Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  13 May 2013 by M Fitzgerald    (Australia)

We flew into Singapore on our way to Krabi in Thailand and the connecting flight was with Tiger the following day. I have to say I was a bit apprehensive but there was nothing to be concerned about in Singapore. We arrived early the next day and were allowed to check in at the Tiger Early Check In counter - absolutely no issues here nor any additional costs. The bonus was when the check in lady gave us invitations to visit the SAT business class lounge on the top floor. We didn't ask and she didn't say anything about it. My wife saw the invitation when checking her documents. This was an unexpected surprise and was very much appreciated. The boarding was seamless and although the flight only had one class and held many passengers it was cheap and clean. Aircrew were very professional and did a great job on a 90 minute flight. I am intrigued by all the negative comments about Tiger and it is clear many low cost passengers expect silver service from budget airlines. They should understand that they would never have travel opportunities without these LC Airlines and learn to appreciate them more.

Tigerair Customer review :  6 May 2013 by G Carter    (UK)

Tiger left me stranded in Philippines. Booked Bangkok to Clark Manila, on return to Clark told there was something wrong with my booking and that there was no record of me on there computer and that it was a website malfunction. Refused to let me fly and made me pay for another flight the next day at 3 times the price I had paid although it was there fault. Not interested in my protests just left me stuck in the airport. Since then tried to get money back from Tiger but all emails and phone calls ignored. Avoid this airline, customer service is non existent.

Tigerair Customer review :  26 April 2013 by Jennifer Materne    (Canada)

A 1 hour morning flight to Singapore was almost 8 hours late! Things happen and everyone wants safety to be the first concern, but tell your customers what is happening and what your course of action is to satisfy customers. Many passengers missed connections for which they had to pay out of pocket for new tickets. Tiger waited 4.5 hours before ordering a second plane to fly in and take us to Singapore. Then we had to wait for the plane to arrive and refuel etc. There were no company representatives rearranging flights for people, no representatives offering a free lunch voucher at the airport, or even offering water to people. There seem to be no protocols they follow with these situations. Free drinks were not offered once on the plane. Most passengers paid for a least 2 meals at the airport with no compensation from the airline. People are sympathetic if you acknowledge the situation. The seats are tiny as well. My legs were solidly planted in the back of the seat in front of me.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 April 2013 by D Shaw    (Singapore)

I recently flew SIN-KCH return with Tiger. I was very impressed with the efficiency, and quality of this budget airline. Flight was on time, the plane was immaculately clean, and the seat pitch was manageable for a short-haul flight. Friendly, and professional cabin crew was a pleasant surprise. I will be happy to fly with Tiger again in the future.

Tigerair Customer review :  15 April 2013 by D Vun    (Australia)

I fly PER-MEL-PER on a regular basis. I do not buy luggage, pick seats, and buy any food on-board. Therefore, Tiger has the cheapest flight compared to any other Australian Airlines. I have not encountered any problems yet, hopefully not in the future. Seat comfort on the other hand, really depends on the pax around you. If the pax kept kicking your seat from behind, you will feel uncomfortable. If the pax in front of you reclined their seat, you will feel uncomfortable too. Since I know it is a budget airline, I do not expect much from it. What I do know is that I have never encountered any problems and flights were always on time (maybe I was just too lucky).

Tigerair Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Jesse Oey    (Australia)

TT595, SYD-MEL, 3 April 2013. Flight departed on time and arrived in MEL early. I boarded the plane towards the end and almost couldn't find any space to store my cabin luggage since all the overhead compartments were full by then. FAs were helpful but I found them quite snappy at times, especially when instructing passengers to prepare for landing. Overall good value for money and impressively punctual.

Tigerair Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Judy Lloyd    (Australia)

I travelled from Perth to Melbourne on TT183 on Tuesday March 19. My companion is less than 100% fit and for the first time was offered assistance. When we had collected luggage in Melbourne (after being taken to carousel in a buggy) I enquired as to where to wait for private pick up. A staff member from that flight pointed out the waiting area and carried my companions luggage across the road. All these extra courtesies were greatly appreciated.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 March 2013 by Michael Gruschel    (Australia)

Melbourne to Hobart. Fast check in, flight left on time the only bad thing the departure lounge in Melbourne. For the price I paid who cares.

