Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by David Cartwright    (Australia)

We flew Sydney to Proserpine and return and left us feeling very happy and satisfied with the complete package. Check in staff at both Sydney and Proserpine were both polite and seemed happy in their jobs. The boarding procedures were without issue and the aircraft's were both well presented, and on the return trip the newest aircraft in the fleet had that nice "new plane smell" about it. The flights left and arrived on time. The seating was adequate, not overly roomy but ok. The leather upholstery on the return flight was welcome. The inflight catering is user pays as is usual with all low cost carriers, and a good variety was available and to my knowledge was all available. We purchased 2 hot chocolate drinks at $4 each, which was reasonable value. The cabin staff were attentive and had good customer skills . The main reason airlines employ cabin staff is to facilitate safety, and the cabin staff on both sectors were very particular with their safety briefings and walk around checks. On arrival at Sydney we were directed to a remote parking stand. This presented no problems as the bus transport dropped the pax off literally within 20 metres of the baggage claim carousel. One passenger mislaid his mobile phone on the aircraft , the cabin staff located it and it was in his custody before the bus reached the terminal, all with a smile. Great customer service. We will certainly consider Tigerair next time.

Tigerair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by T Brown    (Australia)

Melbourne to Cairns, 7th July. 12 hour delay due to a bird strike. Exactly one week to the day we are currently grounded at Cairns for at least 6 hours due to a bird strike. Call me cynical but how coincidental is that. Just an excuse used by Tigerair me thinks. Will never fly with them again, and I don't recommend you using them either.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 July 2014 by S Jones    (Australia)

Does the catering exist? Flew MEL-BNE, check in easy - no queue. Check in person at bag drop offered us exit row seats, which were gratefully accepted. But, when the food service commenced they advised they had 'ran out'. MEL is a base - how can they not have food at the start of a flight departing MEL? Flight delayed due to a broken Jetstar plane and only one runway, but captain kept passengers informed. See my earlier review about lack of catering out of PER - bit of a theme!

Tigerair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Nicholas Tan    (Singapore)

1st time on budget carrier TR2288 on 15 Jun , lots of people almost full flight, a brand new aircraft, A320 sharklets. More comfortable breathing than 20 Jun, RI836 stuffy aircon. Staff were very friendly, the duty free was on 30% discount. When disembarking the plane the staff cheerfully greeted passengers. Ground staff were good. Not so strict with baggage weight compared to some airlines. Overall I will not mind flying Tiger Airways again.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Nicholas Tan    (Singapore)

RI836, 20 June 2014. Early arrival into Changi airport, food reasonable and good. Staff forgot to clear the tray, a kind passenger helped me to tell the staff to clear my tray. Staff do help people to pack their luggage in the overhead compartment.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by J Dron    (Australia)

Sunshine Coast-Melbourne return. Flights down and back left on time. The flight to Melbourne was over the lunch period and they had no meals or sandwiches left. We had anticipated being able to have lunch on board, so didn't eat prior. Needless to say we arrived in Melbourne rather hungry. The flight back was great as we were upgraded to exit row seats free of charge. Overall, you get what you pay for. Tigerair met my expectations and I would certainly fly with them again.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Jane Butters    (Australia)

Never again! Our flight from the Gold Coast to Melbourne was cancelled last weekend with 2 hours notice. We received notification via an sms. We phoned the airline who did not at the time offer us an alternate flight, so we booked another flight that day with Jetstar. When we arrived at the airport we asked for an explanation at the Tigerair counter. We were told we could fly later that day from Brisbane or the next day from the Gold Coast but this had not been offered to us earlier and we had made alternate arrangements and paid premium prices for tickets. There seems to be a complete lack of regard for peoples circumstances and inconvenience resulting from cancelled flights. We will never again fly with them.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Adam Simmons    (Spain)

Sydney-Cairns return, 24-28/06. We found the seats a bit cramped up to Cairns so elected to go for extra legroom for the return leg. I tried to change these online but was unable to do so. The following day, we popped into the airport to go to the ticket office but found that there wasn't one. so, I approached the check-in manager and explained the problem. Not only did we get the seats we wanted but the upgrade was free by way of an apology. This was most impressive customer service! Outbound flight was on time, inbound left 30 minutes late but, due to very strong tailwinds, we recovered most of the time en route. Ignore the IFE rating - there was none.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Hirshfield    (USA)

