Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by P Walton    (Canada)

Arrived in Singapore with 2 hours to get on my Tiger Air flight to Hong Kong. Got my boarding pass with my checked bag fine and carry on bag fine. Just about to go through the Departure and was followed by a Tiger Air employee who said that my partner and I needed to also weigh our 2 other personal items we were planning to take on board along with our carry on. The extra purse and wrapped paintings were 13 kg total and our extra cost would be $390.00 ($30 per kg). We decided to remove some items and we did that as soon as we found out. We just did that and were told that the flight was now closed, and that we would have made it if we had just paid the extra weight charge of $390. Had to purchase new air tickets for a flight the next day.

Tigerair Customer review :  12 July 2013 by N Sutherland    (UK)

BKK-CRK-BKK, Tiger Flight operated by SE Air. On check-in I was told the flight was on time. An hour later it had slipped 4 hours and a couple of hours later was further delayed. It eventually turned up 10 hours late for a 3.5 hour flight to Clark. No apology, explanation or acknowledgement of the delay was made by any crew member. A week later on return to BKK they cancelled their Monday flight a few days before travel and offered a refund or a Tuesday flight. Dreadful service.

Tigerair Customer review :  9 July 2013 by H Goldie    (Australia)

Flew MEL-SYD for weekend. Flight cancelled on Friday and delayed 5 hours. Due to fly home at 6.45 Sunday night, flight also cancelled and couldn't get home until next day. 2 flights cancelled on the one weekend - you get what you pay for I guess, but never again.

Tigerair Customer review :  8 July 2013 by R White    (Australia)

Delayed at MEL for half an hr, for the money we paid I couldn't ask for more, was value for money. Cabin crew were nice, only a short trip to Hobart. Captain appeared happy. I didn't like walking out to the plane in the wind and rain, but like I said you get what you pay for and was worth it. All these negative comments in relation to check in, it clearly states arrive 2hrs before departure so it can't be that hard.

Tigerair Customer review :  5 July 2013 by George Koulakis    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Sydney and once again Tiger Air failed. It started with 2 flight attendance who decided it would ok to argue with each other in front of us as one raised her voice to the other, while the second mumbled under her breath and stomped off. After getting strapped in, we were treated to a 70 minute wait with no explanation as to why we were not moving. Finally the cabin door opened and ground crew took some paperwork from the pilots and raced off back to the terminal, only to wait a further 15 minutes before we could head off. Luckily for me, I wasn't catching a connection flight that day, as I made sure to fly the following day, knowing full well what Tiger is like.

Tigerair Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

SIN-CGK. Typical LCC. Didn't really weigh my luggage. Plane seemed new and clean, staff friendly, prices on board ok.

Tigerair Customer review :  27 June 2013 by D Patva    (Australia)

Travelled SYD-MEL-SYD, flight on time, nothing to complain for the price paid. Sydney staff were more courteous and friendly and approachable then Melbourne staff. Aircraft is worn out but clean. Inflight crew were presentable.

Tigerair Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Nigel Ng    (Singapore)

Flew round trip from Singapore to Krabi, delayed on tarmac for an hour on SIN-Krabi leg without any notification from pilot, on return leg was delayed by 5 hours. On previous trips have faced similar delays consistently. Granted its a LCC, but would choose Jetstar over Tiger any day.

Tigerair Customer review :  14 June 2013 by L Weeks    (USA)

6/3/13. From Singapore to Manila. Family of 4 was seated middle seat scattered rows. We paid $400 for 4 after booking 1 year ago. There was an excess of 25 kg in our luggage which the check in attendant already knew and she still gave us our boarding pass. She left us waiting in front of the counter and came back only to assist and organize the long line behind us. We left and walked to security only to be stopped by a Tiger personnel. He confiscated all our boarding passes, weighed all our carry on baggage and demanded that we either re-pack and get rid of some things. It was too late for us to check in bag. We had to pay before boarding. Meanwhile, the plane was a very tight space. Very uncomfortable seats, my daughter and I got the worst, mine wouldn't recline as I was in front of ER exit and she was next to a yelping baby. If there is another option, stay away from Tiger Airlines!

Tigerair Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Bojan Tercon    (Singapore)

I have to say that for a LCC, I love Tiger. You pay very little for your ticket, thus you cannot expect a premium product. My BKK-SIN flight left on time, was predictable, a new plane and got me home content. Given what I paid, it matched my expectation. I got great service by check-in staff. Staff were accommodating and charged me less than they should have. The only thing they could do is introduce web-check-in for this flight. Not sure why some Tiger routes have it and some don't.

Tigerair Customer review :  7 June 2013 by S Jason    (Australia)

Recently booked a flight with Tiger as it was the cheapest option at the time. When there was an issue with the booking confirmation, dealing with the Tiger customer service team was the most painful thing I have had to endure. The airline itself may not be so bad, but dealing with a minor issue that may happen, is not worth the money you may save. I ended up having to re-book a complete different return trip with a different company, and just forfeit the money I had spent on the trip with Tiger initially.

Tigerair Customer review :  6 June 2013 by K W Mak    (Singapore)

Recent flight SIN-HKG-SIN was pleasant and met its objectives of being safe and reliable. My only comment is their seats are relatively cramped. But considering that this is a budget airline and the ticket price, the comfort criteria has to take a backseat.

Tigerair Customer review :  28 May 2013 by K Levin    (Australia)

First time to fly Tiger, usually use Virgin but took up their very cheap fare from Sydney to Cairns return last week. Had to use the early 6.45am from Sydney. Pleasantly surprised how good Tiger was! Easy check in and exact on time departures. Seating ok on plane and aircrew friendly. If you follow their rules, ie. 45 minutes checking in prior to departure, etc it all goes well. In fact, could not fault anything and will consider using them again - we do travel a lot.

Tigerair Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Varadaraja Prashanth    (India)

Traveled from Singapore to Bangalore on 19th April. Flight delayed 45 mins. I am 5ft 5 inches tall and found the leg space to be very cramped. I bet it will be a nightmare for anyone taller than me! Considering the amount of money I am saving, I will give a thumbs-up for this airline!

Tigerair Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Stephen Jones    (Australia)

MEL-SYD return. Flew with a Tiger first timer who expected the worst. Thankfully, everything was excellent - relatively quick check in at MEL, emergency exit row seats offered (and gratefully accepted), on time departure and early arrival. Friendly staff. Flight home exactly the same story. Much of the negative comments on here seem to be a case of people not reading any of the terms or info on website - expecting checked luggage etc when paying a small % of Virgin or Qantas fares.

Tigerair Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Lorenzo Cheung    (Australia)

Round trip from Melbourne to Sydney. Flights were on time and fast. But the airport (Melbourne T4) is terrible. But it is understandable, as it's a cheap airline. The service was good, just an 80 minute flight so I don't need any food or beverages. The price was a little bit higher than usual, because it was during the Easter holiday. But still worth it.