Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  5 October 2012 by F Sharp    (UK)

Our many previous trips to Vancouver were via Canadian Affair and Thomas Cook flights. This year when six of my family over the space of a few days flew to Vancouver for our eldest son's wedding we used Air Transat. Paid for seats were changed, return flights changed from direct to one stop and one flight cancelled all together. The staff on the way out were fine although the food was indifferent. On the return journey we queued almost two hours to check our luggage in. The meal which was served some 2.5hours after take off (touchdown in Calgary delayed this) was down to a choice of one by the time it reached us. It was something we didn't like and it was basically take it or leave. No offer of even crisps or chocolate instead. We had to wait a further six hours before getting a small croissant and yoghurt. The cabin staff couldn't have cared less. Will we use Air Transat again. A resounding no.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 October 2012 by A Lapchinski    (Canada)

Club class from Toronto to Dublin and back in Sep 2012. To DUB was in second row and could not see drop down screen at all. Did not eat dinner which was served at 10.30 at night. Seat comfortable enough for sleeping. Breakfast consisted of a hard roll and fruit. The FA's did not know how to make a good cup of tea. Began to wonder about the wisdom of paying extra for Club class. But on the way back-what a difference! Individual television sets. I was in row 1 and could stretch my legs out straight. Started with champagne before takeoff, then drinks after take-off, meal service with wine (I picked my choice 45 days before), after dinner drinks, chocolate bars and pringles, Irish coffee, light lunch before landing, warm cookies and finally chocolate. Seat even had an electrical plug. Club class includes complimentary blanket, pillow, ear buds, hot wipes etc.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 October 2012 by T McVinnie    (UK)

Economy class from Gatwick to Vancouver and back and was pleasantly surprised. I was fortunate to have planes with seat-back televisions and found a decent amount of films/TV shows/audio etc, but no games. I'd say the food wasn't the best airplane food I'd tasted, but there are opportunities to buy food at the airports before boarding. If you're over 5ft 10ins tall and the person in front of you reclines their seat, you'll feel a bit squashed. Cabin crew on both trips were professional, hard-working and friendly, and bearing in mind the reasonable cost of the tickets I'm satisfied with the service and would use Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 October 2012 by M Deremiens    (Scotland)

The ticket I had was the seasonal charter from Glasgow-Calgary on the A330-200. I was in club class and I thought the service was excellent plus I was in the new cabin C-GITS and it was a wonderful environment with friendly crew, the price was 350 for 3 weeks with return!

Air Transat Customer review :  3 October 2012 by Linda Duff    (Canada)

We booked Club class for our trip to Italy, September 7, 2012 because of the added comfort level on a longer overnight trip. We were devastated by the transformation from the old Cub to the new Club class. The seats were very uncomfortable, there were more seats added to the cabin and the service was anything but good. On the way home September 28, 2012 we were treated to the old Club class on a plane that had not been refurbished. The difference was amazing - smaller amount of club seats, much more comfortable and roomier seats with absolutely great service. Change is not necessarily progressive, in this case it was just discomfort with poor service at a higher price.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 October 2012 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

YYZ-GLA-YYZ on a 310. Found the 2 wide seats near the rear to have greater pitch and width. Good value for $40. Planes were clean, staff hard working and pleasant. Eastbound arrived 1 hour early. Westbound delayed for 2.5 hours due to a mechanical but were kept updated frequently. All in all good value.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 September 2012 by R Pearson    (Canada)

Flew Toronto-Amsterdam return with 4 month old baby. Great service both ways! Young flight crew aboard outbound flight, preferred older crew on return - but no complaints. Bottles were warmed upon request. Plane was not full so we were given a seat for my daughter to sleep in and she slept the whole way! Smooth and comfortable flights always on time or early. This is my fourth time flying AT from Toronto to Amsterdam and have never had a bad experience with them! Have flown Club Class as well before, definitely worth it! Private washroom for club class only, much better food, free drinks and one flight attendant for club class only.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 September 2012 by M Dietrich    (Canada)

YYZ-FRA. Toronto to Frankfurt was an A330 with the old set up. Sat in Seat 4A which is an extra leg room seat. I am 6'5" and was able to stretch my legs straight. The seats are narrow, but otherwise comfortable. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. The food was good. if you want great service and amazing food spend the extra couple hundred dollars and fly with a different airline. There were recent movies played on the screens but had a tablet and watched my own. We left slightly late and arrived in Frankfurt almost 45 minutes early. On the Return flight from Frankfurt we had an A310 with the old configuration. I saved about $300 per ticket (bought 2) and I will defiantly fly with Air Transat again. If you want all the bells, whistles and comfort then spend the extra money but I just saved $600 and had a comfortable flight to Europe.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 September 2012 by Lucy Vergari    (Canada)

