Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  13 September 2012 by P Callender    (UK)

LGW-YYZ, YYZ-LGW, Staff were rude, especially at the boarding gate. Flight was full, very cramped and staff only came round at meal times to offer drinks, there were no other drinks offered and the food was terrible. I was not satisfied with the service so will not fly with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  10 September 2012 by M Penfold    (Canada)

LGW-YYZ Non stop flight on Airbus 310. Very long walk to airport check in from entrance. Initially I was unable to find check in desks. After about 10 minutes of looking around, I notice a sign pointing to a back corridor. Check in was fast and efficient. My bag was 2kgs over but the agent did not charge me. Flight departed late but the pilot made up time in air. Flight was full except for a few open seats. About an hour in the air we were provided with a complementary meal and non-alcoholic drink. Every so often the flight attendants came around with water, tea and coffee. Since this was one of their older aircraft, there was TVs every few rows. I did not like any of the inflight movies so I read my book instead. Overall I was satisfied with the service I received. Will use them again in the future.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 September 2012 by Laura Adam    (Canada)

This summer, flew Frankfurt to Calgary in economy on the new A330 and it was a real pleasure. Comfortable seats, more leg room, and the personal LED screens and entertainment available was excellent. The new cabin lighting was soothing. I've travelled Air Transat many times on their older aircraft's - very cramped and just ok. I will definitely fly with them on long hauls again as long as its on the new planes!

Air Transat Customer review :  6 September 2012 by T Ford    (UK)

MAN-YYZ return. Offered vouchers as overbooked on outward journey (Manchester to Toronto). Were told that they are frequently overbooked and look for volunteers to go a different day. Refused and checked in regardless. Airbus A330 both ways, but not the same plane set up. MAN to YYZ - leather seats but no IFE. Good food and cheery cabin crew. Check-in line was long but moved swiftly. YYZ to MAN - Ridiculous check-in line with flights to Paris and Frankfurt also in same line (Why?), very, very poor elderly looking plane, needed refurbishing, seats at the end of their life span. Ran out of food by my seat (43F). Both ways on time, YYZ to MAN actually arrived ahead of time but was forced to wait for an airbridge. Only airline flying MAN to YYZ but aircraft both ways needed updating.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 September 2012 by C Potter    (UK)

Travelled in club class, Gatwick to Vancouver on old plane had big reclining seats so legroom was great. Entertainment poor, made to watch a single overhead screen showing kids movies - tedious for 9 hr flight. Club class on return trip in the newly refurbished air bus. Modern design of seats meant that although they were fairly big they do not recline! They sort of slouch forwards. I'm 6ft 3 and had a really uncomfortable trip, knees and shins on the seat in front. British Airways premium economy next time for me.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 September 2012 by J Smith    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Gatwick and back. Airbus A330 plane - small uncomfortable seats, no individual entertainment system. The airline makes you pay to use blanket or headphone. Had a very noisy rugby team flying to London along with us, whose antics added to my woes. As a vegetarian, I got the exact same tasteless bland food while going and coming back. When I checked in at Gatwick for my return flight, the lady at the counter surprised me by saying that only 5 kg of baggage was allowed as a handbag and that my shoulder bag now counted as an extra cabin baggage - a clear ploy to earn extra money. So my total cabin baggage now weighed in excess of 5 kg. So what did I do. I took out my jacket and put it on, took out my e- reader and lo behold - my baggage now weighed less than 5 kg. So I was let in without paying any extra. All this hassle in addition to the fact that Gatwick is almost an hour long commute from central London, which adds to your travel time especially when you have to catch an early morning flight.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 August 2012 by P Cancun    (Canada)

Flew Toronto to Cancun Aug 19 return on the 26th. Seats were very uncomfortable. They advertise a good seat pitch, which is true, however the width is terrible. There was something very uncomfortable about the angle of the seat. The value of the ticket was not worth it. Back to Air Canada or Westjet for me. Food was tiny portions and not very good, even though it was free. Only one movie on an overhead screen, is that not flying in the 90's? The airbus 310 was ancient both ways and showed it. Staff did not hand out Mexican immigration forms that caused a great deal of lost time for all 250 people on board at the airport. Every other airline I have flown on gives all the forms needed.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 August 2012 by J Keating    (UK)

