Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  3 June 2013 by S Watson    (Canada)

We flew YYC to AMS in May. Our flight was on time and boarding was painless. Seats in front on the way over were middle seats, new cabin. They were average. On the way back we had rear seats, row 41 by the window. There was lots of room and the wider aisle was great! It seemed that everyone forgot there were washrooms at the back because there was not a lot of traffic. Meals were what you would expect. We bought option plus and enjoyed pre boarding, first choices, and quick baggage. Return trip was in an older plane, but fairly comfortable, would fly with them again. For the money and lack of a stopover it was worth it.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 May 2013 by N Pham    (Canada)

May 19, 2013, Cuba to Montreal. My vacation started well, but ended in a nightmare. First, the check-in went wrong. We travelled as a couple, paid for a VIP check-in and entered the line-up in the middle of the pack, but for some reason, we were the last 2 passengers to get our boarding pass. We couldn't even get seats next to each other. I tried to speak with an agent on board to see if we could be relocated to sit together, but no one seemed to care. Onboard, the service was horrible. Always were the last ones to be served and I couldn't even order a sparkling wine, chips or chocolate because flight attendants were too busy attending to other passengers or attending the option plus passengers first. The overall experience was very disappointing with Air Transat. Will not book with this carrier anymore nor recommend it to anyone.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 May 2013 by F Morissette    (Canada)

My trip was from Montreal Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. I had to fly what I thought was the oldest Airbus A310. The seats were okay if you're under 5 ft 10. Being over 6ft, I thought it lacked some room. The in-flight entertainment was poor, an old and boring movie. The food was bad, but typical of what you normally get on a plane (barely enough to get you alive in fact). The departure wasn't on time in Montreal, we lurked around the airport for more than an hour for some reason. The staff is fair. Would recommend if you're poor and stingy like me. You can have better if you pay more to another airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 May 2013 by S Smuilyte    (UK)

Just returned from Montreal and had a wonderful experience with Air Transat! We were supposed to fly with A310, but got the newest A330 instead! New plane with comfortable wide seats, new ipad style screens, good luggage compartments! The staff were helpful and assisted us with everything nicely, the food was what you typically get on the plane, the flight started on time, the boarding and check in ran smoothly. Nothing else to wish for. For the price paid (199) it was an excellent transatlantic journey for me.

Air Transat Customer review :  15 May 2013 by B Rose    (Canada)

Return trip to Edmonton from Cancun. On our way to Cancun, departing the Edmonton Airport we were 6 kg underweight. However, departing Cancun on April 28th was an entirely different experience. The staff member weighed our luggage and told us we were overweight by 8 kg. We did not do any shopping and did not purchase any items on our trip, our sole purpose of our trip was to get married. I was told there was no one I could speak with and if I wanted to make a complaint I would have to pay and conveniently make the complaint once I was back in Canada. We departed with less items then we came with and were being told we were over our limit. We were unable to weight our bags again and ended up paying $60. I feel we were targeted and forced to pay for something non- existent. I made a complaint upon landing in Edmonton last night.

Air Transat Customer review :  15 May 2013 by A Simm    (UK)

Booked in August 2012 to fly from Manchester to Toronto in May 2013 for our honeymoon. Air Transat called in March 2013 to inform us that our Manchester flights had been cancelled and we could only fly from Gatwick on those dates. No apology was given, no offer of compensation or even transport to and from Gatwick. We were then offered alternate dates to fly to from Manchester which we took. Upon check in at Manchester it became apparent the seats we had booked had been changed due to the change in dates, after some discussion we were offered extra legroom seats for free which were excellent. The flight took off and landed on time, it was an old plane with shared screens playing videos during the flight. The food was edible and came with a very small glass of wine. The return flight which was also on time was a refurbished plane with new leather seats and personnel touch screens. If they hadn’t cancelled our flights I would have given them an excellent rating for the price but I would not trust making expensive holiday arrangements that rely on one of their flights again following this experience.

Air Transat Customer review :  14 May 2013 by M Mohr    (Canada)

I thought they did fine until it came time to leave Cancun. The bus trip which was also organized by Air Transat was only supposed to take an hour and a half, which ended up taking 2. After being late to get to check in, I was told that I would have to either return to the back of the check-in line to remove my camera bag or pay $30 extra. I was told they would not check my luggage if I attempted to remove anything at the counter. When I questioned their logic and explained the situation with the late bus I was given a sneer and a sassy comeback. So all in all it left a bad taste in my mouth about them.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 May 2013 by R Abey    (UK)

LGW to Toronto, I was very impressed. When booking I was a little apprehensive about using Air Transat for a business trip, I needn't have been. The experience was exactly the same as national flag carriers who were 3 times the price. The planes were on time and were modern. Good in seat entertainment and the crews were professional and courteous. Most of the plane was made up by large holiday groups of retired people, who were very friendly and well behaved. Not like your average business trip with grumpy middle age executives in a hurry. I will definitely use Air Transat again for trips to Canada and may consider using them for connections into the US.

Air Transat Customer review :  6 May 2013 by L Johnsen    (Norway)

Rome to Toronto. Only some small things irritated me: whilst sleeping and listening to music using their entertainment system, the announcements, which were much louder than the music, would often cut in and rouse me from my sleep. Extra problematic was having to listen to it again when repeated in two other languages. Other problems with the entertainment system was having to watch ads in the beginning of all videos, and the awful picture quality.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Alexeyenko Vlad    (Canada)

Made quite a few flights with the airline, the new refurbished fleet definitely makes the flights better. Check- in staff are good, FA's are usually nice. The meals are good. I still feel like they could give more legroom, the long haul flights are really tough to sit through. The TV features movies and TV shows and in the refurbished planes its in the seat in front of you.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 April 2013 by M Barron    (Canada)

We travelled as a group of 2 couples from Toronto to Punta Cana in early February. In spite of the stormy weather, flight was only delayed for 90 minutes and that was due to de-icing the plan. Seating was cramped and leg-room was sparse. Service was friendly and food was served efficiently. Return one week later was much better. The plane was larger and the seats were wider and provided extra leg room. Only one option for food by the time that the servers came to our seats. The in-flight movie was poorly timed and had to be shut off before the end to prepare for landing.

