Tigerair  Passenger Reviews and Tigerair Customer Trip Reports

Tigerair customer review :  14 June 2011 by D Robertson (Australia)

Flight cancelled with no notice, no email, no text - next available flight in two days maybe - queue here for a refund that will take 3 to 6 weeks! - never again no matter how cheap it seems. Be warned!

Tigerair customer review :  14 June 2011 by Michelle Morriss (Australia)

I booked 3 different flights and without explanation they changed all flight times from early morning to night. After contacting customer service and trying very hard to understand their poor english I gave up. I continued with the rescheduled flights and missed the very thing I was supposed to be there for. I will never fly with Tiger again and I will not recommend to ever fly Tiger.

Tigerair customer review :  14 June 2011 by Carsten Florida (Singapore)

Singapore to Phuket a couple of times. I saw the comment : Everyone says you only fly Tiger once! I understand why. Surprisingly this flight was not late as every other flight I took with them. When booking online they keep adding charges for everything, even paying with credit card, so the saving is not worth the hassle of delayed flights and poor service.

Tigerair customer review :  5 June 2011 by L Fava (Australia)

Sydney-Melbourne-Sydney Flight. On the return leg, all the airport screens were displaying that our flight had been cancelled. We enquired with staff who said they would not help us until we line up and attempt to check in. After about one hour of waiting to see if we'll actually fly we were allowed to check in. Departure was delayed by approximately 2.5 hours, we were not offered anything, not even water while we waited. Onboard the aircraft it was filthy, some life jackets had come out of the capsules under the seats and were just left there by staff. We were not greeted onto the aircraft.

Tigerair customer review :  2 June 2011 by Claire Moore (Australia)

Our Tigerair flight from Singapore to Perth, last night, (booked prior online) was just as good as any other budget airline I have flown. True - you don't have any video screens to watch movies, and short informative docos on places you will be landing at, nor even the flight path and flight info as your travel to your destination, but service friendly and attentive; a choice of 3 hot Asian meals and snacks and usual food / drink you can buy. A320 was clean with no problems. Maybe the Asia side of Tigerair is more passenger friendly and organised?, but give them a go if you're travelling around Asia.

Tigerair customer review :  29 May 2011 by D Maxwell (Australia)

My return flight Sydney to Brisbane was cancelled with no explanation. I only found out (luckily) 2 days before hand when I was attempting to do web check in. I was told that I could swap the tickets for another trip or receive a refund. When looking at their website I noticed that there were tickets being advertised for the same day as I was wanting to travel. When I asked if I could these tickets I was told that these tickets where actually sold out and that the website had not been updated. That if I were to book these tickets online (which the system was letting me do) I would find out later that my trip had been cancelled again due to overbooking. I subsequently book my tickets with another airline at considerable cost due to short notice. I was told that I would receive a refund in 3-6 weeks from Tiger. On looking at the Tiger website the following day I discovered that the trip I had wanted to book was still being advertised and I could still book on line if I wanted to. Therefore, potentially there is a lot of customers who could have been booking that trip over the last two days only to discover that there trip had been cancelled due to over booking. Tiger seems to have a system that is set up for a lot of disappointment for a lot of people.

Tigerair customer review :  27 May 2011 by R Aldabbagh (Australia)

Arrived at the airport only to find out that the flight had been cancelled. Staff informed me that many other flights have been cancelled today and yesterday, however Tiger did not deem it necessary to inform me any earlier! Staff kept apologising, which i must admit is the only thing they do well (they must be used to it, seeing the amount of times flights are cancelled). My flight was at 8.45pm and I was offered another flight the following day at 8.45pm. I chose not to take that offer and managed to get a refund (which will apparently arrive in 3-4 weeks). I booked my flight with Virgin which set me back A$250 one-way SYD-MEL. I will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair customer review :  26 May 2011 by D Louis (Australia)

Flight cancelled at 10pm the night before the flight from Melbourne to Brisbane, I was one of the lucky ones to get a text. I will never fly with them again. On hold for 30 minutes, then dealt with a rude operator who could only offer me a flight after I was due back at work. Not worth the saving on the airfare at all. It will take 3-6 weeks for a refund, I chose to book my flight home with another airline.

Tigerair customer review :  22 May 2011 by E Le Bransky (Australia)

My return flight from Sydney to Melbourne was cancelled and no notification was given to passengers. Consequently the line at Sydney airport was huge and Tiger was completely understaffed to deal with the excess passengers. For cancelling the flight we were offered a refund or a seat on a flight some five hours later. However there were only 20 seats available on the later flight so some people would have missed out. I was one of the lucky ones who got a seat on the later flight. However this later flight also encountered delays. At no point were passengers offered an explanation or an apology. You might save money with the ticket prices, but you will pay for it later with terrible service.

