Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  22 January 2013 by Z Johan    (Australia)

ADL-MEL return. Arrived quite early at Adelaide airport. Check-in was quick, staff were professional. Seat was decent, good enough for this short sector. Cabin crew were great, very helpful with storing the luggage. Tiger arrival terminal in Melbourne however was bad and looked like a warehouse. On the return flight, the check-in line was long but moved pretty quickly. Check-in staff were friendly and put us in an emergency exit row. Our flight was late by 10 minutes. Once again, the cabin crew were helpful. Overall, I don't mind taking them again if they're cheaper than Virgin or Jetstar.

Tigerair Customer review :  17 January 2013 by Jerry Zindel    (New Zealand)

SGN-SIN as TR2323. Check-in and boarding was smooth, although Saigon airport isn't a particularly good one. My family and I were on an exit row seat so had plenty of legroom which was extremely good for me as I am nearly 6ft3. Service was limited although that is a Low cost carrier's model. Slightly overpriced items from the menu which were far more expensive than AirAsia. Although departed Saigon nearly 20 mins late, my flight somehow arrived two minutes early plus we arrived at terminal two which was a nice terminal, Changi as always extremely efficient. At $50 a pot it was outstanding value and would definitely recommend.

Tigerair Customer review :  16 January 2013 by James Griffiths    (Australia)

Arrived at Adelaide airport 1hr 5mins before our flight back to Melbourne yesterday, by the time we arrived at check in they had closed up shop and there were no Tiger staff around to explain why check in had closed early. We went to boarding gate but they were very unhelpful, Jetstar staff were very understanding and they managed to get us on a flight 4 hrs later. Not impressed with Tiger but serves me right for trying to get 'cheap' flights - never again.

Tigerair Customer review :  14 January 2013 by G Sams    (New Zealand)

Singapore-Cochin. Cabin crew service was great, ample legroom for price, did not encounter any problems through the flight. There was a usb port to charge your electronic device and there was also a universal plug point which could be used to charge laptops. Flight was very quick and comfortable and the staff were very professional. There were no delays whatsoever. I highly recommend this airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  11 January 2013 by C Wright    (Australia)

I had two return bookings over the Christmas period this year. Flight #1: Delayed. Flight #2: Turned up to the airport and the flight was not listed anywhere on screens, no check-in staff anywhere, flight appeared to be cancelled but there was no one to ask. Tried calling the call centre and waited for half an hour each time. I had to catch the flight to Melbourne so I could catch my flight to Hobart later that day, I had to book a flight with another airline so I could make it on time. Spent 3.5 hours on hold only to be told that the flight had been rescheduled, and that I probably wouldn't get a refund. Flight #3 - Rescheduled (fortunately they sent me an email about that one), then delayed. Flight #4 - Waited in line for half an hour to check in and get told that they've oversold the seats and we'll just have to wait until the next day. Don't put yourself through the hassle and pain!

Tigerair Customer review :  10 January 2013 by B Sharma    (Singapore)

KUL to SIN onboard. Check-in and immigration at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal was fast and efficient, even though many flights were departing and flight was almost fully booked. Aircraft was a brand-new A320, which arrived 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time, resulting in a short delay. Legroom was a little tight - I am just over 5 ft 8, so taller people might find it uncomfortable - but the seats were in excellent condition. Cabin crew were friendly, and completed the meal service, etc, quickly. Baggage was unloaded within 15 minutes or so from disembarkation. All in all, I was very impressed.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 January 2013 by C Luge    (Australia)

Brisbane-Sydney flight (TT818). Check-in was quick and efficient, I was there about an hour before closing time. Flight departed 3 minutes early and arrived on time. The in-flight service was pleasant and efficient. I was surprised that no airbridge was used at either end though, and the bus taking us to the terminal building in Sydney annoyingly had to wait for "traffic" for about 10 minutes.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 January 2013 by P Pablo    (Australia)

Flew MEL-ADE return. Only 4 check in desks open in Melbourne so was a bit of mad scramble by staff to get passengers processed. Flight left on time though. Return was a lot more smoother, only slight delay. Baggage claim in Melbourne a bit like a farmers shed with portaloos! You get what you pay for. Will fly again not long haul.

