Transaero Airlines Passenger Reviews and Transaero Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2

Check Transaero Airlines passenger information in our customer travel guide

Transaero Airlines 3-Star Airline Ranking

Russia's first privately owned airline

Transaero Airlines Economy Class seat reviews

Flatbed seats in Imperial First Class

Transaero Airlines First & Business Class Lounge Reviews

Economy Plus seating available on most aircraft

Transaero Airlines First Class & Business class Seat reviews

Complimentary meals available on all flights

Transaero Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Handheld AVOD IFE player available (extra charge Y Class)

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by N Morison    (Australia)

16.10.2014 Yekaterinburg to Bangkok. Our flight was scheduled at 0.40 AM in the morning and it was delayed to 1.20 AM due to late arrival of airplane from Bangkok. We found seats very tight, my husband is 1.80m tall and he struggled to move. Impossible to stretch his legs at all. Food was alright, nothing spectacular. Cabin staff work well, but not one of them speaks English - if not for my help, my English speaking husband would not able to ask for a glass of water. There is no entertainment for foreigners - only movies in Russian. No individual PTV screens only big screens hanging from the ceiling, therefore you can not select a movie. Was very hot in the cabin. In general flight was okay, got us to Bangkok, main problem was the tight seats.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Cary Morrow    (USA)

I have flown for over 50 years, and have been to more than 60 countries, this is the worst airline I have ever flown on. The gate attendant asked us to give up our seats (window, aisle and aisle seats) for a family wanting to sit together and if we did they would upgrade us. To our surprise our new seats were in the middle of the middle row at the back of the plane. The inflight entertainment computer left me with little foot room while blowing hot air on my feet. The IFE for everyone on the flight was out of order. All food and beverages (other than coffee or tea) was room temp. Only one alcoholic beverage (wine only) for the flight was allowed, this was served with your dinner. No ice for drinks. I tried to move to one of the last two rows (18 seats) that were empty but I was not allowed due to fact that 4 flight attendants were sleeping. The flight attendants locked the bathroom by the galley for their own use. The other bathrooms ran out of toilet paper and degraded into something worse than a porta john after an outdoor concert on a 100 degree day. After some time a flight attendant brought 2 rolls of TP for 6 bathrooms and gave the rolls to the last person in line. The flight attendants somehow could not understand English if you asked a question but they could speak English if they demanded something from you.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Huehmer Alexander    (Austria)

My LH flight VKO-FRA (continuing to VIE) was cancelled and so I was rebooked on Transaero on a direct flight to VIE. Had low expectations but was totally caught by surprise when I entered the pretty new 737-800: Their C-class is a real C-class with 2-2 seat configuration, perfect seat pitch, lunch menu and utmost pleasant and friendly service. I took Japanese rolls as a starter and a grilled seabass as main course. Food looked appealing and tasted delicious. Entertainment was low but on a 3 hours flight not an issue - at least not for me. Will be definitely an option for future flights to Moscow and beyond.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by J Siroky    (Slovakia)

I booked a flight LED-DME-PKC and back. When I arrived to the airport, there was a huge lane and I almost missed my flight as check-in was as fast as 1 person per 15 minutes and the staff was unfriendly and was not speaking English at all. During the first flight one cracker and that's it, staff unfriendly as well. Transfer on DME quite ok, but during the 8,5 hour flight there was no entertainment as the screens were not working. Food was surprisingly above average, but the staff was not speaking English again. Flight back was really terrible, no entertainment and as there was light outside you could not sleep either. The food this time was disgusting and cold, and staff (again) not speaking English. After arrival (1 hour late) my connecting flight was supposed to leave in 50 minutes. When I came to the gate, which was switched 3 times until I've finally got to the right one, the flight was for unknown reasons delayed 30 minutes.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by J Thomas    (Russia)

Prior to this trip, I had only ever used Aeroflot or Korean Air to reach Vladivostok from the USA, and vice versa. As this trip was university-related and was paid for by my Russian university, they naturally bought the cheapest tickets possible-Transaero. The trip from Vladivostok to Moscow was on a relatively new 777, with good personal IFE and decent food, with reasonable legroom. When I arrived in Moscow, I expected the Moscow-New York flight to be even better than the domestic flight. Boy, was I wrong. The plane from Moscow-Vnukovo to NY-JFK was an old 767, with no personal IFE. The one plus side was a lot of leg room, but it was a long flight with no IFE and rude staff. The return trip to Moscow was pretty much the same, but when we arrived in Moscow and switched airports, there was a slight problem. They had accidentally deleted our group from their flight manifest! We showed them the e-tickets, and out boarding passes from the previous flights. They re-booked us on the same flight, and gave us a free upgrade for their mistake, which was nice. the flight back to Vlad was great, with great IFE and food. Overall, not bad for the price, but I still will use Korean Air for my personal journeys back and forth from Vladivostok to the USA.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by C Mayr    (Austria)