Tigerair customer review :  19 May 2011 by B Alsop (Australia)

Disgraceful. Flight cancelled via text 10pm night before 6am flight. Staff very unhelpful after waiting on hold for close to an hour. Lost $250 car hire and $450 accommodation fees. Never use Tiger again. Flight shows as sold out on web and still scheduled to fly out at 6 in the morning?

Tigerair customer review :  19 May 2011 by D Tulloh (Australia)

We left home at 7am for 0845 flight to Melbourne for the weekend. Our flight was initially delayed by an hour, only minutes before boarding time. Within hour an hour, our flight was cancelled without adequate explanation. The airline also left it to a lone employee to face the dozens of disgruntled and disappointed passengers. We spent 7 hours at Sydney domestic airport and eventually got offered a $5 voucher for McDonalds or a terminal cafe. After a long, mindless day looking around T2 & T3 shops we boarded the plane at 1:45. After more waiting, everyone dutifully seat belted in, the cabin crew announced that 10 people never showed for the flight (not a surprise) and their bags had to be removed from the plane. This caused a further 45 min delay. In total it took 10 hours from leaving our home in Sydney to arriving at our hotel Melbourne. This airline is disgraceful.

Tigerair customer review :  13 May 2011 by M Hooper (Australia)

Everyone says you only fly Tiger once! I forgot my print out web check in ticket and when I arrived at the airport Tiger had the audacity to charge me $30 for a counter check in! Add this to the $15 fee of using your credit card to book tickets and this airline is a rip off. I now will pay the extra and fly Qantas or Virgin.

Tigerair customer review :  13 May 2011 by M Dez (Australia)

My flight was cancelled, no notice, no explanation, no apology. Given option of refund which takes 3-6 weeks or flight tomorrow. Girls on the desk were rude and unhelpful. When asked if I would be put up for the night, was told 'I'm under instructions to not give anyone accommodation.' Disgraceful service, should not be allowed to operate in this country.

Tigerair customer review :  12 May 2011 by R Nataraj (India)

India to Singapore and back to India. There was nothing to complain about. I purchased the tickets when they had an offer where the return ticket was only 1 USD. 4 of us travelled and including the return ticket it came to around 58 USD including baggage cost for two 20 kgs and one 15 kg. The flight departed from Chennai late by 30 mins but we reached Singapore on time. Check their website frequently for any such frequent offers that they provide to get such a low cost ticket.

Tigerair customer review :  11 May 2011 by A Allaga (Philippines)

Manila to Singapore very smooth and on time. Friendly and smiling cabin crew. The captain kept us updated of the weather situation en route to Singapore. With ticket less than $USD40 to Singapore, I couldn't ask for more.

Tigerair customer review :  11 May 2011 by H Lyn (Australia)

MEL-SYD return. All good, only issue a 20 min delay due to a failed landing light. Could not fault the crew or web check in. Yes, will Fly Tiger again.

Tigerair customer review :  9 May 2011 by D Miller (Australia)

Flight cancelled, no warning (why do they collect your contact details?), no apology and no care or empathy shown. Raises concerns about other aspects of the company's operations. Cheap flight but left out of pocket by hundreds of dollars. I will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair customer review :  5 May 2011 by L Hughes (Australia)

Disgusted - so excited to be spending a weekend in Melbourne for our anniversary, just a couple of hours, before we are due to go to the airport, we get a call the flight has been cancelled, I thought it was someone playing a joke. They even sent through a flight confirmation email, this evening. Will never fly Tiger!

Tigerair customer review :  2 May 2011 by Andrew Penton (Australia)

Awful, Flights cancelled without warning, apology or reason; leaving us stranded and eventually costing us hundreds extra to get home. Never use Tiger!

Tigerair customer review :  2 May 2011 by Michael Lopresti (Australia)

SIN-KUL. Basic service, around 75% aircraft capacity. Despite the many complaints on this carrier, yet to have any to have a bad experience myself.

Tigerair customer review :  30 April 2011 by K Dibb (Australia)

Incredibly unsatisfactory - do not fly with them. I used web check in and made sure my bag was under 10 kilos because I know how exorbitant their over weight fees are. However, did not count on them weighing my handbag! Only 1 kilo over, but had to fork out $70 to check in my luggage. The staff were rude and unhelpful about this ridiculous situation. Is it any wonder the company is in trouble?