Flew Tigerair from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore on June 28, 2014. Clean aircraft, since this is a bargain airline, there are no classes of service. There was a delay leaving because of a passenger and their luggage but we made up the time flying. Flight staff was nice, even though this was only a 45 minute they still did a beverage service. Everything with this airline costs $$$ I am surprised they didn't charge you to use the bathroom! There was actually more legroom on this aircraft than there is on Air Asia, but they are snug seats for sure. The seats do recline quite a bit, again more than on Air Asia. I think my coke cost $4.00 SD. No complaints about the flight staff, landing was a bit bumpy, but that happens.

Tigerair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Manasi Desai    (India)

We travelled to and from Chennai (India)-Singapore on 9th June and 16th June 2014. Flight was not at all comfortable, take off and landing were bumpy. It's accepted that flight is one of the cheapest for Asia pacific region but they could at least serve a glass of water for free on a flight of 4 hours. All drinks including water cost 4 s$. Space between seats is too small to be comfortable.

Tigerair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Andrew Tan    (Singapore)

Singapore-Phnom Penh, 12 June 2014 and PHN-SIN, 13 June 2014. Both flights on time. Load was full, plane clean and service prompt. Announcements clear. Both flight landings were bumpy. The onboard drinks were overpriced. It should be cheaper in order to generate more sales. For the price and on time it is a good deal.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Wruck Rhonda    (Australia)

We have flown Tigerair numerous times in the past few years between Brisbane and Melbourne with few problems until Thursday 29th May when they left Brisbane 2.5 hours late. We were fortunate we didn't have anyone waiting and the FAPAS bus still happily honoured our ticket. Then returning on Monday 2nd from Melbourne, our flight which was due to leave 12.20pm, eventually took off at 17.05pm arriving in Brisbane too late for us to get our connecting transport home until Tuesday morning. They announced several times that due to the late arrival of our plane, our flight would be leaving late which didn't ring true. A later flight took off hours before ours. They eventually gave all passengers a $5 refreshment voucher but this hardly makes up for sitting in the airport for 6 hours with only several announcements.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 June 2014 by L Stephen    (Australia)

Travelled Prosperine-Sydney, Sydney-Melbourne on Saturday 31 May. Due to late arrival of plane in Prosperine by the time flight arrived at Sydney, I was too late to collect baggage and re-check in. Ground staff and flight attendants could not have been more helpful, polite and concerned. I collected my bag and when I realised check- in was closed, I went to the gate and the ground staff checked my bag in at the gate and had it placed in the hold. Excellent service, and the best bit, Tigerair now have a gluten free meal option. Jetstar and Virgin could learn something from Tiger re food options for those with food intolerance's.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by M Norris    (Australia)

Got to airport just to find out they had decided to cancel flight, excuse given was flight was delayed for too long even though 2 more flights flew out after ours. Offered no accommodation and told refund would take 6 weeks, this is the second time this has happened within a month on same route, Gold coast to Sydney at 8pm.

Tigerair Customer review :  30 May 2014 by D Bill    (Australia)

The last 2 years we have flown 2617 up from Perth to Singapore. Its a budget airline and with that you get the budget things. Flights always on time with no delays. Its 5 hours so if you have sore backs and a big man like me you are prob going to be a little uncomfortable. But hey its that or another grand more on SQ.

Tigerair Customer review :  30 May 2014 by C Venkat    (India)

Denpasar (Bali, Indonesia) - Singapore - Bangalore (India) May 2014. The departure time for my Bali-Singapore flight was advanced by a few hours with no prior intimation. They claimed that they had sent me an e-mail, but no such thing was done. Second, they put me on a later flight from Bali to Singapore. When I pointed out that this would leave me just 40 minutes to catch my connecting flight to Bangalore, they assured me that that would be fine, and they would have someone assist me at the airport. On reaching Singapore, I practically ran to the Transfer Desk at Singapore, only to be told that check-ins were closed for the Bangalore flight (which was running full), and I could only be accommodated in the next flight, 24 hours later. My protests about what I was told at Bali fell on deaf ears. Tiger refused to provide me accommodation, and I was invited to spend the night at the terminal. They did give me meal vouchers, which are accepted in exactly two restaurants in the entire airport. As long as things go fine, Tiger is OK, after all, my journey in the other direction (Bangalore - Singapore - Bali) had passed off without incident. However, once something unusual happens, you will feel the full impact of Tiger's service (the lack of it, rather).

