Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  23 September 2013 by M Samson    (Canada)

Not really worth the extra money. I flew with Corsair Business class two months ago and for the same extra money I had more comfort than the Transat new refurbished Club Class, I also flew their Club Class a couple of years ago with their let me tell you that their seats were more comfortable then the new one. Unfortunately I have booked return the same way.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 September 2013 by P Shppey    (UK)

Flight TS 535,July 26th, Gatwick to Toronto and returned on flight TS222, August 13th, Toronto to Gatwick. Staff very helpful and polite. Great, comfortable flight. Wish Air Transat flew to other countries, we would use them every time.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Don Taylor    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Calgary on 30th June and returned 28th July. Its the first time we have flown with Air Transat, after reading some reviews we were not looking forward to it. I need not have worried, flights were better than some major airlines we have flown with. On both flights our seats were changed as we had pre-booked seats on refurbished plane but it ended up an older one. Just one of those things, next time we might be ok.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Thomas Moore    (Canada)

Flew to London, August 20. Flew first class and it puts Air Canada to shame. So much cheaper and better amenities. Planes are modern inside and crew were enjoying their job. Service was excellent. Flights were $800 cheaper per person than competitors. Food was outstanding, wine choices, snacks and overall experience would make this my airline of choice. Seats very comfortable and pleasant.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 August 2013 by M Kanter    (Canada)

The check-in process at YYZ took hours (1 counter open for most of the process) and our pre-assigned seats were not available to us so we had to take another row (what good is pre-booking seats if they just change them on you when get there?) Onboard service was basically non-existent, no in-seat video, bathrooms all at the back of plane, only accept credit card, food served in a boxes. Corporate customer service pretends to care but in reality, when confronting them one on one, they hide behind their fine print and turn their noses up at you if you have an issue. I would not recommend purchasing anything from this airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2013 by E Amar    (Canada)

Booked a package to Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Aug 3-10 from YVR, and they chartered out their planes to Enerjet instead of using Air Transat. Flights there and back were good, friendly flight attendants and very friendly check in agents, both flights arrived only slightly later than scheduled. I was pleased that Enerjet would honor Air Transats speciality ordered food selection. I had pre-ordered gluten free meals for my flights. On this flight, my meal going down to Mexico was a GF meal consisting of one rice cake folded in half with one piece of ham in the middle along with a tiny container of coleslaw. The lack of food surprised me! Positive note is that when I checked in for my flight, the check in agent reconfirmed with me my meal request. Meanwhile, the regular meals consisted of a large sized wrap, piece of fudge, cheese and crackers, and a potato salad. Thank goodness I brought along snacks to eat. On the flight home, the flight attendant didn't bring me a GF meal, but tried to serve me a regular meal, I then mentioned my pre-order of a GF meal and she said they don't really have any as they had to hand it out on the way to Mexico that day. I let her know that I saw on the cart as she rolled up to me the food requests listed and saw it said 2 GF. She then phoned another FA in the back of the plane, and brought me a GF meal. The same tiny meal on my way up, but at least it was something. But yet again, the regular meals to other passengers were double the portion variety and selection as the GF option. I was surprised that there was no inflight movie.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2013 by J Williams    (UK)

Flew back from Toronto to Canada. After a pleasant flight out, found the flight back just as good. Staff friendly even taking time to speak to my teenage daughter who was a nervous flyer. Food good. Seats aren't the roomiest but nevertheless comfortable. Would definitely fly with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  27 August 2013 by F Harvey    (Canada)

LGW-YVR - I was pleasantly surprised by Air Transat thinking it would be a charter-type service/comfort. The plane was a new Airbus A330 with comfortable leather finish seats, mood lighting, an iPad like touch screen in seat entertainment system (though the choice of movies wasn't huge but still decent for a 9 hour flight) and ample legroom (despite them adding an extra two row of seats than normal on this type of aircraft). The cabin crew were courteous and helpful and the food was decent. Overall a great experience which was better than flights on the same route with BA or Air Canada which have more dated planes and entertainment systems.

Air Transat Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Isabella Smith    (UK)

Worst flight I have ever been on, narrow seats with arm rests which would not fold down - rude staff who were not interested in passenger needs. My daughter was ill during the last 3 hours of the 9 hour flight from Vancouver to Glasgow. When I asked for some water I was asked to wait until the crew had finished collecting the garbage! It never arrived! Heaven knows how they would deal with a serious emergency on board. We asked for milk for the coffee - the response was "we only give out cream with the coffee". Recommend this airline? Not a chance!