Tigerair customer review :  30 April 2011 by M Conroy (Australia)

Terrible. 2 hours late like everyone else that's posted here. No apology, no explanation - like everyone else has said here. Their boarding passes say they love being on time. How would they know? It looks like they have never had a flight that was on time.

Tigerair customer review :  30 April 2011 by A Phlorides (Australia)

I was supposed to fly out of Adelaide on 27 April 2011 to Melbourne and was told as I checked in (with four other family members) that the flight was cancelled and they booked us on a flight for 29 April 2011 to Melbourne at 7.30 am . After arriving to check in and waiting 4 hours they told us the flight was cancelled 'again'. Offering me a refund in 48 hours, I had to find another carrier to fly home with. Cancelling a flight once was very disappointing but twice, just reflects that these people should not run an airline. Reason for the cancellation was not given apart from operational reasons. Hopefully CASA shuts them down.

Tigerair customer review :  28 April 2011 by R Sharma (Australia)

Booked Tiger BNE-SYD and back during this Easter weekend to attend cousins wedding. Flight to SYD - waiting time to check in (we had luggage) 1hr followed by flight delay for almost 2hrs - no explanation. So missed out on pre-wedding family function as everyone had gone home by the time we arrived in SYD. Return flight, long queue at check in counter with very slow operations. By the time our time came we were told check in for that flight was closed and we had to take another flight. In other words 'you are hereby abandoned, good luck'. Had no option but to purchase new tickets with another airline - with 3 young children this was an absolute abuse. Appreciate Tiger is cheap travel but people are not cattle.

Tigerair customer review :  27 April 2011 by L Mountford (Australia)

Booked Tiger for our return Adelaide to Melbourne, arrived at airport early so as not to miss check in - only to be told our flight had been delayed due to fog. Then 4 hrs later it was cancelled entirely. While it may be true word of mouth can be the best advertising never lose sight of the fact in can be the worst.

Tigerair customer review :  27 April 2011 by C Noble (Australia)

BNE-MEL-BNE. Outbound delayed 2hrs with no explanation, and then flight boarding never called - lucky I was near the gate and followed everyone else! Onboard service was passable, crew friendly. Return flight - loaded us on and then technical issue saw us unloaded and transferred to another flight (via security- again!) total delay 2.5hrs. Total cost of my time 4.5hrs. add this to the regular flight times to and from, and needing to be there at least a hr prior to check in = 10.5hrs. Qantas next time where I don't need to spend a day of my life just to get to MEL and back.

Tigerair customer review :  27 April 2011 by C Tin (Hong Kong)

HKG-SIN, good flight since got exit row seating. Plane new condition and clean. Brought carry- on bag without issue. No complains except for the really tacky uniforms the attendants have to wear.

Tigerair customer review :  26 April 2011 by A Pruba (Australia)

Melbourne (Tulla) to Gold Coast - flight delayed more than an hour with no explanation. Finally boarded at 6.55 (flight was scheduled to leave at 5.40), where the pilot briefed us that there was an issue with a passenger onboard the previous flight, hence the delay. The flight crew then conducted their safety spiel as well as cross checking. We then sat on the tarmac a further 50 minutes! I've flown with Tiger once before this trip, and found the staff rude and unhelpful. I thought I'd luck out this time, but it was by far the worst air trip of my life. Unfortunately, need to return to Melbourne with them, but never again after that. You get what you pay for.

Tigerair customer review :  26 April 2011 by Barry Woolnough (Australia)

Brisbane - Sydney. Online checkin. Staff excellent. Cabin condition condition was good. I am 6 foot but legroom was okay. No complaints for a 70 minute flight. It may get uncomfortable for two or more hours though.

Tigerair customer review :  21 April 2011 by I Kiteley (Australia)

Flight scheduled for 0855 this morning. Got to the airport at 0700 to find that the flight was cancelled and were told that the next available flight to Melbourne was in 2 days time! No explanation was offered as to why our flight was cancelled and a refund was available in 2 weeks time. We shall not be using Tiger again.

Tigerair customer review :  20 April 2011 by B Wu (Malaysia)

I have been using Tigerair lately. For the flight route that I used, the fares have always been the cheapest. This goes to their priority seating price as well. Cabin quality is among the best in the budget airlines industry. For punctuality in departure and arrival, it often missed the schedule though not by a lot. Didn't encounter hours of delay as experienced by some here. Another shorting is they do not have much food selection as compared to say, Air Asia. However, their in-flight shopping list is more impressive.