Tigerair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Vivien Simon    (Australia)

Tigerair economy MEL to MCY and return. On the infrequent times I have flown with this airline, I have found them never less than satisfactory. For the price, they represent good value for money against any of the other budget or full service airlines. On this occasion, the seating configuration was tight, but the cost was just over half of what Qantas would have charged. Both flights were on time for take off and arrival at destination.

Tigerair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by S Jones    (Australia)

PER-MEL. For the price, I guess I was overall happy with the experience. However, for a 1745 departure and a 3.5 hour flight, I was disappointed to discover they had no fresh food onboard during a dinner time flight. Admittedly, the plane had just landed from MEL and Tigerair has no base in Perth, but no fresh food! I had to settle for Pringles and nuts. Plus, T2 at Perth is a shiny shed, where most things had shut down before departure - the bar and the newsagent were both shut. I wasn't really in the mood for Subway and had expected at least a sandwich and a wine on board. Cabin crew mostly indifferent though.

Tigerair Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Hakan Samsa    (Australia)

We travelled From Sydney to Melbourne return On 17 May and and were pleasantly surprised. I used the Online Checkin and also printed our boarding passes. The site was available for check in 2-3 days prior to the flight, thus all we had to do was walk in through gates and board. The A320 aircraft were clean and modern. The only minor issue with myself was that the seat headrests were a little high so basically our field of vision was restricted. The inflight announcements were very good. The airfares are very reasonable, the flight was very quiet and everybody was greeted with respect.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 May 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

Singapore to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and Bangkok to Singapore. Tigerair has got a gem in the Straight to Gate service in Singapore - no queues, no need to check in at airport if all you have is a carry on bag, and for the period of time I was travelling I also got a complimentary cup of coffee at Changi T2! Singapore to Bangkok a full flight. Aircraft had old livery and old blue seats, seat comfort was ok, legroom was tight and no recline (I was placed in Row 11 in front of emergency exit rows). Cabin service was good on this flight. Bangkok to Singapore was a newer aircraft with slightly more comfortable black leather seats (same seat pitch as previous flight) and I was again assigned a seat in Row 11. Flight was completely full. Service on this flight was quicker than the last - meals were sold/served 10 minutes after take-off and duty free immediately after that. Arrival in Singapore was 20 minutes ahead of schedule, gate to immigration in under 5 minutes. Tigerair is a pretty good experience and excellent value for money (I got my tickets in a web sale), but pay to select your seat if you can (lest you get assigned a really lousy row like mine).

Tigerair Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Jarrod McCloughan    (Australia)

Brisbane to Sydney on the 4th May on TT377 which was scheduled to depart at 3:55pm. There were delays in Sydney due to winds and all airlines were suffering delays to/from Sydney. Hardly Tigers fault. Boarded the plane around 4:40pm and was ready for take off just after 5pm. Most people were asleep after a busy weekend as we started rolling down the runway. About 1/3 of the way down the runway, the captain hit the brakes. We were stopped at the end of the runway and had no idea why. There was no announcement from the cabin crew and eventually the captain came on. A light had appeared during takeoff and he had to abort the takeoff. So he said we'd go back to the terminal and have engineers look at the issue and we were to remain on the plane. The cabin crew made no announcements at all during this time. One got short when people wanted to go the toilet. After about 10 mins we were told we would need to get off and head back into the terminal. Back into the terminal we go and we were told not to go too far so we can listen to the announcements. What announcements?? There was not 1 announcement from the Aerocare ground staff. The captain made two announcements over the nearly 5 hour delay! One of the announcements was that the engineer had just arrived at that was at 7pm, nearly 2 hours later and that we should be out by 8pm. Then 8pm came and no announcement. The staff at the gate said a call would be made between 8:30pm and 9pm to see if the flight would be cancelled. Come 9pm ,there was no announcement! With a delay this long, peoples tempers were becoming frayed! The AFP turned up a few times. We received no food or drink vouchers. We also learnt that if the flight was cancelled, it was left up to us to find accommodation. The 8:05pm flight to Sydney was cancelled as it was the same aircraft that we were on. There was some very lost passengers at the gate as there was no staff at the gate. We finally boarded around 9:20pm and we didn't get off the ground till 9:45pm. All we got onboard as compensation was a cup of tea or coffee or a cup of water! We made it to Sydney with 6 mins to spare before curfew. Not too sure if I'd fly Tiger again after this experience. The Aerocare staff need better training to handle these situations.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 May 2014 by P Mark    (Australia)