Tigerair Customer review :  26 February 2013 by Mark Muller    (Australia)

I flew on Tiger from Gold Coast to Sydney and they were quite acceptable. The seats had more leg space than their competitors and they were well organised. For a low cost carrier they do exactly what they set out to do and the ground staff in Gold Coast were much better organised than their competitors.

Tigerair Customer review :  19 February 2013 by Jarrod McCloughan    (Australia)

Flew Sydney down to Melbourne for a day trip on 16th of February. Arrived early at 5.15am for a 6.50am departure. We were the only ones in the queue and there were 4 desks open. Given emergency exit row in Row 13. Left from the "new" Gate 41B which is down an escalator and on a bus. There was an early boarding call for those in the Emergency exit rows. Boarded the bus and then was told to sit at the back of the bus? Being an emergency exit row, the legroom was fantastic! Seat was comfortable, even in the middle seat. The crew did a good job and the Cabin manager had a good sense of humour! Flight was uneventful and most passengers slept. Coming home, we arrived about 10 mins after check in opened and joined the short queue. Given standard seats in row 8. Not much in the Tiger Terminal so thankfully the flight was on time! Boarding was smooth this time around. The crew did a good job and not too in your face. Even though the seat pitch looked tight, it wasn't too bad. Food and drinks not cheap, but not that badly priced either. Tiger does need a more comprehensive menu. Left on time and again arrived 15 mins early! If you follow their rules, you'll have no problems.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 February 2013 by J Anderson    (Australia)

SYD-MEL return. I was very happy with this service. Check in efficient, friendly staff, clean plane with both flights on time, for $55 tickets this is great value. It seems many complaints come from not following the rules? Just turn up to the airport on time with a printout of your reservation and with only your paid luggage allowance. Simple!

Tigerair Customer review :  4 February 2013 by A Norris    (Australia)

SYD-OOL and return OOL-SYD. Check in for Sydney was fast even though the line was quite large. Check in staff did a good job moving line. Aircraft departed gate early and arrived into OOL early. Had a beer on board and snack was $8 which I thought was decent. Hostesses were good and return leg had us back in Sydney 10mins early. All round for the price no complaints, just read the rules and you will have no problems!

Tigerair Customer review :  25 January 2013 by S Fretten    (Australia)

Booked a flight from Coffs Harbour to Sydney with another flight later from Sydney to Melbourne. Have just been told that they will need to reschedule my 1st flight, meaning I will miss the connecting flight. On phoning customer services to get help, they have just informed me that I can change my connecting flight but they will charge me an extra $419 for the privilege! Or if I wish to cancel I would be unable to get a full refund to go elsewhere. I think it is very unlikely I will ever use them again. It was initially a good deal, but I feel ripped off now!

Tigerair Customer review :  25 January 2013 by Lertsak Cholvibul    (Thailand)

Flight from Bangkok to Singapore on 4 Jan 2013 was supposed to depart at 09.00. Boarded A320 as normal, but it did not take off. Captain announced there was a technical problem of an unknown nature. Sat onboard until 10.00 when the captain told us to return to the departure gate where we were told to wait. Then told to move to another gate to wait. Waited until after 13.00 when they announced the flight was cancelled. During this time fellow passengers were trying to get on alternative flights. There were only a couple of staff to handle hundreds of passengers. We decided to get a refund and ask to retrieve our luggage from the grounded plane. Luggage finally delivered after 15.00. A whole day was wasted by this airline.

Tigerair Customer review :  23 January 2013 by J Miles    (Australia)

Flew Flight TT 565, SYD-MEL and TT 558, MEL-SYD. Both flights smooth. Ground staff great, directing lines making sure no one missed check-in. Cabin crew were very capable and did a great job. A flight attendant even made sure the SkyBus didn't leave with passengers still walking to the stop. Overall, for a 1 hour domestic flight, Tiger was very good and very friendly. They knew what was going on. I would fly again. Plus, prices are cheap.