Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Hindri Susanto    (Singapore)

I flew from Singapore to Denpasar with a friend under the same booking. We didn't pay to select our seats when ordering online. The check-in staff assigned us separate seats blaming full flights and we were the last few to check in (although we arrived at the counter almost 2 hours before the flight). We boarded the plane and found both our individual seats had been occupied by 2 people from 2 different groups which, like us, had their seats assigned separately as well. What's worse is there are 2 empty unassigned seats adjacent to each other a few rows in front of us - thankfully we ended up in those seats. The feeling I get is this is a set-up to traumatise passengers and pay to select seats in future flights. I know it is innocent until proven guilty but consider yourself warned.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 April 2014 by E Brown    (Australia)

I was a couple of kilos over, but within size limit, of carry on luggage and charged $75 dollars to check it in. I was told I could wear enough articles in my bag to reduce the weight, though this does not reduce the weight of me and my bag in the cabin. Then my bag doesn't catch the same plane as me. Ground crew told me "for some reason your bag didn't make the flight". I also wouldn't be getting it until the next day. I had enough meds for the flight but had left the bulk of my meds in the bag. The service and the lack of humanity within the staff as a result of training to standby ridiculous nonsensical rules.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by F Van Winkle    (USA)

Not worth saving a few dollars. Bought tickets from Sydney to Brisbane connecting from an international flight with more time that suggested by the airlines with connections. When we arrived at the Tiger check-in, the line was long, and desk understaffed, and by the time we reached a rep it was 42 minutes until departure, thus we were told our tickets were worthless. Rules are rules, but the rep had no interest in helping us and even informed us that we could buy another full fare Tiger ticket to fly a nearby city. We gave up, walked 50 feet to Virgin Australia and were treated as if we were long time customers - even rushed onto a flight that departed before the original Tiger flight. I understand that airlines have rules for reasons, but part of flying is the service and at Tiger, there is none whatsoever. I recommend not flying with this airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Sarah Wilson    (Australia)

I flew on April 4 Brisbane - Melbourne and again April 6 MEL-BNE. Initially I was hesitant on flying with them due to their previously bad rep however after the weekend I am very likely to book with them again due to their cheap fares. Arriving 45 mins before is mandatory as the check-in closes immediately 45 mins prior to take off. I arrived 1.5 hours early to be sure and that was plenty of time. The plane took off on time, and landed on time- all I required. Staff are friendly. Seats are smaller than other airlines which may be a problem for some people. Flying in and out of Melbourne means T4 which is a smaller terminal, just south of Tullamarine's T1 T2 and T3. This wasn't a problem as well signed and I was aware, however may be problematic if you have not planned ahead. I would suggest flying Tiger. Just be on time.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Derek Shaw    (New Zealand)

Flight DG7933, 3 April, that is now, Hong Kong to Clark PHP. They continually cancel flights, disregard your paid for premium seating, supply you with the wrong terminal information, advertise down town check in at Hong Kong but close it 5 hours before the flight. Have not boarded thr plane yet but everything else has been a mess.

Tigerair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Lily Barlow    (Australia)

I couldn't be more unhappy with the customer service at Tigerair. Every time I have flown with them has been quite simply, awful. My most recent experience was flying out of Sydney to Brisbane. All trains to the domestic and international airports were delayed due to a medical emergency, so I scrambled to get a taxi to the airport, arriving 40 minutes before my flight's departure. Weather was terrible in Sydney, most flights were delayed. I was told, very curtly, that I had missed my flight and there was nothing to be done. After an hour of trying to speak to a supervisor to make a complaint, I was told nothing could be done - no refund, no credit, nothing. Ridiculous, uncompromising, and terrible customer service.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Peter Borschberg    (Singapore)