Adelaide- Melbourne return, carry on baggage only, check in at Adelaide less than a minute. Modern A320 aircraft clean and tidy and departed on time. Return flight 3 days later much the same as out bound, though given exit seats with generous leg room at no extra charge. All in all great value for a 60 minute flight which cost less than half of other airlines. as with other budget airlines , arrive at the airport in plenty of time, know the rules and regs and fly cheap.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Tanmay Bhakta    (Australia)

I flew from Singapore to Penang with Tiger recently. At the boarding gate there was 1 hour delay for the flight where the airline didn't even make an announcement. The plane was an old A320 which had an old cabin with crammed seats. My tray table was broken and seats did not recline properly. After we took off I asked the stewardess for a soft drink, but she just told me to ask later. The bathrooms were okay, but the flush was not working and no water in the sink. From now on I will not fly Tiger again unless I have no choice.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P Stav    (Australia)

The 8.05pm Tiger flight on the Sunday of the A-League Grand Final - Brisbane to Sydney - was cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday 8.05! There was no assistance from staff, no communication and complete contempt for passengers. I spent 23 hours waking and sleeping at Brisbane airport after changing to a Virgin flight that was also cancelled and reset for a few hours departure later than planned. Mine is one of many stories and Tiger has seen the last of me.

Tigerair Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Adrian Felton    (Australia)

Flew to Sydney - Brisbane return on the same day, 5th May 2014. Flight to Brisbane was eventually about an hour and a half late, but the return flight was cancelled after waiting in the check in queue for about 2 hours. The worst thing was nobody was told anything, At one stage the police came along, fearing trouble and they had to tell the staff to make an announcement! Zero care, appalling customer service, useless excuse for an airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  29 April 2014 by R Hamilton    (Australia)

First and last flight with Tiger today. Hesitantly booked our flights about 6 weeks ago as all other airline options weren't suitable at the time, paid to allocate specific seats as I'm a nervous flyer, arrived at the airport 85 mins prior to departure to see an enormous queue and 3 check-in staff. A staff member eventually came forward asking for anymore passengers for Sydney (ex Cairns), we came forward with half a dozen others and were told there were 7 seats left on the flight, I shrugged this off as we had already paid for our seats, were early and had paid extra for the seat allocation. Things went downhill quickly. No seats together, bad luck read the T&C's we were told which apparently state no matter how much you pay or how early you are, you're not even guaranteed a seat let alone the one you specifically chose and paid extra for. Apparently they're in the business of intentionally over-selling all of their flights. When I protested and continued to remind her we were on time, had followed all the rules and should not have had our seats given away we were told too bad, further protesting miraculously eventually resulted in seats together but not the seats we'd paid for. Our bag was a couple of kilos over which was the same bag that boarded a Jetstar flight to Cairns without incident and now we were being told to pay $25 per kilo, I laughed and said that's ok we can take a few things out, the already rude check-in staff member continued to get ruder and ruder telling us she didn't have time for this (still an hour before the flight) and eventually let us go but only because I continued to protest. The size of the seat and legroom was by far the most cramped and uncomfortable I've ever experienced. Arrived in Sydney on time but landed in the middle of the Tarmac and had to be ferried by buses to the terminal, of course not enough buses! For the stress and discomfort caused at the end of an otherwise amazing holiday, saving $50 on the fare price just wasn't worth it. Neither of us will ever fly with Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Mounsey Graeme    (Australia)

TT271, Sydney to Melbourne, 24/4 - arrived at airport to see cancelled on airport monitors. No information, nothing. Wait in queue for an hour to be offered refund or flight tomorrow "sometime". Great start to long weekend. Flew last flight at night with Qantas instead - at great cost. TT214, Melbourne to Sydney, 28/4. Arrived at airport - flight not even on monitor. No information. Cancelled! Join huge queue, confusion reigns, by time we get to front 90 minutes later, (only one staff member processing flights for first hour in queue) they are offering Virgin fight 6hrs later. Flew Qantas instead - again at great cost. Will I fly Tiger again? What do you think!