Big difference between Club and economy. Club does not cost much and it is really similar to premium economy on other airlines but it really is worth it. This was on an aged 310 from Manchester to Toronto. We could not get club on the outward leg but did for the return. Huge difference in comfort and attention: the upgrade was only some £97 each! I am 6'2 and was very uncomfortable on the back: very comfortable in the front given the extra baggage, food, drink and good service the upgrade is tremendous value.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2012 by C Wiles    (UK)

From Gatwick to Toronto, then Toronto to Gatwick. On the flight from Gatwick to Toronto, there was a change in planes after we bought the tickets and because of this had two different sets of seat numbers, staff at boarding were helpful during this. Flight was enjoyable, but after we left the gate the pilot said that the entertainment system didn't work, so for the first 4 hours of the flight there was nothing to do, after they got the entertainment system to work, there was a very poor selection of movies. TV screens are 10 rows apart and no individual screens. The food was inedible. The flight was delayed but we arrived in Toronto early. Now from Toronto to Gatwick, to begin with we checked in, staff seemed very friendly but didn't quite know what they were doing, we stood at the check in for 10 minutes while the woman serving was talking to another member of staff. We took off, because it was a night take off the lights went off, then the reading lights began to have a mind of there own, going on and off, flickering on and off. It was about 1 hour into the flight before we were offered a drink, the food was even worse this time. It was impossible to sleep as the staff come around every half an hour to offer you something. Then the lights went out and it was pitch black in the cabin until we landed, the reading lights worked just, then landing the lights came on and flickered on and off until we got to the gate. We waited half an hour to get off the plane when we got to the gate. Then the real fun began Air Transat had lost out luggage, and we are still waiting for the bags. Other times I have flown with Air Transat we have had no problems. I would not recommend them anymore.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Nikki Ortiz Hontiveroz    (Canada)

Vancouver-Gatwick-Vancouver - The phrase "You get what you pay for " is right on the money for this airline. I am a small person and I felt very uncomfortable on this flight. My leg was touching the back of the seat in front of me. I wonder about those people that is 5'5 and above? The check in agent at YVR are the worst, I asked if we were flying on the refurbished aircraft where you have your own TV, the agent told me " I don't know. I know it's an Airbus". This airline is really strict about check in and carry on baggage. Carry on max is 5KG and min was 6KG and the agent is telling me that I need to pay extra $45 so I just told them that my laptop is in there as well and he let it go. The food was awful. I am however impressed by the flight attendants. They seem really nice and smiles all around. Bring your own food, water and entertainment. Do not get an Aisle seat as you will not have a peaceful flight. Pay extra $200 and fly other airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Carol Bedette    (USA)

Round Trip Toronto to Paris. Paid upgrade for seats in front economy class. Plane very dirty both ways, no inflight entertainment ie: movie. Have taken many international flights most economy a few business and have never been on one where you did not have at least 1 or 2 movies plus other entertainment. The cost of AIR Transit was not any less than the other flights. I at least expect the plane to be a little cleaner and not smell like the toilets. Meals were also very marginal. Will never take again, nor recommend to my friends or family. Bad trip.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 August 2012 by William Dempsey    (Northern Ireland)

I took a flight from Dublin to Toronto with Air Transat over the summer. This is my fourth year in a row with the company and they never fail to disappoint. Staff are friendly and the aircraft spotless. Definitely value for money.

Air Transat Customer review :  23 August 2012 by D Fenson    (Canada)

Vancouver to Frankfurt. Even cabin staff were commenting on how narrow the aisles were. I am a large person, but have never been so uncomfortable in an airline seat. The air-conditioning was on all the time, and the blankets that they had were for sale, and I just refuse to pay for things that should be included on a transatlantic flight. Staff were so busy trying to sell us stuff that they had no time to just attend to people's needs in the cabin. It was impossible to move because there was no way to stand up without being in someone's view of the overhead TV screens, or bumping into the duty free cart. On a 12 hour flight, it should be possible to stretch your legs once in a while. It's unhealthy to sit so long. No mention of the special meal I requested. I guess you get what you pay for. Although the flight came to almost $1100, at least $600 was taxes, so I should have expected poor service!

