Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  23 January 2013 by Jessica Davis    (Canada)

I flew option plus from Calgary to London Gatwick on December 19. Flight delayed due to weather in Vancouver and our flight crew being stuck there but staff kept us informed and when the crew did show up they were apologizing to all the passengers waiting. Flight was great with all the extras included in the upgrade, very much worth the cost for the option plus! Flight back also delayed and it was over booked, upon check in they asked if I would fly back the next day. Air Transat counter was a bit out of the way at Gatwick but was posted and easy to find. I received a complementary upgrade to business class on the way home which was a real treat on a long flight! Overall very happy with the service, food, entertainment and seat! I had a new plane going, an old plane on the way back and overall for the low cost in comparison to other airlines I would recommend it to anyone!

Air Transat Customer review :  10 January 2013 by J Dann    (Canada)

Flew Gatwick to Toronto on 7 Jan, 2013 (TS623) economy. Flight was busy and left a few minutes late. Attendants were good and was food was, for the most part edible. Plane did not feature their full entertainment - however it had USB charging facilities. Seats were a little tight (9 abreast on an A330) - but tickets were cheaper than other carriers. The outgoing flight (on 16 Dec) was on one of their refitted planes, which offered better seating and entertainment, although featured similar identifiable meat for dinner! Lights not fully dimmed despite it being an overnight flight - which was rather frustrating!

Air Transat Customer review :  2 January 2013 by K William    (UK)

London to Toronto with a connection with Westjet to Winnipeg. The long haul flight was cramped with virtually no leg room - the person to my right was very tall and he had to lean over me to fit into his seat. The inflight entertainment was a little TV screen that showed an old movie, food was not the best, but to be fair all economy food is mediocre at best.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Gloria Harrison    (UK)

UK-Calgary-UK. Seating cramped, no water in toilets to wash on return flight. Wanted payment for pillow and blankets (credit card in CAN$ only). 3 hours late going out, one hour late on return. Food mediocre, service mediocre, stingy on offering water and juice. Will not fly again with them and will not recommend them.

Air Transat Customer review :  13 December 2012 by J Lewis    (Germany)

The staff at the boarding gate were very rude. Seats extremely uncomfortable! Food was terrible. Drinks were only offered when food was brought around. Inflight entertainment did not work on the flight from Europe to Canada (a very long flight with no entertainment). Return flight, sound quality was so poor you could not stand to listen to it anyhow. Customer service took over 2 months to respond to my complaints. They made an unscheduled stop and as far as I am concerned if I pay the extra money for a direct flight I expect to get a direct flight!

Air Transat Customer review :  4 December 2012 by C Kam    (Canada)

Excellent flight from YYZ-CDG and the staff were great. Flying back from GLA-YYZ was the worst experience. The same bag I carried on the flight to CDG and then from CDG to LHR, I was told it was too heavy to be a carry on, and that I was only allowed one carry-on despite the fact my other 'carry-on' was a laptop bag, in clear contradiction with their posted signage. I was fobbed off with 'corporate policy'. Leaving GLA, their entertainment was still shown on a tube TV, and they didn't stock a single vegetarian meal, leaving a half- dozen people eating extra loaves of bread - which were stale.

Air Transat Customer review :  27 November 2012 by Robert Robinson    (UK)

Manchester to Toronto October 23rd, Must be the worst Airline l have travelled on. Very little space, food was awful, entertainment screens are still in the middle of the plane, staff just did not seem interested and just to make matters worse they tell you that this airline has won awards in Canada. Never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 November 2012 by N Jardine    (UK)

GLA-YYZ and return a week later. Outbound flight delayed by 20 mins because of no-shows, we were informed. Very hot cabin. Airbus A310 was full, not much legroom in my middle seat. Service was standard, smooth flight, pilot pointed out Greenland as we flew over. Return was also full, very chatty attendant who must have mentioned that we were going to arrive ahead of schedule in GLA about 10 times before take-off! Also informed that we were flying on the day of Air Transat's 25th anniversary. A bit more legroom this time, (different A310 maybe?) again service was fine, slept for a few hours and awoke to landing in fog in GLA, smooth despite this. Transat are the only operator to fly this route direct and that's why I booked. Actually flew home a week earlier than originally booked and had to pay full price but this is explained when purchasing so can't complain.