Tigerair Customer review :  7 January 2013 by Samantha White    (Australia)

SYD-MEL with no issues, carry on luggage only. On the way back our hand luggage was exactly the same but this time we had to weigh it. Put on the scales the luggage was under the limit but then we were forced to put everything we were carrying on the scales which included our jackets, camera, handbag and our bottled water. This brought our weight over the limit and we were forced to pay the $80 excess baggage charge. I've flown many times before and I have never had an airline tell me to put jackets, handbags and bottled water on the scales. I'm willing to pay the extra $50 to fly with an airline that doesn't try to extort money from its customers.

Tigerair Customer review :  30 December 2012 by Paul Hof    (Australia)

At check in they tell us the flight is delayed but cannot tell us how long? Its now our scheduled time for departure and the plane hasn't even arrived here at OOL. Only 2 announcements by Tiger in the last 1hr and all they say is the flight is delayed but cannot say what the issue is, or how long? I decide to do some investigative work and I log into Sydney airport to see what time the plane departed there at. Turns out the status at Sydney airport shows the proceeding flight as 'boarding' meaning its already an hour and a half late leaving Sydney! Why can't the Tiger staff give us this information so at least we can put our minds at ease? People just want to know what is going on. This is just poor customer service and totally unacceptable! This is my second poor experience with Tiger.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 December 2012 by R Chong    (Singapore)

A regular flier with this airlines, I had no quarrels given the low cost of the tickets. Staff were friendly and courteous much of the time. However one misgiving was on a recent first time flight from Singapore to HKG. A crew member seemed a tad lost on immigration requirement. Wasted time filing up arrival declaration cards (7 in all ) for transit in Hong Kong, which could have be done for our actual destination to Shenzhen. Older relatives travelling with me were less knowledgeable on this matter and needed help from me. Overall a nice experience.

Tigerair Customer review :  19 November 2012 by M Tale    (Australia)

Tiger airways seem very disorganised and unprofessional! On my trips to/from Melbourne and Sydney, I found the staff were not aware of what was going on with flights, leaving passengers clueless as to whether their flight was changed, cancelled or the gate number was changed! All 3 things have happened to me and as a result my flights were delayed by more than 4 hours or I was forced to spend hundreds of dollars buying tickets with other airlines. I will never book flights with them again. The 'cheap' flights are not worth the wait and/or your trip may end up costing you 3 times as much!

Tigerair Customer review :  16 November 2012 by G Moat    (UK)

Whilst on holiday in Sydney from London, I booked Tiger flights. Flew Sydney to Gold Coast Oct 17th and flight was pleasant and we landed 20 mins early. Didn't pre-book a seat, and was allocated an exit row seat for free. Check in at Sydney terminal was a breeze. Flight back Saturday 20th, was also very pleasant. Would use them again, of which I did on 3 occasion on that holiday. Great value for money and does what the box says, A to B. If you want frills then stick to other full service carriers.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Jennifer Frenis    (Australia)

Chose to fly this airline due to competitive prices. Their service was appalling. Initially our flight was delayed due to 'operational issues', further updates provided every 15 minutes advising that no further info could be provided. 2 hours later they cancelled the flight to then be told that we were booked on a flight in the morning at 8.30am. It was absolute chaos, staff were rude, communication was appalling. No accommodation or food, drinks were provided. Fortunately we had friends to stay with, however I know many passengers had to get accommodation until the morning flight. In the morning the flight was again delayed by an hour - got called to the wrong gate 3 times, staff did not know whether they were coming or going.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 October 2012 by Lynne Matthews    (New Zealand)

My family was booked on a flight SYD to MEL midday on 12 Oct. Arrived at airport and told flight was cancelled but to wait in queue (60min!) as they were booking us on later flights. Got to front of queue to be told no flights available until the next day! Asked to see a manager but check in staff (who had no extra details) were left to deal with extremely irate passengers. Having wasted an hour in the queue meant we were only able to get expensive seats left on Jetstar, or find accommodation in Sydney and lose nights accommodation in Melbourne already paid for. I understand that flights can be cancelled for various reasons but the way we were dealt with at the airport was absolutely unacceptable!

