Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  9 July 2013 by J Barker    (USA)

Great prices, reasonably comfortable seats, but a risky airline compared to others. Glitches from the start with online booking and customer service is non-existent. We had Option Plus, but still had to wait more than an hour in chaotic confined area for boarding passes at Gatwick. My wife's "priority" bag didn't show up in Vancouver and the crew there seemed utterly confused as to what to do after I eventually found the service desk. Fortunately, they found the bag in London and sent it to Vancouver the next day but were not able or willing to forward it to our house in Washington state, necessitating a trip at my expense to the border to pick it up. Even with the great prices, I would be very reluctant to use them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 July 2013 by N Kabir    (Canada)

Club Class is not really a business class, it is somewhere in between Premium economy and Business class. Saw the promising advertisement of new Club Class cabin and booked one way trip to London in Club class, got seat confirmation in the new cabin right away. 1 month later during check-in process figured out that the flight will be serviced by the old aircraft (old cabin is nowhere close to Business class and is not worth the money). At the airport, during the check-in process faced extreme rudeness and inprofessionalism of the person at the check-in counter. If you are a regular business class passenger, do not waste your money and time on this airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 July 2013 by C Grove    (UK)

Return trip London - Vancouver. On the flight out, the cabin crew were pleasant and attentive, although not carrying pens when every passenger has to complete a customs form seemed an oversight. Food was perfectly adequate, and occasional sights visible (Iceland, Greenland) announced by the Captain. Return leg was bumpier, and whilst still pleasant, one of the cabin crew was French Canadian without perfect English, which made drinks selections a little difficult (she didn't seem to know what root beer or cranberry juice was). Both legs landed early. Entertainment was appalling - a small TV about every eight rows hanging from the ceiling. Fortunately, had a kindle and ipad with me. Cabin was very cold, and if you want a blanket you have to buy it. I wouldn't call it "cheap", but seems to be the least expensive way to the North American West, so can forgive their short comings. Not complaint free, and I wouldn't label them 'best leisure airline' by a long shot, but I'd fly again.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 July 2013 by H Smith    (UK)

We flew to Vancouver, it was just ok in Club, TV screen on the wall, no choice for a 9 hour trip. Our daughters were in coach and were cramped and hungry and couldn't see the TV so bored as well. We flew back from Calgary and the flight was worse, there was still the old style TV's on the wall, we were at the front so had the clatter of the kitchen throughout the night as well as the steward talking loudly about his weekend. If you wanted to use the toilet you had to walk though the kitchen and get in the stewards way, Also had to ask for the toilet to be cleaned as it was disgusting. Again our well travelled daughters commented that this was the worst flight they had ever been on, food awful and hard to get a drink. Would not willingly use this airline again.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Wallis    (UK)

Overnight flight from Vancouver to Manchester on an old airbus was probably the worst flight and airline my wife and I had ever been on. In flight entertainment was a single screen in the centre of the aircraft. Sound quality was atrocious with interruptions deafening static. My wife's was non functional anyway. Food was dire and by the time our turn came, the main meals were gone and we had to have the vegetarian. No apology just this is it. Tray was practically thrown at us (including breakfast). Rudest cabin crew ever - they kept knocking my wife's seat without apology and when one deigned to speak said "oh has that never happened to you before". The lights were never dimmed for an overnight flight and the only sleep we did manage was interrupted by the duty free selling, pre-empted by the usual seat bumping. This is the first and last time we would use this airline and would not recommend it to anyone. Old aircraft and rude staff - never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 June 2013 by I Reena    (Canada)

Toronto Pearson - London Gatwick, TS322, May 29 2013, Economy. Return London Gatwick - Toronto Pearson, TS723, June 10 2013, Economy. Flight from Toronto to UK was terrible - no TV's besides ones in middle for all. Flight from UK back to Toronto, I was seated in the middle section which seats 3, I had my boyfriend on my left and suddenly a large man sat on my right. Within the next 20 mins of being seated I was very uncomfortable and asked to be moved. I moved for the next 8 hours. Not only did I have to move seats, I was also not able to sit next to my boyfriend as was booked. My experience was unacceptable and unfair.