Tigerair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Gavin Nicholson    (Australia)

I was booked to fly from Sydney to Melbourne on 27 April, standing in check-in lane two check-in staff got up closed their counter and walked off. Instantaneously a text message arrived saying flight cancelled. No assistance to get to a new flight nothing. Worst customer service ever.

Tigerair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by V Sitaraman    (India)

Chennai-Spore-Jakarta on 22 Apr. I have taken 8 flights on TR in the India-Spore-Indonesia sector and all were on time. Clean planes and pleasant crew. I have only two comments. I always select a first row seat and pay around $ 25 for it. Normally the middle seat will be vacant (no one wants to pay for a middle seat) which gives you some elbow room. However, on 3 occasions when the flight was full passengers who had not paid the extra were given free access to to the front row making the paying passengers regret their decision. I have taken lot more flights in AirAsia, also in the first row, but I have not encountered this situation there. My second complaint is about the "board me first" privilege which is charged at $ 5. This is never enforced at Chennai, Jakarta and Bandung. It is announced at Spore but on my last flight passengers were bussed to the plane and the boarding order was how one got off the bus. I will not be paying for this useless privilege in future.

Tigerair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Hindri Susanto    (Singapore)

I flew from Singapore to Denpasar with a friend under the same booking. We didn't pay to select our seats when ordering online. The check-in staff assigned us separate seats blaming full flights and we were the last few to check in (although we arrived at the counter almost 2 hours before the flight). We boarded the plane and found both our individual seats had been occupied by 2 people from 2 different groups which, like us, had their seats assigned separately as well. What's worse is there are 2 empty unassigned seats adjacent to each other a few rows in front of us - thankfully we ended up in those seats. The feeling I get is this is a set-up to traumatise passengers and pay to select seats in future flights. I know it is innocent until proven guilty but consider yourself warned.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 April 2014 by E Brown    (Australia)

I was a couple of kilos over, but within size limit, of carry on luggage and charged $75 dollars to check it in. I was told I could wear enough articles in my bag to reduce the weight, though this does not reduce the weight of me and my bag in the cabin. Then my bag doesn't catch the same plane as me. Ground crew told me "for some reason your bag didn't make the flight". I also wouldn't be getting it until the next day. I had enough meds for the flight but had left the bulk of my meds in the bag. The service and the lack of humanity within the staff as a result of training to standby ridiculous nonsensical rules.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by F Van Winkle    (USA)

Not worth saving a few dollars. Bought tickets from Sydney to Brisbane connecting from an international flight with more time that suggested by the airlines with connections. When we arrived at the Tiger check-in, the line was long, and desk understaffed, and by the time we reached a rep it was 42 minutes until departure, thus we were told our tickets were worthless. Rules are rules, but the rep had no interest in helping us and even informed us that we could buy another full fare Tiger ticket to fly a nearby city. We gave up, walked 50 feet to Virgin Australia and were treated as if we were long time customers - even rushed onto a flight that departed before the original Tiger flight. I understand that airlines have rules for reasons, but part of flying is the service and at Tiger, there is none whatsoever. I recommend not flying with this airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Sarah Wilson    (Australia)

I flew on April 4 Brisbane - Melbourne and again April 6 MEL-BNE. Initially I was hesitant on flying with them due to their previously bad rep however after the weekend I am very likely to book with them again due to their cheap fares. Arriving 45 mins before is mandatory as the check-in closes immediately 45 mins prior to take off. I arrived 1.5 hours early to be sure and that was plenty of time. The plane took off on time, and landed on time- all I required. Staff are friendly. Seats are smaller than other airlines which may be a problem for some people. Flying in and out of Melbourne means T4 which is a smaller terminal, just south of Tullamarine's T1 T2 and T3. This wasn't a problem as well signed and I was aware, however may be problematic if you have not planned ahead. I would suggest flying Tiger. Just be on time.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Derek Shaw    (New Zealand)

Flight DG7933, 3 April, that is now, Hong Kong to Clark PHP. They continually cancel flights, disregard your paid for premium seating, supply you with the wrong terminal information, advertise down town check in at Hong Kong but close it 5 hours before the flight. Have not boarded thr plane yet but everything else has been a mess.