St Petersburg-Moscow DME on board of a B733. Flight left and arrived on time. Cabin was clean and in good condition. FA's did their job, but as usual in Russia don't expect a smile. Got tea and a cookie, but what would you expect on a one hour flight. Overall Transaero is a reasonable Airline in my opinion and I would fly them again on domestic flights in Russia.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by A Pivovar    (Russian Federation)

Flights from St Petersburg to Moscow are now from the Pulkovo New Terminal. Comfort Lounge (business lounge not available) is awful. It's worse than regular space. No food, no beverages (only water and coca cola). Dirty chairs, only instant coffee.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by A Agassi    (USA)

I flew this airline from JFK to Moscow and the flight was terrible. We got the same food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it was meat with rice that was 2 out of the 3 times cold. The flight stewardess barely knew English and the bathroom was filthy, but again it was the cheapest option.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Lucy Ulanova    (USA)

I frequently fly LA-Moscow and back, so Transaero UN 557/558 is the best option in my opinion: it is a direct flight and the cheapest one taking into account it is only 12 hours long.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Natalya Demidova    (USA)

JFK to Moscow, flight 2222 on May 19. Return flight 1111 on June 10. Outstanding service! Provided wonderful accommodations including blankets, socks, free head sets, mouthwash, and more. The food was good, and they do not charge for wine (as no airline should). The big plus was that the temperature onboard was very comfortable! I travel a lot, and from now on, I'll be using Transaero as often as possible!

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2013 by Jerome Loh    (Malaysia)

DME-VCE. Service was much better than I expected it to be. Flight took off on time despite snowfall and bad weather, crew were friendly, 2 drink services and 1 meal service for a 3 hour flight. Meal was delicious. Airplane is clean but lacks IFE. Pillows and blankets are provided. Towels and sweets given before departure. Overall a very good experience with Transaero Airlines and definitely will recommend this airline.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by M A Marc-Antoie    (Russia)

DME-LAX-DME. Fine web check-in and then final check-in at the airport, take-off on time. Very old B747-400, with cables and wires visible from the cabin, impossible to hear the messages from the crew. Unequal service - some stewardesses being very rude. On the flight back from LAX, part of the cabin could not have lights turned off so many people could not sleep on the night flight.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by A Dmitry    (Russia)

Night DME-KJA-DME 5-hour-flight. Got a Web check-in with the boarding pass sent to the mobile, however still had to rush about the airport looking to print out the paper pass, as there were no electronic boarding pass procedure at the airport, not even a way to print it out quickly at the Check-in kiosks after the registration was closed (was registered 10 hours before the flight). Inflight service was slow and poorly organized, It would make more sense on a night flight to start and finish the flight service during the first part of the flight to let people rest rather than drag it out through the whole flight. Seat comfort was close to nothing - literally no leg room (I am 180 cm-5'11) - its a shame to pay normal price for a low-cost service.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by Ed Dale    (USA)

LAX to Moscow DME return in economy class. The food was fine. The staff were friendly. The seats were fine. I slept for 7 hours with no problems on both the outbound and inbound flights. I would recommend this airline, for the price you will not get a better flight.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  24 September 2012 by O Kovacs    (Israel)

Tel Aviv - Moscow and Moscow - Toronto return on Boeing 767,777. The food is just unacceptable - it reminds the food level and quality the airlines used to serve in the 80s. Although there is a personal screen on the back of the seat in front of every person, no movies are displayed, just previews to some movies which Transaero will show u a personal DVD player if you pay. A 10 hours flight and no entertainment supplied!

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2012 by Kolchin Vladimir    (Russia)

Holiday flight from Moscow DME to Lisbon. Paid EUR 750 for a return ticket, which is far too much for what you get. Transaero has a separate check-in zone in Domodedovo, and flights to Europe have dedicated check- in counters, though there is no indication of it whatsoever. I saw people flying to Astana queuing in front of me were refused check-in and had to queue again at another counter. Boarding started on time, then there was a very long bus ride to the remote part of the airport. After boarding, a 1-hr delay was announced, as the purser explained - due to bad weather in DME. From my window I could see planes taking off and landing. Onboard the legroom was very good, much larger than usual in Economy. Staff reasonably friendly, food served was not tasty but filling. The selection was beef or chicken. There was no inflight entertainment. The return flight was on time with exactly the same features onboard.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by A Anders    (USA)

Flew JFK-DMD-ALA and back. The flying stock is old and outdated. Broken seats and trays. Smelly, unsanitary lavatories. No entertainment provided during the transatlantic flights unless you paid $20 for a portable player. Attendants are full of attitude and in need of training on courteous service. I wouldn't feed livestock with the meals they serve. Basically, you get what you paid for. Cheap but not worth it.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Laszlo Reichardt    (USA)