Tigerair customer review :  19 April 2011 by D Martin (Australia)

MEL-ADL. First and last time I fly with this airline. Flight was due to depart around 2pm, then told a delay of 2 hrs due to mechanical issue and they had no spare aircraft. Then flight delayed for another 3 hours because the aircraft rescheduled to do operate our flight had to go to Tasmania and back. Eventually left Melbourne around 8:45pm.

Tigerair customer review :  18 April 2011 by Peter Schweizer (Australia)

Pleasantly surprised on my flight from SYD to BNE travelling with my 4 year old son. A320 in great condition and cabin looked tidy. Very young cabin crew but very energetic assisting people to get carry-on stowed in overhead compartments. Good information from the flight deck. Flight was initially delayed by 30 minutes due to late arrival of air craft but lost another 30 minutes standing at the gate after boarding completed with no further explanation from the flight deck. Seat pitch very tight and just bearable for a 70 minute flight. Could not purchase emergency exit seating as I was travelling with a toddler. Fare not much cheaper than QF or DJ. Would fly TT again in the future but only if the fare is significantly cheaper than the competitors.

Tigerair customer review :  17 April 2011 by S Eichler (Australia)

Sunshine Coast - Sydney return. Bargain fare of $29.95 each way. Departing flight on time and baggage checked in with minimal fuss. Unfortunately if you have baggage you cannot check in so if there are other persons on the booking who have/can check in online unless they also present at the counter you aren't seated together. Flight was 50% full and staff were pleasant if not robotic. Returning flight was delayed 25 mins with no explanation. A late gate change also took place but this was advised over the PA system. Returning flight had a much more pleasant and jovial crew. I asked at check in for an emergency exit row seat and this was not a problem. For what I paid, I was more than happy and if I can secure this flight at such a cheap price again I would snap it up.

Tigerair customer review :  11 April 2011 by Jan Dollan (Australia)

Perth to Avalon was cancelled and changed to later flight but to Melbourne Tulla. Then had to find our own way back to our car at Avalon. Never fly Tiger. Pay the extra and fly with a real airline. Apparently Tiger are not obligated to service their passengers as the other domestic carriers and can cancel flights at a whim.

Tigerair customer review :  11 April 2011 by B Smithson (Australia)

MEL-ADL. There seems to be less chance of delays on Tiger the earlier in the day you fly. At 9.30am the terminal was quiet and the flight was on time. The new uniforms are marginally better than the old ones (at least they are all the same colour). Im 6"0 and found the leg room much, much smaller than other domestic carriers - my knees were pushed uncomfortably against the back of the seat in front of me for the entire flight. The 1 hours flights they are fine and you do get what you paid for. I cannot imagine trying to do a 3+ hour flight in such a cramped seat.

Tigerair customer review :  3 April 2011 by Brad Deville (Australia)

Melbourne-Mackay return. First flight cancelled for "operational reasons" after arriving at the airport at 4am to make sure we had finished booking in 45 minutes early and then told to come back the next day, return flight delayed, in the end by 12 hours. As some of the party were flying internationally the next day we had to cancel 6 tickets and book Virgin at double the price (but they were extremely helpful). Tiger staff were rude, unhelpful and did not keep the rest of us updated. The engineer was due to arrive at 4.30pm (flight meant to leave at 9.25am) but believe he arrived at 8pm (no advice). We finally boarded 12 hours later - no apologies. Upon calling the call centre which cheerfully told me that they are now open to midnight every day, it then told me that they were closed - at 7pm.

Tigerair customer review :  1 April 2011 by M Wood (Australia)

Booked flight on Tiger from Melbourne to Perth after flying other way on Qantas. Ticket suggested arriving 2 hrs early to check luggage in. Flight was delayed 3 1/2 hrs from normal departure. Check in staff looked disinterested and unfriendly. I'm average height and found the seats on the A320 very close to those in front and claustrophobic. If you are tall I would suggest looking elsewhere. Add up all the fees and the price difference to Qantas, given the lack of service and comfort doesn't make it worth flying Tiger.

Tigerair customer review :  1 April 2011 by J Colley (Australia)

Way to Melbourne: Wrong boarding gate printed on boarding pass, plane delayed 5 hours at Sydney airport while they tried to fix a problem with the computer management on the plane. Sat on the plane for over an hour while the stewards drank coffee and gossiped. No refreshments served and no assistance what so ever. Had to switch to Qantas as there were no other tiger flights. Still waiting for refund. Return from Melbourne: Plane delayed 4 hours due to late arrival from Sydney airport. Great deal of confusion among travellers, with very little information provided. Many confused travellers trying to board Sydney flight who actually had their boarding gate changed. They were supposed to board from another gate and were not informed until last minute. Supreme lack of professionalism. Lack of staff, lack of information, and thus far, lack of refund.