Tigerair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Lily Barlow    (Australia)

I couldn't be more unhappy with the customer service at Tigerair. Every time I have flown with them has been quite simply, awful. My most recent experience was flying out of Sydney to Brisbane. All trains to the domestic and international airports were delayed due to a medical emergency, so I scrambled to get a taxi to the airport, arriving 40 minutes before my flight's departure. Weather was terrible in Sydney, most flights were delayed. I was told, very curtly, that I had missed my flight and there was nothing to be done. After an hour of trying to speak to a supervisor to make a complaint, I was told nothing could be done - no refund, no credit, nothing. Ridiculous, uncompromising, and terrible customer service.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Peter Borschberg    (Singapore)

The website is not exactly user friendly. The fares are really not all that cheap, and had there been a reasonable legacy carrier flying to my destination, I would have taken that. Ground staff was borderline rude and slow. The planes may be clean, but the seats are cramped (esp. if you are tall) and there is hardly any leg room unless you pay (even more) and upgrade to an exit aisle seat. Cabin staff on the outbound leg were alright, but on the return leg were not friendly or attentive. I've flown several budget airlines in Europe, Australia and Asia, and Tigerair is without a shade of doubt at the bottom of my list.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 March 2014 by John Contreras    (Philippines)

Manila - Singapore - Manila (March 7, 2014). Check-in was flawless, ground crew very friendly, pushback on time. Landed at Changi ahead of the scheduled arrival. Flight crew friendly, seats very comfortable. Flight crew uniform is horrible. Return flight to Manila excellent. I just wish the check-in agents at Changi were friendly.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 March 2014 by M Atkin    (Australia)

I convinced my family to fly tiger (Melbourne - Sydney return) as the flights were cheaper. I now know why. A text from Tiger to say that our flight had been delayed 4 hours. This dragged out to 5 hours. This is a short hop to Melbourne. I've learnt now, I will pay my $50 extra next time for decent airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Herman Mitzi    (Germany)

Satisfactory flight from Singapore to Hong Kong. Good value for money and friendly staff.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by N Sutherland    (UK)

Bangkok - Manila Clark - Bangkok. The flight was fine and on time (better than when SE Air operated the route). The problem now is that there is no bus connection from Clark to Manila late at night, the only option to get to Manila being a ridiculously expensive Taxi (50% of the air ticket cost) or a Jeepney ride into town, and a bus to Manila. Getting back to Clark for a 0800 Departure was just too much hassle so I threw my ticket in the bin and flew Cebu Pacific out of MNL.

Tigerair Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Sasha Grigoriev    (Australia)

ADL-MEL return. Check-in online, printed boarding passes, so only had to get to the gate by boarding time. (30 minutes before departure). Aircraft fairly new A320s, in not so bad shape, clean and tidy, contents of the seatback pocket in a pretty worn state. Crew friendly and efficient, decent food and drink selection for an as to be expected price. Thorough communication from the flight deck. Both flights departed and arrived on time. The only drawback about flying with Tigerair to Melbourne is the horrible T4 Terminal that they use, although it is in the process of being redeveloped. And for the price of their airfares you can't really complain. Another positive experience flying with Tigerair, and will fly with them again if the price is right.

Tigerair Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Daniel Paterson    (Australia)

SYD-MEL-SYD. This is about the tenth flight I have had with Tiger and they continue to impress. Sure you get no entertainment, no free food and no leg room, but with flights as cheap as this I can put up with it. They are yet to cancel a flight on me, which is more than I can say for some 4 star airlines I have flown. Would recommend them for short flights. I am flying Sydney-Perth next week will let you know how that goes.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Kenneth Jiang    (China)

Phuket to Hong Kong with an overnight transfer in Singapore. In-flight experince was ok. Ground service was unacceptable. Cabin crew were well trained and spoke excellent English. You pay for everything from selecting seat to prioritized boarding to drinking water on board. Seat pitch is fine, I paid 20 USD for a front row. Flight was delayed 30 mins for both legs. We paid 20USD for TigerConnect, which allows us to claim the boarding pass for connecting flight with no need to pass immigration. We were surprised we couldn't be checked in until 3am the next morning! No chance, no place to negotiate. Even the immigration officer said it should work and agreed to let us in if we have a b/p from Tiger check-in. When we arrived in HKG, our checked luggage was left in Singapore. They promised to deliver our luggage by midnight to my hotel. Not surprisingly, we ended up collecting our luggage back at HK airport the next afternoon. However, cabin service was quite good.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Jarrod Almond    (Australia)