Air Transat Customer review :  22 August 2012 by C King    (Canada)

Staff and food was great, very comfortable, nice amenities pack. The 310's are definitely old and tired looking but the Airbus 330 club class was the new style which was very nice except the TV screen had a mind of it's own and kept doing strange things. They definitely need to fix that. Spacious. Enjoyable flights both ways.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 August 2012 by T Hanan    (UK)

Never even got off the ground. I booked a flight from Manchester to Toronto, to travel in September. Back in June, the return leg of my flight was cancelled - the airline failed to inform me of this - I only found out when I checked their schedules webpage. I was moved to a flight the next day, incurring an additional night's hotel charge. Now, they have cancelled my outbound flight as well - again, they did not inform me and I found out by checking their webpage. This time, I have had enough - cancelled the whole thing and booked with another airline. It's just not worth the hassle.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 August 2012 by K Analipo    (Canada)

I booked a direct flight to Greece and back to Toronto. Last minute they informed us that we had to stop in Montreal. After we were at the airport and on the plane - not only was there a stop but we had to change planes as well. If I wanted to book a connection I would have done so. Flight attendants say 'well things happen', well it seems they have been 'happening' on every flight to Greece all summer long. If you pay extra you get a pillow blanket and earphones but get rude treatment for whatever minor request you may have. I can deal with unpleasant food and I'll try to even accept that they use old planes but do not treat me like I am stupid.

Air Transat Customer review :  10 August 2012 by D Bishop    (UK)

It seems all AT flights leave London Gatwick at the same time from their own tiny row of desks in a back corridor which makes it chaotic to say the least especially as there is no online check in available from LGW. On the day we travelled, every flight was overbooked so people were being strongly encouraged to accept vouchers and travel later in the week. We were not told at check in, as we apparently should have been, that due to a catering strike in Toronto, the food quality on the flight would be greatly diminished. They weren't wrong - the worst food and the smallest amount I've ever seen. As for the complimentary glass (less than 100ml) of wine with dinner. We ordered an extra snack from the cabin crew which took over 2 hours to appear and the new seat-back video system has very few movies / shows loaded and they're definitely from the bargain shelves of the video rental stores. They've also installed the kit to run the screens underneath your seat, so if you're in the habit of occasionally sitting with your feet positioned behind your knees you'll be very uncomfortable. Sometimes needs must, but please, find the extra and fly with a proper airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 August 2012 by K Dittrick    (Canada)

Amsterdam to Vancouver (10.5 hour flight) with Option Plus upgrade. Travelled with 6 members of family including an infant. Seats were so narrow that the flight was torturous for adults of average size. Attempted to upgrade to Club Class but were told there were only 4 seats available. Once on the plane, there were at least 9 empty seats in Club Class. On board service was disorganized and poor. Asked for the baby bassinet 6 times, and each time was told "Sorry, I forgot". We sat in row 4 (directly behind Club Class) and there was absolutely no ventilation or air-conditioning in this section. All passengers in this section were sweating and overheating. When flight attendants were advised of the uncomfortable temperatures in this section, nothing was done. Will never use this carrier again.

Air Transat Customer review :  8 August 2012 by P Reddy    (UK)

Manchester-Calgary then Vancouver-MAN. Check in queue outbound acceptable, much longer and slower inbound as one queue for all flights with them at YVR. Staff attentive and meal quality and quantity outbound and return fine. Free glass of wine with main meal impressive for a predominantly leisure carrier. Outward the 5kg cabin baggage allowance strictly enforced but not on return leg. Itinerary gave 25kg hold bag allowance but on check in informed was 22kg. Amenity kits and headphones extra charge unless for minors apparently. Price paid less than other carriers at time of booking with the benefit of non stop service ex MAN although non refundable and no changes allowed. Would have no hesitation in using this carrier again and would rate better than some American carriers on transatlantic routes. Limited entertainment options as not AVOD being overhead screens.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 August 2012 by Tom Wise    (UK)