Tigerair customer review :  1 April 2011 by Renee Lusk (Australia)

Syd-Bne. Started boarding passengers, then off loaded them. Told there was an engineering fault with plane. 45 mins later we were told the engineer was in Melbourne and over an hour away from landing in Sydney. I had an international flight to catch the following morning and was told that maybe I should look at trying to get a flight on another airline, which I was luckyto do and had to pay an extreme price for. I rang Tiger when I got back to Brisbane and asked for a refund and was told they would only be able to refund the cost of their cheap ticket and the refund would be processed in 3-6 weeks! They are very quick to take the money but not so quick to refund!

Tigerair customer review :  28 March 2011 by Michael Henderson (Australia)

Booked Melbourne to Gold Coast 0630 departure to be in Gold Coast in plenty of time to go to wedding at 1300 on 19th May. Booked flight two months ago. Just received email stating flight has been 'rescheduled' to 1330 departure. Will arrive in Gold Coast 2.5 hrs after wedding starts! Have flown Tiger many times without problem. No offer of refund or to get put on a flight the day before. I know you get what you pay for and the tickets are cheap but it is still that, a ticket at a time that I booked, would not be complaining if I had bought a standby ticket, but I did not.

Tigerair customer review :  28 March 2011 by C Young (Australia)

SYD-MEL Return. First leg of flight delayed 1.5 hrs due to insufficient staff for the flight, second leg of flight delayed 45 mins with no reason given; flight time for second leg was announced as 1 hr 5 mins but turned out to be 1.5 hrs; first leg walked on aircraft-fumed tarmac in windy and wet conditions, inside cabin was worn and dirty (only one of our seat pockets had a flight magazine and it was stuck to the back of the pocket with chewing gum). Announcements in the cabin with the volume at super loud setting - poor facilities at Departure lounge in Melbourne. It cost us $40 to reserve seats.

Tigerair customer review :  16 March 2011 by Jeremy Tan (Singapore)

Hanoi to Singapore on new A320 plane. On time arrival and departure in Hanoi. Service was good, hot meals available on 3 hour flight. Not a full flight so we could move around. Landing was smooth, budget terminal basic but quick to clear customs.

Tigerair customer review :  16 March 2011 by Terry James (Australia)

Perth to HCM through Singapore & returned 5 days later. Really cheap, on time, no frills food or drink, carry on luggage. I am 6' so a bit tight but Great value for money.

Tigerair customer review :  15 March 2011 by M Sarker (Australia)

Melbourne-Tullamarine-Gold Coast-Avalon A320. Flight delayed by 2 hours in Melbourne Tullamarine airport but inflight service was reasonably good. Flight delayed by 3 hours on the return from Gold Coast to Avalon but again the in-flight experience was acceptable. Crew friendly, good service and food. Major issue with Tigerair is the ability to meet their deadline in punctuality. Flight cancellations is a major issue I've experienced with Tiger Airways which cost me dearly. Very poor call center customer service, very difficult to explain things to the operator and very hard to communicate. Overall, if younger travelers plan to go for short trips, its definitely worth taking the risk with Tigerair as they offer dirt cheap flights and in the end you get what you pay for. However, I would not recommend tiger airways for families and elderly passengers due to a poor record in meeting flight deadlines and a high flight cancellation rate.

Tigerair customer review :  15 March 2011 by R Wendes (Spain)

Singapore to Perth. We were careful about our cabin baggage limit and whilst we had pre- purchased 25kg checked baggage knew we would exceed this and have to purchase extra 15kg. Earlier reviews prompted us to arrive early for check-in expecting queues. We arrived early to find a special "early check-in " queue. We checked in our 2 bags totalled around 30kg,we had bought 25kg but no extra charge. Slight black mark when our priority boarding status was not recognised and we were put in the wrong queue - sorted that ourselves. Flight was on time and very smooth, cabin crew excellent.

Tigerair customer review :  15 August 2011 by Tim Short    (UK)

Singapore-Ho Chi Minh. I thought that the Singapore budget terminal was calm, clean and organised. Check-in and queue took about 15 mins and was given exit row without asking. Boarding was by groups of rows and no problems with overhead bin space. Food and drinks offered and seemed much more expensive than other airlines. Cabin crew friendly, flight on time, nothing to complain about. Cheaper than others on this route.