The website is not exactly user friendly. The fares are really not all that cheap, and had there been a reasonable legacy carrier flying to my destination, I would have taken that. Ground staff was borderline rude and slow. The planes may be clean, but the seats are cramped (esp. if you are tall) and there is hardly any leg room unless you pay (even more) and upgrade to an exit aisle seat. Cabin staff on the outbound leg were alright, but on the return leg were not friendly or attentive. I've flown several budget airlines in Europe, Australia and Asia, and Tigerair is without a shade of doubt at the bottom of my list.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 March 2014 by John Contreras    (Philippines)

Manila - Singapore - Manila (March 7, 2014). Check-in was flawless, ground crew very friendly, pushback on time. Landed at Changi ahead of the scheduled arrival. Flight crew friendly, seats very comfortable. Flight crew uniform is horrible. Return flight to Manila excellent. I just wish the check-in agents at Changi were friendly.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 March 2014 by M Atkin    (Australia)

I convinced my family to fly tiger (Melbourne - Sydney return) as the flights were cheaper. I now know why. A text from Tiger to say that our flight had been delayed 4 hours. This dragged out to 5 hours. This is a short hop to Melbourne. I've learnt now, I will pay my $50 extra next time for decent airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Herman Mitzi    (Germany)

Satisfactory flight from Singapore to Hong Kong. Good value for money and friendly staff.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by N Sutherland    (UK)

Bangkok - Manila Clark - Bangkok. The flight was fine and on time (better than when SE Air operated the route). The problem now is that there is no bus connection from Clark to Manila late at night, the only option to get to Manila being a ridiculously expensive Taxi (50% of the air ticket cost) or a Jeepney ride into town, and a bus to Manila. Getting back to Clark for a 0800 Departure was just too much hassle so I threw my ticket in the bin and flew Cebu Pacific out of MNL.

Tigerair Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Sasha Grigoriev    (Australia)

ADL-MEL return. Check-in online, printed boarding passes, so only had to get to the gate by boarding time. (30 minutes before departure). Aircraft fairly new A320s, in not so bad shape, clean and tidy, contents of the seatback pocket in a pretty worn state. Crew friendly and efficient, decent food and drink selection for an as to be expected price. Thorough communication from the flight deck. Both flights departed and arrived on time. The only drawback about flying with Tigerair to Melbourne is the horrible T4 Terminal that they use, although it is in the process of being redeveloped. And for the price of their airfares you can't really complain. Another positive experience flying with Tigerair, and will fly with them again if the price is right.

Tigerair Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Daniel Paterson    (Australia)

SYD-MEL-SYD. This is about the tenth flight I have had with Tiger and they continue to impress. Sure you get no entertainment, no free food and no leg room, but with flights as cheap as this I can put up with it. They are yet to cancel a flight on me, which is more than I can say for some 4 star airlines I have flown. Would recommend them for short flights. I am flying Sydney-Perth next week will let you know how that goes.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Kenneth Jiang    (China)

Phuket to Hong Kong with an overnight transfer in Singapore. In-flight experince was ok. Ground service was unacceptable. Cabin crew were well trained and spoke excellent English. You pay for everything from selecting seat to prioritized boarding to drinking water on board. Seat pitch is fine, I paid 20 USD for a front row. Flight was delayed 30 mins for both legs. We paid 20USD for TigerConnect, which allows us to claim the boarding pass for connecting flight with no need to pass immigration. We were surprised we couldn't be checked in until 3am the next morning! No chance, no place to negotiate. Even the immigration officer said it should work and agreed to let us in if we have a b/p from Tiger check-in. When we arrived in HKG, our checked luggage was left in Singapore. They promised to deliver our luggage by midnight to my hotel. Not surprisingly, we ended up collecting our luggage back at HK airport the next afternoon. However, cabin service was quite good.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Jarrod Almond    (Australia)

