/320 comfortable seating with adequate leg room. Tasty hot meal both directions with complimentary beer/wine. Crew friendly and could not fault any aspect of the flight.

TUNISAIR review : 26 March 2009 : by Bill Cooke

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

London-Tunis return on new A318 aircraft. Seating good, hot meals both ways, cabin crew friendly - overall pleasant experience. Tuesday flights are preferable to weekend ones and are cheaper too!

TUNISAIR review : 17 March 2009 : by S Groll

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

TUN-FRA on a 737-600. Very good experience. Although the flight time was relatively short, Tunisair served a hot meal and complimentary wine. Altogether much better service than for example German carriers offer on similar routes. Best of all: the flight was considerably cheaper.

Tunisair - by M Chakroun

19 July 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

VIE-TUN. Boeing 737-600 looked tired but inflight service excellent for a 2 hour flight. Flight attendants friendly. It is a shame that Tunisair does not keep its planes tidy and clean.

Tunisair - by Tony Close

15 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

LHR-TUN. Return flights both excellent. Aircraft up to date and very clean. Food and drinks of high quality, and cabin crew were excellent.

Tunisair - by S Gibbings

15 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

LHR-TUN-LHR. I fly to Tunisia 2 or 3 times a year and don't see anything wrong with Tunisair. The aircraft (A320 both ways) was spotless, staff extremely pleasant and the food (both ways) was lovely - at least they serve proper meals, which is more than GB Airways have done for years! We even had a choice of meals. Both flights were punctual and arrived early into Tunis Carthage airport. My only gripe is that the fares can be a bit pricey sometimes, but if they're not the cheapest, I use another carrier!

Tunisair - by Riccardo Cerutti

2 August 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

MXP-DJE return. Airbus 320 were pretty old. The seat pitch was OK. The staff was efficient and friendly. Lunch wasn't very good - breakfast was good. Both flights were on time.

Tunisair - by Adam Taylor

1 March 2007

Have travelled on TU about 4 times from London to Tunis, generally on time and operated by A320 aircraft. The legroom is ok for a 3 hour flight but food is poor. Cabin crew are ok but dont seem to smile much or show any real interest. The majority of there A320's are getting on a bit as this shows by the minor defects like seats and food trays. If you travel at the right time you can get some great fares on Tunis Air but at peak times like Christmas, New Year and other religous festivals it is very expensive for what it is.

Tunisair - by Alberto Ortega

19 February 2007

BCN-TUN-BCN on Economy. Flight was punctual on both legs. The plane was a relatively old Airbus 320. Cabin announcements in Spanish, Arabic and French. A full meal was served in the outbound flight, and a breakfast on the return flight, which were very tasty. Staff didn't seem to be very motivated but were efficient in all cases.

Tunisair - by Jack Sheldon

20 November 2006

GVA-TUN-GVA. Tunisair has a virtual monopoly on this route and it shows. There was nothing wrong with the flight - everything was on time, but the personnel on board showed no enthusiasm whatsoever for what they were doing. As an example, the pre-flight briefings were delivered in such an indifferent manner (in Arabic and French) that absolutely no-one could be bothered paying attention. Legroom is very minimal, just about OK for a 1 1/2 hour flight but not for longer (plane was an A320). Plane is a little tatty inside with no effort to repair minor deficiencies.

Tunisair - by Tiago Ladeira

22 September 2006

Lisbon-Tunis-Lisbon. Good plane, comfortable seats, food okay, cabin crew not very smiley but do the job. Outbound with delay of 3h30m with no explanation neither in the airport nor onboard. We were forced to wait next to the boarding gate, but we were served a sandwich and drink of our choice. The flight was okay, a new and clean Airbus, onboard crew okay. Overall classification - acceptable.