Tigerair customer review :  5 August 2011 by Salleh Lim (Singapore)

I flew with them on the HKT-SIN route. Flight was delayed for 2hr 10mins and captain apologised. Cabin crew looked uninspired but because it was a short night flight, everyone was sleeping. For the price I paid, I would definitely fly TR again. I just wished they flew out from Changi Terminal 1 instead of the Budget Terminal.

Tigerair customer review :  14 July 2011 by Richard Frost (Hong Kong)

First time using Tiger and was extremely satisfied. Both HKG-SIN and return were on time, smooth boarding. Cabin staff seemed friendly enough and food and drink prices, though more expensive than AirAsia, are still not too badly priced and a reasonable selection. Seats were about as expected for a budget airline, fairly comfortable. And for just HK$1200 round trip it was a bargain and about 1/4 the price of Cathay Pacific! Would definitely use again.

Tigerair customer review :  4 July 2011 by George Koulakis (Australia)

Boarded a Tiger flight in Sydney for flight to Melb. Was sat in cabin for 50 mins with no activity or movement. On departure no explanation was offered. During the flight, 2 flight attendants began to argue and it turned nasty and uncomfortable for passengers in the front row, where we sat watching a girl have strips torn off her by a woman who felt she was the centre of the universe. I wrote a letter of complaint, but had to send it to Singapore E-mail address as there is no local E-mail contact with them in Australia.

Tigerair customer review :  1 July 2011 by Chris Burnett (Australia)

Melbourne-Brisbane cancelled for the second time. This time at 2130 the night before an 0615 flight. I received an SMS stating the flight was cancelled and there was nothing available until Sun. Our only option would be to now buy $500 one way tickets for the family with Qantas or Virgin, adding $2000 to our weekend trip to Queensland. It is a false Economy to book Tiger. You may get there, but then again you may not. I have travel insurance and they can't assist me, other than to pay me back for missed hotel bookings. If it's important that you arrive at your destination when you planned, then book with a real airline. We've learnt our lesson.

Tigerair customer review :  30 June 2011 by Greg Fisk (Australia)

Every flight we have been on has been cancelled at the last minute with no explanation, and offered flights several days later (when we are supposed to be home). Spent more on the 4 hr drive to the cancelled flight than I ever would have saved. Can't contact "customer service", no notifications - even their website says the flight is running. Terrible.

Tigerair customer review :  30 June 2011 by Manoharan Sandhya (Singapore)

Very unreliable especially when you are travelling with your infant. They cancelled the flight, and notified only upon reaching the airport at the check-in counter, which is just 2 hrs before the departure time. They had made alternative arrangements but did not notify me that would involve transit from Singapore-Colombo and 2hrs wait and then to change flight to Chennai. The most shocking part of this travel was, this unreliable airline didn't book tickets for my 11 month infant from Colombo-Chennai. The journey which was supposed to be 4 hrs + 3 hrs at both the airports, now turned out to be 12hrs. Personnel at Tigerair did not consider how an infant withstand such a long time without proper sleep. Highly disappointed with Tigerair response and arrangement.

Tigerair customer review :  28 June 2011 by K Macpherson (Australia)

Flight was cancelled from Melbourne-Cairns. No text message, no email warning was sent. Only found out when I contacted Tiger with a query about web check in - they'd sent me an email reminding me to web check-in then when I clicked on the link, was advised that web check in was not available for my flight. The guy I spoke to sounded like a computer and honestly could not have cared less that my travel plans had been ruined. Offered a refund (in six weeks' time) or a spot on the next available flight (paying the difference of course) which was four days later and not suitable. Had to buy an expensive last minute flight to replace it.

Tigerair customer review :  28 June 2011 by John Bailey (Australia)

We will not fly with Tiger again because they are far too unreliable. The final straw was this morning when the Perth Avalon flight was deferred from 08:40 to 17:30, after already being rescheduled by 12 hours when Tiger rearranged their Australian schedules earlier this year (to improve reliability!) . Of the 5 sectors that we have booked over the last 3 years, only one flight left at the originally booked time (PER/SIN in 2008). None of the delays were related to a natural disaster, like volcanic ash. Three (including today) were delayed by many hours, and we only found out at the airport. Two were rescheduled by 12 hours when Tiger rearranged their schedules earlier this year, causing significant problems with our holiday. A one in five success rate is appalling, even for a discount airline. It is especially bad in a large country like Australia where regularly cancelling, rescheduling or delaying the one flight a day causes people major inconvenience. Luckily this morning we were able to rebook with another, reliable airline, though this goes to Melbourne Airport, which is less convenient than Avalon for this trip.