My outward flight was late leaving, aircraft was the newest version of the A330, complete with screens in the rear of the seat in front. However, the inflight catering was abysmal, tiny portions of barely adequate food. The complimentary glass of wine was almost undrinkable. The inflight entertainment was hopeless and immediately forgettable. Return flight was in the older version of the A330, with screens in the middle of the plane, every ten rows. No escape from inadequate films. Trying to sleep was impossible, being woken every 20/30 minutes with some announcement or other. Again, there was a prohibition on the consumption of duty free drinks - alcoholic or not. However, there was seemingly no limit to the amount that could be bought from the trolley, as evidenced by a group of youths occupying two rows of seats. That they became loud and intoxicated seemed just to add to their enjoyment, whilst annoying many others. My conclusion is that the airline has taken many an idea from Ryanair. Cheap it may be, but be warned!

Air Transat Customer review :  2 August 2012 by Kerry Owens    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to Paris return. Outbound flight on a newer A330 with seat back screens. Crew was attentive, food and drinks plentiful. Seat was comfortable with more than adequate leg room (I am 6'2) though we did book the seats at the rear of the plane where there are only 2 rather than 3 across. Flight was delayed for 3 hours on a stop in Calgary due to severe thunder storms so no fault of the airline. Return flight on an older A330 with overhead TV screens. Movies were good, crew was excellent and food and drinks were more than plentiful. For the price, you cannot beat Air Transat. Will definitely fly again with them.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 August 2012 by J McPake    (Scotland)

Travelled to Toronto club class on A310 from Glasgow in June. Check, in priority boarding and all services on board were excellent. Pre-ordered meals were what I ordered as was cabin service with friendly staff. Seating was comfortable with plenty of leg room. Can't wait to try new cabin in the future.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 August 2012 by S Burtt    (UK)

Glasgow to Toronto Return. Far better than expected. As a long term back pain sufferer I never travel any distance unless I have to. However I found this flight far more comfortable than any of the short distance flights I've taken flying from Glasgow to London, the Midlands or Exeter. On this flight I walked away almost pain free. Most seats are in a 3+3+3 configuration, which gives a very narrow aisle. I was careful to book an aisle seat in the rear of the cabin with its 2+3+2 configuration, giving more space. The in-flight films were a bit naff, but who cares. Take your own earphones if you want to watch the films. The meals were small and basic, but again so what as long as the seats are good. If you want to buy anything you need a credit card as they don't take cash. A slight criticism was that I didn't realise that soft drinks were free until the return flight. Staff don't make that clear.

Air Transat Customer review :  26 July 2012 by J Patton    (UK)

LGW-YYZ-LGW. Flew on A330 with older Club configuration to YYV. I am a large gentleman and found the seats to be more than comfortable. Food was good and the cabin service excellent. Departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule, bags were first off the carousel. Return journey on A330 with new Club class was even more comfortable, the new seats and PTV are a useful upgrade. Cabin service was again great with very attentive flight attendants. Flight delayed due to weather closing the airport which is out of the airlines control. It was a little confused as we had started to board the flight before the delay was announced. But we were allowed to leave the aircraft and re-board later. Overall a very positive experience, my fare was the same as a flights on BA/AC in economy so, overall I found Air Transat to offer superb value for money.

Air Transat Customer review :  25 July 2012 by Milan Karas    (Canada)

BCN to YUL. I did not expect such a high level service from this airline after former experience. It was a real surprise. The director of the flight and all staff were friendly and attentive. The seat was comfortable with excellent leg room, the food was nice and the selection of drinks was good and frequent. There were some problems with the entertainment system and a passenger who commented it to FA later, was asked if a compensation can be offered to her. Very good value for money and a pleasant experience.

Air Transat Customer review :  23 July 2012 by K Cullen    (Ireland)

Dublin - Shannon - Toronto and home Toronto - Dublin. Both flights left on time but outbound we stopped in Shannon for approx. 1 hour while the aircraft was cleaned, we had to leave the plane and wait in the terminal, the only thing that annoyed me was the fact we had to queue again with passports etc. The IFE wasn't great, had to buy headsets for the films. Should be a lot better when the aircraft get upgraded. Cabin crew are very good and pleasant for the whole flight, glass of wine with meal was nice and plenty of coffee after it, we paid extra for our seats 37a 38b, on the A330. I'm 6 ft tall and had plenty of room well worth the extra money, I would recommend bringing water with you as you have to pay for drinks and only take VISA. I will fly Air Transat again as they offer a direct service to Toronto from Dublin, we flew out on a Tuesday and returned on a Tuesday as the A330 was being used and I believe is a nicer aircraft than the A310 which is much older and doesn't have the 2 -4 -2 seating configuration.