Booked morning flight from Adelaide to Melbourne waiting to check in and were informed flight had been cancelled, no other flight available until later that evening. Later told mechanical fault as the cause for cancellation. Ended up having to pay more for a flight with Jetstar. Poor service and reliability.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 February 2014 by D Birkett    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Alice Springs. Check in was quick, went straight through security at Tigers own terminal. Boarding was on time and and the flight left on time. The staff were polite, friendly and efficient. At Melbourne you avoid the crowding since Tiger have their own terminal. Myself and my family have now flown Tiger several times and the experience has been consistent.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 February 2014 by W Harrington    (Australia)

7th Feb. We were booked on the 6.45pm Sydney to Brisbane to visit our grandchildren. We arrived at the check in at 6.00 pm with 11 other passengers and whilst queuing to check in the Tiger employees smiled sweetly and put up the flight closed signs and walked away. Couldn't care less about the people waiting to check in. We all went down to the Departure gate to be met by the most arrogant supervisor who would not let us board the flight, nor would he give any reason. He told us to ring customer service, pay $85 and we could fly the next afternoon. We phoned customer service who were equally unhelpful and the fares had suddenly escalated to $112.00. Fortunately for us our son booked us on a Qantas flight the next day. We will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Caine    (Australia)

My wife and were supposed to fly Tiger from Sydney to Perth on 3rd Feb 2014 at 21.55, we arrived 3 hours early for the flight as we connected from NZ, checked in and then advised plane would be leaving at 22.25. We boarded ok and taxied out on to the runway. We were out there for what seemed to be an eternity. Then Plane came back to the terminal. Informed by pilot that Sydney has a curfew and no plane in or out between 11pm and 6am. Very poor for a major Domestic/international airport. Pilot also said there was only one runway allocated to Tiger and the wind was blowing in the wrong direction to take off. We then were told on disembarking that Tiger would offer a new flight at 6am the next morning. No offer of accommodation, no meal or drink vouchers, no water, nothing. Staff were extremely unhelpful and unsympathetic. We were told to come back at 4 am the next morning to check in, no staff were there until 4.15am. We finally got to the end of the queue and expected to have seats 9D and 9E that we paid for and were told they were given to someone else, the check in girl told me "have you read your terms and conditions, no seat is guaranteed" and eventually got seats down the back. Plane was supposed to leave at 6am, another delay, and eventually left at 8am. Sydney airport and tiger definitely need to lift their game. I will never fly Tiger again, worst customer service by an airline I have received.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by B Vincent    (Australia)

Flying from Clark to Singapore the only choices are budget carriers - I chose Tiger over Cebu Pacific because their timing allowed me 7 hours instead of 3 to make my connecting flight in Singapore. When I arrived at the airport at 6.30am, along with 140 others I received the news that the scheduled 08.00 service would be departing 12.10 at the earliest. None of us had been contacted - ground staff were apologetic, but said they had only just learned themselves. I felt foolish for choosing Tiger as I watched the 12.10 Cebu Pacific flight depart on time, by then knowing that our plane was still on its way back from Hong Kong. Updated information was hard to come by, luckily I found out just in time to change my onward flight that our departure would be more like 2pm. The flight itself was OK, but it was quite bemusing that they delivered the standard "thank you for flying with us, hope to see you again soon" script on landing without a hint of irony. Lesson learned - I'll not use Tiger again if I have to connect to another airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Dickinson Vince    (Indonesia)

Took flight from Denpasar to Singapore. No problems, great plane, friendly staff. When I read comments about flight cancellations, I realize that those who complained probably never read the terms and conditions and just ticked it without knowing these eventual consequences.