Tigerair customer review :  27 June 2011 by R Chauhan (Australia)

Flight cancelled from Brisbane-Sydney. No text message, no email warning was sent. Only found out once we had arrived at the airport. Staff advised they did not know why. Offered a refund or a flight the next day which was not suitable, seeing as the only reason we were going was to attend an important event on the Saturday night. Taking a replacement flight would have been as wasted trip. Had to buy a super expensive flight x 3, extremely costly! Even if they manage to get us home today, will not be flying Tiger airways again. Don't buy cheap flights - it is truly not worth the savings.

Tigerair customer review :  27 June 2011 by Raghupathy Rajaraman (India)

I travelled Chennai-Singapore. Though the travel was comfortable on the 4 hr day flight, the customer services are very poor. The basic need of water supply, of even one bottle was not arranged by the Airways but available for sale just like a shop. They should charge and include the cost at the time of booking for which no customer will mind for making payment. But once we enter in to the flight our need to be taken care by the Airways. Simply by advertising that the Budget Airways, the basic requirement should not be ignored. I have already complained, but no response. That indicates the Tigerair is after business only and not for customer care. I hope they will give top priority for customers need also.

Tigerair customer review :  26 June 2011 by Z Leung (Singapore)

MEL-BNE-MEL, SIN-KUL, PEN-SIN, SIN-KCH-SIN. All flights were punctual. Flights were bargain- basement cheap and one shouldn't compare the airline for a full-service airline. Would not hesitate to fly Tiger again!

Tigerair customer review :  26 June 2011 by I Cunningham (Australia)

Cancelled my Melbourne-Brisbane flight less than 24 hrs, inevitably meaning I paid about twice as much compared to other airlines due to then requiring a last minute ticket. 2 of my colleagues also had their flights cancelled (different routes) and given a similar "operational reason" without any further explanation.

Tigerair customer review :  25 June 2011 by Tom Müller (Switzerland)

Our flight from Singapore-Bangkok was overbooked. We had to stay in a hotel in Singapore and take the next flight one day later. They told us we could stay in a hotel and get the money back. We never got an answer to our refund requests. They overbooked all flights. Choose Air Asia, we had never problems with them.

Tigerair customer review :  24 June 2011 by Edmund Carew (Australia)

AVV-SYD. Flight arrived ex OOL but incomprehensibly inefficient boarding where an inexperienced and very slow male staff member saw us depart 20 mins late. Flight only had 70 or so passengers on the 180 seat A320. Staff went through the motions of selling the usual snacks but few passengers purchased anything. 1 female flight attendant lacked any manners and was noticeably curt to female passengers, although more civil to males. The other flight attendants looked bored. The flight failed to pick up any time with arrival at the SYD airport gate some 25" down. This flight alone would have lost a few thousand dollars. While not at a peak time, one wonders how much longer before part owners such as Singapore Airlines pull the pin on the Australian operation where clearly (when not affected by natural events such as volcanic ash) flights are cancelled daily due to either an aircraft failure or low passenger numbers. Of course Tiger is not the only airline to do this: all the domestic airlines in Australia engage in such practices, but Tiger is the worst based on objective BITRE figures.

Tigerair customer review :  20 June 2011 by Peter Edmonds (Australia)

Sydney to Sunshine Coast easy web check in, flight on time and crew charming. Sunshine Coast to Sydney easy web check in, flight cancelled without any communication (either email address or mobile number supplied with booking) and no answer from customer service number in Melbourne (long distance call). Tiger is fine until they decide to cancel a flight. That's when you learn that flying Tiger is flying false economy. I strongly recommend flying any other airline.

Tigerair customer review :  20 June 2011 by D Barton (Australia)

Booked a family holiday from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast for 6 adults and 3 children. Was phoned 1 hour before check in that the flight was cancelled and we could go to either Brisbane at 16.45 flight or to the Gold Coast at 15.20. We thought the Brisbane flight would get us closer to our destination, we then tried to get our rental car changed from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane they advised us that they didn't have any cars available. We phoned Tiger back and advised them that we had no way of getting from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast at such a late time on a Sun evening and asked them what they can do for us, the response was nothing. As we agreed to go on the Brisbane flight they have managed to wash their hands completely of any assistance in accommodation for the night until we could obtain transport from Brisbane. Our return section was just as bad, we phoned them on the Sat to make sure our flight was still flying and was told yes. After our initial trouble getting to the Sunshine Coast we didn't rely on Tiger at all and phoned them back again a few hrs later, to once again be told that our flight was cancelled and that they could only put us on a flight from Brisbane at 2005 - even though their website showed seats available on earlier flights. Those with young children would understand that 20.05 flight to get home around 23.00 is not at all ideal. Tiger were not prepared to assist us in anyway.