Air Transat Customer review :  15 March 2013 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-YYC return. 2 hours late leaving LGW due to water leak, on time returning. IFE good, food very average, my wife had no main meal on the return as vegetarian choice had run out. Not impressed by the 3-3-3 seating. Cabin crew very good both ways. We had these flights as part of a tour, so no choice of Airline. They would have to be very much cheaper than AC or BA to be our first choice.

Air Transat Customer review :  12 March 2013 by P Smith    (UK)

Took a Christmas flight from London to Vancouver. This is the second time I have flown with the airline. I travelled on a newly refurb plan. I travelled with my family and we had a baby and paid additional money for the bassinet seat at the front. I really can't say one nice thing about this flight. The lighting is awful, fluorescent mood lighting which appear not to work and was directly over the bassinet, no method to dim. Seat arms are solid and could not be lifted up (unique to the front row middle) which is crazy. In addition, all the galleys have been removed, so there is one at the front and back with just row after row of seats. I fly a lot long haul and typically you have some space to stretch your legs or stand around. Not with this config. Food - rubber pasta with cheese sauce - this was not even edible. One positive point is they are cheap, you do get what you pay for.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 February 2013 by Alastair Dawson    (UK)

I have flown with Air Transat many times as they are the only airline to fly direct from Manchester to Toronto. Now at the time of writing - 7th February 2013 - I am booked to fly with them on 15th May 2013, and back again on the 30th May 2013. So anything I put here carries the caveat that it may all go pear shaped at a later date. Having said that though, it's a case of so far so good. I have never had a problem as yet. The flights have left and departed on time, I have enough leg room and the seats are certainly big enough for me - an average sized person. The aircraft's are clean and tidy and I have found the food always to be hot and tasty. You only have to pay for alcohol from the bar but what the heck, you get complimentary wine with the meal. Staff are friendly and helpful. The entertainment can be a bit iffy at times but they are upgrading the entire fleet so teething problems are to be expected. I always take my iPod and a book just in case - it's just a matter or preparation. I would recommend Air Transat to anyone. The planes I have flown on are always full so they must be doing something right.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 February 2013 by G Javi    (Canada)

We flew from YYZ-Santa Clara, Cuba-YYZ. Jan 26 2013. Flights were on time for departure, even left a few minutes early. Was given a choice of hot dinner, wine with dinner and bar service, the option plus is a treat for extras, blanket, headsets, extra kilos and champagne bottle as welcome drink. On both flights the crew were professional and attentive. Both aircraft's were clean and comfortable. I will fly Air Transat again!

Air Transat Customer review :  4 February 2013 by A Sambasivam    (Canada)

Flew Toronto to Gatwick, January 24, return on 31 January. Both ways very good flight. Outbound aircraft had the mood lights, that's the plus point. My reading light was on all the way, so the crew offer me an eye shade. Food and entertainment ok for 6 plus hours. Return same as, excellent crew, offered extra food and soft drinks. Value for the money, paid only $640.

Air Transat Customer review :  31 January 2013 by R Hanson    (Canada)

We flew from Calgary to London Gatwick. The plane was old, the seats were cramped and my seat had no working entertainment, I had no music, no movie, no reading material. Sleep was impossible and we flew over night. The staff tried to help no but one returned to say if the entertainment could be repaired at my seat. Finally they told me it did not work but I could move - away from my wife which is not acceptable to me. I have never been so relieved to reach a destination. My patience was wearing thin. Never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 January 2013 by E Filippozzi    (Canada)

We flew with our 7 year old daughter from London Gatwick to Toronto on January 10, 2013. This was the last leg of our World Trip and we had travelled on 9 different airlines as we travelled around the world and were now heading home on a Canadian carrier. Terrible! That is the word to describe the rude service of the staff on board. The airline claims it was voted as the number one Leisure Airline in the world. How can that be? They charge you for everything on board and when you ask for something the first thing they tell you is that there will be a cost involved. Enough already! We know just sell me the item I ask for. I will never fly with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  28 January 2013 by A Guthrie    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Glasgow on Jan 09, returning Jan 24. Online booking and check-in was flawless, but no online check in for return flight from Glasgow. Schedule was well met in both cases, and meals were as good as you would expect to get on any airline, indeed much better than some of the majors we have flown on. Both aircraft were clean and comfortable enough for a transatlantic flight. With one exception concerning car rental through AirTransat which I will deal with directly, everything was perfectly acceptable and value for monies paid.

Air Transat Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Marion Janis-Green    (Canada)

Flew Toronto-Gatwick Sep 10-Oct 17 - Options Plus. Very good flight both ways, food ok, seat ok. Very helpful with luggage and check-in.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 January 2013 by S Brent    (Canada)

Flew from Winnipeg, Canada to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic on Jan 7 2013. Flight 266 an A310-300 was on time for departure, even left a few minutes earlier. Flight time was 5 hours and was smooth. Was given a choice of breakfast meals - either Spanish omelette with potatoes or a spinach omelette. Return flight 267 was even better, I asked for extra food and was given double what I had asked for, flight landed 15 minutes ahead of schedule back in Winnipeg.