Tunisair - by S Scarparo

10 June 2006

LHR-TUN return. Outbound experience was a complete nightmare. Terminal 2 at LHR is a joke. Arrived at check-in 2hrs 20 mins before departure and queued for 1hr 15mins to be served. TU are handled by Air France who handle other airlines in T2. Only 2 check-in desks were open for the bank holiday weekend/half term week. When we did manage to check-in my party of 6 were split up although I had pre-assigned seats on the TU website when I made the reservation in January this year. Called TU reservations in London 2 days before to reconfirm my assigned seats. Flight was delayed 1 hour due to the late arrival of the aircraft from Tunis. TV departure screens displayed boarding so all passengers went to the gate on time and were then told about the delay and could not leave the gate area. The actual flight was very uneventful. Staff were rude and seemed extremely stressed. One stewardess actually pushed a child out the way who was in the aisle. My nephew had a child meal. The tray arrived with a NLML sticker on it (which is actually a Non Lacto Meal). Regular meal was pretty bad on a tiny tray. I opted for the chicken hot which was bland and for some reason was coated in egg/omelette style coating!? Asked for a cup of tea at the appropriate time and got coffee. Stewardess realised mistake, shrugged shoulders and walked off. Never got the tea! Had a quarter bottle of local white wine with the meal but it was off and tasted like vinegar (didn't bother asking for another one). Return flight was more successful. Managed to get Business Class seats for us although we were separated but this didn't matter. Flight was an all economy service although there was a business class section. Seat was comfortable but not sure I'd pay for it. Last minute gate change at Tunis without any announcements. Boarding was a bit chaotic with families first then supposedly rear seats followed by forward seats. Could not believe the meal! Was expecting a hot meal on a tray but was given a plastic packed Tuna sandwich (no choice)... No tray either so no napkin, no cake/salad not even a cup for tea/coffee. GB Airways last year were much better - just a shame they don't fly out from LHR! Anything good to say about TU?? Book in advance and you could get a really good fare. I paid Ł105 rtn including tax

Tunisair - by K Vora

18 May 2006

LHR-TUN-LHR. Ground arrangements couldn't have been better at LHR. On board, the baby bassinet which we ordered before hand was not available despite assurances at check-in. Cabins could have been cleaner. Seats were in a state od disrepair and uncomfortable. Luckily, it was a short flight. Crew could smile a bit more, but seemed intent on shoving the food trays on our laps and head back to their galley hide-out. Return flight was erratic. Despite booking the front row seats with baby bassinet, we were informed at check-in that these seats were not available. Onboard, three able bodied adults were sat on on side and the other seats were empty and so we decided to park our selves there. This wasn't very acceptable with the crew but we persevered and won. Logic? Food was generally OK. Unfortunately, it's the only direct flight to Tunis from Heathrow. I am inclined to travel to Gatwick next time and try out GB Airways.

Tunisair - by Rick Mitchell

7 April 2006

TU is the bargain carrier between BEY and DXP and it shows. Outbound ex BEY on TU833 on 28 March '06 Y class. My comments mirror Peter's comments from '04, posted below. Flight arrived on time ex Tunis, well- handeled on the ground by MEA, boarded ontime and arrived in DXB early. Bags arrived. Good. However, onboard you realize why it's cheap. The Airbus was dirty, seats were broken, toilets in disrepair and untidy. No sevice whatsoever for the frist hr of light. Then a dinner service (at 4:30am DXB time!?). Same comments as Peter except that there was no choice of unappetizing, tough meat dishes!). At one point I was standing in the aisle and a female fllight attendant approached me from the rear and shoved me into my seat. No "excuzez moi", or anything! (A first for me in over 25 years of international travel) I yelled at her in Arabic and all I got was a Gaullic shrug in response. the lights were kept on full force until they finished Duty Free sales. In-flight entertainment was watching the progression on the little o/h monitors. At least it induced sleep! Smiles not returned by the flight crew. Return flight TU834 on 2 April, '06 was better - slightly. Poor check- in procedures by local agent kept many of us waiting endlessly while they dealt with a costomer who seemed not to want to pay for his many extra bags. Thus no time DXB duty free shopping, despite being at the check-in 2hrs early. . Better plane this time, , friendlier crew - but not by much. Better food, but no doubt catered in DXB. Don't waste your money on C class. Seats can't be any wider than Y class, and in Y class the armrests fold up so you can get some extra hip and elbow room, and even stretch out if you are in an empty row. BTW, still no English newspapers, and only a few flight crew even attempt to speak it. The flight announcements seemed to be learned by rote, and not really understood. Anyway, its cheap.