Flew from Tashkent to Moscow then to New York. The breakfast omelette was like a piece of rubber and tasted awful. The other meals were no better. The crew, on the other hand, was great with one exception. The TV screen did not function at all, but I slept most of the way anyway.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  27 July 2012 by G Skolnick    (USA)

My seat was dirty. For food we were given no options for 1 meal and 2 options for the second. They came by twice with drinks for the entire 10-11 hour flight. We each had a screen in front of us that didn't work. Would have been worth it if I had my luggage with me. Landed on Friday in New York, and it took till Wednesday to get our luggage.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2012 by Sarah Rose    (USA)

Service was very good, though I found it a tad annoying that the primary language was Russian. Planes were very comfortable, with ample space for feet, and an extremely comfortable seat. Staff were very courteous when I asked for several drinks within a few minutes. I found the slight lack in entertainment a bit frustrating. I would suggest bringing along an Ipod.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2012 by Francois Laurent    (France)

Lyon-Moscow-Lyon in Economy class. 737 are a bit old and not very clean, FA's gave out sweets before take off and later with hot tissues, 1st beverage service and hot meal. 2nd beverage service and sweet before landing! Seats are not very comfortable, but a direct flight from Lyon-Moscow in these conditions is very nice!

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2012 by J Kene    (UK)

Moscow to London. Economy and apart from no visual entertainment it was pretty good. I received champagne upon take off (in aid of Russian Christmas Eve). On my 4.5 hour flight I was offered non alcoholic and alcoholic refreshments another 5 times and then was brought tea and sparkling water. Staff were helpful and polite and the seats comfortable. The aircraft was aged but well maintained. I would definitely fly with no reservations flying with considering the price.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2012 by G Cleaver    (UK)

Heathrow T1 to Domodedovo. At check-in, there was a long queue and apparently a delay due to weather in Moscow. We were delayed 5 hours, but they did hand out 30 vouchers for food/drink. The plane was a very outdated airbus, seating was very uncomfortable, as was leg space. The cabin toilets were awful, the taps weren't working, urine all over the floor, and no water to wash hands. After talking to a robotic cabin crew member, she handed me some bottles of water and told me to use them to wash my hands. The food was nice, but it was little to make me impressed about this airline.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2011 by F Emelanenko    (Russia)

LHR-DME. We flew an ageing 737. The plane was packed and everyone had a lot of hand luggage so there was little room for storage. Cabin crew were completely indifferent to boarding passengers and did their best to ignore them. Absolutely no assistance was offered The steward at the front of the plane used his position to glare at everyone. Departure was delayed for about an hour, of course no announcements. We were offered a soft drink and that was the last liquid we saw for the next 3.5 hours. One got the impression that the cabin crew had decided that it wasn't worth the bother of attending to passengers and they all walked about with morose and sulking expressions. I would only ever consider Transaero if the price was significantly lower.

Transaero Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2011 by H Wallach    (Israel)

The food was mostly awful. Out of 4 flights (Tel Aviv-Moscow-New York, and back), food only edible New-York-Moscow. The crew knew little English, and didn't make much of an effort to help. Newspapers were Russian only. Moscow-New York there was no audio or movie and we were offered to rent a video game for 40 USD - on the flight back there were movies, but all in Russian.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  27 October 2011 by R Dhillon   (UK)

DME (Moscow) to LHR. Good check-in staff, but from there things were not up to scratch. Inflight announcements indecipherable, cabin crew unfriendly, and food and service definitely not up to international standards. Needs significant improvement.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  14 September 2011 by A Denisov   (Russia)

Moscow to Hurghada, Monastir and Antalya. All flights were on B747, old ones but well maintained. No delays, smooth and efficient check-in. Business Class Lounge in Domodedovo was pretty comfortable. Seats were huge (as the aircraft's were previously with some Japanese airlines, they kept what was First Class and offer it as Business). Cabin crew were courteous and efficient. Meal was excellent, generous portions with a good selection, but the main thing was the quality of food was of a high standard.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  29 August 2011 by Phillip Watson   (UK)