Air Transat Customer review :  13 November 2012 by Tim Dunning    (UK)

Travelled to Toronto from Gatwick November 5th returning on November 9th. Flew Club class A310 out and A330 back, could not fault the whole experience from check-in to to baggage collection.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 November 2012 by M Macleod    (Canada)

Flew Club Class from Toronto to Madrid. Sep 23/2012 back on Oct 15/2012. Booked Row 1 and despite what seat guru says it is a bulkhead both ways, can't straighten legs. Service was fine. Even though we had booked direct Madrid to Toronto they changed schedule days before we left to have a stop in Montreal with a plane change. When we got on new plane our seats were taken by Transat crew going to Toronto which reluctantly moved. Frustrating to fight for your seat after a 8 Hour flight.

Air Transat Customer review :  6 November 2012 by K Wong    (UK)

We booked a flight from Newcastle Airport to Toronto Pearson. Check-in was smooth even though we had to wait half an hour after the scheduled check-in opening time. Boarding was relatively smooth as many people didn't know where the gate was. Departure screens were all broken so people only found out 10 minutes later. Once settled in we had very attentive service from the cabin crew. The food (pasta and beef) was nice but the pasta was slightly bland. We also had a pizza which tasted nice. In-flight entertainment was a shared TV screen but it was fine for the 7 hour flight. Also to mention, they need more toilets for economy passengers as 4 toilets for over 200 people isn't good enough. Flight was enjoyable but they newer planes with individual TV screens for everyone.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 November 2012 by M Barnes    (Canada)

2 days prior to my departure I received I voice mail message from Air Transat to saying I was being downgraded to Economy class from the club class seat I had booked and been confirmed on 6 weeks earlier. Told it was due to plane reconfiguration. They were offering a $230 refund even though the upgrade cost almost $400 and a seat in economy. However they only had 2 seats available the in the very last row of the plane. I had no other choice than to cancel my travel plans due to what I was being offered. I guess the airline thinks that because they are the only direct flight to Manchester customer satisfaction is not important. Next time I will choose another Airline even if it requires a connecting flight.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 October 2012 by K Witts    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Montreal on 1 Oct 2012. It was an old airbus. We were economy and for nearly 250 people 4 toilets were available as club class had their own. About two hours into the flight two toilets blocked and were unable to be used. Then another toilet blocked leaving just two toilets for all economy passengers. People complained as we had to queue and wait for nearly 20-25 minutes to use a toilet. Staff were pretty rude to a number of passengers who complained to them direct. It was agreed that the club class toilet could be used by those in economy. Our flight back we flew club class, we checked in on 14 Oct at Montreal all seemed to be ok, just as we were leaving the desk the operator requested our documents back again and removed two bar codes from them and put two others in their place. We asked if there was a problem with her doing this but she told us no all right now. We arrived at London Gatwick on Monday morning to find that all baggage we had thought was on the flight wasn't.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 October 2012 by M Job    (Canada)

Club Class Toronto to Paris, Frankfurt to Toronto. I have no issues regarding the non-renovated A330-300 in which we flew Toronto to Paris - having two Club Class lavatories on this plane was very nice, service and food were excellent, and flight attendants great. Our flight from Frankfurt back to Toronto was one of the older A310-330, which was a complete embarrassment and insult to the whole Club Class experience. The condition of this old A310 has almost completely turned me off ever flying Air Transat Club Class again. For two passengers, I paid a fair bit of money for the Club Class experience on this flight, only to find that my headrest had become detached and was falling off the back of my seat. The armrests on both of our seats were worn bare and ripped from use, looking tacky and shabby. The seat ahead of me was not secured properly and as a result had twisted sideways into my seating area. The seats were worn and uncomfortable for this 9 hour flight. Come on Air Transat! Not having power ports, personal seatback video screens and air flow regulators is not acceptable when flying in this day and age. The shabby-looking cabins are not helping either.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 October 2012 by J Harvey    (Canada)

Flew Rome-Montreal on the 8th of October. Although I was satisfied overall with the flight, I must warn people to be on the look out for flight schedule change without notice. My flight was advanced by 2 hours and I was never notified. I found out by chance and luckily was at the airport over 3 hours in advance. This not acceptable. People could easily miss their flight and be left stranded. Lack of consideration.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 October 2012 by D Williams    (UK)

My husband and I travelled to and from Canada last month, flights on time. However we found the seats very cramped and aisles extremely narrow. The food was poor, complementary glass of wine amounted to 100ml. - with no top-up offered! It was not possible to tell the seniority of the cabin crew as no badges were visible and no distinction of uniform was evident. On our return journey which was overnight, the lights were left on most of the time - not conducive to sleep. We have both travelled economy class before with other airlines and had better service than we experienced with Air Transat.