Tigerair Customer review :  29 January 2014 by C Ip    (Singapore)

Flew from SIN to HKG on the very early morning flight on Friday 24th Jan and returned HKG to SIN on the mid morning flight on Sunday 26th Jan. Both flights departed on time and landed HKG on time and landed SIN 15 mins early. Boarding was prompt. Good effort Tigerair.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Yusuf Dawre    (Australia)

15/01/14 - TT244, 18/01/14 - TT247. We flew with from Sydney to Gold Coast and back, had a really great trip. Cabin and service was much better than expected. Recommended to all especially if you have a tight holiday budget!

Tigerair Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Hamilton Robert    (Australia)

We flew with Tiger Sydney to Alice Springs return three times in 2013 and found them to be fine. I was making a documentary and needed to get 4 crew members and 13 equipment road cases there and back and the very cheap fare (about 1/4 the cost of another carrier) enabled us to do just that. Aircraft cabin was fine, clean and presentable, and departure-arrival times went to schedule. We had no problems with cabin crew as all were approachable and communicative. I did see people at Sydney turn up late and also try to wing it with baggage allowances and they had to pay the price for this which is fair enough. I suspect that not everyone has the same experience with them but I can only recount mine and so far they have been worth flying with, unlike some other Australian airlines who have lost the plot with cabin service.

Tigerair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Mitchell Chudleigh    (Australia)

A320-232's (VH-VNC) from Melbourne to Cairns on TT462. Aircraft was the first to take on the rebrand from Tiger Airways to Tigerair. It had brand new, very comfortable seats, and a very friendly and helpful cabin-crew. This is the 3rd time I've flown with Tigerair Australia and for a budget carrier, I have been unable to fault them so far!

Tigerair Customer review :  10 January 2014 by R Edwards    (UK)

Flew Perth to Melbourne and return 12th December on Airbus A320. Plane clean and seats comfortable. (Quieter than B777-200) arrived on time. Very impressed with Tiger pilots and staff. Typical budget, no frills airline but exceptional value for money. Only downside was the sparse terminal lounge and long walk to bus port but this is politics talking where a budget airline is concerned. Would fly Tiger again when next in Perth.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by G Phil    (Australia)

We decided to give Tiger a try for the first time, we were on a pretty tight budget. The booking process was smooth enough however the airport check in would prove a nightmare. We were flying Brisbane to Sydney. Tiger does state on the booking that check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure. We made it to the airport terminal with about 55 minutes to spare. With a toddler and 3 suitcases in tow, we began looking for the Tiger check in area. Signs and directions were almost non existent but we eventually found 3 self check in computers against a wall near the Jetstar area. By the time this happened we had 41 minutes to departure and the computer advised us to go to the counter. Once again, the Tiger counters are difficult to find where we discovered there were no Tiger staff. The 2 Tiger check in staff members also double as the boarding staff at the gate. We had to get information from other airline staff and were told they won't be back until the next check in which was 3 hours away. By pure luck, one of the staff members returned to pick something up and advised us that it would cost $85pp for the flight change. Needless to say we spent a little extra and booked Virgin. I do take full responsibility for not allowing enough time at the airport but Tiger should at least have a customer service rep available in the terminal at all times. There was simply no information available.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 January 2014 by K Hulme    (Australia)

I had a flight from the Gold Coast to Sydney. Instead of warning people of a cancellation the airline delayed the flight for 3 hours until 10 pm. The flight was cancelled 3 hours after departure time. They then told people to collect their baggage and receive further information. They then informed us that there would be a flight the following day and there would be no compensation for the flight or hotels. The only thing they did was give us a scrap of paper with a list of hotels all of which had no availability. There were children and families with no place to sleep. The next day absolutely no sympathy or apologies were shown and they even tried to charge us extra for baggage between 2 people that was 21 kg. After this we arrived at the gate to see no airplane in sight with no information on when the flight would arrive. Our second flight to Sydney ended up being delayed 2.5 hours. For the amount we saved it is an extremely risky airline to fly with.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 January 2014 by T Coyle    (Australia)

Melbourne to Sydney on 30 December 2013. Arrived at Tiger at 10am, waste time of 5 hours as they cancelled our flight TT508, 12.30pm from Melbourne to Sydney, delayed later flight at 2.50pm and wasted our taxi booking at Sydney airport for 2.05pm. We arrived Sydney at 4pm. We had been told the plane was held back in Brisbane due to thunderstorms the night before so the plane couldn't reach to Melbourne