My husband and I travel at least twice per year on Air Transat, of all the times we have traveled together there has been only once or twice that we have been seated together, all other times I am seated either at the back of the plane my husband in front or the other way around. My husband and I just returned from Rome Italy on Sept. 8/12. We both speak Italian, at the check in counter we asked if we could sit together and were told sure since we were one of the first to check in, got the boarding passes, did not look at the seat number assuming we were seating together, when we got onboard we found out my husband had a window seat and I was seated across the aisle. So bottom line no matter if you pay extra or not you are not assured your seat selection. Is it to much to ask if anyone is travelling as a group / family to start their trip together.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 September 2012 by L Zand    (Canada)

Booked the ticket from Montreal to Lisbon in Mid-March for a late August Flight. At the time there were much cheaper tickets with Air Canada and Lufthansa, but since Air Transat was the only one with direct flights we opted for it. We even paid more for advance seat selection and leg room. Two weeks to our flight time we received an e-mail from Air Transat that our direct flight now has a stopover in Porto and our original flight time of 7.5 hours is now almost a 10 hour flight. We contacted Air Transat and told them that we are willing to stay an extra day in Lisbon and even pay for our hotel stay ourselves but come back with a direct flight the next day. Even though they had plenty of room in the next day flight, they told us that we have to pay $150 each for the change and even that would not guarantee they wont change seats and schedule on us again. The reservation and operation staff were extremely rude and unsupportive. The flights were late on both departure and return flights by 50 minutes and an hour respectively. The plane was ok on our departure but on our return flight it was the oldest Airbus that I have ever seen with the smallest and most uncomfortable seats to match it. Unless the ticket price is very cheap stay away from this airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  18 September 2012 by M Schepens    (Canada)

Never again will I fly with Air Transat. I purchased my ticket on June 26 to fly in club class from Toronto to Lisbon - flight taking place Sep 9 (direct). 2 days before my departure I received an e-mail stating that my flight was going to make a stop in Madrid. Explanation: charter companies can and will do that. Just be forewarned. On my way to Lisbon I also was - without prior notification from the airline - "bumped" since they suddenly did not have enough club class seats and was put into an economy seat. I found this out as I entered the plane and went to my seat. This, is unacceptable. If they do not have enough club class / first class seats they should not have sold me this ticket in the first place.

Air Transat Customer review :  18 September 2012 by Pete Maddison    (UK)

Flew Club class Manchester to Toronto. Difficult to fault. Smooth instant check in, comfortable seat with plenty of room and pleasant flight staff. Food was plentiful and good as we're the drinks. Only niggle was that there was no choice of meal as only one was left by the time we were served. Didn't really matter as what we got was good. Landed on time and luggage first off as promised. I recommend this airline without hesitation if choosing club class.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Brian Smith    (Spain)

Madrid to Montreal and then back from Toronto in August. Bought Option Plus, but we were upgraded free to Club both ways. Club is really a "quality economy" in-flight service with a bigger seat. Slightly annoying IFS schedule on the way back - with a cold snack served something like 90 mins after take off making a decent block of sleeping hours impossible which is a killer on a transatlantic flight leaving at 11pm. Breakfast was surprisingly good however and rather well done, although the airline doesn't seem keen on serving bread rolls. Complimentary drinks were a little thin on the ground on the return, but staff were approachable and attentive both ways. Seating, if a bit tired, was fine too with good space. Never bother with IFE, but it looked basic - overhead screens and that's that. Check-in via priority desk was instant, outbound all went to time, return delayed for an hour thanks to an unexplained non-existent plane. Luggage (tagged priority) came through very quickly at both Montreal and MAD T1.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 September 2012 by L Pereira    (Canada)

Flight on time, old A310, seating very cramped, no AVOD. Food quite poor, service from crew OK but nothing more. Price of ticket not cheap but direct flight from YUL to LIS makes this service bearable and with some value.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 September 2012 by W Ridoutt    (UK)

We travelled from Birmingham to Toronto in May in Club Class. The flight out was very good but on return the service was very poor. When the staff got to us they had run out of food options and we were told we only had the vegetarian option available. The attitude of the cabin crew was almost insulting and we told them so at the end of the flight.