Air Transat Customer review :  20 August 2013 by A Mace    (UK)

Flew 19 June 2013, Manchester - Calgary, return flight 30 June 2013, Calgary - Manchester. Experienced tired old systems and lacking a good meal outbound. Basically handed the left over of a vegetarian meal. Both aircraft's were dated, mediocre entertainment repeated on the return journey. Please note that the prices are very cheap for these flights so one has to weigh up the pros and cons. A great deal of consideration will have to be made regarding any future travel. I will admit that the money saved gave us extra for our holiday arrangements. You get what you pay for in this instance.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 August 2013 by G Mcaulay    (UK)

Flew Glasgow to Toronto and back, definitely no frills but took off on time outbound and inbound, food okay, didn't use the entertainment as it is old style screens. Didn't get any more or less than expected. Would fly with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 August 2013 by R Pendlebury    (UK)

LGW-YVR, TS 577, Jul 26 2013. YVR-LGW, TS 676, 10 Aug 2013. Pretty good on the whole. Being over 6ft isn't wildly comfortable, should have chosen my seat better. Only comment is that it seems to get a smiley person to serve you, you need to be in club class. There were some miserable flight attendants - passengers were polite around us and made the effort but the flight attendants didn't. We were near the front and the attendants in club class were very cheerful. It doesn't cost anything to smile and be helpful - some customer service training is required. Ground staff were excellent and helpful both ways. Good flight, very smooth. Aircraft interior a bit old but you get what you pay for, it was considerably cheaper than BA etc.

Air Transat Customer review :  16 August 2013 by Christina de Bruin    (Canada)

Flew to Amsterdam on July 20th and returned to Calgary, August 10th 2013. My experience has been very good. On the flight to Amsterdam I had requested a gluten free meal, somehow it was not recorded and there was not a meal for me. I think my booking was too close to my departure, which I was not aware of. The crew were very helpful and gave me cheese, fruit and milk as I had taken my own crackers and cereal for my stay in Holland. It was not a big deal. Called their office upon my arrival in Holland and was told they would make sure I would be given a gluten free meal on my return to Calgary. Again staff very pleasant and apologized for the mistake that was made.

Air Transat Customer review :  14 August 2013 by L Bott    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Edmonton on 15th July and Edmonton to Gatwick on 29th July on Airbus, flew club class for the comfort. Both flights were good with excellent food and service. The journey home was a night flight and the cabin lights were turned off, though of course flying that way it never gets completely dark. My only complaint was with Gatwick, we arrived two hours before check in opened due to us having travelled from Manchester by coach. There was nowhere to sit down so we had to stand for the whole two hours. Once we got to check in we were told that our club class ticket did not give us entry to the club lounge and we would be expected to pay extra for that, I did not pay as when we flew from Manchester to Calgary in 2011, again club class we were given both fast track through security and entry to the club lounge. I would recommend Air Transat but not Gatwick.

Air Transat Customer review :  13 August 2013 by J Cote    (Canada)

Vancouver to Paris and back. Flight over was great, plane with new interior. Food was decent and the staff very friendly. On are way back we had an older plane, the individual LCD screen that was not very responsive, but once the film started it worked well. My only complaint is that when there was an announcement on the intercom when you were using the entertainment "with ear buds" was way too loud.

Air Transat Customer review :  8 August 2013 by C Swing    (Canada)

Toronto (YYZ) to Italy (FCO) - July 2013. We flew Toronto to Rome on one of their A330's with the upgraded cabin design. A very welcome sight given that it won be just shy of a 9 hr flight. The flight was on time and the crew were very friendly and professional. Food was adequate and sufficient with both a main meal of either chicken pasta or beef and a light breakfast snack just prior to landing. While the upgraded cabin was a welcome addition, it appeared that the seating was a little less spacious than that of other flights we have taken with Air Transat. In any event, it was a pleasant flight and we will continue to fly with Air Transat.

Air Transat Customer review :  8 August 2013 by L Claudiu    (Canada)

Booked a family flight to Paris in July to stay there 8 days before our final destination which was booked as a separate segment with another carrier. I flew Air Transat before so I knew the food quality, older planes and other things to be expected with a lower cost carrier. After all, that why/how you save money. Wrong - Air Transat decided to change the schedule of our return flight to Toronto by 2 hrs (delaying it) so we only had 55 minutes between flights in Paris with a terminal change in CDG, which is physically impossible. If you really want the cheapest flight and it's only one segment then maybe you can consider them. However for multi-segment flights it's asking for trouble. Don't waste your money unless you're flying point to point and are prepared to accept the mediocre flight conditions.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 August 2013 by B Lowndes    (UK)

Check-in off to bad start at Gatwick - slow moving queue, not enough staff. Real problem started when arrived at desk, girl checked our passports then disappeared with them for inordinate time, eventually returned but, without giving us any info, disappeared again to see her supervisor. After delay of over an hour it eventually turned out Air Transat had messed up my wife's booking and given her a completely wrong name but they did not seem to have a clue how to sort it out. It was only because our travel company rep had back-up evidence of our booking that we were allowed to travel, and then not seated together, otherwise we'd still have been in Gatwick not Calgary. Once on aircraft, the service was slow and disorganised - not that it mattered the food was virtually inedible and the air conditioning was so ferocious I was completely clogged up and single-handedly keeping Kleenex in business for most of the flight and the next day. These are just my main complaints.