Air Transat Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Tara Noe    (Canada)

Considering their boasting of upgrading the fleet, flight I was on was quite disappointing. If you want a half- decent seat, or a realistic amount of luggage for an overseas journey, or even a headset you'll have to shell out a fair bit more money. If you have to cancel for some reason, you won't get any of your ticket or upgrade back. The real notable problem though is the very meagre meal service. For an 8 hour flight the meals are more the size of a snack, and certainly not enough. And even if you want to buy something extra, unless you have a credit care you're out of luck. The same goes for anything, including headphones. The only plus was the staff, who were a bit of fresh air amongst this sea of low mediocrity.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 July 2012 by D Thomas    (UK)

Manchester-Toronto-Manchester. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this airline was compared to others I have used. Both flights went well with no delays and very good service. Excellent leg room and friendly cabin crew. Inflight entertainment was poor but I believe this is being upgraded. My one criticism would be the food. I ordered a special meal but there was no record of this on the system when I checked in. I tried to contact Air Transat whilst in Canada but could only get a recorded message telling me that I should have requested this through a travel agent at the time of booking, which I had done. A warning to anyone with strict dietary requirements as they state that special meals cannot be guaranteed. Vegetarian options are available as standard, however the meals were rather bland and basic.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 July 2012 by H Potter    (Canada)

This airline is getting worse by the minute, the flight from Manchester is always late. They can change your flight as and when, but you try and make a change and there is a charge or nothing they can do. I am so sorry there is no other airline that does direct to Birmingham or Manchester as I would use them instead.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 July 2012 by Patricia Mitchell    (UK)

TS255 Manchester-Vancouver 19th May - old plane, no individual video screens but there was more leg room than on other long haul flights we have made recently. We were 1.5 hours into our flight before we were offered a drink. Food was the worst inedible rubbish I have ever been offered on a flight, no polite words can describe what it taste like, just as well I wasn't hungry. Awful selection of inflight videos.

Air Transat Customer review :  26 June 2012 by C Owen    (UK)

Manchester - Vancouver 8 June 2012 and Vancouver - Manchester 24 June 2012. Outward flight just about tolerable. Seats very narrow and very narrow gangways with 3+3+3 across an Airbus. Food what you'd expect on a cheap (ish) flight. Coming back was horrible. Arrived at Vancouver airport 2.5 hours before departure to find check-in queue already 100 metres long. Inadequate number of check-in desks trying to deal with 3 separate flights. Queue moved 10 metres in 40 minutes, but then a bit quicker. Concern mounting everywhere that we would be denied boarding or that flight would be seriously delayed. No announcements, no staff on hand to explain - general couldn't-care-less attitude. Asked to see check-in supervisor, but she declined to appear. Finally we arrived at check-in after 90 minutes standing in the queue, and saw that they had opened more desks. Further 30 minutes standing for security and we headed straight for departure lounge to find them already boarding. Miraculously, flight left on time, but a lot more could have been done to soothe angry passengers. Once aboard, cabin crew on this flight completely cackhanded. Man next to us had chicken dinner tipped into his lap. I was hit by passing trolley at least six times because my arm was about 10 mm over the edge of the arm rest (I am 1.82 m tall and weigh 80 kg). Tonic water went down, narrowly missing me, but wetting floor all around. Night flight over the arctic, but windows kept up all the way, so no sleep possible. No long-haul flight in economy is really pleasant, but this was the worst I have experienced. Schedules of this return flight were changed three times in months and weeks prior to departure. No explanation ever offered, contrary to their conditions of carriage.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 June 2012 by L Smith    (UK)

Worst airline I've flown with in a long time, cheap yes but for long haul (Gatwick to Vancouver) I'd prefer to pay the extra. Food inedible, I didn't have a credit card so was not able to purchase any drinks or better food (cash is not accepted), entertainment was a tiny overhead monitor every 10 or so rows which I couldn't listen to because again you needed a credit card to purchase headphones. Toilet with baby change was broken on my side of the plane and the aisle to cross over was blocked by an elastic strip so I had to walk all the way to the back of the plane and back around to change my child. Also silly rules about weight allowance distribution and general lack of help for mums travelling alone with children. Not impressed.