Air Transat Customer review :  26 June 2013 by Eileen Brand    (Scotland)

Never having been on a long haul flight before I was dreading the experience especially having read some derogatory reviews. I was delighted with the plane, the staff, the food and the entertainment. My first long haul from Glasgow to Calgary and then return from Vancouver were faultless and I would not hesitate to travel Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 June 2013 by A Conroy    (UK)

Recently travelled from Manchester to Vancouver and return. We were concerned after reading some reviews. However, all our worries were groundless, flights were on time, staff courteous and efficient, service and food excellent. Not having individual TV screens was mildly inconvenient but we knew that was the case when we booked. We would not hesitate to travel with Air Transat again, and shall recommend.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 June 2013 by G Bertenshaw    (UK)

We flew Manchester to Toronto then back again, an ancient A310 going out and a A330 on return, both were cramped uncomfortable planes. No personal entertainment screens, limited leg room and narrow seat width, annoying things like arms rest that wouldn't fold out the way and limited toilets meaning long queues in the aisles. Our return flight was delayed for an hour on the ground while maintenance were on board then we had to fly a different route back as the problem wasn't resolved which resulted in being an hour and a half late. While on the Tarmac no drinks were served, I had to ask twice for some water for my 4yr old it took 30 mins for them to bring him a glass. Seats were incredible uncomfortable and we couldn't wait to get off the plane. The food was appalling. The cabin crew were rude and we could hear them gossiping about other passengers on board as they walked past. Everything seemed like a problem for them.

Air Transat Customer review :  22 June 2013 by J Mortson    (Canada)

YYZ (Toronto) to Rome Italy. We have flown with them many times and once again we had a great experience. We have flown them we have gone Club class but for the second time we went option plus for this trip. It cost $130 per person return and it was well worth it for our 8.5 hour flight. You get your choice of seat when you book, choice of meal before economy class and many small perks. When we went to Mexico the cost was $80, again worth it. Every time we have flown Air Transat we have had a great flight and service, and we will continue to fly with them if the price and location is right!

Air Transat Customer review :  22 June 2013 by L Williams    (Canada)

My wife and I travelled return from Toronto to Gatwick, London. Left on 4 Juen 2013, returned 16/06/13. We were very pleased with the flights and service. The seats were a bit cramped but satisfactory for the journey. The food was good enough and the service excellent. Nice , pleasant cabin crew. Check in was fast and efficient, friendly counter staff at Gatwick. Planes were in good condition and have a very pleasing interior. We would definitely fly Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 June 2013 by B Roelofsen    (Netherlands)

Amsterdam to Vancouver and vice versa in May-June 2013 in the new furnished plane. We travelled economy and pre- booked Option Plus and made reservations for the duo seat in the back of the plane row 44 which is directly behind the last row of 3 seats. This gives you more room on the isle side which is very comfortable. Option plus gives you a lot of pleasant privileges: a bottle of Prosecco per person, first choice of hot meal, snacks from the bistro menu, comfort kit. Staff was very friendly both ways and seats are better then we expected. They offered enough drinks, more than we needed and we have had more than enough to eat. Very recommendable airline, especially if you consider the prices compared to other airlines.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Derek J Sinclair    (Canada)

My wife and I recently took flight TS296 and TS297 from Calgary to Glasgow and return we would like to say the flights were excellent from check in to landing on both flights. The new cabin lighting and design made the flights more relaxing. We will definitely fly with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  10 June 2013 by T VanLingen    (Canada)

Toronto to Athens, May 26/13 - Checked in online a few hours before flight. No good seats left (our fault due to late check in), check in at airport went off fast and effortlessly. Older plane with no individual screens. Row 27 (middle), right at the washrooms. The meals (3 choices) and service were good. Seats were comfortable enough. Entertainment was fair. Return was the same style of plane (Row 24, window this time). No individual screens. Meals (3 choices) and service were good. My only complaint is Air Transat really should be using the newly configured planes for all the long haul flights over 6 hrs. It would make the very long flights more enjoyable.

Air Transat Customer review :  10 June 2013 by A Patel    (UK)

Flew from BHX to YYZ on A310, had read some very negative reviews about the airline and aircraft, so was very nervous about what to expect. But overall it was a good pleasant flight, definitely more value for money as the fare was really cheap. Just like any other North American carrier the service and cabin wasn't what you find on Asian or European carriers but having said that the crew certainly made up for it with a great friendly attitude. Being a dual national I travel to Canada every year and have used AC/BA in the past, but will certainly try to book with AT the next time.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 June 2013 by R Earl    (UK)

My wife and I have just returned from a holiday in Canada. This was our first trip to Canada, which was great, and our first experience of Air Transat, which was not so great. Unfortunately my wife is Coeliac so therefore needs a gluten-free meal. Despite having requested and received confirmation from our travel operator, that gluten free meals would be provided on both the outward bound and return flights these did not materialise. At the Air Transit check-in desks we asked the attendants if the requested gluten-free meals were on board and both times we were told no. One individual even suggested that we should just go and buy something. It is time that Air Transat and, in our experience, most other airlines take these requests seriously and act responsibly.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Allison Martin    (Canada)

On the outgoing trip from Toronto to Gatwick, all was well, we got bumped up to Club class. Return trip was not so good. We flew home from Glasgow on one of the ancient A310's, the staff were very good but the plane was cramped. We did not have individual screens for the entertainment, on a flight that long passengers should have a choice on what to watch. The food was awful, I am not even sure what it was they served. It's time Air Transat got rid of those relics and updated their fleet.