Booked morning flight from Adelaide to Melbourne waiting to check in and were informed flight had been cancelled, no other flight available until later that evening. Later told mechanical fault as the cause for cancellation. Ended up having to pay more for a flight with Jetstar. Poor service and reliability.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 February 2014 by D Birkett    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Alice Springs. Check in was quick, went straight through security at Tigers own terminal. Boarding was on time and and the flight left on time. The staff were polite, friendly and efficient. At Melbourne you avoid the crowding since Tiger have their own terminal. Myself and my family have now flown Tiger several times and the experience has been consistent.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 February 2014 by W Harrington    (Australia)

7th Feb. We were booked on the 6.45pm Sydney to Brisbane to visit our grandchildren. We arrived at the check in at 6.00 pm with 11 other passengers and whilst queuing to check in the Tiger employees smiled sweetly and put up the flight closed signs and walked away. Couldn't care less about the people waiting to check in. We all went down to the Departure gate to be met by the most arrogant supervisor who would not let us board the flight, nor would he give any reason. He told us to ring customer service, pay $85 and we could fly the next afternoon. We phoned customer service who were equally unhelpful and the fares had suddenly escalated to $112.00. Fortunately for us our son booked us on a Qantas flight the next day. We will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Caine    (Australia)

My wife and were supposed to fly Tiger from Sydney to Perth on 3rd Feb 2014 at 21.55, we arrived 3 hours early for the flight as we connected from NZ, checked in and then advised plane would be leaving at 22.25. We boarded ok and taxied out on to the runway. We were out there for what seemed to be an eternity. Then Plane came back to the terminal. Informed by pilot that Sydney has a curfew and no plane in or out between 11pm and 6am. Very poor for a major Domestic/international airport. Pilot also said there was only one runway allocated to Tiger and the wind was blowing in the wrong direction to take off. We then were told on disembarking that Tiger would offer a new flight at 6am the next morning. No offer of accommodation, no meal or drink vouchers, no water, nothing. Staff were extremely unhelpful and unsympathetic. We were told to come back at 4 am the next morning to check in, no staff were there until 4.15am. We finally got to the end of the queue and expected to have seats 9D and 9E that we paid for and were told they were given to someone else, the check in girl told me "have you read your terms and conditions, no seat is guaranteed" and eventually got seats down the back. Plane was supposed to leave at 6am, another delay, and eventually left at 8am. Sydney airport and tiger definitely need to lift their game. I will never fly Tiger again, worst customer service by an airline I have received.

Tigerair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by B Vincent    (Australia)

Flying from Clark to Singapore the only choices are budget carriers - I chose Tiger over Cebu Pacific because their timing allowed me 7 hours instead of 3 to make my connecting flight in Singapore. When I arrived at the airport at 6.30am, along with 140 others I received the news that the scheduled 08.00 service would be departing 12.10 at the earliest. None of us had been contacted - ground staff were apologetic, but said they had only just learned themselves. I felt foolish for choosing Tiger as I watched the 12.10 Cebu Pacific flight depart on time, by then knowing that our plane was still on its way back from Hong Kong. Updated information was hard to come by, luckily I found out just in time to change my onward flight that our departure would be more like 2pm. The flight itself was OK, but it was quite bemusing that they delivered the standard "thank you for flying with us, hope to see you again soon" script on landing without a hint of irony. Lesson learned - I'll not use Tiger again if I have to connect to another airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Dickinson Vince    (Indonesia)

Took flight from Denpasar to Singapore. No problems, great plane, friendly staff. When I read comments about flight cancellations, I realize that those who complained probably never read the terms and conditions and just ticked it without knowing these eventual consequences.

Tigerair Customer review :  29 January 2014 by C Ip    (Singapore)

Flew from SIN to HKG on the very early morning flight on Friday 24th Jan and returned HKG to SIN on the mid morning flight on Sunday 26th Jan. Both flights departed on time and landed HKG on time and landed SIN 15 mins early. Boarding was prompt. Good effort Tigerair.

Tigerair Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Yusuf Dawre    (Australia)

15/01/14 - TT244, 18/01/14 - TT247. We flew with from Sydney to Gold Coast and back, had a really great trip. Cabin and service was much better than expected. Recommended to all especially if you have a tight holiday budget!