Air Transat Customer review :  26 June 2012 by M Frey    (USA)

My 2 daughters and I from Toronto to Venice and back from Barcelona to Toronto. We did not upgrade and had great seats together to Venice. The personnel were very friendly and the service was very good. I was expecting much less and was pleasantly surprised. The food was average and a glass of wine was included. Also, they were very attentive. The flight back from Barcelona was a little less comfortable as we were in row 7 by a window but the "Window" was solid at that row and jutted out a bit but the flight was so smooth and the service great that it made up for it. we just switched places a couple of times during the flight. I would definitely fly Air Transat again!

Air Transat Customer review :  25 June 2012 by S Singh    (UK)

Flight: In last month. Manchester to Vancouver June 2012. Having purchased tickets at a brilliant rate, I was expecting the old cliché; you get what you pay for! The reviews and comments of existing customers were leaving me with little hope of a comfortable stress free flight. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality of the flight. I was expecting old planes with one TV for a number of passengers with old seats with minimal legroom, but the outcome was the opposite. TV's in the headrests for each passenger with a small, but decent selection of films to choose from, clean cabins with adequate legroom. The food was ok, and was on a par with other flights, but drinks were regular and available on request. Overall, I would definitely book with Air Transat again without a doubt.

Air Transat Customer review :  25 June 2012 by D Walsh    (Canada)

Flight: In last 2-3 months. I fly Air Transat to Ireland or England at least twice a year. I always fly Club Class and find that it is well worth the extra cost. Club Class allows you special check in and your baggage comes out first at your destination. The Club Class cost is not much more than regular Economy in most other airlines, but should not be mistaken for First Class or Business Class in other airlines. Some passengers seem to believe that the additional fare should give them much more than it actually does. Crew members are always pleasant and the service is very good. The food could be a bit better (Menu hasn't changed in at least 4 years) and movies could be a bit more recent, but other than that, I have no complaints. The best part is there are very rarely any delays, so that is better than most other carriers.

Air Transat Customer review :  25 June 2012 by S Farrow    (UK)

Travelled Exeter to Toronto and was on a tight budget. Flight was very cheap in comparison with other airlines. Seats comfortable, leg room not an issue for me. In flight entertainment good. Generous baggage allowance which included one on board bag plus my camera bag & handbag! Older plane but it was quite clean. Staff worked very hard, were pleasant and helpful. Food was not really very good but edible. I got value for money, if you expect to pay a cheap price & then get gourmet food and extra leg room do not fly Air Transat. I will definitely be flying with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  25 June 2012 by William Frost    (France)

Flight: In last month. I travelled Club (business) class with Air Transat Paris to Montreal return. Overall, the trip was great. For a price lower than economy at other airlines, you get a near-business class experience: preferential boarding, the trappings of personal service, good food, spacious seating, etc. A few quibbles: oldish planes, the bulkhead too close to row 1 (my case on both legs), inability to choose seat via the internet (the site was inoperative) and a blocked toilet.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 June 2012 by J Baker    (USA)

Travelled to Birmingham overnight June 5 and returned June 13th. Took my 84 yr old father to see family members. Used wheelchair service for my Dad who cannot walk long distances and Air Transat always seems to be at the last gate. Service for Dad was great on both ends, and the seats surprisingly comfortable. Plane was one of the older ones but was fine. Food was good, service great, and we had priority plus which was a pretty good deal at $49.00 each person each way. Included extra baggage, champagne, 2 beers and seat selection as well as priority boarding which was great for my Dad who would have suffered waiting in the Economy line. We had 8 people who requested wheel chair service in Toronto but 25 by the time we landed in Birmingham. People saw the special treatment for wheelchair people and wanted by the time we landed.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 June 2012 by M Badami    (USA)