Tigerair Customer review :  25 October 2012 by B Timmer    (Australia)

Flew PER-SIN-PER last year around x-mas and new year. Made sure to add check in baggage allowance as well as priority boarding. Waste of money in PER as airport staff do not seem to care at all but excellent option when departing SIN. Flights left and arrived on time, crew was efficient and friendly. Seats nothing special, a bit small for my taste. You can purchase meals on board which were quite good and not expensive. Overall excellent value for money.

Tigerair customer review :  20 September 2012 by June Green    (Australia)

People with any sort of a schedule should avoid this airline, as they're always cancelling flights and arriving late. They don't clean their cabins, either. We were informed 6 hours before departure that our flight from Brisbane to Melbourne had been cancelled. It took us 2 hours on the phone with the call centre to book a flight later on the same evening. They then booked us on two different flights - one for the evening in question, the other a few days later. It took another hour to convince them to fix this. The plane was about 2 hours, which meant that we arrived in Melbourne after 7pm and consequently wasted an entire day. The in- flight crew were pleasant enough. The return flight was also cancelled, and re-booked for earlier on in the day - meaning we lost the 2nd of our 4 day holiday in Melbourne. My seat was full of rubbish and sopping wet with alcohol - and they couldn't give me a fresh cushion, instead wrapping the soiled one in a garbage bag. It was slippery and uncomfortable. Even the stewardess who helped me looked embarrassed.

Tigerair customer review :  18 September 2012 by K Wadling    (Australia)

This airline is only for if you are determined to put up with delays, virtually no leg room, counter and gate staff that do nothing at all to assist with any problem but just stick to company policy excuses, and you have a short flight to put up with it all. Its a cheap recreational airline and that's it. Look out if you are on holidays on the Gold Coast and do a bit of shopping. I didn't realise I had to buy extra baggage 4 hours beforehand online, like any other airline thought I could fix this up at the counter. If I had realised you had to buy it online, it would have cost me $17.95 for up to 20 kilos. Since I didn't realise that and wanted to pay at the airport, the counter staff charged me $90 (more than the cost of my ticket for the flight!) to check in 14 kilos (carry on you can only have 10 kilos). The counter staff couldn't seem to understand why this incredibly unreasonable charge made me upset to have to pay it. Then when we got to Sydney, there was no indication of what carousel the luggage was on, the flight wasn't listed on the carousel boards, and I had to ask the airport concierge where Tiger luggage usually comes out - Carousel 6 if you get into this situation. The flight arrived on time but we sat on the tarmac for ages waiting for a previous Tiger flight to clear the gate. Not good when you are travelling for business.

Tigerair customer review :  12 September 2012 by Robert Ottinga    (Netherlands)

First time to the Philippines. BKK-CRK-BKK 20 - 25 June with Tiger/Seair and was satisfied. Both ways were on time, smooth boarding. Cabin staff seemed friendly. Seats were ok for a budget airline. Seat selection and board me first (seat 26A) was a bargain. I would definitely use Seair BKK-CRK-BKK again.

Tigerair customer review :  4 September 2012 by D Paterson    (Australia)

SYD-OOL-SYD. Purchased flights for myself and two friends on line $30 each way, return for $60, however there is a $15 booking fee so cost $75. Flight out of Sydney was delayed by half an hour, return flight from Coolangatta also late to leave, but landed on time. Seats had little to no leg room, but ok for short flights, staff were pleasant and flight was uneventful. First time with Tiger, would fly with them again if the price is right.

Tigerair customer review :  31 August 2012 by Troy Smith    (Canada)

Paid for "Board me First" and got sent to the wrong queue. Glass barriers prevent changing so boarded in the last group and had no bin space. No apologies from Tiger staff. No IFE and apathetic staff make for a long annoying trip. The value for money is poor. I normally fly Garuda on the same route but they were full. They are 30% cheaper, seats are very comfortable and they have good entertainment.