Tigerair Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Hamilton Robert    (Australia)

We flew with Tiger Sydney to Alice Springs return three times in 2013 and found them to be fine. I was making a documentary and needed to get 4 crew members and 13 equipment road cases there and back and the very cheap fare (about 1/4 the cost of another carrier) enabled us to do just that. Aircraft cabin was fine, clean and presentable, and departure-arrival times went to schedule. We had no problems with cabin crew as all were approachable and communicative. I did see people at Sydney turn up late and also try to wing it with baggage allowances and they had to pay the price for this which is fair enough. I suspect that not everyone has the same experience with them but I can only recount mine and so far they have been worth flying with, unlike some other Australian airlines who have lost the plot with cabin service.

Tigerair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Mitchell Chudleigh    (Australia)

A320-232's (VH-VNC) from Melbourne to Cairns on TT462. Aircraft was the first to take on the rebrand from Tiger Airways to Tigerair. It had brand new, very comfortable seats, and a very friendly and helpful cabin-crew. This is the 3rd time I've flown with Tigerair Australia and for a budget carrier, I have been unable to fault them so far!

Tigerair Customer review :  10 January 2014 by R Edwards    (UK)

Flew Perth to Melbourne and return 12th December on Airbus A320. Plane clean and seats comfortable. (Quieter than B777-200) arrived on time. Very impressed with Tiger pilots and staff. Typical budget, no frills airline but exceptional value for money. Only downside was the sparse terminal lounge and long walk to bus port but this is politics talking where a budget airline is concerned. Would fly Tiger again when next in Perth.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by G Phil    (Australia)

We decided to give Tiger a try for the first time, we were on a pretty tight budget. The booking process was smooth enough however the airport check in would prove a nightmare. We were flying Brisbane to Sydney. Tiger does state on the booking that check in closes 45 minutes prior to departure. We made it to the airport terminal with about 55 minutes to spare. With a toddler and 3 suitcases in tow, we began looking for the Tiger check in area. Signs and directions were almost non existent but we eventually found 3 self check in computers against a wall near the Jetstar area. By the time this happened we had 41 minutes to departure and the computer advised us to go to the counter. Once again, the Tiger counters are difficult to find where we discovered there were no Tiger staff. The 2 Tiger check in staff members also double as the boarding staff at the gate. We had to get information from other airline staff and were told they won't be back until the next check in which was 3 hours away. By pure luck, one of the staff members returned to pick something up and advised us that it would cost $85pp for the flight change. Needless to say we spent a little extra and booked Virgin. I do take full responsibility for not allowing enough time at the airport but Tiger should at least have a customer service rep available in the terminal at all times. There was simply no information available.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 January 2014 by K Hulme    (Australia)

I had a flight from the Gold Coast to Sydney. Instead of warning people of a cancellation the airline delayed the flight for 3 hours until 10 pm. The flight was cancelled 3 hours after departure time. They then told people to collect their baggage and receive further information. They then informed us that there would be a flight the following day and there would be no compensation for the flight or hotels. The only thing they did was give us a scrap of paper with a list of hotels all of which had no availability. There were children and families with no place to sleep. The next day absolutely no sympathy or apologies were shown and they even tried to charge us extra for baggage between 2 people that was 21 kg. After this we arrived at the gate to see no airplane in sight with no information on when the flight would arrive. Our second flight to Sydney ended up being delayed 2.5 hours. For the amount we saved it is an extremely risky airline to fly with.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 January 2014 by T Coyle    (Australia)

Melbourne to Sydney on 30 December 2013. Arrived at Tiger at 10am, waste time of 5 hours as they cancelled our flight TT508, 12.30pm from Melbourne to Sydney, delayed later flight at 2.50pm and wasted our taxi booking at Sydney airport for 2.05pm. We arrived Sydney at 4pm. We had been told the plane was held back in Brisbane due to thunderstorms the night before so the plane couldn't reach to Melbourne