LHR-DME-SVX Decided on Transaero as the price was quite good compared to other companies and an excellent safety record. Premium Economy on the outward flight and Economy on the inbound flight. Flew on aging Boeing 737's and decor was faded. We were put in the front row on both legs outbound as we were traveling with our children. However, the airline doesn't supply bassinets. The onboard service to Moscow was good with helpful FA's and for the first time I can remember we were given the baby and child's meal I had ordered. The leg room in Premium Economy is excellent and I would recommend Premium Economy on this airline if you are flying with children. The problems started in Moscow. We were told that we had to pick up our baggage in Moscow, but we had prepared ourselves for that. However when checking our baggage into Moscow the airline refused to take our buggy past security as they did at Heathrow and insisted it be placed into the hold as luggage. We were told it was either too heavy, too complicated or some other reason. The reason was made clear as they said don't worry about having to carry your son because you can hire a buggy which can be taken past security for 200RUB. This is a blatant rip-off and a cheap attempt to make money and the Transaero representative was rude and offensive, even for Russian customer services. We felt we had no choice but to hire one and we boarded the connecting flight. The service was not as good and the FA's had a bored and disinterested approach, although we did get our child and baby meal again. On our return flight we were told that we didn't have to pick up our luggage at Moscow but that the buggy would have to be taken into the airplane and we would have to pay another 200RUB in Moscow. At Moscow we also discovered that for some reason the check-in assistant had put myself, my son and my wife in random seats in the aircraft to London and it was only with a fellow passenger agreeing to move that we could sit together. When another passenger asked what was going on and we explained she just shrugged and said that's what you get when you fly Transaero The service was a bit erratic to London, when we asked for a pillow for our sleeping son after take off was told curtly that they had run out, and quite a few were impatient with other passengers.The food was quite good on all legs but no drinks runs were made. Only the London Moscow flight had any IFE which was an old Soviet cartoon played on a VHS player. However, to listen to it you had to pay 200RUB for the headphones. On the Moscow London flight they were handing out portable media players to watch movies but you had to pay 500RUB to hire one. The trip had some good areas, when the service is good it is good. It has the potential to be a very good airline but it needs to be more consistent with its service on the flight and stop trying to add extra charges before and during the flights and as with other Russian airlines it falls down badly on customer service. It is 2-star airline, but it could be so much better.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  8 August 2011 by M Northouse   (USA)

JFK to DME then to Kazan. Overall the flight was enjoyable. The food was much better than we received before from Aeroflot. The crew was nice and spoke mostly Russian, but did try to speak english. On our way back from Kazan to Moscow DME they wanted to charge us extra for our baggage. My wife tried to explain to them that this only one leg of an international flight to New York JFK. After a while they waived the extra baggage weight fees. Overall I would rate Transaero about a 7 out of a 10. We did have a 20 hour layover in Moscow (DME) because not enough flights to America.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  1 July 2011 by A Kelly   (USA)

It was not super luxurious, but it was totally fine, and definitely nicer than my last Aeroflot flight. The flight was a little late (less than 1hr), seats were a normal level of comfort, food was abundant and pretty good as airline food goes. It's not like one of the established European carriers (no choice of 46 movies, etc.), but all in all, I felt like they had their act together and would fly with them again. Given the low price, it was an exceptionally good value.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  27 May 2011 by O Segal   (Israel)

TLV to JFK with a change of planes in Moscow (DME). Everything about this airline was frustrating. It is almost impossible to get anyone on the phone, either in Israel or NY. You cannot pre-select seats. Despite what I was told, they were not able to issue a boarding pass for the second flight when I checked in for the first flight. In general the attitude of the flight crew was that anyone who did not speak Russian didn't rate much attention. Despite the attractive fare I will never consider flying with them again.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  28 January 2011 by Jerry Leibnits   (USA)

New York JFK to Moscow. Surprisingly cheap tickets and good service in economy. The crew spoke good english and were courteous. Both meal services were quite nice, taking into account free wine selection. Tea/coffee and ice-cream service in the middle of the flight looked like a compensation for the non-existent IFE (program on the overhead projectors and monitors was only in Russian).

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  25 January 2011 by David Loeffen   (Canada)

YYZ-DME-KBP return. Online check-in for flight out worked fine, some issues on return flight, but quickly resolved. Food was acceptable, cabin staff were terrific with good language skills in both Russian and English. Minor time delays on return flight, but not fault of airline.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  11 January 2011 by Kate Kuhl   (UK)

I would recommend to stay away from this airline. It is impossible to get in touch with anyone in London. If you need a letter confirming the delay for insurance puposes, you need to fill out a form in Russian, get is signed and stamped by a solicitor, pay a fee of about 12.00 through a Russian banking system and hope that within a month they will send you this letter.

TRANSAERO AIRLINES customer review :  22 December 2010 by Sheila Bonnick   (UK)

We have been stuck in Moscow for some days now. Admittedly the weather crisis is not the airlines fault but the attitude of the staff at Moscow Airport is unacceptable. Some of the staff even had a smirk on their faces as if they were celebrating our misfortune. The others just didn't want to know. After 15 hours we were banished to a dirty hotel and the next day missed the bus back to the airport due to bad communication so we couldn't board the afternoon flight.

1 2