Tigerair customer review :  20 June 2011 by Britta Hayes (Australia)

As per the previous comment, we also booked our flight to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast and paid for accommodation and return flights with another airline. We were sent no text or email and booked in over the net. On arrival at the airport we were told all flights with Tiger from the Sunshine Coast were cancelled. We could change our flights to Tues - but they could not guarantee the flight would not also be cancelled. We will never, ever make this mistake again!

Tigerair customer review :  20 June 2011 by F Kehl (Australia)

BNE-SYD-BNE. I received a call just under 4 hrs from departure to say flight was cancelled. I first though it was a joke. Next available flight offered 24hrs later or a refund. I took the refund for full trip as I was only going for the weekend so to miss a day was pointless. Other airlines were very expensive to purchase at the last minute so I missed my weekend. I received a text 24hrs prior to say return flight was cancelled and to call Tiger. My issues that they can't put an apology in that very brief cancellation text message, that they ask the customer to call and chase the refund and that the refund can take 3-6 weeks. I've flown them at least 4 times and have had a couple of minor delays & have been happy to buy bargain flights. Not any more! I will pay more in future for hopefully reliable flying.

Tigerair customer review :  17 June 2011 by S Coote (Australia)

I booked a flight to Sydney, booked accommodation etc and then received a text message two hrs before check in to inform us the only flight from the Sunshine coast had been cancelled. The text asked me to phone a phone number in Melbourne (no 1800 number available), waited for 40 mins before someone answered. Had great difficulty understanding her basic English. Ruined holiday thanks, Tiger! No reason given for cancellation. The cheap fare has ended up being quite expensive. Will never fly Tiger again.

Tigerair customer review :  17 June 2011 by Gary Daly (Australia)

I waited at Perth Airport for a flight to Avalon Airport near Geelong, Victoria. The departures screen claimed that the flight was on time. At the departure time, no staff appeared at the gate, though the departures screen still claimed that the flight was on time. Then there was an announcement over the PA, saying that the flight had been cancelled for "operational reasons" and that passengers should go downstairs to collect their luggage. Despite this, the departures screen claimed that the flight was on time. The passengers all had to go down the stairs and collect their luggage and then join a huge queue of angry passengers at the checkin counter. I managed to get a Tigerair flight to Tullamarine, Melbourne leaving 14 hours later, though I was originally booked to Avalon, Geelong. Tiger Airlines did not provide any assistance with food, accommodation or transport.

Tigerair customer review :  16 June 2011 by Z Leow (Australia)

Sydney to Adelaide on 13/6/2011 was cancelled due to the Volcanic Ash but was not updated on their website. We proceeded to the airport, as per their instructions on the website, only to be told that all flights to Adelaide has been suspended and that the next available flight out is 2 days later. No form of notification as to update of the status of the flights. On top of that, every other experience with Tigerair has always been met with flight delay or cancellation. Cheap tickets are definitely not worth the unreliability.

Tigerair customer review :  14 June 2011 by Francis Teo (Singapore)

Singapore to Krabi and return. I arrived at the Budget Terminal at 915 am for the 1025 am flight. There were still a line of about 10 to 15 people waiting to be checked in at the two counters that were open. After a ten minute wait, we were checked in. Despite not reserving a seat in advance, we were allocated a complete row of six seats. The flight was about 85% full. We boarded about 15 minutes before flight time. It was drizzling and we were offered an umbrella for the short walk to the stairs to board the aircraft. On board, the seats were leather-covered. There was a five minute delay in push back and we took off at 1045 am. Once air-borne, the crew began buy on board service and well as duty free sale. Service was fuss free and it was a short 80 minute ride to our destination. We landed five minutes behind schedule and proceeded for our holiday. For the return flight, we arrived at 1015 am at Krabi Airport for the 1135 am flight. There were queues at the two counters opened for check in. We waited about ten minutes before it was our turn. The flight was full but the agent managed to offer us 6 aisle seats that were not too far from one another. The aircraft arrived about fifteen minutes late from Singapore and that delayed our departure from Krabi as well. Service on board was similar to the inbound flight. Nothing much to expect nor complain about. Just a clean, smooth journey back to Singapore. For regional trips in and from Asia, Tiger does the job fine and provides affordable point to point service most of the time.