Toronto to Venice 5/25, returned Rome to Toronto 6/9. Review based on new plane for return! We were so surprised to see we had a brand new plane for our return trip - so glad we didn't have it only on the way there because we would have been very disappointed since there is no comparison! A delightful way to end a vacation! Would definitely fly Air Transat again, everybody is so friendly from Airport staff to the Flight Attendants and Captains! Only glitch was when Rome Gate staff thought a backpack was too large to be a personal item (it had 2 full bottles of water and some snacks) but we were in no mood to argue about it. Some people travel with no carry ons and felt we should not have been singled out. Fortunately the carry on was checked by the gate for free and did arrive at our destination (the same bags were carried on both International and domestic legs of our trip with no problem).

Air Transat Customer review :  19 June 2012 by J Dickinson    (Canada)

Club Class YVR to Paris June 17, newer interior. Club Class is 80% of AC biz class quality at a fraction of the price (200 each way for transatlantic flight). Staff very friendly and attentive, bypassed all lines like access to nexus, lots of extras during the flight incl dedicated bathroom, food good and presented nicely. When you consider the add ons people pay for in econ like seat selection and extras you have to pay for, Club Class is (by far) the way to go from what I've seen in other reviews. I'm spending 5 figures to take a family of 4 on a one time trip to Europe so the additional cost was easily justified with the astonished look on my kids faces with the treatment we received from start to finish.

Air Transat Customer review :  18 June 2012 by L Henderson    (Canada)

Toronto to Glasgow on June 8. Bought the ticket (family member passed away) the night before and was surprised how many seats were still available. Staff were friendly, cheerful. Seats were large enough, even for my ample bottom. The food was as expected, just palatable, but there were 4 choices and the meals were hot. I'd suggest bringing ear plugs as they are not available on board, and should you have a family of screaming kids for the entire flight (as we did) you will need them. The staff although friendly gave no suggestions or assistance to the screaming children. I must admit that thankfully not all children were unhappy, mine was kept entertained with electronics I brought with us and there were many others that were wonderful travelers. The flight left and arrived on time, plane was clean, staff was friendly. Only downside was limited number of toilets. Would travel with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  18 June 2012 by H Jhaj    (Canada)

Booked family of 4 trip to Birmingham, UK - requested a vegetarian meal for myself but couldn't do that until we had reserved seating @ $25/pp both ways - another $200 over and above what seemed like reasonable fares - only to find on board a vegetarian meal is standard offer as part of the meal! The plane to UK was extremely old and the seating very cramped - we were exhausted by the time we reached our destination. On our return flight the plane was a newer model and the seating we had selected was nothing in comparison to the layout online - although alot more comfortable than before. The inflight entertainment was not well placed as the screen was either too close for proper viewing or too far which my younger child was unable to view due to the seat in front of him.

Air Transat Customer review :  14 June 2012 by Robin Giles    (Canada)

YVR-LGW-YVR. Checked in online outbound which was quick and efficient. No special check-in machines at LGW but the airline has a dedicated set of well staffed check-in desks so it was quick and easy. Aircraft A300-200 were in very good condition. Booked seats ahead of time to get into the 2 abreast at the rear of the plane. Generous leg room and the wider aisle. Worth booking the seats ahead of time in spite of the fee, but they are all doing that now. Started boarding well before departure which meant we were ready to go on time. Pleasant young cabin crew, in both directions, a refreshing change from the somewhat more mature attendants on the rival carrier. Drinks cart soon after take off. Meals not gourmet but quite adequate. Plenty of visits with drinks. Cabin crew quite attentive. Good entertainment system and a working flight map. Altogether a good flight and the price was right.

Air Transat Customer review :  13 June 2012 by Sam Jones    (UK)

Gatwick to Calgary. Dirty old planes, cramped, lights flashing in the cabin due to fault, poor screens, paid for extra legroom - was cramped against a wall. Food was awful. Will never use them again. One thing to note is that the Canadians do you make you feel very welcome when you arrive. Back in the UK - not one 'welcome' in the airport by staff. All very miserable and you need a pound coin for the luggage trolley.